Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ADCYAP1R1
Description: ADCYAP receptor type I
Alias: PAC1, PAC1R, PACAPR, PACAPRI, pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide type I receptor, PACAP receptor 1, PACAP type I receptor, PACAP-R1, adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide 1 (pituitary) receptor type I, pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide 1 receptor type I Hiphop
Publications246 found, 100 shown here
- Specific interaction between the hop1 intracellular loop 3 domain of the human PAC(1) receptor and ARFE Ronaldson
Bioscience and Biotechnology, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
Regul Pept 109:193-8. 2002..Using this GST pull-down assay, we have shown binding of the small G protein ARF6 to the hop1 but not the null domain of this receptor...
- Identification of pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide (PACAP) and PACAP type 1 receptor in human skin: expression of PACAP-38 is increased in patients with psoriasisM Steinhoff
Department of Surgery and Physiology, University of California UCSF, Medical Center, San Francisco 94143 0660, USA
Regul Pept 80:49-55. 1999..Using RT-PCR, the expression of a high-affinity PACAP-1 receptor in human skin was observed. These results indicate a possible role for PACAP-38 in inflammatory processes of psoriasis...
- Expression of pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide and PACAP type 1 receptor in the rat gastric and colonic myenteric neuronsMarcel Miampamba
CURE Digestive Diseases Research Center, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System and Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, 90073, USA
Regul Pept 105:145-54. 2002..In the present study, the pattern of distribution of PACAP and PACAP type 1 receptor (PAC1) immunoreactivities were examined in the rat stomach and distal colon using a specific polyclonal antibody raised ..
- Pituitary adenylyl cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) and its receptor (PAC1-R) in the cochlea: evidence for specific transcript expression of PAC1-R splice variants in rat microdissected cochlear subfractionsM D Abu-Hamdan
Laboratory of Bio Otology, Department of Otolaryngology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 261 Lande Medical Research Building, 540 East Canfield Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Neuroscience 140:147-61. 2006..PACAP acts through the specific receptor PAC1-R to modulate the action of neurotransmitters, and additionally, to regulate cell viability via autocrine/..
- Immunocytochemical identification of VPAC1, VPAC2, and PAC1 receptors in normal and neoplastic human tissues with subtype-specific antibodiesSolveig Schulz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 10:8235-42. 2004..VPAC1, VPAC2, and PAC1 receptors were clearly located at the plasma membrane of the tumor cells in a variety of human neoplasms...
- Expression localisation and functional activity of pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide, vasoactive intestinal polypeptide and their receptors in mouse ovaryMarzia Barberi
Department of Histology and Medical Embriology, La Sapienza University of Rome, Via A Scarpa, 14, Rome 00161, Italy
Reproduction 134:281-92. 2007..These two peptides act by interacting with three types of receptors: PACAP type I receptor (PAC1-R), which binds with higher affinity to PACAP, and two VIP receptors (VPAC1-R and VPAC2-R), which ..
- VPAC2-R mediates the lipolytic effects of pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide/vasoactive intestinal polypeptide in primary rat adipocytesLina Akesson
Section for Molecular Signaling, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Biomedical Center C11, Lund University, SE 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Endocrinology 146:744-50. 2005..Their actions have been shown to be mediated by three different receptor subtypes: PAC1-R, which has exclusive affinity for PACAP, and VPAC1-R and VPAC2-R, which have equal affinity for PACAP and VIP...
- Ageing and the diurnal expression of mRNAs for vasoactive intestinal peptide and for the VPAC2 and PAC1 receptors in the suprachiasmatic nucleus of male ratsI Kallo
Centre for Neuroscience Research, King s College London, London, UK
J Neuroendocrinol 16:758-66. 2004..These actions involve members of a distinct family of receptors; mRNAs for two such receptors, VPAC2 and PAC1, are present in the SCN...
- Mutations in the temperature-sensitive murine cytomegalovirus (MCMV) mutants tsm5 and tsm30: a study of genes involved in immune evasion, DNA packaging and processing, and DNA replicationClive Sweet
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
J Med Virol 79:285-99. 2007..Sequencing of the herpesvirus conserved cis-acting elements, pac1 and pac2, and genes involved in DNA packaging and cleavage located in the central core region of the genome ..
- MMM-QSAR recognition of ribonucleases without alignment: comparison with an HMM model and isolation from Schizosaccharomyces pombe, prediction, and experimental assay of a new sequenceGuillermin Agüero-Chapin
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico Tecnologico, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari, Cagliari, 09124, Italy
J Chem Inf Model 48:434-48. 2008The study of type III RNases constitutes an important area in molecular biology. It is known that the pac1+ gene encodes a particular RNase III that shares low amino acid similarity with other genes despite having a double-stranded ..
- PACAP induces signaling and stimulation of 5-hydroxytryptamine release and growth in neuroendocrine tumor cellsPatrizia M Germano
Department of Medicine, University of California, CURE Digestive Diseases Research Center, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
J Mol Neurosci 39:391-401. 2009..PACAP), released from the enteric neurons in the gastrointestinal tract by binding to its high affinity receptor PAC1, has been previously shown to regulate the secretory activity and growth of the neuroendocrine-derived ..
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide/pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating peptide receptor subtypes in human tumors and their tissues of originJ C Reubi
Division of Cell Biology and Experimental Cancer Research, Institute of Pathology, University of Berne, Switzerland
Cancer Res 60:3105-12. 2000..The VIP/PACAP receptor subtypes VPAC1, VPAC2, and PAC1 were evaluated in these tissues by determining the rank order of potencies of VIP and PACAP as well as VPAC1- and ..
- Distribution and functional characterization of pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide receptors in the brain of non-human primatesV Jolivel
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U413, EA 4310, Neuronal and Neuroendocrine Differentiation and Communication, European Institute for Peptide Research IFRMP23, University of Rouen, 76821 Mont Saint Aignan, France
Neuroscience 160:434-51. 2009..encoding the short and hop-1 variants of pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide-specific receptor (PAC1-R) in the cortex of both marmoset and macaque, whereas vasoactive intestinal polypeptide/pituitary adenylate ..
- Platelet activation in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome and effects of nasal-continuous positive airway pressureMie Shimizu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Kanagawa, Japan
Tokai J Exp Clin Med 27:107-12. 2002....
- Characterisation of the promoter which regulates expression of a phosphoglucomutase-related protein, a component of the dystrophin/utrophin cytoskeleton predominantly expressed in smooth muscleE P Moiseeva
Department of Biochemistry, University of Leicester, UK
Eur J Biochem 248:634-43. 1997..Here we show that the adult vascular smooth muscle cell line PAC1, which retains the capacity to synthesise metavinculin (a marker of the contractile phenotype) also expressed PGM-..
- Characterization, expression, and functional activity of pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide and its receptors in human granulosa-luteal cellsMaria Beatrice Morelli
Department of Histology and Medical Embryology, La Sapienza University of Rome, Via A Scarpa 14, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:4924-32. 2008..Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) are found in the ovary of mammalian species, although nothing is known about the possible role of PACAP and VIP in the human ovary...
- Activation of integrin alpha IIb beta 3 in the glycoprotein Ib-high population of a megakaryocytic cell line, CMK, by inside-out signalingH Kashiwagi
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University and Department of Blood Transfusion, Osaka University Hospital, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Thromb Haemost 2:177-86. 2004..Activation of alpha IIb beta 3 was assessed by PAC1 and soluble fibrinogen binding to the cells...
- The presence and distribution of pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide and its receptor in the snail Helix pomatiaL Hernadi
Department of Experimental Zoology, Balaton Limnological Research Institute, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, P O Box 35, H 8237 Tihany, Hungary
Neuroscience 155:387-402. 2008..PACAP-like and pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide receptor (PAC1-R)-like immunoreactivity was abundant both in the CNS and the peripheral nervous system of the snail...
- [Physiological significance of pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) in the nervous system]Hitoshi Hashimoto
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, 1 6 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Yakugaku Zasshi 122:1109-21. 2002..PACAP exerts its actions via three heptahelical G-protein-linked receptors: one PACAP-specific (PAC1) receptor and two receptors (VPAC1 and VPAC2) shared with VIP...
- Cholinergic and peptidergic regulation of phenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase gene expressionDona Lee Wong
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School and Laboratory of Molecular and Developmental Neurobiology, McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts 02478, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 971:19-26. 2002..PACAP appears to mediate its effects primarily through PAC1 receptors and, subsequently, cAMP-protein kinase A (PKA) and extracellular Ca(2+) signaling mechanisms...
- Human cytomegalovirus terminase as a target for antiviral chemotherapyElke Bogner
Institut fur Klinische und Molekulare Virologie, Schlossgarten 4, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Rev Med Virol 12:115-27. 2002..packaging is a complex process involving binding and cleavage of DNA containing the specific DNA-packaging motifs, pac1 and pac2, and packaging of the resulting unit-length genomes into preformed procapsids...
- Expression of PACAP receptors in the frog brain during developmentMonica Ciarlo
Department of Biology, University of Genova, V le Benedetto XV, 5, 16132 Genova, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1070:201-4. 2006This study describes the expression of PAC1 and VPAC1 receptor (PAC1-R and VPAC1-R) mRNAs in the brain of frog (Rana esculenta) during development...
- An enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to identify inhibitors of activation of platelet integrin alpha IIb beta 3J Gao
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Immunol Methods 181:55-64. 1995..After the addition of biotin-PAC1, a fibrinogen-mimetic monoclonal antibody, the activation state of alpha IIb beta 3 was measured by sedimenting the ..
- The mei3 region of the Schizosaccharomyces pombe genomeStephen J Aves
School of Biological Sciences, University of Exeter, Washington Singer Laboratories, Perry Road, Exeter EX4 4QG, UK
Yeast 19:521-7. 2002..The sequence includes 14 known genes (bag1-B, csh3, dps1, gpt1, mei3, mfm3, pac1, prp31, rpl38-1, rpn3, rti1, spa1, spm1 and ubc4) and 26 other open reading frames (ORFs) longer than 100 codons: a ..
- (N-stearyl, norleucine17)VIPhybrid is a broad spectrum vasoactive intestinal peptide receptor antagonistTerry W Moody
National Cancer Institute, Medicine Branch, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
J Mol Neurosci 18:29-35. 2002..vasoactive intestinal peptide hybrid ((SN)VIPhybrid) on cells stably transfected with VPAC,, VPAC2, or PAC1 receptors were investigated...
- Smooth muscle--specific expression of CYP4A1 induces endothelial sprouting in renal arterial microvesselsMiao Jiang
Department of Pharmacology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Circ Res 94:167-74. 2004..Beta-galactosidase expression was detected in Ad-SM22-nLacZ-transduced vascular smooth muscle A7r5 and PAC1 cells, but not in Ad-SM22-nLacZ-transduced 3T3 fibroblasts or vascular endothelial cells...
- VIP enhances synaptic transmission to hippocampal CA1 pyramidal cells through activation of both VPAC1 and VPAC2 receptorsDiana Cunha-Reis
Institute of Pharmacology and Neurosciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Lisbon, Av Prof Egas Moniz, 1649 028 Lisbon, Portugal
Brain Res 1049:52-60. 2005..cells at concentrations known to activate VIP-selective receptors (VPAC1 and VPAC2) but not the PACAP-selective PAC1 receptor...
- A spontaneous mutation of integrin alpha IIb beta 3 (platelet glycoprotein IIb-IIIa) helps define a ligand binding siteM L Bajt
Committee on Vascular Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037
J Biol Chem 267:3789-94. 1992..In addition, ET's platelets failed to bind the ligand-mimetic monoclonal anti-alpha IIb beta 3, PAC1. DNA sequence analysis of amplified ET genomic DNA revealed a single G----A base change which encoded substitution ..
- Characterization of a gain of function mutation of integrin alpha IIb beta 3 (platelet glycoprotein IIb-IIIa)M L Bajt
Committee on Vascular Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 920037
J Biol Chem 267:22211-6. 1992..state on Chinese hamster ovary cells as judged by minimal binding of an activation-specific anti-alpha IIb beta 3, PAC1. Nevertheless, cells expressing alpha IIb beta 3(beta 1-2) spontaneously bound fibrinogen with low affinity (Ka = (..
- The Sclerotinia sclerotiorum pac1 gene is required for sclerotial development and virulenceJeffrey A Rollins
Department of Plant Pathology, 1453 Fifield Hall, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611 0680, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 16:785-95. 2003..by the PacC transcription factor in Aspergillus nidulans, we functionally characterized a pacC gene homolog, pac1, from S. sclerotiorum...
- [Function of glial G-protein coupled receptors]Akiko Furuta
Department of Degenerative Neurological Diseases, National Institute of Neuroscience, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawahigashi, Kodaira, Tokyo 187 8502, Japan
Brain Nerve 59:717-24. 2007..Application of a Ntsr2 agonist modified the behavior of wild type mice. In NPCs, PACAP receptor (PAC1) was identified as one of the highly expressed GPCRs...
- PACAP/VIP and receptor characterization in micturition pathways in mice with overexpression of NGF in urotheliumBeatrice M Girard
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Mol Neurosci 42:378-89. 2010..adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide (PACAP), vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP), and associated receptor (PAC1, VPAC1, VPAC2) transcripts or protein expression in urothelium and detrusor smooth muscle and lumbosacral dorsal ..
- Increased platelet count and leucocyte-platelet complex formation in acute symptomatic compared with asymptomatic severe carotid stenosisD J H McCabe
University Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Royal Free and University College Medical School, The Royal Free Hospital Hampstead, Pond St, London NW3 2PF, England
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 76:1249-54. 2005..In the present study it was hypothesised that excessive platelet activation might partly contribute to this difference...
- Roles for pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating peptide (PACAP) expression and signaling in the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis (BNST) in mediating the behavioral consequences of chronic stressSayamwong E Hammack
Department of Psychology, University of Vermont, Dewey Hall 334, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Mol Neurosci 42:327-40. 2010..Moreover, we have shown that BNST PACAP as well as its cognate PAC1 receptor is substantially upregulated following chronic stress, particularly in the BNST oval nucleus where PACAP-..
- Transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation of tyrosine hydroxylase messenger RNA in PC12 cells during persistent stimulation by VIP and PACAP38: differential regulation by protein kinase A and protein kinase C-dependent pathwaysJ Corbitt
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Neuropeptides 36:34-45. 2002..Concentration-response studies revealed that PACAP38 had both greater efficacy and potency than VIP. The specific PAC1 receptor antagonist PACAP[6-38] blocked the effects of each peptide on TH mRNA content while the PACAP/VIP type II ..
- Mutations in the pale aleurone color1 regulatory gene of the Zea mays anthocyanin pathway have distinct phenotypes relative to the functionally similar TRANSPARENT TESTA GLABRA1 gene in Arabidopsis thalianaCharles C Carey
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
Plant Cell 16:450-64. 2004The pale aleurone color1 (pac1) locus, required for anthocyanin pigment in the aleurone and scutellum of the Zea mays (maize) seed, was cloned using Mutator transposon tagging...
- Cyclic AMP formation in C6 glioma cells: effect of PACAP and VIP in early and late passagesPaulina Sokolowska
Centre for Medical Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 106 Lodowa Road, Lodz 93 232, Poland
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1070:566-9. 2006..receptors, VPAC1 and VPAC2, which are equally sensitive to both peptides, while PACAP stimulates its specific PAC1-type receptors. Both peptides potently stimulate cAMP production in different biological systems...
- PAC1hop receptor activation facilitates catecholamine secretion selectively through 2-APB-sensitive Ca(2+) channels in PC12 cellsTomris Mustafa
Section on Molecular Neuroscience, Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Regulation, National Institutes of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, United States
Cell Signal 22:1420-6. 2010..We have previously cloned the bovine adrenal chromaffin cell PAC1 receptor that contains the molecular determinants required for PACAP-induced Ca(2+) elevation and is responsible ..
- [Algae removal of high algae raw water by coagulation enhanced by ozonation]Hai Long Liu
School of Environmental Sciences and Resources, Shanxi University, Taiyuan 030006, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 30:1914-9. 2009..Traditional coagulation had little effect on AA no matter the different PAC1 doses; while AA decreased clearly after ozonation. AA was lowered below 12 under 0.5-2...
- Pharmacological evidence for both neuronal and smooth muscular PAC1 receptors and a VIP-specific receptor in rat colonE Ekblad
Department of Physiological Sciences, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
Regul Pept 85:87-92. 1999..Tetraethylammonium (TEA) reduced VIP- but not PACAP-27-induced relaxations, while charybdotoxin was ineffective. Cross-desensitisation between PACAP-27, PACAP-38 and VIP could be revealed to some extent...
- Pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide and vasoactive intestinal peptide inhibit feeding in the chick brain by different mechanismsTetsuya Tachibana
Laboratory of Advanced Animal and Marine Bioresources, Graduate School of Bioresource and Bioenvironmental Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
Neurosci Lett 348:25-8. 2003..ICV co-injection of PACAP (6-38), a PAC1 receptor antagonist, attenuated the anorexigenic effect of PACAP but not VIP...
- Neurally released pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide enhances guinea pig intrinsic cardiac neurone excitabilityJohn D Tompkins
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, College of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Physiol 582:87-93. 2007..When ganglia were treated with the PAC1 antagonist PACAP6-38 (500 nM), the sEPSP evoked by 20 Hz stimulation was reduced by approximately 50% and an ..
- VIP and PACAP stimulate TSH release from the bullfrog pituitaryReiko Okada
Department of Biology, School of Education, Waseda University, Tokyo 169 8050, Japan
Peptides 28:1784-9. 2007..The PAC1-R/VPAC2-R antagonist PACAP(6-38) (10(-7) and 10(-6)M) dose-dependently suppressed the stimulatory effects of fVIP ..
- Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide inhibits food intake in mice through activation of the hypothalamic melanocortin systemLourdes Mounien
INSERM U 413, Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Neuroendocrinology, University of Rouen, Mont Saint Aignan, France
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:424-35. 2009..POMC mRNA level in the arcuate nucleus of PACAP-specific receptor (PAC1-R) knock-out mice was reduced as compared with wild-type animals. Finally, i.c.v...
- Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide type 1 (PAC1) receptor is expressed during embryonic development of the earthwormAkos Boros
Department of General Zoology, University of Pecs, Hungary
Cell Tissue Res 339:649-53. 2010..Here, we focus on detecting the stage at which PAC1 receptor (PAC1R)-like immunoreactivity first appears in germinal layers and structures, e.g...
- Persistence of duplicated PAC1 receptors in the teleost, Sparus auratusJoão C R Cardoso
CCMAR, Molecular and Comparative Endocrinology, University of Algarve, 8005 139 Faro, Portugal
BMC Evol Biol 7:221. 2007..In order to study the importance of function in the maintenance of duplicated genes, sea bream (Sparus auratus) PAC1 receptors, sequence homologues of the mammalian receptor specific for PACAP (Pituitary Adenylate Cyclase-Activating ..
- Structure of the gene encoding the murine dual specificity tyrosine-threonine phosphatase PAC1S Gerondakis
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Genomics 24:182-4. 1994..The organization of the murine PAC-1 gene suggests that the PAC-1 N-terminus, which may serve a regulatory function, has evolved as a separate domain from the C-terminal catalytic domain...
- Functional and molecular diversity of PACAP/VIP receptors in cortical neurons and type I astrocytesM Grimaldi
Laboratory of Adaptive Systems, NINDS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Eur J Neurosci 11:2767-72. 1999..with 1 microM VIP did not affect [Ca2+]i in either neurons or type I astrocytes, clearly indicating the coupling of PAC1-HOP subtype to phospholipase-C in neurons...
- Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) and PACAP-receptor type 1 expression in rat and human placentaM L Scaldaferri
Department of Internal Medicine, University of TorVergata, Rome, Italy
Endocrinology 141:1158-67. 2000..family of neuropeptides, exerts its biological action by interacting with both PACAP-selective type I receptors (PAC1) and type II receptors (VPAC1), which bind both PACAP and VIP...
- In vitro evaluation of VIP/PACAP receptors in healthy and diseased human tissues. Clinical implicationsJ C Reubi
Division of Cell Biology and Experimental Cancer Research, Institute of Pathology, University of Berne, P O Box 62, Murtenstrasse 31, CH 3010 Berne, Switzerland
Ann N Y Acad Sci 921:1-25. 2000..VPAC2 receptors are predominantly found in vessels and smooth muscles, whereas PAC1 receptors are present in the adrenal medulla...
- PAC1 null females display decreased fertilityF Jamen
CNRS UPR 9023, Centre CNRS INSERM de Pharmacologie Endocrinologie, 141 rue de la Cardonille, 34094 Montpellier, France Departamento de Bioquímica y Biología Molecular, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Alcala, E 28871 Alcala de Henares, Spain
Ann N Y Acad Sci 921:400-4. 2000We report here that PAC1 KO females display decreased fertility, whereas male fertility was normal. ICC on pituitary section showed that FSH, LH, and prolactin synthesis were not affected in KO mice...
- A constitutively active pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide (PACAP) type I receptor shows enhanced photoaffinity labeling of its highly glycosylated formY Cao
Institute of Biochemistry, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Becherweg 30, D 55099 Mainz, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1548:139-51. 2001..J. Cao, G. Gimpl, F. Fahrenholz, A mutation of second intracellular loop of pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide type I receptor confers constitutive receptor activation, FEBS Lett. 469 (2000))...
- Impairment of mossy fiber long-term potentiation and associative learning in pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide type I receptor-deficient miceC Otto
Divisions of Molecular Biology of the Cell and Experimental Pathology, German Cancer Research Center, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Neurosci 21:5520-7. 2001The pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide (PACAP) type I receptor (PAC1) is a G-protein-coupled receptor binding the strongly conserved neuropeptide PACAP with 1000-fold higher affinity than the related peptide vasoactive ..
- Identification of PAC1 receptor isoform mRNAs by real-time PCR in rat suprachiasmatic nucleusSupaporn Ajpru
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Group, GKT School of Biomedical Sciences, Kings College London, London SE1 1UL, UK
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 105:29-37. 2002..PACAP can exert its effects via VPAC1, VPAC2 and PAC1 G-protein coupled receptors. PAC1 and VPAC2, but not VPAC1, mRNA is expressed in rat SCN...
- Thrombospondin-bound integrin-associated protein (CD47) physically and functionally modifies integrin alphaIIbbeta3 by its extracellular domainTetsuro Takahiro Fujimoto
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Division of Clinical Pharmacotherapeutics, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:26655-65. 2003..The binding of ligand-mimetic antibody PAC1 to alphaIIbbeta3 was also induced in the energy-depleted platelets...
- PACAP promotes neural stem cell proliferation in adult mouse brainAlex Mercer
NeuroNova AB, Stockholm, Sweden
J Neurosci Res 76:205-15. 2004..a neuropeptide with pleiotropic effects acting through three receptors to which it has high affinity, namely, PACAP receptor 1 (PAC1), vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) receptor 1, and VIP receptor 2...
- [Prevention of delayed neuronal cell death by PACAP and its molecular mechanism]Seiji Shioda
Department of Anatomy Showa University School of Medicine, CREST of JST, Japan
Nihon Yakurigaku Zasshi 123:243-52. 2004..After the ischemia-reperfusion, both pyramidal cells and astrocytes increased their expression of PACAP receptors (PAC1-Rs). The pyramidal cells degenerated but reactive astrocytes increased their expression of PAC1-R...
- Characterization of a mammalian smooth muscle cell line that has retained transcriptional and posttranscriptional potenciesS Pasquet
Unité INSERM 441, université Bordeaux 2 Victor Segalen, Avenue du Haut Leveque, 33600 Pessac, France
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 40:133-7. 2004..like those of SM22alpha, SM calponin, and SM-MHC genes as efficiently as described previously for rat SMC lines (PAC1, A7r5, and A10). These cells can also process exogenous alpha-TM transcripts according to an SM-specific pattern...
- Cytosolic Ca2+ responses to sub-picomolar and nanomolar PACAP in pancreatic beta-cells are mediated by VPAC2 and PAC1 receptorsHiroyuki Yamada
Division of Integrative Physiology, Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Minamikawachi, Kawachi, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Regul Pept 123:147-53. 2004..b>PAC1 receptor (PAC1-R) and VPAC2 receptor (VPAC2-R) are expressed in pancreatic beta-cells and thought to be involved in ..
- Pulmonary hypertension and right heart failure in pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide type I receptor-deficient miceChristiane Otto
Division of Molecular Biology of the Cell, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Circulation 110:3245-51. 2004..To define the physiologic role of the PACAP-preferring type I receptor, PAC1, in cardiopulmonary function, we developed a mutant mouse strain lacking functional PAC1 receptors.
- Calmodulin interacts with the cytoplasmic tails of the parathyroid hormone 1 receptor and a sub-set of class b G-protein coupled receptorsMatthew J Mahon
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, 50 Blossom Street, Wellman 501, Boston, MA 02114 2696, USA
FEBS Lett 579:803-7. 2005..Fluphenazine, a calmodulin antagonist, enhances PTH-mediated accumulation of total inositol phosphates, suggesting that calmodulin regulates signaling via phospholipase C...
- Characterization of four receptor cDNAs: PAC1, VPAC1, a novel PAC1 and a partial GHRH in zebrafishErica A Fradinger
Department of Biology EAF, JAT, NMS, University of Victoria, P O Box 3020 STN CSC, Victoria, BC, Canada V8W 3N5
Mol Cell Endocrinol 231:49-63. 2005..Therefore, PACAP and GHRH have widespread, overlapping target sites suggesting a coordinated role for these hormones in evolution...
- Raloxifene-induced myeloma cell apoptosis: a study of nuclear factor-kappaB inhibition and gene expression signatureSabine Olivier
Department of Rheumatology, Center for Biomedical Integrative Genoproteomics, University of Liege, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Sart Tilman, Belgium
Mol Pharmacol 69:1615-23. 2006..g., c-myc, mip-1alpha, hgf, pac1,...) and induced the expression of a subset of genes regulating cellular cycle (e.g., p21, gadd34, cyclin G2,...)...
- Cthrc1 is a novel inhibitor of transforming growth factor-beta signaling and neointimal lesion formationRenee J LeClair
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, ME 04074, USA
Circ Res 100:826-33. 2007..Similarly, primary smooth muscle cells and PAC1 smooth muscle cells overexpressing Cthrc1 had reduced levels of phospho-Smad2/3 as well as procollagen...
- Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide is associated with schizophreniaR Hashimoto
The Osaka Hamamatsu Joint Research Center for Child Mental Development, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Mol Psychiatry 12:1026-32. 2007..Here, we provide evidence that genetic variants of the genes encoding PACAP and its receptor, PAC1, are associated with schizophrenia...
- Unconventional binding sites and receptors for VIP and related peptides PACAP and PHI/PHM: an updateJean Marc Muller
Institut de Physiologie et Biologie Cellulaires, UMR CNRS 6187, Universite de Poitiers, Pole Biologie Sante, 40 Avenue du Recteur Pineau, 86022 Poitiers Cedex, France
Peptides 28:1655-66. 2007..VPAC1 and VPAC2 share a common high affinity in the nanomolar range for VIP and PACAP; a third receptor type, PAC1, has been characterized for its high affinity for PACAP but its low affinity for VIP...
- 20S proteasome assembly is orchestrated by two distinct pairs of chaperones in yeast and in mammalsBenoît Le Tallec
CEA, iBiTecS, SBIGeM, Laboratoire du Métabolisme de l ADN et Réponses aux Génotoxiques, Gif sur Yvette, F 91191, France
Mol Cell 27:660-74. 2007..Poc1/2 and Poc3/4 form two pairs working at different stages in early 20S proteasome assembly. We identify PAC1, PAC2, the recently described PAC3, and an uncharacterized protein that we named PAC4 as functional mammalian ..
- Development of new tools for studying gene function in fungi based on the Gateway systemHadas Shafran
Department of Genomics, Agricultural Research Organization, The Volcani Center, Bet Dagan 50250, Israel
Fungal Genet Biol 45:1147-54. 2008..The other system is a high-throughput deletion construct system. These systems were tested using the PAC1 gene of Colletotrichum gloeosporioides...
- PACemakers of proteasome core particle assemblyPaula C Ramos
Departamento de Quimica, Bioquímica e Farmácia, Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia, Universidade do Algarve, Campus de Gambelas, 8000 117 Faro, Portugal
Structure 16:1296-304. 2008..Two heterodimeric chaperones, PAC1-PAC2 and PAC3-PAC4, promote the assembly of rings composed of seven alpha subunits...
- Differential regulation of CXCL12 and PACAP mRNA expression after focal and global ischemiaMonika Riek-Burchardt
Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology, Brenneckestr 6, 39118 Magdeburg, Germany
Neuropharmacology 58:199-207. 2010..Here, we studied mRNA patterns of PACAP, SDF-1 and the cognate receptors PAC1 and CXCR4 by in situ hybridization in the rat hippocampus after transient global ischemia, a rat model for ..
- VIP and PACAP effects on mouse major pelvic ganglia neuronsJohn D Tompkins
Departments of Anatomy and Neurobiology, College of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Mol Neurosci 42:390-6. 2010..Extracts from acutely isolated MPG contained transcripts for the VPAC1, VPAC2, and PAC1 receptors...
- Pac1 endonuclease and Dhp1p 5'-->3' exonuclease are required for U3 snoRNA termination in Schizosaccharomyces pombeSadeq Nabavi
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
FEBS Lett 584:3436-41. 2010..We also show that the RNase III-like endonuclease, Pac1, and the nuclear 5'-exonuclease, Dhp1p, are essential for RNA production and transcript termination, supporting a "..
- Therapeutic potential of vasoactive intestinal peptide and its receptors in neurological disordersCaitlin M White
Metabolism Unit, Laboratory of Clinical Investigation, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 9:661-6. 2010..VIP acts via three different GPCRs: VPAC1, VPAC2, and PAC1, which have been identified in various tissues, including brain, lung, kidney, gastrointestinal tract, tongue, and ..
- Quantitative analysis of Pac1/LIS1-mediated dynein targeting: Implications for regulation of dynein activity in budding yeastSteven M Markus
Biology Department, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Cytoskeleton (Hoboken) 68:157-74. 2011LIS1 is a critical regulator of dynein function during mitosis and organelle transport. Here, we investigated how Pac1, the budding yeast LIS1 homologue, regulates dynein targeting and activity during nuclear migration...
- Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide causes increased tyrosine phosphorylation of focal adhesion kinase and paxillinTerry W Moody
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Mol Neurosci 46:68-74. 2012..paxillin tyrosine phosphorylation caused by addition of PACAP-27 to NCI-H838 cells was inhibited by PACAP(6-38), a PAC1-receptor (R) antagonist...
- Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide promote the genesis of calcium currents in differentiating mouse embryonic stem cellsM Chafai
Inserm U982, IFRMP23, University of Rouen, 76821 Mont Saint Aignan, France
Neuroscience 199:103-15. 2011..transcription-polymerase chain reaction analysis showed an inversion of the expression pattern of PAC1 and VPAC1 receptors with time...
- Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide plays a key role in nitroglycerol-induced trigeminovascular activation in miceAdrienn Markovics
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, University of Pecs, Faculty of Medicine, H 7624, Pecs, Szigeti u 12, Hungary
Neurobiol Dis 45:633-44. 2012Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) and its receptors (PAC1, VPAC) are present in sensory neurons and vascular smooth muscle...
- Changes in PACAP immunoreactivity in human milk and presence of PAC1 receptor in mammary gland during lactationKatalin Csanaky
Department of Anatomy, PTE MTA Lendulet PACAP Research Group, University of Pecs, 7624 Pecs, Szigeti ut 12, Hungary
J Mol Neurosci 48:631-7. 2012..However, it is not known how PACAP levels and the expression of PAC1 receptor change during lactation...
- PACAP immunoreactivity in human malignant tumor samples and cardiac diseasesZ Szanto
Surgery Clinic, University of Pecs, Pecs, Hungary
J Mol Neurosci 48:667-73. 2012..We also labeled the PAC1 receptors in human cardiac cells. All samples showed significantly higher PACAP38-LI compared with PACAP27-LI...
- Effects of CYP-induced cystitis on PACAP/VIP and receptor expression in micturition pathways and bladder function in mice with overexpression of NGF in urotheliumBeatrice M Girard
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Mol Neurosci 48:730-43. 2012..b>PAC1, VPAC1, and VPAC2 transcript expression also exhibited differential responses in NGF-OE mice that were tissue (..
- Induction of RAGE shedding by activation of G protein-coupled receptorsVerena V Metz
Institute of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e41823. 2012..adenylyl cyclase, the oxytocin receptor (OTR) linked to phospholipase Cβ, and the PACAP receptor (subtype PAC1) coupled to adenylyl cyclase, phospholipase Cβ, calcium signaling and MAP kinases...
- The expression of PAC1 increases in the degenerative thymus and low dose PACAP protects female mice from cyclophosphamide induced thymus atrophyHuahua Zhang
Laboratory of Medical Genetics of Guangdong Medical College, Dongguan, Guangdong, PR China
Peptides 38:337-43. 2012..activating polypeptide (PACAP) is a neuropeptide with cytoprotective ability mediated by its specific receptor PAC1. In this research, firstly the thymus index and the expression of PAC1 in the normal and degenerative thymus with ..
- Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) stimulates release of somatolactin (SL)-α and SL-β from cultured goldfish pituitary cells via the PAC₁ receptor-signaling pathway, and affects the expression of SL-α and SL-β mRNAsMorio Azuma
Laboratory of Regulatory Biology, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, University of Toyama, 3190 Gofuku, Toyama 930 8555, Japan
Peptides 43:40-7. 2013..action of PACAP (10(-9)M) on SL-α and SL-β release was blocked by treatment with a PACAP-selective receptor (PAC1R) antagonist, PACAP(6-38) (10(-6)M)...
- An archaeal homolog of proteasome assembly factor functions as a proteasome activatorKentaro Kumoi
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, 3 1 Tanabe dori, Mizuho ku Nagoya, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e60294. 2013..20S proteasome is an ordered process involving several proteins operating as proteasome assembly factors including PAC1-PAC2 but archaeal 20S proteasome subunits can spontaneously assemble into an active cylindrical architecture...
- Human telomeres that carry an integrated copy of human herpesvirus 6 are often short and unstable, facilitating release of the viral genome from the chromosomeYan Huang
Department of Genetics, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK, Department of Oncology, ORCRB, University of Oxford, Old Road Campus, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7DQ, UK, Centre for Population Health Sciences, College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Teviot Place, Edinburgh, EH8 9AG, Scotland, Department of Virology, Barts Health NHS Trust, Pathology and Pharmacy Building, 80 Newark St, London E1 2ES, UK and Department of Cancer Studies and Molecular Medicine, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 42:315-27. 2014..with a single fully reconstituted direct repeat region (DR) with both terminal cleavage and packaging elements (PAC1 and PAC2)...
- B7h triggering inhibits the migration of tumor cell linesChiara Dianzani
Department of Drug Science and Technology, University of Torino, 10125 Torino, Italy
J Immunol 192:4921-31. 2014..with ICOS-Fc inhibited the development of lung metastases upon injection of NOD-SCID-IL2Rγnull mice with CF-PAC1 cells, as well as C57BL/6 mice with B16-F10 cells...
- A new point mutation in the iron-sulfur subunit of succinate dehydrogenase confers resistance to boscalid in Sclerotinia sclerotiorumYong Wang
College of Plant Protection, Nanjing Agricultural University, National Local Joint Engineering Research Center for Green Pesticide Invention and Application, Nanjing, 210095, China
Mol Plant Pathol 16:653-61. 2015..more sensitive to osmotic stress, lacked the ability to produce sclerotia and exhibited lower expression of the pac1 gene...
- Genetic blockade of the dopamine D3 receptor enhances hippocampal expression of PACAP and receptors and alters their cortical distributionR Marzagalli
Department of Biomedical and Biotechnological Sciences, Section of Human Anatomy and Histology, University of Catania, Catania 95123, Italy
Neuroscience 316:279-95. 2016..Consistently, PAC1, VPAC1 and VPAC2 IRs were variably redistributed in CX, with a general upregulation in cortical layers II-IV in ..
- VIP and PACAP analogs regulate therapeutic targets in high-risk neuroblastoma cellsMadryssa de Boisvilliers
Universite de Poitiers, Équipe Récepteurs, régulations et cellules tumorales 2RCT, Pole Biologie Sante, Bât B36 B37, UFR Sciences Fondamentales et Appliquées, 1 rue Georges Bonnet TSA, 51106 86073 Poitiers Cedex 9, France
Peptides 78:30-41. 2016..SK-NDZ and Kelly cells expressed the genes encoding the 3 subtypes of VIP and PACAP receptors, VPAC1, VPAC2 and PAC1. In parallel to its effect on MYCN expression, VIP inhibited invasion in IMR-32 and Kelly cells...
- HbS Binding to GP1bα Activates Platelets in Sickle Cell DiseaseGowtham K Annarapu
Disease Biology Laboratory, Regional Centre for Biotechnology, National Capital Region Biotech Science Cluster, Faridabad, India
PLoS ONE 11:e0167899. 2016..7 fold) and PAC1 binding (10.4 fold) in platelet surface in a concentration-dependent manner...
- Effects of VPAC1 activation in nucleus ambiguus neuronsFlorin Liviu Gherghina
Department of Pharmacology, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Craiova, Romania, UE
Brain Res . 2016The pituitary adenylyl cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) and its G protein-coupled receptors, PAC1, VPAC1 and VPAC2 form a system involved in a variety of biological processes...
- Phosphoinositide 3-kinase inhibition spares actin assembly in activating platelets but reverses platelet aggregationT J Kovacsovics
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Biol Chem 270:11358-66. 1995..Flow cytometry analysis with the PAC1 monoclonal antibody or with FITC-labeled fibrinogen indicated that wortmannin inhibited the maintenance of the ..
- Dynamics of platelet glycoprotein IIb-IIIa receptor expression and fibrinogen binding. I. Quantal activation of platelet subpopulations varies with adenosine diphosphate concentrationM M Frojmovic
Department of Physiology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Biophys J 67:2060-8. 1994..causes rapid expression of all GPIIb-IIIa receptors for fibrinogen (FgR) (< 1-3 s), measured with FITC-labeled PAC1 by flow cytometry...
- The mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatases PAC1, MKP-1, and MKP-2 have unique substrate specificities and reduced activity in vivo toward the ERK2 sevenmaker mutationY Chu
Labortory of Pathology, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 271:6497-501. 1996..These kinases are regulated by reversible phosphorylation on Tyr and Thr, and the dual specific phosphatases PAC1 and MKP-1 previously have been implicated in the in vivo inactivation of ERK or of ERK and JNK, respectively...
- Substrate structure requirements of the Pac1 ribonuclease from Schizosaccharmyces pombeG Rotondo
Department of Microbiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
RNA 3:1182-93. 1997The Pac1 ribonuclease of Schizosaccharomyces pombe is a member of the RNase III family of double-strand-specific ribonucleases...
- Expression of PACAP, and PACAP type 1 (PAC1) receptor mRNA during development of the mouse embryoW J Sheward
MRC Brain Metabolism Unit, Royal Edinburgh Hospital, Morningside Park, Edinburgh, EH10 5HF, UK
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 109:245-53. 1998..We have examined the expression of mRNA for PACAP and PACAP type 1 (PAC1) receptor in the mouse embryo by in situ hybridization and the effects of PACAP and VIP on the growth of mouse ..
- A mutation in the extracellular cysteine-rich repeat region of the beta3 subunit activates integrins alphaIIbbeta3 and alphaVbeta3H Kashiwagi
The Second Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka University Medical School, and Department of Transfusion, Osaka University Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Blood 93:2559-68. 1999..clone (AM-1) expressed constitutively active alphaIIbbeta3, as evidenced by (1) binding of soluble fibrinogen and PAC1, a ligand-mimetic antialphaIIbbeta3 antibody; and (2) fibrinogen-dependent cell aggregation...
- Induction of the PAC1-R (PACAP-type I receptor) gene by p53 and ZacE Ciani
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstr 2 10, D 80804, Munich, Germany
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 69:290-4. 1999Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptides and PAC1-R are expressed during early embryogenesis and PACAP's neurotrophic action supports a role in neuronal development...
- Domains determining agonist selectivity in chimaeric VIP2 (VPAC2)/PACAP (PAC1) receptorsE M Lutz
MRC Brain Metabolism Unit, 1 George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9JZ, UK
Br J Pharmacol 128:934-40. 19991 The VPAC2 and PAC1 receptors are closely related members of the Group II G protein-coupled receptor family...
- Bni1p regulates microtubule-dependent nuclear migration through the actin cytoskeleton in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeT Fujiwara
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine Faculty of Medicine, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 19:8016-27. 1999..They were the previously identified PAC1 and NIP100 genes, both of which are implicated in nuclear migration in S. cerevisiae...
- Pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide as a novel hypophysiotropic factor in fishA O Wong
Department of Zoology, University of Hong Kong
Biochem Cell Biol 78:329-43. 2000..Using the goldfish as a fish model, mRNA transcripts of PACAP receptors, namely the PAC1 and VPACI receptors, have been identified in the pituitary as well as in various brain areas...
- Valentina Sabino; Fiscal Year: 2016..is that the endogenous PACAP system in the extended amygdala is recruited following exposure to stress and that PAC1 receptor antagonists exert an anxiolytic-like action...
- MARGARET ANN VIZZARD; Fiscal Year: 2016..These studies examine the contributions of and interactions between the neuropeptide, PACAP, and receptor PAC1 and TRPV4 to increased voiding frequency and somatic sensitivity in NGF-OE mice...
- Bradford B Lowell; Fiscal Year: 2014..neuropeptide, PACAP) (Aim 1), 2) the receptor and neuron immediately downstream of SF1 neurons (we propose that the PAC1-receptor - the high affinity PACAP receptor - on POMC neurons is important) (Aim 2), and 3) on the afferent side of ..
- James A Waschek; Fiscal Year: 2014..In this regard, it was recently reported that the neuropeptide PACAP and its plasma membrane receptor PAC1 are linked to PTSD at both genetic and epigenetic levels...
- REGULATION OF PEPTIDE EXPRESSION IN NEURONAL CELLSVictor May; Fiscal Year: 2005..production and secretion, established the preferential high expressior of only the PACAP-selective PAC1(short)HOP1 receptor splice variant in SCG neurons and demonstrated the unique coupling of PAC1 (short)HOP1 receptor ..
- Kerry J Ressler; Fiscal Year: 2016..a tag-SNP genetic approach (44 single nucleotide polymorphisms, SNPs) spanning the PACAP (ADCYAP1) and PAC1R (ADCYAP1R1) genes, we found a sex-specific association between a single SNP (rs2267735) and fear and PTSD symptoms...
- Biomarkers for Posttraumatic Stress in Women Following a Campus Mass ShootingHolly K Orcutt; Fiscal Year: 2012..and significantly increased startle reflexes to both the danger cue (CS+) and the safety cue (CS-), while the ADCYAP1R1 receptor SNP rs2267735 demonstrated significant association with PTSD and fear conditioning in females, but not ..
- MAVIS AMITY IRWIN; Fiscal Year: 2014..Both PACAP and its G-protein coupled receptor (PAC1) are highly expressed in the olfactory bulb (OB) throughout life suggesting PACAP plays an important role in the ..
- PACAP signaling in stress and anxietyWilliam A Carlezon; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will examine PACAP antagonists, which are highly selective for PACAP (PAC1) receptors but not previously tested in stress studies, and kappa-opioid receptor (KOR) antagonists, which have ..
- William A Carlezon; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will examine classes of agents that are selective for PACAP (PAC1) receptors and VIP/PACAP (VPAC1) receptors, neither of which has been previously tested in stress studies, as well ..
- Sayamwong E Hammack; Fiscal Year: 2016..we have also recently shown that circulating PACAP levels and a unique single nucleotide polymorphism in the PAC1 receptor predict PTSD symptoms and diagnosis in women, suggesting that PACAP systems are indeed altered in anxiety ..
- FUNCTIONS OF PACAP IN OLFACTORY NEURONSMary Lucero; Fiscal Year: 2009..In three specific aims, we will determine: (1) the expression profiles of PACAP and isoforms of its receptor (PAC1) in the developing and adult OE of wild-type and PACAP ko mice with and without bulb ablation;(2) the contributions ..
- Structure and function of proteasome biogenesis associated proteins 1 and 2Erik Kish-Trier; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recently, a heterodimeric Proteasome Associated Biogenesis factor (Pba1/2 in yeast;PAC1/2 in mammals) has been discovered that acts as a 20S assembly chaperone...
- Understanding the biological activity of Cthrc1 cleavage fragmentsRENEE LECLAIR; Fiscal Year: 2010..be assessed in vitro using a collagen deposition assay in smooth muscle cells and luciferase reporter assay using PAC1 cells stably transfected with the TGF-B sensitive (CAGA) 12-Luc reporter...
- Kerry J Ressler; Fiscal Year: 2016..Genetic risk factors include polymorphisms of the ADCYAP1R1, FKBP5, DAT, BDNF, COMT, CRFR1, 5HTTLPR, RGS2, GABA2 and 5HT3R genes, novel genetic and epigenetic risk factors ..
- Charles B Nemeroff; Fiscal Year: 2016..Genetic risk factors include polymorphisms of the ADCYAP1R1, FKBP5, DAT, BDNF, COMT, CRFR1, 5HTTLPR, RGS2, GABA2 and 5HT3R genes, novel genetic and epigenetic risk factors ..
- PLATELET SUFACE ACTIVATION IN HEMOSTASIS AND THROMBOSISSANFORD SHATTIL; Fiscal Year: 1993..Third, an antigen-antibody interaction will be studies as a model for integrin-fibrinogen interactions. PAC1 is an antibody specific for activated GP IIb-IIIa and its antibody-combining site mimics GP IIb-IIIa recognition ..
- Neuroprotection by PACAP in StrokeAkira Arimura; Fiscal Year: 2003..of PACAP requires activation of astrocytes, and possibly microglia, which express the specific PACAP receptor (PAC1-R)...
- PACAP REGULATION OF NEUROGENESIS AND SURVIVALEmanuel Dicicco Bloom; Fiscal Year: 2009..2) Characterize the roles of PACAP anti-mitogenic pathway components, specifically PAC1 receptor and CDK inhibitor p57, in promoting cell cycle exit and determining cell fate using deletion mutants...
- HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS TERMINASESJoel Baines; Fiscal Year: 2007..The UL28 protein has been shown in vitro to bind Pac1 DNA (a sequence that is necessary for formation of the terminus of the short component of viral DNA)...
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION OF THE MAPK PHOSPHATASE--PAC1Ming Ming Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2003..To achieve these goals, we will study PAC1 as a model enzyme because it functions as the physiologically relevant MKP and plays an important role in the ..
- Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms of Mammalian OvulationOk Kyong Park Sarge; Fiscal Year: 2002..system for pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide (PACAP): PACAP and its receptor type 1 (PAC1)...
- The Function of Dynein in Budding YeastJohn Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2009..We discovered that LIS1/Pac1 is necessary for targeting dynein to plus ends and for dynein function...
- PKA modulation of hedgehog: a mouse medulloblastoma modelJames Waschek; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Neural Precursors: Role of NeuropeptidesJames Waschek; Fiscal Year: 2006..The work may lead to new strategies for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of brain development, degenerative diseases and brain tumors. ..
- Gene Targeting to Study Light-induced Circadian ChangesJames Waschek; Fiscal Year: 2003..Moreover, the same targeting system should have utility in investigating individual components of the clock, such as PER, CRY, BMAL and CLOCK proteins. ..
- MECHANISMS OF CUTANEOUS ACTIVE VASODILATIONDean Kellogg; Fiscal Year: 2008..2) To determine whether activation of VPAC1 and/or PAC1 receptors mediate cutaneous active vasodilation during hyperthermia...
- Role of Nonclassical Transmitters in Cardiac GangliaDonald Hoover; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- PAC1 in Signaling Apoptosis and Tumor SuppressionYuxin Yin; Fiscal Year: 2008..We have recently reported that p53 is a direct transcriptional regulator of PAC1, a dual-specific threonine and tyrosine phosphatase with stringent substrate specificity for MAP kinase...
- In vivo Regulation of Cytoplasmic DyneinXin Xiang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our third aim is to create null-mutants of several proteins in the dynein complex to study their functions in dynein regulation, and identify novel dynein regulators by cloning additional nud genes. ..
- Molecular Regulation of GABA(A) Receptor Function in AmygdalaKerry J Ressler; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding the mechanisms shared by stress and drug response is critical for understanding pathophysiology and proposing new treatments for these highly comorbid disorders. ..
- Adenylyl Cyclase Signaling in Ear Sensory EiptheliaMARIAN DRESCHER; Fiscal Year: 2009..The elucidation of these AC-mediated signal transduction pathways in inner ear sensory epithelia may allow eventual pharmacological amelioration of tinnitus, sensorinetiral deafness and vertigo. ..
- Redox-Active Agents for Pancreatic CancerRobert Dorr; Fiscal Year: 2009..The underlying clinical trial is underway and has already produced objective evidence of efficacy for this drug combination. ..
- Synaptic Plasticity and Extinction of FearKerry Ressler; Fiscal Year: 2007..Emory University and the Center for Behavioral Neuroscience provide an excellent environment for career development and training in the field of behavioral neuroscience. ..
- Traffic of catecholamine storage vesicle proteinsLaurent Taupenot; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of these studies will enhance our knowledge of catecholamine/granins storage and release during sympathetic stimulation, leading to a better understanding of neuroendocrine secretory granule biogenesis . ..
- A PR-Induced Autocrine/Paracrine Pathway in Female BrainEDE APOSTOLAKIS; Fiscal Year: 2004..the steroid-induced mechanism(s) and its major components (VMN expression pattern of membrane-bound receptors [PAC1, VPAC, VPAC2]; signaling pathway [cAMP, MAPK] by which PACAP mediates isoform-specific PR- facilitated behavior...
- Platelet Functional Genomics in Cardiovascular DiseaseMarlene Williams; Fiscal Year: 2006..By following these career goals, the candidate will eventually be able to ask pertinent questions applicable to the acute coronary syndrome and platelet function and become an independent clinical investigator. ..