Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ARHGAP1
Description: Rho GTPase activating protein 1
Alias: CDC42GAP, RHOGAP, RHOGAP1, p50rhoGAP, rho GTPase-activating protein 1, CDC42 GTPase-activating protein, GTPase-activating protein rhoGAP, GTPase-activating protein rhoOGAP, GTPase-activating protein, Rho, 1, rho-related small GTPase protein activator, rho-type GTPase-activating protein 1
Publications245 found, 100 shown here
- DLC1 interacts with 14-3-3 proteins to inhibit RhoGAP activity and block nucleocytoplasmic shuttlingRolf Peter Scholz
University of Stuttgart, Institute of Cell Biology and Immunology, Allmandring 31, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
J Cell Sci 122:92-102. 2009..The binding to 14-3-3 proteins is thus a newly discovered mechanism by which DLC1 activity is regulated and compartmentalized...
- MgF(3)(-) as a transition state analog of phosphoryl transferDebbie L Graham
Computational and Structural Sciences, GlaxoSmithKline, Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, Herts, United Kingdom
Chem Biol 9:375-81. 2002..We have determined the crystal structure of RhoA.GDP bound to RhoGAP in the presence of Mg(2+) and F(-) but without Al(3+)...
- Structure at 1.65 A of RhoA and its GTPase-activating protein in complex with a transition-state analogueK Rittinger
National Institute for Medical Research, London, UK
Nature 389:758-62. 1997..of their intrinsic GTPase activity is slow, but can be accelerated by up to 10(5)-fold through interaction with rhoGAP, a GTPase-activating protein that stimulates Rho-family proteins...
- Structures of Cdc42 bound to the active and catalytically compromised forms of Cdc42GAPN Nassar
Department of Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Nat Struct Biol 5:1047-52. 1998..has a low intrinsic GTPase activity that is significantly enhanced by its specific GTPase-activating protein, Cdc42GAP. In this report, we present the tertiary structure for the aluminum fluoride-promoted complex between Cdc42 and a ..
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of the Bcl-2-associated protein BNIP-2 by fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 prevents its binding to Cdc42GAP and Cdc42B C Low
Signal Transduction Laboratory, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore 117609, Republic of Singapore
J Biol Chem 274:33123-30. 1999..BNIP-2 shares a region of homology with the noncatalytic domain of Cdc42GAP, a GTPase-activating protein for the small GTP-binding molecule, Cdc42...
- The BNIP-2 and Cdc42GAP homology domain of BNIP-2 mediates its homophilic association and heterophilic interaction with Cdc42GAPB C Low
Signal Transduction Laboratory, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 30 Medical Drive, Singapore 117609, Republic of Singapore
J Biol Chem 275:37742-51. 2000..The carboxyl terminus of BNIP-2 shares high homology to the non-catalytic domain of Cdc42GAP, termed BCH (for BNIP-2 and Cdc42GAP homology) domain...
- The BNIP-2 and Cdc42GAP homology/Sec14p-like domain of BNIP-Salpha is a novel apoptosis-inducing sequenceYi Ting Zhou
Cell Signaling and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Department of Biological Sciences, The National University of Singapore, BLK S2, 14 Science Drive 4, Singapore 117543, Republic of Singapore
J Biol Chem 277:7483-92. 2002..The BNIP-S gene encodes two protein isoforms; the longer protein (BNIP-Salpha) contains a complete BNIP-2 and Cdc42GAP Homology (BCH) domain, a novel protein domain that we recently identified, whereas its shorter variant (BNIP-..
- Concerted regulation of cell dynamics by BNIP-2 and Cdc42GAP homology/Sec14p-like, proline-rich, and GTPase-activating protein domains of a novel Rho GTPase-activating protein, BPGAP1Xun Shang
Cell Signaling and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Department of Biological Sciences, The National University of Singapore, 14 Science Drive 4, Singapore 117543, Republic of Singapore
J Biol Chem 278:45903-14. 2003..Cdc42GAP-like protein subtype-1), that is ubiquitously expressed and shares 54% sequence identity to Cdc42GAP/p50RhoGAP. BP-GAP1 selectively enhanced RhoA GTPase activity in vivo although it also interacted strongly with Cdc42 and ..
- BNIP-Salpha induces cell rounding and apoptosis by displacing p50RhoGAP and facilitating RhoA activation via its unique motifs in the BNIP-2 and Cdc42GAP homology domainY T Zhou
Cell Signaling and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Department of Biological Sciences, The National University of Singapore, Singapore, Republic of Singapore
Oncogene 25:2393-408. 2006..is also necessary for its heterophilic interaction with the BCH domain of the Rho GTPase-activating protein, p50RhoGAP/Cdc42GAP...
- Current knowledge of the large RhoGAP family of proteinsJoseph Tcherkezian
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2B2
Biol Cell 99:67-86. 2007..RhoGAPs have been identified in eukaryotes, ranging from yeast to human, and based on sequence homology of their RhoGAP domain, we have grouped them into subfamilies...
- Nudel binds Cdc42GAP to modulate Cdc42 activity at the leading edge of migrating cellsYidong Shen
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, China
Dev Cell 14:342-53. 2008b>Cdc42GAP promotes inactivation of Cdc42, a small GTPase whose activation at the leading edge by guanine nucleotide exchange factors is critical for cell migration...
- Cloning and expression of a human CDC42 GTPase-activating protein reveals a functional SH3-binding domainE T Barfod
Department of Molecular Biology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080
J Biol Chem 268:26059-62. 1993..An unidentified 25-kDa platelet protein has been shown to function as a specific CDC42GAP. Here we report the cloning of a cDNA encoding this GAP from a human platelet-precursor cell line...
- The structure of the GTPase-activating domain from p50rhoGAPT Barrett
National Institute for Medical Research, London, UK
Nature 385:458-61. 1997..Here we report the crystal structure of an active 242-residue C-terminal fragment of human p50rhoGAP. The structure is an unusual arrangement of nine alpha-helices, the core of which includes a four-helix bundle...
- Autoinhibition of p50 Rho GTPase-activating protein (GAP) is released by prenylated small GTPasesPatryk Moskwa
Department of Physiology, Semmelweis University, H 1444 Budapest, Hungary
J Biol Chem 280:6716-20. 2005Interaction of p50 Rho GTPase-activating protein (p50RhoGAP) with Rho family small GTPases was investigated in a yeast two-hybrid system, by radioactive GAP assay, and in a Rac-regulated enzymatic reaction, through superoxide production ..
- BNIP-2 induces cell elongation and membrane protrusions by interacting with Cdc42 via a unique Cdc42-binding motif within its BNIP-2 and Cdc42GAP homology domainYi Ting Zhou
Cell Signaling and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Department of Biological Sciences, The National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543
Exp Cell Res 303:263-74. 2005..We previously showed that BNIP-2 interacted with Cdc42 and its cognate inactivator, p50RhoGAP/Cdc42GAP via its BNIP-2 and Cdc42GAP homology (BCH) domain, but its cellular and physiological roles still ..
- Sec14 homology domain targets p50RhoGAP to endosomes and provides a link between Rab and Rho GTPasesGábor Sirokmány
Department of Physiology, Semmelweis University, P O Box 259, 1444 Budapest, Hungary
J Biol Chem 281:6096-105. 2006..b>P50RhoGAP, the first identified GTPase activating protein for Rho GTPases, is composed of a Sec14-like domain and a Rho-..
- Characterization of rhoGAP. A GTPase-activating protein for rho-related small GTPasesC A Lancaster
Chester Beatty Laboratories, Institute of Cancer Research, London, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 269:1137-42. 1994..We have purified a GAP specific for the rho subfamily of small GTPases. Partial sequence analysis of rhoGAP has led to the identification of a family of related proteins which now includes bcr, chimaerin, p190, p85, and ..
- Compound deletion of the rhoGAP C1 and V2 vasopressin receptor genes in a patient with nephrogenic diabetes insipidusT Schoneberg
Institut fur Pharmakologie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Hum Mutat 14:163-74. 1999..The C1 gene at Xq28 encodes a protein assumed to function as a Rho GTPase-activating protein (rhoGAP)...
- Lowe syndrome protein OCRL1 interacts with Rac GTPase in the trans-Golgi networkAdèle Faucherre
Institut Cochin, Département de Génétiques, Developpement et Pathologie Moleculaire, INSERM U567 CNRS UMR8104 Université Paris V, France
Hum Mol Genet 12:2449-56. 2003..OCRL1 protein is a phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate 5-phosphatase with a C-terminal RhoGAP domain...
- Two novel types of contiguous gene deletion of the AVPR2 and ARHGAP4 genes in unrelated Japanese kindreds with nephrogenic diabetes insipidusMasashi Demura
Second Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
Hum Mutat 19:23-9. 2002..3 kb and 26.3 kb deletions involving the AVPR2 and ARHGAP4 (RhoGAP C1) genes. In the case of the 21...
- Regulation of phagocytosis in Dictyostelium by the inositol 5-phosphatase OCRL homolog Dd5P4Harriet M Loovers
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, University of Groningen, Kerklaan 30, 9751NN Haren, The Netherlands
Traffic 8:618-28. 2007..Dd5P4 is the Dictyostelium homolog of human OCRL (oculocerebrorenal syndrome of Lowe); both have a RhoGAP domain and a 5-phosphatase domain that acts on phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate/phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-..
- PIP3-independent activation of TorC2 and PKB at the cell's leading edge mediates chemotaxisYoichiro Kamimura
Department of Cell Biology, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Curr Biol 18:1034-43. 2008..However, chemotaxis can still occur in the absence of PIP(3), and the identities of the PIP(3)-independent pathways remain unknown...
- The novel Rho GTPase-activating protein family protein, Rga8, provides a potential link between Cdc42/p21-activated kinase and Rho signaling pathways in the fission yeast, Schizosaccharomyces pombePeirong Yang
Department of Molecular Genetics and Program in Genes and Development, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 278:48821-30. 2003..Here we describe the characterization of a novel member of the RhoGAP family, Rga8, identified from a two-hybrid screen for proteins that interact with the Shk1 kinase domain...
- Convergent use of RhoGAP toxins by eukaryotic parasites and bacterial pathogensDominique Colinet
UMR 1112 UNSA INRA Résponses des Organismes aux Stress Environnementaux, Sophia Antipolis, France
PLoS Pathog 3:e203. 2007..Interestingly, a RhoGAP domain-containing protein, LbGAP, was recently characterized from the parasitoid wasp Leptopilina boulardi, and ..
- Aberrant Ras regulation and reduced p190 tyrosine phosphorylation in cells lacking p120-GapP van der Geer
Programme in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 17:1840-7. 1997..However, we found that normal tyrosine phosphorylation of p190-rhoGap, a cytoplasmic protein that associates with the p120-Gap SH2 domains, was dependent on the presence of p120-Gap...
- Gene expression profiling of metastatic brain cancerVahe Michael Zohrabian
Department of Neurosurgery, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Oncol Rep 18:321-8. 2007..Alterations in Rho GTPases (ARHGAP26, ARHGAP1), as well as down-regulation of the metastasis suppressor gene KiSS-1 were noted, which may contribute to tumor ..
- The anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome activator Cdh1 modulates Rho GTPase by targeting p190 RhoGAP for degradationHideaki Naoe
Division of Gene Regulation, Institute for Advanced Medical Research, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 30:3994-4005. 2010..Our data revealed a novel function for Cdh1 as a regulator of Rho and provided insights into the role of Cdh1 in cell cytoskeleton organization and cell motility...
- Arf6 and phosphoinositol-4-phosphate-5-kinase activities permit bypass of the Rac1 requirement for beta1 integrin-mediated bacterial uptakeKa Wing Wong
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, Tufts University School of Medicine, 150 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Exp Med 198:603-14. 2003..The elimination of the Rac1-GTP-bound form from the cell by the introduction of the Y. pseudotuberculosis YopE RhoGAP protein could be bypassed by the overproduction of either PIP5K or Arf6, although the degree of bypass was greater ..
- p190 Rho-GTPase activating protein associates with plexins and it is required for semaphorin signallingDavide Barberis
Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment IRCC, University of Turin Medical School, Candiolo, Torino 10060, Italy
J Cell Sci 118:4689-700. 2005..response can be rescued in these cells by re-expressing exogenous p190, but not a mutant form specifically lacking RhoGAP activity...
- Physical and functional interaction of Fyn tyrosine kinase with a brain-enriched Rho GTPase-activating protein TCGAPHui Liu
Division of Oncology, Department of Cancer Biology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:23611-9. 2006..Nerve growth factor enhanced tyrosine phosphorylation of TCGAP through activation of Src family kinases. These results suggest that TCGAP is involved in Fyn-mediated regulation of axon and dendrite outgrowth...
- The IQGAP1-Rac1 and IQGAP1-Cdc42 interactions: interfaces differ between the complexesDarerca Owen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 283:1692-704. 2008..We also present thermodynamic data pertaining to the Rac1/Cdc42-RhoGAP complexes...
- Genetic screening in C. elegans identifies rho-GTPase activating protein 6 as novel HERG regulatorFranck Potet
Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 46:257-67. 2009..ARHGAP6 effects were maintained when we introduced a dominant negative rho-GTPase, or ARHGAP6 devoid of rhoGAP function, indicating ARHGAP6 regulation of HERG is independent of rho activation...
- Tensin 2 modulates cell contractility in 3D collagen gels through the RhoGAP DLC1Katherine Clark
Department of Biochemistry, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
J Cell Biochem 109:808-17. 2010..was associated with a substantial reduction in Rho activity, and it was reversed by depletion of DLC1, a RhoGAP that binds to tensin in focal adhesions...
- Tyrosine 807 of the v-Fms oncogene product controls cell morphology and association with p120RasGAPS Trouliaris
, , Germany
J Virol 69:6010-20. 1995..with and phosphorylate p120RasGAP; (ii) tight complexes between p120RasGAP and p190RhoGAP as well as detectable RhoGAP activity were present exclusively in wt-v-Fms cells; and (iii) p190RhoGAP was dispersed throughout the cytoplasm ..
- Functional analysis of ARHGAP6, a novel GTPase-activating protein for RhoAS K Prakash
Departments of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Hum Mol Genet 9:477-88. 2000..3. Our laboratory isolated a novel rho GTPase-activating protein (rhoGAP) gene named ARHGAP6 from the MLS region...
- Protein tyrosine phosphatase PTP20 induces actin cytoskeleton reorganization by dephosphorylating p190 RhoGAP in rat ovarian granulosa cells stimulated with follicle-stimulating hormoneMasayuki Shiota
Gene Research Center, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8572, Japan
Mol Endocrinol 17:534-49. 2003..The FSH-enhanced phosphotyrosine (p-Tyr) level of p190 RhoGAP was selectively reduced by the overexpressed wild type, but not by mutated PTP20...
- Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1 interacts with and phosphorylates CdGAP at an important regulatory siteJoseph Tcherkezian
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 25:6314-29. 2005..CdGAP consists of an N-terminal RhoGAP domain and a C-terminal proline-rich region...
- p200 RhoGAP promotes cell proliferation by mediating cross-talk between Ras and Rho signaling pathwaysXun Shang
Division of Experimental Hematology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Biol Chem 282:8801-11. 2007p200 RhoGAP, a member of the Rho GTPase-activating protein (RhoGAP) family, was previously implicated in the regulation of neurite outgrowth through its RhoGAP activity...
- p190RhoGAP and Rap-dependent RhoGAP (ARAP3) inactivate RhoA in response to nerve growth factor leading to neurite outgrowth from PC12 cellsChan Young Jeon
Department of Biochemistry, Hallym University College of Medicine, Chuncheon 200 702, Korea
Exp Mol Med 42:335-44. 2010..Furthermore, a DN-Rap-dependent RhoGAP (ARAP3) prevented RhoA inactivation, abolishing neurite formation from PC12 cells in response to NGF...
- The BNIP-2 and Cdc42GAP homology (BCH) domain of p50RhoGAP/Cdc42GAP sequesters RhoA from inactivation by the adjacent GTPase-activating protein domainYi Ting Zhou
Cell Signaling and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543, Republic of Singapore
Mol Biol Cell 21:3232-46. 2010..homology (BCH) domain is a novel regulator for Rho GTPases, but its impact on p50-Rho GTPase-activating protein (p50RhoGAP or Cdc42GAP) in cells remains elusive...
- cDNA cloning and genomic structure of three genes localized to human chromosome band 5q31 encoding potential nuclear proteinsF Lai
Section of Hematology Oncology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Genomics 70:123-30. 2000..In addition, C5ORF5 contains a putative rhoGAP domain at the N-terminus, C5ORF6 has a proline-rich sequence near the N-terminus, and C5ORF7 has a zinc-finger ..
- Tat1, a novel sulfate transporter specifically expressed in human male germ cells and potentially linked to rhogtpase signalingA Toure
Institut Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, Département de génétique, Developpement et Pathologie Moleculaire, INSERM Unité 257, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 276:20309-15. 2001..We have recently described a new RhoGAP (GTPase activating protein for RhoGTPases) gene, MgcRacGAP, primarily expressed in male germ cells, at the ..
- p190 RhoGAP is the principal Src substrate in brain and regulates axon outgrowth, guidance and fasciculationM R Brouns
MGH Cancer Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Nat Cell Biol 3:361-7. 2001..Here we identify the potent Rho regulatory protein, p190 RhoGAP (GTPase-activating protein), as the principal Src substrate detected in the developing and mature nervous system...
- Gene targeting of Cdc42 and Cdc42GAP affirms the critical involvement of Cdc42 in filopodia induction, directed migration, and proliferation in primary mouse embryonic fibroblastsLinda Yang
Division of Experimental Hematology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Molecular Developmental Biology Graduate Program, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:4675-85. 2006..To resolve the physiological function of mammalian Cdc42, we have characterized the Cdc42(-/-) and Cdc42GAP(-/-) primary mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEFs) produced by gene targeting as the Cdc42 loss- or gain-of-activity ..
- Functions of the novel RhoGAP proteins RGA-3 and RGA-4 in the germ line and in the early embryo of C. elegansCornelia Schmutz
Biozentrum, University of Basel, Klingelbergstrasse 70, CH 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Development 134:3495-505. 2007..Most importantly, upon simultaneous knockdown of RGA-3, RGA-4 and the third RhoGAP present in the early embryo, CYK-4, NMY-2 spread over the entire cortex and GFP::PAR-2 localization at the ..
- Morphological changes and nuclear translocation of DLC1 tumor suppressor protein precede apoptosis in human non-small cell lung carcinoma cellsBao Zhu Yuan
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Toxicology and Molecular Biology Branch, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, CDC, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
Exp Cell Res 313:3868-80. 2007We have previously shown that reactivation of DLC1, a RhoGAP containing tumor suppressor gene, inhibits tumorigenicity of human non-small cell lung carcinoma cells (NSCLC)...
- StARD13(Dlc-2) RhoGap mediates ceramide activation of phosphatidylglycerolphosphate synthase and drug response in Chinese hamster ovary cellsGrant M Hatch
Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology, CancerCare Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3E 0V9
Mol Biol Cell 19:1083-92. 2008..The promoter trap retrovirus was found integrated into intron 1-2 of the Dlc-2 (Stard13) RhoGap gene...
- Effects of structure of Rho GTPase-activating protein DLC-1 on cell morphology and migrationTai Young Kim
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 283:32762-70. 2008DLC-1 encodes a Rho GTPase-activating protein (RhoGAP) and negative regulator of specific Rho family proteins (RhoA-C and Cdc42)...
- p190RhoGAP negatively regulates Rho activity at the cleavage furrow of mitotic cellsLing Su
Department of Microbiology and Cancer Center, University of Virginia Health System, P O Box 800734, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Exp Cell Res 315:1347-59. 2009Previous studies demonstrated that p190RhoGAP (p190) negatively affects cytokinesis in a RhoGAP-dependent manner, suggesting that regulation of Rho may be a critical mechanism of p190 action during cytokinesis...
- Cytotoxic necrotizing factor 1 from Escherichia coli: a toxin with a new intracellular activity for eukaryotic cellsP Boquet
INSERM U452 Faculté de Médecine, Nice, France
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 43:285-9. 1998..CNF1 modification of Rho leads to permanent activation of the GTP-binding protein by blocking intrinsic and RhoGAP GTPase activities...
- Biochemical comparisons of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Bem2 and Bem3 proteins. Delineation of a limit Cdc42 GTPase-activating protein domainY Zheng
Department of Pharmacology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853
J Biol Chem 268:24629-34. 1993..The first two appear to be important for binding to Cdc42Hs and for partial GAP activity...
- Residues in Cdc42 that specify binding to individual CRIB effector proteinsD Owen
Cambridge Centre for Molecular Recognition, Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, UK
Biochemistry 39:1243-50. 2000..Those mutations in Cdc42 that inhibit certain interactions, while retaining others, should aid investigations of the role of specific effectors in Cdc42 signaling in vivo...
- Phosphorylation of p190 on Tyr1105 by c-Src is necessary but not sufficient for EGF-induced actin disassembly in C3H10T1/2 fibroblastsM D Haskell
Department of Microbiology and Cancer Center, Box 800734, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Cell Sci 114:1699-708. 2001p190 RhoGAP is a tyrosine phosphorylated protein that contains an N-terminal GTP binding domain, a middle domain (MD) that mediates interaction with p120 RasGAP and a C-terminal GTPase-activating protein (GAP) domain that is specific for ..
- The activity of the GTPase-activating protein CdGAP is regulated by the endocytic protein intersectinSarah Jenna
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3A 2B2, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:6366-73. 2002..These observations provide the first demonstration of a direct regulation of RhoGAP activity through a protein-protein interaction and suggest a function for intersectin in Rac1 regulation and actin ..
- Phosphorylation by aurora B converts MgcRacGAP to a RhoGAP during cytokinesisYukinori Minoshima
Division of Hematopoietic Factors, The Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Dev Cell 4:549-60. 2003..Together, these findings indicate that during cytokinesis, MgcRacGAP, previously known as a GAP for Rac/Cdc42, is functionally converted to a RhoGAP through phosphorylation by Aurora B.
- A novel strategy for specifically down-regulating individual Rho GTPase activity in tumor cellsLei Wang
Division of Experimental Hematology and Molecular Developmental Biology Program, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Biol Chem 278:44617-25. 2003..To specifically target RhoA, RhoB, or RhoC function, we have generated a set of chimeric molecules by fusing the RhoGAP domain of p190, a GTPase-activating protein that accelerates the intrinsic GTPase activity of all three Rho ..
- A PLCdelta1-binding protein, p122/RhoGAP, is localized in caveolin-enriched membrane domains and regulates caveolin internalizationMasaki Yamaga
Department of Life Science, Graduate School of Science, Himeji Institute of Technology, Harima Science Garden City, Hyogo 678 1297, Japan
Genes Cells 9:25-37. 2004..In this study, we examined the localization and functions of p122/RhoGAP, using enhanced green fluorescent protein (EGFP)-tagged proteins...
- Identification and characterization of ARHGAP24 and ARHGAP25 genes in silicoMasuko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Narashino 275 0022, Japan
Int J Mol Med 14:333-8. 2004b>RhoGAP family proteins, encoded by ARHGAP family genes, are negative regulators of Rho family GTPases, which are implicated in actin remodeling, cell polarity control, and cell migration...
- cDNA expression array analysis of gene expression in human hepatocarcinoma Hep3B cells induced by BNIPL-1Li Xie
Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 37:618-24. 2005..2 like-1 (BNIPL-1) is a novel human protein identified in our laboratory, which can interact with Bcl-2 and Cdc42GAP and induce apoptosis via the BNIP-2 and Cdc42GAP homology (BCH) domain...
- Induction of RhoGAP and pathological changes characteristic of Alzheimer's disease by UAHFEMF discharge in rat brainIng Feng Chang
Department of Biochemistry, University of Nevada, Reno, 89557, USA
Curr Alzheimer Res 2:559-69. 2005..We hypothesized that one of the causes of AD can be the UAHFEMF discharges in human brain...
- Tobacco RhoGTPase ACTIVATING PROTEIN1 spatially restricts signaling of RAC/Rop to the apex of pollen tubesUlrich Klahre
Heidelberg Institute of Plant Sciences, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Plant Cell 18:3033-46. 2006..Here, we describe the GTPase activating protein RhoGAP1 that controls the area of RAC5 activity...
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 phosphorylates CdGAP at a consensus ERK 1 regulatory siteEric Ian Danek
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B2, Canada
J Biol Chem 282:3624-31. 2007..We conclude that GSK-3 is an important regulator of CdGAP and that regulation of CdGAP protein levels by serum presents a novel mechanism for cells to control Cdc42/Rac1 GTPase signaling pathways...
- BNIP2 extra long inhibits RhoA and cellular transformation by Lbc RhoGEF via its BCH domainUnice J K Soh
Cell Signaling and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, 14 Science Drive 4, Singapore 117543, Republic of Singapore
J Cell Sci 121:1739-49. 2008..Here, we show that in addition to homophilic interactions, the BNIP2 and Cdc42GAP homology (BCH) domain of BNIPXL interacts with specific conformers of RhoA and also mediates association with the ..
- Synergistic effects of methylnaltrexone with 5-fluorouracil and bevacizumab on inhibition of vascular endothelial growth factor-induced angiogenesisPatrick A Singleton
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:1669-79. 2008..synergy between MNTX and bevacizumab or 5-FU and increased VEGF-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of Src and p190 RhoGAP with enhanced activation of Akt and the actin cytoskeletal regulatory protein, RhoA, whereas silencing Src, Akt, ..
- [Anassociation study between OPHN1 gene rs492933 polymorphism and mental retardation in children of the Qinba Mountain region.]Lai Jun Zhang
1 College of Biological Sciences, Northwest University, Xi an 710069, China 2 Department of Life Sciences, Longdong College, Qingyang, Gansu Province 745000, China E mail
Yi Chuan 30:1307-11. 2008The OPHN1 gene encodes a Rho-GTPase activating protein (RhoGAP), and mutations in OPHN1 are responsible for non-specific X-linked mental retardation (NSMR)...
- Role of DLC-1, a tumor suppressor protein with RhoGAP activity, in regulation of the cytoskeleton and cell motilityT Y Kim
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Cancer Metastasis Rev 28:77-83. 2009..We then delineate the characteristics of DLC-1 and other members of its family, and describe how they may have multiple effects on the regulation of cell polarity, actin organization, and cell migration...
- Genetic control of morphogenesis - Hox induced organogenesis of the posterior spiraclesJames Castelli Gair Hombría
CABD, CSIC Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Sevilla, Spain
Int J Dev Biol 53:1349-58. 2009..different apico-basal locations in the cell (RhoGEF apical, Crumbs subapical, E-cadherin in the adherens junction, RhoGAP basolateral)...
- Deleted in liver cancer 1 (DLC1) utilizes a novel binding site for Tensin2 PTB domain interaction and is required for tumor-suppressive functionLo Kong Chan
Department of Pathology, Liver Cancer and Hepatitis Research Laboratory and SH Ho Foundation Research Laboratories, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
PLoS ONE 4:e5572. 2009Deleted in liver cancer 1 (DLC1) is a Rho GTPase-activating protein (RhoGAP) frequently deleted and underexpressed in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) as well as in other cancers...
- The RhoGAP crossveinless-c interacts with Dystrophin and is required for synaptic homeostasis at the Drosophila neuromuscular junctionGonneke S K Pilgram
Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Neurosci 31:492-500. 2011..Here, we show that RhoGAP crossveinless-c (cv-c), a negative regulator of Rho GTPase signaling pathways, genetically interacts with ..
- The unique plant RhoGAPs are dimeric and contain a CRIB motif required for affinity and specificity towards cognate small G proteinsAntje Schaefer
Department of Structural Biology, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology, Otto Hahn Str 11, 44227 Dortmund, Germany
Biopolymers 95:420-33. 2011..Many of these comprise the exclusive combination of a classic, catalytic Arg-containing RhoGAP domain, and a Cdc42/ Rac interactive binding (CRIB) motif which in animal and fungi has been identified in ..
- Dimeric plant RhoGAPs are regulated by its CRIB effector motif to stimulate a sequential GTP hydrolysisAntje Schaefer
Department of Structural Biology, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology, Otto Hahn Str 11, 44227 Dortmund, Germany
J Mol Biol 411:808-22. 2011..The largest RopGAP family is characterized by the plant-specific combination of a classical RhoGAP domain and a Cdc42/Rac interactive binding (CRIB) motif, which, in animal and fungi, has never been found in GAPs ..
- Nuclear-targeted deleted in liver cancer 1 (DLC1) is less efficient in exerting its tumor suppressive activity both in vitro and in vivoLo Kong Chan
Department of Pathology, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
PLoS ONE 6:e25547. 2011Deleted in liver cancer 1 (DLC1) serves as an important RhoGTPase activating protein (RhoGAP) protein that terminates active RhoA signaling in human cancers...
- Collective migration: spatial tension reliefJenifer M Wood
Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
Curr Biol 22:R125-7. 2012..By screening Rho GTPase regulators, myosin-IXA RhoGAP was identified as a key requirement for cell-cell adhesions that permit collective migration.
- Pbp1 is involved in Ccr4- and Khd1-mediated regulation of cell growth through association with ribosomal proteins Rpl12a and Rpl12bYuichi Kimura
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences and Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
Eukaryot Cell 12:864-74. 2013..and Khd1 modulate a signal from Rho1 in the cell wall integrity pathway by regulating the expression of RhoGEF and RhoGAP, and the double deletion of CCR4 and KHD1 confers a severe growth defect displaying cell lysis...
- The structure of the RLIP76 RhoGAP-Ral binding domain dyad: fixed position of the domains leads to dual engagement of small G proteins at the membraneKarthik V Rajasekar
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK
Structure 21:2131-42. 2013..RLIP76 contains both a RhoGAP domain and a Ral binding domain (GBD) and is, therefore, a node between Ras and Rho family signaling...
- GAP-independent functions of DLC1 in metastasisDavid Barras
Department of Physiology, University of Lausanne, Bugnon 7, 1005, Lausanne, Switzerland
Cancer Metastasis Rev 33:87-100. 2014..Deleted in liver cancer-1 (DLC1) is a tumor suppressor that bears a RhoGAP activity...
- The RhoGAP activity of myosin IXB is critical for osteoclast podosome patterning, motility, and resorptive capacityBrooke K McMichael
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e87402. 2014..Myosin IXB (Myo9b) is a unique actin-based motor protein that contains a RhoGAP domain, which, like other RhoGAPs, is inhibitory to Rho signaling...
- A role for F-BAR protein Rga7p during cytokinesis in S. pombeRajesh Arasada
Department of Molecular Cellular and Developmental Biology, Yale University, PO Box 208103, New Haven, CT 06520 8103, USA
J Cell Sci 128:2259-68. 2015..Here we investigated Rga7p, an Schizosaccharomyces pombe F-BAR protein with a RhoGAP domain...
- Inactivation of Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase Receptor Type Z by Pleiotrophin Promotes Remyelination through Activation of Differentiation of Oligodendrocyte Precursor CellsKazuya Kuboyama
Division of Molecular Neurobiology, National Institute for Basic Biology, and
J Neurosci 35:12162-71. 2015..We further demonstrated that PTN treatment increased the tyrosine phosphorylation of p190 RhoGAP, a PTPRZ substrate, using an established line of OPCs...
- The Deleted in Liver Cancer 1 (Dlc1) tumor suppressor is haploinsufficient for mammary gland development and epithelial cell polarityPratima Basak
Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology, CancerCare Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, R3E 0V9, Canada
BMC Cancer 15:630. 2015..The promoter of the remaining allele is often found methylated. The Dlc1 gene encodes a RhoGAP protein that regulates cell proliferation, migration and inhibits cell growth and invasion when restored in Dlc1 ..
- Flavone inhibits migration through DLC1/RhoA pathway by decreasing ROS generation in breast cancer cellsWenzhen Zhu
Shandong Provincial Key Laboratory of Animal Resistant Biology, School of Life Sciences, Shandong Normal University, Jinan, 250014, China
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 52:589-97. 2016Tumor suppressor protein deleted in liver cancer 1 (DLC1) is a RhoGTPase-activating protein (RhoGAP) and inhibits cancer cell migration by inactivating downstream target protein RhoA...
- Thiopurine Prodrugs Mediate Immunosuppressive Effects by Interfering with Rac1 Protein FunctionJin Young Shin
From the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas 76019
J Biol Chem 291:13699-714. 2016..This study also showed that, despite the conservation of the catalytic activity of RhoGAP (Rho-specific GAP) on the 6-TGTP-Rac1 adduct to produce the biologically inactive 6-thioguanosine diphosphate (6-..
- A single splice site mutation in human-specific ARHGAP11B causes basal progenitor amplificationMarta Florio
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Pfotenhauerstraße 108, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
Sci Adv 2:e1601941. 2016..by partial duplication of ARHGAP11A, which encodes a Rho guanosine triphosphatase-activating protein (RhoGAP)...
- ExoS Rho GTPase-activating protein activity stimulates reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton through Rho GTPase guanine nucleotide disassociation inhibitorJianjun Sun
Medical College of Wisconsin, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
J Biol Chem 279:42936-44. 2004..A eukaryotic GTPase-activating protein, p50RhoGAP, showed a similar cooperativity with RhoGDI on actin reorganization, suggesting that ExoS RhoGAP functions as a ..
- Plasma membrane localization affects the RhoGAP specificity of Pseudomonas ExoSYue Zhang
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Cell Microbiol 9:2192-201. 2007..ExoS (453 amino acids) is a bifunctional type III cytotoxin, comprising a Rho GTPase-activating protein domain (RhoGAP), and a 14-3-3 dependent ADP-ribosyltransferase domain...
- Negative regulation of Rho family GTPases Cdc42 and Rac2 by homodimer formationB Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Biol Chem 273:25728-33. 1998..Moreover, similar to the case of Cdc42 and Cdc42GAP interaction, Cdc42-GDP interacted with tetrafluoroaluminate and Cdc42-GTPgammaS (guanosine 5'-3-O-(thio)..
- Distinct cellular effects and interactions of the Rho-family GTPase TC10C L Neudauer
Center for Cell Signaling University of Virginia Charlottesville, Virginia, 22908, USA
Curr Biol 8:1151-60. 1998..The Rho-family member TC10 has remained almost completely uncharacterized, so it was of interest to determine whether TC10 has unique cellular effects and interacts with the same targets as Cdc42 and Rac...
- PKNbeta interacts with the SH3 domains of Graf and a novel Graf related protein, Graf2, which are GTPase activating proteins for Rho familyH Shibata
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, Kobe 657 8501, Japan
J Biochem 130:23-31. 2001..The full length of Graf2 contains a putative PH domain, a RhoGAP domain, and an SH3 domain as well as Graf...
- Cloning and characterization of ARHGAP12, a novel human rhoGAP geneZhen Zhang
School of Life Science, State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 34:325-31. 2002..Profilescan search result showed that its putative protein contains five domains: rhoGAP, SH3, PH and two WW domains...
- Rho family GTPase Rnd2 interacts and co-localizes with MgcRacGAP in male germ cellsNathalie Naud
Institut Cochin, Département de génétique, Developpement et Pathologie Moleculaire, INSERM U567 CNRS UMR8104, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Biochem J 372:105-12. 2003The male-germ-cell Rac GTPase-activating protein gene (MgcRacGAP) was initially described as a human RhoGAP gene highly expressed in male germ cells at spermatocyte stage, but exhibits significant levels of expression in most cell types...
- Thy-1 regulates fibroblast focal adhesions, cytoskeletal organization and migration through modulation of p190 RhoGAP and Rho GTPase activityThomas H Barker
Department of Medicine, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Exp Cell Res 295:488-96. 2004..We therefore conclude that Thy-1 surface expression regulates fibroblast focal adhesions, cytoskeletal organization and migration by modulating the activity of p190 RhoGAP and Rho GTPase.
- Cloning and characterization of FAM13A1--a gene near a milk protein QTL on BTA6: evidence for population-wide linkage disequilibrium in Israeli HolsteinsMiri Cohen
Institute of Animal Sciences, Agricultural Research Organization, The Volcani Center, Bet Dagan 50250, Israel
Genomics 84:374-83. 2004..The structure of a longer 5.9-kb variant, FAM13A1_v2, that has an extra 7-exon putative RhoGAP domain at the N-terminus provides further clues to FAM13 function...
- RASA1: variable phenotype with capillary and arteriovenous malformationsLaurence M Boon
Laboratory of Human Molecular Genetics, Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology and University of Louvain Medical School, Brussels, Belgium
Curr Opin Genet Dev 15:265-9. 2005..Lack of RASA1 activity caused inhibition of cell motility, possibly through p190-RhoGAP. Thus, RASA1 defects probably cause abnormal angiogenic remodeling of the primary capillary plexus that cannot be ..
- Cdc42GAP regulates c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK)-mediated apoptosis and cell number during mammalian perinatal growthLei Wang
Division of Experimental Hematology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Molecular Developmental Biology Graduate Program, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:13484-9. 2005..Here we have disrupted cdc42gap, a ubiquitously expressed negative regulator of Cdc42, in mice...
- Increased expression of proapoptotic BMCC1, a novel gene with the BNIP2 and Cdc42GAP homology (BCH) domain, is associated with favorable prognosis in human neuroblastomasT Machida
Division of Biochemistry, Chiba Cancer Center Research Institute, Chiba, Japan
Oncogene 25:1931-42. 2006..Its 350 kDa protein product possessed a Bcl2-/adenovirus E1B nineteen kDa-interacting protein 2 (BNIP2) and Cdc42GAP homology domain in the COOH-terminus in addition to P-loop and a coiled-coil region near the NH2-terminus...
- Molecular characterization of a novel RhoGAP, RRC-1 of the nematode Caenorhabditis elegansMina Delawary
Division of Oncology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 357:377-82. 2007The GTPase-activating proteins for Rho family GTPases (RhoGAP) transduce diverse intracellular signals by negatively regulating Rho family GTPase-mediated pathways...
- Sequence analysis of a human RhoGAP domain-containing gene and characterization of its expression in human multiple tissuesLei Lv
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, People s Republic of China
DNA Seq 18:184-9. 2007..Here we isolated a rhoGAP domain-containing protein gene with the same reading frame with ARHGAP19 gene, which has an ORF of 1485 bp ..
- Angiopoietin-1 requires p190 RhoGAP to protect against vascular leakage in vivoTadanori Mammoto
Department of Medicine, Division of Interdisciplinary Medicine and Biotechnology and Center for Vascular Biology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 282:23910-8. 2007..p190 RhoGAP, a GTPase regulatory protein, provides this coordinating function as it is phosphorylated by Ang-1 treatment, ..
- All known patient mutations in the ASH-RhoGAP domains of OCRL affect targeting and APPL1 bindingHeather J McCrea
Department of Cell Biology, Boyer Center for Molecular Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 369:493-9. 2008..pathway, binding to APPL1 is the only one abolished by all known disease-causing missense mutations in the ASH-RhoGAP domains of the protein...
- A Cdo-Bnip-2-Cdc42 signaling pathway regulates p38alpha/beta MAPK activity and myogenic differentiationJong Sun Kang
Department of Developmental and Regenerative Biology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Cell Biol 182:497-507. 2008..Furthermore, interaction with multiple scaffold-type proteins is a distinctive mode of cell surface receptor signaling and provides one mechanism for specificity of p38alpha/beta activation during cell differentiation...
- START-GAP2/DLC2 is localized in focal adhesions via its N-terminal regionKatsuhisa Kawai
Graduate School of Life Science, University of Hyogo, Harima Science Garden City, Hyogo ken 978 1297, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 380:736-41. 2009START-GAP2, also termed as DLC2, is a START domain-containing RhoGAP and a negative regulator of RhoA and Cdc42...
- Mechanism and role of DLC-1 tumor suppressor loss in lung cancerChanning J Der; Fiscal Year: 2012..However, in addition to a RhoGAP catalytic domain, DLC-1 also contains START lipid-binding and SAM protein-protein interaction domains...
- Avril V Somlyo; Fiscal Year: 2016..acting via the Rap1 GEF, Epac and Rap1 (another GTPase) to activate RhoA specific GAPs including ARAP3 and RA-RhoGAP. We will use a synergistic, multidisciplinary approach that bridges molecular physiology with structural biology...
- Genetic Analysis of FAK ActivityDavid D Schlaepfer; Fiscal Year: 2012..Third, we will test the hypothesis that FAK activity promotes directionality motility-polarity via p190A RhoGAP complex formation, tyrosine phosphorylation, and selective leading-edge inhibition of RhoGTPase activity through a ..
- Yi Ping Shih; Fiscal Year: 2016..proposal focuses on the regulation of angiogenesis and cell migration by deleted in liver cancer 1 (DLC1), a RhoGAP containing tumor suppressor gene that interacts with members of the tensin family...
- CDC42GAP in Insulin Signaling in HepatocytesMATTHEW WILLIAM GROGG; Fiscal Year: 2010..of this research is to examine the insulin signaling pathway by studying the consequences of deletion of the Cdc42GAP gene in vivo and in vitro in hepatocytes using a mouse model...
- Discovery of small molecule inhibitors of the oncogenic and cytokinetic protein MKrister Wennerberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..molecular motor (kinesin), MgcRacGAP is a GTPase-activating protein for Rho family small G-proteins (RhoGAP), and Ect2 is a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Rho proteins (RhoGEF)...
- Su Hao Lo; Fiscal Year: 2014..cancer 1 (DLC1) is a focal adhesion protein that contains multiple domains including SAM (sterile alpha motif), RhoGAP (RhoGTPase activation protein), and START (steroidogenic acute regulatory (StAR)-related lipid transfer)...
- Signal integration via phospho-regulation of RhoGAPsAndre Bernards; Fiscal Year: 2013..cellular processes by the RhoGAPs, and the focus of the studies proposed here is to address the role of p190 RhoGAP phosphorylation in the integration of upstream regulatory signals...
- Zhenbiao Yang; Fiscal Year: 2015..mechanism for restricting ROP1 signaling to the tip, which involves exocytosis-based tip targeting of the REN1 RhoGAP that inactivates ROP1...
- ONCOGENESIS/CONTROL--PHOSPHOINOSITIDE CYCLE/KINASE CIan Macara; Fiscal Year: 2001..the Ras exchange factor, p140 Ras-GRF; and (2) to determine the function of the GTP-binding domain in the p190 RhoGAP. GRF is expressed predominantly in neurons, and may be the key regulator of Ras activity in the brain...
- Cell Type and Stimulus-Specific Signaling Role of CDC42 in BloodYi Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2010..organs, and have produced a Cdc42 gain of activity mouse model by gene targeting of a Cdc42 negative regulator, Cdc42GAP, that causes a global upregulation of Cdc42 activity in most cell types...
- Jeremy Nance; Fiscal Year: 2015..We showed that cell contacts recruit the conserved RhoGAP protein PAC-1/ARHGAP10, which inactivates CDC-42 at contact sites...
- p68RacGAP signaling in endothelial cell differentiation and angiogenesisJULIUS EGEDE AITSEBAOMO; Fiscal Year: 2010..cardiology as it pertains to regulation of endothelial cell differentiation, angiogenesis and embryogenesis by RhoGAP proteins...
- Novel Gene Networks in Breast Development and CancerSteffi Oesterreich; Fiscal Year: 2009..network regulates functions likely to be critical for metastatic behavior; 5) investigate the role of p190-B RhoGAP interactions in mammary development, particularly the invasive growth of the terminal end bud into the mammary fat ..
- The PAR-6/aPKC Polarity Complex in Synaptic Assembly and FunctionHuaye Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..complex regulates dendritic spine morphogenesis, and that it does so through a novel pathway involving p190 RhoGAP and the RhoA GTPase...
- LESILEE ROSE; Fiscal Year: 2015..The hypothesis that LET-99 directly binds Rho GTPases via its partial RhoGAP domain will also be tested...
- The PAR-6/aPKC Polarity Complex in Synaptic Assembly and FunctionHuaye Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..complex regulates dendritic spine morphogenesis, and it does so through a novel signaling pathway involving pi90 RhoGAP and the RhoA GTPase...
- Airway muscle tone, RhoA & Cytoskeletal remodelingCAROL HIRSHMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..PKA-independent pathway that involves Gs activation of Lck tyrosine kinase with subsequent activation of P190 RhoGAP leading to RhoA inhibition as well as by PKA-dependent inhibition of RhoA and dephosphorylation of cofilin...
- Signaling Mechanisms of G Protein-coupled ReceptorsXin Yun Huang; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will test a specific hypothesis that, downstream of Csk, Src and p190 RhoGAP are signal transducers leading to Rho in this G protein pathway...
- Molecular Characterization of Cayman Ataxia, ATCAYMargit Burmeister; Fiscal Year: 2007..The C-terminus is also homologous to a BCH (BNIP2-CDC42GAP homology) domain present in CDC42GAP-like proteins...
- Regulation of p190 RhoGAP activity by phospholipidsJeffrey Settleman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Dr. Settleman has been investigating the biological function of one of the major RhoGAPs, known as p190 RhoGAP, for more than 10 years. Recently, collaborative efforts between Drs...
- p190 RhoGAP Regulation and FunctionJennifer Lamb; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- FAK family tyrosine kinases and Rho family GTPasesWen Cheng Xiong; Fiscal Year: 2006..system, we identified a novel PYK2 and FAK interacting protein, PSGAP (for PH domain and SH3 domain containing RhoGAP protein), which may be a crucial signaling protein for PYK2 and FAK to cross talk with Rho family proteins...
- THE REGULATION OF GLUCOSE TRANSPORT BY INSULINJoseph Hwang; Fiscal Year: 2004..Interestingly, this novel protein posses a RhoGAP domain that interacts with TC10...
- P190-B RhoGAP regulates the microenvironment in the developing mammary glandTracy Vargo Gogola; Fiscal Year: 2008..I generated inducible p190-B RhoGAP overexpressing mice to study the role of an essential signaling pathway in distinct stages of MG development and ..
- Gefitinib-sensitive EGF receptor mutants in lung cancerJeffrey Settleman; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- delta-Catenin and Cell-Cell Adhesion in Prostate CancerQun Lu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding the posttranslational modifications that control 8-catenin functions will unravel mechanisms by which S-catenin modulates gene expression and promotes CaP in vivo. ..
- Specific Biochemical Inactivation of Oncogenic RasJeffrey Settleman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Together, the proposed studies are expected to lead to the eventual development of a novel therapeutic approach for achieving specific targeting of human tumors that harbor oncogenic mutant forms of Ras. ..
- Delta-Catenin Cleavage by Presenilin and Synaptic RemodelingQun Lu; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will also lay the foundation for future R01 investigation of the roles of delta-catenin proteolytic fragments in AD pathogenesis. ..
- Regulation and Functin of the p190 RhoGAPsJeffrey Settleman; Fiscal Year: 2006..The function of the p190 RhoGAPs will be examined at the molecular, cellular, and organismal levels. For p190 RhoGAP, the hypothesis will be tested that this protein mediates an adhesion signaling pathway via the Src and PKC ..
- Molecular pathogenesis of P. aeruginosa in CFJoseph Barbieri; Fiscal Year: 2005..aeruginosa infections, as well as, provide insight towards the identification of vaccine candidates to delay or prevent infection. ..
- FASEB Summer Research Conference on Small G-ProteinsJeffrey Settleman; Fiscal Year: 2004..The conference will cover the biochemical, structural, and functional aspects of the various small GTPases and their regulators and targets. ..
- Fluorescent Activated Cell Sorter for C. elegans (worms)Susan Mango; Fiscal Year: 2004..elegans researchers at the University of Utah. It would both facilitate existing research projects and permit the development of new projects that could not function without this novel instrument. ..
- Molecular properties of Yersinia YopTJoseph Barbieri; Fiscal Year: 2004..pestis. Elucidation of the molecular and cellular action of YopT will provide insight to prevent early colonization of humans by this pathogen. ..
- RHO GTPASE SIGNALING IN EMBRYO MORPHOGENESISJeffrey Settleman; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..