Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AMOT
Alias: angiomotin, angiomotin p130 isoform, angiomotin p80 isoform
- Amotl2 is essential for cell movements in zebrafish embryo and regulates c-Src translocationHuizhe Huang
State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, Department of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Development 134:979-88. 2007b>Angiomotin (Amot), the founding member of the Motin family, is involved in angiogenesis by regulating endothelial cell motility, and is required for visceral endoderm movement in mice...
- A Rich1/Amot complex regulates the Cdc42 GTPase and apical-polarity proteins in epithelial cellsClark D Wells
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, ON M5G 1X5, Canada
Cell 125:535-48. 2006..Rich1 binds the scaffolding protein angiomotin (Amot) and is thereby targeted to a protein complex at tight junctions (TJs) containing the PDZ-domain proteins ..
- Amot recognizes a juxtanuclear endocytic recycling compartment via a novel lipid binding domainBrigitte Heller
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Indiana School ofMedicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 285:12308-20. 2010..arrangement for the Par and Crb apical polarity complexes at the tight junction is disrupted by the adaptor protein Amot. Amot directly binds the scaffolding proteins Patj and Mupp1 and redistributes them and their binding partners from ..
- Angiomotin-like proteins associate with and negatively regulate YAP1Wenqi Wang
Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 286:4364-70. 2011..Here, we describe the identification of several new PY motif-containing proteins, including angiomotin-like protein 1 (AMOTL1) and 2 (AMOTL2), as YAP1-associated proteins...
- Human angiomotin-like 1 associates with an angiomotin protein complex through its coiled-coil domain and induces the remodeling of the actin cytoskeletonValérie Gagné
Centre de Recherche en Rhumatologie et Immunologie, Centre de Recherche du CHUQ CHUL, Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Universite Laval, Boul Laurier, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 66:754-68. 2009..One mechanism through which angiostatin inhibits angiogenesis is by binding to the cell surface protein p80-angiomotin. The p80-angiomotin protein promotes angiogenesis, in part, by conferring a hypermigratory phenotype to ..
- Angiomotin is a novel Hippo pathway component that inhibits YAP oncoproteinBin Zhao
Department of Pharmacology, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Genes Dev 25:51-63. 2011..Here we report a novel mechanism of YAP regulation by angiomotin (AMOT) family proteins via a direct interaction...
- Hippo pathway-independent restriction of TAZ and YAP by angiomotinSiew Wee Chan
Cancer and Developmental Cell Biology Division, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 61 Biopolis Drive, Singapore 138673
J Biol Chem 286:7018-26. 2011..describe an independent mechanism for the cell to restrict the activity of TAZ and YAP through interaction with angiomotin (Amot) and angiomotin-like 1 (AmotL1)...
- p130-angiomotin associates to actin and controls endothelial cell shapeMira Ernkvist
Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Centre Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
FEBS J 273:2000-11. 2006b>Angiomotin, an 80 kDa protein expressed in endothelial cells, promotes cell migration and invasion, and stabilizes tube formation in vitro...
- Angiomotin regulates endothelial cell-cell junctions and cell motilityAnders Bratt
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Cancer Centrum Karolinska, Karolinska Institutet, R8 03 Karolinska University Hospital, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 280:34859-69. 2005We have previously identified angiomotin by its ability to bind to and mediate the anti-angiogenic properties of angiostatin. In vivo and in vitro data indicate an essential role of angiomotin in endothelial cell motility...
- Actin-binding and cell proliferation activities of angiomotin family members are regulated by Hippo pathway-mediated phosphorylationSiew Wee Chan
From the Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 61 Biopolis Drive, Singapore 138673 and
J Biol Chem 288:37296-307. 2013..In this report, we have identified angiomotin (Amot) family members as novel substrates of Hippo core kinases...
- Phosphorylation of angiomotin by Lats1/2 kinases inhibits F-actin binding, cell migration, and angiogenesisXiaoming Dai
From the Life Sciences Institute and Innovation Center for Cell Biology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310058, China
J Biol Chem 288:34041-51. 2013..Here we report a novel role of the Hippo pathway in angiogenesis. Angiomotin p130 isoform (AMOTp130) is phosphorylated on a conserved HXRXXS motif by Lats1/2 downstream of GPCR signaling...
- Serum deprivation inhibits the transcriptional co-activator YAP and cell growth via phosphorylation of the 130-kDa isoform of Angiomotin by the LATS1/2 protein kinasesJacob J Adler
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Department of Ophthalmology, Glick Eye Institute, and Stark Neuroscience Research Institute, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:17368-73. 2013..Here low serum and high LATS1 activity are found to enhance the levels of the 130-kDa isoform of angiomotin (Amot130) through phosphorylation by LATS1/2 at serine 175, which then forms a binding site for 14-3-3...
- Angiomotin: an angiostatin binding protein that regulates endothelial cell migration and tube formationB Troyanovsky
Center for Genomics Research and Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Cell Biol 152:1247-54. 2001..Here we report the identification of angiomotin, a novel protein that mediates angiostatin inhibition of migration and tube formation of endothelial cells...
- Amot130 adapts atrophin-1 interacting protein 4 to inhibit yes-associated protein signaling and cell growthJacob J Adler
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 288:15181-93. 2013..Thus, Amot130 repurposes AIP4 from its previously described role in degrading large tumor suppressor 1 to the inhibition of YAP and cell growth...
- Angiomotins link F-actin architecture to Hippo pathway signalingSebastian Mana-Capelli
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology and Program in Cell Dynamics, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605
Mol Biol Cell 25:1676-85. 2014..Here we show that angiomotin proteins (AMOT130, AMOTL1, and AMOTL2) connect F-actin architecture to YAP regulation...
- Overexpression of angiomotin in sinonasal inverted papillomaJang Yul Byun
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Soonchunhyang University College of Medicine, Bucheon Hospital, Bucheon, Korea
Int Forum Allergy Rhinol 4:512-6. 2014..Generally, tumorigenesis or tumor growth requires angiogenesis to feed tumor cells. Angiomotin is a recently discovered protein that regulates migration and tubule formation in endothelial cells...
- Position- and polarity-dependent Hippo signaling regulates cell fates in preimplantation mouse embryosHiroshi Sasaki
Laboratory for Embryogenesis, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, 1 3 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan Electronic address
Semin Cell Dev Biol 47:80-7. 2015..At the molecular level, phosphorylation of the Hippo-pathway component angiomotin at adherens junctions (AJs) in the inner (apolar) cells activates the Lats protein kinase and triggers Hippo ..
- Regulation of ubiquitin-proteasome system-mediated Tip110 protein degradation by USP15Khalid Amine Timani
Department of Cell Biology and Immunology, University of North Texas Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA Electronic address
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 54:10-9. 2014..Interestingly, USP15 knockdown restored hTip110 protein expression in Tg MEF and USP15 expression had little effects. Taken together, these results provide insights into the regulatory mechanism of human Tip110 degradation by USP15. ..
- Merlin/NF2 loss-driven tumorigenesis linked to CRL4(DCAF1)-mediated inhibition of the hippo pathway kinases Lats1 and 2 in the nucleusWei Li
Cell Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute for Cancer Research, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA Electronic address
Cancer Cell 26:48-60. 2014..Analysis of clinical samples confirms that this pathway operates in NF2-mutant tumors. We conclude that derepressed CRL4(DCAF1) promotes activation of YAP by inhibiting Lats1 and 2 in the nucleus. ..
- Angiomotin decreases lung cancer progression by sequestering oncogenic YAP/TAZ and decreasing Cyr61 expressionY L Hsu
Graduate Institute of Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Oncogene 34:4056-68. 2015..Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death worldwide, with metastasis underlying majority of related deaths. Angiomotin (AMOT), a scaffold protein, has been shown to interact with oncogenic Yes-associated protein/transcriptional co-..
- Angiomotin is a novel component of cadherin-11/β-catenin/p120 complex and is critical for cadherin-11-mediated cell migrationAngelica Ortiz
Departments of Translational Molecular Pathology and Genitourinary Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA University of Texas Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Houston, Texas, USA and Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
FASEB J 29:1080-91. 2015..Using the human Cad11 cytoplasmic domain in pulldown assays, we identified human angiomotin (Amot), known to be involved in cell polarity, migration, and Hippo pathway, as a component of the Cad11 protein ..
- 3 sex influences regulation of gene expression by dickkopf 1 in the bovine morulaA C Denicol
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Reprod Fertil Dev 27:94. 2014..DKK1 inhibited expression of AMOT in male embryos, indicating that DKK1 may inhibit Hippo signalling at this stage of development...
- Angiomotin functions in HIV-1 assembly and buddingGaëlle Mercenne
Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, United States
elife 4:. 2015..Here, we demonstrate that the cellular protein Angiomotin (AMOT) can bind both NEDD4L and HIV-1 Gag...
- An evolutionary shift in the regulation of the Hippo pathway between mice and fliesW Bossuyt
1 Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie VIB Center for the Biology of Disease, Leuven, Belgium 2 Kuleuven, Center for Human Genetics, Leuven, Belgium 3 The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Oncogene 33:1218-28. 2014..Subsequently, the junctional adaptor protein Angiomotin (Amot) was lost and the downstream effector Yap lost its PDZ-binding motif that interacts with cell junction ..
- Angiomotin promotes renal epithelial and carcinoma cell proliferation by retaining the nuclear YAPMeng Lv
Department of Medical Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Xian Jiaotong University, Xi an, Shaanxi 710061, P R China
Oncotarget 7:12393-403. 2016Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is one of the common tumors in the urinary system without effective therapies. Angiomotin (Amot) can interact with Yes-associated protein (YAP) to either stimulate or inhibit YAP activity, playing a potential ..
- DUB3 Deubiquitylating Enzymes Regulate Hippo Pathway Activity by Regulating the Stability of ITCH, LATS and AMOT ProteinsHung Thanh Nguyen
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 12:e0169587. 2017..proteins regulate YAP/TAZ activity by controlling the stability of the E3 ligase ITCH, the LATS kinases and the AMOT family proteins...
- Angiomotin promotes the malignant potential of colon cancer cells by activating the YAP-ERK/PI3K-AKT signaling pathwayYan Zhang
Department of Medical Imaging, The First Affiliated Hospital of Xi an Jiaotong University College of Medicine, Xi an, Shaanxi 710061, P R China
Oncol Rep 36:3619-3626. 2016..The aberrant expression of angiomotin (AMOT) has been confirmed in a variety of tumors and can interact with Yes-associated protein (YAP) to either ..
- The RNF146 and tankyrase pathway maintains the junctional Crumbs complex through regulation of angiomotinCraig I Campbell
Center for Systems Biology, Lunenfeld Tanenbaum Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X5
J Cell Sci 129:3396-411. 2016..We show that RNF146 binds a number of polarity-associated proteins, in particular members of the angiomotin (AMOT) family...
- Angiomotin like-1 is a novel component of the N-cadherin complex affecting endothelial/pericyte interaction in normal and tumor angiogenesisYujuan Zheng
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Cancer Centrum Karolinska, Karolinska Institutet, SE 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Sci Rep 6:30622. 2016..We have previously identified the Amot protein family, which are scaffold proteins that integrate polarity, junctional, and cytoskeletal cues to modulate ..
- Rho-associated protein kinase regulates subcellular localisation of Angiomotin and Hippo-signalling during preimplantation mouse embryo developmentAleksandar I Mihajlovic
Laboratory of Developmental Biology and Genetics LDB and G, Department of Molecular Biology, Faculty of Science, University of South Bohemia, Branisovska 31, Ceske Budejovice 37005, Czech Republic
Reprod Biomed Online 33:381-90. 2016..Moreover, Rock-inhibition mediates mislocalization of the Hippo-signalling activator Angiomotin (Amot), to the basolateral regions of outer cells and is concomitant with aberrant activation of the pathway...
- PKCι regulates nuclear YAP1 localization and ovarian cancer tumorigenesisY Wang
Department of Cancer Biology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Oncogene . 2016..Lentiviral shRNA-mediated knockdown (KD) of PKCι leads to decreased nuclear YAP1 and increased YAP1 binding to angiomotin (AMOT), which sequesters YAP1 in the cytoplasm...
- MicroRNA-497 inhibits cell proliferation, migration, and invasion by targeting AMOT in human osteosarcoma cellsWen Dong Ruan
Department of Orthopedics, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Heping District, Tianjin, People s Republic of China
Onco Targets Ther 9:303-13. 2016..b>Angiomotin is encoded by the AMOT gene, which is a target for miR-497...
- Angiomotin promotes breast cancer cell proliferation and invasionMeng Lv
Department of Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Xi an Jiaotong University College of Medicine, Xi an, Shaanxi 710061, P R China
Oncol Rep 33:1938-46. 2015b>Angiomotin (Amot) is a multifunctional protein involved in endothelial cell migration and tube formation and angiogenesis...
- mRNA and protein expression of the angiogenesis-related genes EDIL3, AMOT and ECM1 in mesenchymal stem cells in psoriatic dermisX Niu
Institute of Dermatology, Taiyuan City Central Hospital, Taiyuan, Shanxi, China
Clin Exp Dermatol 41:533-40. 2016..angiogenesis-related genes EDIL3 (epidermal growth factor-like repeats and discoidin I-like domains 3), AMOT (angiomotin) and ECM1 (extracellular matrix protein 1), had high expression levels in dermal mesenchymal stem cells (DMSCs) ..
- Long non-coding RNA small nucleolar RNA host gene 12 (SNHG12) promotes cell proliferation and migration by upregulating angiomotin gene expression in human osteosarcoma cellsWendong Ruan
Department of Orthopedic, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, No 154 Anshan Road, Heping District, Tianjin, People s Republic China
Tumour Biol 37:4065-73. 2016..b>Angiomotin, encoded by the AMOT gene, is a protein that regulates the migration and organization of endothelial cells...
- Tankyrase Inhibitors Target YAP by Stabilizing Angiomotin Family ProteinsWenqi Wang
Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA Electronic address
Cell Rep 13:524-32. 2015..Here, we find that tankyrase inhibitors suppress YAP activity. This effect is mediated by anigomotin (AMOT) family proteins...
- Atypical protein kinase C induces cell transformation by disrupting Hippo/Yap signalingAndrew Archibald
Rosalind and Morris Goodman Cancer Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3A 1A3, Canada Division of Experimental Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3A 1A3, Canada
Mol Biol Cell 26:3578-95. 2015..In MDCK cells, Yap1 was sequestered to cell-cell junctions by Amot, and aPKC overexpression resulted in loss of Amot expression and a spindle-like cell phenotype...
- MicroRNA-205 inhibits the proliferation and invasion of breast cancer by regulating AMOT expressionHaige Zhang
Department of Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, Henan 450052, P R China
Oncol Rep 34:2163-70. 2015It has been reported that the expression of angiomotin (AMOT) is upregulated in breast cancer. However, the regulatory mechanism remains unknown...
- Influence of Sex on Basal and Dickkopf-1 Regulated Gene Expression in the Bovine MorulaAnna C Denicol
Department of Animal Sciences, D H Barron Reproductive and Perinatal Biology Research Program, and Genetics Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0133587. 2015..The exception was for the Hippo signaling gene AMOT, which was inhibited by DKK1...
- Endosomal regulation of contact inhibition through the AMOT:YAP pathwayChristopher M Cox
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724
Mol Biol Cell 26:2673-84. 2015..In addition to phosphorylation-dependent regulation of YAP, the integral membrane protein angiomotin (AMOT) and AMOT family members control YAP through direct binding...
- The p130 isoform of angiomotin is required for Yap-mediated hepatic epithelial cell proliferation and tumorigenesisChunling Yi
Molecular Oncology Program, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Sci Signal 6:ra77. 2013..Members of the scaffold protein angiomotin (Amot) family interact with several Hippo pathway components, including Yap (Yes-associated protein), and either ..
- Angiomotin'g YAP into the nucleus for cell proliferation and cancer developmentWanjin Hong
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore
Sci Signal 6:pe27. 2013..Scaffold proteins angiomotin (Amot) and angiomotin-related AmotL1 and AmotL2 were recently identified as negative regulators of YAP and TAZ ..
- Membrane traffic as a coordinator of cell migration and junction remodelingChuanshen Wu
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine Cleveland, OH USA
Commun Integr Biol 4:703-5. 2011..RhoA-specific guanine exchange factor (GEF) Syx, the scaffold protein Mupp1, and the phospholipid binding protein Amot.1 We found that RhoA co-trafficked with this complex on the same endocytic vesicles, and that its cellular activity ..
- Soluble melanoma cell adhesion molecule (sMCAM/sCD146) promotes angiogenic effects on endothelial progenitor cells through angiomotinJimmy Stalin
Inserm UMR S 1076, Physiopathology of Endothelium, Aix Marseille University, Formation and Research Unit of Pharmacy, 13005 Marseille, France
J Biol Chem 288:8991-9000. 2013..Using peptide pulldown and mass spectrometry, we identified angiomotin as a sCD146-associated protein in endothelial progenitor cells (EPC)...
- PTPN14 is required for the density-dependent control of YAP1Wenqi Wang
Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Genes Dev 26:1959-71. 2012..Collectively, these data suggest that PTPN14 acts to suppress cell proliferation by promoting cell density-dependent cytoplasmic translocation of YAP1...
- Differential expression of the motin family in the peri-implantation mouse uterus and their hormonal regulationHiromichi Matsumoto
Laboratory of Animal Breeding and Reproduction, Division of Animal Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Utsunomiya University, Tochigi 321 8505, Japan
J Reprod Dev 58:649-53. 2012Increased vascular permeability and angiogenesis are hallmarks of the implantation process in the uterus. Angiomotin (Amot), which is a vascular angiogenesis-related protein, belongs to the motin family...
- Proteomic identification of angiomotin by ProteomeLab PF-2D and correlation with clinical outcome in human clear cell renal cell carcinomaJin Yang
Medical Oncology Department, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, P R China
Int J Oncol 42:2078-86. 2013..Of the 13 differentially expressed proteins newly discovered in ccRCC, angiomotin (Amot) was the focus of this study since its role in ccRCC progression has been obscure...
- A vaccine targeting angiomotin induces an antibody response which alters tumor vessel permeability and hampers the growth of established tumorsMaddalena Arigoni
Molecular Biotechnology Center, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Angiogenesis 15:305-16. 2012b>Angiomotin (Amot) is one of several identified angiostatin receptors expressed by the endothelia of angiogenic tissues...
- The Nedd4-like ubiquitin E3 ligases target angiomotin/p130 to ubiquitin-dependent degradationChenji Wang
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, PR China
Biochem J 444:279-89. 2012AMOT (angiomotin) is a membrane-associated protein that is expressed in ECs (endothelial cells) and controls migration, TJ (tight junction) formation, cell polarity and angiogenesis...
- The Amotl2 gene inhibits Wnt/β-catenin signaling and regulates embryonic development in zebrafishZhiqiang Li
State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Engineering, Tsinghua Peking Center for Life Sciences, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
J Biol Chem 287:13005-15. 2012..is up-regulated due to an axin1 mutation, transforms eyeless phenotype into smaller eyes, whereas co-knockdown of amot, amotl1, and amotl2 leads to development of smaller eyes in mbl heterozygotes...
- The effects of anti-inflammatory and anti-angiogenic DNA vaccination on diabetic nephropathy in ratsPeter Celec
Institute of Molecular Biomedicine, Comenius University, 811 08 Bratislava, Slovakia
Hum Gene Ther 23:158-66. 2012..b>Angiomotin (Amot) is a novel angiogenesis modulator...
- Identification of molecular markers that are expressed in discrete anterior-posterior domains of the endoderm from the gastrula stage to mid-gestationBillie A Moore-Scott
Division of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Dev Dyn 236:1997-2003. 2007..We have identified three genes Slc39a8, Amot, and Dp1l1, which are expressed in the visceral endoderm at e7.5. Starting at e9...
- Molecular characterization of angiomotin/JEAP family proteins: interaction with MUPP1/Patj and their endogenous propertiesYuko Sugihara-Mizuno
Department of Cell Biology, Kyoto University, Yoshida konoe cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Genes Cells 12:473-86. 2007..Using yeast two-hybrid screening, we found here that MUPP1 interacts with angiomotin (Amot), JEAP/Amot-like 1 and MASCOT/Amot-like 2, which we refer to as Amot/JEAP family proteins...
- A DNA vaccine targeting angiomotin inhibits angiogenesis and suppresses tumor growthLars Holmgren
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Cancer Centre Karolinska, Karolinska Institutet, SE171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:9208-13. 2006..Here, we describe a strategy that targets the angiostatin receptor angiomotin (Amot) by DNA vaccination...
- Protein diversity is generated within the motin family of proteins by alternative pre-mRNA splicingJulie Moreau
Centre de Recherche en Rhumatologie et Immunologie, Centre de Recherche du CHUL, Laval University, Bloc T1 492705, Boul Laurier, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G2
Gene 350:137-48. 2005The motin family of proteins is comprised of three polypeptides, angiomotin, angiomotin-like 1, and angiomotin-like 2. Angiomotin is an angiostatin-binding protein that promotes endothelial cell motility and is involved in angiogenesis...
- Angiomotin expression promotes hemangioendothelioma invasionTetyana Levchenko
Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Centre Karolinska Institute, S 17176, Stockholm, Sweden
Oncogene 23:1469-73. 2004b>Angiomotin was identified by its ability to bind angiostatin and has been shown to mediate its activity in vitro...
- Loss of responsiveness to chemotactic factors by deletion of the C-terminal protein interaction site of angiomotinTetyana Levchenko
Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Center Karolinska Institutet, S 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
J Cell Sci 116:3803-10. 2003We have recently identified a novel protein, named angiomotin, by its ability to bind the angiogenesis inhibitor angiostatin in the yeast two-hybrid system...
- Angiomotin regulates visceral endoderm movements during mouse embryogenesisAkihiko Shimono
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Biol 13:613-7. 2003..Little is known about the molecules that regulate this proximal displacement. Here we describe a role for mouse angiomotin (amot) in VE movements...
- Angiomotin belongs to a novel protein family with conserved coiled-coil and PDZ binding domainsAnders Bratt
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, CCK R8 03 Karolinska Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Gene 298:69-77. 2002b>Angiomotin has previously been identified in a yeast two-hybrid screen by its ability to bind to angiostatin, an inhibitor of novel formation of blood vessels (angiogenesis)...
- Hold that line. Angiomotin regulates endothelial cell motilityB R Zetter
Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Cell Biol 152:F35-6. 2001
- Angiomotin regulates endothelial cell migration during embryonic angiogenesisKarin Aase
Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Center Karolinska, Karolinska Institutet, SE 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Genes Dev 21:2055-68. 2007..We have previously identified angiomotin (Amot) as a receptor for the angiogenesis inhibitor angiostatin...
- Therapeutic antibodies targeting angiomotin inhibit angiogenesis in vivoTetyana Levchenko
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Cancer Centre Karolinska, Karolinska Institute, SE 17176, Stockholm, Sweden
FASEB J 22:880-9. 2008We have previously shown that angiomotin (Amot) mediates angiostatin inhibition of endothelial migration and tube formation in vitro...
- Differential roles of p80- and p130-angiomotin in the switch between migration and stabilization of endothelial cellsMira Ernkvist
Cancer Centrum Karolinska, Department of Oncology and Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, CCK R8 03, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochim Biophys Acta 1783:429-37. 2008We have previously shown that angiomotin (Amot) plays an important role in growth factor-induced migration of endothelial cells in vitro...
- The Amot/Patj/Syx signaling complex spatially controls RhoA GTPase activity in migrating endothelial cellsMira Ernkvist
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Cancer Centrum Karolinska, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Blood 113:244-53. 2009..We have previously shown that angiomotin (Amot), a membrane-associated scaffold protein, plays a critical role during vascular patterning and endothelial ..
- Angiomotin-like protein 1 controls endothelial polarity and junction stability during sprouting angiogenesisYujuan Zheng
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Cancer Centrum Karolinska, Karolinska Institutet, SE 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Circ Res 105:260-70. 2009We have previously shown that angiomotin (Amot) is essential for endothelial cell migration during mouse embryogenesis. However, approximately 5% of Amot knockout mice survived without any detectable vascular defects...
- [Analysis of expression profiles of some tumor growth-related genes after silencing of pleiotrophin in human small cell lung cancer H446 cells]Yong Yu
Department of Respiratory Medicine, the Second Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou 215004, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 32:405-9. 2010To investigate the changes in expression profiles of angiomotin (Amot), schlafen5 (Slfn5), metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) and vascular endothelial cell growth factor (VEGF), which are genes associated with angiogenesis, tumor growth and ..
- The adaptor protein AMOT promotes the proliferation of mammary epithelial cells via the prolonged activation of the extracellular signal-regulated kinasesWilliam P Ranahan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Indiana School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5122, USA
Cancer Res 71:2203-11. 2011..This study demonstrates that the adaptor protein Amot, in addition to its established role in regulating cellular asymmetry, also promotes extracellular signal-regulated ..
- Structural features and ligand binding properties of tandem WW domains from YAP and TAZ, nuclear effectors of the Hippo pathwayClaire Webb
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath, UK BA2 7AY
Biochemistry 50:3300-9. 2011..Our results indicate that both WW domains in YAP and TAZ are functional and capable of enhanced affinity binding to multi-PPxY partner proteins such as LATS1, ErbB4, and AMOT.
- A tight junction-associated Merlin-angiomotin complex mediates Merlin's regulation of mitogenic signaling and tumor suppressive functionsChunling Yi
Molecular and Cellular Oncogenesis Program, The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cancer Cell 19:527-40. 2011..We have identified a tight-junction-associated protein complex comprising Merlin, Angiomotin, Patj, and Pals1...
- Opposing roles of angiomotin-like-1 and zona occludens-2 on pro-apoptotic function of YAPT Oka
Laboratory of Signal Transduction and Proteomic Profiling, Weis Center for Research, Geisinger Clinic, Danville, PA, USA
Oncogene 31:128-34. 2012YAP (Yes-associated protein) oncogene has been found to form a stable complex with members of the Angiomotin (Amot) family of proteins, which bind WW domains of YAP and sequester the protein in the cytoplasm and junctional complexes...
- Angiomotin family proteins are novel activators of the LATS2 kinase tumor suppressorMurugan Paramasivam
Department of Microbial and Physiological Systems and Program in Cell Dynamics, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Mol Biol Cell 22:3725-33. 2011..How LATS2 is activated by MST2 in response to changes in cell density is unknown. Here we identify the angiomotin-family tight junction protein AMOTL2 as a novel activator of LATS2...
- A new granulation method for compressed tablets [proceedings]M H Rubinstein
J Pharm Pharmacol 28:67P. 1976
- ANN CAROL KIMBLE-HILL; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): An essential property of all Amot proteins is a novel lipid-binding domain (ACCH domain) that demonstrates lipid selectivity and the ability to deform membranes...
- CLARK DAVID WELLS; Fiscal Year: 2015..loss of cellular differentiation is coordinated with the induction of aberrant proliferation by the adaptor protein Amot. Because the breakdown of the apical polarity is one of the earliest essential steps for cells to be sensitized to ..