Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: adrenomedullin
Alias: PAMP, ADM, preproadrenomedullin, proadrenomedullin N-20 terminal peptide
Publications277 found, 100 shown here
- Microsatellite DNA polymorphism of human adrenomedullin gene in type 2 diabetic patients with renal failureToshihiko Ishimitsu
Department of Hypertension and Cardiorenal Medicine, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Mibu, Tochigi, Japan
Kidney Int 63:2230-5. 2003b>Adrenomedullin (AM) is a hypotensive peptide widely produced in the cardiovascular organs and tissues such as the heart, kidney, and the vascular cells...
- Adrenomedullin, Bcl-2 and microvessel density in normal, hyperplastic and neoplastic endometriumOsamu Nunobiki
Department of Medical Technology, Kobe Tokiwa University, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
Pathol Int 59:530-6. 2009b>Adrenomedullin (ADM) is a multifunctional 52-amino acid peptide involved in numerous physiological and pathological processes, including angiogenesis, growth regulation, differentiation, and vasodilation...
- Adrenomedullin in human brain, adrenal glands and tumor tissues of pheochromocytoma, ganglioneuroblastoma and neuroblastomaF Satoh
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 80:1750-2. 1995b>Adrenomedullin is a potent vasodilator peptide that was isolated from human pheochromocytoma. But the presence of adrenomedullin in the brain has not been clarified...
- Adrenomedullin: a novel hypotensive peptide isolated from human pheochromocytomaK Kitamura
Department of First Internal Medicine, Miyazaki Medical College, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 192:553-60. 1993..normal adrenal medulla as well as in pheochromocytoma tissue arising from adrenal medulla, it was designated "adrenomedullin"...
- RAMPs regulate the transport and ligand specificity of the calcitonin-receptor-like receptorL M McLatchie
Receptor Systems and Cell Biology Units, Glaxo Wellcome Medicines Research Centre, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK
Nature 393:333-9. 1998Calcitonin-gene-related peptide (CGRP) and adrenomedullin are related peptides with distinct pharmacological profiles...
- Visualization of the calcitonin receptor-like receptor and its receptor activity-modifying proteins during internalization and recyclingK Kuwasako
First Department of Internal Medicine, Miyazaki Medical College, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:29602-9. 2000..modifying proteins (RAMPs) can produce calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) receptors (CRLR/RAMP1) and adrenomedullin (AM) receptors (CRLR/RAMP2 or -3)...
- Complement factor H is a serum-binding protein for adrenomedullin, and the resulting complex modulates the bioactivities of both partnersR Pio
Department of Cell and Cancer Biology, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 276:12292-300. 2001b>Adrenomedullin (AM) is an important regulatory peptide involved in both physiological and pathological states. We have previously demonstrated the existence of a specific AM-binding protein (AMBP-1) in human plasma...
- The effects of adrenomedullin overexpression in breast tumor cellsAlfredo Martinez
Cell and Cancer Biology Branch and Vascular Biology Faculty, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 94:1226-37. 2002b>Adrenomedullin is a secreted peptide hormone with multiple activities. Several reports have indicated that adrenomedullin may be involved in tumor survival, but this has not been directly shown...
- Mature form of adrenomedullin is a useful marker to evaluate blood volume in hemodialysis patientsKoichi Kanozawa
Department of Internal Medicine, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical School, Kawagoe, Saitama, Japan
Am J Kidney Dis 40:794-801. 2002We investigated the pathophysiological significance of the mature form of adrenomedullin (AM) in hemodialysis (HD) patients...
- Elevated immunoreactive-adrenomedullin levels in the aqueous humor of patients with uveitis and vitreoretinal disordersTetsuo Udono
Department of Ophthalmology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Aoba ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980 8574, Japan
Peptides 23:1865-8. 2002To clarify possible involvement of adrenomedullin in the pathophysiology of inflammation of eyes, we measured immunoreactive-adrenomedullin concentrations in the aqueous humor and plasma obtained from 14 control subjects and 56 patients ..
- Adrenomedullin provokes endothelial Akt activation and promotes vascular regeneration both in vitro and in vivoKazutoshi Miyashita
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 54 Shogoin Kawahara cho Sakyo ku, Japan
FEBS Lett 544:86-92. 2003We previously reported that adrenomedullin (AM), a vasodilating hormone secreted from blood vessels, promotes proliferation and migration of human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs)...
- Adrenomedullin gene delivery attenuates myocardial infarction and apoptosis after ischemia and reperfusionKazuo Kato
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425 2211, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 285:H1506-14. 2003b>Adrenomedullin (AM) has been shown to protect against cardiac remodeling. In this study, we investigated the potential role of AM in myocardial ischemia-reperfusion (I/R) injury through adenovirus-mediated gene delivery...
- Angiogenic effects of adrenomedullin in ischemia and tumor growthSatoshi Iimuro
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Circ Res 95:415-23. 2004b>Adrenomedullin (AM) is a novel vasodilating peptide involved in the regulation of circulatory homeostasis and implicated in the pathophysiology of cardiovascular disease...
- Adrenomedullin signals through NF-kappaB in epithelial cellsOlga Pleguezuelos
Molecular Signalling Group, Clinical and Diagnostic Oral Sciences, Barts and The London, Queen Mary University of London, 2 Newark Street, London E1 2AD, UK
FEBS Lett 577:249-54. 2004b>Adrenomedullin is a peptide found in a variety of cells and tissues and involved in a multitude of biological processes...
- Cardiac adrenomedullin: its role in cardiac hypertrophy and heart failureToshio Nishikimi
Department of Hypertension and Cardiorenal Medicine, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Mibu, Tochigi, Japan
Curr Med Chem Cardiovasc Hematol Agents 3:231-42. 2005Co-localization of adrenomedullin (AM) and its receptor components such as calcitonin receptor like receptor (CRLR), receptor activity modifying protein (RAMP)2 and RAMP3 in peripheral tissues, including the heart, kidney, and vasculature,..
- Identification and localization of adrenomedullin-storing cardiac mast cellsAnna S Belloni
Department of Human Anatomy and Physiology, Section of Anatomy, School of Medicine, University of Padua, I 35121 Padua, Italy
Int J Mol Med 17:709-13. 2006b>Adrenomedullin (AM), a potent vasodilatory hypotensive peptide, is expressed in the heart, where it is known to play a protective action...
- A critical role for adrenomedullin-calcitonin receptor-like receptor in regulating rheumatoid fibroblast-like synoviocyte apoptosisBenjamin Uzan
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 606, IFR 139, Centre Viggo Petersen, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, F 75010 Paris, France
J Immunol 176:5548-58. 2006..In this study, we show that adrenomedullin (ADM), an antiapoptotic peptide, is constitutively secreted in larger amounts by FLS from joints with RA (RA-..
- Adrenomedullin is induced by hypoxia and enhances pancreatic cancer cell invasionShereen Keleg
Department of General Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 121:21-32. 2007b>Adrenomedullin (ADM) is synthesized by different types of cells and acts by binding calcitonin receptor-like receptor (CRLR) and members of the receptor activity-modifying protein (RAMP) family...
- The relationship between adrenomedullin, metabolic factors, and vascular function in individuals with type 2 diabetesSu Chi Lim
Department of Medicine, Alexandra Hospital, Singapore, Republic of Singapore
Diabetes Care 30:1513-9. 2007..Several vasoactive factors (e.g., angiotensin) have been implicated. We hypothesize that adrenomedullin, a novel vascoactive factor, is deranged in subjects with type 2 diabetes.
- Adrenomedullin is anti-apoptotic in osteoblasts through CGRP1 receptors and MEK-ERK pathwayBenjamin Uzan
U 606 INSERM Hôpital Lariboisière, Paris, France
J Cell Physiol 215:122-8. 2008b>Adrenomedullin (ADM) has been shown to mediate multifunctional responses in cell culture and animal system such as regulation of growth and apoptosis...
- Circulating precursor levels of endothelin-1 and adrenomedullin, two endothelium-derived, counteracting substances, in sepsisPhilipp Schuetz
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Endothelium 14:345-51. 2007Plasma levels of endothelin-1 (ET-1) and adrenomedullin (ADM), two opposingly acting peptides, correlate with mortality in endotoxemia, but their measurement is cumbersome...
- Adrenomedullin stimulates angiogenic response in cultured human vascular endothelial cells: involvement of the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2Diego Guidolin
Department of Human Anatomy and Physiology Anatomy Section, University of Padova Medical School, Via Gabelli, 65, I 35121 Padova, Italy
Peptides 29:2013-23. 2008..b>Adrenomedullin (AM), one such factor, was previously shown to exert a clearcut proangiogenic effect in vitro when tested on ..
- Endothelial markers may link kidney function to cardiovascular events in type 2 diabetesChristina Maier
Department of Endocrinology, Medical University Hospital Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Diabetes Care 32:1890-5. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the role of stable fragments of the precursors of adrenomedullin, endothelin-1, vasopressin, and atrial natriuretic peptide in progression of cardiovascular disease in ..
- Angiogenic roles of adrenomedullin through vascular endothelial growth factor inductionTakakuni Maki
Departments of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Neuroreport 22:442-7. 2011Recently, we have reported that a vasoactive peptide adrenomedullin promotes angio/arteriogenesis and prevents cognitive decline after chronic cerebral hypoperfusion in mice...
- Plasma adrenomedullin level is related to a single nucleotide polymorphism in the adrenomedullin geneBernard M Y Cheung
Department of Medicine, Research Centre of Heart, Brain, Hormone and Healthy Aging, School of Public Health, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Eur J Endocrinol 165:571-7. 2011b>Adrenomedullin (ADM) plays an important role in inflammation and is a marker of future cardiovascular events...
- Tumor-associated macrophages promote angiogenesis and melanoma growth via adrenomedullin in a paracrine and autocrine mannerPeiwen Chen
National Engineering Laboratory for Anti tumor Protein Therapeutics, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Clin Cancer Res 17:7230-9. 2011..However, the mechanisms by which TAMs modulate melanoma growth are still poorly understood. This study was aimed at examining the function and mechanism of TAM-derived adrenomedullin (ADM) in angiogenesis and melanoma growth.
- Adrenomedullin is an autocrine regulator of endothelial growth in human endometriumL L Nikitenko
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
Mol Hum Reprod 6:811-9. 2000..b>Adrenomedullin is a multifunctional 52-amino acid peptide involved in numerous physiological and pathological processes, ..
- Adrenomedullin and proadrenomudullin N-terminal 20 peptide (PAMP) are present in human colonic epithelia and exert an antimicrobial effectK Marutsuka
First Department of Pathology, Miyazaki Medical College, Miyazaki, Japan
Exp Physiol 86:543-5. 2001The hypotensive and vasorelaxing peptides adrenomedullin (AM) and its gene-related peptide, proadrenomedullin N-terminal 20 peptide (PAMP), were found to be distributed on the surface of the colonic mucosa...
- Adrenomedullin functions as an important tumor survival factor in human carcinogenesisFrank Cuttitta
Cell and Cancer Biology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Microsc Res Tech 57:110-9. 2002b>Adrenomedullin (AM) is a pluripotent regulatory peptide initially isolated from a human pheochromocytoma (adrenal tumor) and subsequently shown to play a critical role in cancer cell division, tumor neovascularization, and circumvention ..
- Tissue and plasma expression of the angiogenic peptide adrenomedullin in breast cancerM K Oehler
Molecular Angiogenesis Laboratory, Cancer Research UK, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 9DS, UK
Br J Cancer 89:1927-33. 2003b>Adrenomedullin (ADM) is an angiogenic factor that has also been shown to be a mitogen and a hypoxia survival factor for tumour cells...
- Adrenomedullin in the kidney-renal physiological and pathophysiological rolesToshio Nishikimi
Department of Hypertension and Cardiorenal Medicine, Dokkyo Medical University, Mibu, Tochigi, 321 0293 Japan
Curr Med Chem 14:1689-99. 2007b>Adrenomedullin (AM) is a potent vasodilatory peptide originally discovered in human pheochromocytoma tissue. AM and AM gene expression are widely distributed in the cardiovascular system, including the kidney...
- Expression and role of adrenomedullin in renal tumors and value of its mRNA levels as prognostic factor in clear-cell renal carcinomaJean Laurent Deville
INSERM, UMR 911 CRO2, Marseille, France
Int J Cancer 125:2307-15. 2009..b>Adrenomedullin (AM), a multifunctional peptide, is highly expressed in several tumors and plays an important role in ..
- Time course of proadrenomedullin in the early phase of septic shock. A comparative study with other proinflammatory proteinsR Pezzilli
Department of Digestive Diseases and Internal Medicine, Sant Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Panminerva Med 54:211-7. 2012It has been shown that pro-adrenomedullin is a good marker of the severity of septic shock but there are no data on the early changes in serum pro-adrenomedullin concentrations in patients with shock.
- Cloning and characterization of cDNA encoding a precursor for human adrenomedullinK Kitamura
First Department of Internal Medicine, Miyazaki Medical College, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 194:720-5. 1993..The precursor for human adrenomedullin (human preproadrenomedullin) is 185 amino acids in length, including an adrenomedullin sequence...
- Distribution and expression of adrenomedullin in human gastrointestinal tissueM Kitani
First Department of Internal Medicine, Miyazaki Medical College, Japan
Ann Clin Biochem 35:643-8. 1998b>Adrenomedullin (AM) is a biologically active peptide recently isolated from phaeochromocytoma. We report here the distribution and characterization of immunoreactive AM and gene expression of AM in human gastrointestinal tissue...
- Expression of adrenomedullin in the endometrium of the human uterusM Michishita
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Obstet Gynecol 93:66-70. 1999Our purpose was to determine whether adrenomedullin is present in the human uterus.
- Adrenomedullin expression in the human endometriumJ B Laoag-Fernandez
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan
Endocrine 12:15-9. 2000Immunohistochemical studies were performed using a specific antibody to human adrenomedullin (AM) to determine its presence and cellular localization in the human endometrium, in the different phases of the menstrual cycle, and in the ..
- Expression of adrenomedullin and its receptors in the human adrenal cortex and aldosteronomasG Albertin
Department of Human Anatomy and Physiology Section of Anatomy, School of Medicine, University of Padua, Via Gabelli 65, I 35121 Padua, Italy
Int J Mol Med 8:423-6. 2001b>Adrenomedullin (ADM) is a hypotensive peptide, that derives from the proteolytic cleavage of pro(p)ADM and acts through at least two subtypes of receptors, called L1-receptor (L1-R) and calcitonin receptor-like receptor (CRLR)...
- Adrenomedullin promotes proliferation and migration of cultured endothelial cellsKazutoshi Miyashita
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 54 Shogoin Kawahara cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Hypertens Res 26:S93-8. 2003b>Adrenomedullin (AM) is a vasoactive hormone which exerts its action through cyclic adenosine monophosphate(cAMP) /cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA) cascade and intracellular Ca2+ mobilization...
- Expression of adrenomedullin in human ovaries, ovarian cysts and cancers. Correlation with estrogens receptor statusPierre Ludovic Giacalone
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hopital Arnaud de Villeneuve, University of Montpellier, 371 rue du Doyen Gaston Giraud, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 110:224-9. 2003To investigate the expression of adrenomedullin (AM) in benign and malignant ovarian tissues and its correlation with estrogen receptors (ERs) mRNA status.
- Stimulation of adhesion molecule expression in human endothelial cells (HUVEC) by adrenomedullin and corticotrophinEleni Hagi-Pavli
Molecular Signalling Group, Clinical Science Research Centre, Barts and the London Queen Mary University of London, 2 Newark St, London E1 2AD, UK
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 286:C239-46. 2004b>Adrenomedullin (AM) and corticotrophin (ACTH) are both vasoactive peptides produced by a variety of cell types, including endothelial cells...
- Adrenomedullin messenger ribonucleic acid expression in the placentae of normal and preeclamptic pregnanciesR J Gratton
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lawson Health Research Institute, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 4V2
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:6048-55. 2003In pathological pregnancies, alterations in circulating maternal and fetal adrenomedullin (ADM) concentrations may mediate compensatory vascular responses in the fetal or placental circulation...
- Presentation of ICAM-1 protein at the cell surface of oral keratinocytes in the presence of adrenomedullin and corticotrophinEleni Hagi-Pavli
Molecular Signalling Group, Clinical Science Research Centre, Bart s and The London, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
Cell Physiol Biochem 15:167-74. 2005Increasing evidence suggests that adrenomedullin (AM) and corticotrophin (ACTH) are immunomodulatory...
- Haplotype-based case-control study revealing an association between the adrenomedullin gene and proteinuria in subjects with essential hypertensionYujin Kobayashi
Nihon University School of Medicine, Ooyaguchi Kamimachi, 30 1 Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
Hypertens Res 28:229-36. 2005b>Adrenomedullin (AM) has various physiological actions on the cardiovascular system, including vasodilatation, diuresis, natriuresis, inhibition of aldosterone secretion, and increases of the cardiac output, all of which cause hypotension...
- Plasma MR-proADM correlates to BMI and decreases in relation to leptin after gastric bypass surgeryGreisa Vila
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine III, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:1184-8. 2009b>Adrenomedullin (ADM) is a vasoactive peptide found to be related to obesity and its comorbidities: type 2 diabetes, hypertension, atherosclerosis, and coronary heart disease...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor upregulates adrenomedullin expression in ovarian epithelial carcinoma cells via JNK-AP-1 pathwayYi Zhang
Department of Gynecology, The First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, Liaoning, PR China
Regul Pept 157:44-50. 2009b>Adrenomedullin (AM), a potent vasodilator peptide, present in various kinds of tumors. Basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) has broad biological functions involving in the regulation of cell growth, differentiation and proliferation...
- Adrenomedullin increases fibroblast-like synoviocyte adhesion to extracellular matrix proteins by upregulating integrin activationMarie Dominique Ah Kioon
INSERM UMR S 606, Hopital Lariboisiere, Ambroise Paré Street, 75010 Paris, France
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R190. 2010..b>Adrenomedullin, a peptide with anabolic and antiapoptotic properties, is secreted by rheumatoid FLSs...
- Association of adrenomedullin gene polymorphisms and blood pressure in a Chinese populationShufeng Chen
State Key Laboratory of Cardiovascular Disease, National Center for Cardiovascular Diseases, Division of Population Genetics, Department of Evidence Based Medicine, Fuwai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Hypertens Res 36:74-8. 2013..This study aimed to examine the associations between genetic variants of the adrenomedullin (ADM) gene and essential hypertension, as well as BP levels, in a Chinese Han population...
- Increased oxidative stress is associated with elevated plasma levels of adrenomedullin in hypertensive patients with type 2 diabetesAkira Katsuki
Diabetes Care 26:1642-3. 2003
- Interaction of human adrenomedullin 13-52 with calcitonin gene-related peptide receptors in the microvasculature of the rat and hamsterJ M Hall
Biomedical Sciences Division, King s College London
Br J Pharmacol 114:592-7. 19951. Adrenomedullin (ADM), a recently discovered circulating hypotensive peptide, shares limited sequence homology with the sensory nerve-derived vasodilator, calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP)...
- Pharmacological and kinetic characterization of adrenomedullin 1 and calcitonin gene-related peptide 1 receptor reporter cell linesFrank Wunder
Bayer HealthCare AG, Lead Discovery Wuppertal, Pharma Research Center, Aprather Weg 18a, D 42096 Wuppertal, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 73:1235-43. 2008b>Adrenomedullin (ADM) and calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) receptors and their respective ligands play important roles in cardiovascular (patho-)physiology...
- Comparative study on reversal efficacy of SDZ PSC 833, cyclosporin A and verapamil on multidrug resistance in vitro and in vivoT Watanabe
Cancer Chemotherapy Center, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo
Acta Oncol 34:235-41. 1995..greater potency than CsA and Vp with respect to the restoring effect on reduced accumulation of doxorubicin (ADM) and vincristine (VCR) in ADM-resistant K562 myelogenous leukemia cells (K562/ADM) in vitro and also on the ..
- Cloning, characterization and central nervous system distribution of receptor activity modifying proteins in the ratK R Oliver
Merck Research Laboratories, Neuroscience Research Centre, Harlow, Essex CM20 QR, UK
Eur J Neurosci 14:618-28. 2001Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), adrenomedullin (ADM), amylin and calcitonin (CT) are structurally and functionally related neuropeptides...
- Pilot study with adriamycin and ifosfamide in small cell lung cancerP Bidoli
Division of Medical Oncology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milano, Italy
Tumori 75:34-7. 1989..with limited (12 cases) or extensive (9 cases) small cell lung cancer entered a pilot study with adriamycin (ADM) plus ifosfamide (IFX) as first line treatment for six planned cycles...
- Adrenomedullin ameliorates the development of atherosclerosis in apoE-/- miceChun Shui Pan
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Bioactive Molecules, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100191, China
Peptides 31:1150-8. 2010b>Adrenomedullin (ADM) is a multifunctional peptide regulating cardiovascular homeostasis...
- Increased myocardial expression of RAMP1 and RAMP3 in rats with chronic heart failureCarine Cueille
INSERM U349, Hopital Lariboisiere, Centre Viggo Petersen, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 294:340-6. 2002Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) and adrenomedullin (ADM) are potent vasodilators in humans and improved myocardial ischemia is observed after CGRP administration. Receptors for CGRP and ADM were already identified in heart...
- Expression of calcitonin gene-related peptide, adrenomedullin, and receptor modifying proteins in human adipose tissue and alteration in their expression with menopause statusPratima Gupta
Women s Unit, Solihull Hospital and University of Birmingham, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, Lode Lane Solihull, West Midlands, UK
Menopause 14:1031-8. 2007..CGRP and the related protein adrenomedullin (ADM) may function through adipose tissue-mediated effects, since adipose tissue is an important site of ..
- Adrenomedullin--what do we know 10 years since its discovery?Jerzy Bełtowski
Department of Pathophysiology, Medical University, Jaczewskiego 8, PL 20 090 Lublin, Poland
Pol J Pharmacol 56:5-27. 2004b>Adrenomedullin (ADM) is a 52-amino acid peptide with structural homology to calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) initially isolated from human pheochromocytoma...
- Acellular dermal matrix allografts to achieve increased attached gingiva. Part 2. A histological comparative studyPein Chi Wei
Department of Periodontics, Lin Kou Medical Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Periodontol 73:257-65. 2002In part 1 of this study, we compared the clinical efficacy of freeze-dried acellular dermal matrix (ADM) allograft in 6 patients with autogenous free gingival graft (FGG) in 6 patients for increasing the width of attached gingiva in the ..
- [Synergistic effect of bromocriptine combining tumor necrosis factor-alpha on reversing multidrug resistance in a nude mouse model of liver neoplasm]Lei Ding
Hepatic Surgery Center, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 43:1248-53. 2005..To investigate synergistic effect of bromocriptine (BCT) combining tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) on reversing multidrug resistance in a nude mouse model of liver neoplasm...
- Acellular dermal matrix compared with synthetic implant material for repair of ventral hernia in the setting of peri-operative Staphylococcus aureus implant contamination: a rabbit modelMeghan L Milburn
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 9:433-42. 2008..Our objectives were to determine if acellular dermal matrix (ADM) grafts resisted Staphylococcus aureus infection better (as measured by ability to reduce or clear bacterial counts)..
- Number, characteristics, and classification of patients with dermatomyositis seen by dermatology and rheumatology departments at a large tertiary medical centerRhonda Q Klein
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 57:937-43. 2007..The current diagnostic criteria for dermatomyositis (DM) exclude patients without muscle involvement. As a result there is a paucity of research related to the complete spectrum of the disease...
- [Effect of rokitamycin on bacterial flora in human feces]T Motohiro
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Kurume University
Jpn J Antibiot 43:285-317. 1990..was given 3 times daily before meals and the fecal studies were done on the 5 days before administration (adm.) [b.a.], at the time of administration (0), and the 3rd, 5th, 7th (the final day of treatment) days during adm. [u...
- Adrenomedullin is expressed during rodent dental tissue development and promotes cell growth and mineralizationDavid S Musson
Oral Biology, School of Dentistry, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B4 6NN, UK
Biol Cell 102:145-57. 2010ADM (adrenomedullin) has pleiotropic effects, including regulation of inflammation, infection, angiogenesis, mineralized-tissue formation and development...
- Synergistic cytotoxicity of recombinant human TNF and various anti-cancer drugsN Watanabe
Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical College, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 10:117-27. 1988..The cytotoxicity of rH-TNF against L-M cells in combination with Mitomycin C (MMC), Adriamycin (ADM), Cytosine arabinoside (Ara-C), Actinomycin D (ACD), Daunomycin (DM), Cisplatin (CDDP), Vincristine (VCR), and 5-..
- Treatment of the common coldPakpoom Supiyaphun
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 86:S362-72. 2003..The authors conducted a study to compare the efficacy, adverse effects, the quality of life (QOL) and the patient's opinion and appreciation on the drugs (POD) between Dayquil/Nyquil and Actifed DM plus paracetamol syrup...
- Amyopathic dermatomyositis or dermatomyositis-like skin disease: retrospective review of 16 cases with amyopathic dermatomyositisHua Cao
Department of Dermatology and Rheumatology, Ruijin Hospital, Medical School of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 197 Ruijin 2nd Rd, Shanghai 200025, China
Clin Rheumatol 28:979-84. 2009Amyopathic dermatomyositis (ADM) is characterized by the presence of dermatomyositis (DM) for 6 months or more in individuals who have normal muscle enzymes and no clinically significant muscle weakness...
- Comparison of dermal matrix and polytetrafluoroethylene membrane for socket bone augmentation: a clinical and histologic studyPaul D Fotek
West Palm Beach, FL, USA
J Periodontol 80:776-85. 2009..the purpose of this study was to compare extraction socket healing and alveolar ridge alteration after socket augmentation using bone allograft covered with an acellular dermal matrix (ADM) or polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) membrane.
- [Study on the mechanism of reversing multidrug resistance of hepatocarcinoma by bromocriptine]Lei Ding
Hepatic Surgery Center, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 14:353-7. 2006..To investigate the mechanism of reversing multidrug resistance of hepatocarcinoma by bromocriptine (BCT) in vitro and in vivo...
- Physical progress and residual impairment quantification after functional restoration. Part III: Isokinetic and isoinertial lifting capacityL Curtis
Productive Rehabilitation Institute of Dallas for Ergonomics PRIDE, Texas
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:401-5. 1994..time: at initial evaluation (PRE), at admission to the intensive 3-week phase of a functional restoration program (ADM), and after program discharge and follow up (FU) (an average of 12 weeks later)...
- [Adrenomedullin--the link between the sympathetic nervous system activation and peripheral vasodilatation in some patients with vasovagal syncope]Jacek Gajek
Katedra i Klinika Kardiologii AM
Pol Merkur Lekarski 17:267-70. 2004b>Adrenomedullin (ADM) is a potent vasodilator playing role in regulation of central hemodynamic. The concentration of plasma ADM in healthy people increases under the influence of orthostatic stress...
- Adrenomedullin in the rostral ventrolateral medulla inhibits baroreflex control of heart rate: a role for protein kinase AYong Xu
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2H7
Br J Pharmacol 148:70-7. 2006..We have demonstrated that microinjections of adrenomedullin (ADM), a vasoactive neuropeptide, into the RVLM cause increased resting mean arterial pressure (MAP) and heart ..
- [Effect of adrenomedullin on neuron apoptosis and early growth response gene-1 after focal ischemia/ reperfusion in rats]Guo rong Bi
Department of Neurology, Second Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, Liaoning, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 19:353-7. 2007To explore the influence of adrenomedullin (ADM) on apoptosis of neuron, volume of infarction and the expression of early growth response gene-1 (Egr-1) mRNA in the rat with focal ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury.
- [The relationship between multi-drug resistance and proportion of leukemia stem cells and expression of drug transporters in drug-resistant leukemia K562/ADM cells]Juan Yi
Laboratory Center for Medical Science, School of Medicine, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:1741-4. 2009..To investigate the drug resistance, proportion of leukemia stem cells (LSC) and expression of P-glycoprotein (P-gp) and breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP) in drug-sensitive and multidrug-resistant leukemia cell population...
- Design, synthesis, conformational and membrane ion transport studies of proline-adamantane hybrid cyclic depsipeptidesIsabella L Karle
Laboratory for the Structure of Matter, Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC 20375 5341, USA
Biopolymers 89:471-8. 2008..proline containing depsipeptides that incorporate the rigid low molecular weight lipophilic adamantane (Adm) building blocks are reported...
- Two overlapping antiparallel genes encoding the iron regulator DmdR1 and the Adm proteins control siderophore [correction of sedephore] and antibiotic biosynthesis in Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)Sedef Tunca
Institute of Biotechnology of León, INBIOTEC, Parque Cientifico de Leon, Avenida Real no 1, Spain
FEBS J 276:4814-27. 2009The dmdR1 gene of Streptomyces coelicolor encodes an important regulator of iron metabolism. An antiparallel gene (adm) homologous to a development-regulated gene of Streptomyces aureofaciens has been found to overlap with dmdR1...
- [Clinical study of intravesical instillation therapy of superficial bladder tumor--combination therapy of mitomycin C, adriamycin, peplomycin and cytosine arabinoside]N Kinoshita
Department of Urology, Mie University School of Medicine
Hinyokika Kiyo 36:257-63. 1990..MMC group: Mitomycin C (MMC) 10 mg and cytosine arabinoside (CA) 300 mg. ADM group: Adriamycin (ADM) 30 mg and CA 300 mg. PEP group: Peplomycin (PEP) 30 mg and CA 300 mg...
- Acellular dermal matrix allografts to achieve increased attached gingiva. Part 1. A clinical studyP C Wei
Department of Periodontics, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Periodontol 71:1297-305. 2000Freeze-dried acellular dermal matrix (ADM) allograft, originally used for full-thickness burn wounds, was recently introduced as an alternative to the autogenous free gingival graft (FGG) in achieving increased attached keratinized ..
- Adrenomedullin gene expression in human placental tIssue and leukocytes: a potential marker of severe tIssue hypoxia in neonates with birth asphyxiaR Trollmann
Department of Pediatrics, University of Erlangen Nuernberg, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 147:711-6. 2002The aim of the present study was to investigate the role of adrenomedullin (ADM) as a hypoxia-inducible marker of clinically relevant tIssue hypoxia in acute birth asphyxia of term newborn infants.
- Administration of adrenomedullin into subfornical organ inhibits Na(+),K(+)-ATPase activity in single proximal renal tubule of ratsYuan Gao
Department of Physiology, Zunyi Medical College Zhuhai Campus, Zhuhai 519041, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 61:94-8. 2009The present study was designed to investigate the effect of administration of adrenomedullin (ADM) into subfornical organ (SFO) on renal tubular Na(+),K(+)-ATPase activity in rats. Rats under anesthesia were injected with ADM 0...
- [Experimental study and clinical application of a new combination chemotherapy with cis-platinum, adriamycin and carboquone in patients with advanced prostate cancer]H Ito
Department of Urology, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Nihon Ika Daigaku Zasshi 62:456-68. 1995..The drugs used were aclarubicin (ACR), adriamycin (ADM), carboquone (CQ), vincristine (VCR), ifosfamide (IFM), peplomycin (PEP) and cis-platinum (CDDP)...
- Effects of adrenomedullin on aldosterone-induced cell proliferation in rat cardiac fibroblastsWei Jiang
Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1690:265-75. 2004..It also stimulates vascular smooth muscle cells to produce and secrete adrenomedullin (ADM), which has a cytoprotective effect against cardiovascular damage...
- Antroduodenal manometry: experience from a tertiary care centerUday C Ghoshal
Department of Gastroenterology, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India
Indian J Gastroenterol 27:53-7. 2008Though antroduodenal manometry (ADM) is an important research tool, experience on its clinical utility is scanty.
- The roles of four multi-drug resistance proteins in hepatocellular carcinoma multidrug resistanceGaopeng Li
Department of Hepatic Surgery Center, Tongji Hospital, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 27:173-5. 2007..By exposing HepG2 cell line to progressively increased concentrations of adriamycin (ADM), HepG2 multi-drug resistant subline (HepG2/ADM) was induced. The MDR index of HepG2/ADM was detected by using MTT...
- [Inhibitory effect of adriamycin combined P21CIP1 gene transfection on proliferation of human hepatoblastoma cell line HepG2]Juan Xiong
Institute of Immunology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, 430022, People s Republic of China
Ai Zheng 27:476-81. 2008Chemotherapy protocols using adriamycin (ADM) is a standard treatment for hepatoblastoma, but the treatment results became unsatisfied because of drug resistance...
- The pivotal role of adrenomedullin in producing hyperdynamic circulation during the early stage of sepsisP Wang
Center for Surgical Research and Department of Surgery, Brown University School of Medicine and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence 02903, USA
Arch Surg 133:1298-304. 1998..Although studies have shown that a novel potent vasodilatory peptide, adrenomedullin (ADM), is up-regulated under such conditions, it remains unknown whether ADM is responsible for initiating the ..
- [The study on pro-adrenomedullin as a new biomarker in sepsis prognosis and risk stratification]Fu xin Kang
Intensive Care Unit, Shanghai Jiaotong University Affiliated First People s Hospital, Shanghai 201620, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 20:452-5. 2008To assess the clinical value of pro-adrenomedullin (pro-ADM) in the prognosis and risk stratification in sepsis.
- In vitro evaluation of the new anticancer agents KT6149, MX-2, SM5887, menogaril, and liblomycin using cisplatin- or adriamycin-resistant human cancer cell linesY Ohe
Department of Internal Medicine, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 49:4098-102. 1989..activity of new analogues was developed, and the cross-resistance against cisplatin (CDDP) and Adriamycin (ADM) was examined. A preclinical evaluation of various new analogues using this new model was performed...
- Adrenomedullin and the blood-brain barrierA J Kastin
VA Medical Center and Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112-1262, USA
Horm Metab Res 33:19-25. 2001b>Adrenomedullin (ADM) is present both in the periphery and brain. In addition to its peripheral effects, this peptide can exert central effects such as decreasing food ingestion...
- Adrenomedullin in cirrhotic and non-cirrhotic portal hypertensionV Tahan
Gastroenterology Institute, Marmara University, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 9:2325-7. 2003b>Adrenomedullin (ADM) is a potent vasodilator peptide. ADM and nitric oxide (NO) are produced in vascular endothelial cells...
- Adrenomedullin affects two signal transduction pathways and the migration in retinal pigment epithelial cellsWei Huang
Institute of Ophthalmology, Xijing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:1507-13. 2004b>Adrenomedullin is a multifunctional regulatory peptide known to inhibit the migration of smooth muscle cells. In vitro studies were performed to identify whether adrenomedullin (ADM) also inhibits the migration of RPE cells...
- Acellular dermal matrix for mucogingival surgery: a meta-analysisRicardo Gapski
Department of Periodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Missouri, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Periodontol 76:1814-22. 2005Many clinical studies revealed the effectiveness of acellular dermal matrix (ADM) in the treatment of mucogingival defects...
- The role of adrenomedullin and brain natriuretic peptide levels in acute rheumatic fever in adultsEdnan Bayram
Department of Cardiology, Numune Hospital, Erzurum, Turkey
Anadolu Kardiyol Derg 8:188-91. 2008..Plasma adrenomedullin (ADM) levels are elevated in various pathological states including cardiovascular and inflammatory diseases...
- [Synergic effect of Na(+)-K(+) ATPaseB1 and adriamycin on inhibition of cell proliferation and reversal of drug resistance in breast cancer MCF-7 cells]Yan Yu Qi
Division of Geraeology, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital, Chengdu, Sichuan University, 610041, P R China
Ai Zheng 28:861-7. 2009..This study was to investigate the synergic effect of Na(+)-K(+) ATPaseB1 and adriamycin (ADM) on inhibition of cell proliferation and reversal of drug resistance in MCF-7 and MCF-7/ADM cells.
- Adrenomedullin in the rostral ventrolateral medulla is involved in the regulation of cardiovascular component of defensive responses induced by electrical stimulation of dorsal periaquaductal gray of the midbrainXia Li
Department of Internal Neurology, Huashan Hospital Affiliated to Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 61:347-55. 2009..of the dorsal periaquaductal gray of the midbrain (dPAG) and microinjection to investigate the changes of preproadrenomedullin (ppADM) gene expression encoding adrenomedullin (ADM) and ADM-like immunoreactivity (ADM-IR) in the medulla ..
- Down-regulation of lung resistance related protein by RNA interference targeting survivin induces the reversal of chemoresistances in hepatocellular carcinomaXuan Song
Department of General Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150001, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:2636-42. 2009..But the relationship between survivin and LRP is indefinite. The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of down-regulation of survivin on LRP expressions and the reversal of chemoresistances in HCC both in vitro and in vivo...
- Adrenomedullin prevents sex-dependent impairment of autoregulation during hypotension after piglet brain injury through inhibition of ERK MAPK upregulationWilliam M Armstead
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurotrauma 27:391-402. 2010Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) adrenomedullin (ADM) levels are increased in female, but remain unchanged in male, piglets after fluid percussion injury (FPI) of the brain...
- Effect of nasal continuous positive airway pressure treatment on plasma adrenomedullin levels in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome: roles of nocturnal hypoxia and oxidant stressHiroshi Yamamoto
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Hypertens Res 30:1065-76. 2007..that the hypoxic stress and oxidative stress caused by obstructive sleep apnea would increase circulating adrenomedullin (ADM) levels in untreated OSAS patients as compared to an age and body mass index (BMI)-matched control group ..
- IN-RATIO: a new test to increase diagnostic sensitivity in ulnar nerve entrapment at elbowP Caliandro
Institute of Neurology, Fondazione Pro Iuventute Don Carlo Gnocchi, Universita Cattolica, Largo Francesco Vito 1, Roma, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 119:1600-6. 2008..We hypothesized that, if fibres to FDI are more damaged than fibres to ADM, a relative slowing of motor conduction velocity (CV) at the segment across the elbow recording from FDI (FDI-CV) ..
- A novel fluoride anion modified gelatin nanogel system for ultrasound-triggered drug releaseDaocheng Wu
The Key Laboratory of Biomedical Information Engineering of Ministry of Education, School of Life Science and Technology, Xian Jiaotong University, Xian 710049, China
J Pharm Pharm Sci 11:32-45. 2008..Controlled drug release, especially tumor-targeted drug release, remains a great challenge. Here, we prepare a novel fluoride anion-modified gelatin nanogel system and investigate its characteristics of ultrasound-triggered drug release...
- The effects of fibroblast growth factor-2 on rotator cuff reconstruction with acellular dermal matrix graftsJunji Ide
Department of Orthopaedic and Neuro Musculoskeletal Surgery, Faculty of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Arthroscopy 25:608-16. 2009Our purpose was to determine whether the local application of fibroblast growth factor (FGF) 2 accelerates regeneration and remodeling of rotator cuff tendon defects reconstructed with acellular dermal matrix (ADM) grafts in rats.
- Mahesh P Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Summary: Adriamycin (ADM) is one of the most effective chemotherapeutic agents used against verity of cancers...
- DOROTHY ELINOR APOLLONIO; Fiscal Year: 2015..research to support the creation of state policies mandating that smoking cessation therapy be available to ADM populations in treatment. This award will provide Dr...
- Novel Plasmodial Surface Anion Channel Inhibitors as Antimalarial DrugsMichelle M Butler; Fiscal Year: 2013..the basis of their potency, low cytotoxicity, tractability of synthesis and overall favorable in vitro "drug-like" ADM results...
- CBPR with Tribal Colleges-Universities: Alcohol Problems-SolutionsBonnie M Duran; Fiscal Year: 2012..The long-term vision of this research is to reduce alcohol, drug and mental disorder (ADM) related-health disparities for American Indian and Alaska Natives (AIAN), and to increase postsecondary academic ..
- Stephen F Konieczny; Fiscal Year: 2016..and that subsequently transition to a duct- like state by a process known as acinar-ductal metaplasia (ADM)...
- DAVID CURTIS MOHR; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our proposal harnesses these advances to develop and pilot the medLink system. ADM adherence will be passively measured using an electronic pill dispenser, which is connected to a mobile smartphone ..
- Anil K Rustgi; Fiscal Year: 2016..ductal development, but in particular regulate the emergence of ductal structures during acinar-ductal metaplasia (ADM) and the transition of normal ducts to preneoplastic ducts (termed PanIN)...
- LIPID & PROTEIN PO4 TURNOVER IN IRIS OF THE EYEATA ABDEL LATIF; Fiscal Year: 2002..which governs the release of neuropeptides, and the local hormones: prostaglandin F2a, endothelin (ET), adrenomedullin (ADM), and atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) will be continued...
- Binnaz Kucuk Staley; Fiscal Year: 2015..research aims to determine if YAP is required or sufficient for the formation of acinar-to-ductal metaplasia (ADM), the earliest precursor lesions of PDA, as well as whether YAP oncogene can synergize with oncogenic Kras (..
- Matthias Hebrok; Fiscal Year: 2014..in distinguishing between acinar cell regeneration in normal cells versus pathological acinar- ductal metaplasia (ADM) followed by pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia (PanIN)/PDA formation in the context of Kras mutations...
- MELVA BALL; Fiscal Year: 2016..Another key acquisition will be the USAFoodSafety software which will greatly facilitate compliance with MFRPS standards. L:\ADM\For Dirk\GRANT\NDA-MFRPS Standards-Project Summary_041212.doc
- CODISORDERS AMONG FEMALE JAIL DETAINEES: MH TRTMT NEEDSLINDA TEPLIN; Fiscal Year: 1993..the same two questions -- prevalence and detection/treatment -- in relation to multiple alcohol/drug/mental (ADM) disorders...
- DUAL DISORDERS & ENTITLEMENT AMONG THE HOMELESSChristina Hoven; Fiscal Year: 1991..The distribution of ADM disorders and the relationships between ADM disorders and dual disorders to entitlement status, as well as the need ..
- LIBRARY BUSINESS INFORMATION SERVICEARLENE MANGINO; Fiscal Year: 1991..The SPECIFIC AIMS are to: l. Serve a new patron market--adm. and managers 2)Provide them with increased availability to data and research on operation strategy, marketing, ..
- Serving Homeless Welfare Clients With ADM ProblemsLaura Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2007..to PA-02-150, "Services and Intervention Research with Homeless Persons Having Alcohol, Drug Abuse, or Mental (ADM) Disorders...
- MANAGING MENTAL HEALTH CARE IN HMOJon Christianson; Fiscal Year: 1991..organize and deliver services in the areas of mental health and combined alcohol, drug abuse, and mental health (ADM)...
- HOSPITAL CLOSURES AND MEDICARE MULTIPLE ADM PATIENTSSusan DesHarnais; Fiscal Year: 1993..access to hospital care, patterns of care, and cost and outcomes of care for Medicare beneficiaries with multiple ADM disorders living in areas where hospitals have closed since 1984...
- ASSESSING ADM SERVICE NEEDS AMONG JUVENILE DETAINEESLINDA TEPLIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..Although researchers speculate that many juvenile detainees have alcohol, drug or mental (ADM) disorders, there are few empirical data...
- Epoetin Therapy and Survival of Hemodialysis PatientsDennis Cotter; Fiscal Year: 2006..5 percent in 2000 and mean epoetin dose per week increased from approximately 8,500 units/adm to 13,400 units/adm over this time, approximately 155,000 ESRD patient deaths have occurred over the last two and ..
- Prevention of Recurrence in Depression with Drugs and CTSTEVEN HOLLON; Fiscal Year: 2009..I am interested in whether cognitive therapy (CT) has a more enduring effect than antidepressant medications (ADM) and whether that enduring effect can extend to the prevention of depression in at-risk adolescents...
- ADOLESCENT ADM: SERVICE USE AND RISKS OF CO-MORBIDITYAdrian Angold; Fiscal Year: 1991..treatment in terms of dropout, subsequent service and substance use, and the cost of service use, suicidality, in ADM adolescents and pure substance abusing adolescents attending specialist substance abuse treatment programs at a ..
- Role of Nonclassical Transmitters in Cardiac GangliaDonald Hoover; Fiscal Year: 2004..to the preceding work but focuses on the hypothesis that proadrenomedullin N-terminal 20 peptide (PAMP) and adrenomedullin (ADM) function as paracrine mediators in the intrinsic cardiac ganglia...
- REDUCING HIV RISK BEHAVIORS IN IV DRUG USERSSANDRA AVANTS; Fiscal Year: 1999APPLICANT'S ABSTRACT: The proposed ADM Scientist Development Award (K21) outlines a five-year program of training and research in substance abuse with a focus on treatment development for HIV-positive intravenous drug abusers...
- INSTITUTIONAL RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT PLANMELVIN JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 1990..broad long term objectives of this project is: (1) to build an infrastructure at the University to conduct ongoing ADM research; (2) to increase information about critical psychological and psychosocial variables as they relate to the ..
- ASSESSING ADM SERVICE NEEDS AMONG JUVENILE DETAINEESLINDA TEPLIN; Fiscal Year: 1999..Recent literature reviews speculate that many juvenile detainees have alcohol, drug or mental (ADM) disorders and require services...
- WHO/NIH JOINT PROJECT ON THE ASSESSMENT OF DISABLEMENTBedirhan Ustun; Fiscal Year: 2001The disablements (impairments, disabilities and handicaps) which result from alcohol and drug use and mental (ADM) disorders are a major public health problem. They are of increasing concern because of their impact on health services...
- Drug use and health disparities in 2 Indian populationsJanette Beals; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed analyses of AI-SUPERPFP--the first large-scale, community-based alcohol, drug and mental health (ADM) epidemiologic study of AIs promises to provide insights drug-related health disparities in a manner never before ..
- Fibrillogenesis pathways in diabetes and renal diseasesANDREW MIRANKER; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Fibrillogenesis pathways in diabetes and renal diseasesANDREW MIRANKER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our aims will be met by combined use of mutagenesis, optical, NMR and deuterium exchange techniques to elucidate the perturbation of protein folding and fibrillogenesis pathways. ..
- DEVELOPING CULTURALLY RESPONSIVE CHILD INTERVENTIONSKRISTEN MC CABE; Fiscal Year: 2005..The data will also provide an estimate of effect size that will be used to determine the necessary sample size for a larger effectiveness trial in the future. ..
- Mental Health and Labor Market OutcomesRoland Sturm; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Plasminogen activators and cerebral ischemic injuryWilliam M Armstead; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- HYPOXIA AND GENE REPRESSIONAmato Giaccia; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will test these hypotheses through a combination of genetic and biochemical approaches in cell lines and in mice. ..
- Long-term follow-up of postobese black and white womenBarbara Gower; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Intramuscular lipid and insulin action: ethnic aspectsBarbara Gower; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Reduced Carbohydrate Diet Intervention for PCOSBarbara A Gower; Fiscal Year: 2010..the lower GL diet will be more effective in decreasing insulin secretion, increasing insulin sensitivity, decreasing ectopic adipose tissue, decreasing inflammation, and improvin% (<10% saturated fat) saturated fat) ..
- CTGF in Pancreatic Tumor GrowthAmato J Giaccia; Fiscal Year: 2010..In summary, the proposed studies are intended to address an important mechanism by which CTGF affects tumor progression in pancreatic cancers and to determine how effective it is in combination therapy to bring it to the clinic. ..
- Renal 11b-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenases and HypertensionMingyu Liang; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results are expected to elucidate a novel aspect of the pathophysiology of salt- sensitive hypertension and to provide potential new targets for prevention and treatment of hypertension. ..
- Intervention Development for Traumatized American Indian AdolescentsDouglas Novins; Fiscal Year: 2007..This work will also allow us to start developing this intervention for testing and use in this and other Al communities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- POTASSIUM CHANNELS AND CEREBRAL HEMODYNAMICS AFTER BRAINWilliam Armstead; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies may lead to therapies for brain injured children. ..
- ETHNIC DIFFERENCES IN INSULIN SENSITIVITYBarbara Gower; Fiscal Year: 2003..The chronic hyperinsulinemia that results from this defect will ultimately result in peripheral (skeletal muscle) insulin resistance. ..