Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ANGPT1
Description: angiopoietin 1
Alias: AGP1, AGPT, ANG1, angiopoietin-1, ANG-1
Publications212 found, 100 shown here
- Oligomerization and multimerization are critical for angiopoietin-1 to bind and phosphorylate Tie2Kyung Tae Kim
Biomedical Research Center and Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon
J Biol Chem 280:20126-31. 2005Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) is an essential molecule for blood vessel formation; however, little is known about the structure-function relationships of Ang1 with its receptor, Tie2 (tyrosine kinase with immunoglobulin and epidermal growth ..
- Systemic analysis of tyrosine phosphorylated proteins in angiopoietin-1 induced signaling pathway of endothelial cellsYoung Mee Kim
Center for Cell Signaling and Drug Discovery Research, College of Pharmacy and Division of Life and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ewha Womans University, Seoul 120 750, Korea
J Proteome Res 6:3278-90. 2007..Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) regulates angiogenesis as a ligand of Tie 2 receptor tyrosine kinase...
- Isolation of angiopoietin-1, a ligand for the TIE2 receptor, by secretion-trap expression cloningS Davis
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Tarrytown, New York 10591, USA
Cell 87:1161-9. 1996..However, its expression in close proximity with developing blood vessels implicates Angiopoietin-1 in endothelial developmental processes...
- Requisite role of angiopoietin-1, a ligand for the TIE2 receptor, during embryonic angiogenesisC Suri
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Tarrytown, New York 10591, USA
Cell 87:1171-80. 1996..Angiopoietin-1 seems to play a crucial role in mediating reciprocal interactions between the endothelium and surrounding matrix and mesenchyme...
- Angiopoietin-2, a natural antagonist for Tie2 that disrupts in vivo angiogenesisP C Maisonpierre
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc, 777 Old Saw Mill River Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Science 277:55-60. 1997Angiogenesis is thought to depend on a precise balance of positive and negative regulation. Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) is an angiogenic factor that signals through the endothelial cell-specific Tie2 receptor tyrosine kinase...
- Angiopoietin-1 induces sprouting angiogenesis in vitroT I Koblizek
Department of Molecular Cell Biology Max Planck Institute for Physiological and Clinical Research Kerckhoff Institute Parkstrasse 1, 61231, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Curr Biol 8:529-32. 1998..Although 'knockouts' of the gene encoding the Tie2 receptor, or its activating ligand angiopoietin-1 (Ang1), result in embryonic lethality in mice due to an absence of remodeling and sprouting of blood vessels [4,5], ..
- Chemotactic properties of angiopoietin-1 and -2, ligands for the endothelial-specific receptor tyrosine kinase Tie2B Witzenbichler
Department of Cardiovascular Research, St Elizabeth s Medical Center of Boston, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02135, USA
J Biol Chem 273:18514-21. 1998....
- Angiopoietin-1 is an apoptosis survival factor for endothelial cellsH J Kwak
National Creative Research Initiatives Center for Cardiac Regeneration and Institute of Cardiovascular Research, Chonbuk National University School of Medicine, Chonju, South Korea
FEBS Lett 448:249-53. 1999We examined the effect of angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) on apoptosis in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs). Ang1 (5-1000 ng/ml) dose-dependently inhibited apoptosis under a serum-deprived state...
- Angiopoietin-1 and -2 coiled coil domains mediate distinct homo-oligomerization patterns, but fibrinogen-like domains mediate ligand activityW N Procopio
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6142, USA
J Biol Chem 274:30196-201. 1999....
- Angiopoietin-1 and angiopoietin-2 activate trophoblast Tie-2 to promote growth and migration during placental developmentC Dunk
Department of Reproductive and Vascular Biology, University of Birmingham, Birmingham Women s Hospital, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 156:2185-99. 2000....
- Angiopoietin-1 negatively regulates expression and activity of tissue factor in endothelial cellsInjune Kim
National Creative Research Initiatives Center for Endothelial Cells and Division of Molecular and Life Sciences, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang, Republic of Korea
FASEB J 16:126-8. 2002..Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1), a strong activator of intracellular PI 3'-kinase/Akt, inhibited the induction of TF by VEGF and TNF-a, whereas ..
- Angiopoietin-1 is normally expressed by periendothelial cellsS C Satchell
Thromb Haemost 86:1597-8. 2001
- Human placental vascular development: vasculogenic and angiogenic (branching and nonbranching) transformation is regulated by vascular endothelial growth factor-A, angiopoietin-1, and angiopoietin-2Eli Geva
Center for Reproductive Sciences, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0556, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4213-24. 2002..Quantitative real-time PCR analysis demonstrated that VEGF-A and Ang1 mRNA increased in a linear pattern by 2.5 (not significant) and 2.8%/wk (P = 0...
- Angiopoietin-1 and angiopoietin-2 share the same binding domains in the Tie-2 receptor involving the first Ig-like loop and the epidermal growth factor-like repeatsUlrike Fiedler
Department of Vascular Biology and Angiogenesis Research, Tumor Biology Center, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:1721-7. 2003....
- Tie-2-dependent activation of RhoA and Rac1 participates in endothelial cell motility triggered by angiopoietin-1Ilaria Cascone
Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Torino, Candiolo, Italy
Blood 102:2482-90. 2003..Taken together, these results further expand our understanding of angiopoietin-1-mediated endothelial cell motility during vascular network assembly and angiogenesis...
- Functional significance of Tie2 signaling in the adult vasculatureKevin G Peters
Procter and Gamble Pharmaceuticals, Health Care Research Center, Mason, Ohio 45140, USA
Recent Prog Horm Res 59:51-71. 2004..Tie2 extracellular domain (ExTek) was designed that blocked the activation of Tie2 by its activating ligand, angiopoietin 1 (Ang1)...
- Angiopoietin 1 and vascular endothelial growth factor modulate human glomerular endothelial cell barrier propertiesSimon C Satchell
Academic Renal Unit, University of Bristol, Southmead Hospital, Bristol, United Kingdom
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:566-74. 2004..Podocytes produce endothelial factors, including angiopoietin 1 (ang1), and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), whereas GEnC express their respective receptors Tie2 ..
- Overexpression of angiopoietin-1 and angiopoietin-2 in hepatocellular carcinomaTakuji Torimura
Second Department of Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, Liver Cancer Division, Research Center for Innovative Cancer Therapy, and Center of the 21st Century COE Program for Medical Science, Kurume University, Fukuoka 830 0011, Japan
J Hepatol 40:799-807. 2004..Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is a highly vascular tumor. Angiopoietin-1 and Angiopoietin-2 have been shown to be involved in tumor angiogenesis. We investigated the expression of Angiopoietin-1 and Angiopoietin-2 in HCC...
- Biological characterization of angiopoietin-3 and angiopoietin-4Hyuek Jong Lee
Biomedical Research Center and Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon, Korea
FASEB J 18:1200-8. 2004The angiopoietin (Ang) family of growth factors includes Ang1, Ang2, Ang3, and Ang4, all of which bind to the endothelial receptor tyrosine kinase Tie2. Ang3 (mouse) and Ang4 (human) are interspecies orthologs...
- Angiopoietins can directly activate endothelial cells and neutrophils to promote proinflammatory responsesCaroline Lemieux
Research Center, Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, QC, Canada H1T 1C8
Blood 105:1523-30. 2005Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) and -2 (Ang2) are endothelial growth factors that bind to the tyrosine kinase receptor Tie2 and contribute to orchestrate blood vessel formation during angiogenesis...
- Suppression of angiogenesis and tumor growth by selective inhibition of angiopoietin-2Jonathan Oliner
Amgen, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
Cancer Cell 6:507-16. 2004..These results imply that specific Ang2 inhibition may represent an effective antiangiogenic strategy for treating patients with solid tumors...
- Angiopoietin-1 promotes lymphatic sprouting and hyperplasiaTuomas Tammela
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedicum Helsinki, Finland
Blood 105:4642-8. 2005b>Angiopoietin 1 (Ang1), a ligand for the receptor tyrosine kinase Tie2, regulates the formation and stabilization of the blood vessel network during embryogenesis...
- Angiopoietin-1 attenuates H2O2-induced SEK1/JNK phosphorylation through the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway in vascular endothelial cellsTomoaki Murakami
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, 54 Shogoin Kawaharacho Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:31841-9. 2005..We reported here the role of angiopoietin-1 (Ang1), which is a prosurvival factor in endothelial cells, during endothelial cell damage induced by oxidative stress...
- Angiopoietin affects neutrophil migrationDaniel H Sturn
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Microcirculation 12:393-403. 2005..This study focused on effects of 2 other angiogenic growth factors, angiopoietin-1 and angiopoietin-2, on human neutrophils and on the involvement of the angiopoietin receptor Tie-2...
- Roles of reactive oxygen species in angiopoietin-1/tie-2 receptor signalingRania Harfouche
Critical Care and Respiratory Divisions, Royal Victoria Hospital and Meakins Christie Laboratories, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
FASEB J 19:1728-30. 2005....
- Angiopoietin-1 requires p190 RhoGAP to protect against vascular leakage in vivoTadanori Mammoto
Department of Medicine, Division of Interdisciplinary Medicine and Biotechnology and Center for Vascular Biology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 282:23910-8. 2007..These results provide mechanistic evidence that targeting the endothelium through Tie-2 may offer specific therapeutic strategies in life-threatening endotoxemic conditions such as sepsis and acute respiratory distress syndrome...
- Regulated proteolytic processing of Tie1 modulates ligand responsiveness of the receptor-tyrosine kinase Tie2Marie B Marron
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, Robert Kilpatrick Clinical Sciences Bld, P O Box 65, Leicester, LE2 7LX United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 282:30509-17. 2007..and generation of phosphorylated receptor fragments in the presence of cartilage oligomeric protein angiopoietin 1. A key function of gamma-secretase is in preventing accumulation of these phosphorylated fragments...
- Prevention of LPS-induced acute lung injury in mice by mesenchymal stem cells overexpressing angiopoietin 1Shirley H J Mei
The Terrence Donnelly Research Laboratories, Division of Cardiology, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS Med 4:e269. 2007..We hypothesized that mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs), with or without transfection with the vasculoprotective gene angiopoietin 1 (ANGPT1) would have beneficial effects in experimental ALI in mice.
- Admission angiopoietin levels in children with septic shockJohn S Giuliano
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Shock 28:650-654. 2007..Given the contrasting effects of angpt-2 and angpt-1 on the vascular endothelium, these two factors may play an important role in the pathophysiology of septic shock in children, and further studies are warranted...
- Regulation of angiopoietin expression by bacterial lipopolysaccharideMahroo Mofarrahi
Critical Care Division, Royal Victoria Hospital, 687 Pine Ave West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1A1
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 294:L955-63. 2008....
- Angiopoietin-2 levels as a biomarker of cardiovascular risk in patients with hypertensionJeetesh V Patel
University Department of Medicine, City Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Ann Med 40:215-22. 2008..We hypothesized that raised levels of angiopoietin (Ang)-1 and -2 would predict events in patients with hypertension treated for CVD...
- Differential function of Tie2 at cell-cell contacts and cell-substratum contacts regulated by angiopoietin-1Shigetomo Fukuhara
Department of Structural Analysis, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, 5 7 1 Fujishirodai, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 10:513-26. 2008Tie2 belongs to the receptor tyrosine kinase family and functions as a receptor for Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1)...
- The distribution of angiopoietin-1, angiopoietin-2 and their receptors tie-1 and tie-2 in the very early human placentaY Seval
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Akdeniz University, 07070 Antalya, Turkey
Placenta 29:809-15. 2008....
- Localization of angiogenic growth factors and their receptors in the human placental bed throughout normal human pregnancyB Schiessl
School of Surgical and Reproductive Sciences, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Placenta 30:79-87. 2009..These findings suggest that the Ang and VEGF families may play a role in the process of spiral artery remodelling in normal pregnancy...
- Angiopoietin 2 is a partial agonist/antagonist of Tie2 signaling in the endotheliumHai Tao Yuan
Molecular and Vascular Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:2011-22. 2009Angiopoietin 2 (Ang2) was originally shown to be a competitive antagonist for Ang1 of the receptor tyrosine kinase Tie2 in endothelial cells (ECs). Since then, reports have conflicted on whether Ang2 is an agonist or antagonist of Tie2...
- Serum angiopoietin-1 and -2 levels discriminate cerebral malaria from uncomplicated malaria and predict clinical outcome in African childrenFiona E Lovegrove
McLaughlin Rotman Centre for Global Health, McLaughlin Centre for Molecular Medicine, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e4912. 2009..The objective of this study was to assess serum biomarkers that differentiate between CM and non-CM, with the long-term goal of developing a clinically informative prognostic test for severe malaria...
- Expression and release of angiopoietin-1 from human neutrophils: intracellular mechanismsPaul Eduard Neagoe
Montreal Heart Institute, Research Center and Department of Pharmacology, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Growth Factors 27:335-44. 2009We recently demonstrated that Tie2 receptor activation on human neutrophils by both angiopoietins (Ang1 and Ang2) promoted platelet-activating factor synthesis, beta(2)-integrin activation, and cell migration...
- An autocrine linkage between matrix metalloproteinase-14 and Tie-2 via ectodomain shedding modulates angiopoietin-1-dependent function in endothelial cellsMitsuho Onimaru
Division of Pathophysiological and Experimental Pathology, Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:818-26. 2010..The angiopoietin (Ang)-Tie-2 system plays a critical role during fetal and adult angiogenesis. Herein, we explored the Tie-2 shedding-related molecular mechanisms and the pathophysiological significance...
- Dysregulation of angiopoietins is associated with placental malaria and low birth weightKarlee L Silver
McLaughlin Rotman Centre for Global Health, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 5:e9481. 2010..Based on the essential role of angiopoietin (ANG)-1 and -2 in normal placental vascular development, we hypothesized that PM may result in the dysregulation of angiopoietins and thereby contribute to LBW outcomes...
- Primary monocytes regulate endothelial cell survival through secretion of angiopoietin-1 and activation of endothelial Tie2Shai Y Schubert
Division of Health Sciences and Technology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:870-5. 2011..Tie2 plays a key role in endothelial health and vascular remodeling. We studied monocyte-mediated Tie2/angiopoietin signaling following interaction of primary monocytes with endothelial cells and its role in endothelial cell survival...
- Angiopoietin-1 but not angiopoietin-2 induces IL-8 synthesis and release by human neutrophilsPaul Eduard Neagoe
Research Center, Montreal Heart Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Cell Physiol 227:3099-110. 2012..expression on human neutrophils, which promote chemotactic activities upon activation by both angiopoietins (Ang1 and Ang2)...
- Imbalance of angiopoietin-1 and angiopoetin-2 in severe dengue and relationship with thrombocytopenia, endothelial activation, and vascular stabilityMeta Michels
Department of General Internal Medicine, Radboud University Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Am J Trop Med Hyg 87:943-6. 2012..Dengue-associated thrombocytopenia and endothelial activation are associated with an imbalance in angiopoietin-2: angiopoietin-1 plasma levels. This imbalance may contribute to the transient plasma leakage in DHF/DSS...
- Platelet activation determines angiopoietin-1 and VEGF levels in malaria: implications for their use as biomarkersJudith Brouwers
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Haematology, University Medical Centre, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e64850. 2014....
- Angiopoietin-1 inhibits vascular permeability, angiogenesis, and growth of hepatic colon cancer tumorsOliver Stoeltzing
Department of Cancer Biology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 63:3370-7. 2003..Thus, Ang-1 could potentially serve as an antineoplastic or anti-permeability agent for patients with metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Angiopoietins and Tie-2 expression in angiogenesis and proliferation of human hepatocellular carcinomaNoboru Mitsuhashi
Department of General Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan
Hepatology 37:1105-13. 2003..In conclusion, an increased expression of Ang-2/1 in the presence of VEGF may play a critical role in promoting tumor angiogenesis and progression in human HCC...
- Stabilization of breast cancer xenograft tumour neovasculature by angiopoietin-1S Tian
Department of Oncology, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3970 Reservoir Road, NW, Washington DC 20007, USA
Br J Cancer 86:645-51. 2002..These findings suggest that a vascular stabilization effect of angiopoietin-1 accounts for the inhibition of tumour growth...
- Tie2 receptor ligands, angiopoietin-1 and angiopoietin-2, modulate VEGF-induced postnatal neovascularizationT Asahara
Department of Medicine Cardiology, St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Mass 02135, USA
Circ Res 83:233-40. 1998..Addition of Ang 1 to VEGF (Ang1+VEGF) produced an increase in macroscopically evident perfusion of the corneal neovasculature ..
- Enhanced expression of angiopoietin-2 and the Tie2 receptor but not angiopoietin-1 or the Tie1 receptor in a rat model of myocardial infarctionKou Gi Shyu
Division of Cardiology, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, and Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Taipei Medical University, Taiwan, ROC
J Biomed Sci 11:163-71. 2004..b>Ang1, Ang2, Tie1, and Tie2 were measured immediately after ligation of the coronary artery, and at 6 h, 1 and 3 days, ..
- Adipose tissue growth and regression are regulated by angiopoietin-1Susan M Dallabrida
Division of Surgical Research, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 311:563-71. 2003..Obese mice injected with ang1/pcDNA had reduced rates of weight gain and fat pad weights, regardless of the route of plasmid administration (..
- Characterization of VEGF and angiopoietins expression in human corpus cavernosum during agingNuno Tomada
Department of Urology, Hospital de S Joao, and Faculty of Medicine of Universidade do Porto, Portugal
J Sex Med 7:1410-8. 2010..However, cellular and molecular changes involved in erectile pathophysiology in aging male remain to be elucidated...
- Integrin binding angiopoietin-1 monomers reduce cardiac hypertrophySusan M Dallabrida
Division of Vascular Biology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
FASEB J 22:3010-23. 2008Angiopoietins were thought to be endothelial cell-specific via the tie2 receptor. We showed that angiopoietin-1 (ang1) also interacts with integrins on cardiac myocytes (CMs) to increase survival...
- Vascular development in the mouse embryonic pancreas and lungK L Colen
Department of Surgery, New York University Medical Center, NY 10016, USA
J Pediatr Surg 34:781-5. 1999..the formation of blood vessels in the developing mouse pancreas and lung by studying two ligands, angiopoietin-1 (ang1) and angiopoietin-2 (ang2), which are thought to play a role as angiogenesis-activating factors in development...
- Expressions of Angiopoietin-1, Angiopoietin-2, and Tie2 and their roles in rat renal allografts with chronic allograft nephropathyX Ma
Transplantation Institute, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Transplant Proc 40:2795-9. 2008Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) and -2(Ang2) are 2 ligands for the endothelium-specific tyrosine kinase Tie2...
- Rapamycin and cyclosporine have different effects on expression of Ang-1 and Ang-2 and Tie2 in rat renal allograft with chronic allograft nephropathyX Ma
Transplantation Institute, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Transplant Proc 40:2804-7. 2008Previous studies have indicated that angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) and angiopoietin-2 (Ang2) and tyrosine kinase receptor Tie2 regulate the maintenance and integrity of blood vessels and have potential anti-inflammatory properties...
- Angiopoietin-1 alters tumor growth by stabilizing blood vessels or by promoting angiogenesisNaoyuki Satoh
Department of Signal Transduction, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamadaoka, Suita Shi, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Cancer Sci 99:2373-9. 2008The maturation of blood vessels requires mural cell adhesion to endothelial cells. Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1), a ligand for Tie2 receptor expressed on endothelial cells, plays a critical role in cell adhesion between mural cells and ..
- COMP-Ang1, a chimeric form of Angiopoietin 1, enhances BMP2-induced osteoblast differentiation and bone formationByung Chul Jeong
Dental Science Research Institute, BK21 Project, School of Dentistry, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Korea
Bone 46:479-86. 2010Angiogenesis is closely associated with bone formation, especially endochondral ossification. Angiopoietin 1 (Ang1) is a specific growth factor functioning to generate a stable and matured vasculature through the Tie2 receptor/PI3K/AKT ..
- Renoprotective effect of COMP-angiopoietin-1 in db/db mice with type 2 diabetesSik Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Chonbuk National University Medical School, 634 18 Keum Am dong, Jeonju 561 712, Republic of Korea
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:396-408. 2007..Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) plays essential roles in regulating vascular growth, development, maturation, permeability and inflammation...
- Angiopoietin-1 protects mesenchymal stem cells against serum deprivation and hypoxia-induced apoptosis through the PI3K/Akt pathwayXian Bao Liu
Department of Cardiology, Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310009, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 29:815-22. 2008The angiopoietin-1 (Ang1)/Tie-2 signaling system not only plays a pivotal role in vessel growth, remodeling, and maturation, but also reduces apoptosis of endothelial cells, neurons, and cardiomyocytes...
- High glucose and elevated fatty acids suppress signaling by the endothelium protective ligand angiopoietin-1Harprit Singh
University of Leicester, Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, RKCSB, PO Box 65, Leicester LE2 7LX, UK
Microvasc Res 79:121-7. 2010..Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1), a ligand for endothelial receptor, is a potent vascular protective factor important in maintaining normal ..
- Dok-R plays a pivotal role in angiopoietin-1-dependent cell migration through recruitment and activation of PakZ Master
Division of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Research Building, S Wing, Room 227, Toronto, Ontario, M4N 3M5, Canada
EMBO J 20:5919-28. 2001..Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) can promote EC migration; however, the signaling mechanisms underlying this process remain elusive...
- Angiopoietin-1/Tie2 signaling pathway inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced activation of RAW264.7 macrophage cellsHuiping Gu
Department of Cardiology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100191, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 392:178-82. 2010Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) is a ligand for the endothelial-specific tyrosine kinase receptor Tie2 and has been shown to play an essential role in embryonic vasculature development...
- Expression and purification of recombinant human angiopoietin-1 produced in Chinese hamster ovary cellsSu Jeong Hwang
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1 Kusong Dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejon 305 701, South Korea
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 43:162-7. 2007Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) is an essential molecule for blood vessel formation...
- Ethanol stimulates endothelial cell angiogenic activity via a Notch- and angiopoietin-1-dependent pathwayDavid Morrow
Department of Surgery, University of Rochester Medical Center, Box SURG, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642 8410, USA
Cardiovasc Res 79:313-21. 2008..Our aims were to determine the effect of alcohol (EtOH) on endothelial angiogenic activity and to delineate the cell signalling mechanisms involved...
- Tie2 is tied at the cell-cell contacts and to extracellular matrix by Angiopoietin-1Shigetomo Fukuhara
Department of Structural AnalysisNational Cardiovascular Center Research InstituteFujishirodai 5 7 1, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
Exp Mol Med 41:133-9. 2009Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) binds to and activates Tie2 receptor tyrosine kinase. Ang1-Tie2 signal has been proposed to exhibit two opposite roles in the controlling blood vessels...
- Angiopoietin-1 reduces H(2)O(2)-induced increases in reactive oxygen species and oxidative damage to skin cellsNesreen S Ismail
Vascular Biology Program, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Invest Dermatol 130:1307-17. 2010..Thus, agents that counteract these damages may have therapeutic value. Herein, we show that angiopoietin-1 (ang1) prevented and blocked H(2)O(2)-induced increases in superoxides in human spontaneously immortalized keratinocyte ..
- High-level expression and purification of a designed angiopoietin-1 chimeric protein, COMP-Ang1, produced in Chinese hamster ovary cellsSu Jeong Hwang
Department of Biological Sciences, KAIST, 373 1 Kusong Dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejon 305 701, Korea
Protein J 27:319-26. 2008A designed angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) chimeric protein with nonleaky angiogenic activity, COMP-Ang1, is an effective alternative to native Ang1 for therapeutic angiogenesis in vivo...
- Biologic significance of angiopoietin-2 expression in human hepatocellular carcinomaS Tanaka
Department of Surgery, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Beppu 874 0838, Japan
J Clin Invest 103:341-5. 1999..Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) was equally expressed in HCC and adjacent noncarcinomatous liver tissue...
- Angiopoietin-2-driven vascular remodeling in airway inflammationSebastien P Tabruyn
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0425, USA
Am J Pathol 177:3233-43. 2010..However, the precise contributions of both angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) and angiopoietin-2 (Ang2) are not clear...
- Adeno-associated virus vectors simultaneously encoding VEGF and angiopoietin-1 enhances neovascularization in ischemic rabbit hind-limbsFeng Chen
Department of Vascular Surgery, Zhongnan Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430071, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 28:493-502. 2007Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) and vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGF) play important roles in vascular formation and maturation, suggesting a combination of these 2 would be a promising therapy for ischemic diseases...
- The Tie2 receptor antagonist angiopoietin 2 facilitates vascular inflammation in systemic lupus erythematosusP Kümpers
Department of Nephrology, Hanover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hanover, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1638-43. 2009..Recently, the endothelial-specific Ang-Tie ligand-receptor system has been identified as a major regulator of vascular responsiveness to inflammatory stimuli...
- A designed angiopoietin-2 variant, pentameric COMP-Ang2, strongly activates Tie2 receptor and stimulates angiogenesisHak Zoo Kim
National Research Laboratory for Vascular Biology and Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology KAIST, 373 1, Guseong Dong, Daejeon, 305 701, Republic of Korea
Biochim Biophys Acta 1793:772-80. 2009Despite that angiopoietin-2 (Ang2) produces more versatile and dynamic functions than angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) in angiogenesis and inflammation, the molecular mechanism that underlies this difference is still unknown...
- In utero angiopoietin-2 gene delivery remodels placental blood vessel phenotype: a murine model for studying placental angiogenesisE Geva
Center for Reproductive Sciences, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0556, USA
Mol Hum Reprod 11:253-60. 2005Angiopoietin (Ang)-2, the natural antagonist of the Ang1/Tie2 receptor is a complex regulator of blood vessel plasticity that plays a pivotal role in both vessel sprouting [in the presence of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-A] ..
- Complementary actions of VEGF and angiopoietin-1 on blood vessel growth and leakageGavin Thurston
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
J Anat 200:575-80. 2002..To learn more about the effects of these factors in vivo, we have overexpressed VEGF-A or Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) in two systems in mice, and examined the effects on blood vessel growth and function...
- Human podocytes express angiopoietin 1, a potential regulator of glomerular vascular endothelial growth factorSimon C Satchell
Academic Renal Unit, University of Bristol, Southmead Hospital, Bristol, United Kingdom
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:544-50. 2002..b>Angiopoietin 1 (Ang1) acts via the endothelial receptor Tie2 to promote maturation and stabilization of blood vessels, ..
- Priming with angiopoietin-1 augments the vasculogenic potential of the peripheral blood stem cells mobilized with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor through a novel Tie2/Ets-1 pathwayMin Seok Kim
National Research Laboratory for Cardiovascular Stem Cell, Innovative Research Institute for Cell Therapy, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Circulation 120:2240-50. 2009..priming peripheral blood stem cells enriched by granulocyte colony-stimulating factor mobilization and apheresis ((mob)PBSCs) with angiopoietin-1 (Ang1), to enhance the engraftment into the ischemic tissue and neovasculogenic potential.
- Angiopoietin-1 alters microvascular permeability coefficients in vivo via modification of endothelial glycocalyxAndrew H J Salmon
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Preclinical Veterinary School, Microvascular Research Laboratories, Bristol Heart Institute, University of Bristol, Southwell Street, Bristol, UK
Cardiovasc Res 83:24-33. 2009In this study, we wished to determine whether angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) modified the permeability coefficients of non-inflamed, intact continuous, and fenestrated microvessels in vivo and to elucidate the underlying cellular mechanisms.
- Protective role of angiopoietin-1 in endotoxic shockBernhard Witzenbichler
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Circulation 111:97-105. 2005Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) plays an essential role in embryonic vasculature development, protects the adult peripheral vasculature from leakage, and has antiinflammatory properties...
- Role of Src in angiopoietin 1-induced capillary morphogenesis of endothelial cells: Effect of chronic hypoxia on Src inhibition by PP2Shigeru Kanda
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Division of Endothelial Cell Biology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Science, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
Cell Signal 19:472-80. 2007Signal transduction pathways leading to angiopoietin 1 (Ang1)-induced capillary morphogenesis by endothelial cells remain poorly defined...
- Angiopoietin-1 reduces cerebral blood vessel leakage and ischemic lesion volume after focal cerebral embolic ischemia in miceZ G Zhang
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Health Sciences Center, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Neuroscience 113:683-7. 2002Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) is a ligand for the endothelial specific receptor tyrosine kinase, Tie2, that protects the adult peripheral vasculature from vascular leakage...
- Use of NaCl prevents aggregation of recombinant COMP-angiopoietin-1 in Chinese hamster ovary cellsHye Kyung Ju
Bio R and D Center, Genexel Sein, 373 1 Guseong dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 701, Republic of Korea
J Biotechnol 143:145-50. 2009To investigate the effect of hyperosmotic medium on production and aggregation of the variant of Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1), cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (COMP)-Ang1, in recombinant Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells, CHO cells were ..
- Synergistic effect of angiopoietin-1 and vascular endothelial growth factor on neoangiogenesis in hypercholesterolemic rabbit model with acute hindlimb ischemiaKou Gi Shyu
Division of Cardiology, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, 95 Wen Chang Road, Taipei 111, Taiwan
Life Sci 73:563-79. 2003Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) are essential for vascular integrity and development...
- Expression of angiopoietin 1 and 2 in ectopic endometrium on the chicken chorioallantoic membraneMerle Drenkhahn
Institute of Physiology, Medical University of Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
Fertil Steril 81:869-75. 2004To investigate the role of angiopoietin 1 and 2 (ANGPT1/ANGPT2) in angiogenesis of the ectopic endometrium as a crucial step in the development of an endometriotic lesion, we analyzed their expression patterns in an experimental model of ..
- Metalloproteinases, vascular endothelial growth factor, and angiopoietin 1 and 2 in eutopic and ectopic endometriumCostantino Di Carlo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Fertil Steril 91:2315-23. 2009To evaluate the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), angiopoietin 1 and 2 (ANGPT1/ANGPT2), and matrix metalloproteinases 1, 2, and 9 (MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-9) in eutopic and ectopic endometrium.
- Localization of angiopoietin-1 and Tie2 immunoreactivity in rodent ependyma and adjacent blood vessels suggests functional relationshipsBrooke N Horton
Department of Neurology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 58:53-60. 2010Angiopoietin-1 (Angpt1; previously Ang-1) participates in vascular maintenance and remodeling. In the current study, we investigated the distribution of Angpt1 protein in rat brain...
- Coadministration of adenoviral vascular endothelial growth factor and angiopoietin-1 enhances vascularization and reduces ventricular remodeling in the infarcted myocardium of type 1 diabetic ratsSamson Mathews Samuel
Molecular Cardiology and Angiogenesis Laboratory, Department of Surgery, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut, USA
Diabetes 59:51-60. 2010..The present study evaluates the reversal of diabetes-mediated impairment of angiogenesis in the infarcted diabetic rat myocardium by proangiogenic gene therapy...
- COMP-Ang1 potentiates the antitumor activity of 5-fluorouracil by improving tissue perfusion in murine Lewis lung carcinomaJeong Ah Hwang
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Chungnam National University, 6 Munhwa dong, Jung Gu, Daejeon 301 131, Republic of Korea
Mol Cancer Res 7:1920-7. 2009..We report here that an angiopoietin-1 variant, COMP-Ang1, promotes vascular remodeling and pericyte coverage and thereby promotes the efficient delivery of a ..
- Changes in angiopoietin expression in glomeruli involved in glomerulosclerosis in rats with daunorubicin-induced nephrosisYuan Hang Lu
Department of Nephrology, Union Hospital of Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 27:579-87. 2006..To study the potential pathological role of endogenous angiopoietins in daunorubicin-induced progressive glomerulosclerosis in rats...
- Blockade of airway inflammation and hyper-responsiveness by an angiopoietin-1 variant, COMP-Ang1Kyung Sun Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Airway Remodeling Laboratory, Chonbuk National University Medical School, JeonJu 561 180, Korea
Exp Mol Med 39:733-45. 2007..Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) has potential therapeutic applications in preventing vascular leakage...
- Protective effect of COMP-angiopoietin-1 on cyclosporine-induced renal injury in miceSik Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Chonbuk National University Medical School, 634 18, Keum Am Dong, Jeonju, 561 712, Korea
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:2784-94. 2008..However, the limitation of CsA use is chronic nephrotoxicity. A soluble, stable and potent angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) variant, cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (COMP)-Ang1 has been developed...
- Angiopoietin-1 variant, COMP-Ang1 attenuates hydrogen peroxide-induced acute lung injurySo Ri Kim
Department of Internal Medicine and Airway Remodeling Laboratory, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Jeonju, Korea
Exp Mol Med 40:320-31. 2008..Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) has potential therapeutic applications in preventing vascular leakage and also has beneficial effects in several ..
- Roles of the receptor tyrosine kinases Tie1 and Tie2 in mediating the effects of angiopoietin-1 on endothelial permeability and apoptosisChristopher S Milner
University of Leicester, Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, RKCSB, PO Box 65, Leicester LE2 7LX, UK
Microvasc Res 77:187-91. 2009Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) has key roles in development and maintenance of the vascular system. The ligand is a potent inhibitor of vascular leakage and suppresses endothelial apoptosis and vessel regression...
- Angiopoietin-1 induces Kruppel-like factor 2 expression through a phosphoinositide 3-kinase/AKT-dependent activation of myocyte enhancer factor 2Keisuke Sako
Department of Structural Analysis, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, 5 7 1 Fujishirodai, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:5592-601. 2009Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) regulates both vascular quiescence and angiogenesis through the receptor tyrosine kinase Tie2...
- Context-dependent role of angiopoietin-1 inhibition in the suppression of angiogenesis and tumor growth: implications for AMG 386, an angiopoietin-1/2-neutralizing peptibodyAngela Coxon
Department of Oncology Research, Amgen, Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:2641-51. 2010..peptide-Fc fusion protein (peptibody) that inhibits angiogenesis by preventing the interaction of angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) and Ang2 with their receptor, Tie2...
- COMP-Ang1, a variant of angiopoietin 1, inhibits serum-deprived apoptosis of mesenchymal cells via PI3K/Akt and mitogen-activated protein kinase pathwaysKkot Nim Lee
Dental Science Research Institute and the BK21 Project, School of Dentistry, Chonnam National University, Republic of Korea
Pharmacology 86:327-35. 2010Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (COMP)-angiopoietin 1 (Ang1) is a soluble and stable form of Ang1 which plays important roles in vessel formation and the survival of endothelial cells, neurons and cardiomyocytes...
- Opposing effect of angiopoietin-1 on VEGF-mediated disruption of endothelial cell-cell interactions requires activation of PKC betaYihong Wang
BIDMC Genomic Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Cell Physiol 198:53-61. 2004Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) cooperate in migration and survival of endothelial cells by activation of phosphatidylinositol-3 (PI-3) kinase and mitogen activating protein (MAP) kinase pathways...
- Hydrogen peroxide produced by angiopoietin-1 mediates angiogenesisYoung Mee Kim
Centre for Cell Signaling Research, Division of Molecular Life Sciences and College of Pharmacy, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
Cancer Res 66:6167-74. 2006Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) mediates angiogenesis by enhancing endothelial cell survival and migration...
- COMP-angiopoietin-1 enhances skeletal muscle blood flow and insulin sensitivity in miceHoon Ki Sung
Department of Biological Science, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Biomedical Research Center, Daejeon, South Korea
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 297:E402-9. 2009..glucose uptake in chow-fed and high-fat-fed mice injected with adenovirus containing modified angiopoietin-1, COMP-Ang1, via euglycemic-hyperinsulinemic clamp...
- Peritubular capillary preservation with COMP-angiopoietin-1 decreases ischemia-reperfusion-induced acute kidney injuryYu Jin Jung
Renal Regeneration Laboratory and Dept of Internal Medicine, Chonbuk National Univ Medical School, 634 18 Keum Am dong, Jeonju 560 180, Korea
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 297:F952-60. 2009..Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein-angiopoietin-1 (COMP-Ang1) is a variant of native angiogenic factor angiopoietin-1 engineered to have higher activity...
- Scaffolds with covalently immobilized VEGF and Angiopoietin-1 for vascularization of engineered tissuesLoraine L Y Chiu
Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, University of Toronto, 200 College St, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3E5, Canada
Biomaterials 31:226-41. 2010..We covalently immobilized vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) onto three-dimensional porous collagen scaffolds using 1-ethyl-3-[3-dimethylaminopropyl]carbodiimide hydrochloride ..
- Cysteine uptake by Saccharomyces cerevisiae is accomplished by multiple permeasesL Düring-Olsen
Carlsberg Research Laboratory, Gamle Carlsberg Vej 10, DK 2500 Copenhagen Valby, Denmark
Curr Genet 35:609-17. 1999..Overexpression studies identified BAP2, BAP3, AGP1 and GNP1 as genes encoding transporters of cysteine...
- Hepatic expression of ANG2 RNA in metastatic colorectal cancerMinoru Ogawa
Department of Surgery and Clinical Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Hepatology 39:528-39. 2004..Investigation of metastatic foci using laser capture microdissection revealed that the RNA content of ANG2, but not ANG1, increased from the bordering liver region to the periphery of the metastatic disease, and also from the periphery ..
- Donald M McDonald; Fiscal Year: 2015..Angiopoietins control the growth and stability of blood vessels and lymphatics: angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) activates Tie2 receptors on endothelial cells, and angiopoietin-2 (Ang2) inhibits or activates Tie2 signaling, ..
- The Angiopoietins in Vascular Maintenance and RemodelingChristopher Kontos; Fiscal Year: 2005..Tie2 is unique among RTKs in that it has two ligands with apparently opposing actions. Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) is an activating ligand while Angiopoietin-2 (Ang2) is thought to be a naturally occurring antagonist for Tie2...
- Tie2 Regulation and Role in Pathological AngiogenesisCLARENCE FINDLEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..Regulation of Tie2 signaling and [unreadable] function is complex, as its ligands, Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) and Angiopoietin-2 (Ang2), have opposing effects on the vasculature...
- The Role of Tie2 and the Angiopoietins in EPC BiologyGREGORY LAM; Fiscal Year: 2006..We hypothesize that Tie2 is required for EPC-mediated vascular repair in atherosclerosis and that Ang2, but not Ang1, will enhance EPC repair of atherosclerotic lesions. The Specific Aims of this proposal are to: 1...
- TIE2-Associated Molecular Targets in Tumor VasculatureDANIEL KENAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..The ligands for Tie2-Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) and Ang2-each exhibit opposite effects on the vasculature...
- Regulation of Angiogenesis During Wound HealingEric Howard; Fiscal Year: 2005..endothelial cell-specific receptor tyrosine kinase, Tie2, when stimulated by its primary ligand, angiopoietin-1 (Ang1), promotes blood vessel stability by stimulating cell viability, basement membrane integrity, and perivascular cell ..
- Neurorestorative therapy of stroke with agents that increase HDLJieli Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..We hypothesize that N-or-T treatment of stroke induces endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) and Angiopoietin-1(Ang1)/Tie2 signaling activity, which increase CBF, angiogenesis and arteriogenesis after stroke in mice...
- VEGF and Angiopoietin 1 Therapy for StrokeZheng Gang Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2006In this application, we propose to investigate the roles of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and angiopoietin 1 (Ang 1) in cerebral angiogenesis and blood brain barrier (BBB) leakage after focal cerebral embolic ischemia...
- SNPs in Idopathic Pulmonary Artierial HypertensionJASON YUAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..hypothesis that a) specific single nucleotide polymorphysisms (SNPs) in other genes, such as KCNA5 (K+ channel), ANGPT1 (angiopoietin-1), TRPC6 (Ca2+ channel), HTR2B (5-HT receptor) and SLC6A4 (5-HT transporter), are present in IPAH ..
- FETAL HYPOXEMIA AND ENDOTHELIUM DERIVED NITRIC OXIDELoren P Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Apoptosis (Bax/Bcl2 expression, TUNEL) and coronary angiogenesis (VEGF, VEGFR1, VEGFR2, Ang1, Ang2 expression) will be quantified and functional responses of coronary flow and contractile force measured in ..
- Novel Small-Molecule Inhibitors of the Tie2/Angiopoietin Interactions and SignaliDimitar Nikolov; Fiscal Year: 2007..implement this assay to screen a complete compound library for small molecules that disrupt respectively the Tie2/Ang1 and the Tie2/Ang2 complex formation...
- THE MAJOR ANGIOGENIC FACTORS IN PLACENTAL ANGIOGENESISLawrence Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2004..Aim 1, we will test Hypothesis l: that major angiogenic factors, namely VEGF, basic FGF (bFGF or FGF 2), and -ANG1, and their receptors, are expressed in a time- and cell-specific fashion throughout gestation...
- Guo fu Hu; Fiscal Year: 2015..We have created conditional Ang1 knockout mice and have shown that Ang1 null mice have reduced angiogenic response and increased susceptibility to ..
- AT1 Receptors in Renal Microvascular PhysiologyLISA HARRISON BERNARD; Fiscal Year: 2009..that early increases in ACE2 activity lead to renal protection via increased production of the vasodilator ANG1-7 and degradation of the vasoconstrictor ANGII, but that a subsequent reduction in ACE2 contributes to ..
- Slava Epelman; Fiscal Year: 2014..enzyme 2 (ACE2) is a critical endogenous AngII counter-regulator and acts not only to degrade AngII, but produces Ang1-7, a biologically active peptide that binds the Mas receptor (MasR)...
- Phillip A Sharp; Fiscal Year: 2016..The criteria for this validation are described. Two of these candidate genes are interesting, angiogenin (ANG1), important in angiogenesis and structurally a member of the ribonuclease family, and SRp54, an RNA splicing factor ..
- Transcriptional Role of BRCA1 in Breast CancerWen Hwa Lee; Fiscal Year: 2012..leads to MEC proliferation and impairs mammary acinus differentiation by altering the expression of genes including ANG1 (Angiopoietin1), HMGA2 (High Mobility Group AT-hook 2) and others...
- EXERCISE TRAINING AND PERIPHERAL ARTERIAL INSUFFICIENCYRONALD TERJUNG; Fiscal Year: 2004..signaling of NO, alters regulation of VEGF and its receptors (VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2), and the angiopoietins (Ang1 and Ang2, and their receptor Tie2) is modified to stimulate arteriogenesis in collateral vessels in vivo, using ..
- Guo fu Hu; Fiscal Year: 2014..We are going to 1) create conditional and inducible Ang1 knockout mice and characterize the role of angiogenin during development and in ALS pathology;2) generate tissue- ..
- NUALA JENNINGS MEYER; Fiscal Year: 2014..genotype and ALI and genotype and plasma protein (ANG-2) level;and 3) to test other angiopoietin pathway members (ANGPT1, TIE1, TIE2, and VEGFA) for association between genotype and ALI, both individually or through interactions with ..
- Lei Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..3. The PI3K/Akt signaling pathway underlies the effect of Tbeta4 on Ang1/Ang2 expression...
- CONTROL OF TYPE II PNEUMOCYTE PROLIFERATIONBruce D Uhal; Fiscal Year: 2012..not been studied well is angiotensin converting enzyme-2 (ACE-2), a carboxypeptidase that degrades ANGII to form ANG1-7, a heptapeptide that blocks ANGII action...
- CULTURED EPIDERMAL GRAFTS FOR BURN PATIENTSMeena Katdare; Fiscal Year: 2005..g., VEGF, FGF, Ang1 and Ang2) on the time course of wound repair, and B...
- ENDOTHELIAL CELL GROWTH AND MATURATION IN A 3D CULTURECarlyne Cool; Fiscal Year: 2003..and organization of ECs lining blood vessel lumina, we also hypothesize that the angiogenic ligands (VEGF, Ang1, Ang2) interact with each other and their tyrosine kinase receptors to maintain an embryonic vasculogenic ..
- Role of myeloid immune suppressors in tumor angiogenesisP Lin; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our specific aims are: Specific Aim 1. Investigate the role of VEGF and Ang1 in MISC production, mobilization, recruitment to tumor sites and cell differentiation to endothelial cells in vivo...
- Ang/Tie2 Signaling in Tumor Vascular NormalizationMAI LUONG; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, we find that Ang1/Tie2 signaling is required for vascular normalization...
- Conceptus-Dependent Effects on the EndometriumBrent Bany; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Regulated gene and stem cell induced cardioprotectionMichael Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will engineer bone marrow-derived stem cells to express HO-1 via ex vivo rAAV infection and evaluate their capacity to survive in ischemic myocardium and to improve cardiac function. ..
- Neurorestorative Therapy of Stroke with StatinsJieli Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study provides a new and highly effective way to treat stroke and may permit translation our finding of restorative therapeutic benefit of statin in experimental stroke to the patient. ..
- Genomic Landscapes in Large Scale Integrated JRA StudiesSusan Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, we address the hypothesis that a joint analysis of IL-4 and IL-6 expression levels and polymorphisms can be used for more accurate discrimination of polyarticular and systemic JRA versus pauciarticular JRA. ..
- ECONOMIC OUTCOMES OF TREATMENT STRATEGIES IN BAR1-2Mark Hlatky; Fiscal Year: 2006..The investigators further expect that this collaborative effort will translate into a new practical clinical paradigm that will be used for treatment of Type II diabetic patients. ..
- Enhancing Subject Protections through EducationMichael Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2003..Using state-of-the-art technology, USF will share its educational programs with UCF, UCH, and community-based institutions conducting human subject research within the Tampa Bay area. ..
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA MOUSE BARRIER FACILITYM Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2004..6 to 1. The net benefit of the movable equipment requested would accrue to nationally recognized life science research directed by scientists from eight neighboring institutions that will use this new regional resource. ..
- CLINICAL RESEARCH CURRICULUM AND MENTORSHIP PROGRAMJon Tyson; Fiscal Year: 2004..This program is likely to be cost-effective in developing productive clinical investigators "who are competitive in seeking research support and knowledgeable about the complex issues associated with ... sound clinical research." ..
- Age, VEGF, and skeletal muscle capillarization in humansTIMOTHY GAVIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..Data obtained from these studies will provide necessary information for future R01 funding. Findings will be important as little is known concerning the effects of aging on neovascularization potential in humans. ..