Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AP1S3
Description: adaptor related protein complex 1 sigma 3 subunit
Alias: PSORS15, AP-1 complex subunit sigma-3, adapter-related protein complex 1 subunit sigma-1C, adaptor protein complex AP-1 sigma-1C subunit, adaptor-related protein complex 1 subunit sigma-1C, clathrin assembly protein complex 1 sigma-1C small chain, golgi adaptor HA1/AP1 adaptin sigma-1C subunit, sigma 1C subunit of AP-1 clathrin
- A dileucine motif in HIV-1 Nef acts as an internalization signal for CD4 downregulation and binds the AP-1 clathrin adaptorP A Bresnahan
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco 94141, USA
Curr Biol 8:1235-8. 1998..Our findings also reveal an evolutionary difference between HIV-1 and HIV-2/SIV in which the Nef proteins utilize structurally distinct motifs for binding cellular adaptors...
- A dileucine motif in HIV-1 Nef is essential for sorting into clathrin-coated pits and for downregulation of CD4M Greenberg
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York 11724, USA
Curr Biol 8:1239-42. 1998..Thus, the dileucine motif in HIV-1 is required for CD4 downregulation and for interaction with clathrin adaptor complexes...
- Interactions of the cytoplasmic domains of human and simian retroviral transmembrane proteins with components of the clathrin adaptor complexes modulate intracellular and cell surface expression of envelope glycoproteinsC Berlioz-Torrent
CJF 97 03 INSERM, Interactions Moléculaires, Hôte Pathogène, Institut Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, 75014 Paris, France
J Virol 73:1350-61. 1999....
- The highly conserved C-terminal dileucine motif in the cytosolic domain of the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 envelope glycoprotein is critical for its association with the AP-1 clathrin adaptor [correction of adapter]S Wyss
Institute of Microbiology, University of Lausanne, CH 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Virol 75:2982-92. 2001..Finally, the C-terminal dileucine was shown to assist the membrane-proximal Y712 motif in restricting the cell surface expression of Env...
- Leucine-specific, functional interactions between human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Nef and adaptor protein complexesScott H Coleman
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0679, USA
J Virol 79:2066-78. 2005..This binding likely underlies the unusual ability of Nef to induce the stabilization of these complexes on endosomal membranes, an activity that correlates with enhancement of viral replication...
- HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein biosynthesis, trafficking, and incorporationMary Ann Checkley
Virus Cell Interaction Section, HIV Drug Resistance Program, NCI Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
J Mol Biol 410:582-608. 2011..Here, we review our current understanding of HIV-1 Env glycoprotein trafficking and incorporation into virions...
- HIV-1 Nef stabilizes the association of adaptor protein complexes with membranesKaty Janvier
Institut Cochin, Department of Infectious Diseases, INSERM U567 CNRS UMR8104, Universite Paris V, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, France
J Biol Chem 278:8725-32. 2003..The stabilization of these complexes on membranes may underlie the pleiotropic effects of Nef on protein trafficking within the endosomal system...
- AP1S3 Mutations Cause Skin Autoinflammation by Disrupting Keratinocyte Autophagy and Up-Regulating IL-36 ProductionSatveer K Mahil
Division of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, King s College London, London, UK
J Invest Dermatol 136:2251-2259. 2016..We specifically characterized the impact of mutations affecting AP1S3, a disease gene previously identified by our group and validated here in a newly ascertained patient resource...
- AP1S3 is required for hepatitis C virus infection by stabilizing E2 proteinXiang Li
MOH Key Laboratory of Systems Biology of Pathogens, Institute of Pathogen Biology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, 100176, China
Antiviral Res 131:26-34. 2016..Here, we identified adaptor protein complex 1 sigma 3 subunit (AP1S3) as a dependency factor for the efficient HCV infection in hepatoma cells. AP1S3 silencing in cultivated Huh7.5...
- Whole genome methylation analyses of schizophrenia patients before and after treatmentBlaga Rukova
Department of Medical Genetics, Medical University of Sofia, Sofia, Bulgaria
Biotechnol Biotechnol Equip 28:518-524. 2014..i>ZNF311) and male schizophrenia patients with complete remission and control male pool after treatment (AP1S3, C16orf59, KCNK15, LOC146336, MGC16384, XRN2) that potentially could be ..
- Monogenic autoinflammatory diseases: CytokinopathiesFiona Moghaddas
Inflammation Division, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville 3052, Australia Department of Medical Biology, The University of Melbourne, Parkville 3010, Australia
Cytokine 74:237-46. 2015..IFN) and the interferonopathies, with mutations in the sensors STING and MDA5, the upstream signalling regulator AP1S3, and a downstream inhibitor of IFN signalling, ISG15...
- σ1B adaptin regulates adipogenesis by mediating the sorting of sortilin in adipose tissueJennifer Baltes
Georg August University Gottingen, Department for Cellular Biochemistry, Humboldtallee 23, D 37073 Gottingen, Germany
J Cell Sci 127:3477-87. 2014..Vertebrates express three AP1 σ1 subunit isoforms - σ1A, σ1B and σ1C (also known as AP1S1, AP1S2 and AP1S3, respectively). σ1B-deficient mice display impaired recycling of synaptic vesicles and lipodystrophy...
- AP1S3 mutations are associated with pustular psoriasis and impaired Toll-like receptor 3 traffickingNiovi Setta-Kaffetzi
Division of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, King s College London, London SE1 9RT, UK
Am J Hum Genet 94:790-7. 2014..Here, we report two founder mutations (c.11T>G [p.Phe4Cys] and c.97C>T [p.Arg33Trp]) in AP1S3, the gene encoding AP-1 complex subunit σ1C, in 15 unrelated individuals with a severe autoinflammatory skin ..
- The frantic play of the concealed HIV envelope cytoplasmic tailEveline Santos da Silva
Laboratory of Retrovirology, CRP Sante, 184 Val Fleuri, Luxembourg, L 1526
Retrovirology 10:54. 2013..It also considers the cellular and viral proteins that have been described to interact with the gp41-CT, with a particular focus on subtype-related polymorphisms...
- Adaptor protein 1 promotes cross-presentation through the same tyrosine signal in major histocompatibility complex class I as that targeted by HIV-1Deanna A Kulpa
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Virol 87:8085-98. 2013..Thus, we provide evidence for two separable cross-presentation pathways, only one of which is targeted by HIV. ..
- Replication of Caucasian loci associated with bone mineral density in KoreansY A Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yungun Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul, 110 744, Korea
Osteoporos Int 24:2603-10. 2013..We also identified four novel BMD candidate loci from the suggestive SNPs...
- HIV-1 Nef disrupts MHC-I trafficking by recruiting AP-1 to the MHC-I cytoplasmic tailJeremiah F Roeth
Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Cell Biol 167:903-13. 2004..In sum, our evidence suggests that binding of AP-1 to the Nef-MHC-I complex is an important step required for inhibition of antigen presentation by HIV...
- GGAs: roles of the different domains and comparison with AP-1 and clathrinJ Hirst
University of Cambridge, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Wellcome Trust Centre for the Study of Molecular Mechanisms in Disease, Cambridge CB2 2XY, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 12:3573-88. 2001..Together with results from other studies, our findings suggest that the GGAs act as monomeric adaptors, with the four domains involved in cargo selection, membrane localization, clathrin binding, and accessory protein recruitment...
- Interaction of HIV-1 Nef with the cellular dileucine-based sorting pathway is required for CD4 down-regulation and optimal viral infectivityH M Craig
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0679, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:11229-34. 1998..The data also suggest that an influence on the distribution of cellular transmembrane proteins may mechanistically unite two previously distinct properties of Nef: down-regulation of CD4 and enhancement of viral infectivity...
- HIV-1 Nef stabilizes AP-1 on membranes without inducing ARF1-independent de novo attachmentScott H Coleman
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093 0679, USA
Virology 345:148-55. 2006..We conclude that Nef stabilizes AP complexes on endosomal membranes after ARF1-dependent attachment. This stabilization may facilitate coat formation and stimulate the trafficking of multiple cellular proteins...
- [The HIV nef and the Kaposi-sarcoma-associated virus K3/K5 proteins: "parasites"of the endocytosis pathway]Serge Benichou
Departement de Maladies Infectieuses, INSERM U 567, CNRS UMR 8104, Institut Cochin, bâtiment Gustave Roussy, 27, rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 19:100-6. 2003..In addition, these viral factors represent valuable tools to study the pathway they are perturbing...
- Adaptins: the final recountM Boehm
Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Biol Cell 12:2907-20. 2001..Finally, we extend our survey to adaptin-related proteins such as the GGAs and stonins, which contain domains homologous to the adaptins...
- AP17 and AP19, the mammalian small chains of the clathrin-associated protein complexes show homology to Yap17p, their putative homolog in yeastT Kirchhausen
Department of Anatomy and Cellular Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Biol Chem 266:11153-7. 1991..The yeast sequence predicts Yap17p, a protein with 147 amino acids and a Mr of 17,373 that is slightly more related to the mammalian AP17 chain than to its AP19 counterpart...