Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ARF6
Description: ADP ribosylation factor 6
Alias: ADP-ribosylation factor 6
Publications192 found, 100 shown here
- A phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase-dependent signal transition regulates ARF1 and ARF6 during Fcgamma receptor-mediated phagocytosisPeter Beemiller
Cellular and Molecular Biology Graduate Program, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
PLoS Biol 4:e162. 2006..IgG-coated particles is regulated by 3'-phosphoinositides (3'PIs) and several classes of small GTPases, including ARF6 from the ADP Ribosylation Factor subfamily...
- Structural basis for Rab11-dependent membrane recruitment of a family of Rab11-interacting protein 3 (FIP3)/Arfophilin-1Tomoo Shiba
Structural Biology Research Center, Photon Factory, Institute of Materials Structure Science, High Energy Accelerator Research Organization, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0801, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:15416-21. 2006..protein (FIP)3/Arfophlin-1 and FIP4/Arfophilin-2 are dual effectors for Rab11 and ADP ribosylation factor (ARF)5/ARF6, which are involved in membrane delivery from recycling endosomes to the plasma membrane during cytokinesis...
- Localization and activation of the ARF6 GTPase during cleavage furrow ingression and cytokinesisJill Kuglin Schweitzer
Department of Biological Sciences, Walther Cancer Institute, Galvin Life Sciences Building, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
J Biol Chem 277:27210-6. 2002The ARF6 GTPase mediates cell shape changes in interphase cells through its effects on membrane cycling and actin remodeling...
- Myristoylation is required for the intracellular localization and endocytic function of ARF6C D'SOUZA-SCHOREY
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Exp Cell Res 221:153-9. 1995..With the recent evidence that ARF6 localizes to the cell periphery and plays a regulatory role in endocytic traffic, we have investigated the role of ..
- Coated vesicle assembly in the Golgi requires only coatomer and ARF proteins from the cytosolL Orcl
Department of Morphology, University of Geneva Medical Center, Switzerland
Nature 364:732-4. 1993..COP-coated buds may therefore form essentially by self-assembly from Golgi cisternae after an initial step in which GTP is used to allow ARF binding...
- A role for POR1, a Rac1-interacting protein, in ARF6-mediated cytoskeletal rearrangementsC D'SOUZA-SCHOREY
Department of Cell Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, Box 8228, 660 South Euclid Ave, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
EMBO J 16:5445-54. 1997The ARF6 GTPase, the least conserved member of the ADP ribosylation factor (ARF) family, associates with the plasma membrane and intracellular endosome vesicles...
- ARF6 requirement for Rac ruffling suggests a role for membrane trafficking in cortical actin rearrangementsH Radhakrishna
Laboratory of Cell Biology, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cell Sci 112:855-66. 1999The ARF6 GTPase regulates a novel endosomal-plasma membrane recycling pathway and influences cortical actin remodeling...
- ADP-ribosylation factor 6 as a target of guanine nucleotide exchange factor GRP1S E Langille
Program in Molecular Medicine, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
J Biol Chem 274:27099-104. 1999..V., Chawla, A., and Czech, M. P. (1997) Science 275, 1927-1930). Here we show that both endogenous GRP1 and ARF6 rapidly co-localize in plasma membrane ruffles in Chinese hamster ovary (CHO-T) cells expressing human insulin ..
- Phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate 5-kinase alpha is a downstream effector of the small G protein ARF6 in membrane ruffle formationA Honda
Department of Biological Information, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Yokohama, Japan
Cell 99:521-32. 1999..In vivo, ARF6, but not ARF1 or ARF5, spatially coincides with PI(4)P5Kalpha...
- The structural GDP/GTP cycle of human Arf6S Pasqualato
Laboratoire d Enzymologie et Biochimie Structurales, CNRS, 1, Avenue de la Terrasse, 91198 Gif sur Yvette cedex and Institut de Pharmacologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS, 660 route des Lucioles, 06560 Valbonne, France
EMBO Rep 2:234-8. 2001The small GTP-binding protein Arf6 coordinates membrane traffic at the plasma membrane with aspects of cytoskeleton organization...
- Differential binding of arfaptin 2/POR1 to ADP-ribosylation factors and Rac1O H Shin
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0295, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 285:1267-73. 2001..Based on these observations, we suggest that arfaptin 2/POR1 is a target protein for GTP-ARFs and for GDP-Rac1, and that it may be involved in interactions between the Rac and ARF signaling pathways...
- Site-specific cross-linking reveals a differential direct interaction of class 1, 2, and 3 ADP-ribosylation factors with adaptor protein complexes 1 and 3Carol Austin
Secretory Pathways Laboratory, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, England
Biochemistry 41:4669-77. 2002..We found that ARF1, ARF5, and ARF6 interacted directly with the beta1-adaptin subunit of AP-1 in the presence of GTPgammaS...
- HIV-1 Nef downregulates MHC-I by a PACS-1- and PI3K-regulated ARF6 endocytic pathwayAnastassia D Blagoveshchenskaya
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Cell 111:853-66. 2002..Here, we show that Nef and PACS-1 combine to usurp the ARF6 endocytic pathway by a PI3K-dependent process and downregulate cell surface MHC-I to the TGN...
- ARF6 stimulates clathrin/AP-2 recruitment to synaptic membranes by activating phosphatidylinositol phosphate kinase type IgammaMichael Krauss
Zentrum für Biochemie und Molekulare Zellbiologie, Dept of Biochemistry II, University of Gottingen, Humboldtallee 23, Göttingen D 37073, Germany
J Cell Biol 162:113-24. 2003..We also provide evidence for a role of ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6) via direct stimulation of a synaptically enriched phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate 5-kinase type Igamma (..
- Requirement for Arf6 in breast cancer invasive activitiesShigeru Hashimoto
Department of Molecular Biology, Osaka Bioscience Institute, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:6647-52. 2004..Here, we found that ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (Arf6) is localized at the invadopodia of the cultured breast cancer cells MDA-MB-231, and its suppression by a small-..
- ADP-ribosylation factor 6 regulates tumor cell invasion through the activation of the MEK/ERK signaling pathwaySarah E Tague
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556 0369, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:9671-6. 2004..the invasive human melanoma cell line LOX as a model system, we demonstrate that the ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6) GTPase is an important regulator of invadopodia formation and cell invasion...
- Structural basis for the activation of cholera toxin by human ARF6-GTPClaire J O'Neal
Department of Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Science 309:1093-6. 2005..Crystal structures of a CTA1:ARF6-GTP (guanosine triphosphate) complex reveal that binding of the human activator elicits dramatic changes in CTA1 ..
- The DOCK180/Elmo complex couples ARNO-mediated Arf6 activation to the downstream activation of Rac1Lorraine C Santy
Department of Cell Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Curr Biol 15:1749-54. 2005..b>ARF6 is intimately involved in the regulation of Rac activity; however, the mechanisms by which ARF activation leads to ..
- V-ATPase interacts with ARNO and Arf6 in early endosomes and regulates the protein degradative pathwayAndres Hurtado-Lorenzo
Program in Membrane Biology and Nephrology Division, Richard Simches Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Nat Cell Biol 8:124-36. 2006The recruitment of the small GTPase Arf6 and ARNO from cytosol to endosomal membranes is driven by V-ATPase-dependent intra-endosomal acidification...
- Role of the Arf6 GDP/GTP cycle and Arf6 GTPase-activating proteins in actin remodeling and intracellular transportStephanie Klein
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS UMR 6097, 660, route des Lucioles, 06560 Valbonne, France
J Biol Chem 281:12352-61. 2006We have analyzed both biochemically and functionally a series of Arf6 mutants, providing new insights into the molecular mode of action of the small G protein Arf6...
- GEP100 links epidermal growth factor receptor signalling to Arf6 activation to induce breast cancer invasionMasaki Morishige
Department of Molecular Biology, Osaka Bioscience Institute, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 10:85-92. 2008..Overexpression of Arf6 and its effector, AMAP1, correlates with and is crucial for the invasive phenotypes of different breast cancer ..
- Endothelin-1 promotes migration of endothelial cells through the activation of ARF6 and the regulation of FAK activityZeinab Daher
Department of Biochemistry, Membrane Protein Study Group GEPROM, Faculty of Medicine, University of Montreal, PO Box 6128, Downtown Station, Montreal, Canada H3C 3J7
Cell Signal 20:2256-65. 2008..Here, we show that endothelin-1 (ET-1) can promote the activation of ARF6 and migration of endothelial cells through the activation of ET(B) receptors...
- ADP-ribosylation factor 6 regulates glioma cell invasion through the IQ-domain GTPase-activating protein 1-Rac1-mediated pathwayBo Hu
Departments of Medicine and Pathology, Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Cancer Res 69:794-801. 2009..In this study, we report that ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6), a Ras superfamily small GTPase, is abundantly expressed in invasive human glioma cells...
- ARF6 Interacts with JIP4 to control a motor switch mechanism regulating endosome traffic in cytokinesisGuillaume Montagnac
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, Paris, France
Curr Biol 19:184-95. 2009..ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6), which localizes to the plasma membrane and endosomal compartments, regulates endocytic recycling to the bridge ..
- ERK MAP kinase-activated Arf6 trafficking directs coxsackievirus type B3 into an unproductive compartment during virus host-cell entryDavid Marchant
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1Y6, Canada
J Gen Virol 90:854-62. 2009..ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (Arf6)-dependent endocytosis is another endocytosis pathway that traffics from the cell surface and it is the only Arf ..
- Adenosine diphosphate-ribosylation factor 6 is required for epidermal growth factor-induced glioblastoma cell proliferationMing Li
Department of Chemistry, Open Laboratory of Chemical Biology, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Cancer 115:4959-72. 2009..The authors previously demonstrated that adenosine diphospate-ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6), a member of the Ras-related small guanosine-5'-triphospate-binding protein family, is required for EFA6A-induced ..
- Slit2-Robo4 signalling promotes vascular stability by blocking Arf6 activityChristopher A Jones
Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Nat Cell Biol 11:1325-31. 2009..Formation of a Robo4-paxillin complex at the cell surface blocks activation of the small GTPase Arf6 and, consequently, Rac by recruitment of Arf-GAPs (ADP-ribosylation factor- directed GTPase-activating proteins) ..
- Phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate 5-kinase and GEP100/Brag2 protein mediate antiangiogenic signaling by semaphorin 3E-plexin-D1 through Arf6 proteinAtsuko Sakurai
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 286:34335-45. 2011..This process requires the activation of small GTPase Arf6 (ADP-ribosylation factor 6), which regulates intracellular trafficking of β1 integrin...
- MICAL-L1 is a tubular endosomal membrane hub that connects Rab35 and Arf6 with Rab8aJuliati Rahajeng
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5870, USA
Traffic 13:82-93. 2012..Moreover, we demonstrate that Arf6 forms a complex with MICAL-L1 and plays a role in its recruitment to tubular endosomes...
- Structure of the human ADP-ribosylation factor 1 complexed with GDPJ C Amor
Department of Biochemistry, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02254
Nature 372:704-8. 1994..These features provide a structural basis for the GTP-dependent modulation of membrane affinity, the lack of intrinsic GTPase activity, and the nature of effector binding surfaces...
- ARNO is a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for ADP-ribosylation factor 6S Frank
Combined Program in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Massachusetts General Hospital East, Charlestown, Masschusetts 02129, USA
J Biol Chem 273:23-7. 1998..ARFs 1 and 3 function in the recruitment of coat proteins to membranes of the Golgi apparatus, whereas ARF6 is localized to the plasma membrane, where it appears to modulate both the assembly of the actin cytoskeleton and ..
- Separation of membrane trafficking and actin remodeling functions of ARF6 with an effector domain mutantO Al-Awar
Laboratory of Cell Biology, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:5998-6007. 2000The ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6) GTPase has a dual function in cells, regulating membrane traffic and organizing cortical actin...
- Intra-endosomal pH-sensitive recruitment of the Arf-nucleotide exchange factor ARNO and Arf6 from cytoplasm to proximal tubule endosomesB Maranda
Program in Membrane Biology and Renal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, 02129 2020, USA
J Biol Chem 276:18540-50. 2001..show here that an Arf-nucleotide exchange factor, ARNO (ADP-ribosylation factor nucleotide site opener) as well as Arf6 and Arf1 small GTPases are located in the kidney proximal tubule receptor-mediated endocytosis pathway, and that ..
- A tubular EHD1-containing compartment involved in the recycling of major histocompatibility complex class I molecules to the plasma membraneSteve Caplan
Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
EMBO J 21:2557-67. 2002..by a clathrin-independent pathway regulated by the small GTP-binding protein ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (Arf6)...
- Requirement for Arf6 in cell adhesion, migration, and cancer cell invasionHisataka Sabe
Department of Molecular Biology, Osaka Bioscience Institute, Osaka 565 0874
J Biochem 134:485-9. 2003..Here the possible roles of a small GTP-binding protein, Arf6, in epithelial cell adhesion and migration, and also in cancer cell invasion, are discussed.
- HIV Nef-mediated major histocompatibility complex class I down-modulation is independent of Arf6 activityJakob E Larsen
Department of Cell Biology and The Center for Blood Research, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:323-31. 2004..Several mutant proteins, including mutations in the small GTPase Arf6, have been used to probe membrane traffic pathways...
- Centaurin-alpha1 is an in vivo phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate-dependent GTPase-activating protein for ARF6 that is involved in actin cytoskeleton organizationKanamarlapudi Venkateswarlu
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, The University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
J Biol Chem 279:6205-8. 2004..Here, we show that centaurin-alpha1 specifically inhibits in vivo GTP loading of ARF6 and redistribution of ARF6 from the endosomal compartment to the plasma membrane, which are indicative of its ..
- ARF6 controls post-endocytic recycling through its downstream exocyst complex effectorMagali Prigent
Membrane and Cytoskeleton Dynamics Group, UMR144 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, F 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Cell Biol 163:1111-21. 2003..Here, we show that GTP-bound ARF6 interacts with Sec10, a subunit of the exocyst complex involved in docking of vesicles with the plasma membrane...
- A novel mode of action of an ArfGAP, AMAP2/PAG3/Papa lpha, in Arf6 functionShigeru Hashimoto
Department of Molecular Biology, Osaka Bioscience Institute, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:37677-84. 2004Previously we reported that AMAP2/PAG3/Papalpha/KIAA0400, a GTPase-activating protein (GAP), acts to antagonize Arf6 function when overexpressed, whereas it was shown to exhibit efficient GAP activities for other Arf isoforms in vitro...
- The TBC (Tre-2/Bub2/Cdc16) domain protein TRE17 regulates plasma membrane-endosomal trafficking through activation of Arf6Lenka Martinu
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, 421 Curie Blvd, BRBII Room 1011, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6160, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:9752-62. 2004..we show that TRE17 (also called Tre-2 and USP6), a founding member of the TBC family, targets the Arf family GTPase Arf6, which regulates plasma membrane-endosome trafficking...
- The small G-protein Arf6GTP recruits the AP-2 adaptor complex to membranesOlivia Paleotti
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS Unité Mixte de Recherche 6097, 660 route des Lucioles, 06560 Valbonne Sophia Antipolis, France
J Biol Chem 280:21661-6. 2005The small GTP-binding protein ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (Arf6) is involved in plasma membrane/endosomes trafficking. However, precisely how the activation of Arf6 regulates vesicular transport is still unclear...
- The Arf6 GEF GEP100/BRAG2 regulates cell adhesion by controlling endocytosis of beta1 integrinsJillian L Dunphy
Department of Cell Biology, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Box 800732, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Curr Biol 16:315-20. 2006The small GTPase Arf6 has been shown to regulate the post-endocytic trafficking of a subset of membrane proteins, including beta1 integrins, and inhibition of Arf6 function impairs both cell adhesion and motility...
- The Arl4 family of small G proteins can recruit the cytohesin Arf6 exchange factors to the plasma membraneIrmgard Hofmann
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 17:711-6. 2007The small GTPase Arf6 regulates endocytosis, actin dynamics, and cell adhesion, and one of its major activators is the exchange factor Arf nucleotide-binding site opener (ARNO), also called cytohesin-2 [1, 2]...
- Rab11-FIP3 is a Rab11-binding protein that regulates breast cancer cell motility by modulating the actin cytoskeletonJian Jing
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, 12801 E 17th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Eur J Cell Biol 88:325-41. 2009..ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (Arf6) has emerged as master regulator of endocytic membrane traffic and cytoskeletal dynamics during cell movement...
- ARF6-mediated endosome recycling reverses lipid accumulation defects in Niemann-Pick Type C diseaseJill Kuglin Schweitzer
Department of Biological Sciences and the Center for Rare and Neglected Diseases, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e5193. 2009..Here we report that nucleotide cycling or cellular knockdown of the small GTP-binding protein, ARF6, markedly impacts cholesterol homeostasis...
- HIV-1 Nef binds a subpopulation of MHC-I throughout its trafficking itinerary and down-regulates MHC-I by perturbing both anterograde and retrograde traffickingLing Yi
Molecular and Cell Biology Unit, Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, NIAID, Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 285:30884-905. 2010..In all, our data support a model for Nef down-regulation of HLA-I that involves both major trafficking itineraries and persistent protein-protein interactions throughout the cell...
- GEP100-Arf6-AMAP1-cortactin pathway frequently used in cancer invasion is activated by VEGFR2 to promote angiogenesisAri Hashimoto
Department of Molecular Biology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e23359. 2011Angiogenesis and cancer invasiveness greatly contribute to cancer malignancy.Arf6 and its effector, AMAP1, are frequently overexpressed in breast cancer, and constitute a central pathway to induce the invasion and metastasis...
- ARF6 activated by the LHCG receptor through the cytohesin family of guanine nucleotide exchange factors mediates the receptor internalization and signalingVenkateswarlu Kanamarlapudi
Institute of Life Science, College of Medicine, Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea SA2 8PP, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 287:20443-55. 2012..However, the mechanisms by which ARF6 and cytohesin 2 regulate LHCGR internalization remain incompletely understood...
- ADP-ribosylation factor 6 expression and activation are reduced in myometrium in complicated pregnanciesVenkateswarlu Kanamarlapudi
Institute of Life Science, College of Medicine, Swansea University, Swansea, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e37954. 2012b>ARF6 (ADP-ribosylation factor 6) small GTP binding protein plays critical roles in actin cytoskeleton rearrangements and membrane trafficking, including internalisation of G protein coupled receptors (GPCR)...
- ARF6-dependent regulation of P2Y receptor traffic and function in human plateletsVenkateswarlu Kanamarlapudi
Institute of Life Science, College of Medicine, Swansea University, Swansea, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e43532. 2012..In this study we investigated the role of the small GTP-binding protein ADP ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6) in the internalization and function of P2Y(1) and P2Y(12) purinoceptors in human platelets...
- Arf1 and Arf6 promote ventral actin structures formed by acute activation of protein kinase C and SrcJuliane P Caviston
Cell Biology and Physiology Center, NHLBI, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland
Cytoskeleton (Hoboken) 71:380-94. 2014Arf proteins regulate membrane traffic and organelle structure. Although Arf6 is known to initiate actin-based changes in cell surface architecture, Arf1 may also function at the plasma membrane...
- Intracellular distribution of Arf proteins in mammalian cells. Arf6 is uniquely localized to the plasma membraneM M Cavenagh
Department of Biochemistry, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322 3050, USA
J Biol Chem 271:21767-74. 1996..Subcellular fractionation of cultured mammalian cells allowed the demonstration that Arf6 is uniquely localized to the plasma membranes of Chinese hamster ovary cells...
- beta-Arrestin-mediated ADP-ribosylation factor 6 activation and beta 2-adrenergic receptor endocytosisA Claing
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 276:42509-13. 2001..beta-arrestin orchestrates the process of receptor endocytosis through the activation of ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6), a small GTP-binding protein...
- GGA proteins associate with Golgi membranes through interaction between their GGAH domains and ADP-ribosylation factorsHiroyuki Takatsu
Institute of Biological Sciences and Gene Research Center, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba Science City, Ibaraki 305 8572, Japan
Biochem J 365:369-78. 2002..These include ARF1-ARF6, which are divided into three classes on the basis of similarity in the primary structure: Class I, ARF1-ARF3; ..
- ARF6 activation by Galpha q signaling: Galpha q forms molecular complexes with ARNO and ARF6Patrick Giguère
Service de Rhumatologie, Departement de Medecine, Faculté de Médecine and Centre de Recherche Clinique, Universite de Sherbrooke, 3001 12e Avenue Nord, Fleurimont, Quebec, Canada
Cell Signal 18:1988-94. 2006..ADP-Ribosylation Factor 6 (ARF6) plays an important role in GPCR trafficking and is the subject of intense research...
- Arf6 recruits the Rac GEF Kalirin to the plasma membrane facilitating Rac activationTae Hyeon Koo
Laboratory of Cell Biology, NHLBI, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
BMC Cell Biol 8:29. 2007Many studies implicate Arf6 activity in Rac-mediated membrane ruffling and cytoskeletal reorganization...
- ARF6 regulates angiotensin II type 1 receptor endocytosis by controlling the recruitment of AP-2 and clathrinMarie Eve Poupart
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Cell Signal 19:2370-8. 2007We have previously shown that the ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6), a small GTP-binding protein, is important for the internalization of several G protein-coupled receptors...
- Primary platelet signaling cascades and integrin-mediated signaling control ADP-ribosylation factor (Arf) 6-GTP levels during platelet activation and aggregationZubair A Karim
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0509, USA
J Biol Chem 283:11995-2003. 2008Previous studies showed that ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (Arf6) is important for platelet function; however, little is known about which signaling events regulate this small GTP-binding protein...
- The adaptor complex AP-2 regulates post-endocytic trafficking through the non-clathrin Arf6-dependent endocytic pathwayAlan W Lau
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Cell Sci 121:4008-17. 2008The ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (Arf6) GTPase functions as a key regulator of endocytic trafficking, participating in clathrin-independent endocytosis in most cell types...
- Arf6 coordinates actin assembly through the WAVE complex, a mechanism usurped by Salmonella to invade host cellsDaniel Humphreys
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1QP, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:16880-5. 2013..actin assembly mediated by the WASP family veroprolin homolog (WAVE) regulatory complex (WRC), we recapitulated an Arf6-driven actin polymerization pathway...
- A regulatory role for ARF6 in receptor-mediated endocytosisC D'SOUZA-SCHOREY
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110
Science 267:1175-8. 1995Adenosine diphosphate-ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6), ARF6 mutants, and ARF1 were transiently expressed in Chinese hamster ovary cells, and the effects on receptor-mediated endocytosis were assessed...
- Subcellular distribution and differential expression of endogenous ADP-ribosylation factor 6 in mammalian cellsC Z Yang
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 273:4006-11. 1998..In this study, an ARF6-specific monoclonal antibody was raised and used to examine the subcellular distribution and expression of ARF6 in ..
- Calcium-regulated exocytosis of dense-core vesicles requires the activation of ADP-ribosylation factor (ARF)6 by ARF nucleotide binding site opener at the plasma membraneNicolas Vitale
Unité Propre de Recherche 2356, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 67084 Strasbourg Cedex, France
J Cell Biol 159:79-89. 2002..Here we show that ARF6 is specifically associated with dense-core secretory granules in neuroendocrine PC12 cells...
- G protein-coupled receptor endocytosis in ADP-ribosylation factor 6-depleted cellsTanguy Houndolo
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Montreal, Montreal H3C 3J7, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:5598-604. 2005..Here, we have applied the RNA interference approach to demonstrate that ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6) is essential for the endocytosis of a broad variety of receptors...
- Endogenous ARF6 interacts with Rac1 upon angiotensin II stimulation to regulate membrane ruffling and cell migrationMathieu Cotton
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada H3C 3J7
Mol Biol Cell 18:501-11. 2007b>ARF6 and Rac1 are small GTPases known to regulate remodelling of the actin cytoskeleton...
- ARNO3, a Sec7-domain guanine nucleotide exchange factor for ADP ribosylation factor 1, is involved in the control of Golgi structure and functionM Franco
Centre d Immunologie Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique de Marseille Luminy, Case 906, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:9926-31. 1998..We show that all three proteins act as ARF1 GEF in vitro, whereas they have no effect on ARF6, an ARF protein implicated in the early endocytic pathway...
- Effects of arfaptin 1 on guanine nucleotide-dependent activation of phospholipase D and cholera toxin by ADP-ribosylation factorS C Tsai
Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine Branch, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1590, USA
J Biol Chem 273:20697-701. 1998..Arfaptin inhibition of the action of ARF5 and ARF6 was less than that of ARF1 and ARF3; its effects were less on nonmyristoylated than myristoylated ARFs...
- ADP-Ribosylation factor 1 (ARF1) regulates recruitment of the AP-3 adaptor complex to membranesC E Ooi
Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Cell Biol 142:391-402. 1998..Similar experiments with mutants of ARF5 and ARF6 showed that these other ARF family members had little or no effect on AP-3...
- Role of the second cysteine-rich domain and Pro275 in protein kinase D2 interaction with ADP-ribosylation factor 1, trans-Golgi network recruitment, and protein transportGanesh Varma Pusapati
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Ulm, Ulm 89081, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 21:1011-22. 2010..ARF1, but not ARF6, binds directly to the second cysteine-rich domain (C1b) of PKD2, and precisely to Pro275 within this domain...
- PAG3/Papalpha/KIAA0400, a GTPase-activating protein for ADP-ribosylation factor (ARF), regulates ARF6 in Fcgamma receptor-mediated phagocytosis of macrophagesH Uchida
Department of Molecular Biology, Osaka Bioscience Institute, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
J Exp Med 193:955-66. 2001..Mammalian ARFs fall into three classes, and the class III isoform (ARF6) has been shown to be involved in FcgammaR-mediated phagocytosis...
- The guanine nucleotide exchange protein for ADP-ribosylation factor 6, ARF-GEP100/BRAG2, regulates phagocytosis of monocytic phagocytes in an ARF6-dependent processAkimasa Someya
Department of Host Defense and Biochemical Research, Juntendo University, School of Medicine, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:30698-707. 2010..ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6), a small GTPase, is known to regulate membrane trafficking and the actin cytoskeketon at the plasma membrane and ..
- Activation of rat brain phospholipase D by ADP-ribosylation factors 1,5, and 6: separation of ADP-ribosylation factor-dependent and oleate-dependent enzymesD Massenburg
Laboratory of Cellular Metabolism, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:11718-22. 1994..ARF-dependent PLD was activated by recombinant ARF5 (class II) and ARF6 (class III), as well as ARF1 (class I)...
- Centaurin-alpha 1, an ADP-ribosylation factor 6 GTPase activating protein, inhibits beta 2-adrenoceptor internalizationJoanna Lawrence
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
Mol Pharmacol 67:1822-8. 2005The small GTP-binding protein ADP ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6) has recently been implicated in the internalization of G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs), although its precise molecular mechanism in this process remains unclear...
- ACAPs are arf6 GTPase-activating proteins that function in the cell peripheryT R Jackson
Laboratory of Cellular Oncology, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4255, USA
J Cell Biol 151:627-38. 2000The GTP-binding protein ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (Arf6) regulates endosomal membrane trafficking and the actin cytoskeleton in the cell periphery...
- Characterization of a GTPase-activating protein that stimulates GTP hydrolysis by both ADP-ribosylation factor (ARF) and ARF-like proteins. Comparison to the ARD1 gap domainM Ding
Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine Branch, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 271:24005-9. 1996..270, 5232-5237). Purified spleen GAP accelerated hydrolysis of GTP bound to recombinant ARF1, ARF3, ARF5, and ARF6; no effect of NH2-terminal myristoylation was observed...
- Somatodendritic localization of EFA6A, a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for ADP-ribosylation factor 6, and its possible interaction with alpha-actinin in dendritic spinesHiroyuki Sakagami
Division of Histology, Department of Cell Biology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 1 Seiryo machi, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 25:618-28. 2007EFA6A is a member of the guanine nucleotide exchange factors that can specifically activate ADP ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6)...
- EphA2 engages Git1 to suppress Arf6 activity modulating epithelial cell-cell contactsKoichi Miura
Department of Molecular Biology, Osaka Bioscience Institute, Suita, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 20:1949-59. 2009..Here, we found that Arf6 activity is down-regulated in Madin-Darby canine kidney cells, which is dependent on cell density and calcium ion ..
- ADP-ribosylation factor 6 modulates adrenergic stimulated lipolysis in adipocytesYingqiu Liu
Dept of Internal Medicine, Center for Human Nutrition, Washington Univ School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 298:C921-8. 2010ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (Arf6) is a small GTPase that influences membrane receptor trafficking and the actin cytoskeleton...
- ARF6 targets recycling vesicles to the plasma membrane: insights from an ultrastructural investigationE van Donselaar
Department of Cell Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Cell Biol 140:603-16. 1998..Expression of ARF6 mutants perturbs endosomal trafficking and the morphology of the peripheral membrane system...
- Evidence for a role for ADP-ribosylation factor 6 in insulin-stimulated glucose transporter-4 (GLUT4) trafficking in 3T3-L1 adipocytesC A Millar
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Davidson Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland
J Biol Chem 274:17619-25. 1999..These cells express ARF5 and ARF6. ARF5 was identified in the soluble protein and intracellular membranes; in response to insulin some ARF5 was ..
- PI-3-kinase-dependent membrane recruitment of centaurin-alpha2 is essential for its effect on ARF6-mediated actin cytoskeleton reorganisationKanamarlapudi Venkateswarlu
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TD, UK
J Cell Sci 120:792-801. 2007..the functional characterisation of centaurin-alpha(2), which is structurally related to the centaurin-alpha(1) ARF6 GAP...
- Small G proteins in peroxisome biogenesis: the potential involvement of ADP-ribosylation factor 6Erin A Anthonio
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
BMC Cell Biol 10:58. 2009..New peroxisomes form by budding from pre-existing organelles or de novo by vesiculation of the ER. It has been suggested that ADP-ribosylation factors and COPI coatomer complexes are involved in these processes...
- Binding and functions of ADP-ribosylation factor on mammalian and yeast peroxisomesDorothee Lay
Biochemie Zentrum der Universitat Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 328, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:34489-99. 2005..Although both ARF1 and ARF6 were found on peroxisomes, coatomer recruitment only depended on ARF1-GTP...
- The EFA6 family: guanine nucleotide exchange factors for ADP ribosylation factor 6 at neuronal synapsesHiroyuki Sakagami
Department of Anatomy, Kitasato University School of Medicine
Tohoku J Exp Med 214:191-8. 2008b>ADP ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6) is a member of the ARF family of small GTPases, which mediates a variety of neuronal functions accompanying the structural changes of developing and mature neurons through its regulation of actin ..
- Aspergillus nidulans ArfB plays a role in endocytosis and polarized growthSoo Chan Lee
Program for the Biology of Filamentous Fungi, Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology, Texas A and M University, 2132 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Eukaryot Cell 7:1278-88. 2008..Analysis of protein sequence alignments suggests that A. nidulans ArfB shares similarity with ARF6 of Homo sapiens and Arf3p of Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- ADP-ribosylation factor 6 and endocytosis at the apical surface of Madin-Darby canine kidney cellsY Altschuler
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0452, USA
J Cell Biol 147:7-12. 1999We report that the small GTPase, ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6), is present only on the apical surface of polarized MDCK epithelial cells...
- The differential regulation of phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate 5-kinases and phospholipase D1 by ADP-ribosylation factors 1 and 6Borja Perez-Mansilla
Department of Physiology, University College London, Rockefeller Building, 21 University Street, London WC1E 6JJ, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1761:1429-42. 2006..However PtdIns4P5Ks discriminate poorly between near homogeneously myristoylated Arf1 and Arf6 although examples of all three known active isoforms (mouse alpha>beta, gamma) respond to these G-proteins...
- ADP-ribosylation factor 6 regulates insulin secretion through plasma membrane phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphateJohn T R Lawrence
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Cox Institute, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:13320-5. 2003ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6) is a small GTP-binding protein that regulates peripheral vesicular trafficking and actin cytoskeletal dynamics, and it has been implicated as critical to regulated secretion...
- Differential expression and targeting of endogenous Arf1 and Arf6 small GTPases in kidney epithelial cells in situJaafar El-Annan
Program in Membrane Biology and Renal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02129 2020, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 286:C768-78. 2004..immunocytochemistry and Western blotting were performed to characterize the expression and targeting of Arf1 and Arf6 in epithelial cells in situ...
- Characterization of a glucose-repressible ADP-ribosylation factor 3 (ARF3) from Saccharomyces cerevisiaeF J Lee
Laboratory of Cellular Metabolism, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 269:20931-7. 1994..and gene structure, mammalian ARFs fall into three classes (class I, ARFs 1, 2, 3; class II, ARFs 4, 5; class III, ARF6)...
- A presynaptic role for the ADP ribosylation factor (ARF)-specific GDP/GTP exchange factor msec7-1U Ashery
Department of Membrane Biophysics, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Am Fassberg 11, D 37077 Goettingen, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:1094-9. 1999..One member of this family, ARF6, translocates on activation from intracellular compartments to the plasma membrane and has been implicated in ..
- Regulation of ARNO nucleotide exchange by a PH domain electrostatic switchL C Santy
Combined Program in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Massachusetts General Hospital East, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Curr Biol 9:1173-6. 1999..GTPases called ADP-ribosylation factors (ARFs)   , which regulate vesicular trafficking and, in one case (ARF6), also regulate cortical actin structure ...
- Interaction protein for cytohesin exchange factors 1 (IPCEF1) binds cytohesin 2 and modifies its activityKanamarlapudi Venkateswarlu
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:43460-9. 2003The ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6) small GTPase functions as a GDP/GTP-regulated switch in the pathways that stimulate actin reorganization and membrane ruffling...
- ADP-ribosylation factor 6 regulates tumorigenic and invasive properties in vivoVandhana Muralidharan-Chari
Department of Biological Sciences, Freimann Life Science Center, and W M Keck Center for Transgene Research, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, USA
Cancer Res 69:2201-9. 2009This study shows that the small GTP-binding protein ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6) is an important regulator of tumor growth and metastasis...
- Vezatin, a potential target for ADP-ribosylation factor 6, regulates the dendritic formation of hippocampal neuronsMasashi Sanda
Department of Anatomy, Kitasato University School of Medicine, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara 228 8555, Kanagawa, Japan
Neurosci Res 67:126-36. 2010ADP-ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6) is a small GTPase that regulates neuronal morphogenesis processes such as axonal, dendritic, and spine formation possibly through the actin cytoskeleton and membrane trafficking...
- ADP-ribosylation factor 6 regulates mammalian myoblast fusion through phospholipase D1 and phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate signaling pathwaysAnne Sophie Bach
Universités Montpellier 2 et 1, Centre de Recherche en Biochimie Macromoleculaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 5237, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 122 1919 Route de Mende, 34293 Montpellier, France
Mol Biol Cell 21:2412-24. 2010..Moreover, Loner/GEP(100)/BRAG2, a GEF of ARF6, has been involved in mammalian and Drosophila myoblast fusion, but the specific role of ARF6 has been not fully ..
- Characterization of class II and class III ADP-ribosylation factor genes and proteins in Drosophila melanogasterF J Lee
Laboratory of Cellular Metabolism, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 269:21555-60. 1994..structure, mammalian ARFs fall into three classes (class I, ARF1, -2, and -3; class II, ARF4 and -5; class III, ARF6). A class I ARF had been identified in Drosophila melanogaster...
- Similarities in function and gene structure of cytohesin-4 and cytohesin-1, guanine nucleotide-exchange proteins for ADP-ribosylation factorsM Ogasawara
Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine Branch, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1434, USA
J Biol Chem 275:3221-30. 2000..Recombinant cytohesin-4 stimulated guanosine 5'-3-O-(thio)triphosphate binding by human ARF1 and ARF5 but not ARF6. Like other cytohesins and unlike the approximately 200-kDa ARF GEPs, it was not inhibited by brefeldin A...
- Characterization of a fast cycling ADP-ribosylation factor 6 mutantLorraine C Santy
Department of Cell Biology, Health Sciences Center, University of Virginia, PO Box 800732, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 277:40185-8. 2002..Here we report the design and characterization of a novel activated mutant of ARF6, ARF6 T157A...
- ADP ribosylation factor 6 is activated and controls membrane delivery during phagocytosis in macrophagesFlorence Niedergang
Membrane and Cytoskeleton Dynamics Laboratory, UMR144 CNRS, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, F 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Cell Biol 161:1143-50. 2003..Here, we report that endogenous ADP ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6), a small GTP-binding protein, undergoes a sharp and transient activation in macrophages when ..
- ARL4D recruits cytohesin-2/ARNO to modulate actin remodelingChun Chun Li
Institute of Molecular Medicine, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Mol Biol Cell 18:4420-37. 2007..opener (ARNO) is a guanine nucleotide-exchange factor (GEF) for ARF, and, at the plasma membrane, it can activate ARF6 to regulate actin reorganization and membrane ruffling...
- The Role of Arf GTPases in Endocytosis and Postendocytic TransportJames E Casanova; Fiscal Year: 2010..Of the six mammalian Arf isoforms, Arf6 is most abundant in the cell periphery, where it has been shown to regulate the clathrin-dependent endocytosis of G-..
- ARF regulators in endocytic transportVictor W Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Second, we have identified Grp1 as the GEF that acts on ARF6 for the endocytic recycling of the glucose transporter type 4 (glut4), a process that is regulated by insulin...
- Lovett Evan Reddick; Fiscal Year: 2014..evidence revealed that EspG interacted specifically with GTP-bound ADP Ribosylation Factor 1 and 6 (Arf1 and Arf6)...
- Novel Therapeutic Approach for Sepsis: Blocking the Vascular Response to CytokineALAN L MUELLER; Fiscal Year: 2012..determined that a critical downstream step in Robo4 activation is the inhibition of a small GTPase, ADP ribosylation factor 6 (ARF6). Dr...
- Mapping for Specialized Domains for FCeRI Signaling &InternalizationBridget S Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2013..A particular focus in this aim is the small GTPase, Arf6. Results of these analyses will contribute important new insight specifically into the molecular events that ..
- Identification of novel small molecule inhibitors of Arf6 for the treatment of vaKirill Ostanin; Fiscal Year: 2013..and growth factor-induced angiogenesis and vascular leak by inhibiting the activation of ADP-ribosylation factor-6 (Arf6)...
- INTRACELLULAR TRANSPORT OF SHIGA TOXINVictor Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2001..The small GTPase maned ADP- Ribosylation Factor 6 (ARF6) regulates transport between the plasma membrane and the early endosome, while the intracellular KDEL receptor ..
- TRANSEPITHELIAL TRANSPORT OF IMMUNOGLOBULINSJames Casanova; Fiscal Year: 2002..This proposal will examine the role of two of these proteins, rab25 and ARF6 in transepithelial transport...
- Role of the GTPase ARF6 in Epithelial Cell MigrationJames Casanova; Fiscal Year: 2005..Using MOCK cells as a model epithelium, we found that activation of ARF6 (by expression of the nucleotide exchange factor ARNO) is sufficient to induce a migratory phenotype similar to ..
- REGULATION OF ENDOCYTOSIS DURING CELL MIGRATIONVictor Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2000..Recently, ARF6 has been shown to regulate endocytosis and actin cytoskeletal organization...
- CHELSEA SUZANNE SULLIVAN; Fiscal Year: 2014..GULP binds to clathrin (Martins-Silva, 2006), and it also regulates Arf6 (Ma et al...
- Exocytosis and Coupled Endocytosis in Neuroendocrine CellsJOHN DAVID CASTLE; Fiscal Year: 2010..One isoform, SCAMP2, interacts with three proteins that function in exocytosis - small G protein Arf6, phospolipase D1 (PLD1), and phosphatidyl inositol 4-phosphate 5-kinase (PIP5K) - and also participates in opening ..
- Martin A Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2014..During the last grant period, we identified Arf6 as the key determinant of the first step of exocytosis: exit of raft components from the recycling endosomes...
- DEAN YAW LI; Fiscal Year: 2016..GAP) and guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEF) that determine, respectively, the inactive and active state of ARF6 and the strength of cell-cell interactions...
- BARTH DEMIAN GRANT; Fiscal Year: 2016..focus on understanding the molecular basis of endosomal regulation by a new player in the RAB-10 pathway, putative ARF6 effector UNC-16/ JIP3. We connect UNC-16 to an ARF-GAP in this pathway and to a new Rab-GTPase regulator...
- DEAN YAW LI; Fiscal Year: 2014..Therefore, we believe targeting the cytohesin, ARNO, and its effector, Arf6, may produce promising new small molecule inhibitors useful at combating both innate and acquired chemotherapeutic ..
- Anthony P Bretscher; Fiscal Year: 2016..The third aim concerns EPI64, an Arf6-GTP binding RabGAP protein that binds EBP50 and is now implicated in both an endocytic cycle and in regulating ..
- TRE17 links actin remodeling & vesicle traffickingMargaret Chou; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have identified two direct targets of TRE17, IQGAP1 and the Arf6 GTPase, both of which have previously been linked to motile and invasive behavior...
- Adrian Rothenfluh; Fiscal Year: 2016..genetic, molecular, biochemical, and cell culture approaches to define the roles of two small GTPase pathways, the Arf6, and Rho-family of GTPases in regulating alcohol-induced behaviors...
- Blocking a novel cytokine signaling pathway for the treatment of rheumatoid arthrKirill Ostanin; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have shown that inhibition of a non-canonical ARNO/Arf6 pathway, independent of the canonical NF-kB pathway and immune system regulation is involved in maintaining ..
- DEAN YAW LI; Fiscal Year: 2016..MYD88 binds to ARNO, an ARF-GEF that activates the small GTPase ARF6. Active ARF6 disrupts adherens junctions by reducing the levels of cell surface VE-cadherin, which leads to ..
- Kirill Ostanin; Fiscal Year: 2014..The small GTPase Arf6 has been extensively validated as a promising drug target that, by virtue of its central role in destabilizig ..
- Lorraine C Santy; Fiscal Year: 2016..that protein- protein interactions are critical for building a pro-migratory circuit that links activatin of Arf6 by cytohesin-2 to the downstream activation of Rac by Dock180...
- The function of ezrin in stimulus-coupled acid secretionXuebiao Yao; Fiscal Year: 2012..Second, we will define the role of ARF6-ACAP4-ezrin apical signaling complex in parietal cell activation...
- EP164 coordinates arf6- and Rab-dependent membrane traffic in epithelial cellsDavid E Hokanson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recent work from our laboratory has revealed that a microvillar protein, EPI64, has regulatory functions for both Arf6 and an unknown Rab protein...
- Konstantin V Kandror; Fiscal Year: 2016..In Specific Aim 3, we will explore the actual mechanism of the IRV formation and, in particular, determine the role of cytoplasmic sortilin-binding proteins, Arf6 and PIP4 in this process.
- Xuebiao Yao; Fiscal Year: 2016..recent study identified a breast cancer metastasis signaling network involving CCL18 and its potential effectors ARF6-ACAP4-ezrin...
- ARF PROTEIN IN INSULIN SIGNALINGGuillermo Romero; Fiscal Year: 2002..This issue is particularly complicated by the existence of many RF proteins (ARF1-ARF6), ARF-GDP exchange factors (ARF-GEF; namely ARNO, cytohesin-1, GRP1, Gea and others) and PLD forms (PLD1 and PLD2) ..
- Regulation of Integrin Alpha4 BetalMARK HOWARD GINSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2010..The role of potential effectors (e.g. Arf- GAPs) will be tested by analysis of downstream targets (e.g. Arf6) and by blocking the interaction of the effector with paxillin...
- A role for EPI64 in microvilli organizationDAVID LALONDE; Fiscal Year: 2009..that the microvillar component EPI64 regulates the presence of microvilli on epithelial cells, and that it binds Arf6-GTP and affects its regulation...
- The Aux/IAA and ARF Gene Families in Auxin SignalingAthanasios Theologis; Fiscal Year: 2005..determine the DNA binding specificities of some ARF gene family members, define the DNA binding domains of ARF1 and ARF6 using a yeast molecular genetic screen, and determine their genomic binding sites with microarray technology.3...
- Role of Small GTPases in Muscarinic Receptor TraffickingALFRED MERRILL; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our recent observations suggest that the ARF6 GTPase, which regulates a non-clathrin mediated endocytic pathway, may regulate the trafficking of m2Rs, which are ..
- Enhancing DNA vaccines using modified Cholera Toxin A1 Subunit as an adjuvantTimothy Fouts; Fiscal Year: 2007..or LTA1 that enhance enzymatic activity in vitro; Aim 2: Identify fusion constructs between CTA1 or LTA1 and human ARF6 that enhance enzymatic activity in vitro; and, Aim 3: Identify constructs from Aims 1, and 2 that optimally enhance ..
- HIV 1 NEF and InfectivityJohn Guatelli; Fiscal Year: 2003..3) The relationship of Nef to the ARF6-regulated and clathrin-independent endosomal system will be examined using ARF6-mutants and manipulations that ..
- Corneal Innervation and Epithelial Cell MigrationJES KLARLUND; Fiscal Year: 2007..GRP1 is an activator for the small GTP binding protein ARF6, which has been shown to regulate extension of lamellipodia and cell movement...
- Role of PACS-1 in HIV-1 ImmunoevasionGary Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2007..We determined that Nef and the cellular trafficking protein PACS-1 combine to usurp a PI3K-dependent, ARF6-controlled endocytic pathway to downreg ulate cell-surface MHC-I to the trans-Golgi network...
- SIGNALING PATHWAYS OF ARF GTPASES AND ARF GAPSRichard Premont; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- NMR studies of the structure of myristylated Arf6Dawit Gizachew; Fiscal Year: 2006..g., the Dbl oncoprotein). The focus of this project is the three dimensional solution structure of Arf6, a GTP binding protein related to H-Ras...
- Dopamine Receptor Regulation by GRKs in Drug AbuseRichard Premont; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of these studies will define the role of GRK6 in setting the basal tone of dopamine signaling in the striatum. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- STAGES OF REGULATED EXOCYTOSISThomas Martin; Fiscal Year: 2008..__ _ _ i ..
- ILK-Actopaxin Interactions in Cell SignalingChristopher E Turner; Fiscal Year: 2010....