Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ACKR1
Description: atypical chemokine receptor 1 (Duffy blood group)
Alias: CCBP1, CD234, DARC, DARC/ACKR1, Dfy, GPD, GpFy, WBCQ1, atypical chemokine receptor 1, Duffy antigen chemokine receptor, Duffy blood group antigen, Duffy blood group system protein, Duffy blood group, chemokine receptor, Fy glycoprotein, glycoprotein D, plasmodium vivax receptor
Publications223 found, 100 shown here
- The promiscuous chemokine binding profile of the Duffy antigen/receptor for chemokines is primarily localized to sequences in the amino-terminal domainZ H Lu
Department of Pathology, Henry Vogt Cancer Research Institute, University of Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA
J Biol Chem 270:26239-45. 1995The Duffy antigen (DARC) is a promiscuous chemokine receptor that also binds Plasmodium vivax. DARC belongs to a family of heptahelical chemokine receptors that includes specific (IL-8RA) and shared (IL-8RB) IL-8 receptors...
- Prevalence of serum antibodies to LA-1 oncoprotein, herpes simplex virus type-2 glycoprotein and human papillomavirus type 16 transactivator (E2) protein among Indian women with cervical neoplasiaB K Sharma
Institute of Cytology and Preventive Oncology, ICMR Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India
Indian J Exp Biol 36:967-72. 1998..This serological marker could be employed as a screening tool in conjunction with cytopathological screening to diagnose women harbouring LA-1 oncogene associated cervical lesions...
- Isolation and characterization of the gene encoding glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenaseM J Jeong
Division of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, Suwon, Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 278:192-6. 2000A 1.2-kb full-length cDNA sequence of a glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GPD) gene was isolated from the mushroom, Pleurotus sajor-caju...
- Histological, enzymohistochemical and biomechanical observation of skeletal muscle injury in rabbitsBin Shu
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Research Institute of Surgery, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400042, China
Chin J Traumatol 10:150-3. 2007..To explore the pathophysiological and biomechanical features of skeletal muscular injury for providing a rational basis for its treatment, prevention and rehabilitation...
- Molecular evolution of GYPC: evidence for recent structural innovation and positive selection in humansJason A Wilder
Department of Biological Sciences, Northern Arizona University, USA
Mol Biol Evol 26:2679-87. 2009GYPC encodes two erythrocyte surface sialoglycoproteins in humans, glycophorin C and glycophorin D (GPC and GPD), via initiation of translation at two start codons on a single transcript...
- Functional and biochemical analysis of the cloned Duffy antigen: identity with the red blood cell chemokine receptorK Neote
Department of Immunology, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, CA
Blood 84:44-52. 1994The Duffy blood group antigen has been postulated to be a receptor on red blood cells (RBCs) for the malarial parasite Plasmodium vivax and a promiscuous receptor for the chemokine superfamily of inflammatory proteins...
- Disruption of a GATA motif in the Duffy gene promoter abolishes erythroid gene expression in Duffy-negative individualsC Tournamille
Unité INSERM U76, GIP Institut National de la Transfusion Sanguine, Paris, France
Nat Genet 10:224-8. 1995The mRNA for the Duffy blood group antigen, the erythrocyte receptor for the Plasmodium vivax malaria parasite, has recently been cloned and shown to encode a widely expressed chemokine receptor...
- A receptor for the malarial parasite Plasmodium vivax: the erythrocyte chemokine receptorR Horuk
Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Science 261:1182-4. 1993..falciparum are the major causes of human malaria, except in sub-Saharan Africa where people lack the Duffy blood group antigen, the erythrocyte receptor for P. vivax. Duffy negative human erythrocytes are resistant to invasion by P...
- Molecular basis and PCR-DNA typing of the Fya/fyb blood group polymorphismC Tournamille
Unité INSERM U76, Institut National de Transfusion Sanguine, Paris, France
Hum Genet 95:407-10. 1995The Duffy blood group antigens are carried by the erythrocyte membrane glycoprotein gpD, which has a molecular weight of 35-45 kDa and which has been recently cloned...
- Genomic organization of the glycoprotein D gene: Duffy blood group Fya/Fyb alloantigen system is associated with a polymorphism at the 44-amino acid residueS Iwamoto
Department of Legal Medicine and Human Genetics, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Blood 85:622-6. 1995The Duffy blood group antigen has been characterized by its roles on red blood cells: as a receptor for the malarial parasites and as a promiscuous receptor for chemokine superfamily...
- Cloning of glycoprotein D cDNA, which encodes the major subunit of the Duffy blood group system and the receptor for the Plasmodium vivax malaria parasiteA Chaudhuri
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Lindsley F Kimball Research Institute, New York, NY 10021
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:10793-7. 1993..a human bone marrow cDNA library using a PCR-amplified DNA fragment encoding an internal peptide sequence of glycoprotein D (gpD) protein...
- Close association of the first and fourth extracellular domains of the Duffy antigen/receptor for chemokines by a disulfide bond is required for ligand bindingC Tournamille
INSERM U76, Institut National de la Transfusion Sanguine, 75015 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 272:16274-80. 1997..It has been demonstrated that the promiscuous chemokine binding profile of the Duffy antigen/receptor for chemokines (DARC) is given by its extracellular NH2-terminal region...
- Arg89Cys substitution results in very low membrane expression of the Duffy antigen/receptor for chemokines in Fy(x) individualsC Tournamille
INSERM U76, Institut National de la Transfusion Sanguine, Paris, France the Centre National de Référence sur les Groupes sanguins, Paris, France the Centre Régional de Transfusion Sanguine, Toulouse, France
Blood 92:2147-56. 1998The Duffy (FY) blood group antigens are carried by the DARC glycoprotein, a widely expressed chemokine receptor...
- A novel mutation in the coding sequence of the FY*B allele of the Duffy chemokine receptor gene is associated with an altered erythrocyte phenotypeN Parasol
Department of Human Genetics, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Blood 92:2237-43. 1998..protein and is also a receptor for various chemokines (thus renamed Duffy Antigen Receptor for Chemokines [DARC])...
- Emergence of FY*A(null) in a Plasmodium vivax-endemic region of Papua New GuineaP A Zimmerman
Division of Geographic Medicine, Case Western Reserve School of Medicine, 2109 Adelbert Road, Cleveland, OH 44106 4983, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:13973-7. 1999..vivax is involved in selection of this erythroid polymorphism. This mutation would ultimately compromise alpha(+)-thalassemia/P. vivax-mediated protection against severe P. falciparum malaria...
- Complex signatures of natural selection at the Duffy blood group locusMartha T Hamblin
Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Am J Hum Genet 70:369-83. 2002..These patterns may represent a more complex and previously unrecognized signature of positive selection...
- Duffy antigen facilitates movement of chemokine across the endothelium in vitro and promotes neutrophil transmigration in vitro and in vivoJanet S Lee
Medical Research Service, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System and Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
J Immunol 170:5244-51. 2003..We conclude that Duffy Ag has a role in enhancing leukocyte recruitment to sites of inflammation by facilitating movement of chemokines across the endothelium...
- A high endothelial venule-expressing promiscuous chemokine receptor DARC can bind inflammatory, but not lymphoid, chemokines and is dispensable for lymphocyte homing under physiological conditionsMasaki Kashiwazaki
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Recognition, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita 565 0871, Japan
Int Immunol 15:1219-27. 2003..A promiscuous chemokine receptor, the Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (DARC), has been implicated in the regulation of chemokine functions...
- A novel FY allele in BraziliansL Castilho
Hemocentro, UNICAMP, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Vox Sang 87:190-5. 2004..These findings highlight the importance of establishing the incidence and nature of molecular events that impact on Duffy expression in different populations...
- Structural basis for Duffy recognition by the malaria parasite Duffy-binding-like domainSaurabh Kumar Singh
Structural and Computational Biology Group, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology ICGEB, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi 110067, India
Nature 439:741-4. 2006..knowlesi and P. vivax, invade human erythrocytes exclusively through the host DARC receptor (Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines). Here we present the crystal structure of the P...
- Throwing light on DARCM Pruenster
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Brunnerstr 59, A 1230 Vienna, Austria
Biochem Soc Trans 34:1005-8. 2006..Both processes are influenced by silent chemokine receptors (interceptors), including DARC (Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines)...
- Identification of mouse Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (Darc) as a BMD QTL geneBouchra Edderkaoui
Musculoskeletal Disease Center, Jerry L Pettis Memorial VA Medical Center, and Department of Medicine and Biochemistry, Loma Linda University, California 92357, USA
Genome Res 17:577-85. 2007..genes in the QTL region; and (4) SNP analyses to identify the mouse Duffy Antigen Receptor for Chemokines (Darc) as a candidate gene for Chr 1 BMD QTL2...
- Genome-wide association with select biomarker traits in the Framingham Heart StudyEmelia J Benjamin
The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute s Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, MA, USA
BMC Med Genet 8:S11. 2007..Genome-wide association studies (GWAS) provide mechanisms to investigate the genetic contributions to biomarker variability unconstrained by current knowledge of physiological relations...
- The duffy antigen/receptor for chemokines exists in an oligomeric form in living cells and functionally antagonizes CCR5 signaling through hetero-oligomerizationAron Chakera
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, South Parks Rd, Oxford OX1 3RE, UK
Mol Pharmacol 73:1362-70. 2008The Duffy antigen/receptor for chemokines (DARC) is an unusual chemokine receptor that binds a large number of inflammatory chemokines of both the CC and CXC families with nanomolar affinity, yet it lacks the ability to signal upon ligand ..
- Lack of Duffy antigen expression is associated with organ damage in patients with sickle cell diseaseAraba Afenyi-Annan
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Transfusion 48:917-24. 2008..Therefore, the Duffy-negative genotype may be associated with more severe disease among patients with SCD...
- Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines mediates trans-infection of HIV-1 from red blood cells to target cells and affects HIV-AIDS susceptibilityWeijing He
Veterans Administration Research Center for AIDS and HIV 1 Infection, South Texas Veterans Health Care System, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Cell Host Microbe 4:52-62. 2008Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (DARC) expressed on red blood cells (RBCs) influences plasma levels of HIV-1-suppressive and proinflammatory chemokines such as CCL5/RANTES. DARC is also the RBC receptor for Plasmodium vivax...
- Gene encoding Duffy antigen/receptor for chemokines is associated with asthma and IgE in three populationsCandelaria Vergara
Department of Medicine, Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:1017-22. 2008..This variant provides an evolutionary advantage in malaria-endemic regions, because Duffy antigen/receptor for chemokines-negative erythrocytes are more resistant to infection by P. vivax...
- Reduced neutrophil count in people of African descent is due to a regulatory variant in the Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines geneDavid Reich
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Genet 5:e1000360. 2009..We confirm that rs2814778 is predictive of WBC and neutrophil count in African Americans above beyond the previously described admixture association (P = 3.8 x 10(-5)), establishing a novel phenotype for this genetic variant...
- Southeast Asian ovalocytosis is associated with increased expression of Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (DARC)I J Woolley
Department of Infectious Diseases, Monash Medical Centre and Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Immunohematology 25:63-6. 2009The Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (DARC or Fy glycoprotein) carries antigens that are important in blood transfusion and is the main receptor used by Plasmodium vivax to invade reticulocytes...
- Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (Darc) polymorphism regulates circulating concentrations of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and other inflammatory mediatorsRenate B Schnabel
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and Boston University Framingham Heart Study, 73 Mount Wayte Avenue, Framingham, MA 01702 5827, USA
Blood 115:5289-99. 2010..The strongest association was for serum MCP-1 with a nonsynonymous polymorphism, rs12075 (Asp42Gly) in DARC, the gene for Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines, a known vascular reservoir of proinflammatory cytokines (minor ..
- FY polymorphisms and vivax malaria in inhabitants of Amazonas State, BrazilSérgio Roberto Lopes Albuquerque
Hemocentro do Amazonas HEMOAM, Manaus, Brazil
Parasitol Res 106:1049-53. 2010..vivax, which is different from the previously described in African descents, as well as adaptations that could be increasing the susceptibility of human to this kind of malaria...
- Plasmodium vivax clinical malaria is commonly observed in Duffy-negative Malagasy peopleDidier Menard
Institut Pasteur de Madagascar, Unité de Recherche sur le Paludisme, Antananarivo 101, Madagascar
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:5967-71. 2010..Further studies are necessary to identify the parasite and host molecules that enable this Duffy-independent P. vivax invasion of human erythrocytes...
- Multiple interests in structural models of DARC transmembrane proteinD Smolarek
INSERM UMR S 665, Dynamique des Structures et Interactions des Macromolecules Biologiques DSIMB, 6, rue Alexandre Cabanel, 75739 Paris cedex 15, France
Transfus Clin Biol 17:184-96. 2010Duffy Antigen Receptor for Chemokines (DARC) is an unusual transmembrane chemokine receptor which (i) binds the two main chemokine families and (ii) does not transduct any signal as it lacks the DRY consensus sequence...
- Plasmodium vivax and the Duffy antigen: a paradigm revisitedO Mercereau-Puijalon
Institut Pasteur, Unité d Immunologie Moléculaire des Parasites, 28, rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Transfus Clin Biol 17:176-83. 2010The Duffy blood group antigen is the portal of entry of the Plasmodiumvivax malaria parasite into human red blood cells and the receptor for a number of CXC and CC chemokines...
- Acquired antibody responses against Plasmodium vivax infection vary with host genotype for duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (DARC)Amanda Maestre
Grupo Salud y Comunidad, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
PLoS ONE 5:e11437. 2010Polymorphism of the Duffy Antigen Receptor for Chemokines (DARC) is associated with susceptibility to and the severity of Plasmodium vivax malaria in humans. P. vivax uses DARC to invade erythrocytes...
- Fy(a)/Fy(b) antigen polymorphism in human erythrocyte Duffy antigen affects susceptibility to Plasmodium vivax malariaChristopher L King
Center for Global Health and Diseases, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:20113-8. 2011..Our results also suggest that efficacy of a PvDBP-based vaccine may differ among populations with different Fy phenotypes...
- Platelet factor 4 and Duffy antigen required for platelet killing of Plasmodium falciparumBrendan J McMorran
Australian School of Advanced Medicine, Macquarie University, Sydney, NSW 2109, Australia
Science 338:1348-51. 2012..The protective function afforded by platelets during a malarial infection may therefore be compromised in Duffy-negative individuals, who do not express Fy...
- Duffy blood group gene polymorphisms among malaria vivax patients in four areas of the Brazilian Amazon regionCarlos E Cavasini
Centro de Investigação de Microrganismos, Faculdade de Medicina de Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Av, Brigadeiro Faria Lima, 5416, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, São Paulo State 15090 000, Brazil
Malar J 6:167. 2007..vivax malaria patients from four different Brazilian endemic areas is reported, exploring significant associations between blood group variants and susceptibility or resistance to malaria...
- The human Duffy antigen binds selected inflammatory but not homeostatic chemokinesLucy Gardner
Leopold Muller Arthritis Research Centre, Institute for Science and Technology in Medicine, Medical School, Keele University at Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry, Shropshire SY10 7AG, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 321:306-12. 2004..Our study provides evidence that the human Duffy antigen binds selected inflammatory, but not homeostatic, chemokines and that this binding pattern is reflected by endothelial cells within inflamed and non-inflamed tissue...
- Purification of the integral membrane glycoproteins D of herpes simplex virus types 1 and 2, produced in the recombinant baculovirus expression system, by ion-exchange high-performance liquid chromatographyR A Damhof
Laboratorium voor Medische Microbiologie, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 676:43-9. 1994..In the present study this novel approach was applied to the purification of the integral membrane glycoprotein D of Herpes simplex virus type 1 and 2...
- [Construction of recombinant vaccinia virus expressing HSV-2 gD gene as live recombinant vaccine strain]H Yan
Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine, Beijing 100052
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 11:16-20. 1997We had reported that the recombinant vaccinia virus expressing glycoprotein D of herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2 gD) protected mice against lethal HSV-2 challenge...
- Expression of chemokines and chemokine receptors during human renal transplant rejectionS Segerer
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 37:518-31. 2001..RNA (mRNA) by in situ hybridization, as well as the chemokine receptors Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (DARC) and CCR5 protein by immunohistochemistry in renal biopsy specimens with acute cellular rejection (n = 12) and ..
- The herpes simplex virus type 1 glycoprotein D (gD) cytoplasmic terminus and full-length gE are not essential and do not function in a redundant manner for cytoplasmic virion envelopment and egressHyun Cheol Lee
Department of Pathobiological Sciences, Division of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70803 USA
J Virol 83:6115-24. 2009..To directly investigate the relative importance of the carboxyl terminus of glycoprotein D (gD) in the presence or absence of gE, a recombinant virus (gDDeltact) was constructed to specify a truncated ..
- The ectodomain of a novel member of the immunoglobulin subfamily related to the poliovirus receptor has the attributes of a bona fide receptor for herpes simplex virus types 1 and 2 in human cellsF Cocchi
Department of Experimental Pathology, Section on Microbiology and Virology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Virol 72:9992-10002. 1998..1-2 cells susceptibility to HSV-1, HSV-2, and bovine herpesvirus 1. The viral ligand of HIgR and PRR-1 is glycoprotein D, a constituent of the virion envelope long known to mediate viral entry into cells through interaction with ..
- Structure-based mutagenesis of herpes simplex virus glycoprotein D defines three critical regions at the gD-HveA/HVEM binding interfaceSarah A Connolly
Department of Microbiology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Virol 77:8127-40. 2003Herpes simplex virus (HSV) entry into cells requires the binding of glycoprotein D (gD) to one of several cell surface receptors...
- Palliative care situation in Palestinian AuthorityMousa Shawawra
Al Sadeel Society for Palliative Care for Cancer Patients, 733 Geminer St, Karkafa, Bethlehem, Palestinian National Authority, East Jesusalem
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 33:S64-7. 2011..and on private bases that are expensive and not affordable to the majority of patients, gross domestic product (GPD) per capita= 1,100 as 2007 estimates)...
- Characterization and transcriptional analysis of the promoter region of the Duffy blood group, chemokine receptor (DARC) gene in cattleT L Carvalho
Departamento de Genetica, Instituto de Biociencias, UNESP, Distrito de Rubiao Junior, Botucatu, SP 18618 000, Brazil
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 132:153-9. 2009..In order to verify whether the same human resistance occurs in bovine, the 5' flanking region of the DARC gene was isolated and characterized in Bos indicus and Bos taurus...
- Time-resolved fluorometry PCR assay for rapid detection of herpes simplex virus in cerebrospinal fluidV Hukkanen
Department of Virology, University of Turku, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
J Clin Microbiol 38:3214-8. 2000..We used PCR primers from the glycoprotein D genes of HSV type 1 (HSV-1) and HSV-2...
- Isozyme electrophoresis patterns of the liver fluke, Clonorchis sinensis from Kimhae, Korea and from Shenyang, ChinaG M Park
Department of Parasitology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 38:45-8. 2000..one locus each from six enzymes, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD), alpha-glycerophosphate dehydrogenase (GPD), 3-hydroxybutyrate dehydrogenase (HBDH), malate dehydrogenase (MDH), phosphoglucose isomerase (PGI), and ..
- Detergent extraction of herpes simplex virus type 1 glycoprotein D by zwitterionic and non-ionic detergents and purification by ion-exchange high-performance liquid chromatographyS Welling-Wester
Laboratorium voor Medische Microbiologie, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 816:29-37. 1998..Zwitterionic and non-ionic detergents were used for the extraction of recombinant glycoprotein D (gD-1) of herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) from insect cells infected with recombinant baculovirus...
- Induction of the peroxisomal glycerolipid-synthesizing enzymes during differentiation of 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Role in triacylglycerol synthesisA K Hajra
Department of Biological Chemistry and Mental Health Research Institute, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104 1687, USA
J Biol Chem 275:9441-6. 2000..to be created through the conversion of dihydroxyacetone phosphate (DHAP) by glycerophosphate dehydrogenase (GPD) to sn-glycerol 3-phosphate (GP), which is then converted by glycerophosphate acyltransferase (GPAT) to 1-acyl-GP...
- Requirement of the Lec35 gene for all known classes of monosaccharide-P-dolichol-dependent glycosyltransferase reactions in mammalsM Anand
Department of Pharmacology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9041, USA
Mol Biol Cell 12:487-501. 2001..reactions were investigated: MPD-dependent C-mannosylation of tryptophanyl residues, and glucose-P-dolichol (GPD)-dependent glucosylation of LLO. Both were found to require Lec35p...
- Immunization of cattle with recombinant Newcastle disease virus expressing bovine herpesvirus-1 (BHV-1) glycoprotein D induces mucosal and serum antibody responses and provides partial protection against BHV-1Sunil K Khattar
Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Maryland, 8075 Greenmead Drive, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Vaccine 28:3159-70. 2010..We generated two recombinant Newcastle disease viruses (NDVs) expressing the glycoprotein D (gD) of BHV-1 from an added gene. One recombinant, rLaSota/gDFL, expressed gD without any modification...
- Gemcitabine and treatment of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in relapsed or refractory elderly patients: a prospective randomized trial in AlgeriaMourad Aribi
Division of Molecular Biology, Immunology and Pathology, Toxicomed Laboratory, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Abou Bekr Belkaid University, Algeria
J Cancer Res Ther 6:41-6. 2010....
- Activation of interferon response factor-3 in human cells infected with herpes simplex virus type 1 or human cytomegalovirusC M Preston
Medical Research Council Virology Unit, Glasgow G11 5JR, Scotland
J Virol 75:8909-16. 2001..HSV-1 particles lacking glycoprotein D or glycoprotein H failed to induce ISG54-specific RNA synthesis, demonstrating that entry of virus particles ..
- Serodiagnosis of syphilis: antibodies to recombinant Tp0453, Tp92, and Gpd proteins are sensitive and specific indicators of infection by Treponema pallidumWesley C Van Voorhis
Departments of Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Clin Microbiol 41:3668-74. 2003..values: Tp0453, 100% sensitivity and 100% specificity; Tp92 (Tp0326), 98% sensitivity and 97% specificity; and Gpd (Tp0257), 91% sensitivity and 93% specificity...
- Association between Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines expression and levels of inflammation markers in sickle cell anemia patientsDanitza Nebor
UMR S_763 Inserm Université des Antilles et de la Guyane, Hôpital RICOU, CHU de Pointe a Pitre, 97159 Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe
Clin Immunol 136:116-22. 2010..plays a prominent role in the pathogenesis of sickle cell anemia (SCA) and Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (DARC) modulates the function of inflammatory processes, we analyzed the relationship between the erythrocyte DARC ..
- The Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines in acute renal failure: A facilitator of renal chemokine presentationAlexander Zarbock
Klinik und Poliklinik für Anästhesiologie und operative Intensivmedizin, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Germany
Crit Care Med 35:2156-63. 2007..Although the Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (DARC) is present in several tissues and a highly specific ligand for various chemokines, its exact role in vivo remains ..
- A gene encoding sn-glycerol 3-phosphate dehydrogenase (NAD+) complements an osmosensitive mutant of Saccharomyces cerevisiaeK Larsson
Department of General and Marine Microbiology, University of Goteborg, Sweden
Mol Microbiol 10:1101-11. 1993..for glycerol production and a strongly reduced activity of NAD(+)-dependent sn-glycerol 3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GPD), an enzyme in the glycerol-producing pathway...
- HLA-A*0201-restricted CD8+ cytotoxic T lymphocyte epitopes identified from herpes simplex virus glycoprotein DAziz Alami Chentoufi
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Immunology, Eye Institute, University of California Irvine, School of Medicine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
J Immunol 180:426-37. 2008Evidence obtained from both animal models and humans suggests that T cells specific for HSV-1 and HSV-2 glycoprotein D (gD) contribute to protective immunity against herpes infection...
- Opposing roles of murine duffy antigen receptor for chemokine and murine CXC chemokine receptor-2 receptors in murine melanoma tumor growthLinda W Horton
Department of Veteran Affairs, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Cancer Res 67:9791-9. 2007The Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (DARC) has been classified as a "silent" receptor, as it can bind CXC and CC chemokines to undergo ligand-induced receptor internalization, but is not coupled to trimeric G proteins required for ..
- Activation state of alpha4beta1 integrin on sickle red blood cells is linked to the duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (DARC) expressionMarie Claude Durpes
INSERM UMR_S763, F97159 Pointe à Pitre, Guadeloupe, France
J Biol Chem 286:3057-64. 2011..The Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (DARC) modulates the function of inflammatory processes...
- Characterization of a heparan sulfate octasaccharide that binds to herpes simplex virus type 1 glycoprotein DJian Liu
Division of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural Products, School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 277:33456-67. 2002..sulfate d-glucosaminyl-3-O-sulfotransferase isoform 3 (3-OST-3), and it provides binding sites for viral glycoprotein D (gD). Here, we report the purification and structural characterization of an oligosaccharide that binds to gD...
- Glycoprotein-D-adjuvant vaccine to prevent genital herpesLawrence R Stanberry
Department of Pediatrics and Sealy Center for Vaccine Development, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555 0351, USA
N Engl J Med 347:1652-61. 2002..An effective prophylactic vaccine would help control the spread of genital herpes...
- A monkey's tale: the origin of Plasmodium vivax as a human malaria parasiteAnanias A Escalante
Division of Parasitic Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Chamblee, GA 30341, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:1980-5. 2005The high prevalence of Duffy negativity (lack of the Duffy blood group antigen) among human populations in sub-Saharan Africa has been used to argue that Plasmodium vivax originated on that continent...
- Functional changes in a novel uracil-DNA glycosylase determined by mutational analysesE K Im
Yonsei Research Institute of Aging Science, Yonsei University, Seoul 120 749, South Korea
Mikrobiologiia 77:644-50. 2008..UDG (MjUDG), a novel monofunctional glycosylase, contains a helix-hairpin-helix (HhH) motif and Gly/Pro rich loop (GPD region), which is important for catalytic activity; it shares these features with other glycosylases such as ..
- Relationship between dose, mode of administration and effects of triiodothyronine on two hepatic responsive enzymesA Lanni
Dipartimento di Fisiologia Generale ed Ambientale, , Italy
Horm Metab Res 27:314-7. 1995..the activity of two hepatic responsive enzymes [malic enzyme (ME) and alpha-glycerophosphate dehydrogenase (alpha-GPD)] in the livers of hypothyroid rats, under conditions where different doses of T3 (1 and 2.5 micrograms/100 g b.w...
- [Correlation between childhood traumatic stress and present drug abuse: results of a nationwide survey of drug addiction rehabilitation facilities in Japan]Mitsuru Umeno
Tokyo Metropolitan Matsuzawa Hospital, 2 1 1 Kamikitazawa, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 156 0057, Japan
Nihon Arukoru Yakubutsu Igakkai Zasshi 44:623-35. 2009..a nationwide cross-sectional survey of residents and outpatients at drug addiction rehabilitation centers (DARC) in Japan. A total of 445 participants gave informed consent and completed a self-reporting questionnaire...
- J-LEAPS vaccines initiate murine Th1 responses by activating dendritic cellsP R Taylor
Northeastern Ohio Universities Colleges of Medicine and Pharmacy, Rootstown, OH 44272, United States
Vaccine 28:5533-42. 2010..Immunization of A/J or C57BL/6 mice with J-LEAPS heteroconjugates containing an epitope from the HSV-1 glycoprotein D (JgD) or an epitope from the HIV gag protein (JH) emulsified with Seppic ISA51 induced increased levels of IL-..
- Effect of vaccination route and composition of DNA vaccine on the induction of protective immunity against pseudorabies infection in pigsE M van Rooij
Department of Mammalian Virology and Immunology, Institute for Animal Science and Health, Lelystad, Netherlands
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 66:113-26. 1998..We recently showed that the vaccination with naked DNA coding for the immunorelevant glycoprotein D (gD) of pseudorabies virus (PRV) induced both antibody and cell-mediated immunity in pigs and provided ..
- Cloning of the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase gene from Pseudozyma flocculosa and functionality of its promoter in two Pseudozyma speciesBertrand Neveu
Departement de Phytologie, Centre de Recherche en Horticulture, Universite Laval, Pavillon Envirotron, Quebec, QC, Canada, G1K 7P4
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 92:245-55. 2007..In this study, we report the cloning of its gene coding for a putative glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GPD). This gene was selected on the premise that its transcripts are abundant during the growth phase of P. flocculosa...
- Biosynthesis of 3-O-sulfated heparan sulfate: unique substrate specificity of heparan sulfate 3-O-sulfotransferase isoform 5Jinghua Chen
Division of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural Products, School of Pharmacy, CB 7360, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Glycobiology 13:785-94. 2003..an antithrombin-binding site to exhibit anticoagulant activity and a binding site for herpes simplex virus 1 glycoprotein D to serve as an entry receptor for herpes simplex virus...
- Distinct intracellular localization of Gpd1p and Gpd2p, the two yeast isoforms of NAD+-dependent glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase, explains their different contributions to redox-driven glycerol productionAsa Valadi
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology Microbiology, Box 462, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
J Biol Chem 279:39677-85. 2004..cells become strictly dependent on the Gpd2p isoform of the NAD(+)-linked glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (Gpd)...
- Phosphodiesterase 4 inhibitor GPD-1116 markedly attenuates the development of cigarette smoke-induced emphysema in senescence-accelerated mice P1 strainHiroaki Mori
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 294:L196-204. 2008..To investigate whether GPD-1116 (a PDE4 inhibitor) prevents murine lungs from developing cigarette smoke-induced emphysema, the senescence-..
- Expression of multi-functional cellulase gene mfc in Coprinus cinereus under control of different basidiomycete promotersShujie Cheng
Department of Bioengineering, College of Food Science, South China Agricultural University, Tianhe, Guangzhou, China
Bioresour Technol 100:4475-80. 2009..in solid and liquid media with promoter sequences from the Lentinula edodesgpd gene, the Flammulina velutipes gpd gene and the Volvariella volvaceagpd gene...
- Improvement of salt tolerance in transgenic potato plants by glyceraldehyde-3 phosphate dehydrogenase gene transferM J Jeong
Division of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, Rural Development Administration, Suwon, Korea
Mol Cells 12:185-9. 2001In the previous experiment, we isolated and characterized glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GPD) gene of the oyster mushroom, Pleurotus sajor-caju...
- Chemokine homeostasis vs. chemokine presentation during severe acute lung injury: the other side of the Duffy antigen receptor for chemokinesAlexander Zarbock
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 298:L462-71. 2010..The Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (DARC) is thought to be involved in scavenging, transendothelial transport, and presentation of neutrophil-specific ..
- Gangliocytic paraganglioma of the duodenum: report of a case with immunocytochemical and ultrastructural investigationK W Min
Department of Pathology, Deaconess Hospital, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73112, USA
Ultrastruct Pathol 21:587-95. 1997..and ultrastructural features of the tumor indicate that gangliocytic paraganglioma of the duodenum (GPD) represents an unique tumor originating from the neuroectodermal derivative exhibiting dual phenotypic expression ..
- A point mutation in the GYPC gene results in the expression of the blood group Ana antigen on glycophorin D but not on glycophorin C: further evidence that glycophorin D is a product of the GYPC geneG Daniels
Medical Research Council Blood Group Unit, Wolfson House London, UK
Blood 82:3198-203. 1993Glycophorin C (GPC) and glycophorin D (GPD) are homologous sialoglycoproteins in the human red blood cell membrane. Both are thought to be encoded by the GPC gene (GYPC)...
- Examination of the kinetics of herpes simplex virus glycoprotein D binding to the herpesvirus entry mediator, using surface plasmon resonanceS H Willis
School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Virol 72:5937-47. 1998Previously, we showed that truncated soluble forms of herpes simplex virus (HSV) glycoprotein D (gDt) bound directly to a truncated soluble form of the herpesvirus entry mediator (HveAt, formerly HVEMt), a cellular receptor for HSV...
- Functional region IV of glycoprotein D from herpes simplex virus modulates glycoprotein binding to the herpesvirus entry mediatorA H Rux
Department of Microbiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Virol 72:7091-8. 1998b>Glycoprotein D (gD) of herpes simplex virus (HSV) is essential for virus entry and has four functional regions (I to IV) important for this process...
- Fibre size and metabolic properties of myosin heavy chain-based fibre types in rat skeletal muscleJ L Rivero
Department of Comparative Anatomy and Pathological Anatomy, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Cordoba, Spain
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 19:733-42. 1998Cross-sectional area (CSA), succinate dehydrogenase (SDH), and alpha-glycerophosphate dehydrogenase (GPD) activities were measured in single fibres of adult rat medial gastrocneminus muscle (deep region) using quantitative histochemical ..
- Glycoprotein D homologs in herpes simplex virus type 1, pseudorabies virus, and bovine herpes virus type 1 bind directly to human HveC(nectin-1) with different affinitiesS A Connolly
Department of Microbiology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Virology 280:7-18. 2001..b>Glycoprotein D (gD) is essential for receptor-mediated entry of all three viruses into cells...
- Plasmodium yoelii uses the murine Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines as a receptor for normocyte invasion and an alternative receptor for reticulocyte invasionChristine J Swardson-Olver
Department of Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523, USA
Blood 99:2677-84. 2002..previously that mice congenic for a region of chromosome 1, containing the Duffy antigen/receptor for chemokines (DARC), have different susceptibility to P yoelii infection...
- Recombinant forms of glycophorin C as a tool for characterization of epitopes for new murine monoclonal antibodies with anti-glycophorin C specificityE Jaskiewicz
Department of Immunochemistry, Ludwik Hirszfeld Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, Polish Academy of Sciences, Wroclaw, Poland
Transfus Med 12:141-9. 2002Glycophorin C (GPC) and glycophorin D (GPD) are minor but important components of human RBC membranes. They carry the high-frequency antigens Ge2, Ge3 and Ge4 of the Gerbich blood group system...
- Use of the nuclear gene glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase for phylogeny reconstruction of recently diverged lineages in Mitthyridium (Musci: Calymperaceae)Dennis P Wall
Department of Integrative Biology, University and Jepson Herbaria, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 25:10-26. 2002A portion of the nuclear gene glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase (gpd) was sequenced in 26 representatives of the paleotropical moss, Mitthyridium, and a group of 20 outgroup taxa to assess its utility for phylogenetic ..
- [Depression and associated organic pathologies, a still under-estimated comorbidity. Results of the DIALOGUE study]Silla M Consoli
Service de psychologie clinique et psychiatrie de liaison, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris
Presse Med 32:10-21. 2003..The field of comorbidity between organic pathologies and mood disorders remains insufficiently explored, whereas such comorbidities predict a more unfavorable outcome of both mood disorders and organic pathologies themselves...
- Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines and CXCL5 are essential for the recruitment of neutrophils in a multicellular model of rheumatoid arthritis synoviumEmily Smith
Department of Physiology, Medical School, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Arthritis Rheum 58:1968-73. 2008..Expression of the chemokine transporter Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (DARC) is also up-regulated in early RA...
- Human erythrocyte glycophorins: protein and gene structure analysesJ P Cartron
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité U76, Paris, France
Transfus Med Rev 6:63-92. 1992..The RBC glycophorins known as GPA, GPB, GPC, GPD, and GPE have recently been fully characterized at both the protein and the DNA levels, and these studies have ..
- Effect of triiodothyronine and thyroxine on mitochondrial alpha-glycerophosphate dehydrogenase activity and mitochondrial protein content of liver, muscle and brain of toad, Bufo melanostictusS S Dey
Department of Animal Physiology, Bose Institute, Kankurgachi, Calcutta, India
Horm Metab Res 22:418-22. 1990..Both T3 and T4 increased the alpha-GPD activity and mitochondrial protein content of liver and muscle of toad...
- Nectin-2-mediated entry of a syncytial strain of herpes simplex virus via pH-independent fusion with the plasma membrane of Chinese hamster ovary cellsMark G Delboy
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical College of Virginia at Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, 23298 0678, USA
Virol J 3:105. 2006..The factors that determine which route is taken are not clear. Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells that express glycoprotein D (gD)-binding receptors are model cells that support a pH-dependent, endocytic entry pathway for all HSV ..
- Differential expression of the duffy antigen receptor for chemokines according to RBC age and FY genotypeI J Woolley
Departments of Medicine and Pathology and the Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Transfusion 40:949-53. 2000The Duffy (Fy) blood group (also known as Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines, or DARC) may be involved in regulation of the level of circulating proinflammatory chemokines, and it is an obligatory receptor on RBCs for the human malaria ..
- CD4-independent association between HIV-1 gp120 and CXCR4: functional chemokine receptors are expressed in human neuronsJ Hesselgesser
Department of Immunology, Berlex Biosciences, Richmond, California 94804, USA
Curr Biol 7:112-21. 1997..We have shown previously that chemokine receptors including the interleukin-8 receptor B (CXCR2) and the Duffy blood group antigen are expressed on subsets of neurons in various regions of the adult nervous system.
- The activity of antioxidant enzymes and the content of uncoupling protein-1 in the brown adipose tissue of hypothyroid rats: comparison with effects of iopanoic acidN Petrovic
Institute of Physiology and Biochemistry, Faculty of Biology, University of Belgrade, Yugoslavia
Physiol Res 50:289-97. 2001..and catalase (CAT), as well as that of the mitochondrial FAD-dependent alpha-glycerophosphate dehydrogenase (alpha-GPD) in the rat interscapular brown adipose tissue (IBAT) were studied after the treatment with methimazole (MMI) for ..
- Engineered disulfide bonds in herpes simplex virus type 1 gD separate receptor binding from fusion initiation and viral entryEric Lazear
Department of Microbiology, University of Pennsylvania, 240 S 40th St, Levy Rm 233, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Virol 82:700-9. 2008b>Glycoprotein D (gD) is the receptor binding protein of herpes simplex virus (HSV) and binds to at least two distinct protein receptors, herpesvirus entry mediator (HVEM) and nectin-1...
- Structure of a core fragment of glycoprotein H from pseudorabies virus in complex with antibodyMarija Backovic
Institut Pasteur, Departement de Virologie, Unité de Virologie Structurale, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:22635-40. 2010..gH/gL can be substituted by a chimeric fusion protein gDgH, containing the receptor binding domain (RBD) of glycoprotein D fused to a truncated version of gH lacking its N-terminal domain. We report here the 2...
- Human Duffy blood group alloantigen system influences the measurement of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) in serum but not in plasmaGerard Aragones
Centre de Recerca Biomedica, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Hospital Universitari de Sant Joan, IISPV, Reus, Spain
Clin Lab 58:185-8. 2012We explored whether the Asp42Gly polymorphism (rs12075) in the DARC gene represents a confounding factor in the interpretation of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) concentration in circulating blood.
- Members of 3-O-Sulfotransferases (3-OST) Family: A Valuable Tool from Zebrafish to Humans for Understanding Herpes Simplex Virus EntryJohn Baldwin
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Midwestern University, Downers Grove, IL 60515, USA
Open Virol J 7:5-11. 2013..The binding is followed by fusion between virus envelope and cell membrane during which HSV-1 glycoprotein D (gD) interacts with a modified form of HS know as 3-O-sulfated heparan sulfate (3-OS HS)...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase gene from Penicillium expansum PE-12T Zhang
Plant Biotechnology Research Center, School of Agriculture and Biology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Genet Mol Res 12:2442-54. 2013..A phylogenetic tree based on GPD proteins showed that P. expansum is close to Aspergillus species, but comparatively distant from P. marneffei...
- A facile route to monodisperse MPd (M = Co or Cu) alloy nanoparticles and their catalysis for electrooxidation of formic acidSally Fae Ho
Department of Chemistry, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
Nanoscale 6:6970-3. 2014..9 A gPd(-1), much higher than 552.6 A gPd(-1) obtained from the 3.5 nm Pd NPs...
- Structure-function analysis of zebrafish encoded 3-OST enzyme for HSV-1 EntryVaibhav Tiwari; Fiscal Year: 2011..Subsequently, a third glycoprotein D, (gD), binds to one of its receptors...
- Robert V Schoborg; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our data demonstrate that either HSV-2 co-infection or contact between purified HSV-2 virion glycoprotein D (gD) and the host genital epithelial cell adhesion protein, nectin-1 (nec-1), induces C...
- John H Adams; Fiscal Year: 2016..Therefore, the Duffy binding protein, which binds its cognate receptor the Duffy blood group antigen, has become a leading candidate against vivax malaria with the primary focus on the cysteine-rich ligand ..
- Immune Response to P. vivax in Duffy (-) HumansRuobing Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..vivax merozoites into reticulocytes is dependent upon the expression of the Duffy antigen/receptor for chemokines (DARC) on the reticulocyte surface. Individuals lacking DARC [F(y-)J are completely resistant to infection by P...
- Development of an effective genital herpes vaccineWilliam P Halford; Fiscal Year: 2010..Most of the research has focused on the development of non-replicating HSV-2 vaccine agents such as the glycoprotein D subunit or replication-defective HSV-2 viruses. Such approaches merit consideration...
- Peter A Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2016..vivax invasion in Madagascar can occur independent of the erythrocyte's Duffy blood group antigen, we do not know if invasion is dependent or independent of the parasite's 'so-called'..
- Development of transformed lactobacilli as a microbicideRichard B Markham; Fiscal Year: 2010..A similar delivery system targeting Glycoprotein D of herpes simplex type 2 will also prevent infection with that virus, which enhances transmission of HIV-1 ..
- Immunogen design to enhance the efficacy of Plasmodium vivax vaccineJoseph Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009..mainly invades young red blood cells and is highly dependent on the human Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (DARC) protein for invasion...
- Lambda phage as a scaffold for influenza immunizationStephen Dewhurst; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will be achieved by expressing translational fusions between the major lambda phage coat protein, gpD, and the H5 hemagglutinin (HA) in insect cells, and then using this material to decorate preformed, gpD-deficient ..
- Role of Darc-Chemokine Interaction in the Trafficking of Osteoclast PrecursorsBouchra Edderkaoui; Fiscal Year: 2012..In our recent study, we have identified duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (Darc) as a BMD QTL gene in chromosome 1 which regulates BMD negatively by increasing osteoclast differentiation...
- Novel dominant-negative HSV-2 recombinant viral vaccinesFeng Yao; Fiscal Year: 2011..HSV-1 recombinant viral vaccine that is avirulent, expresses high levels of HSV-1 major antigen glycoprotein D (gD), and cannot establish latent infection in vivo...
- Kirsten Neudoerffer Kangelaris; Fiscal Year: 2016..She will study the role of a functional polymorphism in the Duffy antigen/receptor for chemokines gene (Darc -46C/C, rs2814778), prevalent in individuals of African descent, that has been associated with worse ALI outcomes ..
- Susan S Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2014..of this Program Project are to understand at the atomic level how three families of DNA repair enzymes the HhH-GPD superfamily of DNA glycosylases, the Fpg/Nei family of DNA glycosylases and the RecA-RAD51 family of recombinases, ..
- Nucleocapsid envelopment Herpes simplex virus-1Joel D Baines; Fiscal Year: 2013..For Aim 3, preliminary data support a pUL34-dependent recruitment of viral glycoprotein D (gD) to the INM and indicate that pUL34 binds immature gD, an INM membrane protein known to become ..
- Xiaoping Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2015..Nonhuman primate studies optimize dose and route for immunization using an unrelated fusion protein (HSV-2 glycoprotein D-Fc), then test whether mucosal Env-Fc-MDP followed by intramuscular Env + soluble MDP elicits protection ..
- George Scott Worthen; Fiscal Year: 2014..the availability of chemokine binding sites on the non-receptor molecules Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (DARC) and heparan sulfate proteoglycans (HSPG) for CXCL1 is determined, in part, by specific molecular forms of the ..
- Blocking immune evasion as a novel HSV vaccine approachHARVEY MICHAEL FRIEDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Aim 2 we will compare protection from glycoprotein D (gD-1 or gD-2) subunit vaccines at mucosal and epidermal sites and evaluate the impact of HSV-1 and -2 gC- and ..
- Tracy M Handel; Fiscal Year: 2014..receptors will also be investigated, specifically, the CCR5 receptor with the HIV glycoprotein gp120, and the DARC receptor with the malarial docking protein, DBP...
- Development of a Vaccine to Protect Monkeys from Herpes B Virus InfectionAnthony Griffiths; Fiscal Year: 2012..Toward this goal, we have generated a recombinant simian foamy virus (SFV) that expresses the immunogenic glycoprotein D (gD) from BV (BV gD/SFV)...
- Gary H Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2014..Four glycoproteins, gD, gB and a complex of gH/gL are essential for virus entry. Glycoprotein D, a structural component ofthe HSV envelope is necessary for the stable binding of the virus with receptors on ..
- Probing the Universality and Function of Single dsDNA Viral Packaging MotorsJames M Tsay; Fiscal Year: 2010..3. The specific roles of gpD and gpFI, proteins critical for lambda viral packaging, will be investigated...
- Molecular Mechanism of HSV Entry and SpreadDeepak Shukla; Fiscal Year: 2009..sulfate (3-OS HS) serves as a specific entry receptor for HSV type-1 by offering binding sites for envelope glycoprotein D (gD1)...
- Herpes Viral Targeting of Oral CancerRichard J Wong; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our preliminary studies have identified the differential expression of glycoprotein D (gD) HSV receptors by oral cancer cells as an important determinant of herpes oncolytic efficacy...
- Altered M. tuberculosis Mannosylation and the MacrophageLarry S Schlesinger; Fiscal Year: 2010..The cytosolic nucleotide mannose carrier GPD-mannose is an essential donor either directly or indirectly in the biosynthesis of LAM, LM, and PIMs as well as ..
- Functional role of tumor metastases suppressor gene, KAl1, in tumor progressionKounosuke Watabe; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have recently found that (i) KAI1 on tumor cells interacts with DARC on endothelial cell, (ii) the interaction of KAI1-DARC up-regulated p21 and down-regulated TBX2, (iii) this ..
- X-CHROMOSOME INACTIVATION IN OPOSSUM DEVELOPMENTPAUL SAMOLLOW; Fiscal Year: 1991..Specifically, the aims are (1) to determine the relative levels of expression of the Gpd and Pgk-A genes (encode glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase and phosphoglycerate kinase-A, respectively on the ..
- MONOCYTE ADHESION TO ATHEROMA IN GENE TARGETED MICEKlaus Ley; Fiscal Year: 2009..Some of these pro-inflammatory chemokines bind to Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (DARC)...
- TC TREATMENT FOR PRISONERS--LONG TERM OUTCOMES AND COSTSMichael Prendergast; Fiscal Year: 2002DESCRIPTION: (Applicant's Abstract) This 5-year study, proposed by the UCLA Drug Abuse Research Center (DARC) and National Development and Research Institutes, Inc...
- Immunization to Reduce Genital and Neonatal HerpesNigel Bourne; Fiscal Year: 2002..does not prevent virus replication in the genital mucosa following high titer challenge, a HSV type 2 glycoprotein D vaccine protected 39-46% of seronegative women against infection in a recent clinical trial...
- A Female Mouse Model to Study Recurrent Genital HerpesMargaret Parr; Fiscal Year: 2002..treatment with acyclovir and/or passive transfer of polyclonal HSV-2 antibody or monoclonal antibody to HSV- 2 glycoprotein D to naive mice after intravaginal infection with HSV-2 will prevent or attenuate neurological disease; Specific ..
- NearIR Photon-counting Camera for Diffuse Optical TomographyJames Christian; Fiscal Year: 2007..These CMOS Geiger photodiode (GPD) pixels digitize the incident photo-signal, which solves many of the noise issues that have limited the use of CMOS ..
- CLIENT ENGAGEMENT IN DRUG TREATMENTRobert Fiorentine; Fiscal Year: 2001..Douglas Anglin, Ph.D., Director of the UCLA Drug Abuse Research Center (DARC), will act as the primary mentor, and other scholars in psychology, sociology, and statistics at UCLA, and at DARC, ..
- ANTIGEN PRESENTING VEHICLES IN HSV AND HIV INFECTIONSThomas Merigan; Fiscal Year: 1991..We have observed a markedly enhanced presentation, in vitro, of the antigen, HSV recombinant glycoprotein D (rgD), leading to in vivo immunotherapeutic effects in recurrent herpes simplex genitalis in guinea pigs...
- Diffused Optical Tomography using Oxygen-sensitive Luminescent Contrast Agent forRAJAN GURJAR; Fiscal Year: 2007..improvements to the optical system are proposed which includes use of sensitive Geiger mode avalanche detectors (GPD) and use of correlation technique...
- Ocular Mucosal ImmunityAnthony Nesburn; Fiscal Year: 2007..mucosal ocular protection against HSV-1 was mediated by local mucosal, but not systemic immunization with HSV glycoprotein D (gD) and strong adjuvant...
- EVALUATING VOUCHER-BASED CONTINGENCIES IN A DRUG COURTMichael Prendergast; Fiscal Year: 2003The UCLA Drug Abuse Research Center (DARC) and the Matrix Institute on Addictions, in cooperation with the San Bernardino County California Drug Court (Rancho Cucamonga Division), propose a five-year study to evaluate the effectiveness of ..
- HETEROCONJUGATE VACCINES AGAINST HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUSDaniel Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2001..The T cell epitopes that are being used are from the ICP27, glycoprotein B, and glycoprotein D of HSV-1...
- DRUG ABUSE TREATMENT OUTCOMES--A TX CAREERS PERSPECTIVEM Anglin; Fiscal Year: 1999The UCLA Drug Abuse Research Center (DARC) will establish a Field Research Collaborative Center to conduct analyses on the determinants of drug treatment outcomes using DATOS, DATOS-Adolescent, and CTOS within the framework of a treatment ..
- RESEARCH CENTER--STUDIES OF DRUG DEPENDENCE & ABUSELEWIS SEIDEN; Fiscal Year: 1992The major funding and core support for the Drug Abuse Research Center (DARC) are provided by the present grant...
- DRUG ABUSE RESEARCH CENTERHENRY LEWIS; Fiscal Year: 1999..College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (COPPS) proposes the establishment of a Drug Abuse Research Center (DARC)...
- Interactions of herpes simplex virus with nectin-1 at cell junctions Claude Krummenacher; Fiscal Year: 2008..Entry of HSV is a complex molecular process. One essential step is the interaction of HSV glycoprotein D (gD) with a cellular receptor to induce fusion of the viral envelope with the plasma membrane or an endosomal ..
- Post entry roles of nectin-1 in HSV replicationSharmila Manoj; Fiscal Year: 2006..The hypothesis of this study is that interaction of viral ligand, glycoprotein D (gD), and its receptor, nectin-1 but not HVEM is required for cell-cell spread of HSV infection...
- DRUG ABUSE TREATMENT--PROCESS, OUTCOMES, & SOCIAL POLICYM Anglin; Fiscal Year: 2004..the next five years of K05 support I will continue to foster the expansion of the UCLA Drug Abuse Research Center (DARC) as its Co-Director and will pursue scientific evaluation of interventions for drug abuse and associated drug ..
- Modified lambda phage for HIV vaccine deliveryKETNA VOLCY; Fiscal Year: 2009..system permits the high copy number surface display of modified derivatives of the major lambda phage coat protein (gpD);it will be used to conduct experimental aims that will test whether specific coat modifications can enhance the ..
- Immunization to Reduce Genital and Neonatal HerpesNigel Bourne; Fiscal Year: 2009..does not prevent virus replication in the genital mucosa following high titer challenge, a HSV type 2 glycoprotein D vaccine protected 39-46% of seronegative women against infection in a recent clinical Trial...
- HEPATIC ISCHEMIA/REPERFUSION-INDUCED LUNG INJURYALEX LENTSCH; Fiscal Year: 2006..The knowledge gained from these studies will provide mechanistic explanations for new therapeutic options for acute lung injury, and may be applicable to a number of other inflammatory lung diseases. ..
- Morpholino Antisense Drugs for Hepatitis C VirusNigel Bourne; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed research, if successful, would lead to a application for Phase II funding to bring the use of PMOs into the HCV drug market and provide a well-tolerated, inexpensive alternative to current HCV treatments. ..
- LYMPHOTOXIN AB AND LIGHT CYTOKINE SYSTEMSCarl Ware; Fiscal Year: 2002..He intends to investigate the connection between LIGHT and lymphoid development, as well as viral pathogenesis, given that HVEM serves as a receptor for glycoprotein D of Herpes simplex virus type I.
- LENTIVIRUS ATTENUATION THROUGH HIGH FIDELITY REPLICATIONStephen Dewhurst; Fiscal Year: 2002..These experiments are expected to provide insight as to the potential utility of using high fidelity RT mutants to improve the safety of live-attenuated HIV vaccines. ..
- ROLE OF DUFFY GLYCOPROTEIN IN MURINE MALARIA INFECTIONSChristine Olver; Fiscal Year: 2002..yoelii susceptibility, as is seen in a congenic mouse model. The data generated from this proposal will be used to publish three manuscripts, and will form the basis for an R01 to be submitted in the third or fourth year of funding. ..
- Interaction of HSV-1 LAT Gene & Dendritic Cells FunctionLbachir BenMohamed; Fiscal Year: 2004..a)Determine if LAT modulates cytokine and chemokine secretion by DC and chemokine-receptor expression on DC, all of which are involved in migratory activity of DC. (b)Determine if LAT changes the observed migratory activity of DC. ..
- Role of proteoglycans in cocaine dependencePietro Sanna; Fiscal Year: 2004..The elucidation of the neurobiological bases for the transition from non-dependent drug use to addiction is of crucial importance for the development of novel and more effective therapeutic approaches. ..
- Vascular Function in the Framingham Third GenerationEmelia Benjamin; Fiscal Year: 2005..The combination of investigator expertise and a well-characterized multi-generational sample will provide a unique vascular function data set, and will increase the understanding of the pathophysiology of HTN and CVD. ..
- Bacteriophage gene transfer for HIV vaccine deliveryStephen Dewhurst; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., to test whether anti-phage antibodies induced after an initial immunization have an impact upon subsequent boosting with the same phage, or different/modified phage). [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Associating genetic variation to resistance to severe malaria in East AfricaDavid Reich; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Transmission-blocking vaccine for HIV-1Robert C Rose; Fiscal Year: 2010..Collectively, these studies will provide a conclusive proof-of-principle test for our proposed approach. ..
- Developing a Measure of Brain Insults In Kenyan ChildrenPenny Holding; Fiscal Year: 2004..The longer-term objective is to provide scientists in East Africa with a rigorously developed methodology for the investigation of the sequelae of brain disorders of pre-natal and peri-natal origin. ..
- Recombinant Antibodies for Neonatal HSV ProphylaxisPietro Sanna; Fiscal Year: 2005..Two type-common determinants of HSV glycoprotein D (gD), the group I and VII gD antigenic clusters eliciting protective antibody responses in experimental ..
- Role of Deiodinases in Thyroid Hormone HomeostasisAnn M Zavacki; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- MOLECULAR STUDIES OF ERYTHEMA MULTIFORMELaure Aurelian; Fiscal Year: 2004..They will also generate clinically relevant information for the diagnosis and management of HAEM patients as differentiated from those with EM caused by other pathogens or by drug sensitivity. ..
- INFLAMMATION: CORRELATES AND PROGNOSIS IN FRAMINGHAMEmelia Benjamin; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed study provides a unique opportunity to assess the prognostic importance of inflammatory markers and is likely to yield new information that will directly improve the prevention and management of CVD. ..
- HSV Immunotherapeutic VaccineDavid Koelle; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- CNS Effects of Alcohol-Gene ExpressionPietro Sanna; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Synaptic Plasticity in the BNST and Drug DependenceWalter Francesconi; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Neuroprotection and ERK activation by HSV-2 gene ICP10PKLaure Aurelian; Fiscal Year: 2007..The studies will provide significant information required for the development of ICP10PK based therapies for the treatment of acute and chronic neurodegenerative diseases that are associated with apoptosis. ..
- Modulating Lymphotoxins for Viral DefensesCarl Ware; Fiscal Year: 2009..The success of these reagents should validate this novel immunotherapeutic approach as a potential treatment for human CMV infection. ..
- Framingham: Inflammation, Genes & Cardiovascular DiseaseEmelia Benjamin; Fiscal Year: 2008..These insights will fundamentally contribute to knowledge about the pathophysiology of CVD and may lead to improved prevention, risk stratification and management of CVD. ..
- A Whole Genome Admixture Scan for Multiple SclerosisDavid Reich; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will then move to a targeted haplotype-based association study in the most interesting regions to clone new genes associated with MS. ..
- Immune Correlates of HSV-2 Disease SeverityDavid Koelle; Fiscal Year: 2007....