Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: APOA5
Description: apolipoprotein A5
Alias: APOAV, RAP3, apolipoprotein A-V, apo-AV, apolipoprotein A-V precursor variant 3, regeneration-associated protein 3
Publications210 found, 100 shown here
- Two independent apolipoprotein A5 haplotypes modulate postprandial lipoprotein metabolism in a healthy Caucasian populationRafael Moreno-Luna
Unit of Lipids and Atherosclerosis, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Avda Menendez Pidal, Cordoba, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2280-5. 2007Apolipoprotein A5 (APOA5) plays an important role in plasma triacylglycerol (TG) homeostasis. Five polymorphisms (1131T>C, c.-3A>G, c.56C>G, IVS3+476G>A, and c...
- Influence of apoA-V gene variants on postprandial triglyceride metabolism: impact of genderEstibaliz Olano-Martin
Hugh Sinclair Human Nutrition Group, School of Chemistry, Food Biosciences, and Pharmacy, University of Reading, Reading RG6 6AP, United Kingdom
J Lipid Res 49:945-53. 2008..015). However, in linear regression analysis, a significant independent association with TG AUC (P = 0.007) was only evident for the apoA-V -1131 T>C SNP, indicating a greater relative importance of the apoA-V genotype...
- Association found between the promoter region polymorphism in the apolipoprotein A-V gene and the serum triglyceride level in Japanese schoolchildrenKazue Endo
Department of Medical Science and Welfare, Institute of Community Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tennoudai 1 1 1, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki ken 305 8575, Japan
Hum Genet 111:570-2. 2002..of this study was to assess the influence of single nucleotide polymorphism 3 (SNP3) of the apolipoprotein A-V ( APOA5) gene on the serum triglyceride (TG) level in Japanese schoolchildren...
- The APOA5 locus is a strong determinant of plasma triglyceride concentrations across ethnic groups in SingaporeChao Qiang Lai
Nutrition and Genomics Laboratory, JM USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA, USA
J Lipid Res 44:2365-73. 2003..The gene encoding apolipoprotein A-V (APOA5) has been located on chromosome 11, and it is emerging as an important candidate gene for lipoprotein metabolism...
- A novel genetic variant in the apolipoprotein A5 gene is associated with hypertriglyceridemiaJau Tsuen Kao
School and Graduate Institute of Medical Technology, College of Medicine, and Department of Laboratory Medicine, University Hospital, National Taiwan University, No 7, Chung Shan S Rd, Taipei, 100 Taiwan
Hum Mol Genet 12:2533-9. 2003The apolipoprotein A5 gene (APOA5 ) has been shown to play an important role in determining plasma triglyceride concentrations in humans. We describe here a novel variant, c...
- Apolipoprotein A5 gene polymorphism -1131T-->C: association with plasma lipids and type 2 diabetes mellitus with coronary heart disease in ChineseSheng kai Yan
Division of Clinical Biochemistry, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Clin Chem Lab Med 43:607-12. 2005..The -1131T-->C polymorphism found in the newly identified apolipoprotein A5 ( APOA5 ) gene has been found to be associated with elevated plasma triglyceride (TG) concentrations in different racial ..
- Association of PON1 and APOA5 gene polymorphisms in a cohort of Indian patients having coronary artery disease with and without type 2 diabetesSeema Bhaskar
Genome Research Group, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, Hyderabad, India
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 15:507-12. 2011..the association of two selected candidate gene polymorphisms; paraoxonase1 (PON1) Q192R and apolipoprotein A5 (APOA5) -1131T>C were assessed in a cohort of South Indian patients having CAD with and without T2DM...
- Determination of the functionality of common APOA5 polymorphismsPhilippa J Talmud
Division of Cardiovascular Genetics, Department of Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, 5 University Street, London WC1E 6JF, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 280:28215-20. 2005..Molecular modeling of the apoAV signal peptide (SP) showed an increased angle of insertion (65 degrees ) at the lipid/water interface of Trp-19 SP ..
- A single nucleotide polymorphism of the apolipoprotein A-V gene -1131T>C modulates postprandial lipoprotein metabolismRafael Moreno
Lipids and Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Reina Sofia University Hospital, Cordoba, Spain
Atherosclerosis 189:163-8. 2006..The modifications observed in postprandial lipoprotein metabolism in subjects with the apoA-V -1131T>C polymorphism could be involved in the increased fasting plasma TG concentrations previously described in carriers of the C allele...
- Genome-wide association study identifies genes for biomarkers of cardiovascular disease: serum urate and dyslipidemiaChris Wallace
Clinical Pharmacology and The Genome Centre, Barts and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, EC1M 6BQ, UK
Am J Hum Genet 82:139-49. 2008..This finding provides a potential biological mechanism for the recent association of this same allele of the same SNP with increased risk of coronary disease...
- APOA5-1131T>C polymorphism is associated with triglyceride levels in Chinese menL Baum
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
Clin Genet 63:377-9. 2003..increased triglycerides, suggesting that human genetic variants affecting expression of the protein product, APOAV, might affect triglyceride levels...
- The apolipoprotein A-V genotype and plasma apolipoprotein A-V and triglyceride levels: prospective risk of type 2 diabetes. Results from the Northwick Park Heart Study IIP J Talmud
Division of Cardiovascular Genetics, Department of Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, 5 University Street, London, WC1E 6JF, UK
Diabetologia 49:2337-40. 2006We sought to establish the relationship between plasma apolipoprotein A-V (APOA5, previously known as apoA-V) and triglyceride levels and to determine the impact of the APOA5 genotype on APOA5 levels and development of type 2 diabetes in ..
- The apolipoprotein A5 gene -1131T-->C polymorphism affects vitamin E plasma concentrations in type 2 diabetic patientsJosefa Girona
Unitat de Recerca en Lipids i Arteriosclerosi, IRCIS, Hospital Universitari Sant Joan, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Reus, Spain
Clin Chem Lab Med 46:453-7. 2008..Vitamin E is transported in triglyceride (TG)-rich lipoproteins and therefore could also be modulated by apoAV. Patients with type 2 diabetes have a tendency towards high TG values and increased oxidative stress.
- Association of APOA5 -1131T>C and S19W gene polymorphisms with both mild hypertriglyceridemia and hyperchylomicronemia in type 2 diabetic patientsSybil Charriere
INSERM U870, Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
Clin Chim Acta 394:99-103. 2008Two minor apolipoprotein A5 (APOA5) gene haplotypes, represented by -1131T>C and S19W polymorphisms, are strong determinants of plasma triglyceride (TG) concentration variability across human populations...
- Polymorphism of apolipoprotein A5 is a risk factor for cerebral infarction in type 2 diabetesXuefeng Li
Department of Endocrinology, Zhongnan Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan, 430071, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 28:653-6. 2008This study investigated the association of apolipoprotein A5 (apoA5) gene polymorphism at position -1131T>C with cerebral infarction in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Effects of variations in the APOA1/C3/A4/A5 gene cluster on different parameters of postprandial lipid metabolism in healthy young menJavier Delgado-Lista
Lipids and Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Reina Sofia University Hospital, Instituto Maimonides de Investigacion Biomedica de Cordoba IMIBIC, University of Cordoba, Ciber Fisiopatologia Obesidad y Nutricion CIBEROBN, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, CordobaSpain
J Lipid Res 51:63-73. 2010..APOC3 -640 was associated with altered TG kinetics but not its magnitude. We have identified new associations between SNPs in the APOA1/C3/A4/A5 gene cluster and altered postprandial lipid metabolism...
- APOA5 gene variants, lipoprotein particle distribution, and progression of coronary heart disease: results from the LOCAT studyPhilippa J Talmud
Centre for Cardiovascular Genetics, Department of Medicine, British Heart Foundation Laboratories, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
J Lipid Res 45:750-6. 2004..We examined the relationship of APOA5 -1131T>C and S19W with lipid subfractions and progression of atherosclerosis in the Lopid Coronary Angiography ..
- The -1131T-->C polymorphism in the apolipoprotein A5 gene is associated with postprandial hypertriacylglycerolemia; elevated small, dense LDL concentrations; and oxidative stress in nonobese Korean menYangsoo Jang
Division of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Genome Center, Yonsei Medical Institute, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
Am J Clin Nutr 80:832-40. 2004..Apolipoprotein A5 plays an important role in modulating triacylglycerol metabolism in experimental animal models...
- Apolipoprotein A5, a crucial determinant of plasma triglyceride levels, is highly responsive to peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha activatorsNgoc Vu-Dac
Departement d Atherosclerose, U 545 INSERM, Institut Pasteur de Lille and Faculté de Pharmacie de Lille, 1 rue Calmette BP 245, 59019 Lille Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 278:17982-5. 2003The recently discovered APOA5 gene has been shown in humans and mice to be important in determining plasma triglyceride levels, a major cardiovascular disease risk factor...
- The novel apolipoprotein A5 is present in human serum, is associated with VLDL, HDL, and chylomicrons, and circulates at very low concentrations compared with other apolipoproteinsPeter J O'Brien
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Clin Chem 51:351-9. 2005The recently discovered apolipoprotein A5 (ApoA5) is fast gaining attention as a key regulator of serum triglyceride concentrations...
- The effect of APOA5 and APOC3 variants on lipid parameters in European Whites, Indian Asians and Afro-Caribbeans with type 2 diabetesBirgit Dorfmeister
Centre for Cardiovascular Genetics, British Heart Foundation Laboratories, Royal Free and University College London Medical School, London WC1E 6JF, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1772:355-63. 2007Common variants in APOA5 and APOC3 have been associated with differences in plasma triglyceride (TG) levels in healthy individuals...
- The functional interaction on in vitro gene expression of APOA5 SNPs, defining haplotype APOA52, and their paradoxical association with plasma triglyceride but not plasma apoAV levelsJutta Palmen
Division of Cardiovascular Genetics, Department of Medicine, University College London, 5 University Street, London WC1E 6JF, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1782:447-52. 2008..We conclude that APOA5 expression, and not circulating plasma apoAV levels, is causatively associated with plasma TG levels.
- Apolipoprotein A5 gene -1131T/C polymorphism is associated with the risk of metabolic syndrome in ethnic Chinese in TaiwanLung An Hsu
Department of Internal Medicine, The First Cardiovascular Division, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Chem Lab Med 46:1714-9. 2008The -1131T>C polymorphism in the apolipoprotein gene A5 (APOA5) was found to be associated with increased levels of plasma triglyceride and decreased levels of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C), which are characteristic ..
- Association of SNP3 polymorphism in the apolipoprotein A-V gene with plasma triglyceride level in Tunisian type 2 diabetesRaja Chaaba
Biochemistry Laboratory, UR 08 39, Faculty of Medicine MONASTIR, Tunisia
Lipids Health Dis 4:1. 2005..Hypertriglyceridemia is a risk factor for coronary artery disease. We aimed to examine the interaction between SNP3 and lipid profile and coronary artery disease (CAD) in Tunisian type 2 diabetic patients...
- Impact of apolipoprotein A5 variants on statin treatment efficacyJaroslav A Hubacek
Cardiovascular Research Centre, IKEM DEM LMG, Videnska 1958 9, 140 21, Prague 4, Czech Republic
Pharmacogenomics 10:945-50. 2009..Apolipoprotein A5 is an important determinant of plasma lipid concentrations and its genetic variation could account for some of the observed differences in the response to statin therapy. However, this has not been analyzed before...
- Postprandial increase of plasma apoAV concentrations in Type 2 diabetic patientsValérie Pruneta-Deloche
UMR 585 INSERM INSA, Physiopathologie des Lipides et Membranes, Villeurbanne, France
Atherosclerosis 181:403-5. 2005..identified as a modulator of triglyceride (TG) metabolism, the aim of the study was to determine the postprandial apoAV profile of Type 2 diabetic patients...
- Interaction of the G182C polymorphism in the APOA5 gene and fasting plasma glucose on plasma triglycerides in Type 2 diabetic subjectsY D Jiang
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Diabet Med 22:1690-5. 2005Apolipoprotein AV (APOA5) is an important determinant of plasma triglyceride concentration...
- Variants at the APOA5 locus, association with carotid atherosclerosis, and modification by obesity: the Framingham StudyRoberto Elosua
US Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tufts University, Boston, MA, USA
J Lipid Res 47:990-6. 2006Genetic variation at the apolipoprotein A5 gene (APOA5) is associated with increased triglyceride concentrations, a risk factor for atherosclerosis. Carotid intimal medial thickness (IMT) is a surrogate measure of atherosclerosis burden...
- Strong linkage disequilibrium and association of -1131T>C and c.553G>T polymorphisms of the apolipoprotein A5 gene with hypertriglyceridemia in a Japanese populationAkira Matsunaga
Department of Cardiology, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Johnan ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Circ J 71:746-52. 2007The apolipoprotein A5 gene (ApoA5) plays an important role in modulating triglyceride metabolism. Polymorphisms of ApoA5, including -1131T>C and c.553G>T (G185C), have been reported to correlate with hypertriglyceridemia (HTG)...
- A case-control study of apoA5 -1131T-->C polymorphism that examines the role of triglyceride levels in diabetic nephropathyLarry Baum
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
J Diabetes Complications 21:158-63. 2007..The apolipoprotein A5 (apoA5) -1131T-->C polymorphism has a large effect on the TG level, and all three genotypes are relatively common in ..
- Determinants of plasma apolipoprotein A-V and APOA5 gene transcripts in humansP Hahne
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Paracelsus Medical University, Salzburg, Austria
J Intern Med 264:452-62. 2008..We therefore ascertained determinants of hepatic APOA5 transcript and apoAV plasma levels in humans.
- The APOA5 Trp19 allele is associated with metabolic syndrome via its association with plasma triglyceridesJean Dallongeville
Institut Pasteur de Lille, INSERM, U744, Universite de Lille 2, Lille, France
BMC Med Genet 9:84. 2008The goal of the present study was to assess the effect of genetic variability at the APOA5/A4/C3/A1 cluster locus on the risk of metabolic syndrome.
- Common variation in the beta-carotene 15,15'-monooxygenase 1 gene affects circulating levels of carotenoids: a genome-wide association studyLuigi Ferrucci
Longitudinal Studies Section, Clinical Research Branch, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, United States of America
Am J Hum Genet 84:123-33. 2009..05). The SNP rs12272004, in linkage disequilibrium with the S19W variant in the APOA5 gene, was associated with alpha-tocopherol (meta-analysis p = 7...
- Apolipoprotein A-V variant (T-1131>C) affects plasma levels of non-high-density lipoprotein cholesterol in CaucasiansJaroslav A Hubacek
Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
Exp Clin Cardiol 13:129-32. 2008The importance of apolipoprotein A-V (APOAV) gene variants in the determination of plasma triglyceride levels in humans has been proven in several population studies.
- APOA5-1131T>C genotype effects on apolipoprotein A5 and triglyceride levels in response to dietary intervention and regular exercise (DIRE) in hypertriglyceridemic subjectsYangsoo Jang
Yonsei University Research Institute of Science for Aging, Yonsei University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Atherosclerosis 211:512-9. 2010We aimed to determine the influence of apolipoprotein A5 gene (APOA5)-1131T>C single nucleotide polymorphism on the effects of dietary intervention and regular exercise (DIRE) targeting ApoA5 and triglyceride (TG) concentrations.
- Association between polymorphisms in MTHFR and APOA5 and metabolic syndrome in the Greek populationYiannis Vasilopoulos
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, University of Thessaly, Larissa, Greece
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 15:613-7. 2011..308G>A), methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) (c.677C>T), APOC3 (c.3175C>G), and APOA5 (g...
- Elevated levels of triglyceride and triglyceride-rich lipoprotein triglyceride induced by a high-carbohydrate diet is associated with polymorphisms of APOA5-1131T>C and APOC3-482C>T in Chinese healthy young adultsJia Lin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, West China School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, and State Key Laboratory of Oral Diseases, Sichuan University, Chengdu, PR China
Ann Nutr Metab 58:150-7. 2011..Therefore, 2 polymorphisms, i.e. APOA5-1131T>C and APOC3-482C>T, and serum lipids were examined in a Chinese healthy young population with high-..
- -1131T>C and SW19 polymorphisms in APOA5 gene and lipid levels in type 2 diabetic patientsMirelle O Sóter
Department of Clinical and Toxicological Analysis, Faculty of Pharmacy, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Antônio Carlos Avenue, 6627 Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais 31270 901, Brazil
Mol Biol Rep 39:7541-8. 2012..Polymorphisms in Apolipoprotein A5 gene (APOA5) have been associated with increased triglyceride levels in many different populations...
- Apolipoprotein A5 and lipoprotein lipase interact to modulate anthropometric measures in Hispanics of Caribbean originCaren E Smith
Jean Mayer US Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:327-32. 2010Apolipoprotein A5 (APOA5) and lipoprotein lipase (LPL) proteins interact functionally to regulate lipid metabolism, and single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) for each gene have also been associated independently with obesity risk...
- Contribution of APOA5 gene variants to plasma triglyceride determination and to the response to both fat and glucose tolerance challengesSteve Martin
Division of Cardiovascular Genetics, Department of Medicine, British Heart Foundation Laboratories, Rayne Building, Royal Free and University College Medical School, 5 University Street, WC1E 6JF, London, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1637:217-25. 2003The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of APOA5 variants on fasting lipids and to the response to both an oral fat tolerance test (OFTT) and an oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT)...
- T-1131-->C polymorphism within the apolipoprotein AV gene in hypertriglyceridemic individualsA Horinek
Atherosclerosis 167:369-70. 2003
- Apolipoprotein A-V: a potential modulator of plasma triglyceride levels in TurksUgur Hodoglugil
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Lipid Res 47:144-53. 2006The apolipoprotein A-V gene (APOA5) plays an important role in determining plasma triglyceride levels...
- The -1131T>C polymorphism in the apolipoprotein A5 gene is related to hypertriglyceridemia in Taiwanese aboriginesMeng Chuan Huang
Department of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, and Faculty of Respiratory Care, Kaohsiung Medical University, and Department of Nutrition, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 24:171-9. 2008....
- Apolipoprotein A-V: a novel apolipoprotein associated with an early phase of liver regenerationH N van der Vliet
Department of Experimental Hepatology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam 1105 AZ, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 276:44512-20. 2001..The protein was present in plasma fractions containing high density lipoprotein particles. Therefore, we have identified a novel apolipoprotein, designated apolipoprotein A-V, that is associated with an early phase of liver regeneration...
- Apolipoprotein A5, a newly identified gene that affects plasma triglyceride levels in humans and miceLen A Pennacchio
Department of Genome Sciences, MS 84 171, One Cyclotron Rd, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, Calif 94720, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:529-34. 2003Apolipoprotein A5 (APOA5) is a newly described member of the apolipoprotein gene family whose initial discovery arose from comparative sequence analysis of the mammalian APOA1/C3/A4 gene cluster...
- Investigation of variants identified in caucasian genome-wide association studies for plasma high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and triglycerides levels in Mexican dyslipidemic study samplesDaphna Weissglas-Volkov
Department of Human Genetics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7088, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 3:31-8. 2010....
- The single nucleotide polymorphism -1131T>C in the apolipoprotein A5 (APOA5) gene is associated with elevated triglycerides in patients with hyperlipidemiaD Evans
Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin, Medizinische Klinik I, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 81:645-54. 2003The -1131T>C polymorphism in the newly identified apolipoprotein A5 (APOA5) gene has been associated with elevated plasma triglycerides. We determined its incidence in 915 patients attending a lipid outpatient clinic...
- Association between DNA variant sites in the apolipoprotein A5 gene and coronary heart disease in ChineseHekun Liu
State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, Division of Human Morbid Genomics, Department of Medical Genetics, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Metabolism 54:568-72. 2005The recently discovered apolipoprotein A5 ( APOA5 ) gene has been shown to be important in determining plasma triglyceride levels, a major cardiovascular disease risk factor...
- The genetic effect of the apoprotein AV gene on the serum triglyceride level in JapaneseToru Nabika
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Shimane Medical University, 693 8501, Izumo, Japan
Atherosclerosis 165:201-4. 2002The newly identified apoprotein AV (apoAV) gene was suggested to have a significant effect on triglyceride (TG) metabolism in Caucasians. We studied the genetic effect of this gene on serum TG in a Japanese population...
- Relative contribution of variation within the APOC3/A4/A5 gene cluster in determining plasma triglyceridesPhilippa J Talmud
Division of Cardiovascular Genetics, Department of Medicine, British Heart Foundation Laboratories, Rayne Building, Royal Free and University College Medical School, 5 University Street, London WC1E 6JJ, UK
Hum Mol Genet 11:3039-46. 2002..Mouse models indicate an inverse relationship between levels of the newly identified apolipoprotein AV (APOAV) and TG concentrations...
- The influence of APOAV polymorphisms (T-1131>C and S19>W) on plasma triglyceride levels and risk of myocardial infarctionJ A Hubacek
Center for Experimental Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
Clin Genet 65:126-30. 2004The importance of an APOAV gene for plasma triglyceride level determination has been shown on transgenic and knockout mice...
- Polymorphisms in the APOA1/C3/A4/A5 gene cluster and cholesterol responsiveness to dietary changeJaroslav A Hubacek
Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic and Cardiovascular Research Center, Prague, Czech Republic
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:316-20. 2007..We analyzed the effect of variation in the apolipoprotein (APO) APOA1/C3/A4/A5 gene cluster on decreases in plasma cholesterol levels over an 8-year follow-up study...
- In vivo characterization of human APOA5 haplotypesNadav Ahituv
Genomics Division, MS 84 171, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Genomics 90:674-9. 2007..support a reproducible genetic association between two minor haplotypes in the human apolipoprotein A5 gene (APOA5) and increased plasma triglyceride concentrations...
- Effects of six APOA5 variants, identified in patients with severe hypertriglyceridemia, on in vitro lipoprotein lipase activity and receptor bindingB Dorfmeister
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Genetics, UCL, London, UK
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:1866-71. 2008The purpose of this study was to identify rare APOA5 variants in 130 severe hypertriglyceridemic patients by sequencing, and to test their functionality, since no patient recall was possible.
- Two independent apolipoprotein A5 haplotypes influence human plasma triglyceride levelsLen A Pennacchio
Genome Sciences Department, MS 84 171, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, One Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Hum Mol Genet 11:3031-8. 2002The recently identified apolipoprotein A5 gene (APOA5) has been shown to play an important role in determining plasma triglyceride concentrations in humans and mice...
- Consistent effects of genes involved in reverse cholesterol transport on plasma lipid and apolipoprotein levels in CARDIA participantsKathy L E Klos
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Public Health, Human Genetics Center, P O Box 20186, Houston, Texas 77225, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:1828-36. 2006..To identify common variations in genes in the reverse cholesterol transport pathway with nongender-specific influence on plasma lipid and apolipoprotein levels...
- New variants in the apolipoprotein AV gene in individuals with extreme triglyceride levelsJ A Hubacek
Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, First Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 53:225-8. 2004Animal studies (on transgenic and knock-out mice) and human association analysis assessed the importance of APOAV gene for plasma triglyceride determination...
- Mechanism of triglyceride lowering in mice expressing human apolipoprotein A5Jamila Fruchart-Najib
Departement d Atherosclerose, UR 545 INSERM, Institut Pasteur de Lille et Université de Lille II, 1 rue du Pr Calmette BP 245, 59019 Lille Cedex, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 319:397-404. 2004Overexpression of human APOA5 in mice results in dramatically decreased plasma triglyceride levels. In this study we explored the mechanism underlying this hypotriglyceridemic effect...
- Influence of the APOA5 locus on plasma triglyceride, lipoprotein subclasses, and CVD risk in the Framingham Heart StudyChao Qiang Lai
Nutrition and Genomics Laboratory, Jean Mayer United States Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA, USA
J Lipid Res 45:2096-105. 2004Several polymorphisms in the APOA5 gene have been associated with increased plasma triglyceride (TG) concentrations...
- APOA5 polymorphisms influence plasma triglycerides in young, healthy African Americans and whites of the CARDIA StudyKathy L E Klos
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Lipid Res 46:564-71. 2005Genetic variation in the apolipoprotein A-V gene (APOA5) has been associated with variation in plasma triglyceride (TG) levels in African American and white females and males older than 40 years and/or at increased risk of coronary ..
- Insulin-mediated down-regulation of apolipoprotein A5 gene expression through the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway: role of upstream stimulatory factorMaxime Nowak
Parc Eurasanté Université de Lille 2, 885 Ave Eugène Avinée, 59120 Loos, France
Mol Cell Biol 25:1537-48. 2005The apolipoprotein A5 gene (APOA5) has been repeatedly implicated in lowering plasma triglyceride levels...
- A genetic variant c.553G > T in the apolipoprotein A5 gene is associated with an increased risk of coronary artery disease and altered triglyceride levels in a Chinese populationYibo Tang
Atherosclerosis Research Center, Nanjing Medical University, No 140 Hanzhong Road, Nanjing 210029, China
Atherosclerosis 185:433-7. 2006..playing an important role in TG metabolism named apolipoprotein AV (apoAV) was discovered, which is encoded by the APOA5 gene...
- APOA5 and triglyceride metabolism, lesson from human APOA5 deficiencySebastiano Calandra
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Curr Opin Lipidol 17:122-7. 2006In this review we compare the phenotype and lipoprotein abnormalities of some patients who were found to carry mutations in the APOA5 gene predicted to result in apolipoprotein A-V deficiency.
- Prediction of genetic risk for metabolic syndromeYoshiji Yamada
Department of Human Functional Genomics, Life Science Research Center, Mie University, 1577 Kurima machiya, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Atherosclerosis 191:298-304. 2007..The aim of the study was to identify gene polymorphisms that confer susceptibility to metabolic syndrome in order to allow reliable assessment of genetic risk for this condition...
- Longitudinal analysis of haplotypes and polymorphisms of the APOA5 and APOC3 genes associated with variation in serum triglyceride levels: the Bogalusa Heart StudyD Michael Hallman
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas, Houston Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77225, USA
Metabolism 55:1574-81. 2006Polymorphisms in the APOC3 and APOA5 genes, from the APOA1/APOC3/APOA4/APOA5 gene cluster on chromosome 11q23, have been associated with interindividual variation in plasma triglycerides...
- APOA5 variants and metabolic syndrome in CaucasiansHarald Grallert
Institute of Epidemiology, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Neuherberg, Germany
J Lipid Res 48:2614-21. 2007Apolipoprotein A5 (APOA5) gene variants were reported to be associated with two components of metabolic syndrome (MetS): higher TG levels and lower HDL levels...
- Genetic association study of APOA1/C3/A4/A5 gene cluster and haplotypes on triglyceride and HDL cholesterol in a community-based populationKuo Liong Chien
Institute of Preventive Medicine, School of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
Clin Chim Acta 388:78-83. 2008..reported 6 polymorphisms, APOA1 -75G>A, APOA1 83C>T, APOC3 3175C>G, APOC3 3206G>T, APOA4 127A>G, and APOA5 553G>T in APOA1/C3/A4/A5 gene and the haplotype structures on triglyceride and HDL traits among ethnic Chinese.
- Haplotype analysis of the apolipoprotein A5 gene in patients with the metabolic syndromeP Kisfali
Department of Medical Genetics and Child Development, University of Pecs, Pecs, Hungary
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 20:505-11. 2010In recent studies, the T-1131C variant of apolipoprotein A5 (APOA5) gene was found to confer a risk for metabolic syndrome (MS)...
- Genetic analysis of a polymorphism in the human apoA-V gene: effect on plasma lipidsBradley E Aouizerat
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Lipid Res 44:1167-73. 2003Recent discovery and characterization of APOAV suggests a role in metabolism of triglyceride (TG)-rich lipoproteins. Previously, variation at the APOAV locus was shown to modestly influence plasma TGs in normolipidemic samples...
- Inherited apolipoprotein A-V deficiency in severe hypertriglyceridemiaClaudio Priore Oliva
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:411-7. 2005..Because inactivation or hyperexpression of APOA5 gene, encoding apolipoprotein A-V (apoA-V), causes a marked increase or decrease of plasma triglycerides in mice, ..
- Is apolipoprotein A5 a novel regulator of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins?Heidelinde Jakel
Departement d Atherosclerose, UR545 INSERM, Universite de Lille II, Loos, France
Ann Med 38:2-10. 2006..Recently, apolipoprotein A5 (APOA5) was identified as a novel member of the APOA1/C3/A4 gene cluster...
- Associations of the apolipoprotein A1/C3/A4/A5 gene cluster with triglyceride and HDL cholesterol levels in women with type 2 diabetesLu Qi
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115, United States
Atherosclerosis 192:204-10. 2007..A linkage disequilibrium (LD) breakdown was observed between APOA5 and other genes. APOA5 S19W was associated with significantly higher fasting TG levels (P=0.001)...
- Increased concentrations of circulating vitamin E in carriers of the apolipoprotein A5 gene - 1131T>C variant and associations with plasma lipids and lipid peroxidationIsabella Sundl
Human Nutrition and Metabolism Research and Training Center, Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Karl Franzens University, Graz, Austria
J Lipid Res 48:2506-13. 2007The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of the apolipoprotein A5 (APOA5) 1131T>C gene variant on vitamin E status and lipid profile...
- APOA5 genetic variants are markers for classic hyperlipoproteinemia phenotypes and hypertriglyceridemiaJian Wang
Vascular Biology Research Group, Robarts Research Institute and Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, ON N6A 5K8, Canada
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 5:730-7. 2008..In an attempt to identify other useful variants, we evaluated the association of two common APOA5 single-nucleotide polymorphisms across the range of classic hyperlipoproteinemia phenotypes.
- Genetic studies on the APOA1-C3-A5 gene cluster in Asian Indians with premature coronary artery diseaseJayashree Shanker
Mary and Garry Weston Functional Genomics Unit, Thrombosis Research Institute, Bangalore, India
Lipids Health Dis 7:33. 2008..namely the -75G>A, +83C>T SNPs in the APOA1 gene, the Sac1 SNP in the APOC3 gene and the S19W variant in the APOA5 gene to plasma lipids and CAD in 190 affected sibling pairs (ASPs) belonging to Asian Indian families with a ..
- Genetic variants on apolipoprotein gene cluster influence triglycerides with a risk of coronary artery disease among IndiansManickaraj AshokKumar
International Centre for Cardiothoracic and Vascular Diseases, Frontier Lifeline, Chennai, India
Mol Biol Rep 37:521-7. 2010..We conclude that the variants on apolipoprotein C3 and apolipoprotien A5 modulate serum triglyceride levels and increase the risk of coronary artery disease...
- Apolipoprotein A5 polymorphisms interact with total dietary fat intake in association with markers of metabolic syndrome in Puerto Rican older adultsJosiemer Mattei
Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Nutr 139:2301-8. 2009b>APOA5 -1131T > C and S19W single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) have been consistently associated with plasma lipid concentration and metabolic syndrome (MetS), alone and in modulation by dietary factors...
- Different effects of apolipoprotein A5 SNPs and haplotypes on triglyceride concentration in three ethnic originsGie Ken-Dror
Division of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Hum Genet 55:300-7. 2010Several polymorphisms in the ApoA5 gene emerged as important candidate genes in triglyceride metabolism...
- Triglyceride-mediated pathways and coronary disease: collaborative analysis of 101 studiesNadeem Sarwar
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, Strangeways Research Laboratory, Wort s Causeway, Cambridge CB1 8RN, UK
Lancet 375:1634-9. 2010..Whether triglyceride-mediated pathways are causally relevant to coronary heart disease is uncertain. We studied a genetic variant that regulates triglyceride concentration to help judge likelihood of causality...
- Apolipoprotein a5 gene polymorphism and risk for metabolic syndrome: a meta-analysisCun Fei Liu
Department of Geriatrics, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, P R China
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 16:1241-5. 2012Many studies have focused on the association between the apolipoprotein A5 (ApoA5) polymorphism and the risk of metabolic syndrome (MetS). However, these studies drew inconsistent conclusions...
- The human apolipoprotein AV gene is regulated by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha and contains a novel farnesoid X-activated receptor response elementXavier Prieur
GlaxoSmithKline, 25 Avenue du Quebec, 91951 Les Ulis Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 278:25468-80. 2003The newly identified apolipoprotein AV (apoAV) gene is a key player in determining plasma triglyceride concentrations...
- The apolipoprotein AV gene and diurnal triglyceridaemia in normolipidaemic subjectsLluis Masana
Unitat de Recerca de Lipids i Arteriosclerosi, Institut de Recerca en Ciències de la Salut, Hospital Universitari de Sant Joan, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Reus, Spain
Clin Chem Lab Med 41:517-21. 2003The newly recognised apolipoprotein (apo) AV gene (APOAV) has been linked to fasting plasma triglyceride (TG) concentrations with some polymorphisms associated with elevated fasting TGs...
- Genetic variants in Apolipoprotein AV alter triglyceride concentrations in pregnancyKirsten J Ward
Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Science, Peninsula Medical School, Barrack Road, Exeter, EX2 5DW, UK
Lipids Health Dis 2:9. 2003..those in the Apolipoprotein E (ApoE), Lipoprotein Lipase (LPL), and most recently, the Apolipoprotein AV (ApoAV) gene...
- Association of apolipoprotein A5 variants with LDL particle size and triglyceride in Japanese AmericansMelissa A Austin
Department of Epidemiology and Institute for Public Health Genetics, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, 1959 N E Pacific Ave, Box 357236, Seattle, WA 98195 7236, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1688:1-9. 2004A new apolipoprotein (apo) gene, APOA5, was recently identified on chromosome 11q23, and common variants in the gene have been associated with plasma triglyceride (TG) levels in several studies...
- Polymorphism in the promoter region of the apolipoprotein A5 gene is associated with an increased susceptibility for coronary artery diseaseCsaba Szalai
Section of Molecular Immunology, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
Atherosclerosis 173:109-14. 2004..Recently, a T/C polymorphism in the promoter region of the apoA5 gene at position 1131 has been found that is associated with an increased plasma TG concentration...
- APOA5 gene polymorphism modulates levels of triglyceride, HDL cholesterol and FERHDL but is not a risk factor for coronary artery diseaseKenny W J Lee
James Hogg iCAPTURE Centre of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Research and the Healthy Heart Program, St Paul s Hospital, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6Z 1Y6
Atherosclerosis 176:165-72. 2004Variation in the APOA5 gene has been shown to be associated with triglyceride levels in several independent population studies...
- The liver X receptor ligand T0901317 down-regulates APOA5 gene expression through activation of SREBP-1cHeidelinde Jakel
Departement d Atherosclerose, UR545 INSERM, Institut Pasteur de Lille and Faculté de Pharmacie de Lille, 1 rue du Pr Calmette BP 245, 59019 Lille Cedex, France, Genfit SA, Loos F 59120, France
J Biol Chem 279:45462-9. 2004..In this study, we investigated the contribution of APOA5 to the liver X receptor (LXR) ligand-mediated effect on plasma triglyceride levels...
- A single nucleotide polymorphism -1131T>C in the apolipoprotein A5 gene is associated with an increased risk of coronary artery disease and alters triglyceride metabolism in ChineseNan Bi
National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Mol Genet Metab 83:280-6. 2004..Variants in the newly identified apolipoprotein APOA5 gene were found to be strongly associated with elevated TG levels in different racial groups...
- The expression of intact and mutant human apoAI/CIII/AIV/AV gene cluster in transgenic miceJun Gao
National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100005, People s Republic of China
J Biol Chem 280:12559-66. 2005..determine the expression of all four apo genes in combination and, most importantly, whether the transcription of apoAV is coregulated by the apoCIII enhancer in the cluster, we generated an intact transgenic line carrying the 116-kb ..
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor-4alpha regulates the human apolipoprotein AV gene: identification of a novel response element and involvement in the control by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1alpha, AMP-activated protein kinase, anXavier Prieur
GlaxoSmithKline, 25 Avenue du Quebec, 91951 Les Ulis Cedex, France
Mol Endocrinol 19:3107-25. 2005The recently discovered apolipoprotein AV (apoAV) gene has been reported to be a key player in modulating plasma triglyceride levels...
- Genetic variations of apolipoprotein A5 gene is associated with the risk of coronary artery disease among Chinese in TaiwanLung An Hsu
The First Cardiovascular Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, No 199, Tung Hwa North Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Atherosclerosis 185:143-9. 2006Recently, a T/C polymorphism of the promoter region of the APOA5 gene at position -1131 and a G/T polymorphism at position 553 were found to be associated with increased levels of plasma triglyceride...
- APOC3/A5 haplotypes, lipid levels, and risk of myocardial infarction in the Central Valley of Costa RicaEdward A Ruiz-Narváez
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
J Lipid Res 46:2605-13. 2005Genetic variation in the APOC3 and APOA5 genes has been associated with plasma triglyceride concentrations and may affect the risk of myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Impact of APOA5/A4/C3 genetic polymorphisms on lipid variables and cardiovascular disease risk in French menJean Dallongeville
Service d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique INSERM U 508 and Departement d atherosclerose, lnstitut Pasteur de Lille, France
Int J Cardiol 106:152-6. 2006The goal of the present study was to assess the impact of 4 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of APOA5/A4/C3 gene cluster on lipid levels and coronary heart disease (CHD) risk in French men.
- APO A-V-1131T-->C polymorphism frequency and its association with morbidity in a Brazilian elderly populationElizabeth S Chen
Disciplina de Genetica, Departamento de Morfologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Escola Paulista de Medicina Unifesp EPM, Brazil
Clin Chem Lab Med 44:32-6. 2006..Therefore, the C allele in elderly Brazilian subjects may represent a risk factor for these morbidity interactions, which may lead to better comprehension of their pathophysiology...
- APOA5 variant Ser19Trp influences a decrease of the total cholesterol in a male 8 year cohortJ A Hubacek
Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
Clin Biochem 39:133-6. 2006..To evaluate whether the relationship between dietary composition and plasma lipid levels is genetically determined...
- Apolipoproteins C-III and A-V as predictors of very-low-density lipoprotein triglyceride and apolipoprotein B-100 kineticsDick C Chan
Metabolic Research Center, School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:590-6. 2006..We also explored the relationship between these parameters of VLDL metabolism and VLDL-apoC-III kinetics...
- Dietary intake of n-6 fatty acids modulates effect of apolipoprotein A5 gene on plasma fasting triglycerides, remnant lipoprotein concentrations, and lipoprotein particle size: the Framingham Heart StudyChao Qiang Lai
Nutrition and Genomics Laboratory, JM USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Circulation 113:2062-70. 2006Apolipoprotein A5 gene (APOA5) variation is associated with plasma triglycerides (TGs). However, little is known about whether dietary fat modulates this association.
- Plasma apoAV levels are markedly elevated in severe hypertriglyceridemia and positively correlated with the APOA5 S19W polymorphismPeter Henneman
Department of Human Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Atherosclerosis 193:129-34. 2007The recently discovered apoAV is hypothesized to affect triglyceride metabolism by stimulating the lipolysis of triglycerides in VLDL and chylomicrons...
- Comparison of low-fat meal and high-fat meal on postprandial lipemic response in non-obese men according to the -1131T>C polymorphism of the apolipoprotein A5 (APOA5) gene (randomized cross-over design)Ji Young Kim
Yonsei University Research Institute of Science for Aging, Yonsei University, Shinchon Ding, Sudaemun gu, Seoul, Korea
J Am Coll Nutr 25:340-7. 2006..meal and high-fat (HF) meal on the postprandial lipemic responses according to the -1131T>C polymorphism of the APOA5 gene in a population usually consuming a LF diet and having a high frequency of the variant allele at the APOA5 -..
- Apolipoprotein A5 gene promoter region T-1131C polymorphism associates with elevated circulating triglyceride levels and confers susceptibility for development of ischemic strokeViktoria Havasi
Department of Medical Genetics and Child Development, University of Pecs, Pecs, Hungary
J Mol Neurosci 29:177-83. 2006..The level of TG was increased in all groups (p < 0.01). The apoA5-1131C allele frequency was approximately twofold in all groups of stroke patients compared with the controls (5 vs ..
- Apolipoprotein A-V gene polymorphism -1131T>C and Alzheimer's diseaseFábio Augusto Freiria Barbosa
Mestrado en Biologia Oral, USC Universidade do Sagrado Coração, Bauru, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Alzheimers Dis 10:365-9. 2006..b>APOA5 is a recently discovered apolipoprotein involved primarily with triglyceride (TG) metabolism disorder...
- Lipoprotein Metabolism 2008 Gordon Research ConferenceRobert Hegele; Fiscal Year: 2008..End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Apolipoprotein A-V: A Functional Proteomics StudyROBERT O apos MARA RYAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Adenovirus mediated gene transfer into apoa5 (-/-) mice will be performed to evaluate in vivo the ability of specific apoA-V variants to influence plasma TG ..
- Pretreatment genotyping at APOA5 and GCKR loci and response to fenofibrate therapEdmond Kato Kabagambe; Fiscal Year: 2010..Among Caucasians, we have identified two polymorphisms, one in the apolipoprotein A5 (ApoA5, rs3135506) gene and another detected by genome wide association in the glucose kinase regulatory protein (GCKR, ..
- Ann Hwee Lee; Fiscal Year: 2015..that CREB-H deficiency was associated with decreased expression of the LPL coactivators, Apoc2, Apoa4, and Apoa5 apolipoproteins and concurrent augmentation of the LPL inhibitor, Apoc3...
- Soumya Swaminathan; Fiscal Year: 2014..Specifically, we will study the role of genetic factors (single nucleotide polymorphisms in APOA5, APOC3, APOE, CETP and PLIN genes) in the development of metabolic complications, namely fat redistribution, ..
- A High-Resolution Enhancer Atlas of the Developing ForebrainLEN ALEXANDER PENNACCHIO; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies are likely to have implications in defining the role of these switches for normal brain function and how they go awry in human brain diseases. ..
- Genetic and Genomic Analysis of apoAVLen Pennacchio; Fiscal Year: 2006..of the chromosome 11 apolipoprotein (apoAI, apoCIII, apoAIV) gene cluster which we have named apolipoprotein AV (apoAV)...
- Phase II study of cholic acid for hepatic steatosis in *Abhimanyu Garg; Fiscal Year: 2008..The effectiveness of cholic acid in reducing hepatic steatosis in humans remains unknown. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genotypes, Haplotypes, and Blood Pressure Change from Childhood to AdulthoodDAVID MICHAEL HALLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Quantitation of Tocopherol Metabolism in HumansANDREW JOSEPH CLIFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Particular attention will be directed to the absorption phase. The results are expected to provide information about vitamin E biopotency and eventually improved Dietary Recommendations. ..
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF APOLIPOPROTEIN A-IVRichard B Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..We believe that these studies will provide new knowledge on the function of apo A-IV in the complex process of lipoprotein assembly relevant to the dietary control of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease and obesity. ..
- Novel Therapies for Metabolic Complications in Patients with LipodystrophiesAbhimanyu Garg; Fiscal Year: 2010..Additionally, the findings may be applicable to treating metabolic complications in patients with obesity and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Quantitation of In Vivo Human Lutein MetabolismANDREW JOSEPH CLIFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, the purpose of this study is to determine how the human body uses lutein and other related compounds. ..
- Genomic dissection of a QTL affecting the lipid profileMichael Olivier; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Therapeutic Approaches to HAART-Induced LipodystrophyAbhimanyu Garg; Fiscal Year: 2006..Additionally, the study may help prevent these problems in HIV-infected patients being initiated on PI-containing HAART. ..
- IN VIVO DYNAMIC OF BETA-CAROTENE METABOLISM IN HUMANSAndrew Clifford; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- DYNAMIC AND KINETIC BEHAVIOR OF FOLATE METABOLISMAndrew Clifford; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will determine the in vivo kinetic behavior of a tracer dose of folate in blood, urine, and stool. We will then compare the behavior of folate metabolism (functional endpoint) among the various genotypes. ..
- Negotiating Complexity: Common Disease & Diverse GenomesSTEPHANIE FULLERTON; Fiscal Year: 2004..Research methods will include extensive archival research (of both primary data reports and related press coverage) as well as semi-structured interviews with human geneticists. ..
- COMPARATIVE GENOMIC ANALYSIS OF CARDIOVASCULAR GENE REGURonald Krauss; Fiscal Year: 2003..6) The establishment of an educational program for cardiovascular researchers in the use of genomic databases and tools. ..
- MECHANISMS OF LIPODYSTROPHY IN HIV INFECTED PATIENTSAbhimanyu Garg; Fiscal Year: 2002..Additionally, the study may prove effectiveness and reduced toxicity of alternative antiretroviral regimens without a PI. ..
- Pilot Study of Pancreas Cancer & Diabetes Genes in CARETMelissa Austin; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results may facilitate translational studies of early detection and prevention of pancreatic cancer, especially among patients diagnosed with diabetes. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGY OF CHANGE IN CVD RISK FACTORSDAVID MICHAEL HALLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Genes, Hormomes, Growth, and Body Fat: Project HeartBeatDAVID MICHAEL HALLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our analyses may also help identify genetic variants that may predispose some individuals toward obesity. ..
- New ECG Criteria for Posterior Myocardial InfarctionShu Fen Wung; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will aid in the detection and follow-up of patients with posterior myocardial infarction. ..
- Neonatal Nutrition and the Genetics of Human LactationRichard Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..This knowledge could eventually enable the identification of women who require specific fatty acid or vitamin supplementation to assure optimal infant nutrition. ..
- GENETICS OF THE METABOLIC SYNDROME IN JAPANESE AMERICANSMelissa Austin; Fiscal Year: 2002....