Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ANKS1B
Description: ankyrin repeat and sterile alpha motif domain containing 1B
Alias: AIDA, AIDA-1, ANKS2, EB-1, EB1, cajalin-2, ankyrin repeat and sterile alpha motif domain-containing protein 1B, E2a-Pbx1-associated protein, amyloid-beta precursor protein intracellular domain associated protein 1, cajalin 2
Publications201 found, 100 shown here
- The effects of siRNA-mediated inhibition of E2A-PBX1 on EB-1 and Wnt16b expression in the 697 pre-B leukemia cell lineGiovanna Casagrande
Laboratory of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Padova, Italy
Haematologica 91:765-71. 2006..The role of this fusion gene during leukemogenesis is not yet fully understood; one approach to investigate its function is to selectively deplete the E2A-PBX1 protein and examine the consequences...
- EB-1, a tyrosine kinase signal transduction gene, is transcriptionally activated in the t(1;19) subset of pre-B ALL, which express oncoprotein E2a-Pbx1X Fu
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Diego, California, USA
Oncogene 18:4920-9. 1999..Potentially, EB-1 overexpression could interfere with normal signaling controlling proliferation or differentiation...
- Amyloid-beta protein precursor (AbetaPP) intracellular domain-associated protein-1 proteins bind to AbetaPP and modulate its processing in an isoform-specific mannerEnrico Ghersi
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 279:49105-12. 2004..We have recently reported the cloning and characterization of different isoforms of AID associated protein-1 (AIDA-1), a novel AID-binding protein...
- A nuclear localization signal at the SAM-SAM domain interface of AIDA-1 suggests a requirement for domain uncoupling prior to nuclear importArwa Kurabi
Department of Biology, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Mol Biol 392:1168-77. 2009The neuronal scaffolding protein AIDA-1 is believed to act as a convener of signals arising at postsynaptic densities...
- The intracellular localization of amyloid beta protein precursor (AbetaPP) intracellular domain associated protein-1 (AIDA-1) is regulated by AbetaPP and alternative splicingEnrico Ghersi
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 6:67-78. 2004..cloning and initial characterization of two isoforms of a novel protein that we named AID Associated protein-1a (AIDA-1a), AIDA-1b and AIDA-1bDeltaAnk...
- Safety of raw meat and shellfish in Vietnam: an analysis of Escherichia coli isolations for antibiotic resistance and virulence genesThi Thu Hao Van
Biotechnology and Environmental Biology, School of Applied Sciences, RMIT University, Bundoora West Campus, Bundoora, Melbourne, VIC 3083, Australia
Int J Food Microbiol 124:217-23. 2008..Virulence genes detected were fimH (92.1%), bmaE (84.2%), TSPE4.C2 (42.1%), aidA AIDA-I (orfB) (31.6%), east1 (26.3%), traT (23.7%), and others including fyuA, iutA, chuA, yjaA, iss, iroN(E...
- Involvement of spinal neurokinins, excitatory amino acids, proinflammatory cytokines, nitric oxide and prostanoids in pain facilitation induced by Phoneutria nigriventer spider venomEliane Maria Zanchet
Laboratorio de Fisiopatologia, Instituto Butantan, Avenida Vital Brazil, 1500, 05503 900, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Brain Res 1021:101-11. 2004..CGRP8-37) and N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA; MK 801 and AP-5), non-NMDA ionotropic (CNQX), or metabotropic (AIDA and MPEP) glutamate receptor antagonists, suggesting the involvement of spinal neurokinins and excitatory amino ..
- The metabotropic glutamate receptors of the vestibular organsP S Guth
Department of Pharmacology, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112 2699, USA
Hear Res 125:154-62. 1998..by the Group I mGluR antagonists (S)-4-carboxyphenylglycine (CPG) and (RS)-1-aminoindan-1,5-dicarboxylic acid (AIDA). Additional pharmacological evidence supported the presence of Group I mGluRs...
- Expression analysis of selected immune-relevant genes in channel catfish during Edwardsiella ictaluri infectionBanu Elibol-Flemming
Department of Basic Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, Mississippi 39762, USA
J Aquat Anim Health 21:23-35. 2009..End-binding protein 1 (EB1), beta1-integrin, natural-resistance-associated macrophage protein (Nramp), heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70), serum ..
- Neurosteroid modulation of neuronal excitability and synaptic transmission in the rat medial vestibular nucleiSilvarosa Grassi
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Human Physiology, University of Perugia, Via del Giochetto, I 06126 Perugia, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 26:23-32. 2007..acid (AP-5)] and group I metabotropic glutamate receptors (mGlu-I) [(R,S)-1-aminoindan-1,5-dicarboxylic acid (AIDA)] receptors...
- Identification of phosphotyrosine binding domain-containing proteins as novel downstream targets of the EphA8 signaling functionJongdae Shin
Department of Biological Science, Sookmyung Women s University, Chungpa dong 2 Ka, Yongsan Ku, Seoul 140 742, South Korea
Mol Cell Biol 27:8113-26. 2007..Here we show that the phosphotyrosine binding (PTB) domain-containing proteins AIDA-1b and Odin are tightly associated with the EphA8 receptor in response to ligand stimulation...
- Cryo-electron tomography of microtubule-kinesin motor complexesJulia Cope
The Boulder Laboratory for 3 D Microscopy of Cells, University of Colorado at Boulder, Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Boulder, CO 80309 0347, USA
J Struct Biol 170:257-65. 2010..with molecular motors of the kinesin family or non-motor microtubule associated proteins (MAPs) such as tau or EB1 have been the subject of cryo-electron microcopy based 3-D studies for several years...
- A novel microtubule-modulating noscapinoid triggers apoptosis by inducing spindle multipolarity via centrosome amplification and declusteringP Karna
Department of Biology, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Cell Death Differ 18:632-44. 2011..of microtubule dynamics was associated with impaired association of microtubule plus-end tracking proteins, such as EB1 and CLIP-170...
- The role of striatal metabotropic glutamate receptors in Parkinson's diseaseK Ossowska
Department of Neuro Psychopharmacology, Institute of Pharmacology, kraksów, Poland
Amino Acids 23:193-8. 2002..Intrastriatal injections of the mGluR1 antagonist, (RS) AIDA (7.5-15 microg/0.5 microl), but not of the agonist of group II mGluRs, 2R,4R-APDC (7.5-15 microg/0...
- Organization of amyloid-beta protein precursor intracellular domain-associated protein-1 in the rat brainAmanda L Jacob
Curriculum in Neurobiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Comp Neurol 518:3221-36. 2010..Amyloid-beta protein precursor intracellular domain-associated protein-1 (AIDA-1), an abundant component of the biochemical postsynaptic density fraction, contains a nuclear localization ..
- Out-patient management of acute myeloid leukemia after consolidation chemotherapy. Role of a hematologic emergency unitC Girmenia
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, University La Sapienza, Via Benevento 6, 00161, Rome, Italy
Haematologica 84:814-9. 1999..The aim of this prospective study was to evaluate feasibility and safety, as well as clinical characteristics, of out-hospital management of AML patients during their post-consolidation phase...
- The dynamic behavior of the APC-binding protein EB1 on the distal ends of microtubulesY Mimori-Kiyosue
Tsukita Cell Axis Project, Exploratory Research for Advanced Technology, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Shimogyo ku, 600 8813, Japan
Curr Biol 10:865-8. 2000..b>EB1, which was identified as an APC-binding protein by yeast two-hybrid analysis , was also reported to be ..
- Length control of the metaphase spindleGohta Goshima
Physiology Course 2004, Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, Massachusetts 02543, USA
Curr Biol 15:1979-88. 2005..Although a number of molecular perturbations have been shown to influence spindle length, a global understanding of the factors that determine metaphase spindle length has not been achieved...
- Kinesin-13 regulates flagellar, interphase, and mitotic microtubule dynamics in Giardia intestinalisScott C Dawson
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California Berkeley, 341 LSA Bldg, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Eukaryot Cell 6:2354-64. 2007..Both green fluorescent protein-tagged kinesin-13 and EB1 (a plus-end tracking protein) localize to the plus ends of mitotic and interphase microtubules, including a novel ..
- Evaluation of technetium Tc 99m-labeled biotin for scintigraphic detection of soft tissue inflammation in horsesLauren G Kleine
Department of Clinical Sciences, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA
Am J Vet Res 69:639-46. 2008To evaluate the use of technetium Tc 99m-labeled EDTA-biotin monomer ((99m)Tc-EB1) as a scintigraphic imaging agent for soft tissue inflammatory lesions in horses.
- Differential roles of peripheral metabotropic glutamate receptors in bee venom-induced nociception and inflammation in conscious ratsHui Sheng Chen
Department of Neurology, General Hospital of Shen Yang Military Region, Shenyang 110016, PR China
J Pain 11:321-9. 2010..We determined the effects of the group I mGluR antagonist AIDA, the group II mGluR agonist ADPC, and the group III mGluR agonist L-AP4 on BV-induced PSN, mechanical hyperalgesia, ..
- Anti-heart and anti-intercalated disk autoantibodies: evidence for autoimmunity in idiopathic recurrent acute pericarditisA L P Caforio
Division of Cardiology, Department of Cardiological, Thoracic and Vascular Sciences, Centro V Gallucci, University of Padova Policlinico, Via Giustiniani, 2, Padova 35128, Italy
Heart 96:779-84. 2010..Objective To assess frequency of serum anti-heart (AHA), anti-intercalated-disk (AIDA) and non-cardiac-specific autoantibodies and their clinical and instrumental correlates in patients with IRAP...
- Roles of metabotropic glutamate receptor subtypes in modulation of pentylenetetrazole-induced seizure activity in miceC Thomsen
Novo Nordisk A S, Health Care Discovery, Måløv, Denmark
Neuropharmacology 37:1465-73. 1998..The group I mGluR antagonist 1-aminoindan-1,5-dicarboxylic acid (AIDA) dose-dependently antagonised PTZ-induced seizures with a mean ED50 value of 465 nmol...
- Dopamine receptors and groups I and II mGluRs cooperate for long-term depression induction in rat prefrontal cortex through converging postsynaptic activation of MAP kinasesS Otani
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie et Neuropharmacologie du Developpement, Institut des Neurosciences, Universite de Paris VI, 75005 Paris, France
J Neurosci 19:9788-802. 1999..S)-alpha-methyl-4-carboxyphenylglycine (MCPG; group I and II antagonist), (RS)-1-aminoindan-1,5-dicarboxylic acid (AIDA; group I antagonist), or (RS)-alpha-methylserine-O-phosphate monophenyl ester (MSOPPE; group II antagonist)...
- EB1 targets to kinetochores with attached, polymerizing microtubulesJennifer S Tirnauer
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Biol Cell 13:4308-16. 2002..The plus end tracking protein EB1 is required both for regulating microtubule dynamics and for maintaining a euploid genome...
- Using micellar mole fractions to assess membrane protein stability in mixed micellesP Sehgal
Department of Life Sciences, Aalborg University, Sohngaardsholmsvej 49, DK 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Biochim Biophys Acta 1716:59-68. 2005..an extensive analysis of the thermal stability of the membrane-integrated domain of the outer membrane protein AIDA in the presence of different mixed micelles...
- Membrane localization of adenomatous polyposis coli protein at cellular protrusions: targeting sequences and regulation by beta-cateninManisha Sharma
Westmead Institute for Cancer Research, University of Sydney, Westmead Millennium Institute at Westmead Hospital, Westmead, New South Wales 2145, Australia
J Biol Chem 281:17140-9. 2006..This sequence lacks DLG-1 and EB1 binding sites, suggesting that these partners are not absolutely required for APC membrane targeting...
- Isolation of the first metallo-beta-lactamase producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in LebanonZ Daoud
Clinical Microbiology Laboratory, Saint George University Hospital, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Balamand, Beirut, Lebanon
Rev Esp Quimioter 21:123-6. 2008A 58 year-old man was admitted to the Saint Joseph Hospital-Raymond and Aida Najjar polyclinic in Beirut on July 17, 2007 to undergo surgery for a moderately differentiated colonic adenocarcinoma (T3N0)...
- SOCIC: the store-operated calcium influx complexLuis Vaca
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Instituto de Fisiologia Celular, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ciudad Universitaria, Del Coyoacan, 04510 Mexico, DF, Mexico
Cell Calcium 47:199-209. 2010..calcium influx complex (SOCIC), such as the TRPC1 channel, SERCA and the microtubule end tracking protein, EB1. An orchestrated series of events involving the association and dissociation of several protein complexes culminate ..
- Apc1638T: a mouse model delineating critical domains of the adenomatous polyposis coli protein involved in tumorigenesis and developmentR Smits
Medical Genetics Center MGC Department of Human Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Genes Dev 13:1309-21. 1999..In addition, they lack the carboxy-terminal domains that bind to DLG, EB1, and microtubulin...
- Therapy of molecular relapse in acute promyelocytic leukemiaF Lo Coco
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, Universita La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Blood 94:2225-9. 1999..All patients had achieved first molecular remission after the AIDA protocol (all-trans retinoic acid [ATRA] + idarubicin) and were being prospectively monitored by reverse ..
- CD56 expression is an indicator of poor clinical outcome in patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia treated with simultaneous all-trans-retinoic acid and chemotherapyF Ferrara
Divisione di Ematologia, Sezione TERE, Servizio di Immunoematologia, Ospedale Cardarelli, Naples, Italy
J Clin Oncol 18:1295-300. 2000..We investigated the prognostic relevance of CD56 in a series of patients with APL who were treated homogeneously with all-trans-retinoic acid (ATRA) and chemotherapy...
- Definition of relapse risk and role of nonanthracycline drugs for consolidation in patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia: a joint study of the PETHEMA and GIMEMA cooperative groupsM A Sanz
Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Blood 96:1247-53. 2000..All patients received identical induction (AIDA schedule) and maintenance...
- Endogenous sulphur-containing amino acids: potent agonists at presynaptic metabotropic glutamate autoreceptors in the rat central nervous systemM J Croucher
Department of Neuroinflammation, Imperial College School of Medicine, Charing Cross Hospital, Fulham Palace Road, London W6 8RF
Br J Pharmacol 133:815-24. 2001..with the inactivity of the selective mGlu1 receptor antagonists, (R,S)-1-aminoindan-1,5-dicarboxylic acid ((R,S)-AIDA; 100 - 500 microM) and the more potent (+)-2-methyl-4-carboxyphenylglycine (LY367385; 10 microM) against these ..
- Excimer laser trabeculotomy: a new, minimally invasive procedure for patients with glaucomaSonja Wilmsmeyer
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Freiburg, Killianstrasse 5, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:670-6. 2006..Our purpose was to examine IOP reduction and the use of antiglaucoma drugs (AGD) in patients treated with ELT and to evaluate the safety of this laser treatment...
- Regulated binding of adenomatous polyposis coli protein to actinJames B Moseley
Department of Biology and Rosenstiel Basic Medical Sciences Research Center, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02454, USA
J Biol Chem 282:12661-8. 2007..third of APC protein mediates direct interactions with microtubules and the microtubule plus-end tracking protein EB1. In addition, APC has been localized to actin-rich regions of cells, but the mechanism and functional significance ..
- Two-methyl-6-phenylethynyl-pyridine (MPEP), a metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 antagonist, with low doses of MK801 and diazepam: a novel approach for controlling status epilepticusFeng Ru Tang
Epilepsy Research Lab, National Neuroscience Institute, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore
Neuropharmacology 53:821-31. 2007..antagonists at 1 or 2h during pilocarpine induced status epilepticus (PISE), we showed that mGluR1 antagonists AIDA or LY367385 (at dosages ranging from 25 to 200mg/kg), mGluR5 antagonists SIB1757 (at dosages ranging from 25 to ..
- O-linked glycosylation ensures the normal conformation of the autotransporter adhesin involved in diffuse adherenceMarie Eve Charbonneau
Universite de Montreal, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, 3200 Sicotte, St Hyacinthe, Quebec J2S 7C6, Canada
J Bacteriol 189:8880-9. 2007The Escherichia coli adhesin involved in diffuse adherence (AIDA-I) is one of the few glycosylated proteins found in Escherichia coli...
- The microtubule plus end-binding protein EB1 is involved in Sertoli cell plasticity in testicular seminiferous tubulesFubin Wang
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, People s Republic of China
Exp Cell Res 314:213-26. 2008..Moreover, compared to other microtubule plus end-tracking proteins such as CLIP-170 and p150(Glued), EB1 was highly expressed in Sertoli cells and located along microtubule bundles in Sertoli cell processes...
- Centrosome maturation: measurement of microtubule nucleation throughout the cell cycle by using GFP-tagged EB1Michelle Piehl
Department of Biological Sciences, Lehigh University, 111 Research Drive, Bethlehem, PA 18015, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:1584-8. 2004..To view nucleation in living cells, we imaged GFP-tagged EB1, a microtubule tip-binding protein, and determined rates of nucleation by counting the number of EB1-GFP comets ..
- Melanophilin and myosin Va track the microtubule plus end on EB1Xufeng S Wu
Laboratory of Cell Biology, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cell Biol 171:201-7. 2005..Data showing that overexpression and short inhibitory RNA knockdown of the +TIP EB1 have opposite effects on Mlp-microtubule interaction, that Mlp interacts directly with EB1, and that deletion from ..
- Contribution of microtubule growth polarity and flux to spindle assembly and functioning in plant cellsPankaj Dhonukshe
Section of Molecular Cytology and Centre for Advanced Microscopy, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam, Kruislaan 316, 1098 SM Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Cell Sci 119:3193-205. 2006..the dynamics of spindle formation in acentrosomal plant cells by visualizing microtubules labelled with GFP-EB1, GFP-MAP4 and GFP-alpha-tubulin and chromosomes marked by the vital dye SYTO82...
- Enhanced colitis-associated colon carcinogenesis in a novel Apc mutant ratKazuto Yoshimi
Institute of Laboratory Animals, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Yoshidakonoe cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Cancer Sci 100:2022-7. 2009..The truncated APC of the KAD rat was deduced to lack part of the basic domain, an EB1-binding domain, and a PDZ domain, but retained an intact beta-catenin binding region...
- Organization and dynamics of growing microtubule plus ends during early mitosisMichelle Piehl
Department of Biological Sciences, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015, USA
Mol Biol Cell 14:916-25. 2003A stable cell line expressing EB1-green fluorescent protein was used to image growing microtubule plus ends at the G(2)/M transition...
- Glycosylation with heptose residues mediated by the aah gene product is essential for adherence of the AIDA-I adhesinI Benz
Institut für Infektiologie Zentrum für Molekularbiologie der Entzündung ZMBE, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Germany
Mol Microbiol 40:1403-13. 2001The diffuse adherence of Escherichia coli strain 2787 (O126:H27) is mediated by the autotransporter adhesin AIDA-I (adhesin-involved-in-diffuse-adherence) encoded by the plasmid-borne aidA gene...
- GIMEMA-AIEOPAIDA protocol for the treatment of newly diagnosed acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL) in childrenAnna Maria Testi
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, Universita La Sapienza, Via Benevento 6, 00161 Rome, Italy
Blood 106:447-53. 2005..Italiano per le Malattie Ematologiche dell'Adulto (GIMEMA)-Italian Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Group (AIEOP) "AIDA" (ATRA and idarubicin) trial are presented...
- An influence of ligands of metabotropic glutamate receptor subtypes on parkinsonian-like symptoms and the striatopallidal pathway in ratsK Ossowska
Department of Neuro Psychopharmacology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow, Poland
Amino Acids 32:179-88. 2007..Systemic or intrastriatal administration of group I mGluR antagonists (mGluR5 - MPEP, MTEP; mGluR1 - AIDA) was found to inhibit parkinsonian-like symptoms (catalepsy, muscle rigidity) in rats...
- Misorientation and reduced stretching of aligned sister kinetochores promote chromosome missegregation in EB1- or APC-depleted cellsV M Draviam
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
EMBO J 25:2814-27. 2006..that RNAi-mediated depletion of two kMAPs, the adenomatous polyposis coli protein (APC) and its binding partner, EB1, are unusual in affecting the movement and orientation of paired sister chromatids at the metaphase plate without ..
- Characterization of functional domains of human EB1 family proteinsWen Bu
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 278:49721-31. 2003b>EB1 family proteins are evolutionarily conserved proteins that bind microtubule plus-ends and centrosomes and regulate the dynamics and organization of microtubules...
- Isolation and identification of AIDA-I receptors in porcine intestinal mucusY Fang
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, 52 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7N 5B4
Vet Microbiol 126:345-55. 2008Porcine AIDA-I positive Escherichia coli causes diarrhea in neonatal piglets and AIDA-I adhesin is an important virulence factor involved in intestinal colonization with biofilm formation. This biofilm consists of AIDA-I(+)E...
- Peptide mimics selected from immune sera using phage display technology can replace native antigens in the diagnosis of Epstein-Barr virus infectionJ L Casey
AdAlta Pty Ltd, 15 2 Park Drive, Bundoora, VIC 3083, Australia
Protein Eng Des Sel 22:85-91. 2009..We selected four peptides (Eb1-4) with the highest relative binding affinity with immune rabbit sera and a single peptide with high affinity to ..
- Examination of Escherichia coli from poultry for selected adhesin genes important in disease caused by mammalian pathogenic E. coliP Stordeur
Departement de Bactériologie et de Pathologie Bactérienne, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Liege, Campus du Sart Tilman, Bât B43a, B4000, Liege, Belgium
Vet Microbiol 84:231-41. 2002..specific for fimbrial and afimbrial adhesins (F17, F18, S <Sfa/F1C>, Bfp, Afa, Cs31A, Intimin <Eae>, Aida-1) of intestinal, urinary and invasive E...
- DNA sequences coding for the F18 fimbriae and AIDA adhesin are localised on the same plasmid in Escherichia coli isolates from pigletsJacques G Mainil
Chaire de Bactériologie et de Pathologie des Maladies Bactériennes, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Liege, Liege, Belgium
Vet Microbiol 86:303-11. 2002The adhesin-involved-in-diffuse-adherence (AIDA) afimbrial adhesin is produced by human, but not by animal, Escherichia coli, with the exception of German porcine verotoxigenic Escherichia coli (VTEC) [Clin. Diagn. Lab. Immunol...
- EB1-microtubule interactions in Xenopus egg extracts: role of EB1 in microtubule stabilization and mechanisms of targeting to microtubulesJennifer S Tirnauer
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Biol Cell 13:3614-26. 2002b>EB1 targets to polymerizing microtubule ends, where it is favorably positioned to regulate microtubule polymerization and confer molecular recognition of the microtubule end...
- BIM1 encodes a microtubule-binding protein in yeastK Schwartz
Department of Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Mol Biol Cell 8:2677-91. 1997..One of the human homologues, EB1, has been reported previously as binding APC, itself a microtubule-binding protein and the product of a gene ..
- Site-specific translocation and evidence of postnatal origin of the t(1;19) E2A-PBX1 fusion in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaJoseph L Wiemels
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:15101-6. 2002....
- Modeling insulin action for development of a closed-loop artificial pancreasG M Steil
Medtronic MiniMed, Northridge, California 91325, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 7:94-108. 2005..The three models [minimal model, AIDA (Automated Insulin Dosage Advisor), and a model by Sorensen] are used to discuss a wider variety of questions ..
- Structural basis of lytic cycle activation by the Epstein-Barr virus ZEBRA proteinCarlo Petosa
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Grenoble Outstation, B P 181, 38042 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Mol Cell 21:565-72. 2006..from latent to lytic infection is triggered by the EBV immediate-early transcription factor ZEBRA (BZLF1, Zta, Z, EB1). We present the crystal structure of ZEBRA's DNA binding domain bound to an EBV lytic gene promoter element...
- EB1 acts as an oncogene via activating beta-catenin/TCF pathway to promote cellular growth and inhibit apoptosisMei Liu
Laboratory of Cell and Molecular Biology, Cancer Institute and Cancer Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, PR China
Mol Carcinog 48:212-9. 2009Previously we showed that end-binding protein 1 (EB1) may promote cellular growth by activating beta-catenin/T-cell factor (TCF) pathway...
- A progestin-based treatment with a high dose of estradiol benzoate normalizes cyclic changes in endometrial EGF concentrations and restores fertility in repeat breeder cowsSeiji Katagiri
Laboratory of Theriogenology, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
J Reprod Dev 54:473-9. 2008..The effect of 1 (standard dose), 2.5 and 5 mg of EB in a progestin-based treatment protocol (EB1, EB2.5 and EB5 treatments, respectively; n=5 for each group) on endometrial EGF concentrations was first examined...
- Inhibitory effects of Group I metabotropic glutamate receptors antagonists on the expression of NMDA receptor NR1 subunit in morphine tolerant ratsJin bian Liu
Department of Anesthesiology, Shanghai Sixth People s Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
Neurosci Lett 452:268-72. 2009..t.) twice a day for 7 consecutive days. Tail flick test was used to assess the effect of Group I mGluRs antagonist, AIDA ((RS)-1-Aminoindan-1,5 dicarboxylic acid) or mGluR5 antagonist, MPEP (2-methyl-6-(phenylethynyl)pyridine) on ..
- Structural and mechanistic insights into microtubule end-binding proteinsKevin C Slep
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3280, USA
Curr Opin Cell Biol 22:88-95. 2010..Primary plus end tracking proteins include EB1 and XMAP215, while a host of secondary, EB1-dependent plus end proteins have been identified and characterized, ..
- Differential role of Rab proteins in ciliary trafficking: Rab23 regulates smoothened levelsChristopher Boehlke
Renal Unit, University Medical Center, University of Freiburg, Hugstetter Strasse 55, Freiburg 79106, Germany
J Cell Sci 123:1460-7. 2010..Rab23 on the ciliary transport of the HH-associated transmembrane receptor Smoothened, the microtubular tip protein EB1, and the receptor protein Kim1. Ciliary FRAP confirmed the role of Rab8 in protein entry to the cilium...
- Olesoxime prevents microtubule-targeting drug neurotoxicity: selective preservation of EB comets in differentiated neuronal cellsAmandine Rovini
INSERM UMR911, Centre de Recherche en Oncologie biologique et Oncopharmacologie, Aix Marseille Universite, Faculte de Pharmacie, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Biochem Pharmacol 80:884-94. 2010..This neuroprotective effect was correlated with enhanced EB1 accumulation at microtubule plus-ends, increased growth cone microtubule growing rate (20%) and decreased ..
- The Dam1 complex confers microtubule plus end-tracking activity to the Ndc80 kinetochore complexFabienne Lampert
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Cell Biol 189:641-9. 2010..The Ndc80 complex, despite being structurally related to the general tip tracker EB1, fails to recognize growing ends efficiently...
- Autologous stem cell transplantation for patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia in second molecular remissionFelicetto Ferrara
Division of Hematology and Stem Cell Transplantation Unit, Cardarelli Hospital, Naples, Italy
Anticancer Res 30:3845-9. 2010..In all patients, the disease was confirmed at the molecular level and all had received the GIMEMA/AIDA protocol, achieving molecular remission at the end of consolidation...
- Exchange of extracellular L-glutamate by intracellular D-aspartate: the main mechanism of D-aspartate release in the avian retinaBernardo Stutz
Department of Neurobiology, Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho UFRJ, CCS, Ilha do Fundao, 21941 902 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Neurochem Int 58:767-75. 2011..This process is sodium-dependent and it is not prevented by glutamate receptor antagonists such as MK-801, DNQX or AIDA nor mimicked by glutamatergic agonists like kainate, NMDA or trans-ACPD...
- Aurora B regulates formin mDia3 in achieving metaphase chromosome alignmentLina Cheng
Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Dev Cell 20:342-52. 2011..This function is independent of mDia3 actin nucleation activity, but is attributable to EB1-binding by mDia3...
- SMRT analysis of MTOC and nuclear positioning reveals the role of EB1 and LIC1 in single-cell polarizationChristopher M Hale
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The Johns Hopkins University, 3400 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
J Cell Sci 124:4267-85. 2011..Using various cellular geometries and conditions, we implement a systematic and reproducible approach to identify regulators of MTOC and nucleus positioning that depend on extracellular guidance cues...
- Multiple domains of human CLASP contribute to microtubule dynamics and organization in vitro and in Xenopus egg extractsKieren Patel
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Cytoskeleton (Hoboken) 69:155-65. 2012..domains, and a Ser-x-Ile-Pro (SxIP) motif known to target some +TIPs though interaction with end-binding protein 1 (EB1). However, how individual domains contribute to CLASP function is poorly understood...
- Time-dependent cross talk between spinal serotonin 5-HT2A receptor and mGluR1 subserves spinal hyperexcitability and neuropathic pain after nerve injuryZigor Aira
Department of Neurosciences, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of the Basque Country, 48080 Bilbao, Bizkaia, Spain
J Neurosci 32:13568-81. 2012..TCB-2) enhanced C-fiber-evoked dorsal horn potentials after SNL, which was prevented by mGluR1 antagonist AIDA [(RS)-1-aminoindan-1,5-dicarboxylic acid] but not by group II mGluR antagonist LY 341495 [(2S)-2-amino-2-[(1S,2S)-2-..
- Proteomic profiling of Burkholderia cenocepacia clonal isolates with different virulence potential retrieved from a cystic fibrosis patient during chronic lung infectionAndreia Madeira
Institute for Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Centre for Biological and Chemical Engineering, Department of Bioengineering, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Universidade de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
PLoS ONE 8:e83065. 2013..Also, the content of the virulence determinant AidA was higher in the last 2 isolates...
- EB1 accelerates two conformational transitions important for microtubule maturation and dynamicsSebastian P Maurer
London Research Institute, Cancer Research UK, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LY, UK
Curr Biol 24:372-84. 2014..Members of the EB1 and XMAP215 protein families interact autonomously with microtubule ends...
- End-binding protein 1 stimulates paclitaxel sensitivity in breast cancer by promoting its actions toward microtubule assembly and stabilityYouguang Luo
State Key Laboratory of Medicinal Chemical Biology, College of Life Sciences, Nankai University, Tianjin, 300071, China
Protein Cell 5:469-79. 2014..Herein, we show that the expression of end-binding protein 1 (EB1), a regulator of microtubule dynamics involved in multiple cellular activities, in breast tumor tissues correlates ..
- Negative prognostic value of CD34 antigen also if expressed on a small population of acute promyelocytic leukemia cellsMassimo Breccia
Department of Cellular Biotechnologies and Hematology, Sapienza University, Via Benevento 6, 00161, Rome, Italy
Ann Hematol 93:1819-23. 2014..to CD34 expression, even when expressed in a small subpopulation: 114 APL patients homogeneously treated with the AIDA schedule were included in the study and prognostic correlation with respect to CD34 expression, both when expressed ..
- The microtubule plus-end tracking proteins SPR1 and EB1b interact to maintain polar cell elongation and directional organ growth in ArabidopsisCharitha Galva
School of Biological Sciences, Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois 61790
Plant Cell 26:4409-25. 2014..Surprisingly, our combined analyses revealed that SPR1 can load onto microtubules and function independently of EB1 proteins, setting SPR1 apart from most studied +TIPs in animals and fungi...
- End-binding 1 protein overexpression correlates with glioblastoma progression and sensitizes to Vinca-alkaloids in vitro and in vivoRaphael Berges
Aix Marseille Universite, INSERM, CRO2 UMR_S 911, Marseille 13385, France
Oncotarget 5:12769-87. 2014End-binding 1 protein (EB1) is a key player in the regulation of microtubule (MT) dynamics...
- AIDA: ab initio domain assembly for automated multi-domain protein structure prediction and domain-domain interaction predictionDong Xu
Bioinformatics and Systems Biology Program, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA, Center for Research in Biological Systems, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr La Jolla, CA 92093 0446, USA and Center of Excellence in Genomic Medicine Research CEGMR, King Fahad Medical Research Center, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Bioinformatics 31:2098-105. 2015..Template-based modeling methods can often detect homologous templates for individual domains, but templates that could be used to model the entire query protein are often not available...
- A Force-Induced Directional Switch of a Molecular Motor Enables Parallel Microtubule Bundle FormationMaxim I Molodtsov
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, 1030 Vienna, Austria Max F Perutz Laboratories, University of Vienna, Dr Bohr Gasse 9, 1030 Vienna, Austria Research Platform Quantum Phenomena and Nanoscale Biological Systems QuNaBioS, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Cell 167:539-552.e14. 2016..Here, we show that a conserved two-component system consisting of the plus-end tracker EB1 and the minus-end-directed molecular motor Kinesin-14 is sufficient to promote parallel microtubule growth...
- ASK1 controls spindle orientation and positioning by phosphorylating EB1 and stabilizing astral microtubulesYouguang Luo
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, College of Life Sciences, Key Laboratory of Animal Resistance Biology of Shandong Province, Key Laboratory of Molecular and Nano Probes of the Ministry of Education, Shandong Normal University, Jinan, China State Key Laboratory of Medicinal Chemical Biology, Key Laboratory of Protein Science of Tianjin, Key Laboratory of Bioactive Materials of the Ministry of Education, Department of Genetics and Cell Biology, College of Life Sciences, Nankai University, Tianjin, China
Cell Discov 2:16033. 2016..ASK1 interacts with end-binding protein 1 (EB1) and phosphorylates EB1 at serine 40, threonine 154 and threonine 206, enhancing its binding to the plus ends of ..
- Class I mGlu receptor antagonist 1-aminoindan-1,5-dicarboxylic acid blocks contextual but not cue conditioning in ratsK S Nielsen
Department of Psychology, University of York, Heslington, UK
Eur J Pharmacol 326:105-8. 1997..We show here that intraperitoneal injection of the class I selective antagonist 1-aminoindan-1,5-dicarboxylic acid (AIDA) in concentrations of 0.18 or 1...
- Yeast Bim1p promotes the G1-specific dynamics of microtubulesJ S Tirnauer
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
J Cell Biol 145:993-1007. 1999..Here, we report that a yeast protein of the highly conserved EB1 family, Bim1p, promotes cytoplasmic microtubule dynamics specifically during G1...
- [A new diagnostic concept in cardiac pacing for the evaluation of the incidence of atrial arrhythmias. Results of the AIDA study]P Defaye
Clinique Cardiologique et Urgences Cardiologiques, CHU Michallon, Grenoble
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 92:719-26. 1999An international, prospective, multicentre trial (AIDA) was undertaken from October 1995 to March 1997...
- Separation of hemoglobin variants with similar charge by capillary isoelectric focusing: value of isoelectric point for identification of common and uncommon hemoglobin variantsJ M Hempe
Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans 70112, USA
Electrophoresis 21:743-8. 2000..Hb E, C-Harlem, and O-Arab had similar pI and were not readily differentiated. Hb Koln, M-Saskatoon, Aida, and S/Aida hybrid were readily separated from common Hb variants and detected by CIEF...
- The fission yeast kinetochore component Spc7 associates with the EB1 family member Mal3 and is required for kinetochore-spindle associationAnne Kerres
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 15:5255-67. 2004..Fission yeast Mal3 is a member of the EB1 family of microtubule plus-end binding proteins, which have been implicated in this process...
- Mid-infrared extinction spectra and optical constants of supercooled water dropletsRobert Wagner
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research IMK AAF, Karlsruhe, Germany
J Phys Chem A 109:7099-112. 2005..The spectra collection was recorded during expansion experiments in the large coolable aerosol chamber AIDA of Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe...
- The formin mDia regulates GSK3beta through novel PKCs to promote microtubule stabilization but not MTOC reorientation in migrating fibroblastsChristina H Eng
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:5004-16. 2006..Analysis of factors involved in stable MT formation (Rho, mDia, and EB1) showed that GSK3beta functioned upstream of EB1, but downstream of Rho-mDia...
- Centrosomal CAP350 protein stabilises microtubules associated with the Golgi complexAurélie Hoppeler-Lebel
Institut Curie, Section Recherche, UMR144 CNRS, 75248 Paris Cedex, France
J Cell Sci 120:3299-308. 2007..an increase in the stability of the whole microtubule network, as judged by a significant decrease in the number of EB1 comets and by an enhanced microtubule resistance to Nocodazole treatment...
- Analysis of the AIDA-I gene sequence and prevalence in Escherichia coli isolates from pigs with post-weaning diarrhoea and oedema diseaseLixiang Zhao
Animal Infectious Disease Laboratory, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, Jiangsu 225009, PR China
Vet J 180:124-9. 2009..China were screened by multiplex PCR for the presence of the gene encoding adhesin involved in diffuse adhesion I (AIDA-I)...
- The Escherichia coli AIDA-I autotransporter undergoes cytoplasmic glycosylation independently of exportMarie Eve Charbonneau
Canada Research Chair on Bacterial Animal Diseases, Universite de Montreal, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, 3200 Sicotte, St Hyacinthe, J2S 7C6, Quebec, Canada
Res Microbiol 159:537-44. 2008The Escherichia coli adhesin involved in diffuse adherence (AIDA-I) is an outer membrane autotransporter protein and one of the few glycosylated proteins found in Escherichia coli...
- Infrared optical constants of highly diluted sulfuric acid solution droplets at cirrus temperaturesRobert Wagner
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research, IMK AAF, Karlsruhe, Germany
J Phys Chem A 112:11661-76. 2008..spectra that were recorded during controlled expansion cooling experiments in the large coolable aerosol chamber AIDA of Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe...
- Age-dependent anticonvulsant action of antagonists of group I glutamate metabotropic receptors in ratsPavel Mares
Department of Developmental Epileptology, Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska, Prague 4, Czech Republic
Epilepsy Res 83:215-23. 2009..Seven-, 12-, 18- and 25-day-old animals were pretreated with mGluR1 antagonist AIDA (1-20mg/kg i.p.) or mGluR5 antagonist MTEP (5-40 mg/kg i.p.) 30 min before pentetrazol administration (100mg/kg s.c...
- Identification of novel families and classification of the C2 domain superfamily elucidate the origin and evolution of membrane targeting activities in eukaryotesDapeng Zhang
National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20894, USA
Gene 469:18-30. 2010..we identified several distinct families of C2 domains including those respectively typified by C2 domains in the Aida (axin interactor, dorsalization associated) proteins, B9 proteins (e.g...
- Insights into EB1 structure and the role of its C-terminal domain for discriminating microtubule tips from the latticeRuben M Buey
Biomolecular Research, Paul Scherrer Institut, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland
Mol Biol Cell 22:2912-23. 2011..Our data indicate that long-range electrostatic repulsive interactions between the C-terminus and the microtubule lattice drive the specificity of EBs for growing microtubule ends...
- Proteomic analysis of the molecular response of Raji cells to maslinic acid treatmentW H Yap
Faculty of Science, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, Bandar Barat, Kampar, Perak, Malaysia
Phytomedicine 19:183-91. 2012..of stathmin, Ran GTPase activating protein-1 (RanBP1), and microtubule associated protein RP/EB family member 1 (EB1) were confirmed by Western blotting...
- The N-methyl-d-aspartic acid receptor antagonist memantine ameliorates and delays the development of arthritis by enhancing regulatory T cellsSofia S Lindblad
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, University of Gothenburg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Neurosignals 20:61-71. 2012..the N-methyl-D-aspartic acid (NMDA) receptor channel blocker memantine; group 2, the metabotropic GluR antagonist AIDA, and group 3, the excitatory amino acid receptor antagonist kynurenic acid (KA)...
- Putative depolarisation-induced retrograde signalling accelerates the repeated hypoxic depression of excitatory synaptic transmission in area CA1 of rat hippocampus via group I metabotropic glutamate receptorsF Nuritova
Neurosciences Institute, Division of Pathology and Neuroscience, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
Neuroscience 222:159-72. 2012..In addition, the acceleration of the hypoxic depression of the EPSC was prevented by the GI mGluR antagonist AIDA, but not by the CB1 cannabinoid receptor antagonist AM251...
- Comparative genomic analysis of Brucella melitensis vaccine strain M5 provides insights into virulence attenuationHai Jiang
State Key Laboratory for Infectious Disease Prevention and Control, Collaborative Innovation Center for Diagnosis and Treatment of Infectious Diseases, National Institute for Communicable Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 8:e70852. 2013..Several SNPs of important virulence-related genes (motB, dhbC, sfuB, dsbAB, aidA, aroC, and lysR) were also detected, and may be used to determine the mechanism of virulence attenuation...
- The role of glutamatergic and GABAergic systems on serotonin- induced feeding behavior in chickenSepideh Seyedali Mortezaei
Section of Physiology, Department of Basic Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tehran, PO Box 14155 6453, Tehran, Iran
Vet Res Commun 37:303-10. 2013..3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 prior to serotonin injection, chickens received CNQX (AMPA/kainate receptor antagonist, 390 nmol), AIDA (mGluR1 antagonist, 2 nmol), LY341495 (mGluR2 antagonist, 150 nmol), UBP1112 (mGluR3 antagonist, 2 nmol), ..
- Dynamic microtubules catalyze formation of navigator-TRIO complexes to regulate neurite extensionJeffrey van Haren
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus MC, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Biol 24:1778-85. 2014..TRIO is also a +TIP, as it interacts with the core +TIP EB1 and tracks microtubule plus ends via EB1 and NAV1...
- Epstein-Barr virus transcription factor Zta acts through distal regulatory elements to directly control cellular gene expressionSharada Ramasubramanyan
School of Life Sciences, University of Sussex, Brighton BN1 9QG, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 43:3563-77. 2015..We asked whether a viral bZIP transcription factor, Zta (BZLF1, ZEBRA, EB1), drives some of these changes...
- JOHN CHARLES WILLIAMS; Fiscal Year: 2014..and dynamics of CAP-Gly domain of dynactin and of its macromolecular assemblies with the microtubules and with EB1 protein...
- MELISSA KLEIN GARDNER; Fiscal Year: 2016..we will investigate the mechanism for tip-tracking of important microtubule plus end-binding proteins, such as Eb1, to determine whether the microtubule tip structures could provide a platform for targeting of important length-..
- Mutations in the CAP-Gly Domain of p150Glued in NeurodegenerationArmen J Moughamian; Fiscal Year: 2012..the dynein motor and also independently binds microtubules and microtubule plus-end binding proteins, including EB1, via interactions mediated by an N-terminal cytoskeleton- associated protein glycine-rich (CAP-Gly) domain...
- ROLAND E BARON; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our preliminary data revealed a functional interaction between MTs, the +Tip protein EB1, cortactin and podosomes, required for the formation of podosome belts...
- Yinghui Mao; Fiscal Year: 2015..Using microtubule- binding- and EB1-binding-deficient mDia3 mutants for rescue of mDia3 siRNA depletion phenotypes, we will determine whether mDia3 at ..
- ACTIN AND MICROTUBULE-BASED MECHANISMS FOR FUNCTIONS OF NK LYMPHOID CELLSJohn A Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2013..be necessary for the capture of dynamic microtubule plus ends at the lytic synapse, acting in concert with APC and EB1. We will investigate the molecular mechanisms that underlie microtubule capture, using a combination of molecular ..
- Determining How Tau and EB1 Affect Microtubule Structure &Kinesin TranslocationBENJAMIN JOSE LOPEZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..In particular, we will investigate two important MAPs: tau and EB1. Normal tau binds to and regulates the growth and stability of MTs while certain tau mutations are known to cause ..
- Bruce L Goode; Fiscal Year: 2016..and microtubule cytoskeletons are coordinated by a group of three interacting mammalian proteins: APC, Dia1, and EB1. This work will define the functions and mechanisms of these proteins, and provide a deeper understanding of the ..
- THOMAS EUGENE LLOYD; Fiscal Year: 2016..occur when dynamic MT plus-ends capture vesicles through interactions between p150 and end binding protein-1 (EB1), a "master regulator of MT plus-ends"...
- REGULATION OF NEURONAL SYNAPTIC COMPONENTSMichele Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2009..that APC'S interactions with three essential postsynaptic components: microtubule plus end binding protein-1 (EB1), beta-catenin and postsynaptic density protein-93 (PSD-93) mediate these essential aspects of synapse formation...
- Light-activated proteolysis as a tool to analyze intracellular protein functionTorsten Wittmann; Fiscal Year: 2013..test our approach by generating protease-sensitive versions of two multi-domain cytoskeleton proteins, talin and EB1, and by constructing a protease-sensitive kinase domain to demonstrate feasibility and versatility...
- Ao Ma; Fiscal Year: 2014..along this direction is the recent identification of a network of five regulatory proteins (KLP59C, KLP67A, Mast, EB1 and Msps) that governs kinetochore MT (kMT) plus-end dynamics during metaphase...
- BRYEN ALEXANDER JORDAN; Fiscal Year: 2015..cell biology and imaging analysis of primary neuronal cultures to test the hypothesis that the novel APP adaptor AIDA-1 regulates A2 production by promoting APP internalization...
- FUNCTION OF THE NOVEL PROTEIN EB1JENNIFER TIRNAUER; Fiscal Year: 2003..One of APC's known binding partners is EB1, product of a gene found by the yeast two hybrid interaction trap using APC as bait...
- APC TUMOR SUPPRESSOR PATHWAY IN EXTRACOLONIC TISSUESAlan Yahanda; Fiscal Year: 2000..GSK-3beta), the human homolog of the Drosophila disks large protein (DLG), and a protein of unknown function, EB1. The applicants propose to evaluate whether the APC tumor suppressor pathway differs in cells of colonic and ..
- Regulation of the kinetochore-microtuble interfaceWalter Gall; Fiscal Year: 2006..Preliminary data from my yeast studies suggest Aurora B regulates another MT-associated protein Dim1 (human EB1). EB1 proteins are known to bind and promote stability of plus-end kMTs...
- NEW APC ASSOCIATED PROTEIN, EB1Li Kuo Su; Fiscal Year: 2000DESCRIPTION: The studies outlined in this proposal focus on the characterization of EB1 and the exploration of its activities. The proposed studies include: Genetic characterization of EB1: (1) Isolation of human EB1 homologs...
- FUNCTION OF THE NOVEL PROTEIN EB1JENNIFER TIRNAUER; Fiscal Year: 2002..Several microtubule tip binding proteins have recently been identified. One of these is EB1, the protein on which the K08 proposal referenced above is based...
- Polarity establishment during neuronal migrationHolden Higginbotham; Fiscal Year: 2007..GTPases Cdc42, Rac1, and RhoA, their effector protein IQGAP1, and +TIP microtubule (MT) tracking proteins EB1, CLIP-170 and APC...
- REGULATION OF CYTOPLASMIC DYNEIN TARGETINGKevin Vaughan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Through identification of cargo binding subunits and regulatory pathways that control dynein function, this work will advance our understanding of molecular motors and provide new tools for future work. ..
- MECHANISMS OF MICROTUBULE AND MITOTIC SPINDLE ASSEMBLYLynne Cassimeris; Fiscal Year: 2006..To address these issues, we will apply a number of fluorescence-based imaging methods combined with siRNA or injection of function-blocking proteins or antibodies. ..
- FUNCTION OF THE FE65/APP COMPLEXJoseph Buxbaum; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specific Aim 2. To discover genes whose transcription is regulated by the FE65/gamma-CTF complex. Specific Aim 3. To elucidate signals that regulate the formation and nuclear translocation of the FE65/gamma-CTF complex. ..
- EXTINCTION AND RECOVERY OF CONDITIONED AVERSIONSTodd Schachtman; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- RAB5 AND APP PROCESSING AS RELATED TO AGINGJoseph Buxbaum; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PRESENILINS, APOPTOSIS AND AMYLOID BETA PROTEINJoseph Buxbaum; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Expression Profiling in Canine Models of Human DiseaseGordon Tomaselli; Fiscal Year: 2005..As expression profile data is generated, it will be incorporated into a web-based database of canine gene expression profiles. ..
- CDP-choline: Mechanisms in Cerebral IschemiaRAO ADIBHATLA; Fiscal Year: 2006..Arachidonic acid activates neutral sphingomyelinase, resulting in membrane disintegration. PCCT activity was stimulated by exogenous CDP-choline. Aim 2 will be tested in gerbil transient forebrain ischemia. ..
- Polpeptides of the Flagellar Tip ComplexROGER SLOBODA; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Synapse-to-nucleus signaling components in PSDsBRYEN JORDAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..This work will increase our understanding of synaptic function which is critical in learning and memory. ..
- Type II TGF Beta Receptor and RCC ProgressionAlexander Parker; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 3/5-Elucidating the Genetic Architecture of Autism by Deep Genomic SequencingJoseph D Buxbaum; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Mouse Model of Ethanol Relapse PropensityRoberto Melendez; Fiscal Year: 2007..Research to this end could potentially lead to pharmacotherapies that might reduce relapse risk and craving states. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Acquisition of a High-throughput Confocal Imaging SystemClaire Walczak; Fiscal Year: 2008..Overall the proposed instrumentation would have a significant impact on the research approaches and progress made by life sciences researchers at our university. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic Polymorphisms in TRAIL Pathway as Susceptibility Markers for Lung CancerJie Lin; Fiscal Year: 2008..The goal of this study is to further our understanding of lung carcinogenesis. Polymorphic changes on TRAIL pathway may be useful risk biomarkers to identify high-risk populations. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development of an additive model to study the significance of heat-labile and heaWeiping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pathogenesis of EAST1 toxin in ETEC associated diarrhea diseaseWeiping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2008..The determination of virulence significance of EAST1 toxin in diarrheal disease will provide essential information to prevent or control this disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Interactions between CLIP-170 and tubulinHolly Goodson; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..