Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: antiquitin
Description: aldehyde dehydrogenase 7 family member A1
Alias: ATQ1, EPD, PDE, alpha-aminoadipic semialdehyde dehydrogenase, 26g turgor protein homolog, P6c dehydrogenase, alpha-AASA dehydrogenase, antiquitin-1, betaine aldehyde dehydrogenase, delta1-piperideine-6-carboxylate dehydrogenase
Publications367 found, 100 shown here
- Increase of calmodulin activator in hypertension. Modulation by dietary sodium and calciumE Chang
Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Hypertens 3:210S-215S. 1990..The CaM activator was assessed by its capacity to stimulate a CaM-dependent phosphodiesterase (CaM-PDE). In Wistar rats, which were fed a high sodium diet (3.5%), BP significantly increased (P less than ...
- Homology between a human protein and a protein of the green garden peaP Lee
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037
Genomics 21:371-8. 1994..The deduced human protein had a molecular weight of 55,285 and was designated antiquitin because of its remarkable level of conservation through evolution...
- A gene for pyridoxine-dependent epilepsy maps to chromosome 5q31V Cormier-Daire
Department of Medical Genetics and INSERM U393, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 75015 Paris, France
Am J Hum Genet 67:991-3. 2000Pyridoxine-dependent epilepsy (PDE) is a rare autosomal recessive disorder characterized by generalized seizures in the first hours of life and responding only to pyridoxine hydrochloride...
- Epidemiology of pyridoxine dependent seizures in the NetherlandsJ V Been
Department of Paediatrics, Maastricht University Hospital, Netherlands
Arch Dis Child 90:1293-6. 2005..Pyridoxine dependent epilepsy is a rare cause of seizures in childhood. The diagnosis is made on clinical criteria, that in many cases are never met. Therefore, epidemiological data on pyridoxine dependency are scarce...
- Mutations in antiquitin in individuals with pyridoxine-dependent seizuresPhilippa B Mills
Institute of Child Health, University College London with Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children National Health Service Trust, 30 Guilford Street, London, UK
Nat Med 12:307-9. 2006..here that children with pyridoxine-dependent seizures (PDS) have mutations in the ALDH7A1 gene, which encodes antiquitin; these mutations abolish the activity of antiquitin as a delta1-piperideine-6-carboxylate (P6C)-alpha-..
- Biochemical and molecular characterization of 18 patients with pyridoxine-dependent epilepsy and mutations of the antiquitin (ALDH7A1) geneBarbara Plecko
Department of Pediatrics, Medical University Graz, Graz, Austria
Hum Mutat 28:19-26. 2007..Recently, PDE has been shown to be caused by a defect of alpha-amino adipic semialdehyde (AASA) dehydrogenase (antiquitin) in the cerebral lysine degradation pathway...
- Prevalence of ALDH7A1 mutations in 18 North American pyridoxine-dependent seizure (PDS) patientsCraig L Bennett
Division of Genetics and Developmental Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, and Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98195 6320, USA
Epilepsia 50:1167-75. 2009..Mutations of the antiquitin gene (ALDH7A1) are now recognized as the molecular basis of cases of neonatal-onset PDS.
- Pyridoxine-dependent epilepsy: normal outcome in a patient with late diagnosis after prolonged status epilepticus causing cortical blindnessG Kluger
Klinik für Neuropädiatrie und Neurologische Rehabilitation, Epilepsiezentrum für Kinder und Jugendliche, BHZ Vogtareuth, Germany
Neuropediatrics 39:276-9. 2008..alpha-aminoadipic semialdehyde dehydrogenase (antiquitin) deficiency was indicated by elevated pipecolic acid concentrations in plasma and alpha-aminoadipic semialdehyde ..
- The genotypic and phenotypic spectrum of pyridoxine-dependent epilepsy due to mutations in ALDH7A1Gunter Scharer
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Inherit Metab Dis 33:571-81. 2010..There is evidence from patients with similar genotypes for nongenetic factors contributing to the phenotypic spectrum...
- Pyridoxine-dependent seizures in Dutch patients: diagnosis by elevated urinary alpha-aminoadipic semialdehyde levelsLevinus A Bok
Department of Paediatrics, Maxima Medical Center, Veldhoven, The Netherlands
Arch Dis Child 92:687-9. 2007..Recently alpha-aminoadipic semialdehyde (alpha-AASA) dehydrogenase deficiency was identified as a major cause of PDS, which causes accumulation of both alpha-AASA and pipecolic acid (PA) in body fluids...
- Vasorelaxant effect of isoliquiritigenin, a novel soluble guanylate cyclase activator, in rat aortaS M Yu
Department of Pharmacology, Chang Gung Medical College, Kwei San, Tao Yuan
Br J Pharmacol 114:1587-94. 1995..rat aorta and carbachol-precontracted guinea-pig trachea by rolipram (phosphodiesterase, PDE IV inhibitor) was markedly enhanced by isoliquiritigenin, while response to cilostamide (PDE III inhibitor) was not ..
- Effect of nitric oxide synthase inhibitor on age-related changes in second messenger systems and calcium channels in ratsT Araki
Department of Neurology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Metab Brain Dis 12:83-92. 1997..protein kinase C (PKC), adenylyl cyclase, calcium/calmodulin-independent cyclic-AMP phosphodiesterase (cyclic-AMP PDE) and voltage-dependent L-type calcium channels in Fischer rat brain using autoradiography...
- Further analysis of the mechanisms underlying the tracheal relaxant action of SCA40S J Cook
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester
Br J Pharmacol 114:143-51. 1995..7. SCA40 (10 nM- 100 micro M) more potently inhibited the activity of cyclic AMP phosphodiesterase (PDE)than that of cyclic GMP PDE derived from homogenates of guinea-pig trachealis...
- The effect of SK&F 95654, a novel phosphodiesterase inhibitor, on cardiovascular, respiratory and platelet functionK J Murray
SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, The Frythe, Welwyn, Herts
Br J Pharmacol 107:463-70. 19921. SK&F 95654 inhibited the guanosine 3':5'-cyclic monophosphate (cyclic GMP)-inhibited phosphodiesterase (cGI-PDE) with an IC50 value of 0.7 microM...
- The influence of cell adsorbent interactions on protein adsorption in expanded bedsH M Fernandez-Lahore
Institut für Enzymtechnologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Julich, Germany
J Chromatogr A 873:195-208. 2000..Analysis of the measured RTD by the PDE model allows the calculation of the fraction of perfectly fluidised bed (phi), a parameter which may be regarded as ..
- Mechanism of the cardiovascular activity of laudanosine: comparison with papaverine and other benzylisoquinolinesS Chulia
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universitat de Valencia, Spain
Br J Pharmacol 113:1377-85. 1994..to rat cerebral cortical membranes, and on the different molecular forms of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases (PDE) isolated from bovine aorta were investigated. 2. The dose-response curve to methoxamine (3-300 micrograms kg-1, i...
- Cardiovascular effects of the calcium sensitizer, levosimendan, in heart failure induced by rapid pacing in the presence of aortic constrictionE Udvary
Department of Pharmacology, , Szeged, Hungary
Br J Pharmacol 114:656-61. 1995..effects of a novel cardiotonic drug, levosimendan, which has both calcium-sensitizing and phosphodiesterase III (PDE III) inhibitory properties, were studied in conscious dogs in which heart failure had been induced by prolonged ..
- Importance of phosphodiesterase 3 for the lipolytic response in adipose tissue during insulin-induced hypoglycemia in normal manE Moberg
Department of Medicine, Huddinge Hospital, Sweden
Horm Metab Res 30:684-8. 1998The present investigation aimed to clarify the role of phosphodiesterase (PDE) type 3 for in vivo lipolysis in human adipose tissue during simultaneous insulin and catecholamine stimulation...
- Cyclic GMP modulates release of norepinephrine from adrenergic nerves innervating canine arteriesS S Greenberg
Department of Physiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-New Jersey Medical School, Newark 07103
Am J Hypertens 4:173-6. 1991..stimulate the soluble form of the enzyme guanylate cyclase or which inhibit the enzyme cGMP phosphodiesterase (PDE), responsible for the degradation of cGMP (including endothelium-derived relaxing factor) are inhibitors of ..
- On-line identification of diastereomeric dibenzo[a,l]pyrene diol epoxide-derived deoxyadenosine adducts by capillary electrophoresis-fluorescence line-narrowing and non-line narrowing spectroscopyK P Roberts
Ames Laboratory-US Department of Energy, Iowa Sate University 50011, USA
J Chromatogr A 853:159-70. 1999..for the eight diastereomeric deoxyadenosine (dA) adducts derived from dibenzo[a,l]pyrene diol epoxide (DB[a,l]PDE)...
- Pulmonary effects of type V cyclic GMP specific phosphodiesterase inhibition in the anaesthetized guinea-pigN C Turner
SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, The Frythe, Welwyn, Herts
Br J Pharmacol 111:1198-204. 19941. We have investigated the bronchodilator potential of type V phosphodiesterase (PDE V) inhibitors in anaesthetized ventilated guinea-pigs using the potent and selective PDE V inhibitor, SK&F 96231...
- Further investigations into adenosine A1 receptor-mediated contraction in rat colonic muscularis mucosae and its augmentation by certain alkylxanthine antagonistsJ J Reeves
Department of Cellular Science, Glaxo Research, Ware, Herts
Br J Pharmacol 114:999-1004. 1995..4. The non-selective phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitor, 3-isobutyl-1-methylxanthine (1 microM) produced a marked increase in the NECA maximum without producing ..
- Cyclic AMP-specific and cyclic GMP-specific phosphodiesterase isoenzymes in human cavernous arteries--immunohistochemical distribution and functional significanceEginhard Waldkirch
Department of Urology, Hannover Medical School, 30625, Hannover, Germany
World J Urol 23:405-10. 2005..aim of the present study was to investigate by means of immunohistochemistry the presence of the phosphodiesterase (PDE) isoenzymes 3, 4 (cAMP-specific PDEs) and 5 (cGMP-specific PDE) in thin sections of human central cavernous ..
- Mesenteric arteriopathy in the rat induced by phosphodiesterase III inhibitors: an investigation of morphological, ultrastructural, and hemodynamic changesE C Joseph
Toxicology Department, Sanofi Research Division, Alnwick, Northumberland, United Kingdom
Toxicol Pathol 24:436-50. 1996A reproducible model of a phosphodiesterase III (PDE III) inhibitor-induced arteriopathy has been developed in the rat after subcutaneous administration of SK&F 95654...
- Suppression of eosinophil function by RP 73401, a potent and selective inhibitor of cyclic AMP-specific phosphodiesterase: comparison with rolipramJ E Souness
, Dagenham Research Centre, Essex
Br J Pharmacol 115:39-46. 1995..potency of RP 73401, a novel, highly selective and potent inhibitor of cyclic AMP-specific phosphodiesterase (PDE IV), against partially-purified PDE isoenzymes from smooth muscle and the particulate PDE IV from guinea-pig ..
- Endothelium-dependent and independent relaxation of the rat aorta by cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitorsN Komas
, , CNRS, URA 600, Illkirch, France
Br J Pharmacol 104:495-503. 1991..2. Four PDE forms were isolated by DEAE-sephacel chromatography from endothelium-denuded rat aorta: a calmodulin-activated PDE (..
- A quantitative comparison of functional and anti-ischaemic effects of the phosphodiesterase-inhibitors, amrinone, milrinone and levosimendan in rabbit isolated heartsA F Rump
, , Germany
Br J Pharmacol 112:757-62. 19941. The functional and anti-ischaemic effects of the phosphodiesterase (PDE)-inhibitors, amrinone, milrinone and levosimendan, a new agent combining PDE-inhibitory with calcium-sensitizing properties, were investigated in rabbit isolated ..
- PDE4 and PDE5 regulate cyclic nucleotides relaxing effects in human umbilical arteriesAntónio José Santos-Silva
Centro de Investigacao em Ciencias da Saude, Universidade da Beira Interior, Av Infante D Henrique, 6200 506 Covilha, Portugal
Eur J Pharmacol 582:102-9. 2008..They are synthesized by cyclases and degraded by different types of phosphodiesterases (PDE)...
- Cardiotonic actions of selective phosphodiesterase inhibitors in rat isolated ventricular cardiomyocytesE J Kelso
Department of Therapeutics and Pharmacology, Queen s University of Belfast
Br J Pharmacol 110:1387-94. 1993..similar compound, sulmazole, and to a number of other compounds which are known to inhibit phosphodiesterase (PDE) isoenzymes with differing selectivities; namely, enoximone (PDE III inhibitor), Ro 20-1724 (PDE IV inhibitor) and ..
- [Sex, erectile dysfunction, and the heart: a growing problem]Günter Görge
Klinik für Herz und Lungenkrankheiten, Angiologie und Intensivmedizin, Klinikum Saarbrücken, Germany
Herz 28:284-90. 2003..The main risk factors for coronary heart disease (high LDL, smoking, hypertension, diabetes) and ED are the same. ED after the diagnosis of coronary artery disease or myocardial infarction is also common...
- Family history assessment of personality disorders: II. Association with measures of psychosocial functioning in direct evaluations with relativesM E Lara
Department of Psychology, State University of New York at Stony Brook 11794-2500, USA
J Pers Disord 11:137-45. 1997..information on the Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-III-R (SCID), the Personality Disorder Examination (PDE), and other variables reflecting aspects of psychosocial dysfunction that are common in personality disorders...
- Possible role of cyclic AMP phosphodiesterases in the actions of ibudilast on eosinophil thromboxane generation and airways smooth muscle toneJ E Souness
, Dagenham Research Centre, Essex
Br J Pharmacol 111:1081-8. 19941. The possible role of cyclic AMP phosphodiesterase (PDE) in the inhibitory actions of ibudilast on tracheal smooth muscle contractility and eosinophil thromboxane generation was investigated. 2...
- Stimulation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis in the rat by three selective type-4 phosphodiesterase inhibitors: in vitro and in vivo studiesM Kumari
Department of Pharmacology, Charing Cross and Westminister Medical School, London
Br J Pharmacol 121:459-68. 1997..our laboratory have shown that the synthetic xanthine analogue denbufylline, a selective type 4 phosphodiesterase (PDE-4) inhibitor, is a potent activator of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis when given orally or ..
- Investigations of the dual contractile/relaxant properties showed by antioquine in rat aortaM D Ivorra
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Valencia, Spain
Br J Pharmacol 109:502-9. 1993..to cerebral cortical membranes and the different molecular forms of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases (PDE) isolated from bovine aorta. 2...
- Function and regulation of the avian caecal bulb: influence of dietary NaCl and aldosterone on water and electrolyte fluxes in the hen (Gallus domesticus) perfused in vivoD H Thomas
School of Pure and Applied Biology, University of Wales, Cardiff, United Kingdom
J Comp Physiol B 159:51-60. 1989..Low-Na+ maintenance enhanced EPD (49-69 mV, serosa positive) and all net fluxes: JNa (6.8-11.6); JK (-3.2--4.3); JCl (4.3-5.6 microEq...
- Histamine induced elevation of cyclic AMP phosphodiesterase activity in human monocytesC A Holden
Department of Dermatology, St Helier Hospital, Carshalton, Surrey, England
Agents Actions 22:36-42. 1987..occurred at low, micromolar histamine concentrations and was accompanied by elevation of cAMP-phosphodiesterase (PDE) activity in these cells...
- Multiple actions of glaucine on cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases, alpha 1-adrenoceptor and benzothiazepine binding site at the calcium channelM D Ivorra
Departament de Farmacologia, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Valencia, Spain
Br J Pharmacol 106:387-94. 1992..The effects of glaucine on the different molecular forms of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases (PDE) isolated from bovine aorta were also determined. 2...
- The presence of five cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase isoenzyme activities in bovine tracheal smooth muscle and the functional effects of selective inhibitorsM Shahid
Organon Laboratories Limited, Newhouse, Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
Br J Pharmacol 104:471-7. 19911. The profile of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase (PDE) isoenzymes and the relaxant effects of isoenzyme selective inhibitors were examined in bovine tracheal smooth muscle...
- Lack of effect of zaprinast on methacholine-induced contraction and inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate accumulation in bovine tracheal smooth muscleE R Chilvers
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Leicester
Br J Pharmacol 103:1119-25. 1991..of the soluble fraction of BTSM homogenates resolved three peaks of Ca2+/calmodulin-independent phosphodiesterase (PDE) activity that corresponded to type Ia (cyclic GMP-specific, zaprinast-inhibitable), type II (cyclic GMP-stimulated)..
- [Metabolic kinetics in the brains in infants with IUGR, respiratory distress syndrome, seizures and asphyxia]H Yoshioka
Department of Pediatrics, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine
No To Hattatsu 24:159-63. 1992..compounds: ATP, phosphocreatine (PCr), inorganic phosphate (Pi), phosphomonoesters (PME) and phosphodiesters (PDE)...
- Characterization of coronary arterial lesions in the dog following administration of SK&F 95654, a phosphodiesterase III inhibitorE C Joseph
Toxicology Department, Sanofi Research Division, Alnwick, Northumberland, United Kingdom
Toxicol Pathol 24:429-35. 1996Drugs that inhibit the low-Km, cGMP-inhibitable form of phosphodiesterase III (PDE III) are associated with arterial lesions in the extramural coronary arteries of dogs following oral and intravenous administration at high doses...
- Family history assessment of personality disorders: I. Concordance with direct interview and between pairs of informantsT Ferro
Department of Psychology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, USA
J Pers Disord 11:123-36. 1997..about themselves on the Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-III-R (SCID), Personality Disorder Examination (PDE), and Eysenck Personality Questionnaire (EPQ)...
- [Determination of transmitral blood flow by pulsed echodoppler. Correlation with aortic blood flow in 30 patients]C Tribouilloy
Service de cardiologie B, CHU, Amiens
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:957-65. 1991..of this study was to assess the validity of mitral valve blood flow measured by pulsed Doppler echocardiography (PDE) with the sample volume positioned at the tips of the mitral leaflets. Thirty patients with a mean age of 38...
- Incomplete reversal of beta-adrenoceptor desensitization in human and guinea-pig cardiomyocytes by cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitorsD G Wynne
Department of Cardiac Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, London
Br J Pharmacol 109:1071-8. 1993..The inotropic effects of the selective phosphodiesterase (PDE) III inhibitors, SK&F 94120 and SK&F94836, and the non-selective PDE inhibitor, 3-isobutyl-l-methylxanthine ..
- Role of phosphodiesterases III and IV in the modulation of vascular cyclic AMP content by the NO/cyclic GMP pathwayA E Eckly
, , CNRS URA 600, Illkirch, France
Br J Pharmacol 113:445-50. 19941. The effect on cyclic nucleotide contents of selective inhibitors of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase (PDE) isoforms III and IV (respectively SK&F 94120 and rolipram) and their interactions with endothelium and NO have been ..
- Genotypic and phenotypic spectrum of pyridoxine-dependent epilepsy (ALDH7A1 deficiency)Philippa B Mills
Institute of Child Health, University College London with Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, National Health Service Trust, London, UK
Brain 133:2148-59. 2010Pyridoxine-dependent epilepsy was recently shown to be due to mutations in the ALDH7A1 gene, which encodes antiquitin, an enzyme that catalyses the nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide-dependent dehydrogenation of l-alpha-aminoadipic ..
- Effects of type-selective phosphodiesterase inhibitors on glucose-induced insulin secretion and islet phosphodiesterase activityR Shafiee Nick
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
Br J Pharmacol 115:1486-92. 19951. We examined various type-selective phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitors on glucose-induced insulin secretion from rat isolated islets, on islet PDE activity and on islet cyclic AMP accumulation in order to assess the relationship ..
- Cyclic adenosine monophosphate and cyclic guanosine monophosphate-phosphodiesterase isoenzymes in human vagina: relation to nitric oxide synthase isoforms and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide-containing nervesStefan Uckert
Department of Urology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Urology 65:604-10. 2005..Nitric oxide and VIP, mediating biologic signals through cGMP and cAMP, have been assumed to be involved in the control of vaginal smooth muscle...
- Comparative effects of vinpocetine and 8-Br-cyclic GMP on the contraction and 45Ca-fluxes in the rabbit aortaP J Chiu
Department of Pharmacology, Schering-Plough Corporation, Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Am J Hypertens 1:262-8. 1988Vinpocetine is a highly specific inhibitor of calmodulin-dependent phosphodiesterase (CaM-PDE) with an IC50 of 19 microM and produces a significant accumulation of cyclic GMP but not cyclic AMP in rabbit aorta...
- Implication of calmodulin-dependent phosphodiesterase type 1 during bovine sperm capacitationValerie Fournier
Departement des Sciences Animales, Universite Laval, Quebec, Quebec Canada
J Androl 24:104-12. 2003Phosphodiesterases (PDEs) are enzymes that degrade cyclic nucleotides. The calcium-calmodulin dependent PDE type 1 (PDE 1) and the cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP)-specific PDE type 4 (PDE 4) have been implicated in sperm function...
- Single-stranded oligonucleotide-mediated in vivo gene repair in the rd1 retinaCharlotte Andrieu-Soler
Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, INSERM, U872, Paris, France
Mol Vis 13:692-706. 2007..The aim of this study was to test whether oligonucleotide-targeted gene repair can correct the point mutation in genomic DNA of PDE6b(rd1) (rd1) mouse retinas in vivo...
- Myocardial efficiency in stunned myocardium. Comparison of Ca(2+)-sensitization and PDE III-inhibition on energy consumptionU Sunderdiek
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225, Dusseldorf, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 18:83-9. 2000..However, inotropic agents which act via intracellular increased calcium result in a higher oxygen demand. Therefore Ca(2+)-sensitization might be a favorable alternative...
- The Bolger conference on PDE-5 inhibition and HIV risk: implications for health policy and preventionRaymond C Rosen
Department of Psychiatry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ, USA
J Sex Med 3:960-75; discussion 973-5. 2006Recent reports have linked the use of phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5) inhibitors with increased rates of high-risk sexual behavior and HIV transmission in some individuals.
- Sudden sensorineural hearing loss associated with vardenafilAmanda J Snodgrass
Veterans Affairs Cooperative Studies Program, Clinical Research Pharmacy Coordinating Center, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
Pharmacotherapy 30:112. 2010The phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5) inhibitors-sildenafil, vardenafil, and tadalafil-are used primarily in erectile dysfunction, but sildenafil is also indicated for pulmonary hypertension...
- Pulmonary antiallergic and bronchodilator effects of isozyme-selective phosphodiesterase inhibitors in guinea pigsR E Howell
Inflammation Bone Metabolism Division, Wyeth Ayerst Research, Princeton, New Jersey
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 264:609-15. 1993..asthma may result in part from nonselective inhibition of multiple isozymes of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase (PDE)...
- Phosphodiesterase IV and neutral endopeptidase in airways from developing and allergen sensitized rabbitsGary L Larsen
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1400 Jackson Street, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 19:335-42. 2006Phosphodiesterase IV (PDE IV) and neutral endopeptidase (NEP) may modulate the neurally mediated nonadrenergic noncholinergic inhibitory (NANCi) response. This response is not present in normal rabbits until 2 weeks of age...
- Dissociation between cyclic AMP rise and mucin secretion in response to a beta-adrenergic agonistN A Bradbury
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff
Acta Univ Carol Med (Praha) 36:55-7. 1990A novel hypotonic swelling method has been used to introduce cyclic AMP phosphodiesterase (cAMP PDE) into intact rat submandibular acini...
- Cyclic AMP-dependent Cl secretion is regulated by multiple phosphodiesterase subtypes in human colonic epithelial cellsS M O'Grady
Department of Physiology, University of Minnesota, St Paul 55108, USA
J Membr Biol 185:137-44. 2002The role of phosphodiesterase (PDE) isoforms in regulation of transepithelial Cl secretion was investigated using cultured monolayers of T84 cells grown on membrane filters...
- Myocardial phosphodiesterases and regulation of cardiac contractility in health and cardiac diseaseOleg E Osadchii
Cardiology Group, School of Clinical Sciences, University Clinical Departments, University of Liverpool, The Duncan Building, Liverpool, UK
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 21:171-94. 2007Phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitors are potent cardiotonic agents used for parenteral inotropic support in heart failure...
- Low doses of cyclic AMP-phosphodiesterase inhibitors rapidly evoke opioid receptor-mediated thermal hyperalgesia in naïve mice which is converted to prominent analgesia by cotreatment with ultra-low-dose naltrexoneStanley M Crain
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Yeshiva University, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Brain Res 1231:16-24. 2008Systemic (s.c.) injection in naïve mice of cyclic AMP-phosphodiesterase (cAMP-PDE) inhibitors, e.g...
- Phosphodiesterase inhibition in ventricular cardiomyocytes from guinea-pig heartsT Bethke
Abteilung Allgemeine Pharmakologie, , , Germany
Br J Pharmacol 107:127-33. 19921. The present study compared the cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase (PDE) activities in cardiomyocytes and ventricular cardiac tissue from guinea-pigs...
- A photoaffinity probe covalently modifies the catalytic site of the cGMP-binding cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase (PDE-5)J D Corbin
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 0615, USA
Cell Biochem Biophys 29:145-57. 1998The cGMP-binding cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase (PDE-5) contains distinct catalytic and allosteric binding sites, and each is cGMP-specific...
- Nerve growth factor inhibits PC12 cell PDE 2 phosphodiesterase activity and increases PDE 2 binding to phosphoproteinsJ K Bentley
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Neurochem 76:1252-63. 2001..In our studies, NGF causes over 50% loss of PDE 2 activity (cyclic GMP-stimulated cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase) in PC12 cells within 24 h...
- The effect of selective and non-selective phosphodiesterase inhibitors on allergen- and leukotriene C(4)-induced contractions in passively sensitized human airwaysD T Schmidt
Leiden University Medical Centre, Department of Pulmonology, NL 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Br J Pharmacol 131:1607-18. 2000Non-selective inhibitors of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase (PDE) block allergen-induced contraction of passively sensitized human airways in vitro by a dual mechanism involving a direct relaxant effect on smooth muscle and ..
- Evaluation of age of dam effects on maternal performance of multilactation daughters from high- and low-milk EPD sires at three locations in the southern United StatesJ F Baker
Department of Animal and Dairy Science, The University of Georgia, Tifton 31793, USA
J Anim Sci 81:1693-9. 2003Angus bulls (n = 16) selected for either high- or low-milk EPD but similar growth EPD were mated within location at random to Angus cows. Daughters were bred to calve at 2 yr of age and annually until 6 yr of age...
- Reactivity of the human internal thoracic artery to vasodilators in coronary artery bypass graftingKatsunori Takeuchi
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Kanazawa Medical University, 1 1 Daigaku, Uchinada, Kahokugun, Ishikawa 920 0265, Japan
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 26:956-9. 2004..a method for increasing ITA blood flow during surgery by directly injecting phosphodiesterase III inhibitor (PDE III-I) into the left ITA (LITA) to prevent its contracture...
- Acute versus chronic administration of phosphodiesterase inhibitors on allergen-induced pulmonary cell influx in sensitized guinea-pigsK H Banner
Department of Pharmacology, King s College, London
Br J Pharmacol 114:93-8. 19951. The aims of this study were to determine which phosphodiesterase (PDE) isoenzymes are involved in the control of eosinophil accumulation in the airways of ovalbumin (OVA)-immunized guinea-pigs by the use of isoenzyme selective ..
- Phosphodiesterase inhibitors in female sexual dysfunctionMargit Mayer
Department of Urology, Faculty of Medicine, University Hospital Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistr 15, 81377, Munich, Germany
World J Urol 23:393-7. 2005..the physiology of penile erection and the pathophysiology of erectile dysfunction, selective phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitors have been successfully introduced in the oral treatment of male erectile dysfunction...
- Reduced nucleotide excision repair and GSTM1-null genotypes influence anti-B[a]PDE-DNA adduct levels in mononuclear white blood cells of highly PAH-exposed coke oven workersSofia Pavanello
Occupational Health Section, Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health, University of Padova, Via Giustiniani 2, 35128 Padova, Italy
Carcinogenesis 26:169-75. 2005..Asp312Asn] and that of glutathione S-transferase mu1 (GSTM1-active or -null) on benzo[a]pyrene diol epoxide (B[a]PDE)-DNA adduct levels from the lympho-monocyte fraction (LMF) of highly PAH benzo[a]pyrene (B[a]P)-exposed Polish coke ..
- The effect of sildenafil citrate on bladder outlet obstruction: a mouse modelCharles R Beamon
Department of Surgery, Section of Urology, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, AZ, USA
BJU Int 104:252-6. 2009..Phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5) inhibitors have recently been used for treating urinary symptoms associated with prostatic obstruction, but it ..
- Zaprinast attenuates hypoxic pulmonary artery injury and causes less aortic relaxation than milrinoneBen M Tsai
Department of Surgery, Indiana University Medical Center, Indiana 46202, USA
Shock 24:417-20. 2005..Milrinone, a phosphodiesterase (PDE)-3 inhibitor, is frequently used to treat perioperative pulmonary hypertension...
- Regulation of cyclic AMP metabolism in bovine adrenal medullary cellsP D Marley
Department of Biochemistry, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Biochem Pharmacol 44:2105-10. 1992..by 100 microM 3-isobutyl-1-methylxanthine (IBMX) and rolipram, a class IV (cyclic AMP-specific) phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitor...
- Changes of cytokine profiles during peritonitis in patients on continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysisK N Lai
Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong
Am J Kidney Dis 35:644-52. 2000..Peritoneal dialysate effluent (PDE) was collected on days 1, 3, 5, 10, 21, and 42 after the start of treatment...
- Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases in Drosophila melanogasterJonathan P Day
Division of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G11 6NU, UK
Biochem J 388:333-42. 2005..The Drosophila genome encodes five novel PDE genes in addition to dunce...
- Cyclic nucleotide specific phosphodiesterases of Leishmania majorAndrea Johner
Institute for Cell Biology, University of Bern, Baltzerstrasse 4, CH 3012 Bern, Switzerland
BMC Microbiol 6:25. 2006....
- Immunohistochemical distribution of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase (PDE) isoenzymes in the human vagina: a potential forensic value?Knut Albrecht
Hannover Medical School, Deparment of Legal Medicine, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Forensic Leg Med 14:270-4. 2007Phosphodiesterase (PDE) isoenzymes are key proteins involved in the maintenance of the normal function of various tissues of the human body including those of the male and female urogenital tract...
- Cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP)-specific phosphodiesterase is functional in bovine mammary glandV Dostaler-Touchette
Centre de Recherche en Biologie de la Reproduction, Departement des Sciences Animales, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
J Dairy Sci 92:3757-65. 2009Previous studies have shown that using nonspecific phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitors such as caffeine improved milk production, supporting the premise that modulation of intracellular concentration of cyclic nucleotides (cyclic AMP, ..
- Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding the "61-kDa" calmodulin-stimulated cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase. Tissue-specific expression of structurally related isoformsW K Sonnenburg
Department of Pharmacology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195
J Biol Chem 268:645-52. 1993We have isolated a 2287-bp cDNA encoding the 61-kDa calmodulin-stimulated cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase (CaM PDE) from a bovine brain library...
- [Anti-B[a]PDE-DNA formation in lymphomonocytes of humans environmentally exposed to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons]S Pavanello
Universita degli Studi di Padova, Dipartimento di Medicina Ambientale e Sanità Pubblica, Sede di Medicina del Lavoro
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 27:312-4. 2005Anti-B[a]PDE-DNA formation in lymphomonocytes of humans environmentally exposed to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons] We are currently evaluating anti-benzo[a]pyrenediolepoxide-(B[a]PDE)-DNA adduct levels in lymphomonocytes of humans ..
- Phosphodiesterase-III-inhibition with amrinone leads to contracture development in skeletal muscle preparations of malignant hyperthermia susceptible swineM Fiege
University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Department of Anaesthesiology, Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Anaesthesiol 22:283-8. 2005The phosphodiesterase-III (PDE-III) inhibitor enoximone-induced marked contractures in skeletal muscle specimens of malignant hyperthermia (MH) susceptible (MHS) human beings and swine...
- Optimism-pessimism dimension and dental anxiety in children aged 10-12 yearsP O Neverlien
Dept. of Psychometrics, University of Bergen, Norway
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 19:342-6. 1991This study explored the relationships between Previous Dental Experience (PDE), Corah's Dental Anxiety Scale (DAS), the Dental Anxiety Question (DAQ), dispositional optimism as measured by the Life Orientation Test (LOT), and Clinical ..
- Decreased brain intracellular pH measured by 31P-MRS in bipolar disorder: a confirmation in drug-free patients and correlation with white matter hyperintensityT Kato
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo, Japan
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 248:301-6. 1998..These results suggest that decrease of pHi is not an effect of lithium but is instead related to the pathophysiology of illness. Decrease of pHi and increase of the PDE peak may be the biochemical basis of WMHI in bipolar disorder.
- A cohort study of pyridoxine-dependent epilepsy and high prevalence of splice site IVS11+1G>A mutation in Chinese patientsJiao Xue
Department of Pediatrics, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing, China Electronic address
Epilepsy Res 118:1-4. 2015Pyridoxine-dependent epilepsy (PDE) is a rare autosomal recessive disorder caused by mutations of the ALDH7A1 gene...
- Regulation of Dictyostelium early development genes in signal transduction mutantsL Wu
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Dev Biol 171:149-58. 1995The secreted cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase (PDE) and its glycoprotein inhibitor (PDI) are among the first genes expressed when Dictyostelium amoebae begin their development...
- Isolation and characterization of a dual-substrate phosphodiesterase gene family: PDE10AS H Soderling
Department of Pharmacology, Box 357280, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:7071-6. 1999..cloning, expression, and characterization of a dual-substrate, cAMP and cGMP, cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase (PDE) from mouse...
- Characterization of cyclic AMP phosphodiesterases in Leishmania mexicana and purification of a soluble formA Rascon
Laboratory of Cell Signaling, Instituto de Biologia Experimental, Universidad Central de Venezuela, Apartado 47 069, Caracas, Venezuela
Mol Biochem Parasitol 106:283-92. 2000The cyclic AMP phosphodiesterase (PDE) activity in Leishmania mexicana is mainly located (>95%) in the soluble fraction of the cell...
- Isolation from ascites carcinoma Krebs II cells of an unlinking enzyme hydrolyzing a covalent bond between picornavirus RNA and VPgR A Yusupova
Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, 119899, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 65:1219-26. 2000..The enzyme (tyrosine-(5;P-->O)-uridylylpolynucleotide phosphodiesterase, Y-pUpN PDE) was purified from frozen mouse carcinoma Krebs II cells...
- Ca(2+)-handling proteins and heart failure: novel molecular targets?J Prestle
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma KG, Dept of Cardiovascular Research, Biberach a d R, Germany
Curr Med Chem 10:967-81. 2003..design positive inotropes for chronic administrations have focussed on the use of phosphodiesterase III inhibitors (PDE III inhibitors). These compounds, which increase intracellular cAMP-levels, have failed in clinical trials...
- [Erectile dysfunction. New drugs with special consideration of the PDE 5 inhibitors]H Porst
Urologe A 43:820-8. 2004..Because all three PDE 5 inhibitors sildenafil, tadalafil, and vardenafil have a common mode of action, i.e...
- Vector-valued image regularization with PDEs: a common framework for different applicationsDavid Tschumperlé
Laboratoire GREYC UMR 6072, Equipe Image, École Nationale Supérieure d Ingénieurs de Caen, 14050 Caen Cedex France
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 27:506-17. 2005..Starting from the study of PDE-based formalisms previously proposed in the literature for the regularization of scalar and vector-valued data, we ..
- Chronic administration of phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitor improves erectile and endothelial function in a rat model of diabetesGook Jun Ahn
Research Institutes, Dong A Pharmaceutical Company, 47 5 Sanggal, Kiheung, Youngin, Kyunggi 449 905, Korea
Int J Androl 28:260-6. 2005This study was conducted to determine if the long-term administration of the phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE 5) inhibitor, DA-8159, to diabetic rats can ameliorate the development of erectile dysfunction (ED) and endothelial dysfunction...
- Black raspberry extracts inhibit benzo(a)pyrene diol-epoxide-induced activator protein 1 activation and VEGF transcription by targeting the phosphotidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathwayChuanshu Huang
Nelson Institute of Environmental Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, Tuxedo, New York 10987, USA
Cancer Res 66:581-7. 2006..benzo(a)pyrene [B(a)P]-induced transformation of Syrian hamster embryo cells and benzo(a)pyrene diol-epoxide [B(a)PDE]-induced activator protein-1 (AP-1) activity in mouse epidermal Cl 41 cells...
- Phosphodiesterase III inhibition affects platelet-monocyte aggregate formation depending on the axis of stimulationNicola A Horn
Department of Anesthesiology, Rheinisch Westfalische Technische Hochschule, Aachen, Germany
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 20:162-6. 2006The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of the phosphodiesterase (PDE) type 3 inhibitor milrinone on the adhesion of platelets to monocytes in vitro.
- Cyclic Amp phosphodiesterase activity in normal and inflamed human dental pulpG Spoto
Department of Applied Sciences of Oral and Dental Diseases, University of Chieti, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 17:11-5. 2004Cyclic AMP phosphodiesterase (cAMP PDE) seems to be important in pulp tissues. High levels of cAMP PDE have been demonstrated to be in dental pulp cells...
- Prospective, randomized, open-label, fixed-dose, crossover study to establish preference of patients with erectile dysfunction after taking the three PDE-5 inhibitorsJosep Rodríguez Tolrà
Hospital Universitario de Bellvitge Urology, L Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
J Sex Med 3:901-9. 2006..We conducted a prospective, randomized, open-label, fixed-dose preference study, with a crossover design, using sildenafil, vardenafil, and tadalafil...
- Compliance of electronic personal neutron dosemeters with the new International Standard IEC 61526M Luszik-Bhadra
Physikalisch Technische Bundesanstalt Bundesallee 100, D 38116 Braunschweig, Germany
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 125:15-8. 2007..the results of recent measurements of the personal dose equivalent response for the dosemeters Thermo Electron EPD-N2, Aloka PDM-313 and the prototype dosemeter PTB DOS-2002, and discusses their compliance with respect to the new ..
- Crystal structures of phosphodiesterases and implications on substrate specificity and inhibitor selectivityHengming Ke
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7260, USA
Curr Top Med Chem 7:391-403. 2007..The catalytic domains of the PDE families 1-4, 7, and 9 have a uniform conformation...
- Across-breed adjustment factors for expected progeny differences for carcass traitsL D Van Vleck
USDA, ARS, Roman L Hruska US Meat Animal Research Center, Lincoln, NE 68583 0908, USA
J Anim Sci 85:1369-76. 2007Adjustment factors to allow comparison of EPD from several breed associations for birth, weaning, and yearling weights have been available for more than 10 yr...
- Use of liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry and a chemical cleavage reaction for the structure elucidation of a new sildenafil analogue detected as an adulterant in an herbal dietary supplementJohn C Reepmeyer
U S Food and Drug Administration, Division of Pharmaceutical Analysis, St Louis, MO 63101, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 44:887-93. 2007..array and mass spectral detection and found to contain a compound related to the synthetic phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) inhibitors...
- Protein kinase G-dependent cardioprotective mechanism of phosphodiesterase-5 inhibition involves phosphorylation of ERK and GSK3betaAnindita Das
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
J Biol Chem 283:29572-85. 2008Sildenafil, a potent inhibitor of phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) induces powerful protection against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury. PDE-5 inhibition increases cGMP levels that activate cGMP-dependent protein kinase (PKG)...
- Biomarkers in peripheral blood associated with vascular injury in Sprague-Dawley rats treated with the phosphodiesterase IV inhibitors SCH 351591 or SCH 534385James L Weaver
Division of Applied Pharmacology Research, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland 20993 0002, USA
Toxicol Pathol 36:840-9. 2008Drug-associated vascular injury can be caused by phosphodiesterase (PDE) IV inhibitors and drugs from several other classes. The pathogenesis is poorly understood, but it appears to include vascular and innate immunological components...
- Molecular Control of cGMP Signaling by PKGs and PDEsJackie Corbin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Guanylyl cyclases catalyze synthesis of cGMP, and phosphodiesterases (PDE) catalyze cGMP degradation; the balance of these two activities determines the tissue level of cGMP...
- Phosphodiesterase-inhibitors, vascular integrity and SCIRaymond J Grill; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have determined that the class of drugs known as phosphodiesterase-inhibitors (PDE-ls) dramatically reduce the loss of BSCB integrity following spinal contusion injury...
- A Novel HTS Cell-Based Assay For Cyclic GMPGary Piazza; Fiscal Year: 2007..Intracellular cGMP levels are tightly regulated by a family of phosphodiesterase (PDE) isozymes, whereby inhibitors can amplify the magnitude and/or duration of the signal...
- Altered phosphodiesterase expression in diseased muscleTIMOTHY BLOOM; Fiscal Year: 2007..The signaling action of cAMP is terminated when it is hydrolyzed by phosphodiesterase (PDE)...
- PDE3 Inhibitors: Selective Blockers of Oocyte MaturationJeffrey Jensen; Fiscal Year: 2007..The Specific Aims are to: (1) Describe the basic biology of PDE expression in the primate ovary...
- Hormonal Regulation of PhosphodiestrasesMarco Conti; Fiscal Year: 2012..of the cardiac function, these studies will provide rational basis for novel therapeutic strategies that target PDE and cAMP signaling...
- cGMP Phosphodiesterase Inhibitors in a Mouse Model of Duchenne Muscular DystrophySTANLEY FROEHNER; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this application, we propose to test the efficacy of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitors in slowing the degeneration process in dystrophic muscle...
- Cyclic GMP Phosphodiesterase in SignalingHsien Yu Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..G-protein subunits G(alpha)t2/o in mouse F9 teratocarcinoma stem cells and treatment with inhibitors of cyclic GMP PDE, such as IBMX, zaprinast, and dipyridamole, block the ability of the GPCR rat Fz2 to signal at the level of calcium ..
- Horng H Chen; Fiscal Year: 2016..Aim 3: Define in hospitalized decompensated CHF patients with CRS, the renal actions of low dose intravenous infusion of BNP in the presence and absence of acute PDE V inhibition in improving renal function.
- Functional Interaction of ANP and NO signalingKumar U Kotlo; Fiscal Year: 2010..with GCA on ANP-mediated stimulation of cGMP, cGMP-dependent protein kinase (cGK), and cGMP phosphodiesterase (PDE) using RNAi technology...
- cGMP Phosphodiesterase, a Novel Chemoprevention TargetGary Piazza; Fiscal Year: 2005The overall objective of this proposal is to validate cyclic GMP phosphodiesterase (cGMP PDE) as a novel drug target for cancer chemoprevention...
- CONFORMATIONAL ASPECTS OF VISUAL EXCITATIONLUBERT STRYER; Fiscal Year: 1993..cycle in rod outer segments involving photoexcited rhodopsin, transducin, and the cyclic GMP phosphodiesterase (PDE) will be investigated in molecular detail...
- NITRIC OXIDE AND IN VIVO BRAIN ARTERIOLAR RELAXATIONDale Pelligrino; Fiscal Year: 2004..The project will address two basic hypotheses. First, crosstalk control by one cyclic nucleotide, at the PDE level, occurs by reducing the hydrolysis of its counterpart...
- Jian dong Li; Fiscal Year: 2014..Further ototopical post-inoculation administration of general PDE inhibitor inhibited mucin MUC5AC up-regulation in a mouse OM model...
- Modulation of the Cyclic AMP Pathway after Traumatic Brain Injury in Aged AnimalsColeen M Atkins; Fiscal Year: 2010..Treatment with a phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitor, rolipram, to increase cAMP levels improves hippocampal synaptic plasticity and learning in the ..
- Therapeutic Targeting of Intracellular Mechanisms Involved in Glial Scar FormatioDamien D Pearse; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent reports have shown that the phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitor Rolipram can reduce astrogliosis and Preliminary Data from our laboratory indicates that there is a ..
- CYCLIC NUCLEOTIDE PHOSPHODIESTERASE IN ASTROGLIAVERGINE MADELIAN; Fiscal Year: 1992..Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases (PDE) are a group of enzymes that degrade 3',5'- cAMP to 5' adenosine monophosphate (AMP)...
- APOPTOSIS IN NORMAL AND MALIGNANT LYMPHOCYTESAdam Lerner; Fiscal Year: 2003..chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) cells were shown to undergo apoptosis following exposure to the nonspecific PDE inhibitor theophylline...
- REGULATION OF PDE 5 IN HUMAN PENILE SMOOTH MUSCLE CELLSNoel Kim; Fiscal Year: 2001..Phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE 5) is one of the main phosphodiesterases expressed in penile corpus cavernosum smooth muscle...
- Role of ALDH7A1 in Ethanol-Induced Oxidative DamageCHAD NICHOLAS BROCKER; Fiscal Year: 2011..This long term goal of this project is to elucidate the protective functions of ALDH7A1 during excessive alcohol consumption. ..
- SHARON IRENE SMITH ROUNDS; Fiscal Year: 2016..prospective, placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trial (RCT) evaluating the effect of phosphodiesterase type-5 (PDE-5) inhibition with tadalafil at 40 mg daily over 12 months on exercise capacity in patients with at least moderate ..
- Gene Therapy for Retinitis PigmentosaRajendra Kumar-Singh; Fiscal Year: 2012..of recessive RP are mutations in the gene encoding the [unreadable] subunit of cGMP Phosphodiesterase ([unreadable] PDE). Despite the availability of a variety of animal models with mutations in [unreadable] PDE, e.g...
- Kun Ming Chen; Fiscal Year: 2014..remarkable genotoxicity has been attributed to the sterically hindered fjord region diol epoxides (+)-anti- DB[a,l]PDE. In addition, reactive oxygen species (ROS) derived from redox cycling of o-quinone derived from dihydrodiol ..
- Cardioprotective Signaling following Phosphodiesterase-5 InhibitionRakesh C Kukreja; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our recent innovative studies have demonstrated that potent phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5A) inhibitors including sildenafil citrate (Viagra) and vardenafil (Levitra) induce powerful cardioprotective ..
- Tahir Hussain; Fiscal Year: 2016..the AT1 receptor-mediated NKA stimulation in proximal tubules by cGMP- mediated inhibition of phosphodiesterase-3 (PDE-3)...
- Rakesh C Kukreja; Fiscal Year: 2016..current project is designed to test the following central HYPOTHESIS: Chronic inhibition of phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) protects T2D hearts through suppression of myocardial oxidative stress and inflammasome formation via the AMPK/..
- KARAM E EL-BAYOUMY; Fiscal Year: 2016..Its metabolite, ([unreadable])-anti- DB[a,l]PDE is a potent and specific carcinogen in oral tissues in mice and the mutational profiles induced by DB[a,l]P and its ..
- Analysis of the Spatiotemporal Regulation of LipolysisLisa M DiPilato; Fiscal Year: 2012..thus dissociating the protein from signaling complexes at the lipid droplet without effecting the overall PDE activity within the cell...
- OLIVIA RUTH BUONARATI; Fiscal Year: 2015..While it is clear that [unreadable]-adrenergic signaling through cAMP is spatially contained by phosphodiesterases (PDE), MRP4 is emerging as another potential regulator within this classic [unreadable]2AR nanodomain...
- WILLIAM RAMSES BISHAI; Fiscal Year: 2014..In Aim 2 we will investigate the ability of clinically available signal transduction inhibitors (PDE inhibitors, JAK inhibitors) to modulate the cAMP intoxication pathways identified in Aim 1, and we will test some ..
- Ryan M Whitaker; Fiscal Year: 2015..Currently, there are few pharmacological agents that are capable of inducing mitochondrial biogenesis. We tested PDE inhibitors due to the potential role of cAMP in the regulation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma ..
- PPARy and Uterine Vascular Dysfunction in Diabetic PregnancyNatalia I Gokina; Fiscal Year: 2011..Hyperglycemia-induced superoxide production up-regulates PDE expression resulting in reduction of NO- cGMP-PKG signaling and development of nitric oxide resistance in diabetic ..
- PDE5A Inhibition Stimulates Stem Cell Survival &DifferentiationMuhammad Ashraf; Fiscal Year: 2013..Phosphodiesterase (PDE) has wide distribution in the biological system including stem cells and provides a potential target for ..
- Golgi-associated NO-cGMP Signaling Defect in Muscular DystrophyGail D Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2013..of this signaling pathway will enable a more rationale approach to selecting therapeutic targets, including PDE inhibitors, which slow the progression of muscle degeneration and ameliorate the dystrophic phenotype...
- Pharmacological vaccine adjuvants: analysis of immune responses to vaccinesJeannine M Durdik; Fiscal Year: 2010Two separate categories of pharmacological vaccine adjuvants: phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitors and inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) inhibitors when given concurrently with immunization enhance immune memory...
- Targeting compartmentalized phosphodiesterases to regulate CFTR functionWITO H RICHTER; Fiscal Year: 2013..cellular cAMP to supra-physiological levels with a combination of adenylyl cyclase activators and broad-spectrum PDE inhibitors has been met with mixed results and successes in the past...
- Emmanuel S Buys; Fiscal Year: 2016..measure the impact of treating sGC??1 -/- mice with the cGMP-elevating compounds sildenafil (a phosphodiesterase (PDE) 5-antagonist), brain natriuretic peptide (BNP, a peptide activator of membrane bound guanylate cyclase (pGC)), and ..
- Vicente E Torres; Fiscal Year: 2016..addition to cAMP) levels are increased, pointing to a functional downregulation of PDE1, the only Ca2+ dependent PDE active against cGMP and cAMP...
- CARDIOPROTECTIVE EFFECTS OF PDE-5 INHIBITORSRakesh C Kukreja; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): Our innovative studies during the past 7 years have shown that potent phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) inhibitors including sildenafil citrate (Viagra(R)) induce powerful cardioprotective effect against ischemia-..
- Chen Yan; Fiscal Year: 2016..to identify novel therapeutic targets, and to design new therapies to inhibit synthetic SMC pathologies given that PDE superfamily represents a highly attractive class of drug targets for the development of specific therapeutic agents. ..
- Susan R Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2016..rotavirus VP3) and mammalian (AKAP7) proteins are 2H phosphoesterases with 2',5'-phosphodiesterase (PDE) activities that degrade 2-5A, the activator of RNase L...
- Jennifer S Brodbelt; Fiscal Year: 2016..dissociation (IRMPD), ultraviolet photodissociation (UVPD), and activated-electron photodetachment dissociation (a-EPD), for the characterization of lipid A and LPS structures...
- mAKAP-orchestrated phosphorylation events: regulation of PDE4D3Kimberly L Dodge Kafka; Fiscal Year: 2010..Several recent studies have illustrated not only the importance of phosphodiesterases (PDE) for the control of basal cAMP levels in the heart, but also in the regulation of localized changes of cAMP due to ..
- Regulation, interaction, and inhibitor discovery of phosphodiesterasesHengming Ke; Fiscal Year: 2013..Human genome encodes 21 PDE genes that are categorized into 11 families and express over 100 isoforms of proteins via RNA splicing...
- ANTHONY JOHN KANAI; Fiscal Year: 2016..Therapies to be tested include botulinum neurotoxin serotype A, |33-adrenergic receptor agonists, PDE-5 inhibitrors, and nerve growth factor and brain-derived neurotrophic factor antibodies...
- Role of cGMP in Ventilator-Induced Lung Endothelial Barrier DysfunctionDavid B Pearse; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>PDE mRNA, protein expression and activity will be studied...
- Therapeutic Angiogenesis for Erectile DysfunctionBRIAN ANNEX; Fiscal Year: 2009..Phosphodiesterase (PDE) 5 inhibitors provide treatment options for patients with ED but do not reverse the vascular injury...
- Calcineurin Phosphatase in Cell Signaling PathwaysChi Wing Chow; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this proposal, we will define the molecular basis of CnA-beta phosphatase in PDE s regulation in the beta-adrenergic receptor signaling pathways...
- Joseph A Beavo; Fiscal Year: 2015..recent grant period we have made the discovery that in at least in two different tissues, inhibition of a single PDE is NOT sufficient to regulate certin physiological processes in that tissue...
- Jeffrey D Hasday; Fiscal Year: 2014..with studies addressing phosphorylation, 2-arrestin recruitment, receptor internalization and phosphodiesterase (PDE) recruitment...
- Cyclic AMP Signaling Affects Urine Concentration through UT-A1Mitsi A Blount; Fiscal Year: 2012..Vasopressin-sensitive phosphodiesterases (PDEs) are located in the IMCD. We will identify the PDE(s) in the cells and determine if PDE activity is increased by vasopressin...
- Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases isoforms as novel biomarkers in CLLLingzhi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases (PDE) catalyze the hydrolysis of cAMP and/or cGMP, thereby controlling their intracellular levels and ability to ..
- Yang K Xiang; Fiscal Year: 2014..is that spatiotemporal propagation of cAMP/PKA signaling controlled by bAR subtype-associated phosphodiesterase (PDE) isoforms and arrestin-dependent sequestration of PDEs provides novel mechanism on regulating cardiac response to ..
- Adenylyl cyclase isoforms in hypertrophy and heart failureStephen F Vatner; Fiscal Year: 2013..differences in intracellular microdomains of cAMP, which are regulated by different subtypes of phosphodiesterase (PDE), e.g...
- Development of a Novel Cell Based PDE10A Assay for Antipsychotic Drug DiscoveryWenshan Hao; Fiscal Year: 2012..Hanting Zhang from Departments of Behavioral Medicine &Psychiatry at West Virginia University, an expert on PDE research, to consult us on the project. We propose the following four specific aims for SBIR Phase I. 1...
- Gary A Piazza; Fiscal Year: 2016..does not require the inhibition of COX-1 or -2 and that cyclic guanosine monophosphate phosphodiesterase (cGMP PDE) inhibition is responsible for its tumor cell growth inhibitory activity...
- PHOSPHODIESTERASES IN PHOTORECEPTOR METABOLISM & DISEASEDebora Farber; Fiscal Year: 2003..protein(s) (YP) interacting with a cis-element (Y element) adjacent to the transcription start site of the rod beta-PDE gene (mutations in this element abolish transcription) and RNA-binding proteins (UBPs) which may regulate ..
- Phosphodiesterase-1 in Pulmonary Hypertension: Expression, Regulation, and TargetFiona Murray; Fiscal Year: 2012..Immunohistochemistry, real-time PCR, Western blotting, and PDE assays will be used to define the expression of PDE1 isoforms in human and rat lung, in particular in PASMC, and ..
- Reconsolidation and extinction processes in the treatment of drug addictionYossef Itzhak; Fiscal Year: 2010..The effects of NO donors, and selective phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitors, which inhibit cGMP and cAMP degradation, on extinction of cocaine CPP will be investigated (Year 01)...
- Phosphodiesterases in Lithium-Induced Nephrogenic Diabetes InsipidusMitsi A Blount; Fiscal Year: 2012..Total phosphodiesterase (PDE) activity, which acts as a regulatory switch for second messenger signaling by catalyzing the degradation of cyclic ..
- Novel PDE5 inhibitors as a therapeutic tool against Alzheimer's DiseaseOttavio Arancio; Fiscal Year: 2013..YF012403 has high potency and excellent selectivity for PDE5 over other PDE isoforms. Moreover, it crosses the blood brain barrier, and has not shown acute toxicity signs...
- Neurobiology of Hormone-Mediated BehaviorsAnn Clark; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, the effects of inhibitors of phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5) on female sexual functioning will be tested...
- VP22 AND TAT mediated gene therapy for the CNSRajendra Kumar Singh; Fiscal Year: 2009..2) Construct an adenovirus vector expressing a fusion between beta PDE and the PTD of HSV VP22. Assess the ability of this virus to express a functional PDE...
- Innovative Solid-State Photodetector for Applications in Medical ImagingWoon Seng Choong; Fiscal Year: 2011..The advantages of this new approach are solid-state photodetectors with: (1) high particle detection efficiency (PDE);(2) the region of avalanche controlled by the geometric parameters of the structure rather than by the dopant ..
- SRINIVAS RAVI V IYENGAR; Fiscal Year: 2016..statistical models, graph-theory network based analyses, mathematical biology and dynamical modeling including ODE, PDE and stochastic models...
- Darren D Browning; Fiscal Year: 2016..of PKG2 in barrier-protection and tumor suppression, (3) to determine whether activation of PKG2 signaling by PDE-5 inhibitors is chemopreventative in preclinical models of colon cancer...
- Noninvasive assessment of skeletal muscle integrity and function with statin useJill Slade; Fiscal Year: 2009..by non-invasively measuring phosphorus metabolites with NMR, in particular muscle and blood phosphodiesterase (PDE)...
- BASIS FOR RENAL RESISTANCE TO ATRIAL NATRIURETIC PEPTIDEMichael Humphreys; Fiscal Year: 2004..This mechanism involves a heightened activity of a specific phosphodiesterase (PDE) enzyme in renal target cells for ANP action such that ANFs intracellular second messenger cyclic guanosine-3',5'-..
- SRC KINASE, PATHWAYS MODULATING LH RESPONSIVENESSChristopher Taylor; Fiscal Year: 1999..by which Src tyrosine kinase modulates luteinizing hormone (LH)-stimulated steroid secretion and phosphodiesterase (PDE) activity using porcine thecal interstitial cells as a model...
- RESCUE OF RETINAL DEGENERATION BY GENE THERAPYMICHAEL SUBER; Fiscal Year: 1999..The C57BL/6J (rd/rd) mouse strain has been shown to have a nonsense mutation in the cGMP PDE beta subunit gene...