Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ANLN
Description: anillin, actin binding protein
Alias: FSGS8, Scraps, scra, actin-binding protein anillin
Publications118 found, 100 shown here
- Dissecting temporal and spatial control of cytokinesis with a myosin II InhibitorAaron F Straight
Department of Cell Biology and Institute of Chemistry and Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 250 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 299:1743-7. 2003..Continuous signals from microtubules are required to maintain the position of the cleavage furrow, and these signals control the localization of myosin II independently of other furrow components...
- Anillin binds nonmuscle myosin II and regulates the contractile ringAaron F Straight
Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:193-201. 2005..We propose a role for anillin in spatially regulating the contractile activity of myosin II during cytokinesis...
- Anillin is a scaffold protein that links RhoA, actin, and myosin during cytokinesisAlisa J Piekny
Department of Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Curr Biol 18:30-6. 2008....
- Anillin is a substrate of anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C) that controls spatial contractility of myosin during late cytokinesisWei Meng Zhao
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 5020, USA
J Biol Chem 280:33516-24. 2005..We concluded that anillin functions to maintain the localization of active myosin, thereby ensuring the spatial control of concerted contraction during cytokinesis...
- MgcRacGAP controls the assembly of the contractile ring and the initiation of cytokinesisWei Meng Zhao
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 5020, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:13158-63. 2005..We conclude that MgcRacGAP controls the initiation of cytokinesis by regulating ECT2, which in turn induces the assembly of the contractile ring and triggers the ingression of the cleavage furrow...
- [Infections which humans in the household transmit to dogs and cats]A Mayr
, Infektions und Seuchenmedizin, ,
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg B 187:508-26. 1989..the transmission of infectious agents by feeding raw meat, offal, unsterilized milk products, kitchen scraps and contaminated feedstuffs. Humans can be the source of the following infections: 1...
- Treatment of chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura with rituximab in childrenMurat Dogan
Department of Pediatrics, Yuzuncu Yil University, Van, Turkey
Indian J Pediatr 76:1141-4. 2009..To evaluate the rituximab treatment in children with chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura..
- Characterization and sequence analysis of the scrA gene encoding enzyme IIScr of the Streptococcus mutans phosphoenolpyruvate-dependent sucrose phosphotransferase systemY Sato
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Northwestern University Medical Dental Schools, Chicago, Illinois 60611
J Bacteriol 171:263-71. 1989The Streptococcus mutans GS-5 scrA gene coding for enzyme IIScr of the phosphoenolpyruvate-dependent sucrose phosphotransferase system (PTS) was localized upstream from the scrB gene coding for sucrose-6-phosphate hydrolase activity after ..
- Evaluation of cadmium and other metal losses from various municipal wastes during incineration disposalF S Zhang
Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai 981 8555, Japan
Environ Pollut 115:253-60. 2001..Thirty-eight waste samples, including food scraps (FS), animal wastes (AW), horticulture wastes (HW) and sewage sludges (SS) were collected from various places in ..
- Thiosulfate leaching of gold from waste mobile phonesVinh Hung Ha
Institute for Environmental Science and Technology, Hanoi University of Technology, 1 Dai Co Viet, Hanoi, Viet Nam
J Hazard Mater 178:1115-9. 2010..2-0.3 M ammonia. Similar trends were obtained for the leaching of gold from two different types of scraps and PCBs of waste mobile phones...
- Multiple regulators control capsular polysaccharide production in Vibrio parahaemolyticusZehra Tüzün Güvener
Department of Microbiology, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Bacteriol 185:5431-41. 2003..in the scrABC GGDEF-EAL-signaling pathway; CpsR was required for the increased cps expression observed in scrA deltaopaR strains...
- Study of the transference rules for bromine in waste printed circuit boards during microwave-induced pyrolysisJing Sun
National Engineering Laboratory for Coal Fired Pollutants Emission Reduction, School of Energy and Power Engineering, Shandong University, Jinan, People s Republic of China
J Air Waste Manag Assoc 61:535-42. 2011..It can be concluded that the presented method is suitable for the control of Br transference in the recycling of WPCBs. This method can also be extended to the disposal of the electronic scraps.
- Topography and cytoarchitectonics of small-cell nuclei of the tuber cinereum in InsectivoraA Krawczuk-Robak
Teacher s Training College, Department of Vertebrates Anatomy, Olsztyn, Poland
Anat Anz 170:63-71. 1990..Paraffin scraps were stained with the methods of Nissl and Klüver-Barrera...
- Clearance measurement of metal scraps for nuclear facility at INER in TaiwanHwa Jou Wei
Chemical Analysis Division, Institute of Nuclear Energy Research, Longtan 32546, Taiwan
Appl Radiat Isot 67:944-9. 2009....
- Application of waste ashes to agricultural land--effect of incineration temperature on chemical characteristicsF S Zhang
Graduate School of Agricultlral Science, Tohoku University, Aobaku, Sendai, Japan
Sci Total Environ 264:205-14. 2001..In the present study, 15 samples, including food scraps (FS), animal wastes (AW) and sewage sludges (SS) were collected from various places in Japan, incineration ..
- A Sveinsson's chorioretinal atrophy-associated missense mutation in mouse Tead1 affects its interaction with the co-factors YAP and TAZMichinori Kitagawa
Division of Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 361:1022-6. 2007Sveinsson's chorioretinal atrophy (SCRA) is an autosomal dominant eye disease characterized by bilateral chorioretinal degeneration...
- Management of minor acute cutaneous wounds: importance of wound healing in a moist environmentH C Korting
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 25:130-7. 2011..But minor wounds such as small cuts, scraps or abrasions also need proper care to prevent complications, in particular infections...
- Assessment of the management practices facilitating the establishment and spread of exotic diseases of pigs in the Sydney regionN Schembri
University of Sydney, Camden NSW 2570
Aust Vet J 84:341-8. 2006..To assess management factors that would influence the establishment and spread of exotic diseases in pigs in the Sydney region...
- Recovery of valuable materials from waste liquid crystal display panelJinhui Li
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, China
Waste Manag 29:2033-9. 2009..end-of-life stage, significant environmental hazards, impacts on health and a loss of resources may occur, if the scraps are not managed in an appropriate way...
- Lack of awareness for spatial and verbal constructive apraxiaMaria Cristina Rinaldi
Psychology Department, Sapienza Rome University, Via dei Marsi 78, Rome, Italy
Neuropsychologia 48:1574-82. 2010..tasks built to transpose into the linguistic domain the constructive process as phrasing by arranging paper scraps into a sentence...
- [Synergy between fungi and bacteria in fungi-bacteria augmented remediation of petroleum-contaminated soil]Hui long Han
Department of Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 29:189-95. 2008..soil sampled in Zhongyuan Oil Field were determined as follows: 25% (m/m) soil humidity, 6% (m/m) of wood scraps, 2.5 x 10(4) CFU/g of E. cloacae and 2.5 x 10(7) CFU/g dry soil of Cun. echinulata...
- Australian consumers' food-related environmental beliefs and behavioursEmma Lea
Centre for Physical Activity and Nutrition Research, School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, Deakin University, 221 Burwood Highway, Burwood, Victoria 3125, Australia
Appetite 50:207-14. 2008..Composting food scraps and purchase or consumption of locally produced foods were the most commonly performed food-related environmental ..
- Gold(III) biosorption and bioreduction with the brown alga Fucus vesiculosusY N Mata
Departamento de Ciencia de los Materiales e Ingeniería Metalúrgica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Complutense de Madrid s n, Madrid 28040, Spain
J Hazard Mater 166:612-8. 2009..an alternative and environmentally friendly process that can be used for recovering gold from dilute hydrometallurgical solutions and leachates of electronic scraps, and for the synthesis of gold nanoparticles of different size and shape.
- Drosophila Anillin is unequally required during asymmetric cell divisions of the PNSFergal O'Farrell
Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institute, Alfred Nobels Alle 3, Stockholm, Sweden Natural Science, Södertörns högskola, Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 369:407-13. 2008..We report a role of scraps, Drosophila Anillin, during these divisions...
- Isolation, characterization and sequence analysis of the scrK gene encoding fructokinase of Streptococcus mutansY Sato
Department of Biochemistry, Tokyo Dental College, Chiba City, Japan
J Gen Microbiol 139:921-7. 1993..from Streptococcus mutans GS-5 was identified within a 2 kb DNA fragment immediately downstream from the scrA gene. The gene cloned in Escherichia coli also expressed mannokinase activity...
- Experimental and mechanism research of SO(2) removal by cast iron scraps in a magnetically fixed bedJu hui Jiang
School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
J Hazard Mater 153:508-13. 2008Sulfur dioxide can be effectively removed by cast iron scraps corrosion process in a DC magnetically fixed bed, and iron sulfate compounds are gained as an available byproduct...
- Assessment of growth of Fusarium solani by cyclic voltammetry and possible bioanalytical applicationsS Subrahmanyam
Department of Chemical Engineering, Alagappa College of Technology, Anna University, Madras 600 025, Tamil Nadu State, India
Analyst 125:2166-8. 2000Fusarium solani, the fungus isolated from polyurethane waste scraps, was studied for its voltammetric response. The peak current values were obtained for different days and were plotted against time...
- Limited spread of innovation in a wild parrot, the kea (Nestor notabilis)Gyula K Gajdon
Department for Behavior, Neurobiology and Cognition, University of Vienna, 1090, Vienna, Austria
Anim Cogn 9:173-81. 2006..of kea in Mount Cook Village, New Zealand, some keas open the lids of rubbish bins with their bill to obtain food scraps within...
- Saprotrophic fungal mycorrhizal symbionts in achlorophyllous orchids: finding treasures among the 'molecular scraps'?Marc Andre Selosse
Centre d Ecologie Fonctionnelle et Evolutive CNRS, UMR 5175, Equipe Interactions Biotiques, Montpellier, France
Plant Signal Behav 5:349-53. 2010..Moreover, some unexpected fungi occasionally encountered in plant roots should not be discounted as 'molecular scraps', since these facultatively biotrophic encounters may evolve into mycorrhizal symbionts in some other plants.
- Risk assessment for chemical pickling of metals contaminated by radioactive materialsA Donzella
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Universita degli Studi di Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 123:74-82. 2007In recent years, many cases of contamination of metal scraps by unwanted radioactive materials have occurred...
- Characterization of dairy cattle manure/wallboard paper compost mixtureRonaldo B Saludes
United Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 3 5 8 Saiwai, Fuchu, Tokyo 183 8509, Japan
Bioresour Technol 99:7285-90. 2008The aim of this research was to evaluate the use of manufacturing wallboard paper scraps as an alternative bulking agent for dairy cattle manure composting...
- Is the Sacred ibis a real threat to biodiversity? Long-term study of its diet in non-native areas compared to native areasLoïc Marion
UMR CNRS ECOBIO, Universite de Rennes 1, Campus Beaulieu, 35042 Rennes Cedex, France
C R Biol 336:207-20. 2013..insects (correlated with flooding) or Eristalis larvae picked from the mud (a vacant food niche in France), while scraps of meat taken from rubbish dumps were minor...
- Transmetalation of chromocene by lithium-amide, -phosphide, and -arsenide nucleophilesSabine Scheuermayer
Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, University of Regensburg, Germany D 93040
Inorg Chem 52:3878-83. 2013..identified strong antiferromagnetic exchange between the chromium(II) centers, which was modeled using the spin Hamiltonian H = -2J(SCrA·SCrB), and produced large coupling constants of J = -166 cm(-1) for 2 and -77.5 cm(-1) for 3.
- [Toxic effects of monosodium glutamate wastewater on crop seed germination and root elongation]Rui Liu
College of Environment and Resources, Jilin University, Changchun 130026, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 17:1286-90. 2006..between the inhibition rates of wheat seed germination and root elongation and the COD(Cr) of mother liquor scraps. The toxicity of monosodium glutamate wastewater to the test crops was in the order of tomato > Chinese cabbage > ..
- Impact of strain typing methods on assessment of relationship between paired nares and wound isolates of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusJill E Clarridge
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Service, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Clin Microbiol 51:224-31. 2013..Isolates were typed by repetitive PCR (rep-PCR) (DiversiLab System; DL) and SpectraCell Raman analysis (SCRA) (commercially available methods that can be performed within a clinical lab), pulsed-field gel electrophoresis (..
- Anillin expression is a marker of favourable prognosis in patients with renal cell carcinomaHanna Ronkainen
Department of Surgery, Oulu University Hospital and University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Oncol Rep 25:129-33. 2011..To conclude, anillin expression can be observed both in the cytoplasm and nuclei in patients with RCC. Cytoplasmic anillin expression is a marker of favourable prognosis in RCC patients...
- First European case of convulsions related to analytically confirmed use of the synthetic cannabinoid receptor agonist AM-2201David McQuade
Emergency Department, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 69:373-6. 2013There is increasing reported use of synthetic cannabinoid receptor agonists (SCRA) across Europe. To date, there is limited information on the acute toxicity (harm) related to the use of these products...
- Optimization of thermo-chemical hydrolysis of kitchen wastesAikaterini Ioannis Vavouraki
Chemical Engineering Department, University of Patras, 1 Karatheodori Str, University Campus, 26500 Patras, Greece
Waste Manag 33:740-5. 2013Municipal Solid Wastes (MSWs) in Greece consist mainly of fermentable organic material such as food scraps (∼50%) and paper residuals (∼20%)...
- Green technology for conversion of food scraps to biodegradable thermoplastic polyhydroxyalkanoatesGuocheng Du
School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology, Hawaii Natural Energy Institute, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822, USA
Environ Sci Technol 36:5511-6. 2002A new technology is developed and demonstrated that couples anaerobic digestion of food scraps with production of biodegradable thermoplastics, polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHAs)...
- Ca2+ scraps: local depletions of free [Ca2+] in cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum during contractions leave substantial Ca2+ reserveThomas R Shannon
Department of Physiology, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, Ill, USA
Circ Res 93:40-5. 2003..These findings place stringent novel constraints on how excitation-contraction coupling works in heart and also reveal a Ca2+ store reserve that could in principle be a therapeutic target to enhance cardiac function in heart failure...
- Gelatin-based blends and composites. Morphological and thermal mechanical characterizationE Chiellini
Department of Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry, University of Pisa, Via Risorgimento 35, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Biomacromolecules 2:806-11. 2001..In this study gelatin scraps, deriving from pharmaceutical capsule productions, were turned into films by casting water solutions or ..
- Three-gene expression signature predicts survival in early-stage squamous cell carcinoma of the lungMarcin Skrzypski
University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
Clin Cancer Res 14:4794-9. 2008..Current staging methods are imprecise indications of prognosis, but high-risk patients can be identified by gene expression profiling and considered for adjuvant therapy...
- Applied roles and the future of community psychologyRichard A Jenkins
Prevention Research Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, 6001 Executive Blvd, Bethesda, MD 20892 9589, USA
Am J Community Psychol 45:68-72. 2010..of community psychology as a field as well as the roles of community psychologists are described with consideration of how they may affect participation in the field, retention of membership in SCRA, and potential directions for training.
- Development of biomarkers for screening hepatocellular carcinoma using global data mining and multiple reaction monitoringHyunsoo Kim
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
PLoS ONE 8:e63468. 2013..expression levels between the 3 groups, identifying 4 potential biomarkers: the actin-binding protein anillin (ANLN), filamin-B (FLNB), complementary C4-A (C4A), and AFP...
- Ferromagnetic inks facilitate large scale paper recycling and reduce bleach chemical consumptionMartin Zeltner
Institute for Chemical and Bioengineering, ETH Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Langmuir 29:5093-8. 2013..Preseparation of printed from nonprinted scraps of paper is feasible and reduces the paper mass which has to be fed into a deinking process...
- Repeatability and prediction from a telephone questionnaire measuring diet and activity level in catsJ L Harbison
Department of Veterinary Anatomy and Public Health, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843 4458, USA
Prev Vet Med 55:79-94. 2002..poor for questions referring to activity level, appetite, body condition, type and brand of treats fed, and table scraps. Agreement was moderate for questions referring to brand of dry and canned foods fed, frequency of feeding, and ..
- Introduction of Kenneth I. Maton on his reciept of the 2006 SCRA Award for Distinguished Contributions to Theory and ResearchJulian Rappaport
University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, IL, USA
Am J Community Psychol 41:1-3. 2008
- Submerged arc furnace process superior to the Waelz process in reducing PCDD/F emission during thermal treatment of electric arc furnace dustFu Qian Xu
Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Atmospheric Environment and Pollution Control, College of Environmental Science and Engineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510006, PR China
Sci Total Environ 466:598-603. 2014..process, the submerged arc furnace (SAF) process has also been extensively used to retain metals from ashes and scraps in the metallurgical industry...
- An anillin-Ect2 complex stabilizes central spindle microtubules at the cortex during cytokinesisPAUL FRENETTE
Department of Biology, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e34888. 2012....
- Fine mapping study reveals novel candidate genes for carotid intima-media thickness in Dominican Republican familiesLiyong Wang
John T McDonald Department of Human Genetics, John P Hussman Institute for Human Genomics, Department of Neurology, Epidemiology and Public Health, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, 1120 NW 14th St, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 5:234-41. 2012..Previously, we have mapped quantitative trait loci (QTLs) for CIMT to chromosomes 7p (maximum logarithm of odds=3.1) and to 14q (maximum logarithm of odds=2.3). We sought to identify the underlying genetic variants within those QTLs...
- [Health risk assessment in the metal scrap recycle: the case of Brescia]G B Corsaro
Società Consortile per le Ricerche Ambientali per la Metallurgia RAMET, Brescia, Italy
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 34:259-66. 2012The recycle of metal scraps is one of the most important industrial activity of Brescia: almost 40% of the metal scraps produced in Italy are reprocessed in this Province...
- Comprehensive mutational analysis of sucrose-metabolizing pathways in Streptococcus mutans reveals novel roles for the sucrose phosphotransferase system permeaseLin Zeng
Department of Oral Biology, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
J Bacteriol 195:833-43. 2013..Meanwhile, loss of scrA led to growth stimulation on fructooligosaccharides, due in large part to increased expression of the fruAB (..
- 202 EXPRESSION OF APOLIPOPROTEIN B mRNA IN THE PORCINE OVIDUCTO S Acuña
Department of Cell Biology and Histology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Murcia, Spain
Reprod Fertil Dev 25:249. 2012..Total RNA was extracted from scraps of isthmus-ampullar junction mucosa using RNAqueous(®) kit (Ambion, Austin, TX, USA) according to the ..
- Construction of homologous and heterologous synthetic sucrose utilizing modules and their application for carotenoid production in recombinant Escherichia coliJong Rae Kim
Department of Molecular Science and Technology, Ajou University, Woncheon dong, Yeongtong Gu, Suwon 443 749, Republic of Korea
Bioresour Technol 130:288-95. 2013..coli K12. CscA(EC)-CscB(EC)-CscK(EC) (non-PEP-PTS module) or ScrA(SX)-SacA(LP)-SacK(LP) (PEP-PTS module) was introduced to a diapolycopene-producing E. coli strain. In both Scr(+)E...
- Linkage mapping of the ovine ANLN gene using an insertion/deletion polymorphismC Diez-Tascón
Ag Research Molecular Biology Unit, Department of Biochemistry, University of Otago, PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
Anim Genet 33:243-4. 2002
- Citron kinase controls abscission through RhoA and anillinMarta Gai
Department of Genetics, Biology, and Biochemistry, Molecular Biotechnology Center, University of Turin, 10126 Turin, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 22:3768-78. 2011..Altogether, these results indicate that CIT-K is a crucial abscission regulator that may promote midbody stability through active RhoA and anillin...
- Carbon ion irradiation suppresses metastatic potential of human non-small cell lung cancer A549 cells through the phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase/Akt signaling pathwayToshiyuki Ogata
Department of Radiation Oncology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine
J Radiat Res 52:374-9. 2011We previously showed that carbon ion irradiation can inhibit the expression of the anillin (ANLN) gene, which is regulated by the activation of the phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt signaling pathway associated with metastasis...
- Recycling and reuse of industrial wastes in TaiwanM S Wei
Environmental Protection Administration, 41 Section 1, Chung Hwa Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Waste Manag 21:93-7. 2001..whole/part), glass (whole/part), bleaching earth, ceramics (pottery, brick, tile and cast sand), individual metal scraps (copper, zinc, aluminum and tin), distillery grain (dregs) and plastics...
- Design and optimization of photovoltaics recycling infrastructureJun Ki Choi
Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York 11973, USA
Environ Sci Technol 44:8678-83. 2010..Short-term 5-10 year planning for PV manufacturing scraps is the focus of this article...
- Effect of consumption of potato chip scraps on the performance of pigsS Rahnema
Ohio State University Agricultural Technical Institute, Wooster 44691 4000, USA
J Anim Sci 78:2021-5. 2000A two-phase study was conducted to determine the effect of potato chip scraps (PCS) consumption on dry matter intake (DMI), average daily gain (ADG), and gain: feed ratio (G:F) of nursery (Phase 1) and growing-finishing (Phase 2) pigs as ..
- Bis-(3'-5')-cyclic dimeric GMP-linked quorum sensing controls swarming in Vibrio parahaemolyticusMichael J Trimble
Department of Microbiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:18079-84. 2011..The S-signal was generated by the pyridoxal phosphate-dependent aminotransferase ScrA; signal reception required the periplasmic binding protein ScrB and the membrane-bound GGDEF-EAL domain-containing ..
- Co-disposal of electronic waste with municipal solid waste in bioreactor landfillsC Visvanathan
School of Environment, Resources and Development, Asian Institute of Technology, Pathumthani, 12120 Bangkok, Thailand
Waste Manag 30:2608-14. 2010..as control and solely filled with MSW, whereas the other two lysimeters were provided with 10% and 25% of E-waste scraps (% by weight), respectively...
- The relationship of feeding patterns and obesity in dogsR Heuberger
Department HEV, Central Michigan University, Mt Pleasant, MI 48859, USA
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 95:98-105. 2011..owners who ate nutrient-rich, calorie-poor diets had normal weight dogs, and owners that fed more table scraps had overweight dogs...
- Human and other faeces as breeding media of the trachoma vector Musca sorbensP M Emerson
Medical Research Council Laboratories, Banjul, The Gambia
Med Vet Entomol 15:314-20. 2001..trials), calf (3/9), cow (3/9), dog (2/9) and goat (1/9) faeces, but not from horse faeces, composting kitchen scraps or a soil control (0/9 of each)...
- Simplex-centroid mixture formulation for optimised composting of kitchen wasteN Abdullah
Department of Process and Food Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 UPM, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Bioresour Technol 101:8205-10. 2010..In this present study, the optimised mixture proportions of kitchen waste containing vegetable scraps (V), fish processing waste (F) and newspaper (N) or onion peels (O) were determined by applying the simplex-..
- [The mandrake root and the Viennese Dioscorides]V A Peduto
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Sperimentale, Universita degli Studi, Perugia, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 67:751-66. 2001..Then a starved black dog was tied to the mandrake with a rope. The harvester, with plugged ears, would throw some scraps to the hungry dog...
- Self- and actin-templated assembly of Mammalian septinsMakoto Kinoshita
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Cell 3:791-802. 2002..We conclude that septins alone self-assemble into rings, that adaptor proteins recruit septins to actin bundles, and that septins help organize these bundles...
- Mechanical recycling of waste electric and electronic equipment: a reviewJirang Cui
Division of Mineral Processing, Lulea University of Technology, SE 971 87 Luleå, Sweden
J Hazard Mater 99:243-63. 2003..It is expected that a mechanical recycling process will be developed for the upgrading of low metal content scraps.
- Studies on microbiologically influenced corrosion of SS304 by a novel manganese oxidizer, Bacillus flexusB Anandkumar
CSTD, Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam, 603102, India
Biofouling 27:675-83. 2011A manganese oxidizing bacterium was isolated from the surface of steel scraps and biochemical tests and 16S rRNA sequencing analysis confirmed the isolate as Bacillus flexus...
- The spread of pathogens through trade in pig meat: overview and recent developmentsH Pharo
Risk Analysis Animals, MAF Biosecurity New Zealand, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, 25 The Terrace, Wellington, New Zealand
Rev Sci Tech 30:139-48. 2011A number of animal diseases can be transmitted to pigs via meat if the animals are fed scraps of meat imported from infected countries. For this reason, garbage feeding of pigs is regulated in many countries...
- Cloning and characterization of the scrA gene encoding the sucrose-specific Enzyme II of the phosphotransferase system from Staphylococcus xylosusE Wagner
Mikrobielle Genetik, Universitat Tubingen, Germany
Mol Gen Genet 241:33-41. 1993..The genomic region containing this sucrose uptake gene of Staphylococcus xylosus (scrA) was cloned in Staphylococcus carnosus. The scrA gene was further localized to a 4...
- Location and structure of the nuclei of epithalamus in hedgehogA Robak
Department of Vertebrate Anatomy, Pedagogical University School, Olsztyn
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 56:77-84. 1997Studies were carried out on series of paraffin scraps stained by Nissl and Klüver-Barrera methods. Habenular complex in hedgehog divides into nucleus habenularis medialis (hm) and lateralis (hl)...
- Regulation of sucrose-6-phosphate hydrolase activity in Streptococcus mutans: characterization of the scrR geneK Hiratsuka
Department of Oral Biology, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
Infect Immun 66:3736-43. 1998..These results suggest that the scrR gene is involved in the regulation of scrB, and likely scrA, expression...
- The genes controlling sucrose utilization in Clostridium beijerinckii NCIMB 8052 constitute an operonS J Reid
Department of Microbiology, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch, South Africa
Microbiology 145:1461-72. 1999..comprises four genes, which encode a sucrose-specific enzyme IIBC(Scr) protein of the phosphotransferase system (ScrA), a transcriptional repressor (ScrR), a sucrose hydrolase (ScrB) and an ATP-dependent fructokinase (ScrK)...
- Social ecological analysis of an outbreak of pufferfish egg poisoning in a coastal area of BangladeshM Saiful Islam
International Centre for Diarrheal Disease Research, Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Am J Trop Med Hyg 85:498-503. 2011..multi-level intervention should be developed and disseminated with the participation of target communities to discourage unsafe discarding of pufferfish scraps and to improve the community knowledge about the risk of consuming pufferfish.
- 'Scraps': hidden nursing information and its influence on the delivery of careM Hardey
School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Southampton, Southampton, England
J Adv Nurs 32:208-14. 2000What nurses commonly describe as 'scraps' are defined as the personalized recordings of information that is routinely made on any available piece of paper (hence scraps) or in small notebooks...
- Functional analysis of a human homologue of the Drosophila actin binding protein anillin suggests a role in cytokinesisK Oegema
Cell Biology Program, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany D 69117, USA
J Cell Biol 150:539-52. 2000..These results indicate that anillin is a conserved cleavage furrow component important for cytokinesis. Interactions with at least two other furrow proteins, actin and the septins, likely contribute to anillin function...
- Analysis of a catabolic operon for sucrose transport and metabolism in Clostridium acetobutylicum ATCC 824M Tangney
Department of Biological Sciences, Heriot Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh, UK
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 2:71-80. 2000..The scrT gene, located upstream of scrA encodes an antiterminator that is preceded by a transcription terminator, which is overlapped by a classical ..
- Identification of molecular targets in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas based on genome-wide gene expression profilingSatoya Shimizu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Oncol Rep 18:1489-97. 2007..Three highly up-regulated genes, NT5C3, ANLN and INHBA, were identified on chromosome 7p14...
- Generation of monospecific antibodies based on affinity capture of polyclonal antibodiesBarbara Hjelm
Department of Biotechnology, AlbaNova University Center, Royal Institute of Technology, 10691 Stockholm, Sweden
Protein Sci 20:1824-35. 2011..Polyclonal antibodies directed towards four proteins RBM3, SATB2, ANLN, and CNDP1, potentially involved in human cancers, were selected and antibodies to several non-overlapping epitopes ..
- Recovery and distribution of incinerated aluminum packaging wasteY Hu
Delft University of Technology, P O Box 5048, 2628 CN, Delft, The Netherlands
Waste Manag 31:2422-30. 2011..performed into relations between physical properties of aluminum packaging waste and the corresponding aluminum scraps in bottom ash from three typical incineration processes...
- Treatment of exhaust fluorescent lamps to recover yttrium: experimental and process analysesIda De Michelis
University of L Aquila, Department of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Materials Ex Optimes Loc, Campo di Pile, 67100 L Aquila, Italy
Waste Manag 31:2559-68. 2011..The process is economically feasible if other components of the fluorescent lamps (glass, ferrous and non-ferrous scraps) are recovered after the equipment dismantling and valorized, besides the cost that is usually paid to recycling ..
- src64 and tec29 are required for microfilament contraction during Drosophila cellularizationJeffrey H Thomas
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Molecular Biology Department, Washington Road, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Development 131:863-71. 2004..Double-mutant analysis between scraps, a mutation in anillin that eliminates microfilament rings, and bottleneck suggests that microfilaments can still ..
- From the eye of the albatrosses: a bird-borne camera shows an association between albatrosses and a killer whale in the Southern OceanKentaro Q Sakamoto
Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
PLoS ONE 4:e7322. 2009..cameras showed that some albatrosses actively followed a killer whale (Orcinus orca), possibly to feed on food scraps left by this diving predator...
- [Laminin and fibronectin influence growth characteristics of human lens epithelial cells in vitro]Xin Ling Wang
Department of Ophthalmology, The Forth Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110005, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 41:340-5. 2005..To investigate the effects of Laminin (Ln) and Fibronectin (Fn) on human lens epithelial cells (hLECs) in vitro...
- Characterization of anillin mutants reveals essential roles in septin localization and plasma membrane integrityChristine M Field
Department of Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston MA 02115, USA
Development 132:2849-60. 2005..We demonstrate that the Drosophila scraps gene, identified as a gene involved in cellularization, encodes Anillin...
- Aluminium recycling and environmental issues of salt slag treatmentYanping Xiao
Resources Engineering, Delft University of Technology, Mijnbouwstraat 120, 2628 RX Delft, The Netherlands
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 40:1861-75. 2005..aluminium industry, due to the complexity of compositions and contaminants in the various types of aluminium scraps, an understanding of the behavior of different scraps during melting is crucial in the recycling process...
- Electronic scraps--recovering of valuable materials from parallel wire cablesMishene Christie Pinheiro Bezerra de Araújo
Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Escola Politecnica, University of Sao Paulo, Av Prof Mello Moraes 2464, Sao Paulo 05508 900, Brazil
Waste Manag 28:2177-82. 2008..Separation using panning and elutriation presented the best results in terms of recovery and cross contamination...
- Vibrio parahaemolyticus ScrC modulates cyclic dimeric GMP regulation of gene expression relevant to growth on surfacesRosana B R Ferreira
Department of Microbiology, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Bacteriol 190:851-60. 2008..Specifically, ScrC acts to form c-di-GMP in the absence of ScrA and ScrB; whereas ScrC acts to degrade c-di-GMP in the presence of ScrA and ScrB...
- Tandem duplication and copy number polymorphism of the SRY gene in patients with sex chromosome anomalies and males exposed to natural background radiationSanjay Premi
Molecular Genetics Laboratory, National Institute of Immunology, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi, India
Mol Hum Reprod 12:113-21. 2006..well characterized in gonadal dysgenesis, male infertility and other types of sex chromosome related anomalies (SCRA). However, no information is available on copy number status of this gene under such abnormal conditions...
- Sveinsson chorioretinal atrophy: the mildest changes are located in the photoreceptor outer segment/retinal pigment epithelium junctionFridbert Jonasson
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 85:862-7. 2007To locate the mildest and/or earliest changes in the retina and/or choroid in Sveinsson chorioretinal atrophy (SCRA), using more advanced techniques than previous studies.
- Major advances associated with hormone and growth factor regulation of mammary growth and lactation in dairy cowsR M Akers
Department of Dairy Science, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, 24061, USA
J Dairy Sci 89:1222-34. 2006..We can only hope that enough scientific, fiscal, and resource scraps fall from the biomedical research banquet table to allow dairy-focused mammary gland research to continue.
- Molecular features of hormone-refractory prostate cancer cells by genome-wide gene expression profilesKenji Tamura
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 67:5117-25. 2007..5; P < 0.0001). We observed overexpression of AR, ANLN, and SNRPE and down-regulation of NR4A1, CYP27A1, and HLA-A antigen in HRPC progression...
- Dietary patterns of cats with cardiac diseaseDanielle S Torin
Department of Clinical Sciences, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 230:862-7. 2007..To determine nutrient intake and dietary patterns in cats with cardiac disease...
- Evidence of the exploitation of marine resource by the terrestrial insect Scapteriscus didactylus through stable isotope analyzes of its cuticleAlexandra Maros
Laboratoire d Ecologie, Systématique et Evolution UMR 8079 Bât, 362 Université Paris Sud, Orsay 91405 Cedex, France
BMC Ecol 6:6. 2006..In order to answer this question, we looked for a marine signature of carbon and nitrogen source metabolized by the mole cricket...
- Sveinsson chorioretinal atrophy/helicoid peripapillary chorioretinal degeneration: first histopathology reportFridbert Jonasson
Department of Ophthalmology, Landspitali University Hospital and Faculty of Medicine, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
Ophthalmology 114:1541-6. 2007To report the histopathologic features in an eye with Sveinsson chorioretinal atrophy (SCRA), also termed helicoid peripapillary chorioretinal degeneration, for the first time.
- Investigation of induced radioactivity in the Linac-Adone accelerator complex for the management of the decommissioned materialJuan Carlos Mora
Radiation Protection for the Public and the Environment Unit, Environment Department, Research Centre for Energy, Environment and Technology, Avda Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Health Phys 92:236-41. 2007..The scraps resulting from the decommissioning of LINAC-ADPhiNE have been temporarily stored in the same Frascati laboratory, ..
- Carbon catabolite repression of sucrose utilization in Staphylococcus xylosus: catabolite control protein CcpA ensures glucose preference and autoregulatory limitation of sucrose utilizationIvana Jankovic
Mikrobielle Genetik, Universitat Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 12:114-20. 2007Sucrose utilization in Staphylococcus xylosus is dependent on two genes, scrA and scrB; encoding a PTS permease and a sucrose phosphate hydrolase, respectively...
- Clues to CD2-associated protein involvement in cytokinesisPascale Monzo
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U568, Faculte de Medecine, 06107 Nice Cedex 02, France
Mol Biol Cell 16:2891-902. 2005..Both CD2AP and anillin were found phosphorylated early in mitosis and also CD2AP phosphorylation was coupled to its delocalization from membrane to cytosol. All these observations led us to propose CD2AP as a new player in cytokinesis...
- The "big tent" of community psychology: reactions to Paul Toro's 2004 presidential addressDebra M H Jozefowicz-Simbeni
School of Social Work, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Am J Community Psychol 35:17-22. 2005..that took place following Paul Toro's presidential address for the Society for Community Research and Action (SCRA). Toro argued that community psychology and SCRA are "big tents...
- Leather waste--potential threat to human health, and a new technology of its treatmentK Kolomaznik
Tomas Bata University in Zlin, Faculty of Applied Informatics, Nad Stranemi 4511, 760 05 Zlin, Czech Republic
J Hazard Mater 160:514-20. 2008..g. leather scraps and used leather products)...
- COORDINATION OF S MUTANS SUCROSE METABOLISMLin Tao; Fiscal Year: 2001..Recent studies have shown that several pathways, ftf; gftBC and scrA, are induced by sucrose, while scrA is repressed by fructose, a product of the Gtf activity...
- Analyzing the Impact of the Meyerhoff Scholarship Program: Pathways to the STEM PKENNETH IRA MATON; Fiscal Year: 2010....