Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ACE
Description: angiotensin I converting enzyme
Alias: ACE1, CD143, DCP, DCP1, angiotensin-converting enzyme, CD143 antigen, angiotensin I converting enzyme (peptidyl-dipeptidase A) 1, angiotensin converting enzyme, somatic isoform, carboxycathepsin, dipeptidyl carboxypeptidase 1, dipeptidyl carboxypeptidase I, kininase II, peptidase P
Publications406 found, 100 shown here
- A novel angiotensin-converting enzyme-related carboxypeptidase (ACE2) converts angiotensin I to angiotensin 1-9M Donoghue
Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Circ Res 87:E1-9. 2000ACE2, the first known human homologue of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE), was identified from 5' sequencing of a human heart failure ventricle cDNA library...
- A genome-wide association study identifies new loci for ACE activity: potential implications for response to ACE inhibitorC M Chung
Division of Molecular Medicine, Institute of Public Health, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Pharmacogenomics J 10:537-44. 2010Because angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) activity is implicated widely in biological systems, we aimed to identify its novel quantitative trait loci for the purposes of understanding ACE activity regulation and pharmacogenetics ..
- Two putative active centers in human angiotensin I-converting enzyme revealed by molecular cloningF Soubrier
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unite 36, Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:9386-90. 1988..and several internal peptide sequences of angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE; peptidyl-dipeptidase A, kininase II; EC 188.8.131.52) purified from human kidney were used to design oligonucleotide probes...
- RAS gene polymorphisms, classical risk factors and the advent of coronary artery disease in the Portuguese populationAna I Freitas
Human Genetics Laboratory, University of Madeira, Portugal
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 8:15. 2008....
- Identification of genetic factors associated with susceptibility to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors-induced coughAntonio Grilo
Unidad de Hipertension, Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Universitario de Valme, Carretera de Cádiz S N bNeocodex, Avda, Charles Darwin, Acc A Seville, Spain
Pharmacogenet Genomics 21:10-7. 2011..However, relatively little is known about the genetic susceptibility to ACEi-induced cough in hypertensive patients...
- ACE gene insertion/deletion polymorphism in childhood idiopathic nephrotic syndromeErkin Serdaroglu
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Ege University Medical School, Izmir, Turkey
Pediatr Nephrol 20:1738-43. 2005The aim of this study was to determine the distribution of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) gene insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism, and its effects on clinical, laboratory, histological findings, treatment responses and ..
- Association of angiotensinogen gene M235T and angiotensin-converting enzyme gene I/D polymorphisms with essential hypertension in Han Chinese population: a meta-analysisLin dan Ji
Department of Biochemistry and Genetics, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, PR China
J Hypertens 28:419-28. 2010The polymorphisms of angiotensinogen (AGT) and angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) genes have been linked to increased risk of essential hypertension in multiple populations, but the results were inconsistent.
- Renin-angiotensin system gene polymorphisms and coronary artery disease in a large angiographic cohort: detection of high order gene-gene interactionChia Ti Tsai
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan, University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Atherosclerosis 195:172-80. 2007..16 genotype disequilibria exclusively found in the controls, all of which included at least two genes among AGT, ACE and AT1R genes)...
- Causal relationship of susceptibility genes to ischemic stroke: comparison to ischemic heart disease and biochemical determinantsPaul Bentley
Imperial College Cerebrovascular Research Unit, Clinical Neurosciences, Charing Cross Hospital, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e9136. 2010..Meta-analyses demonstrated positive associations with ischemic stroke for factor V Leiden Gln506, ACE I/D, MTHFR C677T, prothrombin G20210A, PAI-1 5G allele and glycoprotein IIIa Leu33Pro polymorphisms (ORs: 1.11 - 1...
- Sequence variation in the human angiotensin converting enzymeM J Rieder
University of Washington, Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Seattle 98195, USA
Nat Genet 22:59-62. 1999b>Angiotensin converting enzyme (encoded by the gene DCP1, also known as ACE) catalyses the conversion of angiotensin I to the physiologically active peptide angiotensin II, which controls fluid-electrolyte balance and systemic blood ..
- The angiotensin converting enzyme I/D polymorphism in Russian athletesI B Nazarov
Institute of Cytology of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Tikchoretski Ave 4, Saint Petersburg, 194064, Russia
Eur J Hum Genet 9:797-801. 2001The deletion (D) allele of the human ACE gene is associated with higher ACE activity than the insertion (I) allele...
- Structural details on the binding of antihypertensive drugs captopril and enalaprilat to human testicular angiotensin I-converting enzymeRamanathan Natesh
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath BA2 7AY, United Kingdom
Biochemistry 43:8718-24. 2004b>Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) plays a critical role in the circulating or endocrine renin-angiotensin system (RAS) as well as the local regulation that exists in tissues such as the myocardium and skeletal muscle...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme insertion/deletion gene polymorphic variant as a marker of coronary artery disease: a meta-analysisElias Zintzaras
Center for Clinical Evidence Synthesis, Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:1077-89. 2008Many studies have investigated the association between the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene insertion (I)/deletion (D) polymorphic variant and coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme gene polymorphism and carotid artery wall thickness: a meta-analysisFakhredin A Sayed-Tabatabaei
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Stroke 34:1634-9. 2003Many studies have investigated the association between the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism and carotid artery intima-media thickness (IMT); however, most studies were small and conducted in ..
- Bradykinin receptor gene variant and human physical performanceAlun G Williams
Centre for Cardiovascular Genetics, British Heart Foundation Laboratories, Royal Free and University College London Medical School, UK
J Appl Physiol (1985) 96:938-42. 2004..One such locus of influence is the gene for angiotensin-I converting enzyme (ACE), which exhibits a common variant [ACE insertion (I)/deletion (D)]...
- Possible synergic effect of angiotensin-I converting enzyme gene insertion/deletion polymorphism and angiotensin-II type-1 receptor 1166A/C gene polymorphism on ischemic heart disease in patients with Kawasaki diseaseRyuji Fukazawa
Department of Pediatrics, Nippon Medical School, 113 8603 Tokyo, Japan
Pediatr Res 56:597-601. 2004b>ACE I/D and AT1R 1166A/C polymorphisms are considered to comprise individual risk factors for the development of coronary disease...
- ACE I allele and eNOS G allele crosstalk may have a role in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseAarif Ahsan
Functional Genomics Unit, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi 110 007, India
Clin Biochem 37:1037-40. 2004Pulmonary hypertension, a characteristic of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) has led us to investigate polymorphisms in angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) and endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) genes.
- Reduction of pneumonia risk by an angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitor in elderly Japanese inpatients according to insertion/deletion polymorphism of the angiotensin I-converting enzyme geneTakashi Takahashi
Department of General Medicine, Kanazawa Medical University, Uchinada, Ishikawa, Japan
Am J Hypertens 18:1353-9. 2005We have reported that use of angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, which is a class of antihypertensive agent that induces cough, is an independent factor in reducing risk of pneumonia among elderly inpatients...
- Angiotensin-converting-enzyme gene polymorphisms, smoking and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseXavier Busquets
IUNICS Unitat d Investigació, University of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 2:329-34. 2007..We investigated the relationship between the insertion (I)--deletion (D) polymorphisms in the Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) gene and the risk of developing COPD in smokers by determining the distribution of the ACE ..
- Association between angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) gene I/D polymorphism frequency and plasma ACE concentration in patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathyBanu Kucukarabaci
Anadolu Kardiyol Derg 8:65-6. 2008
- ACE gene polymorphism and cardiac structure in patients with insulin resistanceFulya Akin
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Pamukkale University, Kinikli Campus, 20070 Denizli, Turkey
Mol Biol Rep 36:623-9. 2009Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) is a key enzyme in the production of angiotensin II, thus may participate in the modulation of cardiac growth...
- A propensity score-based case-control study of renin-angiotensin system gene polymorphisms and diastolic heart failureCho Kai Wu
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University College of Medicine and Hospital Yun Lin Branch, Taiwan
Atherosclerosis 205:497-502. 2009..Genotyped were: the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene insertion/deletion polymorphism; the T174M, M235T, G-6A, A-20C, G-152A and G-217A polymorphisms of the ..
- The ACE I/D polymorphism in elite Greek track and field athletesI D Papadimitriou
Laboratory of Sports Biomechanics, Aristotle University, Serres, Greece
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 49:459-63. 2009The aim of this study was to examine genetic differences among 101 elite Greek track and field athletes and a representative random control group of 181 Greek individuals, by analyzing the I/D polymorphism in exon 16 of the ACE gene.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme insertion/deletion polymorphism associated with acute respiratory distress syndrome among caucasiansZ Hu
Intensive Care Unit, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
J Int Med Res 38:415-22. 2010Studies investigating the association between angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) insertion/deletion polymorphisms and the risk of acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) report conflicting results...
- An angiotensin I-converting enzyme mutation (Y465D) causes a dramatic increase in blood ACE via accelerated ACE sheddingSergei M Danilov
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25952. 2011Angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) metabolizes a range of peptidic substrates and plays a key role in blood pressure regulation and vascular remodeling...
- The higher exercise intensity and the presence of allele I of ACE gene elicit a higher post-exercise blood pressure reduction and nitric oxide release in elderly women: an experimental studyHugo A P Santana
Programa de Pós graduação em Educação Física e Saúde, Universidade Católica de Brasília UCB, Brasilia DF, Brazil
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 11:71. 2011The absence of the I allele of the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) gene has been associated with higher levels of circulating ACE, lower nitric oxide (NO) release and hypertension...
- The two homologous domains of human angiotensin I-converting enzyme interact differently with competitive inhibitorsL Wei
Institut de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 36, Paris, France
J Biol Chem 267:13398-405. 1992The endothelial angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE; EC 184.108.40.206) has recently been shown to contain two large homologous domains (called here the N and C domains), each being a zinc-dependent dipeptidyl carboxypeptidase...
- ACE I/D gene polymorphism in primary FSGS and steroid-sensitive nephrotic syndromeFaruk Oktem
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, School of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Pediatr Nephrol 19:384-9. 2004The role of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) insertion/deletion (I/D) gene polymorphism in various renal disorders has been investigated...
- The angiotensin I-converting enzyme gene insertion/deletion polymorphism is linked to early gastric cancerMatthias P A Ebert
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectious Diseases, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Leipziger Strasse 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:2987-9. 2005The insertion/deletion polymorphism of the angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) gene has recently been linked to the pathogenesis and progression of human cancers...
- The ACE gene polymorphism is associated with the incidence of gastric cancer among H. pylori seropositive subjects with atrophic gastritisYasuyuki Goto
Department of Preventive Medicine Biostatistics and Medical Decision Making, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 6:464-7. 2005Studies of the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) I/D polymorphism have provided evidence that the D/D genotype is associated with gastric tumor progression and numbers of lymph node metastases, but not with the overall risk of gastric ..
- Association of angiotensin I-converting enzyme gene insertion/deletion polymorphism and IgA nephropathy: a meta-analysisDu Yong
Department of Nephrology, 2nd Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhe Jiang University, Hangzhou, PR China
Am J Nephrol 26:511-8. 2006The angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) gene insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism has been extensively examined for the association with immunoglobulin A (IgA) nephropathy (IgAN), however, conflicting results have occurred...
- Angiotensin converting enzyme gene polymorphisms do not predict the course of idiopathic nephrotic syndrome in Swiss childrenBernd Sasse
Institute for Clinical Pathology, Department of Pathology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Nephrology (Carlton) 11:538-41. 2006Contradictory reports exist about a correlation of angiotensin I converting enzyme (ACE) gene polymorphisms to the outcome of idiopathic nephrotic syndrome (INS) in children...
- ACE gene polymorphism in Egyptian children with idiopathic nephrotic syndromeM E Fahmy
Pediatric Department, Research Institute of Ophthalmology, Cairo, Egypt
Bratisl Lek Listy 109:298-301. 2008Idiopathic nephrotic syndrome is a common renal disease in children. ACE gene insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism has been studied as a predictor of clinical response to steroid therapy.
- Association between renin-angiotensin system gene polymorphism and essential hypertension: a community-based studyX Jiang
Department of Geriatrics, First Affiliated Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
J Hum Hypertens 23:176-81. 2009..We examined six polymorphisms in the main component genes of RAS: angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) (I/D), angiotensinogen (AGT) (A-6G, A-20C, G-217A and T174 M) and angiotensin type 1 receptor (AT1R) (A1166C)...
- Association between the angiotensin-converting enzyme (insertion/deletion) and angiotensin II type 1 receptor (A1166C) polymorphisms and breast cancer among Brazilian womenSilvana Aparecida Alves Correa
Molecular Gynaecology Laboratory, Department of Gynaecology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Rua Pedro de Toledo, 781 4th Floor, Sao Paulo, 04039 032 SP, Brazil
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 10:51-8. 2009..of the renin-angiotensin system and the development of breast cancer in a case-control study by means of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) insertion/deletion (I/D) and angiotensin II type 1 (AT( 1))-receptor A1166C polymorphisms.
- Effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme gene insertion/deletion polymorphism on steroid resistance in Egyptian children with idiopathic nephrotic syndromeMaha Saber-Ayad
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 11:111-8. 2010The presence of the deletion (D) allele in the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene has been reported as a probable genetic risk factor for idiopathic nephrotic syndrome (INS), but its role in determining resistance to steroid ..
- The I/D polymorphism of angiotensin-converting enzyme gene and asthma risk: a meta-analysisY G Zhang
Department of Respiratory Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Guoxuexiang 37, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Allergy 66:197-205. 2011The insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene has been implicated in susceptibility to asthma, but a large number of studies have reported inconclusive results...
- The hemoregulatory peptide N-acetyl-Ser-Asp-Lys-Pro is a natural and specific substrate of the N-terminal active site of human angiotensin-converting enzymeA Rousseau
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut de Chimie des Substances Naturelles, Gif Yvette, France
J Biol Chem 270:3656-61. 1995Angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) is a zinc-dipeptidyl carboxypeptidase, which contains two similar domains, each possessing a functional active site...
- Shedding of somatic angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) is inefficient compared with testis ACE despite cleavage at identical stalk sitesZ L Woodman
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch 7700, South Africa
Biochem J 347:711-8. 2000The somatic and testis isoforms of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) are both C-terminally anchored ectoproteins that are shed by an unidentified secretase...
- Genetic variation in the renin-angiotensin system and abdominal adiposity in men: the Olivetti Prospective Heart StudyPasquale Strazzullo
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Federico II University of Naples, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Ann Intern Med 138:17-23. 2003..The renin-angiotensin system is involved in adipocyte growth and differentiation and possibly in adipose tissue metabolism...
- Association of gene polymorphism with genetic susceptibility to stroke in Asian populations: a meta-analysisIndranil Banerjee
Department of Biological Sciences and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur 208016, India
J Hum Genet 52:205-19. 2007..methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), apolipoprotein E (ApoE) and angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE)...
- Polymorphisms in the ACE and PAI-1 genes are associated with recurrent spontaneous miscarriagesT Buchholz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Grosshadern Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University, 81377 Munich, Germany
Hum Reprod 18:2473-7. 2003..Fibrinolysis is tightly regulated by plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1). Endothelial PAI-1 synthesis is induced by angiotensin II, which is generated by angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE).
- The ACE gene insertion/deletion polymorphism and elite endurance swimmingGeorgios Tsianos
Department of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, 315 West Medical Building, G12 8QQ, Glasgow, Scotland
Eur J Appl Physiol 92:360-2. 2004..A variation in the human angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) gene has been identified, in which the insertion (I) variant may be associated with elite endurance performance, ..
- ACE2 gene expression is up-regulated in the human failing heartAndrew B Goulter
Pharmagene Laboratories, 2 Orchard Road, Royston, Hertfordshire, UK, SG8 5HD
BMC Med 2:19. 2004ACE2 is a novel homologue of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE). ACE2 is highly expressed in human heart and animal data suggest that ACE2 is an essential regulator of cardiac function in vivo...
- Heterogeneous distribution of angiotensin I-converting enzyme (CD143) in the human and rat vascular systems: vessel, organ and species specificityRoman Metzger
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Microvasc Res 81:206-15. 2011Angiotensin I-converting enzyme (kininase II, ACE, CD143) availability is a determinant of local angiotensin and kinin concentrations and physiological actions...
- Increased shedding of angiotensin-converting enzyme by a mutation identified in the stalk regionM Eyries
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unit 525, Faculté de Médecine Pitié Salpêtrière, 91 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 276:5525-32. 2001Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE), an enzyme that plays a major role in vasoactive peptide metabolism, is a type 1 ectoprotein, which is released from the plasma membrane by a proteolytic cleavage occurring in the stalk sequence ..
- Renin-angiotensin system gene polymorphisms: relationship with blood pressure and microalbuminuria in telmisartan-treated hypertensive patientsJ Redon
Hypertension Clinic, Hospital Clinico, University of Valencia, Spain
Pharmacogenomics J 5:14-20. 2005..The results indicate that these RAS gene polymorphisms do not affect the antihypertensive activity and renoprotection in mild-to-moderate hypertensive patients treated with telmisartan...
- Pharmacogenetic association of the angiotensin-converting enzyme insertion/deletion polymorphism on blood pressure and cardiovascular risk in relation to antihypertensive treatment: the Genetics of Hypertension-Associated Treatment (GenHAT) studyDonna K Arnett
University of Minnesota, Division of Epidemiology, Minneapolis, USA
Circulation 111:3374-83. 2005..by genetic variation in the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system, but no clinical trails have tested whether the ACE insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism modifies the association between the type of medication and multiple ..
- Influences of chymase and angiotensin I-converting enzyme gene polymorphisms on gastric cancer risks in JapanMitsushige Sugimoto
First Department of Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handayama, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, 431 3192, Japan
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:1929-34. 2006..Angiotensin II, which is generated by chymase and angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE), controls blood pressure as well as angiogenesis and cell proliferation...
- Epistatic effects of polymorphisms in genes from the renin-angiotensin, bradykinin, and fibrinolytic systems on plasma t-PA and PAI-1 levelsFolkert W Asselbergs
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Genomics 89:362-9. 2007..002) and between ACE and bradykinin B2 (p=0.003) polymorphisms on t-PA levels in females...
- The gene polymorphism of the angiotensin I-converting enzyme correlates with tumor size and patient survival in colorectal cancer patientsChristoph Rocken
Institute of Pathology, Charite University Hospital, Berlin, Germany
Neoplasia 9:716-22. 2007We studied the putative significance of angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) in colorectal cancer (CRC) biology...
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase, angiotensin-converting enzyme and angiotensinogen gene polymorphisms in hypertensive disorders of pregnancyPardeep Kumar Aggarwal
Department of Nephrology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Hypertens Res 33:473-7. 2010..the variations in genes encoding endothelial nitric oxide synthase (NOS3), angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) and angiotensinogen (AGT) in hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and the relationship between the polymorphisms ..
- RAS genes influence exercise-induced left ventricular hypertrophy: an elite athletes studyC Fatini
Unità di Genetica Medica Dpt Fisiopatol Clinica, Centro Medicina dello Sport, Universita di Firenze, Florence, Italy
Med Sci Sports Exerc 32:1868-72. 2000The association of ACE I/D polymorphism with changes in LV mass in response to physical training has been observed, but no association has been found with AT1R A1166C polymorphism...
- Levels of plasma angiotensin-(1-7) in patients with hypertension who have the angiotensin-I-converting enzyme deletion/deletion genotypeJorge E Jalil
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Medical School, Pontifica Catholic University of Chile, Marcoleta 367, Room 19, Santiago, Chile
Am J Cardiol 92:749-51. 2003In patients with hypertension who have the DD-ACE genotype (higher angiotensin-converting enzyme [ACE] activity), plasma levels of angiotensin-(1-7) are 4 times lower than in patients with the II-ACE genotype (lower ACE levels)...
- Insertion/deletion polymorphism of angiotensin I converting enzyme gene and left ventricular hypertrophy in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusPiotr Moleda
Klinika Endokrynologii, Nadciśnienia Tetniczego i Chorób Przemiany Materii PAM, ul Arkonska 4, 71 455 Szczecin, Poland
Kardiol Pol 64:959-65; discussion 966. 2006..Since the I/D polymorphism of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene influences the activity of RAA, it is likely that it could also have an impact on LVH.
- Effect of angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors on 1.25-(OH)2 D levels of hypertensive patients. Relationship with ACE polymorphismsJ L Perez-Castrillon
Departamento de Medicina Interna, Hospital Universitario Rio Hortega, Facultad de Medicina de Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain
Horm Metab Res 38:812-6. 2006The effect of angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs) on 1.25-dihydroxyvitamin D [1.25-(OH)2D] levels has not been studied. The purpose of this study is to assess the relationship between 1...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme gene 2350 G/A polymorphism is associated with left ventricular hypertrophy but not essential hypertensionMin Pan
Department of Cardiology, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, P R China
Hypertens Res 30:31-7. 2007The angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene (ACE) is one of the most studied candidate genes related to essential hypertension (EH) and left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH)...
- The D allele of angiotensin I-converting enzyme gene insertion/deletion polymorphism is associated with the severity of atherosclerosisPawel Niemiec
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
Clin Chem Lab Med 46:446-52. 2008Angiotensin II is produced primarily by angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) within atherosclerotic lesions and ACE level in plaques correlates with the severity of vessel wall damage...
- The angiotensin converting enzyme gene I/D polymorphism in Polish rowersP Cieszczyk
Institute of Physical Culture, University of Szczecin, Szczecin, Poland
Int J Sports Med 30:624-7. 2009b>Angiotensin converting enzyme gene (ACE) is the most frequent investigated gene in the context of genetic conditioning of sports-predispositions...
- Association between the angiotensin I-converting enzyme gene insertion/deletion polymorphism and endurance running speed in Japanese runnersTakuro Tobina
Graduate School of Sports and Health Science, Fukuoka University, 8 19 1 Nanakuma, Jonan ku, Fukuoka, 810 0180, Japan
J Physiol Sci 60:325-30. 2010We investigated the association between the angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) gene insertion (I)/deletion (D) polymorphism and endurance running performance in Japanese elite runners, including several Olympic athletes...
- Increased risk of myocardial infarction associated with angiotensin-converting enzyme gene polymorphism is age dependentBettina A Hamelin
Quebec Heart Institute, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Pharmacol 51:1286-92. 2011The angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene is a candidate genetic locus for coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- ACE gene insertion/deletion polymorphism has a mild influence on the acute development of left ventricular dysfunction in patients with ST elevation myocardial infarction treated with primary PCIJiri Parenica
Cardiology Department, Faculty Hospital Brno, Jihlavska 20, Brno 625 00, Czech Republic
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 10:60. 2010We evaluated the associations among angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism, ACE activity and post-myocardial infarction (MI) left ventricular dysfunction and acute heart failure (AHF) early after ..
- Association between ACE polymorphism and risk of IgA nephropathy: a meta-analysisYuan Han Qin
Department of Pediatrics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, China
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 12:215-23. 2011and objective: The effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism on risk or progression of immunoglobulin A nephropathy (IgAN) is still debated...
- Association of angiotensin-converting enzyme gene insertion/deletion polymorphism with high-altitude pulmonary oedema: a meta-analysisYue Qi
Department of Epidemiology, Capital Medical University Beijing Anzhen Hospital, Beijing Institute of Heart, Lung and Blood Vessel Diseases, Beijing, China
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 12:617-23. 2011..We aimed to assess the association between the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) I/D polymorphism and HAPE via a meta-analysis of published and unpublished data.
- The association between angiotensin-converting enzyme insertion/deletion gene variant and risk of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis: a systematic review and meta-analysisTian Biao Zhou
Department of Pediatrics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, China
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 12:624-33. 2011The association of the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) insertion/deletion (I/D) gene polymorphism with the risk of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) is still controversial...
- Lack of association between gene polymorphisms of Angiotensin converting enzyme, Nod-like receptor 1, Toll-like receptor 4, FAS/FASL and the presence of Helicobacter pylori-induced premalignant gastric lesions and gastric cancer in CaucasiansJuozas Kupcinskas
Department of Gastroenterology, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Eiveniu 2, 50009 Kaunas, Lithuania
BMC Med Genet 12:112. 2011..between the presence of gastric cancer (GC) and high risk atrophic gastritis (HRAG) and polymorphisms of genes encoding Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE), Nod-like receptor 1 (NOD1), Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) and FAS/FASL.
- The role of ACE gene polymorphism on pathogenesis of ischemic strokeTaufik Indrajaya
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Sriwijaya University Mohammad Hoesin Hospital, Indonesia
Acta Med Indones 43:152-7. 2011to describe the role of ACE gene polymorphism on pathogenesis of ischemic stroke in patients with the history of hypertension. The study was conducted in a population of Palembang city.
- ACE gene polymorphism and IgA nephropathy: an ethnically homogeneous study and a meta-analysisF P Schena
Division of Nephrology, Department of Emergency and Organ Transplantation, University of Bari, Policlinic, Bari, Italy
Kidney Int 60:732-40. 2001Conflicting results have implicated the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) D allele in the progression of renal damage in patients with IgA nephropathy (IgAN). Most of these findings have been obtained by heterogeneous studies.
- Enhanced responses of blood pressure, renal function, and aldosterone to angiotensin I in the DD genotype are blunted by low sodium intakeFrank G H van der Kleij
Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration, University Hospital, Hanzeplein 1, P O Box 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:1025-33. 2002Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) activity is increased in the DD genotype, but the functional significance for renal function is unknown...
- Hypertension after renal transplantation and polymorphism of genes involved in essential hypertension: ACE, AGT, AT1 R and ecNOSEl Essawy A Basset
Nephrology, Dialysis and Renal Transplantation Department, Hĵpital Nord, CHU de Saint Etienne, France
Clin Nephrol 57:192-200. 2002....
- Haplotypes extending across ACE are associated with Alzheimer's diseasePatrick G Kehoe
Department of Care of the Elderly, University of Bristol, The John James Building, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, UK
Hum Mol Genet 12:859-67. 2003..One of the most widely studied is the gene for angiotensin I converting enzyme (ACE )...
- Interaction between the polymorphisms of the renin-angiotensin system in preeclampsiaIoanna Bouba
Genetics Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical School, University of Ioannina, 45500, Ioannina, Greece
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 110:8-11. 2003..angiotensinogen gene (AGT), the insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism of the angiotensin-converting enzyme gene (ACE) and the A1166C polymorphism of the angiotensin II type 1 receptor gene (AT1R) by PCR...
- Association of Angiotensin-converting enzyme and angiotensinogen gene polymorphisms with preeclampsiaHyunah Choi
Department of Medicine Cardiology, Samsung Cheil Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 19:253-7. 2004We tested the hypothesis that angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) and angiotensinogen gene polymorphism influence the incidence, development and outcome of preeclampsia...
- Hypertension-related gene polymorphisms in pre-eclampsia, eclampsia and gestational hypertension in Black South African womenCandice B Roberts
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, MRC UN Pregnancy Hypertension Research Unit, Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, University of Natal, Private Bag 7, Congella, 4013 Durban, South Africa
J Hypertens 22:945-8. 2004..To examine whether polymorphisms in the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) are associated with pregnancy-related hypertensive disorders in a black South African population...
- Insertion/deletion polymorphism of the angiotensin-converting enzyme gene and preeclampsia in Japanese patientsGen Kobashi
Division of Preventive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Semin Thromb Hemost 31:346-50. 2005To clarify whether the homozygous deletion (DD) genotype of angiotensin-converting enzyme gene ( ACE) is a genetic risk factor for preeclampsia in Japanese women, we performed ACE genotyping in patients with preeclampsia and healthy ..
- ACE gene polymorphism in Turkish children with nephrotic syndromeUmit Sizmaz Celik
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Cukurova University, School of Medicine, Adana, Turkey
Ren Fail 28:401-3. 2006Since 1990, the role of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) gene polymorphism in various renal and cardiac diseases is still debated...
- Synergistic expression of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) and ACE2 in human renal tissue and confounding effects of hypertension on the ACE to ACE2 ratioShigeyuki Wakahara
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Fukui University School of Medicine, 23 3, Shimoaizuki, Eiheiji, Fukui, 910 1193, Japan
Endocrinology 148:2453-7. 2007Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) 2, a newly emerging component of the renin-angiotensin system, is presumed to be a counterregulator against ACE in generating and degrading angiotensin II...
- Reduced plasma levels of angiotensin-(1-7) and renin activity in preeclamptic patients are associated with the angiotensin I- converting enzyme deletion/deletion genotypeE P Velloso
Departamento de Fsiologia corrected Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG corrected Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 40:583-90. 2007..Angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) is a key RAS component and plays an important role in blood pressure homeostasis by generating angiotensin II (Ang ..
- Association of ACE genotype and predominantly diastolic hypertension: a preliminary studyPablo Martin Jiménez
Institute for Medical Research Mercedes y Martín Ferreyra INIMEC CONICET, Cordoba, Argentina
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 8:42-4. 2007The insertion/deletion (I/D) angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) polymorphism has been established as a cardiovascular risk factor in some populations, but the association with essential hypertension is controversial...
- Synergistic effect of renin-angiotensin system and nitric oxide synthase genes polymorphisms in pre-eclampsiaChiara Benedetto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 86:678-82. 2007..The aim of this study was to assess if interactions among different polymorphisms of the renin-angiotensin system and nitric oxide synthase are involved in the pathogenesis of pre-eclampsia...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme insertion/deletion (ACE I/D) and angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1R) gene polymorphism and its association with preeclampsia in Chinese womenHua Li
Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, China
Hypertens Pregnancy 26:293-301. 2007To investigate whether polymorphisms of angiotensin converting enzyme gene (ACE) and angiotensin II receptor type 1 gene (AT1R) are associated with etiology of preeclampsia and renal impact in women with preeclampsia.
- Association of angiotensin-converting enzyme insertion-deletion polymorphism with preeclampsiaBerivoj Miskovic
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, General Hospital Sveti Duh, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 32:339-43. 2008..The deletion genotype could be an important contributing factor for an early onset and recurrent preeclampsia...
- Association between ACE D allele and elite short distance swimmingAldo Matos Costa
Department of Sports Science, University of Beira Interior, Rua Marques d Avila e Bolama, 6201 001, Covilha, Portugal
Eur J Appl Physiol 106:785-90. 2009The influence of ACE gene on athletic performance has been widely explored, and most of the published data refers to an I/D polymorphism leading to the presence (I allele) or absence (D allele) of a 287-bp sequence in intron 16, ..
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme gene insertion/deletion polymorphism in Egyptian patients with myocardial infarctionAhmad Settin
Department of Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 10:96-100. 2009..This work aimed to test the association of the angiotensin-converting enzyme gene insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism with myocardial infarction...
- Association of angiotensin-converting enzyme intron 16 insertion/deletion polymorphism with history of foetal lossLarisa Bukreeva
Institute of Transfusion Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 10:237-40. 2009The angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) intron 16 insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism is associated with ACE activity and has been discussed as a risk factor for pre-eclampsia...
- Are polymorphisms in the ACE and PAI-1 genes associated with recurrent spontaneous miscarriages?Chelsi Goodman
CARI Reproductive Institute, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Reprod Immunol 62:365-70. 2009To determine whether the ACE D/D genotype or the combination of PAI-1 4G/4G and ACE D/D genotypes may serve as a risk factor for recurrent pregnancy loss.
- Angiotensin converting enzyme DD genotype not associated with increased risk of coronary artery disease in the Iranian populationSayed Mohammad Shafiee
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Pathophysiology 17:163-7. 2010..CAD) is of the main causes of heart failure and there is evidence supporting the association of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) gene insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism and the susceptibility to CAD...
- Lack of association between renin-angiotensin system (RAS) polymorphisms and hypertension in Tunisian type 2 diabeticsImen Arfa
Molecular Investigation of Genetic Orphan Diseases Research Unit, Institut Pasteur de Tunis, Tunisia
Tunis Med 88:38-41. 2010..RAS) components are potent candidate genes in both hypertension and diabetes namely ACE encoding the angiotensin converting enzyme and AGT encoding angiotensinogen...
- Angiotensin I-converting enzyme Gln1069Arg mutation impairs trafficking to the cell surface resulting in selective denaturation of the C-domainSergei M Danilov
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e10438. 2010Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE; Kininase II; CD143) hydrolyzes small peptides such as angiotensin I, bradykinin, substance P, LH-RH and several others and thus plays a key role in blood pressure regulation and vascular remodeling...
- Insertion/Deletion polymorphism of Angiotensin-converting enzyme as a risk factor for chronic allograft nephropathyR Fedor
Department of Surgery, Transplantation Center, Medical and Health Science Center, University of Debrecen, Debrecen, Hungary
Transplant Proc 42:2304-8. 2010Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor therapy is widely used to treat chronic allograft nephropathy (CAN), which suggests a possible role of the renin-angiotensin system in the pathologic mechanism of the disease...
- Genetic polymorphisms of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in Chinese patients with end-stage renal disease secondary to IgA nephropathyHai Dong Huang
Department of Nephrology, Xinhua Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200092, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 123:3238-42. 2010..The angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) gene insertion/deletion (I/D), the angiotensinogen (AGT) gene, M235T, the aldosterone synthase (CYP11B2) gene, C-..
- Crystal structure of the N domain of human somatic angiotensin I-converting enzyme provides a structural basis for domain-specific inhibitor designHazel R Corradi
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath BA2 7AY, UK
J Mol Biol 357:964-74. 2006..Previously we determined the structure of testis ACE (C domain); here we present the crystal structure of the N domain of sACE (both in the presence and absence of the ..
- The D-allele of the ACE polymorphism is related to increased QT dispersion in 609 patients after myocardial infarctionA Jeron
Innere Medizin II, Klinikum der Universitat Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Eur Heart J 22:663-8. 2001..Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibition has been shown to reduce QT dispersion in myocardial infarction patients...
- A meta-analysis of the angiotensin-converting enzyme gene polymorphism and restenosis after percutaneous transluminal coronary revascularization: evidence for publication biasWillem R P Agema
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am Heart J 144:760-8. 2002..Genetic association studies addressing this issue are frequently hampered by insufficient power. Therefore, we conducted a meta-analysis of this association, taking into account the possibility of publication bias...
- Purification and characterization of recombinant human testis angiotensin-converting enzyme expressed in Chinese hamster ovary cellsM R Ehlers
Center for Biochemical and Biophysical Sciences and Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Protein Expr Purif 2:1-9. 1991Enzymatically active human testis angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) was expressed in Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells stably transfected with each of three vectors: p omega-ACE contains a full-length testis ACE cDNA under the control ..
- The insertion/deletion polymorphism of the angiotensin-converting enzyme gene determines coronary vascular tone and nitric oxide activityA Prasad
Cardiology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1650, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 36:1579-86. 2000We investigated whether the insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism in the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene modulates vasomotor tone and endothelial function.
- Determination of human angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) gene polymorphisms in erectile dysfunction: frequency differences of ACE gene polymorphisms according to the method of analysisD S Kim
Department of Clinical Pathology, Chonbuk National University Medical School, South Korea
Clin Chem Lab Med 39:11-4. 2001The D polymorphism of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) gene has been found to be associated with various diseases, and ACE may also be involved in the pathogenesis of erectile dysfunction...
- Association of angiotensinogen M235T and A(-6)G gene polymorphisms with coronary heart disease with independence of essential hypertension: the PROCAGENE study. Prospective Cardiac GeneJ C Rodriguez-Perez
Research Unit, Hemodynamic Cardiology and Nephrology Services, Hospital de Gran Canaria Dr Negrin, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain
J Am Coll Cardiol 37:1536-42. 2001..AGT) gene M235T polymorphism, the variant promoter of the AGT gene A(-6)G and the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism and coronary heart disease (CHD) in native Gran Canaria Island ..
- Angiotensin converting enzyme gene insertion/deletion polymorphism in idiopathic nephrotic syndrome in Kuwaiti Arab childrenA Al-Eisa
Paediatrics Department, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Kuwait
Scand J Urol Nephrol 35:239-42. 2001b>Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) gene insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism influence the circulating and cellular levels of ACE and has been shown to be a risk factor in a number of diseases including IgA nephropathy...
- The insertion/deletion polymorphism of the ACE gene is related to insulin sensitivity in overweight womenA S Ryan
Department of Medicine, Division of Gerontology at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Diabetes Care 24:1646-52. 2001The ACE insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism has been identified as a genetic risk factor for coronary heart disease (CHD). The deletion (D) allele of the ACE gene may be associated with higher insulin sensitivity...
- ACE and angiotensinogen gene genotypes and left ventricular mass in athletesF Diet
Klinik fur Innere Medizin III, Universitat zu Koln, Joseph Stelzmann Strasse 9, 50924 Köln, Germany
Eur J Clin Invest 31:836-42. 2001..The significance of polymorphisms of genes of the renin-angiotensin system in myocardial mass in a population of athletes participating in different disciplines is not known...
- JAMES MATTHEW LUTHER; Fiscal Year: 2016..Angiotensin I converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors or angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) reduce blood pressure and cardiovascular mortality...
- Role of the Renin-Angiotensin system in placental insufficiencyEugenia Mata-Greenwood; Fiscal Year: 2013..and maternal RAS dysregulation, characterized by higher Angiotensin II, Angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) and Angiotensin II receptor 1 (AGTR1) expression...
- 2010 Angiotensin Gordon Research ConferenceKathy K Griendling; Fiscal Year: 2010..the development and latest application of angiotensin-based therapies - from the serendipitous identification of ACE inhibitors in snake venom, through AT1 receptor blockers, renin inhibitors, AT2 receptor agonists, recombinant ACE2 ..
- Vitamin D Deficiency Augments Renin-Angiotensin System Activity in ObesityAnand Vaidya; Fiscal Year: 2011..Aim 1) and RBF (Aim 2) response to AngII, consistent with diminished endogenous RAS activity akin to the effect of ACE inhibitors (Aim 3)...
- Discovery metabolite profiling of the prolyl peptidasesAlan Saghatelian; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, the application of DMP to peptidases will demonstrate the generality of this approach for the future characterization of medically relevant enzymes and signaling pathways. ..
- ACE and ACE2 in Glomerular Angiotensin Peptides MetabolismJAN ANDRZEJ WYSOCKI; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Angiotensin I converting enzyme (ACE) forms the hormone, angiotensin (ANG) II. The surplus of ANG II has been implicated in the development of diabetic kidney disease...
- NAHID JAMAL RIANON; Fiscal Year: 2014..Antihypertensive medications affecting RAS, specifically angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEI), decreased bone turnover in animals, and improved BMD in preliminary human studies...
- Genome-wide case-only study of antihypertensive drug-gene interactionsBruce M Psaty; Fiscal Year: 2010..genomic regions for each of the 4 major drug classes (600 for all 4 drug groups [diuretics, beta-blockers, ACE inhibitors, calcium antagonists])...
- Pravin C Singhal; Fiscal Year: 2014..lesions in non-HIVAN models of FGS, we hypothesize that use of these agents either alone or in combination with ACE (angiotensin I converting enzyme) inhibitors/AT1 receptor blockers will not only attenuate or prevent HIV-1-induced ..
- STATINS AND ACE INHIBITORS IN ADULTS WITH DIABETES AND COMORBID CONDITIONSDavid E Grembowski; Fiscal Year: 2010..with diabetes are for cardiovascular disease, and reducing macrovascular disease progression through statin and ACE (angiotensin-converting enzyme) inhibitor treatments is an important element of diabetes care. Aims...
- Nocturnal Hypertension and Prevention of Microalbuminuria in Type I DiabeticsMARK ELLIS MOLITCH; Fiscal Year: 2010..Yet, early pharmacological intervention with ACE inhibitors is currently recommended only after there is an indication of kidney damage, as reflected by the ..
- Kenneth E Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2015..b>Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) plays an important role in blood pressure control, and ACE inhibitors are in widespread clinical ..
- Comparative Effectiveness of ACE Inhibitors for African AmericansGBENGA GODWIN OGEDEGBE; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by the PI): ACE inhibitors are a standard treatment for hypertensive patients...
- ANGIOTENSIN II SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONBradford C Berk; Fiscal Year: 2012..angiotensin system in cardiovascular disease has been proven by the positive clinical benefits associated with ACE inhibitors and angiotensin type 1 receptor (AT1R) blockers...
- Development of the orally delivered, non-absorbable ACE inhibitor enalaprilat forELKE LIPKA; Fiscal Year: 2010..sodium sulfate (DSS) model through blockage of signaling via the inhibition of the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) in the renin-angiotensin system...
- The Renin-Angiotensin System, Inflammation and Radiation-induced Brain InjuryMichael E Robbins; Fiscal Year: 2010..3 and 4 we will test the hypothesis that inhibiting the intrinsic brain RAS using RAS blockers targeted at either ACE (ACEI), or the Ang II receptors (AT1RA and AT2RA) will ameliorate the development and progression of radiation-..
- Samuel C Dudley; Fiscal Year: 2014..A critical component of this system is angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE), which cleaves the decapeptide angiotensin I, producing the eight amino acid peptide angiotensin ..
- Novel Aspects of the Cardiac Renin-Angiotensin SystemKENNETH MELVIN BAKER; Fiscal Year: 2012..Intracellular Ang II (iAng II) synthesis in high glucose conditions is chymase, not angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) dependent. Intracellular synthesis of Ang II is completely blocked by a renin inhibitor...
- Strategies for ACE2 Amplification to Treat Diabetic Kidney DiseaseDaniel Batlle; Fiscal Year: 2012ACE2 is a type 1 integral membrane protein that shares 42% homology with the metalloprotease catalytic domains of ACE. Whereas ACE promotes the formation of angiotensin II, ACE2 promotes the degradation of angiotensin (ANG) II to ..
- CHIH CHANG KEVIN WEI; Fiscal Year: 2014..Currently, therapy with angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, which decreases angiotensin II and increases bradykinin (BK), is ineffective in a pathophysiologic LV ..
- Nancy J Brown; Fiscal Year: 2014..Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers decrease incident diabetes in clinical trials in patients with ..
- Nancy J Brown; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors reduce mortality in hypertension, heart disease and diabetes...
- University of Iowa Older Adults CERTElizabeth A Chrischilles; Fiscal Year: 2010..Under-use of certain medications like beta blockers or ACE inhibitors is also of concern...
- FRANK IRVING SCOTT; Fiscal Year: 2016..Finally, he will assess the effects of statins and ACE-inhibitors, which have known pleiotropic anti-fibrotic effects, on the incidence of post-operative SBO (AIM 3)...
- Research Centers in Minority Institutions Clinical Rese*Eve Higginbotham; Fiscal Year: 2009..IV. Define the efficacy of chronic treatment with angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors as a means to improve endothelial function in African-American hypertensives with baseline ..
- Vasopeptidases and Beta Amyloid AccumulationChristopher Eckman; Fiscal Year: 2009..For example, angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are FDA approved and widely used to treat hypertension and heart failure...
- Jerry H Gurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2014..lung disease dyad group;and (3) to assess the clinical effectiveness and safety associated with the use of ACE inhibitors/angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) and aldosterone antagonists for patients in the HF-chronic ..
- Neural Predictors and RAS Modulation of Radiation-induced Cognitive ImpairmentMichael E Robbins; Fiscal Year: 2010..clinically relevant course of WBI, and ii] determine if inhibition of the intrinsic brain RAS by administration of ACE inhibitors or Ang II type 1 receptor antagonists will modulate the structural and/or cognitive damage after 12 ..
- BRADYKININ VASCULAR INFLUENCE AND ACE INHIBITIONBEN ZIMMERMAN; Fiscal Year: 1993..its interaction with the renin-angiotensin system in the kidney and its contribution to the effect of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors is not well understood...
- Is Tissue ACE Required for Diabetic Renal Damage?Harold Franch; Fiscal Year: 2005b>Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE), a carboxyl-peptidase that converts the inactive precursor angiotensin linto the active angiotesion II, plays a crucial role in the development and progression of diabetic nephropathy...
- Balance of Angiotensin II/Angiotensin (1-1): A Target in Ischemic StrokeYanfang Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..The angiotensin (Ang) converting enzyme (ACE), Ang II and Ang AT1 receptor of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) participate in the pathophysiology of various ..
- Intrarenal Angiotensin II generation during Angiotensin II-induced hypertensionROMER ANDRES GONZALEZ-VILLALOBOS; Fiscal Year: 2013..goals of this project are to establish the importance and underlying mechanisms mediating the effects of intrarenal ACE-derived Ang II generation on the development of hypertension and renal injury while facilitating the applicant[..
- Michal Laniado Schwartzman; Fiscal Year: 2015..between the CYP4A-derived 20-HETE and the renin angiotensin system and investigate the role of endothelial ACE in 20-HETE-mediated vascular dysfunction and hypertension...
- Intrarenal Angiotensin II generation during Angiotensin II-induced hypertensionROMER ANDRES GONZALEZ VILLALOBOS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Because is known that angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) is responsible for most of Ang I conversion to Ang II in the mouse kidney, this project will take advantage of ..
- Mechanisms of action of angiotensin-II on C1 neurons.Seth D DePuy; Fiscal Year: 2010..Under pathological conditions, upregulation of the RAS, including AT1 receptors and angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE), produces a tonic activation of presympathetic neurons that can be abrogated by receptor ..
- Environmental & Genetic Risk Factors for Renal FunctionVirginia Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2009..of lead or cadmium dose with renal function decline;and 4) whether polymorphisms in the genes for ALAD, VDR, ACE, and eNOS modify or continue to modify relations of lead and/or cadmium dose with renal outcomes...
- Non-Modulation Phenotype and Vascular Dysfunction in Diabetes MellitusGordon H Williams; Fiscal Year: 2010..polymorphisms in diabetic and HBPive non-modulators;increased levels of inflammatory markers that correlate with RAAS activity;and correction of the abnormalities in the non-modulating but not other diabetics with ACE inhibition.
- New drug Vida-5 for treating chronic kidney disease progressionJinshyun Ruth Wu-Wong; Fiscal Year: 2011..Current treatments including ACE inhibitors for CKD patients mainly focus on managing symptoms and disease complications...
- Novel drug VS-105 for treatment of diabetic nephropathyJinshyun Ruth Wu-Wong; Fiscal Year: 2012..Current treatments including ACE inhibitors for CKD patients mainly focus on managing symptoms and disease complications...
- Joseph Y Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2014..In addition, the 2 classes of drugs (b-blockers and ACE inhibitors) that have been clinically found to be efficacious in congestive heart failure and ischemic heart ..
- Ahsan Husain; Fiscal Year: 2014..We show that combined ACE + chymase inhibition improves left ventricle (LV) function, decreases adverse cardiac remodeling, and markedly ..
- Prevention of Diabetic Neuropathy with ACE InhibitorsMARK ANTHONY YOREK; Fiscal Year: 2012..diabetes, or Zucker obese rats, an animal model for pre-diabetes/metabolic syndrome with Enalapril, an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, AVE7688, a vasopeptidase inhibitor, or Sitagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV)..
- Anthony Martin Gerdes; Fiscal Year: 2015..survival from myocardial infarction (MI) has improved with the use of 2-adrenergic blockers (BB) and angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEi)...
- MEETHA M MEDHORA; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have focused on a class of drugs, angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, which have been used in the clinic for many indications...
- MOLECULAR ASPECTS OF ALPORT RENAL DISEASE PROGRESSIONDOMINIC E COSGROVE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Currently the 1 in 20,000 people with the disease are treated with ACE inhibitors, dialysis, and transplant...
- Role of Retinoid Mediated Signaling in Diabetes and Cardiac RemodelingKENNETH MELVIN BAKER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Suppression of the RAS, using angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors (ACEI) and AT1R blockers (ARBS), has been shown to reduce cardiovascular events...
- ANA CATHERINE RICARDO; Fiscal Year: 2016..g., ACE- inhibitors) or lifestyle interventions (e.g., exercise)...
- Longitudinal C-Reactive Protein Levels and Outcomes in Hemodialysis PatientsJONATHAN WILLIAM BAZELEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..following treatments lower CRP levels: medications including vitamin D analogues, angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE ) inhibitors, angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs), and aspirin;and dialysis treatments including longer treatment ..
- Management and Outcomes of Heart Failure with Preserved Systolic FunctionAlan S Go; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., ACE inhibitors, beta-blockers, and aldosterone receptor antagonists) that have been proven to be beneficial for ..
- Development of ACE Inhibitor as Countermeasure for Radiation-Induced Lung InjuryMEETHA M MEDHORA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specifically we propose to accelerate development of FDA-approved Angiotensin Converting Enzyme inhibitors (ACEi), captopril, enalapril or fosinopril for safe and effective mitigation and treatment...
- Gang Fang; Fiscal Year: 2014..b>ACE inhibitors are one of the recommended preventive therapies after AMI...
- Impact of New Technologies on Chronic Heart Failure Outcomes and Costs in the VHAPeter W Groeneveld; Fiscal Year: 2013..While some technologies such as ACE- inhibitors currently are used in almost all veterans with CHF, devices and beta-blockers are not yet used in all ..
- ACE Inhibition and Cardiac Allograft VasculopathyWilliam F Fearon; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors are used in less than one half of transplant recipients...
- Systems Biology of Anionic Drug and Metabolite HandlingSanjay K Nigam; Fiscal Year: 2012Many commonly prescribed anionic drugs (eg. antibiotics, diuretics, ACE inhibitors, NSAIDs) as well as disease-associated metabolites are organic anions that are excreted as a result of transport by the proximal tubule of the kidney...
- Rachel Gold; Fiscal Year: 2014..Adults with DM and other risk factors who take aspirin, statins, and ACE Inhibitors can reduce their risk of cardiovascular events by as much as 40%;the proposed study will adapt ..
- ACE Inhibition and Novel Cardiovascular Risk FactorsMarco Pahor; Fiscal Year: 2004b>Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors (ACE inhibitors) may prevent cardiovascular events in high risk persons and improve skeletal muscle function in heart failure patients by means of mechanisms that are independent of blood pressure ..
- Anisotropic Reinforcement to Improve Post-Infarction LV FunctionJeffrey W Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2013..Although drugs such as angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors can help reduce post-infarction remodeling, the risk of developing heart failure ..
- Labeled inhibitors for angiotensin converting enzymeJohn Babich; Fiscal Year: 2004..Large clinical trials using angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors have proven to reduce the risk of morbidity and mortality in patients with coronary artery disease and ..
- ACE inhibitor and prevention of diabetic retinopathyJinzhong Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2004Several clinical studies have detected an unexpected inhibition of diabetic retinopathy by ACE (angiotensin-converting enzyme) inhibitors, and the mechanism for this action is unclear...
- Prevention of Diabetic Neuropathy with ACE InhibitorsMark Yorek; Fiscal Year: 2007..or Zucker Diabetic Fatty (ZDF) rats, an animal model for Type II diabetes, with Enalapril, an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, or AVE7688, a vasopeptidase inhibitor, which inhibits both ACE and neutral ..
- Genetic determinants of aldosterone escape in heart failureLarisa Cavallari; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are cornerstone therapy to suppress the RAAS;however, aldosterone levels rise in a ..
- Maximize RAS Blockade in Diabetic NephropathyTimothy Meyer; Fiscal Year: 2003Blockade of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) by inhibition of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) reduces proteinuria and slows loss of renal function in patients with diabetic nephropathy...
- ANGIOTENSIN II--AN INTRAOVARIAN REGULATORY PEPTIDEAhsan Husain; Fiscal Year: 1992..the secretion of estradiol-17 beta from the rat ovary; and 2) that both Ang II and angiotensin I converting enzyme (ACE) are present in the rat ovary...
- SEPARATE ACTIVE DOMAINS OF ANGIOTENSIN CONVERTING ENZYMEERVIN ERDOS; Fiscal Year: 2000DESCRIPTION: (Adapted from the Applicant's Abstract) Angiotensin I-converting enzyme (kininase II; ACE) has two active centers in two homologous domains, named N- or C- domain according to their position in the sequence...
- EXPRESSION OF ACE IN SHEAR STRESSED ENDOTHELIAL CELLSKAREN FRASIER SCOTT; Fiscal Year: 1990..We propose that angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) plays a pivotal role in the modulation of vascular wall tonus, and that the expression and activity of this enzyme ..
- ACE GENOTYPE, BP, AND EXERCISE TRAINING IN HYPERTENSIVESJAMES HAGBERG; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our preliminary data suggest that angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) gentoype affects the systolic and diastolic BP reductions that occur in hypertensives with ..
- Hypertension and Collagen: Effect of Ac-SDKPNour Eddine Rhaleb; Fiscal Year: 2010..Blocking angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) decreases angiotensin II (Ang II) and increases kinins, leading to decreased cardiovascular inflammation, ..
- ACE2 as a target for pulmonary hypertension therapeuticsMOHAN K contact RAIZADA; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) is the key enzyme of the renin-angiotensin system present in endothelial cells...
- Angiotensin and NeurodegenerationPATRICIA SONSALLA; Fiscal Year: 2009..Inhibition of the brain angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE), the activity of which is elevated in the cerebrospinal fluid of PD patients, is documented to ..
- CLEAVAGE-SECRETION OF ANGIOTENSIN-CONVERTING ENZYMEIndira Sen; Fiscal Year: 2003DESCRIPTION (Adapted from the application): Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) is a key component of the renin-angiotensin system that regulates blood pressure...
- THE RENAL-SPECIFIC EXPRESSION OF ACEKenneth Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our group has created mice that lack ACE. These animals have very low systolic blood pressures and are unable to effectively concentrate urine...
- Impact of statins and ACE inhibitors on outcomes for pneumonia and sepsisEric Mortensen; Fiscal Year: 2009..may lead to septic shock or acute respiratory distress syndrome, and several common medications including statins, ACE inhibitors, and angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) have been demonstrated to reduce systemic inflammation due to ..
- Absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion (ADME) of chemicals in mammalsRochelle W Tyl; Fiscal Year: 2009..During the current year, studies on 1,3-dichloro-2-propanol (DCP), dimethylamineborane (DMAB), 2-methoxy-4-nitroaniline (MNA), and n-butylparaben (BPB) were undertaken while ..
- NUCLEIC ACID CODING FOR THE HUMAN TESTICULAR ANGIOTENSIN CONVERSION ENZYME (ECA) AND ITS APPLICATIONS, IN PARTICULAR FOR THE IN VITRO DETECTION OF SAID ENZYME IN THE ORGANISMPatent Number: WO9100354-A1; Date:1991-01-10