Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AGT
Alias: ANHU, SERPINA8, angiotensinogen, alpha-1 antiproteinase, antitrypsin, angiotensin I, angiotensin II, pre-angiotensinogen, serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor, serpin A8, serpin peptidase inhibitor, clade A, member 8
Publications358 found, 100 shown here
- A novel angiotensin-converting enzyme-related carboxypeptidase (ACE2) converts angiotensin I to angiotensin 1-9M Donoghue
Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Circ Res 87:E1-9. 2000..Recombinant ACE2 hydrolyzes the carboxy terminal leucine from angiotensin I to generate angiotensin 1-9, which is converted to smaller angiotensin peptides by ACE in vitro and by ..
- Distribution of angiotensin-(1-7) and ACE2 in human placentas of normal and pathological pregnanciesG Valdes
Departamento Nefrología, Facultad Medicina Universidad Católica Santiago, Chile
Placenta 27:200-7. 2006..5 (0.5-0.8) vs 0.0 (0.0-0.0), p<0.01]. The uteroplacental location of Ang-(1-7) and ACE2 in pregnancy suggests an autocrine function of Ang-(1-7) in the vasoactive regulation that characterizes placentation and established pregnancy...
- Angiotensin II enhances epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition through the interaction between activated hepatic stellate cells and the stromal cell-derived factor-1/CXCR4 axis in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaKoichi Okamoto
Department of Oncology, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Int J Oncol 41:573-82. 2012We previously reported that hepatic stellate cells (HSCs) activated by angiotensin II (AngII) facilitate stromal fibrosis and tumor progression in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (ICC)...
- ACE2, angiotensin-(1-7) and Mas receptor axis in inflammation and fibrosisA C Simões E Silva
Departamento de Pediatria, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 169:477-92. 2013..Taken together, this knowledge may help in paving the way for the development of novel treatments for chronic inflammatory and renal diseases...
- An aldosterone synthase gene variant is associated with improvement in left ventricular ejection fraction in dilated cardiomyopathyArmindo D Tiago
Cardiovascular Genomics and Heart Failure Research Units, Department of Physiology, Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital and the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Cardiovasc Res 54:584-9. 2002....
- A molecular variant of angiotensinogen associated with preeclampsiaK Ward
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Utah, School of Medicine, Salt Lake City 84132
Nat Genet 4:59-61. 1993..hypertension, we have observed a significant association of preeclampsia with a molecular variant of angiotensinogen, T235, found previously to be associated with essential hypertension...
- Prognostic value of angiotensin-I converting enzyme I/D polymorphism for nephropathy in type 1 diabetes mellitus: a prospective studyS Hadjadj
Medecine B, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Angers, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:541-9. 2001..A substitution (M235T) polymorphism in angiotensinogen (AGT) may interact with ACE I/D polymorphism for the risk of diabetic nephropathy, but their prognostic ..
- Endothelin-converting enzyme-1 regulates endosomal sorting of calcitonin receptor-like receptor and beta-arrestinsBenjamin E Padilla
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Cell Biol 179:981-97. 2007..g., angiotensin II), or the recycling of the bradykinin B(2) receptor, which transiently interacts with beta-arrestins...
- Angiotensin-(1-7) is an endogenous ligand for the G protein-coupled receptor MasRobson A S Santos
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, 31270, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:8258-63. 2003..Collectively, these findings identify Mas as a functional receptor for Ang-(1-7) and provide a clear molecular basis for the physiological actions of this biologically active peptide...
- Urinary angiotensinogen as a novel biomarker of the intrarenal renin-angiotensin system status in hypertensive patientsHiroyuki Kobori
Department of Medicine, Renal Center of Excellence, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, 1430 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112 2699, USA
Hypertension 53:344-50. 2009We reported previously that urinary angiotensinogen (UAGT) levels provide a specific index of the intrarenal renin-angiotensin system (RAS) status in angiotensin II-dependent hypertensive rats...
- Renin-angiotensin system gene polymorphisms: relationship with blood pressure and microalbuminuria in telmisartan-treated hypertensive patientsJ Redon
Hypertension Clinic, Hospital Clinico, University of Valencia, Spain
Pharmacogenomics J 5:14-20. 2005..Patients were screened for the presence of the A-6G variant of the angiotensinogen gene, angiotensin-converting enzyme insertion/deletion polymorphism, and the A1166C and C573T polymorphisms ..
- Difference in angiotensinogen haplotype frequencies between chronic heart failure and advanced atherosclerosis patients - new prognostic factor?M Pavkova Goldbergova
Institute of Pathological Physiology, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 60:55-64. 2011Numerous association studies have been involved in studying the angiotensinogen (AGT) variants, AGT plasma levels and relations to cardiovascular diseases, such as hypertension, myocardial infarction, coronary heart disease...
- Renin-angiotensin system gene polymorphisms in children with Henoch-Schönlein purpura in West China- Desong Liu
Department of Pediatrics, Second Hospital of West China, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 11:248-55. 2010..001; p(alleo) = .007, OR(alleo) = 1.533, respectively). We also found correlations between ACE-I/D and Agt T174M with multiple organ involvements, with significant differences in ACE-D in renal groups (p < 0...
- Angiotensin II type 1 receptor-153A/G and 1166A/C gene polymorphisms and increase in aortic stiffness with age in hypertensive subjectsM Lajemi
Unité INSERM U337, Institut des Cordeliers, Paris, France
J Hypertens 19:407-13. 2001..Age is the main determinant responsible for arterial wall changes leading to arterial stiffening. Environmental and genetic factors may however influence the magnitude of the effects of age on large artery stiffness...
- Relationship between polymorphisms in the renin-angiotensin system and nephropathy in type 2 diabetic patientsS Fradin
Biochemistry, CHU Cote de Nacre, 14033 Caen Cedex, France
Diabetes Metab 28:27-32. 2002..ID ACE polymorphism modulates ACE level whereas M235T AGT polymorphism is involved in arterial hypertension...
- A/C1166 gene polymorphism of the angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1) and ambulatory blood pressure: the Ohasama StudyMasahiro Kikuya
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Science, Sendai, Japan
Hypertens Res 26:141-5. 2003..A/C1166 gene polymorphism in the 3' untranslated region of the angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1) gene is the final remaining major target in R-A-A to be examined in the Ohasama Study ..
- Angiotensin converting enzyme I/D, angiotensinogen T174M-M235T and angiotensin II type 1 receptor A1166C gene polymorphisms in Turkish hypertensive patientsBedia Agachan
University of Istanbul, Institute of Experimental Medical Research, Department of Molecular Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Exp Mol Med 35:545-9. 2003..investigated four Renin Angiotensin System (RAS) gene polymorphisms, the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE), angiotensinogen (AGN) M235T/T174M and angiotensin II type 1 receptor A1166C polymorphism in 109 hypertensive and 86 ..
- ACE-DD genotype is associated with the occurrence of acute coronary syndrome in postmenopausal womenJulie Méthot
Quebec Heart Institute, Laval Hospital, 2725 Chemin Ste Foy, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada, G1V 4G5
Int J Cardiol 105:308-14. 2005..ACE), the A1166C polymorphism in the angiotensin type 1 receptor (AT1R), and the M235T polymorphism of the angiotensinogen gene are associated with cardiovascular disease mostly in men...
- Epistatic effects between two genes in the renin-angiotensin system and systolic blood pressure and coronary artery calcificationSharon L R Kardia
Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48104 3028, USA
Med Sci Monit 12:CR150-8. 2006..Since elevated blood pressure (BP) is an important predictor of CAC, genetic polymorphisms in the renin-angiotensin system and their interaction may play a role in explaining CAC quantity variation...
- [Endothelin-1, angiotensin II and cancer]Sylvie Cazaubon
Institut Cochin, Departement de Biologie Cellulaire, 22, Rue Mechain, 75014 Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 22:416-22. 2006Endothelin-1 (ET-1) and angiotensin II (AngII), two potent vasoactive peptides involved in the regulation of cardiovascular homeostasis, also induce mitogenic and pro-angiogenic responses in vitro and in vivo...
- The pregnancy-induced increase of plasma angiotensin-(1-7) is blunted in gestational diabetesAnelise Impellizzeri Nogueira
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Av Professor Alfredo Balena, 190, Santa Efigenia, 30130 100 Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Regul Pept 141:55-60. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the circulating RAS profile in normotensive women with GDM at the third trimester of pregnancy and to compare the results with healthy pregnant and non-pregnant age-matched women...
- Coupling factor 6 downregulates platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 via c-Src activation and acts as a proatherogenic moleculeAkiko Kumagai
Department of Cardiology, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
Atherosclerosis 200:45-50. 2008..examined the effects of CF6 on PECAM-1 expression and shear-mediated NO release, comparatively with those of angiotensin II (AngII)...
- Angiotensinogen gene T235 variant: a marker for the development of persistent microalbuminuria in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitusPatricia H Gallego
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, Princess Margaret Hospital, Perth, WA, Australia
J Diabetes Complications 22:191-8. 2008..renin-angiotensin system (RAS) coding for angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) insertion/deletion (I/D) for angiotensinogen (AGT) M235T and angiotensin II receptor type 1 (AGTR1) A1166C as predictors for the development of ..
- The M235T polymorphism of the angiotensinogen gene in South Indian patients of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy- Polugari Prem Kumar Manohar Rao
Institute of Genetics and Hospital for Genetic Diseases, Osmania University, Begumpet, Hyderabad, India
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 12:238-42. 2011..The objective of the present study was to examine the association of the T704C polymorphism of exon 2 of the angiotensinogen (AGT) gene with HCM in a South Indian population from Andhra Pradesh. Subjects and methods...
- Angiotensin II-dependent transcriptional activation of human steroidogenic acute regulatory protein gene by a 25-kDa cAMP-responsive element modulator protein isoform and Yin Yang 1Renate K Meier
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Louisville, School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA
Endocrinology 153:1256-68. 2012..activation of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (STAR) gene is a critical component in the angiotensin II (Ang II)-dependent increase in aldosterone biosynthesis in the adrenal gland...
- Role of angiotensin II and angiotensin-(1-7) in diabetes-induced oxidative DNA damage in the corpus cavernosumNarayana Kilarkaje
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Safat, Kuwait
Fertil Steril 100:226-33. 2013..To investigate diabetes mellitus (DM)-induced oxidative DNA damage, putative involvement of angiotensin (Ang) II, and possible modulatory effects of Ang-(1-7) in rat corpus cavernosum (CC)...
- Angiotensin III: (DES-Aspartic Acid-1)-Angiotensin II. Evidence and speculation for its role as an important agonist in the renin - angiotensin systemT L Goodfriend
Circ Res 36:38-48. 1975..The octapeptide angiotensin II affects vascular and cardiac sites that mediate acute pressor responses, and also causes direct feedback ..
- Human-derived vascular smooth muscle cells produce angiotensin II by changing to the synthetic phenotypeWen Yang Hu
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Cell Physiol 196:284-92. 2003..These findings implicate a new mechanism for the pathogenesis of human vascular proliferative diseases...
- A1166C angiotensin II type 1 receptor gene polymorphism may predict hemodynamic response to losartan in patients with cirrhosis and portal hypertensionSilvia Sookoian
Cardiologia Molecular, Instituto de Investigaciones Medicas A Lanari, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Gastroenterol 100:636-42. 2005..between genetic polymorphisms of the renin-angiotensin system (A1166C angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1R), angiotensinogen T174M and M235T, and angiotensin-converting enzyme I/D) and the effects of losartan on portal and systemic ..
- Cross-talk between angiotensin II receptor types 1 and 2: potential role in vascular remodeling in humansIvonne Hernandez Schulman
Hypertension 49:270-1. 2007
- Angiotensin II and IGF-1 regulate connexin43 expression via ERK and p38 signaling pathways in vascular smooth muscle cells of coronary artery bypass conduitsGuanghong Jia
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
J Surg Res 142:137-42. 2007..It is our hypothesis that increased connexin43 expression following stimulation of VSMCs with Ang II and IGF-1 contributes to more proliferation in saphenous vein (SV) than in the internal mammary artery (IMA)...
- ACE2 overexpression inhibits angiotensin II-induced monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression in macrophagesYong Jun Guo
Department of Cardiology, Shandong Provincial Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, PR China
Arch Med Res 39:149-54. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether ACE2 overexpression could protect human monocyte cell line (THP-1) macrophages from angiotensin II-induced monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) formation.
- Conformational switch of angiotensin II type 1 receptor underlying mechanical stress-induced activationNoritaka Yasuda
Department of Cardiovascular Science and Medicine, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
EMBO Rep 9:179-86. 2008The angiotensin II type 1 (AT(1)) receptor is a G protein-coupled receptor that has a crucial role in the development of load-induced cardiac hypertrophy...
- Angiotensinogen gene polymorphism in acute myocardial infarction patientsSounira Mehri
Laboratoire de Biochimie UR Human Nutrition and Metabolic Disorders, Faculte de Medecine, Monastir, Tunisie, Unité de Recherche Epidémiologie Génétique et Moléculaire, Faculte de Medecine de Tunis, Tunisie
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 12:42-7. 2011The objective of the study was to explore the role of a genetic variant of angiotensinogen (AGT), M235T, as an independent risk factor for acute myocardial infarction (AMI) and to investigate the possible association with the severity of ..
- Gene variation in resistant hypertension: multilocus analysis of the angiotensin 1-converting enzyme, angiotensinogen, and endothelial nitric oxide synthase genesJuan Carlos Yugar-Toledo
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Pharmacology, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Campinas, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
DNA Cell Biol 30:555-64. 2011..We examined the interaction of angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE), angiotensinogen (AGT), and endothelial nitric oxide synthase (NOS3) polymorphisms with environmental factors (gender, age, ..
- Angiotensin II increases the permeability and PV-1 expression of endothelial cellsCsaba Bodor
Hungarian Academy of Sciences and Semmelweis University, Research Group for Pediatrics and Nephrology, Institute of Pathophysiology, Semmelweis University, Faculty of Medicine, Budapest Hungary
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 302:C267-76. 2012b>Angiotensin II (ANG II), the major effector molecule of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS), is a powerful vasoactive mediator associated with hypertension and renal failure...
- Expression of heme oxygenase-1 in thick ascending loop of henle attenuates angiotensin II-dependent hypertensionDavid E Stec
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Center for Excellence in Cardiovascular Renal Research, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, 39216, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 23:834-41. 2012Kidney-specific induction of heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) attenuates the development of angiotensin II (Ang II) -dependent hypertension, but the relative contribution of vascular versus tubular induction of HO-1 is unknown...
- Angiotensin converting enzyme gene polymorphism predicts blood pressure response to angiotensin II receptor type 1 antagonist treatment in hypertensive patientsL Kurland
Department of Internal Medicine, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
J Hypertens 19:1783-7. 2001..To determine whether polymorphisms in the renin-angiotensin system can predict blood pressure-lowering response to antihypertensive treatment; more specifically, in response to treatment with irbesartan or atenolol...
- A1166C variant of angiotensin II type 1 receptor gene is associated with severe hypertension in pregnancy independently of T235 variant of angiotensinogen geneGen Kobashi
Division of Preventive Medicine, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, N15 W7, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
J Hum Genet 49:182-6. 2004..and multivariate analyses including other candidate causal factors of HP such as the M235T variant of the angiotensinogen (AGT) gene, prepregnancy body mass index (BMI), and family history of hypertension in Japanese subjects...
- Associations of the angiotensin II type 1 receptor A1166C and the endothelial NO synthase G894T gene polymorphisms with silent subcortical white matter lesions in essential hypertensionLéon H G Henskens
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Maastricht, PO Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Stroke 36:1869-73. 2005..Because these lesions may have a genetic background, we assessed the associations between polymorphisms of the renin-angiotensin system and the endothelial NO synthase (NOS3) genes and silent WMLs...
- Angiotensin II type 1 receptor 1166C polymorphism is associated with abdominal aortic aneurysm in three independent cohortsGregory T Jones
Department of Surgery, University of Otago, New Zealand
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:764-70. 2008..This study was undertaken, using the largest case series yet reported, to determine whether common genetic variants of the RAS are associated with either susceptibility or severity of AAA...
- 4G/5G variant of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene and severe pregnancy-induced hypertension: subgroup analyses of variants of angiotensinogen and endothelial nitric oxide synthaseGen Kobashi
Molecular Biostatistics Research Team, Research Center for Charged Particle Therapy, National Institute of Radiological Science, Chiba, Japan
J Epidemiol 19:275-80. 2009..inhibitor-1 gene (PAI-1) play a role in the pathogenesis of PIH, and to evaluate possible interactions of the PAI-1 polymorphisms with those of the angiotensinogen gene (AGT) and the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene (NOS3).
- MYH11 mutations result in a distinct vascular pathology driven by insulin-like growth factor 1 and angiotensin IIHariyadarshi Pannu
Department of Internal Medicine and Institute of Molecular Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Hum Mol Genet 16:2453-62. 2007..Enhanced expression of angiotensin-converting enzyme and markers of Angiotensin II (Ang II) vascular inflammation (macrophage inflammatory protein-1alpha and beta) were also found...
- Restenosis after percutaneous coronary intervention is associated with the angiotensin-II type-1 receptor 1166A/C polymorphism but not with polymorphisms of angiotensin-converting enzyme, angiotensin-II receptor, angiotensinogen or heme oxygenase-1Jasper S Wijpkema
Thoraxcenter, Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Pharmacogenet Genomics 16:331-7. 2006..We examined the effect of pharmacologic as well as genetic RAS interactions on restenosis in a large population of consecutive patients undergoing PCI, and evaluated possible gene-gene interactions in both systems...
- The M235T polymorphism in the AGT gene and CHD risk: evidence of a Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium violation and publication bias in a meta-analysisMohammad Hadi Zafarmand
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 3:e2533. 2008The M235T polymorphism in the AGT gene has been related to an increased risk of hypertension. This finding may also suggest an increased risk of coronary heart disease (CHD).
- Male-female differences in the genetic regulation of t-PA and PAI-1 levels in a Ghanaian populationJ A Schoenhard
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, TN, USA
Hum Genet 124:479-88. 2008....
- Association of angiotensinogen gene M235T and angiotensin-converting enzyme gene I/D polymorphisms with essential hypertension in Han Chinese population: a meta-analysisLin dan Ji
Department of Biochemistry and Genetics, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, PR China
J Hypertens 28:419-28. 2010The polymorphisms of angiotensinogen (AGT) and angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) genes have been linked to increased risk of essential hypertension in multiple populations, but the results were inconsistent.
- The counterregulating role of ACE2 and ACE2-mediated angiotensin 1-7 signaling against angiotensin II stimulation in vascular cellsNorihiro Hayashi
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Hypertens Res 33:1182-5. 2010..Endogenous ACE2 in vascular cells may contribute to counteracting the Ang II-mediated cellular response partly by upregulating the Ang 1-7 signaling through Mas...
- Effect of ACE gene polymorphism on age at renal death in polycystic kidney disease in JapanT Konoshita
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Fukui Medical University, Fukui, Japan
Am J Kidney Dis 37:113-118. 2001..with PKD were genotyped for several components of the RAS, ie, ACE insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism, angiotensinogen (AGT) M235T, and angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1) A1166C. Seventy-six of the 103 patients (73...
- Interaction between gene polymorphisms of renin-angiotensin system and metabolic risk factors in premature myocardial infarctionD Petrovic
Institute of Histology and Embryology, Medical Faculty Ljubljana, Slovenia
Angiology 52:247-52. 2001..Polymorphisms of angiotensin-I converting enzyme (ACE) gene (insertion/deletion), angiotensinogen gene (M235T), and angiotensin-II type-1 receptor (AGT1R) gene (A1166C) were tested...
- Genotyping the -6A/G functional polymorphism in the core promoter region of angiotensinogen gene by microchip electrophoresisJianhua Qin
Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian, PR China
Electrophoresis 26:219-24. 2005b>Angiotensinogen (AGT) gene has been regarded as one of the candidate genes for essential hypertension...
- Involvement of transient receptor potential canonical 1 (TRPC1) in angiotensin II-induced vascular smooth muscle cell hypertrophyYoichiro Takahashi
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondoh, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Atherosclerosis 195:287-96. 2007b>Angiotensin II (Ang II) induces vascular smooth muscle cell (VSMC) hypertrophy as one of the major events leading to atherosclerosis...
- Association between renin-angiotensin system gene polymorphism and essential hypertension: a community-based studyX Jiang
Department of Geriatrics, First Affiliated Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
J Hum Hypertens 23:176-81. 2009..We examined six polymorphisms in the main component genes of RAS: angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) (I/D), angiotensinogen (AGT) (A-6G, A-20C, G-217A and T174 M) and angiotensin type 1 receptor (AT1R) (A1166C)...
- Polymorphism in the angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AGTR1) is associated with age at diagnosis in pulmonary arterial hypertensionWendy K Chung
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 28:373-9. 2009..The renin angiotensin aldosterone system (RAAS) provides a set of candidate genes that could modulate pulmonary vascular disease similar to its effects on renal and peripheral vasculature...
- Genetic variation and activity of the renin-angiotensin system and severe hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetesUlrik Pedersen-Bjergaard
Endocrinology Section, Division of Internal Medicine I, Hillerød Hospital, Hillerød, Denmark
Am J Med 121:246.e1-8. 2008..We explored whether genetic and phenotypic variations in other components of the renin-angiotensin system are similarly associated...
- Angiotensin II upregulates acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase-1 via the angiotensin II Type 1 receptor in human monocyte-macrophagesTomoko Kanome
Department of Biochemistry, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo, Japan
Hypertens Res 31:1801-10. 2008b>Angiotensin II (Ang II) is known to accelerate the progression of macrophage-driven atherosclerotic lesions...
- Renin-angiotensin system polymorphisms and coronary events in familial hypercholesterolemiaA S Wierzbicki
Lipid Unit, Department of Chemical Pathology, King s College, London
Hypertension 36:808-12. 2000..Polymorphism frequencies for angiotensin-I-converting enzyme insertion/deletion (ACE I/D), angiotensinogen M235T, and angiotensin-II type I receptor (AG2R) A1166C were determined in 112 patients with FH and 72 ..
- Association of angiotensinogen M235T and A(-6)G gene polymorphisms with coronary heart disease with independence of essential hypertension: the PROCAGENE study. Prospective Cardiac GeneJ C Rodriguez-Perez
Research Unit, Hemodynamic Cardiology and Nephrology Services, Hospital de Gran Canaria Dr Negrin, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain
J Am Coll Cardiol 37:1536-42. 2001We examined the relationship between the angiotensinogen (AGT) gene M235T polymorphism, the variant promoter of the AGT gene A(-6)G and the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism and coronary heart ..
- Angiotensin(1-7) potentiates bradykinin-induced vasodilatation in manS Ueda
Department of Medicine II, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
J Hypertens 19:2001-9. 2001..It has been clearly demonstrated that angiotensin(1-7) potentiates the vasodilating effect of bradykinin in isolated vessels of animals...
- Variation at the Angiotensin-converting enzyme and endothelial nitric oxide synthase genes is associated with the risk of esophageal varices among patients with alcoholic cirrhosisE Coto
Molecular Genetics IRSIN and Digestive Service, Central Hospital of Asturias, Oviedo, Spain
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 38:833-9. 2001..in the maintenance of vascular tone, such as the endothelial-constitutive nitric oxide synthase (ecNOS), the angiotensinogen (AGT), the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE), and the angiotensin II receptor type 1 (AT1R) are polymorphic,..
- Angiotensinogen and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene polymorphism in relation to chronic allograft dysfunctionKadriye Reis
Department of Nephrology, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Transplant 19:10-4. 2005..This study investigated possible links between angiotensinogen (AGT) genotypes (M235T/MM, MT, TT) and PAI-1 genotypes (4G4G, 4G5G, 5G5G) and CAD assessments of both types ..
- Angiotensin II type 1-receptor antagonism prevents type IIA secretory phospholipase A2-dependent lipid peroxidationMaren Luchtefeld
Abteilung Kardiologie und Angiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Atherosclerosis 194:62-70. 2007..b>Angiotensin II (ANG II) type 1 (AT1)-receptor blockade reduces LDL-modification and atherosclerotic plaque formation in ..
- M235T polymorphism of the angiotensinogen gene and insertion/deletion polymorphism of the angiotensin-1 converting enzyme gene in essential arterial hypertension in CaucasiansN Glavnik
Institute of Histology and Embryology, Medical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Folia Biol (Praha) 53:69-70. 2007..contribution of candidate genes in the RAAS in pathogenesis of EAH, we analysed the M235T polymorphism of the angiotensinogen gene, and the I/D polymorphism of ACE gene in a group of adult Caucasians (Slovene population) with EAH...
- Recurrent in-stent restenosis is not associated with the angiotensin-converting enzyme D/I, angiotensinogen Thr174Met and Met235Thr, and the angiotensin-II receptor 1 A1166C polymorphismC Michael Gross
Franz Volhard Klinik, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Invasive Cardiol 19:261-4. 2007..of specific functional polymorphisms of the RAS, namely the angiotensin-I converting enzyme (ACE) D/I, the angiotensinogen (AGT) T174M and M235T, and A1166C of the angiotensin-II receptor 1 (AGTR1), revealed that the incidence RISR ..
- Endothelin-1, but not Ang II, activates MAP kinases through c-Src independent Ras-Raf dependent pathways in vascular smooth muscle cellsA Yogi
Kidney Research Centre, University of Ottawa Ottawa Health Research Institute, 451 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON, KIH 8M5
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:1960-7. 2007Endothelin-1 (ET-1) and angiotensin II (Ang II) activate common signaling pathways to promote changes in vascular reactivity, remodeling, inflammation, and oxidative stress...
- Prorenin and renin-induced extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 activation in monocytes is not blocked by aliskiren or the handle-region peptideSandra Feldt
Medical Faculty of the Charite, Experimental and Clinical Research Center, Franz Volhard Clinic and HELIOS Klinikum, Berlin Buch, Germany
Hypertension 51:682-8. 2008..U937 cells, we found that both human renin and prorenin induced a long-lasting ERK 1/2 phosphorylation despite angiotensin II type 1 and 2 receptor blockade...
- Structure of human angiotensinogen geneI Gaillard
INSERM U36 Pathologie Vasculaire et Endocrinologie Rénale, Paris, France
DNA 8:87-99. 1989A cDNA clone encoding human angiotensinogen was isolated from a cDNA library prepared from human liver mRNA and used to isolate the angiotensinogen gene...
- Nine polymorphisms of angiotensinogen gene in the susceptibility to essential hypertensionN Sato
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Life Sci 68:259-72. 2000Even if the importance of angiotensinogen (AGT) gene has been known in gene targeting animals and humans genetic studies, its precise mechanism and the interaction among AGT gene variants, plasma AGT concentration and risk for ..
- Homozygosity for angiotensinogen 235T variant increases the risk of myocardial infarction in patients with multi-vessel coronary artery diseaseO Olivieri
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Chair of Internal Medicine, University of Verona, Italy
J Hypertens 19:879-84. 2001Molecular variants of the angiotensinogen (AGT) and the angiotensin II type 1 receptor (ATR) genes have been associated with the risk of coronary artery disease (CAD) and myocardial infarction (MI), but data so far available are ..
- Genetic polymorphisms of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in end-stage renal diseaseE Lovati
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Inselspital, University of Berne, Berne, Switzerland
Kidney Int 60:46-54. 2001..Genes encoding for angiotensinogen (AGT), angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE), and aldosterone synthase (CYP11B2) are candidates for abnormal ..
- Polymorphisms in the angiotensinogen and angiotensin II type 1 receptor gene are related to change in left ventricular mass during antihypertensive treatment: results from the Swedish Irbesartan Left Ventricular Hypertrophy Investigation versus Atenolol (Lisa Kurland
Department of Internal Medicine, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
J Hypertens 20:657-63. 2002..Our aim was to determine if gene polymorphisms in the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) were related to the degree of change in left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) during antihypertensive treatment...
- Associations between angiotensinogen gene variants and left ventricular mass and function in the HyperGEN studyWeihong Tang
Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55454, USA
Am Heart J 143:854-60. 2002The angiotensinogen M235T polymorphism is positively associated with plasma angiotensinogen, hypertension, and coronary heart disease...
- Angiotensinogen genotype, plasma protein and mRNA concentration in isolated systolic hypertensionD Davis
University of Queensland Department of Medicine, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Clin Genet 61:363-8. 2002..The aim of this study was to examine the angiotensinogen gene in ISH...
- Analysis of several hundred genetic polymorphisms may improve assessment of the individual genetic burden for coronary artery diseaseJan R Ortlepp
Medical Clinic I, University Hospital of Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52057, Aachen, Germany
Eur J Intern Med 13:485-492. 2002..An analysis of multiple polymorphisms, some several hundred, each with a small impact, may allow improved assessment of the individual genetic burden for CAD. Larger studies are needed to prove this hypothesis...
- [The relationship between haplotypes of angiotensinogen gene and essential hypertension]Xiangdong Kong
Department of Medical Genetics, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610041 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 19:488-90. 2002To investigate the relationship between the polymorphism of angiotensinogen gene (AGT) and the risk for hypertension in a Chinese population.
- Renin-angiotensin gene polymorphism in children with uremia and essential hypertensionFerenc Papp
Department of Pediatrics, University of Szeged, Koranyi fasor 14 15, 6720 Szeged, Hungary
Pediatr Nephrol 18:150-4. 2003The M235T polymorphism of the angiotensinogen (ANG) gene, the I/D polymorphism of the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) gene, and the A1166C polymorphism of the angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1R) gene were identified in 70 patients ..
- Associations between hypertension and genes in the renin-angiotensin systemXiaofeng Zhu
Department of Preventive Medicine and Epidemiology, Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Ill, USA
Hypertension 41:1027-34. 2003..We genotyped 25 single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the renin-angiotensin system genes ACE, AGT, AGTR1, and REN...
- Interaction between the polymorphisms of the renin-angiotensin system in preeclampsiaIoanna Bouba
Genetics Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical School, University of Ioannina, 45500, Ioannina, Greece
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 110:8-11. 2003..DNA samples were genotyped for the M235T polymorphism of the angiotensinogen gene (AGT), the insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism of the angiotensin-converting enzyme gene (ACE) and the ..
- Renin-angiotensin system gene polymorphisms: assessment of the risk of coronary heart diseaseMonika Buraczynska
Chair and Department of Nephrology, Medical Academy, Lublin, Poland
Kardiol Pol 58:1-9. 2003..Angiotensinconverting enzyme (ACE), angiotensinogen (AGT) and angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1R) gene polymorphisms are considered risk factors in coronary ..
- Implication of an AGT haplotype in a multigene association study with pregnancy hypertensionSebastien Levesque
Unité de Recherche en Génétique Humaine et Moléculaire and Centre for the Development, Evaluation and Rational Implementation of New Diagnostic Tools, and Département de Biologie Médicale, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Hypertension 43:71-8. 2004..Among our candidate polymorphisms, the Met allele of Thr174Met of AGT was associated with preeclampsia (P=0.0033)...
- Impact of renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system gene variants on the severity of hypertension in patients with newly diagnosed hypertensionArmindo D Tiago
Cardiovascular Pathophysiology and Genomics Research Unit, School of Physiology, University of the Witwatersrand, Parktown, Johannesburg, South Africa
Am J Hypertens 16:1006-10. 2003..Previous studies have assessed the relationship between renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) genotype and the severity of hypertension in either treated patients or those who have only recently discontinued treatment...
- Angiotensinogen Met235Thr polymorphism, angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor therapy, and the risk of nonfatal stroke or myocardial infarction in hypertensive patientsJoshua C Bis
Cardiovascular Health Research Unit, Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Am J Hypertens 16:1011-7. 2003The ThrThr genotype of the angiotensinogen (AGT) Met235Thr polymorphism has been associated with elevated AGT levels, hypertension, increased heart disease risk, and improved blood pressure (BP) response to angiotensin-converting enzyme (..
- Angiotensinogen gene polymorphisms: relationship to blood pressure response to antihypertensive treatment. Results from the Swedish Irbesartan Left Ventricular Hypertrophy Investigation vs Atenolol (SILVHIA) trialLisa Kurland
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Am J Hypertens 17:8-13. 2004..Our aim was to determine whether specific single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in RAAS genes were related to the blood pressure (BP) lowering effect of antihypertensive treatment...
- Renin-angiotensin system gene polymorphisms and atrial fibrillationChia Ti Tsai
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Circulation 109:1640-6. 2004..We hypothesized that RAS genes might be among the susceptibility genes of nonfamilial structural AF and conducted a genetic case-control study to demonstrate this...
- [Relationship between six single nucleotide polymorphisms of angiotensinogen gene and essential hypertension]Yan Liu
Department of Cardiology, Rui Jin Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, 200025 PR China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 21:116-9. 2004To evaluate the relationship of six single nucleotide polymorphisms(SNPs) and their haplotypes of angiotensinogen(AGT) gene to essential hypertension(EH) in Chinese Han population.
- [Association of angiotensinogen gene M235T variant with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy]Si yu Cai
Department of Cardiology, Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, 310009 PR China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 21:280-2. 2004To evaluate the influence of the angiotensinogen(AGT) gene M235T variant on the prevalence and severity of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy(HCM).
- Association between the eNOS (Glu298Asp) and the RAS genes polymorphisms and premature coronary artery disease in a Turkish populationAfig Berdeli
Ege University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pediatri, Izmir, Turkey
Clin Chim Acta 351:87-94. 2005..Our objective was to investigate the association between the polymorphisms of eNOS (Glu298Asp) and the RAS genes and premature CAD in a Turkish population...
- Angiotensinogen M235T polymorphism is associated with coronary artery disease severityJose R Lanz
Laboratory of Genetics and Molecular Cardiology and Hemodynamics Laboratory, Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Brazil
Clin Chim Acta 362:176-81. 2005..The aim of the present study is to determine if there is an association between the M235T variant of the angiotensinogen gene and severity of coronary artery disease in patients with clinically suspected disease undergoing ..
- Genotypic interactions of renin-angiotensin system genes in myocardial infarctionMessias Antônio Araújo
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical School, Federal University of Uberlandia, Brazil
Int J Cardiol 103:27-32. 2005..We hypothesized that all types of gene-to-gene associations may occur in AMI, but that some will have a higher risk, depending on the gene frequencies...
- Genetic variation of the renin-angiotensin system and chronic kidney disease progression in black individuals in the atherosclerosis risk in communities studyCharles Chia Chuen Hsu
Department of Epidemiology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:504-12. 2006..The angiotensinogen (AGT) promoter G(-6) allele lowers transcription and is inversely associated with hypertension...
- Association between angiotensinogen, angiotensin II receptor genes, and blood pressure response to an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitorXiaowen Su
Medical Genetics Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8700 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Circulation 115:725-32. 2007..response to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs), single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the angiotensinogen (AGT), angiotensin receptor 1 (AGTR1), and angiotensin receptor 2 (AGTR2) genes were evaluated for their ..
- Renal function dependent association of AGTR1 polymorphism (A1166C) and electrocardiographic left-ventricular hypertrophyTom D J Smilde
Thorax Center, Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Am J Hypertens 20:1097-103. 2007..We studied whether renal function modulates the association between RAS polymorphisms and LVH in a cross-sectional study of 8592 inhabitants of Groningen...
- Meta-analysis of the association of 4 angiotensinogen polymorphisms with essential hypertension: a role beyond M235T?Tiago Veiga Pereira
Heart Institute InCor, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hypertension 51:778-83. 2008b>Angiotensinogen (AGT) gene polymorphisms have been linked to increased risk of hypertension, but the data remain controversial...
- Genetic analysis of the angiotensinogen gene in pre-eclampsia: study of german women and review of the literatureElke Knyrim
Institute of Human Genetics, University Hospital of Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Gynecol Obstet Invest 66:203-8. 2008To evaluate the influence of the angiotensinogen (AGT) gene on the individual predisposition to pre-eclampsia, we screened the AGT gene for pathogenic mutations and an association of identified polymorphisms in German women with pre-..
- The M235T variant of the angiotensinogen gene is related to development of self-reported hypertension during pregnancy: the Prospect-EPIC cohort studyMohammad Hadi Zafarmand
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, Str 6 131, 3584 CX, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Hypertens Res 31:1299-305. 2008b>Angiotensinogen gene (AGT) M235T polymorphism is associated with an increased risk of hypertension. It is unknown whether this mutation also leads to an increased risk of development of high blood pressure (BP) in pregnancy...
- A propensity score-based case-control study of renin-angiotensin system gene polymorphisms and diastolic heart failureCho Kai Wu
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University College of Medicine and Hospital Yun Lin Branch, Taiwan
Atherosclerosis 205:497-502. 2009..gene insertion/deletion polymorphism; the T174M, M235T, G-6A, A-20C, G-152A and G-217A polymorphisms of the angiotensinogen (AGT) gene; and the A1166C polymorphisms of the angiotensin II type I receptor (AT1R) gene...
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase and angiotensinogen gene polymorphism in coronary artery diseases in EgyptTarek Motawi
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Egypt
Angiology 62:191-7. 2011..healthy individuals to assess the association of endothelial nitric oxide (eNOS) polymorphism (Glu298Asp) and angiotensinogen polymorphisms (M235T) and CAD in an Egyptian population...
- Transgenic mice with -6A haplotype of the human angiotensinogen gene have increased blood pressure compared with -6G haplotypeSudhir Jain
Department of Pathology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
J Biol Chem 285:41172-86. 2010Hypertension is a serious risk factor for cardiovascular disease, and the angiotensinogen (AGT) gene locus is associated with human essential hypertension...
- Molecular recognition and regulation of human angiotensin-I converting enzyme (ACE) activity by natural inhibitory peptidesGeoffrey Masuyer
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath, UK
Sci Rep 2:717. 2012..ACE is primarily known for its ability to cleave angiotensin I (Ang I) to the vasoactive octapeptide angiotensin II (Ang II), but is also able to cleave a number of other substrates including the vasodilator bradykinin and N-..
- Role of N-glycosylation in human angiotensinogenA P Gimenez-Roqueplo
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U 36, College de France, 3 Rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 273:21232-8. 1998Human angiotensinogen, the specific substrate of renin, is a heterogeneous glycoprotein constitutively secreted by the liver. Different glycosylation levels may be responsible for its heterogeneity...
- Angiotensinogen M235T and chymase gene CMA/B polymorphisms are not associated with nephropathy in type II diabetesM J Zychma
Department and Clinic of Internal Medicine and Diabetology, Silesian School of Medicine, Zabrze, Poland
Nephrol Dial Transplant 15:1965-70. 2000..This study examines a possible association between angiotensinogen M235T and chymase gene CMA/B polymorphisms with the presence of nephropathy in type II diabetic Caucasians.
- Robert D Roghair; Fiscal Year: 2014..The stress-evoked hypertension was associated with hypothalamic activation and was abolished by central angiotensin II receptor blockade...
- Role of the Renin-Angiotensin system in placental insufficiencyEugenia Mata-Greenwood; Fiscal Year: 2013..of placental insufficiency present uteroplacental and maternal RAS dysregulation, characterized by higher Angiotensin II, Angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) and Angiotensin II receptor 1 (AGTR1) expression...
- Tahir Hussain; Fiscal Year: 2016..The long-term goal of this proposal is to evaluate a physiological and therapeutic role for the renal angiotensin II (Ang II) AT2 receptors in improving renal/cardiovascular function and treating hypertension associated with ..
- Vitamin D Deficiency Augments Renin-Angiotensin System Activity in ObesityAnand Vaidya; Fiscal Year: 2011..have shown that endogenous RAS activity in obesity can be quantified using the vascular response to exogenous angiotensin II (AngII) infusion...
- Pharmacologic Interventions for Cardiovascular Disease in Obstructive Sleep ApneaBarbara J Morgan; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed research will investigate, in humans and rats, whether inhibition of XO and angiotensin II can decrease negative chemoreflex, sympathetic and vascular effects of OSA...
- JAMES MATTHEW LUTHER; Fiscal Year: 2016..Angiotensin I converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors or angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) reduce blood pressure and cardiovascular mortality...
- Discovery metabolite profiling of the prolyl peptidasesAlan Saghatelian; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, the application of DMP to peptidases will demonstrate the generality of this approach for the future characterization of medically relevant enzymes and signaling pathways. ..
- Role of angiotensin II receptor signaling pathways in body fluid homeostasisDerek Daniels; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Angiotensin II (AngII), the bioactive product of the renin-angiotensin system, is an important component of these actions, ..
- ROCHELLE NELSON; Fiscal Year: 2016..PLD2 has been proposed by my sponsor's lab to regulate endocytosis and signaling efficiency of the Angiotensin II receptor, and a PLD2 polymorphism in humans correlates with decreases in blood pressure...
- Central Angiotensin receptors and teh neural control of homeostasisERIC GERALD KRAUSE; Fiscal Year: 2013..The effector peptide ofthe RAS, angiotensin II (ANGII), exerts the majority of its biological effects via activation of angiotensin type 1 receptors (AT1R)...
- Mohammad Asghar; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Renal dopamine D1 and angiotensin II AT1 receptors by regulating proximal tubular sodium transporters maintain sodium homeostasis and blood pressure...
- NAHID JAMAL RIANON; Fiscal Year: 2014..ACEI prevents generation of angiotensin II, which impacts bone via receptors AT1 and AT2...
- Markers of Renal Damage in Renovascular HypertensionJuan C Romero; Fiscal Year: 2011..It is also assumes that anti-hypertensives that suppress the production of angiotensin II or oxidative stress will be more effective in reversal of renal function to normal than non-specific ..
- AT1R-regulated nuclear functions of Gb2Sadashiva S Karnik; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Angiotensin II (AngII) is the classical mediator of the effects of the renin- angiotensin system on the cardiovascular ..
- JAMES RUSSELL SOWERS; Fiscal Year: 2015..There is emerging evidence that over-nutrition and angiotensin II (ANG II) may promote INS resistance through the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR)/S6 kinase 1 (S6K1) ..
- Balance of Angiotensin II/Angiotensin (1-1): A Target in Ischemic StrokeYanfang Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..To test this hypothesis, there transgenic mice models, R+A+ (renin and angiotensinogen over-expression), ACE2+ (ACE2 over-expressed in the brain) and R+A+ACE2+ (ACE2 over-expressed in the brain of ..
- Intrarenal Angiotensin II generation during Angiotensin II-induced hypertensionROMER ANDRES GONZALEZ-VILLALOBOS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Previous studies by the applicant demonstrate that the kidneys from Ang II-infused mice display an augmented angiotensinogen expression and persistence of renin and angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) activities that suggest the ..
- John P Forman; Fiscal Year: 2015..will be the activation state of the renin angiotensin system, as determined by the plasma renin activity, angiotensin II concentration, and the renal plasma flow response to infused angiotensin II with individuals in high-sodium ..
- Low birth weight, the kidney, and hypertensionBarbara T Alexander; Fiscal Year: 2013..ET can increase responsiveness to angiotensin II (ANG II);preliminary data suggest responsiveness to ANG II is increased in male IUGR and OVX female IUGR...
- ANNETTE DIANE DE KLOET; Fiscal Year: 2014..This is of particular relevance to public health because uncovering the mechanisms of Ang-II regulation of inflammation and cardiovascular function may lead to new strategies for the treatment and prevention of hypertension. ..
- Vascular ANGII/Jak2 in progression of renal diseasePeter P Sayeski; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): It is well known that inappropriate angiotensin II (ANGII) activation plays a primary pathogenic role in the progression of chronic kidney disease (CKD), irrespective of the initiating cause...
- ERIC D LAZARTIGUES; Fiscal Year: 2016..If confirmed, ACE2 could become a new target for the treatment of Hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Renal AT2 Receptors in HypertensionROBERT MUNSON CAREY; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Angiotensin II (Ang II), the main effector peptide of the RAS, acts at two major receptors, AT1 and AT2...
- Steven D Crowley; Fiscal Year: 2016..Clinical trials with RAS inhibitors suggest angiotensin II (Ang II) may promote renal injury through blood pressure- independent effects...
- Vascular Angiotensin Type-2 Receptor in Normal and Hypertensive PregnancyRaouf A Khalil; Fiscal Year: 2010Upregulation of the renin-angiotensin system and increased vasoconstrictive response to angiotensin II (AngII) are observed during hypertension in pregnancy (HTN-Preg) and preeclampsia...
- Michal Laniado Schwartzman; Fiscal Year: 2015..Project 2 examines the role of K+ intake and angiotensin II in regulating the inhibitory effect of CYP2C44-dependent EETs on sodium transport (epithelial Na+ channel) in ..
- Lisa A Cassis; Fiscal Year: 2016..b>Angiotensinogen (AGT), angiotensin type 1a receptors (AT1aR), and ACE2 are three components of the RAS that were regulated ..
- Intrarenal Angiotensin II generation during Angiotensin II-induced hypertensionROMER ANDRES GONZALEZ VILLALOBOS; Fiscal Year: 2010..that chronic Ang II infusions in mice cause increases in blood pressure that are associated with augmented angiotensinogen expression and the persistence of renin activity in the kidneys as well as high intrarenal Ang II content...
- Molecular Mechanism of PGE2 Receptor Pressor EffectsRichard M Breyer; Fiscal Year: 2011..We will determine the mechanism by which angiotensin II interacts with EP1 activation...
- Mechanisms of action of angiotensin-II on C1 neurons.Seth D DePuy; Fiscal Year: 2010..6% of the population. The research proposed herein will serve to advance our understanding of the specific mechanisms involved in the development and maintenance of this disease. ..
- Brain specific non-AT1, non-AT2 angiotensin binding siteROBERT CHARLES SPETH; Fiscal Year: 2010..With the recognition of functionality of peptide fragments of angiotensin II some having their own receptors, it is now known that brain angiotensins have a multitude of functions ..
- Brain Delivery of Nanoformulated Superoxide DismutaseErin G Rosenbaugh; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Angiotensin II (AngII), the primary effectors peptide of the renin-angiotensin system, plays a critical role in ..
- Noreen F Rossi; Fiscal Year: 2016..Surgical intervention and inhibition of angiotensin II carry substantial risk. Thus, it is important to seek alternative or adjunctive strategies...
- Associations among RAAS Inhibitors, Residual Kidney Function, and CV Events in PDJenny I Shen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Further, the size of the database will allow us to study relevant patient subgroups. ..
- Risk factor-enhanced microvascular responses to ischemia-reperfusion.D Neil Granger; Fiscal Year: 2013..from ischemia-reperfusion is increased in the presence of cardiovascular risk factors (HCh and/or HTN) due to angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1r)-mediated release of cytokines from circulating immune cells...
- Improving Methods for Comparative Effectiveness Research in Cardiovascular CareSOKO SETOGUCHI-IWATA; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) after myocardial infarction, 2) atorvastatin vs...
- Safety and Effectiveness Evaluations for Kidney Disease in Complex PatientsDONALD READ MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2010..classes or groups of medications recommended for treating CKD: angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors, angiotensin II receptor blockers, and HMGcoA reductase inhibitors (statins)...
- Mark W Chapleau; Fiscal Year: 2015..whether selective overexpression of RAMP1 in the nervous system improves autonomic regulation and attenuates angiotensin II (Ang-II) and phenylephrine-induced hypertension, and conversely if deletion of nervous system RAMP1 impairs ..
- Central actions of angiotensin II in the control of fluid balanceDaniel K Yee; Fiscal Year: 2013..The active component of the RAS, the peptide hormone angiotensin II (AngII), is an important regulator of cardiovascular and body fluid homeostasis...
- JAMES RUSSELL SOWERS; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our recent work indicates that S6K1 is activated by angiotensin II (Ang II) and aldosterone in CV tissue leading to diminished INS metabolic signaling and biological ..
- Roles of oxidation and inflammation in aortic stiffeningDavid G Harrison; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose that RAG-1-/- and IL-17-/- mice will not develop arterial stiffening during angiotensin II infusion, but that adoptive transfer of T cells will promote arterial stiffening in these animals...
- Molecular Basis of Ang II Receptor FunctionsSadashiva S Karnik; Fiscal Year: 2013..by applicant): The long-term goal of our research program is to elucidate the structure-function basis of angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1R)...
- Donald D Heistad; Fiscal Year: 2015..a delicate balance between pathways which promote oxidative stress and inflammation, through stressors such as angiotensin II and hypercholesterolemia, and pathways which are protective by promoting an antioxidant and antiinflammatory ..
- CELSO ENRIQUE GOMEZ-SANCHEZ; Fiscal Year: 2016..it is most highly expressed in the zona glomerulosa of the rat adrenal and is upregulated by incubation with angiotensin II. Overexpression of mir21 in H295R cells enhances aldosterone synthesis in response to angiotensin II, ..
- Jerry H Gurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2014..dyad group;and (3) to assess the clinical effectiveness and safety associated with the use of ACE inhibitors/angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) and aldosterone antagonists for patients in the HF-chronic kidney disease dyad group...
- Utpal Sen; Fiscal Year: 2015..Both angiotensin II (Ang II) and Hcy decrease blood flow;however, the role of Hcy in Ang II mediated decrease in blood flow and ..
- Neural Control of the Circulation: Sex and HypertensionBaojian Xue; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent findings from our laboratory indicate that infusions of low doses of angiotensin II or of aldosterone into mice and rats produce markedly greater hypertension in males than in females...
- Central Cardiovascular Regulation and Proangiotensin-12Hreday N Sapru; Fiscal Year: 2013..The significance of the proposed studies is high considering that over 61 million Americans suffer from some type of cardiovascular disease which is the leading cause of death in this country. ..
- Blood Pressure -- Determinants &ControllersAllen W Cowley; Fiscal Year: 2012..of saltinduced hypertension an inflammatory process is initiated by infiltrating macrophages that produces angiotensin II (ANGII) that stimulates the production of ROS thereby increasing the severity of hypertension and renal injury...
- Early Life Stress &Chronic Control of Blood PressureAnalia Loria; Fiscal Year: 2013..These data suggest increased sympathetic activation in MS rats. In contrast, the acute pressor response to angiotensin II (AngII) is comparable between MS and control rats whereas MS rats show exaggerated chronic AngII-induced ..
- Analia Loria; Fiscal Year: 2015..These data suggest increased sympathetic activation in MS rats. In contrast, the acute pressor response to angiotensin II (AngII) is comparable between MS and control rats whereas MS rats show exaggerated chronic AngII-induced ..
- HUA LINDA CAI; Fiscal Year: 2016..Three hypotheses will be addressed: 1) Angiotensin II (Ang II) infusion of eNOS pre-uncoupled mice (hph-1) induces severe AAA;2) Ang II and uncoupled eNOS ..
- HIGH SALT DIET, ANGIOTENSIN II, AND MICROVESSEL DILATIONJulian H Lombard; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Angiotensin II (ANG II) suppression in response to HS diet is a crucial factor contributing to impaired vascular relaxation, ..
- Babbette LaMarca; Fiscal Year: 2016..have elevated circulating cytokines, neutrophils and lymphocytes producing an agonistic autoantibody to the angiotensin II type I receptor (AT1-AA)...
- Robert S Hoover; Fiscal Year: 2015..Aim 3 will determine the underlying molecular mechanisms mediating hormonal regulation of NCC by Angiotensin II. The roles of each of these kinase pathways will be examined with a particular emphasis on WNKs...
- Stress-induced hypertension and the role of the neuroimmune systemPAUL MARVAR; Fiscal Year: 2012..us to specifically identify CRH producing cells in the BNST as well as the ability to delete genes such as angiotensinogen in CRH producing neurons...
- The role of T lymphocytes in mediating hypertension during pregnancyKedra L Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2013..have elevated circulating cytokines, neutrophils and lymphocytes producing an agonistic autoantibody to the angiotensin II type I receptor (AT1-AA)...
- Central AT1 receptors and the integrated stress response.ERIC GERALD KRAUSE; Fiscal Year: 2010..The effector peptide of the RAS, angiotensin II (ANGII), exerts the majority of its biological effects via activation of angiotensin type 1 receptors (ATI R)...
- Wendy B Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2016..on aldosterone levels and aldosterone synthase (CYP11B2) expression in the adrenal basally and upon chronic angiotensin II infusion or with diet-induced obesity...
- Regulation of Rho Signaling by S-NitrosothiolsA Richard Whorton; Fiscal Year: 2012..The Rho pathway is activated by vasoactive agonist including angiotensin II, endothelin I, thrombin, thromboxane A2, etc...
- Robin L Davisson; Fiscal Year: 2014..is compelling evidence that essential HTN is characterized by neurohumoral dysfunction, and inappropriate angiotensin II (AngII) signaling in the central nervous system (CNS) is a primary culprit...
- Teresa A Milner; Fiscal Year: 2014..data indicate that a comparable susceptibility to hypertension can be observed following slow pressor angiotensin II (AngII) infusion in a menopausal mouse model...
- Role of Redox-Mediated Activation of NFkappaB and AP-1 in Neurogenic HypertensionRobin L Davisson; Fiscal Year: 2010..cardiovascular nuclei of mice with Ang-ll slow-pressor, renovascular (2K1C) and life-long (human renin/human angiotensinogen) hypertension;Aim 2) Dissect the role of superoxide and H2O2 in Ang-ll-stimulated induction of NFkappaB and ..
- Genetics of Angiotensinogen-Mediated Hypertension: Stage, Background & GenderDonald E Kohan; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Common genetic variation in the angiotensinogen (AGT) gene predisposes to essential hypertension (EH) and increased plasma AGT in humans...
- Carlos M Ferrario; Fiscal Year: 2016..an alternate precursor of angiotensin peptides in the heart and that its regulation and expression from angiotensinogen critically influences the cellular actions of the cardiac RAS: Proiect 2 investigates the hypothesis that Ang-..
- Jane F Reckelhoff; Fiscal Year: 2015..In preliminary studies, enalapril decreases BP more in HAF rats than in controls, and angiotensinogen is increased, suggesting that the RAS is upregulated and in part mediates their HT...
- Adipocyte Renin-Angiotensin System and Programming of HypertensionMina Desai; Fiscal Year: 2010..In particular, studies have shown that adipose-derived angiotensinogen (AGT) can contribute to approximately 20% of plasma AGT concentrations and modulate blood pressure...
- Mechanical Signaling Mechanisms in Cardiac TissueDavid E Dostal; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Angiotensinogen (Ao) and other components of the local cardiac renin-angiotensin system (RAS) are upregulated in the hemodynamically overloaded heart...
- SIGNIFICANCE OF ANGIOTENSINOGEN VARIANTS IN HYPERTENSIONCURT DANIEL SIGMUND; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Angiotensinogen (AGT), the initiating substrate of the system has been genetically linked to hypertension...
- Janos Peti-Peterdi; Fiscal Year: 2016..research is the discovery of the (pro)renin receptor [(P)RR] challenging the existing simplistic RAS model (angiotensinogen, renin, converting enzyme, angiotensin (Ang) peptides and receptors)...
- Transcriptional Regulation of Angiotensinogen GeneAshok Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2013..Previous studies have suggested that: (a) angiotensinogen (AGT) gene locus is associated with human essential hypertension, (b) variant -6A of the AGT gene is ..
- ERIC PHIN COHEN; Fiscal Year: 2016..2. To test the mechanism of mitigation of radiation lung injury by enalapril. a. Angiotensinogen, plasma renin activity, and angiotensin II will be measured as renin-angiotensin system markers in all ..
- Receptor-mediated actions of renin in kidney fibrosisYufeng Huang; Fiscal Year: 2012..The specific hypothesis is that renin, in addition to its role to convert angiotensinogen to Ang I, has novel receptor- mediated actions that could play a role in renal fibrosis...
- Potential of Urinary AGT as a Novel Biomarker for Intrarenal RAS Activity in T1DMLUIS GABRIEL NAVAR; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Angiotensinogen (AGT) is the only known substrate for renin, which is the rate-limiting enzyme of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS)...
- Ashok Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2014..b>Angiotensinogen (AGT) gene locus is associated with human essential hypertension and its expression is increased by ..
- ANGIOTENSIN II & HYPERTENSIONKevin Lynch; Fiscal Year: 1990The ability of the brain to synthesize angiotensinogen, angiotensin I and angiotensin II is now well established and it is widely accepted that angiotensin I and II produced by the brain itself can affect neuronal activity, autonomic ..
- INTRARENAL ANGIOTENSINOGEN: LOCALIZATION & REGULATIONJulie Ingelfinger; Fiscal Year: 1990..The recent documentation of angiotensinogen mRNA in rat and mouse kidney provides strong evidence for the presence of an independent local RAS...
- ROLE OF RENIN-ANGIOTENSIN SYSTEM IN HYPERTENSIONAshok Kumar; Fiscal Year: 1991..most active pressor substance known, is synthesized by the proteolytic cleavage of its precursor molecule, angiotensinogen. Understanding the regulation of angiotensinogen synthesis is of vital importance as the renin - angiotensin ..
- Peter G Smith; Fiscal Year: 2016..In Aim 2, we test the hypothesis that activation of the angiotensin II receptor type 2 (AT2) mediates hyperinnervation and hypersensitivity in VVS...
- ANGIOTENSIN II IN ENDOCRINE ORGANSChristian Deschepper; Fiscal Year: 1991..Its generation in the blood involves a cascade in which the kidney enzyme renin cleaves angiotensinogen (secreted by the liver) into angiotensin I (AI). Converting enzyme then converts AI and AII...
- ANGIOTENSINOGEN VARIANTS AND ADVERSE PREGNANCY OUTCOMESKenneth Ward; Fiscal Year: 2002..Molecular variants of the angiotensinogen gene, which increase angiotensinogen expression in certain local systems, predispose women to develop ..
- NEURAL AND HUMORAL CONTROL OF ENDOCRINE FUNCTIONIan Reid; Fiscal Year: 1992..II, with particular emphasis on hypothalamic control of renin secretion and neuroendocrine control of angiotensinogen secretion. The second project (P.I.: I.A...
- The Angiotensinogen Gene and Human HypertensionLynn Jorde; Fiscal Year: 2006..Many, but not all, studies have shown that variants of the angiotensinogen gene (AGT) affect the risk of hypertension, but association studies conducted to date have been compromised ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF RADIATION-INDUCED KIDNEY INJURYMichael Robbins; Fiscal Year: 2004..PAI-1), tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2 (TIMP-2) matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2), TGF-B and angiotensinogen (AGT, precursor of Ang II)...
- ADIPOSE ANGIOTENSIONOGEN-ANGIOTENSIN SYSTEMLisa Cassis; Fiscal Year: 1993b>Angiotensinogen is the only known precursor to the angiotensin peptides, which are important regulators in the control of blood pressure...
- REGULATION OF CARDIAC SECOND MESSENGERS BY ANGIOTENSINKenneth Baker; Fiscal Year: 1993..and congestive heart failure, inhibition of angiotensin converting enzyme results in decreased levels of angiotensin II and provides beneficial clinical effects...
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockade and Adipose Tissue Inflammation in ObesityKevin Davy; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition to its vasoconstricting and sodium retaining actions, angiotensin II also has potent pro-inflammatory actions including macrophage infiltration and expression of proinflammatory ..
- Dysregulation of AT, receptor in Transgenic RatsMICHELLE CLARK; Fiscal Year: 2004..S. Angiotensin II is a biologically active substance that triggers a myriad of responses in the body that may lead to ..