Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AMN
Description: amnion associated transmembrane protein
Alias: PRO1028, amnionless, protein amnionless, amnionless homolog, visceral endoderm-specific type 1 transmembrane protein
Publications156 found, 100 shown here
- The amnionless gene, essential for mouse gastrulation, encodes a visceral-endoderm-specific protein with an extracellular cysteine-rich domainS Kalantry
Molecular Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
Nat Genet 27:412-6. 2001..streak into these functional regions, we have cloned and functionally identified the gene disrupted in the amnionless (amn) mouse, which has a recessive, embryonic lethal mutation that interferes specifically with the formation ..
- Amnionless, essential for mouse gastrulation, is mutated in recessive hereditary megaloblastic anemiaStephan M Tanner
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Nat Genet 33:426-9. 2003The amnionless gene, Amn, on mouse chromosome 12 encodes a type I transmembrane protein that is expressed in the extraembryonic visceral layer during gastrulation...
- The functional cobalamin (vitamin B12)-intrinsic factor receptor is a novel complex of cubilin and amnionlessJohn C Fyfe
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA
Blood 103:1573-9. 2004..I-GS-causing mutations are found in either of 2 genes encoding the epithelial proteins: cubilin and amnionless (AMN)...
- AMN directs endocytosis of the intrinsic factor-vitamin B(12) receptor cubam by engaging ARH or Dab2Gitte Albinus Pedersen
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Aarhus, Ole Worms Alle, Bldg 1170 1171, Aarhus C, Denmark
Traffic 11:706-20. 2010..Cubam is composed of two proteins: cubilin and amnionless. Cubilin harbors ligand binding capabilities, while amnionless provides membrane anchorage and potential ..
- Luminal expression of cubilin is impaired in Imerslund-Grasbeck syndrome with compound AMN mutations in intron 3 and exon 7Fares Namour
Faculte de Medecine, INSERM U954 Nutrition, Genetics, and Environmental Risk Exposure, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Haematologica 96:1715-9. 2011..b>Amnionless, the gene product of AMN, is a transmembrane protein that binds tightly to the N-terminal end of cubilin, the ..
- Ancient founder mutation is responsible for Imerslund-Gräsbeck Syndrome among diverse ethnicitiesCameron M Beech
Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Orphanet J Rare Dis 6:74. 2011..malabsorption of cobalamin (Cbl) due to bi-allelic mutations in either the cubilin gene (CUBN) or the human amnionless homolog (AMN)...
- [X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy]P Aubourg
Service d endocrinologie et de neurologie pédiatrique, Hopital Saint Vincent de Paul, INSERM U745, 82, avenue Denfert Rochereau, 75014 Paris, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 68:403-11. 2007..5-12 years, but also 35% of adult males; 2) a form that mainly involves the spinal cord (adrenomyeloneuropathy, AMN) in adult males between 20-50 years and 50% of heterozygous women after the age of 40 years...
- Peroxisomal disorders: genotype, phenotype, major neuropathologic lesions, and pathogenesisJ M Powers
Department of Pathology Neuropathology and Postmortem Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, NY 14642, USA
Brain Pathol 8:101-20. 1998..The gene defect in adreno-leukodystrophy (ALD) / adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) involves an integral peroxisomal membrane protein...
- Cumulative and residual effects of repeated sewage sludge applications: forage productivity and soil quality implications in South Florida, USAGilbert C Sigua
USDA ARS, Subtropical Agricultural Research Station, Brooksville, FL, USA
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 12:80-8. 2005....
- Granisetron is equivalent to ondansetron for prophylaxis of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting: results of a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsA Del Giglio
Oncology and Hematology Discipline, ABC Foundation School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cancer 89:2301-8. 2000..Because most of these trials compared ondansetron with granisetron, the authors conducted a meta-analysis to determine if the current data available show any therapeutic difference between them...
- Adrenal steroids in adrenomyeloneuropathy. Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, androstenedione and 17alpha-hydroxyprogesteroneMaria Wichers-Rother
Universitaetsklinikum Bonn, Institut für Klinische Biochemie, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
J Neurol 252:1525-9. 2005Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD) and its adult variant adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) are X-linked diseases associated with a deficiency in the peroxisomal degradation of saturated very long chain fatty acids (VLCFA) resulting in an accumulation ..
- Effects of stimulation of muscarinic receptors on bladder afferent nerves in the in vitro bladder-pelvic afferent nerve preparation of the ratYongbei Yu
Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Brain Res 1361:43-53. 2010..These effects were blocked by intravesical injection of 5 μM atropine methyl nitrate (AMN). Intravesical administration of 5 μM AMN alone did not alter BAN firing or the amplitude of bladder contractions...
- Mouse amnionless, which is required for primitive streak assembly, mediates cell-surface localization and endocytic function of cubilin on visceral endoderm and kidney proximal tubulesSharon Strope
Molecular Biology Graduate Program, Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Development 131:4787-95. 2004Impaired primitive streak assembly in the mouse amnionless (amn) mutant results in the absence of non-axial trunk mesoderm, a derivative of the middle region of the primitive streak...
- Protective effects of S+ ketamine and atropine against lethality and brain damage during soman-induced status epilepticus in guinea-pigsFrederic Dorandeu
Département de Toxicologie CRSSA, 24 Avenue des Maquis du Gresivaudan, La Tronche, France
Toxicology 234:185-93. 2007..IM) 30min before soman (62 microg/kg, 2 LD(50), IM), followed by therapy consisting of atropine methyl nitrate (AMN) (4 mg/kg, IM) 1min following soman exposure...
- Unexpected sequence similarity between nucleosidases and phosphoribosyltransferases of different specificityA R Mushegian
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40546 0091
Protein Sci 3:1081-8. 1994..Family I consists of Escherichia coli AMP hydrolase (Amn), uridine phosphorylase (Udp), purine phosphorylase (DeoD), uncharacterized proteins from E...
- Cardiorespiratory effects following acute exposure to pyridostigmine bromide and/or N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide (DEET) in ratsLeslie A Chaney
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, USA
Int J Toxicol 21:287-300. 2002..Pretreatment with atropine methyl nitrate (AMN), a peripherally selective competitive antagonist at nicotinic and muscarinic receptor sites, reduced the ..
- Radioprotective effect of lycopene on chromosomal aberrations (CAs) induced by gamma radiation in human lymphocytesKultigin Cavusoglu
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science and Art, University of Giresun, Giresun, Turkey
J Environ Biol 30:113-7. 2009..Mitotic index (MI) and aberrant metaphase number (AMN) were also calculated...
- Enhanced enteric properties and stability of shellac films through composite salts formationSontaya Limmatvapirat
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Silpakorn University, Nakhon Pathom, Thailand
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 67:690-8. 2007..prepared in various salt forms by dissolving them with 2-amino-2-methyl-1-propanol (AMP) and ammonium hydroxide (AMN) at various ratios of AMP:AMN...
- Seven-Tesla proton magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging in adult X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyEva Ratai
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arch Neurol 65:1488-94. 2008..Phenotypes vary in their pathology, ranging from axonal degeneration to inflammatory demyelination. The severity of symptoms is poorly explained by conventional imaging...
- Exploiting cell-free systems: Implementation and debugging of a system of biotransformationsMatthias Bujara
Department of Biosystems Science and Engineering, ETH Zurich, Basel, Switzerland
Biotechnol Bioeng 106:376-89. 2010..Insulation required in particular inactivation of the amn gene encoding the AMP nucleosidase, which otherwise led to glucose-independent DHAP production from adenosine ..
- Therapy of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyAlexander Semmler
University Hospital Zurich, Department of Neurology, Frauenklinikstr 26, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Expert Rev Neurother 8:1367-79. 2008..adult cerebral ALD [ACALD]) onset leading to death within a few years, over adult-onset adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) with or without focal CNS demyelination, AMN converting into a rapidly progressive, cerebral demyelinating ..
- Dietary starch type affects body weight and glycemic control in freely fed but not energy-restricted obese ratsAlfred A Aziz
Nutrition Research Division, Bureau of Nutritional Sciences, Food Directorate, Health Products and Food Branch, Health Canada, AL 2203E, Ottawa, ON, K1A 0K9, Canada
J Nutr 139:1881-9. 2009..starch diet (AMO) would improve body weight and glycemic control relative to a high-amylopectin starch diet (AMN) in rats with diet-induced obesity. After inducing obesity with a high-fat and -energy diet (Expt...
- The physiology of pigmented neviJ Kincannon
Department of Pediatric Dermatology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas
Pediatrics 104:1042-5. 1999..The common mole or acquired melanocytic nevus (AMN) is a collection of nevomelanocytes grouped into nests located in the epidermis (junctional nevus), dermis (dermal ..
- Should therapeutic abortion be legal in Nicaragua: the response of Nicaraguan obstetrician-gynaecologistsHeathe Luz McNaughton
Nicaraguan Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Managua, Nicaragua
Reprod Health Matters 10:111-9. 2002..These results countered claims by the Nicaraguan Medical Association (AMN), taken up by the Church and anti-abortion legislators and groups, that therapeutic abortion was no longer ..
- Hereditary juvenile cobalamin deficiency caused by mutations in the intrinsic factor geneStephan M Tanner
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:4130-3. 2005..Biallelic mutations either in the cubilin (CUBN) or amnionless (AMN) gene cause IGS...
- Potential biomarkers of colorectal adenoma-dysplasia-carcinoma progression: mRNA expression profiling and in situ protein detection on TMAs reveal 15 sequentially upregulated and 2 downregulated genesOrsolya Galamb
2nd Department of Medicine, Semmelweis University, Szentkiralyi str 46, Budapest, Hungary
Cell Oncol 31:19-29. 2009..As most colorectal cancers (CRC) develop from villous adenomas, studying alterations in gene expression profiles across the colorectal adenoma-dysplasia-carcinoma sequence may yield potential biomarkers of disease progression...
- The amnesiac gene product is expressed in two neurons in the Drosophila brain that are critical for memoryS Waddell
Center for Learning and Memory Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences Department of Biology Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Cell 103:805-13. 2000..The predicted amnesiac gene product, AMN, is an apparent preproneuropeptide, and previous studies suggest that it stimulates cAMP synthesis...
- Physical organization of phytobeneficial genes nifH and ipdC in the plant growth-promoting rhizobacterium Azospirillum lipoferum 4VIDidier Blaha
UMR CNRS 5557 Ecologie Microbienne, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 43 bd du 11 Novembre, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
FEMS Microbiol Lett 244:157-63. 2005..brasilense. In contrast, the region located downstream of acpD contained four housekeeping genes (i.e. genes encoding DapF-, MiaB- and FtsY-like proteins, as well as gene amn) and differed totally from the one found in A. brasilense.
- Current and future pharmacological treatment strategies in X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyJohannes Berger
Center for Brain Research, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Brain Pathol 20:845-56. 2010..the clinical spectrum of the neurometabolic disorder X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy/adrenomyeloneuropathy (X-ALD/AMN)...
- Progression of abnormalities in adrenomyeloneuropathy and neurologically asymptomatic X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy despite treatment with "Lorenzo's oil"B M van Geel
Department of Neurology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 67:290-9. 1999..The efficacy of "Lorenzo's oil" in the milder phenotypes of X-ALD was assessed, as this has been much less investigated...
- Decreased expression of ABCD4 and BG1 genes early in the pathogenesis of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyMuriel Asheuer
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U561, Hopital Saint Vincent de Paul, Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 14:1293-303. 2005Childhood cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy (CCER), adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) and AMN with cerebral demyelination (AMN-C) are the main phenotypic variants of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD)...
- Effect of religion on the attitude of primiparous women toward genetic testingIhab M Usta
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
Prenat Diagn 30:241-6. 2010..Factors that influence a pregnant woman's decision to accept or decline genetic tests are largely undefined. The objective of this study was to determine the acceptance rate of prenatal diagnostic testing in Lebanon according to religion...
- General aspects and neuropathology of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyIsidro Ferrer
Institut Neuropatologia, Servei Anatomia Patològica, Institut d Investigació Biomèdica de Bellvitge IDIBELL Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, Hospitalet de Llobregat, CIBERNED, Spain
Brain Pathol 20:817-30. 2010..recognized in male patients including cerebral ALD in childhood, adolescence or adulthood, adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN), Addison's disease and, eventually, gonadal insufficiency...
- Amantadine as augmentation therapy in the management of treatment-resistant depressionRafael Stryjer
Beer Yaakov Mental Health Center, Beer Yaakov, Israel
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 18:93-6. 2003..Amantadine (AMN), an agent traditionally used in the treatment and prophylaxis of influenza, is now known to exhibit prominent ..
- MRI and proton MRSI in women heterozygous for X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyA Fatemi
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Neurology 60:1301-7. 2003..To utilize neuroimaging procedures to assess the extent of cerebral involvement in female subjects heterozygous for X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy (X-ALD)...
- Natural history of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy in JapanYasuyuki Suzuki
Medical Education Development Center, Gifu University School of Medicine, Yanagido 1 1, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Brain Dev 27:353-7. 2005..The data on 145 patients, including 46 patients with the childhood cerebral form, 39 with adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN), 33 with the adult cerebral form, 14 with the adolescent form and 13 with the olivo-ponto-cerebellar (OPC) form, ..
- Early oxidative damage underlying neurodegeneration in X-adrenoleukodystrophyStephane Fourcade
Centre de Genètica Mèdica i Molecular, Institut d Investigació Biomèdica de Bellvitge IDIBELL, Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Hum Mol Genet 17:1762-73. 2008..cerebral childhood adrenoleukodystrophy (CCALD) or spinal cord neurodegeneration (adrenomyeloneuropathy, AMN), adrenal insufficiency and accumulation of very long-chain fatty acids (VLCFA) in tissues...
- Computational study of drug binding to the membrane-bound tetrameric M2 peptide bundle from influenza A virusEkta Khurana
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1808:530-7. 2011..Adamantane drugs, amantadine (AMN) and rimantidine (RMN), block the proton conduction in some strains, and have been used for the treatment and ..
- Putative X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy gene shares unexpected homology with ABC transportersJ Mosser
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire des Eucaryotes du CNRS, INSERM Unite 184, Institut de Chimie Biologique, Faculte de Medecine, Strasbourg, France
Nature 361:726-30. 1993..is an X-linked disease affecting 1/20,000 males either as cerebral ALD in childhood or as adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) in adults. Childhood ALD is the more severe form, with onset of neurological symptoms between 5-12 years of age...
- Influence of genetic and environmental factors on melanocytic naevi: a lesson from Turner's syndromeA Zvulunov
Division of Dermatology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Br J Dermatol 138:993-7. 1998..Although a high count of acquired melanocytic naevi (AMN) is one of the major risk factors for melanoma, this malignancy has been reported only rarely in patients with TS...
- An X-linked gene involved in androgenetic alopecia: a lesson to be learned from adrenoleukodystrophyA Konig
Department of Dermatology, Philipp University, Marburg, Germany
Dermatology 200:213-8. 2000Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD), including its adult variant adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN), is an X-linked recessive trait characterized by progressive demyelinization of the nervous system...
- Brain dysfunction explored by long latency reflex: a study of adrenomyeloneuropathyK K Liao
Neurology, Neurological Institute, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan
Acta Neurol Scand 104:105-9. 2001We can assess brain function by measuring the cortical relay time (CRT) of long latency reflex (LLR) of hand muscle. We would study if measurement of CRT of LLR can explore the brain involvement of adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN).
- Control of Drosophila perineurial glial growth by interacting neurotransmitter-mediated signaling pathwaysJ Yager
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, MS 140, Rice University, Houston, TX 77005, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:10445-50. 2001..transporter; eag, which encodes a potassium channel; push, which encodes a large, Zn(2+)-finger-containing protein; amn, which encodes a putative neuropeptide related to the pituitary adenylate cyclase activator peptide; and NF1, the ..
- Adrenomyeloneuropathy, a dynamic progressive disorder: brain magnetic resonance imaging of two casesYuan Heng Mo
Department of Medical Imaging, National Taiwan University Hospital, 7 Chung Shan South Road, 100 Taipei, Taiwan
Neuroradiology 46:296-300. 2004Adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) is a phenotype variant of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy...
- Sensorimotor function and axonal integrity in adrenomyeloneuropathyKathleen M Zackowski
Kennedy Krieger Institute, The Johns Hopkins University Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Arch Neurol 63:74-80. 2006Gait abnormalities and sensorimotor disturbances are principal defects in adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN). However, to our knowledge, their association with overall impairment and neuroanatomical changes has not been defined.
- Methionine metabolism and phenotypic variability in X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyM Linnebank
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Neurology 66:442-3. 2006..adrenoleukodystrophy, this genotype was overrepresented in a subgroup of 15 patients with adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) with CNS demyelination (adrenoleukomyeloneuropathy) in comparison to 49 AMN patients without CNS demyelination ("..
- Atropine methyl nitrate increases myenteric but not dorsal vagal complex Fos-like immunoreactivity in the ratShannon J Raboin
Gastroenterology Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, AL 36088, USA
Physiol Behav 88:448-52. 2006Atropine methyl nitrate (AMN, 0.05, 0...
- Nevus type in dermoscopy is related to skin type in white personsIris Zalaudek
Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Arch Dermatol 143:351-6. 2007Dermoscopic classification of acquired melanocytic nevi (AMN) is based on the evaluation of 3 main criteria-global pattern, pigment distribution, and color.
- Evidence of in vitro differential secretion of 72 and 92 kDa type IV collagenases after selective exposure to lipopolysaccharide in human fetal membranesGuadalupe Garcia-Lopez
Direction of Research, Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia Isidro Espinosa de los Reyes, Mexico City 11000, Mexico
Mol Hum Reprod 13:409-18. 2007..membranes form two independent chambers, allowing for the selective stimulation of either the amnion (AMN) and/or the choriodecidua (CHD) regions...
- Attitudes of families affected by adrenoleukodystrophy toward prenatal diagnosis, presymptomatic and carrier testing, and newborn screeningJean Schaller
Myriad Genetic Laboratories, Inc, Medical Services, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Genet Test 11:296-302. 2007Families affected by adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD) and adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) were surveyed to elicit attitudes toward prenatal, presymptomatic and carrier testing, and newborn screening in order to determine the level of support that ..
- Amnionless (AMN) mutations in Imerslund-Gräsbeck syndrome may be associated with disturbed vitamin B12 transport into the CNSA S Luder
Department of Paediatrics, Ziv Medical Center, Safed and Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa, Israel
J Inherit Metab Dis 31:493-6. 2008..Mutations in the amnionless (AMN) and cubilin (CUBN) genes are known to be causes of IGS...
- Cholesterol-deprivation increases mono-unsaturated very long-chain fatty acids in skin fibroblasts from patients with X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyM Engelen
Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Laboratory Genetic Metabolic Diseases, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1781:105-11. 2008..and fatal cerebral demyelinating disease in childhood (CCALD), to the milder slowly progressive form in adulthood (AMN)...
- Tasigna for chronic and accelerated phase Philadelphia chromosome--positive chronic myelogenous leukemia resistant to or intolerant of imatinibMaitreyee Hazarika
Office of Oncology Drug Products, Office of New Drugs, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, United States Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland 20993, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:5325-31. 2008..FDA) approval report describes the data and analyses leading to the approval by the FDA of nilotinib (Tasigna, AMN-107; Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation), an inhibitor of Bcr-Abl tyrosine kinase, for the treatment of chronic-..
- Histogenesis of congenital and acquired melanocytic nevi based on histological study of lesion size and thicknessYasutaka Tokuda
Division of Dermatology, National Mastumoto Medical Center, Murai chyo, Matsumoto, Japan
J Dermatol 37:1011-8. 2010..To clarify the histogenic differences between acquired melanocytic nevi (AMN) and congenital melanocytic nevi (CMN), diameter and depth of nevus cells (tumor thickness) were examined in ..
- Evidence of in vitro differential secretion of human beta-defensins-1, -2, and -3 after selective exposure to Streptococcus agalactiae in human fetal membranesVeronica Zaga-Clavellina
Department of Cell Biology, Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia, Mexico City, Mexico
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 25:358-63. 2012The aim of this work was to characterize the individual contribution of the amnion (AMN) and choriodecidua (CHD) regions to the secretion of human beta defensins (HBD)-1, -2, and -3, after stimulation with Streptococcus agalactiae.
- Reproductive function in men affected by X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy/adrenomyeloneuropathyT J Stradomska
Department of Biochemistry and Experimental Medicine, The Children s Memorial Health Institute, Al Dzieci Polskich 20, 04 730 Warsaw, Poland
Eur J Endocrinol 166:291-4. 2012..X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy (X-ALD) is the most frequent, severely neurodegenerative, clinically heterogeneous peroxisomal disorder, the signs of which are a consequence of myelin, adrenal cortex, and testes impairment...
- Detection of melamine in infant formula and grain powder by surface-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometryYi Ting Hsieh
Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 26:1393-8. 2012We have developed a method for the determination of melamine (MEL), ammeline (AMN), and ammelide (AMD) by surface-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry (SALDI-MS) using gold nanoparticles (Au NPs)...
- Tissue-specific human beta-defensins (HBD)-1, HBD-2 and HBD-3 secretion profile from human amniochorionic membranes stimulated with Candida albicans in a two-compartment tissue culture systemVeronica Zaga-Clavellina
Department of Cell Biology, Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia Isidro Espinosa de los Reyes, Mexico City, Mexico
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 10:70. 2012..The aim of this work was to characterize the individual contribution of the amnion (AMN) and choriodecidua (CHD) regions to the secretion of HBD-1, HBD-2 and HBD-3, after stimulation with Candida albicans...
- Vitamin B12 absorption: mammalian physiology and acquired and inherited disordersRenata Kozyraki
INSERM, U968, Paris F 75012, France
Biochimie 95:1002-7. 2013..Disturbed cellular entry, transit or egress of vitamin B12 may lead to low vitamin B12 status or deficiency and eventually hematological and neurological disorders...
- Cubilin and amnionless mediate protein reabsorption in Drosophila nephrocytesFujian Zhang
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 24:209-16. 2013..required for nephrocyte function and identified two Drosophila genes encoding orthologs of mammalian cubilin and amnionless (AMN), two major receptors for protein reabsorption in the proximal tubule...
- A Novel Double Mutation in the ABCD1 Gene in a Patient with X-linked Adrenoleukodystrophy: Analysis of the Stability and Function of the Mutant ABCD1 ProteinMasashi Morita
Department of Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama, Japan
JIMD Rep 10:95-102. 2013We diagnosed an adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) patient with a double novel missense mutation, c.284C>A (p.A95D) and c.290A>T (p.H97L) in a single ABCD1 allele...
- Mass balance of anti-influenza drugs discharged into the Yodo River system, Japan, under an influenza outbreakTakashi Azuma
Research Center for Environmental Quality Management, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, 1 2 Yumihama, Otsu, Shiga 520 0811, Japan Electronic address
Chemosphere 93:1672-7. 2013..of the mass balances of four anti-influenza drugs-oseltamivir (OS), oseltamivir carboxylate (OC), amantadine (AMN), and zanamivir (ZAN)-in the urban area of the Yodo River system...
- Imerslund-Gräsbeck syndrome in a 25-month-old Italian girl caused by a homozygous mutation in AMNGianpaolo De Filippo
Servizio di Endocrinologia Pediatrica, AORN Gaetano Rummo, Benevento, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 39:58. 2013..We report for the first time the case of a girl of Italian ancestry with IGS genetically confirmed by the detection of a homozygous missense mutation in the AMN gene (c.208-2 A > G).
- Assessment of vascularity in common blue nevi, small/medium congenital nevocellular, common and dysplastic acquired melanocytic nevi and melanomas: a comparative studyEleftherios N Ioannidis
Department of Dermatopathology, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Am J Dermatopathol 36:217-22. 2014..congenital nevocellular nevi (CN), common blue nevi (BN), common and dysplastic acquired melanocytic nevi (AMN), and melanomas. The authors collected 31 BN, 48 CN (≤5 cm), 35 AMN (14 common, 21 dysplastic), and 26 melanomas...
- Loss of AMP-activated protein kinase in X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy patient-derived fibroblasts and lymphocytesJaspreet Singh
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI 48202, United States Electronic address
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 445:126-31. 2014..and lymphocytes of the severe cerebral form of X-ALD (ALD), and not in the milder adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) form. Decrease in AMPK was observed at both protein and mRNA levels...
- [Analysis on pathology features and prognosis of appendiceal mucinous neoplasm]Mei Zhang
Department of Pathology, Nanjing Drum Tower Hospital, Nanjing University Medical School, Nanjing 210008, China
Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi 17:65-70. 2014To explore the pathological features and prognosis of appendiceal mucinous neoplasms (AMN) based on WHO classification 2010.
- Apoptotic cells subjected to cold/warming exposure disorganize apoptotic microtubule network and undergo secondary necrosisManuel Oropesa-Avila
Centro Andaluz de Biologia del Desarrollo CABD, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red Enfermedades Raras, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Carretera de Utrera Km 1, 41013, Seville, Spain
Apoptosis 19:1364-77. 2014Apoptotic microtubule network (AMN) is organized during apoptosis, forming a cortical structure beneath the plasma membrane which plays a critical role in preserving cell morphology and plasma membrane integrity...
- Synergistic and antagonistic effect of lactic acid bacteria on tyramine production by food-borne pathogenic bacteria in tyrosine decarboxylase brothEsmeray Kuley
Department of Seafood Processing Technology, Faculty of Fisheries, Cukurova University, 01330 Balcali, Adana, Turkey Electronic address
Food Chem 127:1163-8. 2011..Significant differences were observed among the FBP strains in ammonia (AMN) and BA production apart from tryptamine, histamine (HIS) and spermine formation (p<0.05)...
- Exploiting supramolecular synthons in designing gelators derived from multiple drugsRajdip Roy
Department of Organic Chemistry, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science IACS, 2A and 2B, Raja S C Mullick Road, Jadavpur, Kolkata 700032, West Bengal India, Fax 91 33 2473 2805
Chemistry 20:15320-4. 2014..supramolecular gelators comprised of various nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and amantadine (AMN) (an antiviral drug) has been demonstrated using a supramolecular synthon approach...
- The influence of the cell free solution of lactic acid bacteria on tyramine production by food borne-pathogens in tyrosine decarboxylase brothNurten Toy
Vocational School of Feke, Cukurova University, 01660 Feke, Adana, Turkey
Food Chem 173:45-53. 2015..inhibitor effect since lactic acid inhibited microbial growth, decreased pH quickly and reduced the formation of AMN and BAs...
- Magnetically optimized SERS assay for rapid detection of trace drug-related biomarkers in saliva and fingerprintsTianxi Yang
The Education Ministry Key Lab of Resource Chemistry, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Rare Earth Functional Materials, Shanghai Municipal Education Committee Key Laboratory of Molecular Imaging Probes and Sensors and Department of Chemistry, Shanghai Normal University, Shanghai 200234, PR China
Biosens Bioelectron 68:350-7. 2015..In this paper, Au nanoparticles dotted magnetic nanocomposites (AMN) modified with inositol hexakisphosphate (IP6) were used as surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) substrate to ..
- Emerging roles of apoptotic microtubules during the execution phase of apoptosisManuel Oropesa Avila
Centro Andaluz de Biologia del Desarrollo CABD, and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red Enfermedades Raras, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Universidad Pablo de Olavide Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, Sevilla, 41013, Spain
Cytoskeleton (Hoboken) 72:435-46. 2015..that microtubules are reformed during the execution phase of apoptosis organizing an apoptotic microtubule network (AMN). AMN is organized behind plasma membrane, forming a cortical structure...
- Functional Characterization of IPSC-Derived Brain Cells as a Model for X-Linked AdrenoleukodystrophyMauhamad Baarine
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Research Institute, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0143238. 2015..phenotypes: the fatal disorder of cerebral childhood ALD (cALD) or a milder disorder of adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN)...
- Dermoscopic and Immunohistochemical Changes in Acquired Melanocytic Nevi following Narrow-Band Ultraviolet B TherapyHesham Zaher
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Dermatology 232:273-8. 2016Acquired melanocytic nevi (AMN) have been reported to undergo morphological and dermoscopic changes following exposure to narrow-band ultraviolet B (NB-UVB) radiation.
- Influence of urothelial or suburothelial cholinergic receptors on bladder reflexes in chronic spinal cord injured catsTimothy D Ungerer
Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Exp Neurol 285:147-158. 2016..administration of a muscarinic receptor agonist (oxotremorine-M, OXO-M) and antagonist (atropine methyl nitrate, AMN) and of a nicotinic receptor agonist (nicotine) and antagonist (hexamethonium, C6) on reflex bladder ..
- Ultimate Clinical Outcomes of Appendiceal Mucinous Neoplasm of Uncertain Malignant PotentialRumi Shin
Department of Surgery, Seoul Metropolitan Government Seoul National University Boramae Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Ann Surg Oncol . 2016The clinical outcome of appendiceal mucinous neoplasm (AMN) is not well understood...
- Deletion mapping of the Drosophila memory mutant amnesiacT Tully
J Neurogenet 3:33-47. 1986..conditioning procedure, two deficiency chromosomes, mal8 and mal12, produced amnesiac-like memory deficits in Df/amn flies but not in Df/ + controls...
- Comparative studies of four Drosophila P-insertion mutants with memory defectsYu V Bragina
Laboratory for Comparative Behavioral Genetics, I P Pavlov Institute of Physiology, Russian Academy of Sciences, 6 Makarov Bank, 199034 St Petersburg, Russia
Neurosci Behav Physiol 33:73-9. 2003..e., the association between the conditioned and unconditioned stimuli (lat, rut, dnc, amn, and P153) and the association between the conditioned stimulus and the aversive motivational system mediating the ..
- Identification of 20 genes aberrantly methylated in human breast cancersKazuaki Miyamoto
Carcinogenesis Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Cancer 116:407-14. 2005..HOXD11, FLJ25161, XT3, PCDH10, PCDHGB6, SIM1, LOC346978, COE2, TDH (FLJ25033), LOC346419, FLJ33790, GJB2, AMN, LOC201164, DLX4, DCC and FOXA2, were found to be methylated in at least one of 8 breast cancer cell lines...
- Academia Multidisciplinaria Neurotraumatologica AMNK R H von Wild
Medical Faculty, Westfälischen Wilhelms University, Munster, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Acta Neurochir Suppl 93:223-6. 2005
- Homozygous AMN mutation in hereditary selective intestinal malabsorption of vitamin B12 in JordanJamil R Al-Alami
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Laboratory Science, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
Saudi Med J 26:1061-4. 2005..Several syndromes present with megaloblastic anemia such as congenital megaloblastic anemia due to intrinsic factor defect and juvenile megaloblastic anemia with proteinuria due to defects in the cubilin or the amnionless protein.
- Auditory brainstem response findings and peripheral auditory sensitivity in adrenoleukodystrophyJ P Pillion
Kennedy Krieger Institute, MD 21205, USA
J Neurol Sci 247:130-7. 2006..The five groups were cerebral childhood and adolescent, pure adrenomyeloneuropathy (pure AMN), adrenomyeloneuropathy cerebral (AMN cerebral), Addison's only and symptomatic female heterozygotes...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of Mn-superoxide dismutase from disk abalone (Haliotis discus discus)Prashani Mudika Ekanayake
Department of Marine Biotechnology, Cheju National University, 66 Jejudaehakno, Jeju 690 756, Republic of Korea
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 145:318-24. 2006..In this study, a putative gene encoding Mn-SOD from disk abalone (Haliotis discus discus, aMn-SOD) was cloned, sequenced, expressed in Escherichia coli K12(TB1) and the protein was purified using pMAL protein ..
- Determination of MICs of aminocandin for Candida spp. and filamentous fungiN Isham
Center for Medical Mycology, University Hospitals of Cleveland Case Western Reserve University, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Clin Microbiol 44:4342-4. 2006..We evaluated the new echinocandin aminocandin (AMN) for its antifungal activities against a range of fungal pathogens by determination of the MICs for the organisms...
- Repeated administration of imipramine modifies GABAergic transmission in rat frontal cortexJoanna Wabno
Department of Physiology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Smetna 12, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 120:711-9. 2013..Application of N,N'-dibenzhydrylethane-1,2-diamine dihydrochloride (AMN 082), a selective mGluR7 allosteric agonist, to the slice incubation medium resulted in a decrease in the mean ..
- [X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy--case reports of 4 patients in a family]Miroslav Dumic
Klinicki bolnicki centar Zagreb
Lijec Vjesn 124:258-62. 2002..from three generations showed three patients with adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD), one with adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) and five females heterozygous for ALD, three of which were psychiatric patients...
- A-, T-, and H-type currents shape intrinsic firing of developing rat abducens motoneuronsMichael Russier
Neurobiologie des Canaux Ioniques, INSERM U464, IFR Jean Roche, Faculte de Medecine Nord, Universite de la Mediterranee, Boulevard Pierre Dramard, 13916 Marseille Cedex 20, France
J Physiol 549:21-36. 2003..Recordings were made from aMNs in the whole-cell configuration of the patch-clamp technique. Two main types of aMn could be distinguished according to their firing profile during prolonged depolarizations...
- Accessory mental nerve: case report, review and its role in trigeminal neuralgiaAnjani Kumar Jha
Neelam s Faciomaxillary and Dental Care Centre, 661 8th Main Road, Hampinagar, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Surg Radiol Anat 34:469-73. 2012The presence of accessory mental nerve (AMN) is rare and only few cases have been reported. Peripheral neurectomy of the mental nerve is one of the treatments of choice in cases of trigeminal neuralgia (TGN) affecting the mental nerve...
- Comparison of three methods for detection of melamine in compost and soilYongqiang Tian
Depatment of Vegetable Science, College of Agronomy and Biotechnology, China Agricultural University, 2 Yuanmingyuan xilu, Beijing 100193, China
Sci Total Environ 417:255-62. 2012..All three methods accurately detected MM concentrations if no MM degradation products, such as ammeline (AMN), ammelide (AMD) and cyanuric acid (CA), were present in an aqueous sample...
- X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy: clinical, metabolic, genetic and pathophysiological aspectsStephan Kemp
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1822:1465-74. 2012..The two main clinical phenotypes of X-ALD are adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) and inflammatory cerebral ALD that manifests either in children or more rarely in adults...
- Strength: a relevant link to functional performance in the neurodegenerative disease of adrenomyeloneuropathyJennifer L Keller
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, MD, USA
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 26:1080-8. 2012With progressive abnormalities in leg strength, tone, and sensation, adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) is a differential diagnosis for multiple sclerosis and hereditary spastic paraparesis...
- How can cobalamin injections be spaced in long-term therapy for inborn errors of vitamin B(12) absorption?Amina Boina Abdallah
APHP, Reference Center for Inherited Metabolic Disease, Hopital Robert Debre, F 75019 Paris, France
Mol Genet Metab 107:66-71. 2012..IGD is due to mutations in one of the 2 subunits of the intrinsic factor receptor that is cubilin (CUBN) or amnionless (AMN)...
- Intravenous immunoglobulin treatment in a patient with adrenomyeloneuropathyAia Elise Jønch
Kennedy Centre, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, GL, Landevej 7, Copenhagen, 2600, Glostrup, Denmark
BMC Neurol 12:108. 2012Adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) is one of several phenotypes of the adrenoleukodystrophy spectrum caused by mutations in the ABCD1 gene on the X chromosome...
- Increased macular choroidal blood flow velocity during systemic corticosteroid therapy in a patient with acute macular neuroretinopathyYuki Hashimoto
Department of Ophthalmology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Clin Ophthalmol 6:1645-9. 2012The precise mechanism causing outer retinal damage in acute macular neuroretinopathy (AMN) remains unclear...
- Structure and regulation of the AMP nucleosidase gene (amn) from Escherichia coliH B Leung
Department of Biochemistry, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Biochemistry 28:8726-33. 1989The gene for AMP nucleosidase from Escherichia coli (amn) has been sequenced and characterized. The gene codes for a transcript of 1.7 +/- 0.2 kb, and the open reading frame corresponds to a protein of 483 amino acids (Mr = 53848)...
- Mutations in the gene for X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy in patients with different clinical phenotypesA Braun
Department of Pediatrics, University of Munich, Germany
Am J Hum Genet 56:854-61. 1995..X-ALD and in their female relatives; these clinical expressions were cerebral childhood ALD, adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN), and "Addison disease only" (ADO) phenotype...
- A neuropeptide gene defined by the Drosophila memory mutant amnesiacM B Feany
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 268:869-73. 1995..One suppressor mutation that was recovered mapped in the amnesiac (amn) gene. Cloning of the locus revealed that amn encodes a previously uncharacterized neuropeptide gene...
- A candidate gene for the amnionless gastrulation stage mouse mutation encodes a TRAF-related proteinX Wang
Molecular Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York, 10021, USA
Dev Biol 177:274-90. 1996We report the identification of a new recessive prenatal lethal insertional mutation, amnionless (amn). amn mutant embryos first appear abnormal during the Early Streak stage, between E6.5 and E7.0, when they initiate mesoderm production...
- [Phenotype variability in adrenoleukodystrophy. Presentation of three new cases and a review of literature]J R Ara
Rev Neurol 24:843-7. 1996..disorder with very variable phenotype expression, including classical infantil ALD, adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) in adults and sex-linked Addison's disease. Clinical observations. Three affected patients are presented...
- Cloning and analysis of the shiA gene, which encodes the shikimate transport system of escherichia coli K-12M J Whipp
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, 3052, Australia
Gene 209:185-92. 1998..The gene is predicted to encode a protein of 438 amino acids and lies adjacent to the amn gene...
- Differences in developmental cell death between somatic and autonomic motor neurons of rat spinal cordR Wetts
Division of Neurosciences, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010 3011, USA
J Comp Neurol 396:483-92. 1998..In the present study, we used three different approaches to determine the amount of AMN cell death during normal development in the rat...
- Imaging the Pathophysiology of AMN in Mice and HumansFlorian S Eichler; Fiscal Year: 2010..candidate to further develop his knowledge of MR physics and expertise in imaging studies of adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN), a form of adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD), while providing rigorous exposure to the clinical and biological side of ..
- Functional Studies in AdrenomyeloneuropathyGerald Raymond; Fiscal Year: 2005..In affected men, AMN presents most commonly in the late twenties as a spastic paraparesis that is progressive over decades and often ..
- A Phase III Trial of Lorenzo's Oil in AdrenomyeloneuropathyGerald Raymond; Fiscal Year: 2009..study of glyceryl trioleate-glyceryl trierucate (Lorenzo's Oil or LO) therapy in adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN), the adult form of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy (X-ALD)...
- Cell Growth and Differentiation in the Vetebrate EmbryoElizabeth Lacy; Fiscal Year: 2005..The mouse mutation amnionless (amn) not only impairs epiblast growth, but also specifically disrupts the assembly and/or function of the ..
- noso and primitive streak function in mouse gastrulationFloria Lupu; Fiscal Year: 2004..One of these, amn (amnionless), was previously characterized by the Lacy lab, which recently cloned the Amn gene...
- Mechanisms and significance of cublin-mediated HDL uptakeWILLIAM ARGRAVES; Fiscal Year: 2009..The second aim is to determine the significance of each of the three known cubilin co-receptors, megalin, amnionless (AMN) and the cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor ll-receptor (CIMPR), to the ..
- SIGNALLING WITHIN THE DROSOPHILA SEGMENTAL NERVEMichael Stern; Fiscal Year: 2004..intermediates in the receipt of intercellular signaling pathways mediated by the PACAP neuropeptide, or by the amn-encoded protein, which is PACAP-related...
- MRNA EXPORT FROM THE NUCLEUS OF SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAEALAN TARTAKOFF; Fiscal Year: 1993The goal is to characterize available temperature-sensitive mutants of Saccharomyces cerevisiae (amn mutants) which accumulate polyA+ mRNA in the nucleus at 37oC. These mutants fall into eleven complementation groups...
- Adolescent Nicotine Exposure and Adult Cognitive Processes in RatsSTEPHEN FOUNTAIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results will also provide new information regarding the important public health question of the extent to which adolescent nicotine exposure is a threat to adult cognitive capacity. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Niacin Sensitivity and Fatty Acids in SchizophreniaErik Messamore; Fiscal Year: 2005..niacin sensitivity by measuring the skin blood flow response to graded doses of topical alpha-methylnicotinate (AMN)...
- Transdisciplinary Imaging Genetics Center (1 of 2)(RMI)Steven Potkin; Fiscal Year: 2006..The new knowledge generated by the Center holds considerable promise for improving diagnosis and treatment of mental illness. [unreadable] [unreadable]..