Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AHI1
Description: Abelson helper integration site 1
Alias: AHI-1, JBTS3, ORF1, dJ71N10.1, jouberin, abelson helper integration site 1 protein homolog, contatins SH3 and WD40 domains
Publications189 found, 100 shown here
- Impact of the AHI1 gene on the vulnerability to schizophrenia: a case-control association studyOlga Rivero
Unit of Molecular Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e12254. 2010The Abelson helper integration-1 (AHI1) gene is required for both cerebellar and cortical development in humans...
- Genome annotation of a 1.5 Mb region of human chromosome 6q23 encompassing a quantitative trait locus for fetal hemoglobin expression in adultsJames Close
Department of Haematological Medicine, GKT School of Medicine, London, SE5 9PJ, UK
BMC Genomics 5:33. 2004....
- The characterization of Abelson helper integration site-1 in skeletal muscle and its links to the metabolic syndromeMatthew J Prior
School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, Deakin University, Geelong, Australia
Metabolism 59:1057-64. 2010The human Abelson helper integration site-1 (AHI1) gene is associated with both neurologic and hematologic disorders; however, it is also located in a chromosomal region linked to metabolic syndrome phenotypes and was identified as a type ..
- Ahi-1, a novel gene encoding a modular protein with WD40-repeat and SH3 domains, is targeted by the Ahi-1 and Mis-2 provirus integrationsXiaoyan Jiang
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Montreal, H2W 1R7 Quebéc, Canada
J Virol 76:9046-59. 2002....
- Abnormal cerebellar development and axonal decussation due to mutations in AHI1 in Joubert syndromeRussell J Ferland
Division of Neurogenetics and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, NRB 266, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Genet 36:1008-13. 2004..Here we identified a locus associated with Joubert syndrome, JBTS3, on chromosome 6q23.2-q23...
- Mutations in the AHI1 gene, encoding jouberin, cause Joubert syndrome with cortical polymicrogyriaTracy Dixon-Salazar
Laboratory for Neurogenetics, Department of Neurosciences, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0691, USA
Am J Hum Genet 75:979-87. 2004..AHI1, encoding the Jouberin protein, is an alternatively spliced signaling molecule that contains seven Trp-Asp (WD) repeats, an SH3 domain, ..
- AHI1 mutations cause both retinal dystrophy and renal cystic disease in Joubert syndromeM A Parisi
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center and the University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Med Genet 43:334-9. 2006..Four genetic loci have been mapped, with two genes identified (AHI1 and NPHP1).
- Identification of the first AHI1 gene mutations in nephronophthisis-associated Joubert syndromeBoris Utsch
Departments of Pediatrics and of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 21:32-5. 2006..Recently, mutations in AHI1 on chromosome 6q23.3 were found in JBTS patients without NPHP...
- AHI1 gene mutations cause specific forms of Joubert syndrome-related disordersEnza Maria Valente
Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, Mendel Institute, Rome, Italy
Ann Neurol 59:527-34. 2006..The frequency of mutations in the first positionally cloned gene, AHI1, is unknown.
- AHI1, a pivotal neurodevelopmental gene, and C6orf217 are associated with susceptibility to schizophreniaDaniela Amann-Zalcenstein
Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Eur J Hum Genet 14:1111-9. 2006..The implicated genomic region harbors the Abelson Helper Integration Site 1 (AHI1) gene, which showed the strongest association signal, and an adjacent, primate-specific gene, C6orf217...
- High NPHP1 and NPHP6 mutation rate in patients with Joubert syndrome and nephronophthisis: potential epistatic effect of NPHP6 and AHI1 mutations in patients with NPHP1 mutationsKalman Tory
INSERM, U574, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1566-75. 2007..Mutations in three genes--AHI1, NPHP1, and NPHP6--have been identified in patients with JS...
- Support for involvement of the AHI1 locus in schizophreniaAndres Ingason
deCODE Genetics, Reykjavik, Iceland
Eur J Hum Genet 15:988-91. 2007Recently, markers in the Abelson Helper Integration Site 1 (AHI1) region were shown to be associated with schizophrenia in a family sample of Israeli-Arabs...
- DNA analysis of AHI1, NPHP1 and CYCLIN D1 in Joubert syndrome patients from the NetherlandsHester Y Kroes
Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht, PO Box 85090, 3508 AB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur J Med Genet 51:24-34. 2008..Five genes, AHI1, NPHP1, CEP290, MKS3, and RPGRIP1L, and two additional loci on chromosome 9 and 11 have been identified so far...
- Jouberin localizes to collecting ducts and interacts with nephrocystin-1Lorraine Eley
Institute of Human Genetics, International Centre for Life, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Kidney Int 74:1139-49. 2008..Here we characterize Jouberin, a multi-domain protein encoded by the AHI1 gene...
- Association of common variants in the Joubert syndrome gene (AHI1) with autismAna I Alvarez Retuerto
Center for Autism Research and Treatment Semel Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:3887-96. 2008..inherited disorder, with mutations reported at several loci including the gene Abelson's Helper Integration 1 (AHI1)...
- Species differences in the expression of Ahi1, a protein implicated in the neurodevelopmental disorder Joubert syndrome, with preferential accumulation to stigmoid bodiesJennifer E Doering
Department of Biology, Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York 12180, USA
J Comp Neurol 511:238-56. 2008..Mutations in the Abelson-helper integration site-1 gene (AHI1) cause JBTS in humans, suggesting that AHI1 is required for hindbrain development; however AHI1 may also be ..
- AHI-1 interacts with BCR-ABL and modulates BCR-ABL transforming activity and imatinib response of CML stem/progenitor cellsLiang L Zhou
Terry Fox Laboratory, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver V5Z 1L3, BC, Canada
J Exp Med 205:2657-71. 2008..Importantly, this complex mediates TKI response/resistance of CML stem/progenitor cells. These studies implicate AHI-1 as a potential therapeutic target downstream of BCR-ABL in CML...
- Fine mapping of AHI1 as a schizophrenia susceptibility gene: from association to evolutionary evidenceFederica Torri
Genomics and Bioinformatics Unit, University of Milan Fondazione Filarete, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
FASEB J 24:3066-82. 2010..3 and proposed the Abelson helper integration site 1 (AHI1) as the candidate gene...
- Lymphoblast and brain expression of AHI1 and the novel primate-specific gene, C6orf217, in schizophrenia and bipolar disorderAlexandra Slonimsky
Biological Psychiatry Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Schizophr Res 120:159-66. 2010Association with schizophrenia of the Abelson Helper Integration Site 1 (AHI1) gene on chromosome 6q23 and the adjacent primate-specific gene, C6orf217, was demonstrated in an inbred, Arab Israeli family sample and replicated in an ..
- Genetic screening of LCA in Belgium: predominance of CEP290 and identification of potential modifier alleles in AHI1 of CEP290-related phenotypesFrauke Coppieters
Center for Medical Genetics Ghent, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Hum Mutat 31:E1709-66. 2010..The AHI1 gene was screened as a candidate modifier gene in three patients with the same CEP290 genotype but different ..
- Hypothalamic Ahi1 mediates feeding behavior through interaction with 5-HT2C receptorHao Wang
CAS Key Laboratory of Regenerative Biology, South China Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Guangzhou Institutes of Biomedicine and Health, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guangzhou 510530, China
J Biol Chem 287:2237-46. 2012..In the present study, we provide the evidence for the role of Abelson helper integration site 1 (Ahi1) protein as a mediator of feeding behavior through interaction with serotonin receptor 2C (5-HT(2C)R), known for ..
- A large replication study and meta-analysis in European samples provides further support for association of AHI1 markers with schizophreniaAndres Ingason
Research Institute of Biological Psychiatry, Copenhagen University Hospital, Roskilde, Denmark
Hum Mol Genet 19:1379-86. 2010The Abelson helper integration site 1 (AHI1) gene locus on chromosome 6q23 is among a group of candidate loci for schizophrenia susceptibility that were initially identified by linkage followed by linkage disequilibrium mapping, and ..
- Deregulated expression in Ph+ human leukemias of AHI-1, a gene activated by insertional mutagenesis in mouse models of leukemiaXiaoyan Jiang
Terry Fox Laboratory, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, Canada
Blood 103:3897-904. 2004....
- Role of a ferredoxin gene cotranscribed with the nifHDK operon in N(2) fixation and nitrogenase "switch-off" of Azoarcus sp. strain BH72T Egener
Symbiosis Research Group, Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology, D 35043 Marburg, Germany
J Bacteriol 183:3752-60. 2001..and open reading frames showing 52 and 36% amino acid sequence identity to nifY of Pseudomonas stutzeri A15 and ORF1 of Azotobacter vinelandii were located...
- Promoter activity associated with the left inverted terminal repeat of the killer plasmid k1 from yeastX J Chen
Institut Curie, Section de Biologie, Orsay, France
Biochimie 73:1195-203. 1991..The left terminal repeat is contiguous to the transcribed open reading frame, ORF1, which is supposed to code for a DNA polymerase...
- A 4.6 kb DNA region of Rhizobium meliloti involved in determining urease and hydrogenase activities carries the structural genes for urease (ureA, ureB, ureC) interrupted by other open reading framesG Miksch
Lehrstuhl fur Genetik, Fakultat fur Biologie, Universitat Bielefeld, Germany
Mol Gen Genet 242:539-50. 1994..The overall organisation of the DNA region analysed was ORF1, ureA (ORF2), ORF3, ureB (ORF4), ORF5, ORF6 and ureC (ORF7), indicating that the organisation of the urease ..
- Characterization of gene expression on genomic segment 7 of infectious salmon anaemia virusFrederick S B Kibenge
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, P E I, Canada
Virol J 4:34. 2007....
- Bacterial genes involved in incorporation of nickel into a hydrogenase enzymeC Fu
Department of Biology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:5099-103. 1994..This 4.5-kb DNA fragment contains four open reading frames designated as ORF1, hupN, hupO, and hupP, which encode polypeptides with predicted masses of 17, 40, 19, and 63.5 kDa, respectively...
- Identification and cloning of an Erwinia carotovora subsp. carotovora bacteriocin regulator gene by insertional mutagenesisD Y Chuang
Institute of Genetic Ecology, Tohoku University, 2 1 1 Katahira, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8577, Japan
J Bacteriol 181:1953-7. 1999..The 3' end of another ORF, ORF1, was located upstream of ORF2. A noncoding region and a putative promoter were located between ORF1 and ORF2...
- Biosynthesis of sulfur-containing amino acids in Streptomyces venezuelae ISP5230: roles for cystathionine beta-synthase and transsulfurationZ Chang
Department of Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 4J1
Microbiology 148:2135-47. 2002..venezuelae DNA insert in pJV207 detected two ORFs. The deduced amino acid sequence of ORF1 matched both cysteine synthase and cystathionine beta-synthase sequences in GenBank, but its size favoured ..
- The genes coding for enterocin EJ97 production by Enterococcus faecalis EJ97 are located on a conjugative plasmidMarina Sanchez-Hidalgo
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Granada, Fuentenueva s n, 18071 Granada, Spain
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:1633-41. 2003..There are two additional ORFs (ORF1 and ORF6) flanking the ej97 module, which have been identified as a transposon-like structure (tnp)...
- Identification, susceptibility, and detection of integron-gene cassettes of Arcanobacterium pyogenes in bovine endometritisM C Liu
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Veterinary Medicine, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, PR China
J Dairy Sci 92:3659-66. 2009..The function of the sixth identified cassette, designated ORF1, is unknown. The gene cassette arrays aadA24-ORF1, aadA5, and aadA1-addB-cmlA6 were found in 46.13% (6/13), 38...
- Analysis of the complete genome of peach chlorotic mottle virus: identification of non-AUG start codons, in vitro coat protein expression, and elucidation of serological cross-reactionsD James
Centre for Plant Health, Research Section, Sidney Laboratory, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Sidney, British Columbia, Canada
Arch Virol 152:2207-15. 2007..PCMV ORF1 encodes the replication-associated protein complex (Mr 241,503), ORF2-ORF4 code for the triple gene block proteins (..
- Genetic characterization and phylogenetic analysis of porcine circovirus type 2 (PCV2) strains from cases presenting various clinical conditionsRenée Larochelle
Laboratoire d Hygiène vétérinaire et alimentaire, Agence canadienne d inspection des aliments, 3400 Casavant ouest, Quebec, J2S 8E3, St Hyacinthe, Canada
Virus Res 90:101-12. 2002..Sequence analysis of ORF1 and ORF2 genes of the 34 strains revealed that the extent of nucleotide variation was greater for the ORF2 than for ..
- A locus that contributes to colonization of the intestinal tract by Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron contains a single regulatory gene (chuR) that links two polysaccharide utilization pathwaysQ Cheng
Department of Microbiology, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801
J Bacteriol 174:7185-93. 1992..5 kbp. This DNA segment was sequenced and found to contain a 401-codon open reading frame (ORF1) and the N-terminal segment of a second open reading frame (ORF2), which was downstream of ORF1 and transcribed in ..
- The hmc operon of Desulfovibrio vulgaris subsp. vulgaris Hildenborough encodes a potential transmembrane redox protein complexM Rossi
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Bacteriol 175:4699-711. 1993..vulgaris Hildenborough indicated the presence of eight open reading frames, encoding proteins Orf1 to Orf6, Rrf1, and Rrf2...
- Novel genes involved in the regulation of pathogenicity factor production within the rpf gene cluster of Xanthomonas campestrisJ M Dow
The Sainsbury Laboratory, John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, UK
Microbiology 146:885-91. 2000..Sequence analysis identified eight genes or ORFs with the gene order rpfD-orf1-orf2-orf3-orf4-recJ-rpf E-greA...
- A relA/spoT homologous gene from Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2) controls antibiotic biosynthetic genesO H Martínez-Costa
Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, Campus Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 271:10627-34. 1996..Computer-assisted analysis of the DNA sequence revealed three putative open reading frames (ORFs), ORF1, ORF2, and ORF3...
- Molecular characterization of the gyrB region of the oral spirochete, Treponema denticolaS R Greene
Program in Infectious Diseases, Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7400, USA
Gene 253:259-69. 2000..Analysis of the deduced amino acid (aa) sequence revealed two complete open reading frames (ORFs) (ORF1 and ORF3) and a truncated ORF (ORF4')...
- Characterization of pRGO1, a plasmid from Propionibacterium acidipropionici, and its use for development of a host-vector system in propionibacteriaP Kiatpapan
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 66:4688-95. 2000..0%. Frame analysis of the sequence revealed six open reading frames, which were designated Orf1 to Orf6...
- Sequence and transcription mapping of Bacillus subtilis competence genes comB and comA, one of which is related to a family of bacterial regulatory determinantsY Weinrauch
Department of Microbiology, Public Health Research Institute, New York, New York 10016
J Bacteriol 171:5362-75. 1989..The predicted amino acid sequence of the comA ORF1 gene product consisted of 214 amino acids, with an aggregate molecular weight of 24,132...
- Nucleotide sequence, genomic organization and synthesis of infectious transcripts from a full-length clone of artichoke mottle crinkle virusM Tavazza
Technological Innovation Department, ENEA Casaccia, Roma, Italy
J Gen Virol 75:1515-24. 1994..benthamiana plants. The AMCV genome contains five open reading frames (ORFs). The first ORF from the 5' terminus (ORF1) encodes a protein with a predicted M(r) of 33K...
- Complete nucleotide sequence of Sesbania mosaic virus: a new virus species of the genus SobemovirusG L Lokesh
Department of Biochemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Arch Virol 146:209-23. 2001..The 5' non-coding regions of SeMV, SBMV and southern cowpea mosaic virus (SCPMV) are nearly identical. However ORF1 of SeMV which encodes for a putative movement protein of M(r) 18370 has only 34% identity with SBMV-Ark...
- In vitro proteolytic processing of the MD145 norovirus ORF1 nonstructural polyprotein yields stable precursors and products similar to those detected in calicivirus-infected cellsGaël Belliot
Laboratory of Infectious Diseases Research Technologies Branch, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 8026, USA
J Virol 77:10957-74. 2003..The open reading frame 1 (ORF1) (encoding the nonstructural polyprotein) was cloned as a consensus sequence into various expression vectors, and a ..
- Respiratory nitrate reductase from haloarchaeon Haloferax mediterranei: biochemical and genetic analysisB Lledó
División de Bioquímica y Biología Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Alicante, Ap 99, E 03080, Alicante, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1674:50-9. 2004..The nar operon encodes seven open reading frames(ORFs) (ORF1 narB, narC, ORF4, narG, narH, ORF7 and narJ)...
- Functional organization and nucleotide sequence of the Bacillus subtilis pyrimidine biosynthetic operonC L Quinn
Department of Biochemistry, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801
J Biol Chem 266:9113-27. 1991..of transcripts, the genes in this cluster appear to be transcribed on one large polycistronic message in the order ORF1, pyrB, pyrC, pyrAA, pyrAB, ORF2, pyrD, pyrF, pyrE...
- Tn5401, a new class II transposable element from Bacillus thuringiensisJ A Baum
Ecogen Inc, Langhorne, Pennsylvania 19047 1810
J Bacteriol 176:2835-45. 1994..Two small open reading frames of unknown function, designated orf1 (85 residues) and orf2 (74 residues), were also identified...
- Aspergillus nidulans verA is required for production of the mycotoxin sterigmatocystinN P Keller
Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843
Appl Environ Microbiol 60:1444-50. 1994..a sequence analysis of the region 3' to verA, we identified two additional open reading frames, designated ORF1 and ORF2...
- Cloning, sequencing and expression of the gene encoding the carboxytransferase subunit of the biotin-dependent Na+ pump glutaconyl-CoA decarboxylase from Acidaminococcus fermentans in Escherichia coliK Bendrat
Laboratorium für Mikrobiologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Federal Republic of Germany
Eur J Biochem 211:697-702. 1993..2. Sequencing of the flanking regions revealed three adjacent ORF (ORF1-3) which do not code for any of the peptide sequences known of the other GCD subunits...
- Azorhizobium caulinodans nitrogen fixation (nif/fix) gene regulation: mutagenesis of the nifA -24/-12 promoter element, characterization of a ntrA(rpoN) gene, and derivation of a modelJ Stigter
MSU DOE Plant Research Laboratory, East Lansing 48824
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 6:238-52. 1993..The presence of three open reading frames (ORF1-3) was demonstrated...
- Retinal degeneration and failure of photoreceptor outer segment formation in mice with targeted deletion of the Joubert syndrome gene, Ahi1Jennifer E Westfall
Department of Biology, Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York 12180, USA
J Neurosci 30:8759-68. 2010..Here, we show that Ahi1, a gene that when mutated results in the neurodevelopmental disorder, Joubert syndrome (JBTS), is required for ..
- Complete nucleotide sequence of Nootka lupine vein-clearing virusNancy L Robertson
USDA, ARS, Subarctic Agricultural Research Service Unit, Arctic Plant Germplasm Introduction and Research Project, 533 E Fireweed Avenue, Palmer, AK 99645, USA
Virus Genes 35:807-14. 2007..The order and gene product size, starting from the 5'-proximal ORF consisted of: (1) polymerase/replicase gene, ORF1 (p27) and ORF1RT (readthrough) (p87), (2) movement proteins ORF2 (p7) and ORF3 (p9), and, (3) the 3'-proximal coat ..
- Detection of infectious myonecrosis virus using monoclonal antibody specific to N and C fragments of the capsid protein expressed heterologouslyAreerat Kunanopparat
Department of Biology, Srinakharinwirot University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Virol Methods 171:141-8. 2011The gene encoding the capsid protein in ORF1 of the genome of infectious myonecrosis virus (IMNV) (GenBank AY570982) was amplified into three parts named CP-N (nucleotides 2248-3045), CP-I (nucleotides 3046-3954) and CP-C (nucleotides ..
- DNA sequence and functions of the actVI region of the actinorhodin biosynthetic gene cluster of Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)M A Fernandez-Moreno
Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Campus Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 269:24854-63. 1994..pairs at the left end of the act cluster (the so-called "actVI region"), in the order: ORFB, ORFA, ORF1, ORF2, ORF3, ORF4...
- Parasporal body formation via overexpression of the Cry10Aa toxin of Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. israelensis, and Cry10Aa-Cyt1Aa synergismAlejandro Hernández-Soto
Centro de Investigacion en Biologia Celular y Molecular, Ciudad de la Investigación, Universidad de Costa Rica, San Jose, Costa Rica
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:4661-7. 2009..By using a new strategy, the whole Cry10A operon was cloned in the pSTAB vector, where both open reading frames ORF1 and ORF2 (and the gap between the two) were located, under the control of the cyt1A operon and the STAB-SD ..
- Genetic characterization of plasmids containing genes encoding enzymes of leucine biosynthesis in endosymbionts (Buchnera) of aphidsL Baumann
Microbiology Section, University of California, Davis, California 95616 8665, USA
J Mol Evol 48:77-85. 1999..as genes encoding proteins probably involved in plasmid replication (repA1 and repA2) and an open reading frame (ORF1) of unknown function...
- Proteolytic processing of sapovirus ORF1 polyproteinTomoichiro Oka
Department of Virology II, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Gakuen 4 7 1, Musashi Murayama, Tokyo 208 0011, Japan
J Virol 79:7283-90. 2005..3C-like protease (Pro), 3D-like RNA-dependent RNA polymerase (Pol), and capsid protein (VP1) are encoded in the ORF1 polyprotein, which is afterwards cleaved into the nonstructural and structural proteins...
- Cytochrome aa3 of Rhodobacter sphaeroides as a model for mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase. The coxII/coxIII operon codes for structural and assembly proteins homologous to those in yeastJ Cao
Department of Biochemistry, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824
J Biol Chem 267:24273-8. 1992..The organization of the genes in this locus (coxII.orf1.orf3.coxIII) is the same as that of the equivalent operon of Paracoccus denitrificans (ctaC.ctaB.ctaG...
- Highly conserved configuration of catalytic amino acid residues among calicivirus-encoded proteasesTomoichiro Oka
Department of Virology II, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Gakuen 4 7 1, Musashi Murayama, Tokyo 208 0011, Japan
J Virol 81:6798-806. 2007..processing of the viral polyprotein catalyzed by the viral 3C-like protease encoded in open reading frame 1 (ORF1)...
- Cloning and characterization of monofunctional catalase from photosynthetic bacterium Rhodospirillum rubrum S1Dong Heon Lee
Department of Life Science, Cheju National University, Jeju 690 756, Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 17:1460-8. 2007..sequence revealed that the cloned DNA fragment was organized into three open reading frames, designated as ORF1, catalase, and ORF3 in that order...
- The double-stranded RNA genome of yeast virus L-A encodes its own putative RNA polymerase by fusing two open reading framesT Icho
Section on Genetics of Simple Eukaryotes, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 264:6716-23. 1989..The sequence of L-A cDNA clones revealed two open reading frames (ORF), ORF1 and ORF2...
- Organization and expression of the double-stranded RNA genome of Helminthosporium victoriae 190S virus, a totivirus infecting a plant pathogenic filamentous fungusS Huang
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40546 0091, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:12541-6. 1996..Computer-assisted sequence analysis revealed the presence of two large overlapping ORFs; the 5'-proximal large ORF (ORF1) codes for the coat protein (CP) with a predicted molecular mass of 81 kDa, and the 3'-proximal ORF (ORF2), which ..
- Characterization of chromosomal regions conserved in Yersinia pseudotuberculosis and lost by Yersinia pestisFlavie Pouillot
Yersinia Research Unit, Institut Pasteur, Paris Cedex 15, France
Infect Immun 76:4592-9. 2008..screening of 78 strains of the two species identified five regions (R1 to R5) and four open reading frames (ORFs; orf1 to orf4) that were conserved in Y. pseudotuberculosis and absent from Y. pestis. Their conservation in Y...
- NTPase and 5' to 3' RNA duplex-unwinding activities of the hepatitis E virus helicase domainYogesh A Karpe
Hepatitis Division, National Institute of Virology, Microbial Containment Complex, Sus Road, Pashan, Pune, India 411021, USA
J Virol 84:3595-602. 2010..The open reading frame 1 (ORF1) protein of HEV encodes nonstructural polyprotein with putative domains for methyltransferase, cysteine protease, ..
- Sequence analysis and characterization of plasmids from Streptococcus thermophilusArnold Geis
Federal Dairy Research Centre, Institute for Microbiology, Hermann Weigmann Strasse 1, 24103 Kiel, Germany
Plasmid 50:53-69. 2003..The gene products of ORF1 and ORF4 reveal some similarities to transposon encoded proteins of Bacillus subtilis and Tn916...
- T lymphocyte epitope mapping of porcine circovirus type 2Leanne S Stevenson
Department of Veterinary Science, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast BT4 3SD, United Kingdom
Viral Immunol 20:389-98. 2007Immunoreactive T lymphocyte epitopes within the ORF1, ORF2, and ORF 3 products of porcine circovirus type 2 (PCV2) were mapped...
- Activation of mRNA translation by phage protein and low temperature: the case of Lactococcus lactis abortive infection system AbiD1Elena Bidnenko
Laboratoire de Genetique Microbienne, INRA, 78352 Jouy en Josas, France
BMC Mol Biol 10:4. 2009..We previously showed that development of AbiD1 abortive infection against phage bIL66 depends on orf1, which is expressed in mid-infection. However, molecular basis for this activation remains unclear.
- Mutational analyses of open reading frames within the vraSR operon and their roles in the cell wall stress response of Staphylococcus aureusN McCallum
Institute of Medical Microbiology, University of Zurich, Gloriastr 32, 8006 Zurich, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:1391-402. 2011..The vraSR genes form part of the four-cistron autoregulatory operon orf1-yvqF-vraS-vraR...
- Mitochondrial intronic open reading frames in Podospora: mobility and consecutive exonic sequence variationsC H Sellem
Centre de Genetique Moleculaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Gif sur Yvette, France
Genetics 143:777-88. 1996..Among the 15 optional sequences identified are two intronic reading frames, nad1-i4-orf1 and cox1-i7-orf2...
- Phenotypic and genetic characterization of the bacteriophage abortive infection mechanism AbiK from Lactococcus lactisE Emond
Department of Biochemistry, faculte des sciences et genie, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Appl Environ Microbiol 63:1274-83. 1997..5-kb fragment allowed the identification of two large open reading frames. Deletion mutants showed that only orf1 was needed to produce the Abi phenotype...
- Intron open reading frames as mobile elements and evolution of a group I intronC H Sellem
Centre de Genetique Moleculaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, France
Mol Biol Evol 14:518-26. 1997..In this paper we present such experiments, which demonstrate the efficient mobility of the mitochondrial nad1-i4-orf1 between two Podospora strains...
- Identification and in vivo functional analysis by gene disruption of ctnA, an activator gene involved in citrinin biosynthesis in Monascus purpureusTakeo Shimizu
International Center for Biotechnology, Osaka University, 2 1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:5097-103. 2007..Four open reading frames (ORFs) (orf1, orf2, orf3, and orf4) in the 5'-flanking region and one ORF (orf5) in the 3'-flanking region were identified in ..
- The ORF3 protein of hepatitis E virus interacts with hemopexin by means of its 26 amino acid N-terminal hydrophobic domain IIRuchi Ratra
Virology Group, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, P O Box 10504, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi 110067, India
Biochemistry 47:1957-69. 2008..The 5' two-thirds of the 7.2 kb single-stranded RNA genome of HEV encodes ORF1, and the 3' end encodes the structural proteins ORF2 and ORF3...
- Multiple domain structure in a chitinase gene (chiC) of Streptomyces lividansT Fujii
Laboratory of Soil General Microbiology, National Institute of Agro Environmental Sciences, Ibaraki, Japan
J Gen Microbiol 139:677-86. 1993..DNA sequence analysis of this region revealed the presence of two open reading frames (ORF1 and ORF2) which had opposite orientations...
- Molecular organization of Leishmania RNA virus 1K D Stuart
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute, WA 98109 1651
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:8596-600. 1992..This suggests that the 450-base region at the 5' end of the LRV1 (+)-strand, which contains ORF1 and is highly conserved among viral strains, does not encode protein but has a role in initiation of translation ..
- Erwinia carotovora subsp. carotovora extracellular protease: characterization and nucleotide sequence of the geneS R Kyöstiö
Department of Plant Pathology, Physiology, and Weed Science, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg 24061
J Bacteriol 173:6537-46. 1991..The partial nucleotide sequence of the insert in pSK1 (1,878 bp) revealed a 1,041-bp open reading frame (ORF1) that correlated with protease activity in deletion mutants...
- Sequence analysis of Enterococcus faecalis aggregation substance encoded by the sex pheromone plasmid pAD1D Galli
Lehrstuhl fur Mikrobiologie der Universitat Munchen, FRG
Mol Microbiol 4:895-904. 1990..b>ORF1 codes for a small (Mr 13,160) acidic protein of unknown function...
- The lcrE gene is part of an operon in the lcr region of Yersinia enterocolitica O:3A M Viitanen
Department of Medical Microbiology, Turku University, Finland
J Bacteriol 172:3152-62. 1990..3-kilobase-pair) transcripts strongly supports the conclusion that the lcrE gene and ORF1 to -5 function as an operon...
- Nucleotide sequence of the gene encoding the repressor for the histidine utilization genes of Pseudomonas putidaS L Allison
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Althouse Laboratory, Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802
J Bacteriol 172:5470-6. 1990..The first open reading frame (ORF1) appeared to encode a 27,648-dalton protein of 248 amino acids whose sequence strongly resembled that of the hut ..
- Identification of a gene linked to Rhizobium meliloti ntrA whose product is homologous to a family to ATP-binding proteinsL M Albright
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Bacteriol 171:1932-41. 1989..meliloti, we identified an open reading frame directly upstream of ntrA, ORF1, whose predicted product is homologous to a superfamily of ATP-binding proteins involved in transport, cell ..
- Nucleotide sequence of papaya mosaic virus RNAT L Sit
Department of Botany, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Gen Virol 70:2325-31. 1989..The fifth ORF produces the capsid protein of Mr 23043 and the sixth ORF, located completely within ORF1, could code for a protein with Mr 14113...
- Sequences of nifX, nifW, nifZ, nifB and two ORF in the Frankia nitrogen fixation gene clusterO T Harriott
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Connecticut, Storrs 06268 3044, USA
Gene 161:63-7. 1995..aa sequence similarities to nif from other N2-fixing bacteria, eight ORF were identified and designated nifX, orf3, orf1, nifW, nifZ, nifB, orf2 and nifU...
- A 10 kb nucleotide sequence at the 5' flanking region (32 degrees) of srfAA of the Bacillus subtilis chromosomeY Fujishima
Institute of Biological Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Microbiology 141:277-9. 1995..The products of two other ORFs showed similarity to GlnP of Escherichia coli (orf1) and beta-glucosidase A of B. polymyxa (orf5).
- Transcriptional mapping of the 3' end of the bovine syncytial virus genomeR W Renshaw
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Parasitology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853
J Virol 68:1021-8. 1994..The primary splice acceptor site was located 17 bp upstream from the proximal 3' open reading frame known as BF-ORF1. A second major splice acceptor was localized to a region upstream of the second open reading frame, BF-ORF2...
- Cloning, sequencing and expression of the acylneuraminate lyase gene from Clostridium perfringens A99C Traving
Biochemisches Institut der Christian Albrechts Unversität, Kiel, Germany
Glycoconj J 14:821-30. 1997..Upstream from this regulatory region another open reading frame (ORF1) was detected. The 3'-terminus of the lyase structural gene is followed by a further ORF (ORF3)...
- Determination of a 15437 bp nucleotide sequence around the inhA gene of Mycobacterium avium and similarity analysis of the products of putative ORFsM Labò
Dipartimento di Genetica e Microbiologia, Universita di Pavia, Italy
Microbiology 144:807-14. 1998..proteins encoded by putative ORFs contained an RGD motif (often involved in binding to macrophage integrins), while ORF1 and MoxR are probably transcriptional regulators...
- Molecular characterization of the erythromycin resistance plasmid pPV142 from Staphylococcus simulansG A Somkuti
U S Department of Agriculture, ARS, Eastern Regional Research Center, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 165:281-8. 1998..Sequence analysis identified ORF1 and ORF2 encoding a 158-residue replication protein (Rep142) and a 244-residue erythromycin resistance protein (Erm,..
- Construction of environmental DNA libraries in Escherichia coli and screening for the presence of genes conferring utilization of 4-hydroxybutyrateA Henne
Abteilung Allgemeine Mikrobiologie, Institut für Mikrobiologie und Genetik der Georg August Universität, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 65:3901-7. 1999..Two other genes (orf1 and orf6) conferring utilization of 4-hydroxybutyrate were identified during subcloning and sequencing of the ..
- Sequence heterogeneity of TT virus and closely related virusesY E Khudyakov
Hepatitis Branch, Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U S Department of Health and Human Services, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Virol 74:2990-3000. 2000..the TTV genome in more detail, a sequence analysis of PCR fragments (271 bp) amplified from open reading frame 1 (ORF1) was performed...
- Processing map and essential cleavage sites of the nonstructural polyprotein encoded by ORF1 of the feline calicivirus genomeStanislav V Sosnovtsev
Laboratory of Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 8007, USA
J Virol 76:7060-72. 2002..and E(685)/N(686)) recognized by the virus proteinase in the N-terminal part of the open reading frame 1 (ORF1) polyprotein to complete the processing map...
- Characterization of Tn1546 in vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium isolated from canine urinary tract infections: evidence of gene exchange between human and animal enterococciS Simjee
Center for Veterinary Medicine, U S Food and Drug Administration, Laurel, Maryland 20708, USA
J Clin Microbiol 40:4659-65. 2002..Sequence analysis revealed that in Tn1546, ORF1 had an 889-bp deletion and an IS1216V insertion at the 5' end and an IS1251 insertion between vanS and vanH...
- Trans activity of the norovirus Camberwell proteinase and cleavage of the N-terminal protein encoded by ORF1Ee Ling Seah
Department of Microbiology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
J Virol 77:7150-5. 2003..trans activity was also demonstrated in COS cells transfected with constructs encoding either the proteinase or a proteinase-polymerase fusion. The N-terminal protein of ORF1 was cleaved in COS cells, possibly at the site E(194)/S.
- Structural and functional analysis of pt38, a 2.9kb plasmid of Streptococcus thermophilus yogurt strainPenka Petrova
Institute of Microbiology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Acad G Bonchev Str, bl26, Sofia 1113, Bulgaria
Plasmid 50:176-89. 2003..Five ORFs (ORF1 to ORF5) were identified, although putative transcription initiation and termination signals, and Shine-Dalgarno ..
- Sequence and genetic organization of the 19.3-kb erythromycin- and dalfopristin-resistance plasmid pLME300 from Lactobacillus fermentum ROT1Karin Y Gfeller
Laboratory of Food Microbiology, Institute of Food Science and Nutrition, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, ETH Zentrum, Zurich CH 8092, Switzerland
Plasmid 50:190-201. 2003..Based on putative open reading frames, pLME300 contains at least four different functional regions. In region I, ORF1 shows high homologies to replication proteins of different theta-replicating plasmids...
- MAX, a novel retrotransposon of the BEL-Pao family, is nested within the Bari1 cluster at the heterochromatic h39 region of chromosome 2 in Drosophila melanogasterR M Marsano
Dipartimento di Anatomia Patologica e di Genetica, Sezione di Genetica, Universita di Bari, Via G Amendola 165 A, 70126 Bari, Italy
Mol Genet Genomics 270:477-84. 2004..MAX possesses two ORFs; ORF1 putatively encodes a polyprotein comprising GAG and RT domains, while ORF2 could encode a 288-amino acid protein of ..
- Determination and analysis of the complete genomic sequence of avian hepatitis E virus (avian HEV) and attempts to infect rhesus monkeys with avian HEVF F Huang
Center for Molecular Medicine and Infectious Diseases, College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1410 Price s Fork Road, Blacksburg, VA 24060 0342, USA
J Gen Virol 85:1609-18. 2004..Avian HEV shares about 50 % nucleotide sequence identity over the complete genome, 48-51 % identity in ORF1, 46-48 % identity in ORF2 and only 29-34 % identity in ORF3 with human and swine HEV strains...
- Viral oncoprotein-induced mislocalization of select PDZ proteins disrupts tight junctions and causes polarity defects in epithelial cellsIsabel J Latorre
Department of Molecular Virology and Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Cell Sci 118:4283-93. 2005..Interestingly, the oncogenic potential of the adenovirus E4-ORF1 protein correlates with its binding to the cellular PDZ proteins MUPP1, MAGI-1, ZO-2 and SAP97, the first three of ..
- Genetic and functional characterization of the type IV secretion system in WolbachiaEdwige Rancès
Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
J Bacteriol 190:5020-30. 2008..operon was composed of three genes (virB3, virB4, and virB6) and included four additional open reading frames (orf1 to orf4) orientated in the same direction...
- Transposition of the Tourist-MITE mPing in yeast: an assay that retains key features of catalysis by the class 2 PIF/Harbinger superfamilyC Nathan Hancock
Plant Biology Department, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Mob DNA 1:5. 2010..Mobilization of superfamily members requires two separate element-encoded proteins (ORF1 and TPase)...
- Defective Wnt-dependent cerebellar midline fusion in a mouse model of Joubert syndromeMadeline A Lancaster
Laboratory for Neurogenetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institutes, Department of Pediatrics and Neurosciences, Institute for Genomic Medicine, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
Nat Med 17:726-31. 2011..Previous evidence has suggested a role for Jouberin (Jbn), the protein encoded by Ahi1, in canonical Wnt signaling...
- Class 1 and class 2 integrons in multidrug-resistant gram-negative bacteria isolated from the Salmon River, British ColumbiaHai Xu
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, People s Republic of China
Can J Microbiol 57:460-7. 2011..A new gene cassette of unknown function, orf1, was discovered between dfrA1 and aadA5 in Escherichia sp...
- Xiang Jin Meng; Fiscal Year: 2016..In specific aim 1, we hypothesize that the hypervariable region (HVR) in ORF1 and the inserted host gene sequences in HVR determine HEV host range...
- Joseph G Gleeson; Fiscal Year: 2015..We have identified the genes AHI1, NPHP1, CEP290, ARL13B, and INPP5E as well as several unpublished genes as mutated in patients with JS...
- Mechanisms of the Adenovirus E4-ORF1 OncoproteinRonald T Javier; Fiscal Year: 2013..estrogen-dependent mammary tumors in experimental animals and in having E4 region-encoded open reading frame 1 (E4-ORF1), rather than E1 region-encoded E1A and E1B, as its primary oncogenic determinant...
- Joseph G Gleeson; Fiscal Year: 2016..retinal, renal, hepatic, digit, and cerebral cortical manifestations, 2] Mapped the JBTS2 locus, 3] Identified the JBTS3 gene (AHI1), 4] Identified the JBTS4 gene (NPHP1), 5] Mapped and cloned the JBTS5 gene (CEP290), 6] Identified ..
- Xiao Jiang Li; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our recent studies also show that Hap1 forms a stable complex with Ahi1, a protein whose mutations cause Joubert syndrome, which is a brain developmental disorder...
- MULTIDRUG RESISTANT MORPHOTYPIC VARIANTS OF M. AVIUMGerard Cangelosi; Fiscal Year: 2003..This polymorphism which consists of an open reading frame (ORF1) interrupted by a novel insertion element (IS999), is the first genetic marker of multi-drug resistance to be ..
- The Genetics of Joubert SyndromeRUSSELL FERLAND; Fiscal Year: 2009..studies identified a causative gene for JS, which is a novel gene encoding a putative adaptor protein called AHI1. Specific Aim 1 will test the hypothesis that AHI1 is a causative gene for JS by further analyzing the genetic and ..
- Characterization of the Ahi1 mouse model of Joubert SyndromeCarrie M Louie; Fiscal Year: 2010..In preliminary studies, the laboratory has generated a knockout mouse of the Ahi1 gene, mutations of which has been shown to cause JS in humans...
- GENETICS AND BIOCHEMISTRY OF A MURINE RETROPOSONSandra Martin; Fiscal Year: 2009..The studies proposed here are specifically designed to: 1) Further elucidate the role of the L1-encoded ORF1 protein during retrotransposition by investigating the effects of mutations on retrotransposition activity, and on ..
- Retrotransposons as site-specific gene delivery vectorsJOHN GOODIER; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, I will assay in cell culture the efficiency of the L1 at integrating increasing lengths of exogenous DNA. ..
- Intracellular mechanisms of reovirus genome replication and particle assemblyMAX NIBERT; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ZOONOTIC AND XENOZOONOTIC RISKS OF HEPATITIS E VIRUSXiang Jin Meng; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- REOVIRUS OUTER-CAPSID ASSEMBLY & FUNCTIONS IN CELL ENTRYMAX NIBERT; Fiscal Year: 2005..These in vitro recoating methods have been adapted into a new style of molecular genetic analysis of reovirus outer-capsid structure and function by using mutant forms of recombinant proteins for recoating. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms in Reovirus mRNA SynthesisMAX NIBERT; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of these studies will enhance our understanding of the reovirus core as an elegantly designed molecular machine for mRNA synthesis. ..
- Molecular basis of Joubert syndrome and related diseasesMelissa Parisi; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Plant Transposases and their MITEsSusan Wessler; Fiscal Year: 2007..As such, knowledge of TE-mediated mechanisms of diversification are intimately involved in improving human health and understanding how plant and animal genomes evolve. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF NORWALK VIRUS GENOME EXPRESSIONMichele Hardy; Fiscal Year: 2003..non-structural protein synthesis and processing will be investigated in transfected intestinal cells expressing the ORF1 polyprotein. 3) To understand the functional interactions of NV non-structural proteins...
- IMMUNOTOXIC PROPERTIES OF MERCURIC COMPOUNDSBRUCE SHENKER; Fiscal Year: 2003..The goal of this application is to better understand the pathways responsible for mercury toxicity, as well as health implications associated with exposure to mercury-containing compounds. ..
- Automated (AI) Analysis of Sleep Disordered BreathingIndu Ayappa; Fiscal Year: 2004..Successful completion of the training and research program will allow Dr. Ayappa to contribute independently to research in the field of sleep physiology. ..
- Immune events, transcriptomics and biomarkers in hepatitis E pathogenesisShahid Jameel; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Relating sleep disordered breathing to daytime functionINDU A AYAPPA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Validating a measure of sleep disordered breathing that relates to sleepiness will help improve the diagnosis and treatment of obstructive sleep apnea. ..
- Immunosuppressive Proteins Produced by Oral PathogensBRUCE SHENKER; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL SILENCING MECHANISMSJEF BOEKE; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will use the tools of molecular genetics, biochemistry and structural biology to carry out a comprehensive analysis of the molecular mechanisms involved in silencing. ..
- YEAST GENETIC INTERACTION MAPJEF BOEKE; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, to our knowledge, we are the only group that can complete the remaining 98% of the yeast synthetic lethal interaction map. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Does the HSV-1 latency associated transcript (LAT) encode a protein?Clinton Jones; Fiscal Year: 2008..Studies will also determine whether LAT encoded proteins inhibit apoptosis, and whether these proteins are necessary for the latency reactivation cycle. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic Analysis-Adhesion of S Sanguis to S PellicleHui Wu; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Determinants of Virulence Porcine Circovirus 2Steven Krakowka; Fiscal Year: 2007..Collectively, these data will provide critical insight into pathogenic mechanisms of disease mediated by mammalian circoviruses and will provide key guidance for the future study of human circovirus pathogens. ..
- Glycosylation & Biogenesis of Streptococcal FimbriaeHui Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Therefore, elucidation of Fap1 glycosylation may provide a framework for understanding the role of glycoslyation in bacterial pathogenesis. ..
- Functional Analysis of a Streptococcal GPIb AdhesinHui Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..This information may lead to new approaches for prevention and treatment of infective endocarditis and other cardiovascular diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Functional discovery of Porphyromonas gingivalis genesTsute Chen; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..