Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ABCC5
Description: ATP binding cassette subfamily C member 5
Alias: ABC33, EST277145, MOAT-C, MOATC, MRP5, SMRP, pABC11, multidrug resistance-associated protein 5, ATP-binding cassette, sub-family C (CFTR/MRP), member 5, canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter C, multi-specific organic anion transporter C
Publications184 found, 100 shown here
- Modulatory effects of plant phenols on human multidrug-resistance proteins 1, 4 and 5 (ABCC1, 4 and 5)Chung Pu Wu
Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge, UK
FEBS J 272:4725-40. 2005..resveratrol, naringenin, daidzein and hesperetin with the multidrug-resistance-associated proteins, MRP1, MRP4 and MRP5. At nontoxic concentrations, several of the polyphenols were able to modulate MRP1-, MRP4- and MRP5-mediated drug ..
- Characterization of MOAT-C and MOAT-D, new members of the MRP/cMOAT subfamily of transporter proteinsM G Belinsky
Division of Medical Sciences, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 90:1735-41. 1998..To further define the MRP/cMOAT subfamily of transporters, we used EST probes to isolate complementary DNAs for two related transporter proteins, MOAT-C and MOAT-D...
- pABC11 (also known as MOAT-C and MRP5), a member of the ABC family of proteins, has anion transporter activity but does not confer multidrug resistance when overexpressed in human embryonic kidney 293 cellsM A McAleer
Yamanouchi Research Institute, Littlemore Park, Armstrong Road, Oxford OX4 4SX, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 274:23541-8. 1999..A novel member of this gene family, designated pABC11, has been identified using degenerate polymerase chain reaction...
- Multidrug-resistance protein 5 is a multispecific organic anion transporter able to transport nucleotide analogsJ Wijnholds
Division of Molecular Biology and Center for Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:7476-81. 2000..The MRP subfamily consists of at least six members, and here we report the functional characterization of human MRP5. We found resistance against the thiopurine anticancer drugs, 6-mercaptopurine (6-MP) and thioguanine, and the anti-..
- The multidrug resistance protein 5 functions as an ATP-dependent export pump for cyclic nucleotidesG Jedlitschky
Division of Tumor Biochemistry, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 275:30069-74. 2000..we provide evidence that this export is mediated by the multidrug resistance protein isoform MRP5 (gene symbol ABCC5). The transport function of MRP5 was studied in V79 hamster lung fibroblasts transfected with a human MRP5 cDNA...
- Three novel ABCC5 splice variants in human retina and their role as regulators of ABCC5 gene expressionJelena Stojic
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Wuerzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
BMC Mol Biol 8:42. 2007The ABCC5 gene encodes an organic anion pump of the ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporter family, subclass C. The exact physiological function of ABCC5 however is not known...
- cDNA cloning of a short type of multidrug resistance protein homologue, SMRP, from a human lung cancer cell lineT Suzuki
Pharmacology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 238:790-4. 1997..Sequence analysis showed that the cDNA encoded a short type of multidrug resistance protein homologue, SMRP, by computed homology search. SMRP was composed of 946 amino acids and had two ABCs with walker A and B motifs...
- Detailed structural analysis on both human MRP5 and mouse mrp5 transcriptsT Suzuki
Pharmacology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Gene 242:167-73. 2000..1%). We further showed that our previously identified SMRP mRNA was a splicing variant of the MRP5 gene, which was expressed in various human tissues, suggesting that a short ..
- Expression and localization of the multidrug resistance protein 5 (MRP5/ABCC5), a cellular export pump for cyclic nucleotides, in human heartPeter Dazert
Department of Pharmacology, Peter Holtz Research Center of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
Am J Pathol 163:1567-77. 2003The multidrug resistance protein 5 (MRP5/ABCC5) has been recently identified as cellular export pump for cyclic nucleotides with 3',5'-cyclic GMP (cGMP) as a high-affinity substrate...
- Characterization of the transport of nucleoside analog drugs by the human multidrug resistance proteins MRP4 and MRP5Glen Reid
Division of Molecular Biology and Center of Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Pharmacol 63:1094-103. 2003The human multidrug resistance proteins MRP4 and MRP5 are organic anion transporters that have the unusual ability to transport cyclic nucleotides and some nucleoside monophosphate analogs...
- Prominent expression of xenobiotic efflux transporters in mouse extraembryonic fetal membranes compared with placentaLauren M Aleksunes
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160 7417, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 36:1960-70. 2008..14 and 17, fetal membranes expressed higher mRNA levels of the efflux transporters Mrp2 (7-fold), Mrp4 (5-fold), Mrp5 (3-fold), Mrp6 (12-fold), Bcrp (2-fold), and Mate-1 (7-fold) than placenta...
- Multidrug resistance-associated proteins and implications in drug developmentYa He Liu
Discipline of Chinese Medicine, School of Health Sciences, RMIT University, Melbourne, Victoria 3083, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 37:115-20. 2010..3. Both MRP4 and MRP5 are able to mediate the transport of cyclic nucleotides and confer resistance to certain antiviral and anticancer ..
- Expression of multidrug transporters in dysembryoplastic neuroepithelial tumors causing intractable epilepsyS Vogelgesang
Department of Neuropathology, University of Greifswald, Germany
Clin Neuropathol 23:223-31. 2004..There is mounting evidence that multidrug transporters such as P-glycoprotein (P-gp) or multidrug resistance-associated proteins (MRP) play an important role in the development of resistance to antiepileptic drugs (AED)...
- MOAT-E (ARA) is a full-length MRP/cMOAT subfamily transporter expressed in kidney and liverM G Belinsky
Division of Medical Sciences, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Br J Cancer 80:1342-9. 1999..We previously reported the isolation of three human MRP/cMOAT-related transporters, MOAT-B (MRP4), MOAT-C (MRP5) and MOAT-D (MRP3). In the present study we describe the fourth MRP/cMOAT-related transporter...
- MRP3, an organic anion transporter able to transport anti-cancer drugsM Kool
Division of Molecular Biology and Center of Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:6914-9. 1999..or cMOAT, encoding the canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter; and four homologs, called MRP3, MRP4, MRP5, and MRP6. In this report, we characterize MRP3, the closest homolog of MRP1...
- Response to chemotherapy and expression of the genes encoding the multidrug resistance-associated proteins MRP2, MRP3, MRP4, MRP5, and SMRP in childhood acute myeloid leukemiaDaniel Steinbach
University Children s Hospital, 07740 Jena, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 9:1083-6. 2003..Their structure, function, and substrate specificity have been studied intensively, but little is known about their clinical relevance in malignant diseases...
- The multidrug resistance-associated protein 3 (MRP3) is associated with a poor outcome in childhood ALL and may account for the worse prognosis in male patients and T-cell immunophenotypeDaniel Steinbach
Klinikum der FSU Jena, Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendmedizin, Postfach, 07740 Jena, Germany
Blood 102:4493-8. 2003..In this study the expression of the MRP2, MRP3, MRP4, MRP5, and SMRP genes was measured using TaqMan real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) in 103 children with previously ..
- Modulation of paclitaxel transport by flavonoid derivatives in human breast cancer cells. Is there a correlation between binding affinity to NBD of P-gp and modulation of transport?Radka Vaclavikova
Biotransformation Group, National Institute of Public Health, Praha, Czech Republic
Bioorg Med Chem 14:4519-25. 2006..non-expressing cell lines indicate that paclitaxel is not only transported by P-gp and let us assume that Mrp2 or ABCC5 seem to be good transport-candidates in these cells...
- [Detection of multidrug resistance-associated proteins MRP2, MRP3, and MRP5 mRNA expressions in hepatocarcinoma cells using SYBR real-time PCR]Lei Zhang
Department of General Surgery, Zhujiang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510282, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 28:219-21. 2008..the differential expression of genes encoding multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (MRP2), MRP3 and MRP5 in human normal liver cell line L-02, hepatocarcinoma cell line BEL and its adriamycin-resistant counterpart BEL/..
- Evaluation of transport of common antiepileptic drugs by human multidrug resistance-associated proteins (MRP1, 2 and 5) that are overexpressed in pharmacoresistant epilepsyCarlos Luna-Tortós
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Pharmacy, University of Veterinary Medicine, Bunteweg 17, D 30559 Hannover, Germany
Neuropharmacology 58:1019-32. 2010..known MRP substrates, including calcein-AM (MRP1), vinblastine (MRP2) and chloromethylfluorescein diacetate (CMFDA; MRP5)...
- Drug efflux transporter multidrug resistance-associated protein 5 affects sensitivity of pancreatic cancer cell lines to the nucleoside anticancer drug 5-fluorouracilPraveen K Nambaru
Research Center of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
Drug Metab Dispos 39:132-9. 2011..Expression of MRP1, MRP3, MRP4, and MRP5 in human pancreas and pancreatic carcinoma has been reported...
- Expression of human MRP6, a homologue of the multidrug resistance protein gene MRP1, in tissues and cancer cellsM Kool
Division of Molecular Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Cancer Res 59:175-82. 1999..or MRP2, encoding the canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter; and four homologues, called MRP3, MRP4, MRP5, and MRP6. The most recently discovered member of the family, MRP6, is analyzed in this report...
- Molecular and functional MDR1-Pgp and MRPs expression in human glioblastoma multiforme cell linesXavier Declèves
INSERM U26, Hôpital F Widal, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 98:173-80. 2002..Three other MRPs (MRP3, MRP4 and MRP5) were detected by RT-PCR in both cell lines, whereas MRP2 was not expressed...
- Multidrug resistance-associated proteins 3, 4, and 5Piet Borst
Division of Molecular Biology and Center of Molecular Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pflugers Arch 453:661-73. 2007..The function of MRP3 in other tissues, notably the gut and the adrenal cortex, remains to be defined. MRP4 and MRP5 have attracted attention by their ability to transport cyclic nucleotides and many nucleotide analogs...
- Multidrug resistance-associated protein 4 regulates cAMP-dependent signaling pathways and controls human and rat SMC proliferationYassine Sassi
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, INSERM UMR S 621, Pharmacology Department, Pitie Salpetriere University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 118:2747-57. 2008..superfamily or by active efflux transporters, namely the multidrug resistance-associated proteins (MRPs) MRP4 and MRP5. To determine the role of MRP4 and MRP5 in cell signaling, we studied arterial SMCs, in which the effects of cyclic ..
- Renal xenobiotic transporters are differentially expressed in mice following cisplatin treatmentLauren M Aleksunes
University of Connecticut, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 69 North Eagleville Road, U 3092 Storrs, CT 06269 3092, United States
Toxicology 250:82-8. 2008..Cisplatin-induced renal injury increased mRNA and protein levels of the efflux transporters Mrp2, Mrp4, Mrp5, Mdr1a and Mdr1b. Uptake transporters Oatp2a1 and Oatp2b1 mRNA were also up-regulated following cisplatin...
- Characterization of multidrug resistance-associated protein mRNAs expression profiles in Caco-2 and HT-1080 cell lines induced by methotrexateK Ikeda
Laboratory of Clinical Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Osaka Ohtani University, Tondabayashi, Osaka, Japan
Pharmazie 63:883-9. 2008..of MRP2, MRP3, MRP6, and MRP8 mRNAs in the HT-1080 cells were lower than those in the Caco-2 cells and that only MRP5 mRNA expression was induced in the Caco-2 cells after MTX treatment...
- Renal and hepatic transporter expression in type 2 diabetic ratsMichael T Nowicki
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut, 69 North Eagleville Road, Storrs, CT 06269 3092, USA
Drug Metab Lett 2:11-7. 2008..4-fold, 2-fold, and 1.6-fold, respectively in type 2 diabetic kidneys with no change in levels of Mrp1, Mrp5, or Pgp...
- Role of soybean oil fat emulsion in the prevention of hepatic xenobiotic transporter mRNA up- and down-regulation induced by overdose of fat-free total parenteral nutrition in infant ratsMasuhiro Nishimura
Division of Pharmacology, Drug Safety and Metabolism, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory, Inc, Tokushima, Japan
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 20:46-54. 2005..were decreased in group 2 (fat-free TPN) compared with those in group 1 (oral diet), whereas Mdr1b, Mrp1, and Mrp5 mRNA levels were increased. Specifically, the level of Mdr1b mRNA in group 2 was 16 times higher (p<0...
- Coordinated induction of bile acid detoxification and alternative elimination in mice: role of FXR-regulated organic solute transporter-alpha/beta in the adaptive response to bile acidsGernot Zollner
Laboratory of Experimental and Molecular Hepatology, Div of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 15, Graz A 8036, Austria
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 290:G923-32. 2006..b>Mrp5/6 remained unaffected by bile acid treatment. In conclusion, we identified Ost-alpha/Ost-beta as a novel FXR target...
- Differential, strain-specific cellular and subcellular distribution of multidrug transporters in murine choroid plexus and blood-brain barrierA Soontornmalai
University of Zurich, Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Neuroscience 138:159-69. 2006..We report that four ATP-binding cassette transporters, Mdr1, Mrp1, Mrp2 and Mrp5 can be detected in brain endothelial cells, forming three distinct layers, with Mdr1 and Mrp5 being located on the ..
- The Role of heat shock protein 27 in extravillous trophoblast differentiationS Tartakover Matalon
Oncogenetic Laboratory, Meir Medical Center, Kfar Saba, Israel
J Cell Biochem 103:719-29. 2008..During trophoblast differentiation heat-shock-protein-27 (HSP27) mRNA and multidrug-resistance-protein-5 (MRP5, transporter of cyclic nucleotides) expression are increased...
- Resistance to mitoxantrone in multidrug-resistant MCF7 breast cancer cells: evaluation of mitoxantrone transport and the role of multidrug resistance protein family proteinsS K Diah
Department of Biochemistry, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Cancer Res 61:5461-7. 2001..In considering the potential involvement of other MRP family isoforms, a 3-fold increase in the expression of MRP5 was observed in MCF7/VP cells...
- Thiopurine metabolism and identification of the thiopurine metabolites transported by MRP4 and MRP5 overexpressed in human embryonic kidney cellsP R Wielinga
Division of Molecular Biology and Center for Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Pharmacol 62:1321-31. 2002..Overexpression of the two related multidrug resistance proteins MRP4 and MRP5 has been shown to confer some resistance against mercaptopurines, which has been attributed to extrusion of ..
- Effect of poly(ethylene glycol)-block-polylactide nanoparticles on hepatic cells of mouse: low cytotoxicity, but efflux of the nanoparticles by ATP-binding cassette transportersYangde Zhang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Central South University, Changsha, China
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 66:268-80. 2007..in over-expression of a lot of ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters, especially two ABC transporters (ABCA8 and ABCC5/MRP5), and down-regulation of GSTP1, in comparison with the control...
- Kinetic validation of the use of carboxydichlorofluorescein as a drug surrogate for MRP5-mediated transportSusan Pratt
Lilly Research Laboratories, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis IN 46285, USA
Eur J Pharm Sci 27:524-32. 2006Multidrug resistance protein-5 (MRP5, ABCC5) is a member of the ATP-binding cassette transporter superfamily that effluxes a broad range of natural and xenobiotic compounds such as cyclic GMP, antiviral compounds, and cancer ..
- Expression of adenosine triphosphate-binding cassette (ABC) drug transporters in peripheral blood cells: relevance for physiology and pharmacotherapyKathleen Köck
Department of Pharmacology, Research Center of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
Clin Pharmacokinet 46:449-70. 2007..While erythrocytes mainly express multidrug resistance protein (MRP) 1, MRP4 and MRP5, which are discussed with regard to their involvement in glutathione homeostasis (MRP1) and in the efflux of cyclic ..
- Pancreatic damage after the first episode of acute alcoholic pancreatitis and its association with the later recurrence rateHanna Pelli
Department of Gastroenterology and Alimentary Tract Surgery, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Pancreatology 9:245-51. 2009..Changes in pancreatic function and morphology after acute pancreatitis have been characterized previously, but their association with later recurrences has not been adequately studied...
- Sepsis affects cardiac expression of multidrug resistance protein 5 (MRP5, ABCC5), an ABC-type CGMP export pumpKonrad Meissner
Klinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin, Ernst Moritz Arndt Universitat Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Shock 28:564-9. 2007..We have previously shown that the high-affinity cGMP export transporter, multidrug resistance protein 5 (MRP5), is expressed in the heart, which modulates intracellular concentrations and, hence, the effects of cGMP...
- Interaction of ocular hypotensive agents (PGF2 alpha analogs-bimatoprost, latanoprost, and travoprost) with MDR efflux pumps on the rabbit corneaSudharshan Hariharan
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri 64110, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 25:487-98. 2009....
- Differential regulation of transport proteins in the periinfarct region following reversible middle cerebral artery occlusion in ratsP Dazert
Department of Pharmacology, Research Center of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
Neuroscience 142:1071-9. 2006..Therefore we studied the expression of four selected transporters, P-glycoprotein (Mdr1a/b; Abcb1a/b), Mrp5 (Abcc5), Bcrp (Abcg2), and Oatp2 (Slc21a5) in a rat model for stroke...
- The role of multidrug resistance efflux transporters in antifolate resistance and folate homeostasisYehuda G Assaraf
The Fred Wyszkowski Cancer Research Laboratory, Department of Biology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Drug Resist Updat 9:227-46. 2006..of (anti)folates is mediated via (anti)folylpolyglutamylation, certain efflux transporters including MRP5 (ABCC5) and BCRP were shown to transport both mono-, di- as well as triglutamate derivatives of MTX and folic acid...
- Mesothelin family proteins and diagnosis of mesothelioma: analytical evaluation of an automated immunoassay and preliminary clinical resultsFrancesca Di Serio
Department of Clinical Pathology I, University Hospital of Bari, Bari, Italy
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:634-8. 2007Studies have suggested that soluble mesothelin-related protein (SMRP) can be used as a serum marker of malignant mesothelioma.
- Interdependence of gemcitabine treatment, transporter expression, and resistance in human pancreatic carcinoma cellsWolfgang Hagmann
Clinical Cooperation Unit of Molecular Gastroenterology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Neoplasia 12:740-7. 2010..transporter expression profile and that modulation of the expression of multidrug resistance protein 5 (MRP5; ABCC5) influences the chemoresistance of these tumor cells...
- Multidrug resistance proteins (MRPs, ABCCs): importance for pathophysiology and drug therapyDietrich Keppler
German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Handb Exp Pharmacol . 2011..C(4) for MRP1, MRP2, and MRP4, bilirubin glucuronosides for MRP2 and MRP3, and cyclic AMP and cyclic GMP for MRP4, MRP5, and MRP8...
- Soluble mesothelin related peptides (SMRP) and osteopontin as protein biomarkers for malignant mesothelioma: analytical validation of ELISA based assays and characterization at mRNA and protein levelsAlex J Rai
Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Clin Chem Lab Med 48:271-8. 2010There is a need to identify reliable markers for malignant mesothelioma. Soluble mesothelin related peptides (SMRP) and osteopontin (OPN) have gained interest in recent years for this purpose.
- Molecular analysis, developmental function and heavy metal-induced expression of ABCC5 in zebrafishYong Long
Key Laboratory of Biodiversity and Conservation of Aquatic Organism, Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 7 Donghu Rd, Wuhan, Hubei 430072, China
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 158:46-55. 2011b>ABCC5/MRP5 is an organic anion transporter that participates in tissue defense and cellular signal transduction through efflux of anticancer drugs, toxicants and a second messenger cGMP, but its physiological functions in zebrafish ..
- Mesothelin-related predictive and prognostic factors in malignant mesothelioma: a nested case-control studyOluf Dimitri Roe
Department of Oncology, St Olavs Hospital, Trondheim University Hospital, Norway
Lung Cancer 61:235-43. 2008Soluble mesothelin-related protein (SMRP) in serum is potentially a sensitive marker of malignant mesothelioma (MM) diagnosis and progression, and may be useful as screening marker...
- Serum levels of soluble mesothelin-related peptides in malignant and nonmalignant asbestos-related pleural disease: relation with past asbestos exposureJosé A Rodríguez Portal
Medical Surgery Unit for Respiratory Diseases, Virgen del Rocio University Hospital, Seville, Spain
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:646-50. 2009..Soluble mesothelin-related peptides (SMRP) have been regarded as a promising serum biomarker for MPM...
- Regulation of rat pial arteriolar smooth muscle relaxation in vivo through multidrug resistance protein 5-mediated cGMP effluxHao Liang Xu
Neuroanesthesia Research Laboratory, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H2020-7. 2004Multidrug resistance protein 5 (MRP5) has been linked to cGMP cellular export in peripheral vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs) and is widely expressed in brain vascular tissue...
- The determinants of sensitivity and acquired resistance to gemcitabine differ in non-small cell lung cancer: a role of ABCC5 in gemcitabine sensitivityTetsuya Oguri
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Mol Cancer Ther 5:1800-6. 2006We examined the expression levels of the multidrug resistance protein 5 (ABCC5) gene in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cell lines to clarify the relationship with the sensitivity to gemcitabine...
- Biomarkers for mesotheliomaArnaud Scherpereel
Pulmonary and Thoracic Oncology Department, Hopital Calmette, Lille, France
Curr Opin Pulm Med 13:339-443. 2007..Large series evaluating the use of novel candidate markers have recently been published...
- Immunolocalization of multidrug resistance protein 5 in the human genitourinary systemAnne T Nies
Divisions of Tumor Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
J Urol 167:2271-5. 2002..by phosphodiesterase, cGMP is exported from cells by multidrug resistance protein 5 (MRP5), also called ABCC5, which we recently identified as an adenosine triphosphate dependent export pump for cGMP...
- [Glutamate transporter mediated increase of antitumor activity by theanine, an amino acid in green tea]Yasuyuki Sadzuka
University of Shizuoka, 52 1 Yada, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
Yakugaku Zasshi 122:995-9. 2002..glutathione (GSH) synthesis, GS-DOX conjugate level, and subsequent extracellular transport of GS-DOX by the MRP5/GS-X pump...
- Loss of multidrug resistance protein 1 expression and folate efflux activity results in a highly concentrative folate transport in human leukemia cellsYehuda G Assaraf
Department of Biology, The Technion, Haifa 32000, Israel
J Biol Chem 278:6680-6. 2003..Parental CEM cells expressed substantial levels of MRP1, MRP4, poor MRP5 levels, whereas MRP2, MRP3 and breast cancer resistance protein were undetectable...
- Multidrug resistance-associated proteins: Export pumps for conjugates with glutathione, glucuronate or sulfateLaszlo Homolya
Membrane Research Group, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
Biofactors 17:103-14. 2003..The human MRP4, MRP5 and MRP6 have only partially been characterized...
- Mediation of annexin 1 secretion by a probenecid-sensitive ABC-transporter in rat inflamed mucosaSharon Wein
Institut National de Recherche Agronomique, UR66, 180 chemin de Tournefeuille, BP3, 31931 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Biochem Pharmacol 67:1195-202. 2004..1 secretion is not blocked by other inhibitors of MRP1 (indomethacin, MK571), MRP2 (ochratoxin A1 or MK571), MRP5 (trequinsin or sulfinpyrazone) or by verapamil, cyclosporin A or glyburide...
- The human multidrug resistance protein MRP5 transports folates and can mediate cellular resistance against antifolatesPeter Wielinga
Division of Molecular Biology and Center of Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Cancer Res 65:4425-30. 2005..Here we show that MRP5/ABCC5 is also an antifolate and folate exporter based on the following evidence: (a) Using membrane vesicles from HEK293 ..
- Influence of p53 status on the HSV-Tk/GCV-induced bystander effect in a panel of human ovarian carcinoma cell linesIngrid J van Dillen
Department of Medical Oncology, Groningen University Hospital, PO Box 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Oncol Res 15:151-9. 2005..expression levels of two nucleoside analogue transporters, multidrug resistance-related protein 4 and 5 (MRP4/MRP5), were determined...
- Expression of drug resistance proteins Pgp, MRP1, MRP3, MRP5 and GST-pi in human gliomaC Calatozzolo
Istituto Nazionale Neurologico C Besta, Via Celoria 11, 20133 Milan, Italy
J Neurooncol 74:113-21. 2005..We investigated expression of P-glycoprotein (Pgp), multidrug resistance protein (MRP) 1, MRP3, MRP5 and glutathione-S-transferase pi (GST-pi) in malignant glioma patients...
- ATP-binding cassette transporters in the heartThomas F Solbach
Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Trends Cardiovasc Med 16:7-15. 2006..Many human ABC transporters, such as ABCB1 (P-glycoprotein), ABCC5 (MRP5), or ABCC9 (SUR2), are expressed in the heart, suggesting an important role of these transporters in cardiac ..
- [Study on the relationship between the resistance to MTX and the transport protein superfamily of ATP-binding cassette that induces multiple drug resistance]Chun Yu Zhang
Laboratory of Medical Genetics, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150081, China
Yi Chuan 28:1201-5. 2006..to investigate the mechanism of resistance to MTX, the study detected the expressions of mdr1, mrp1, mrp2, mrp3, mrp5, mrp6 and abcg2 that encoded the transport proteins by SuperArray analysis and the expressions of MRP1and MRP5 ..
- ABC transporters and the accumulation of imatinib and its active metabolite CGP74588 in rat C6 glioma cellsXavier Declèves
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Pharmacie, Neuropsychopharmacologie des Addictions, CNRS, UMR7157 et Université Paris 7, Paris F 75010, France
Pharmacol Res 57:214-22. 2008..The relative expression of ABC transporter genes are: Mdr1b>Mrp4>Mrp1>Mrp5>Mdr1a>Mrp3>Mrp2>Bcrp...
- Identification of candidate genes involved in the radiosensitivity of esophageal cancer cells by microarray analysisR Ogawa
Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Oncology, Immunology and Surgery, Nagoya, Japan
Dis Esophagus 21:288-97. 2008..The up-regulated genes included CABPR, FABP5, DSC2, GPX2, NME, CBR3, DOCK8, and ABCC5, while the down-regulated genes included RPA1, LDOC1, NDN, and SKP1A...
- Substrates and inhibitors of human multidrug resistance associated proteins and the implications in drug developmentShu Feng Zhou
Division of Chinese Medicine, School of Health Sciences, WHO Collaborating Center for Traditional Medicine, RMIT University, Victoria, Australia
Curr Med Chem 15:1981-2039. 2008..genes and the multidrug resistance associated proteins (MRP1/ABCC1, MRP2/ABCC2, MRP3/ABCC3, MRP4/ABCC4, MRP5/ABCC5, MRP6/ABCC6, MRP7/ABCC10, MRP8/ABCC11 and MRP9/ABCC12) belong to the ABCC family which contains 13 members...
- ATP-binding cassette C transporters in human pancreatic carcinoma cell lines. Upregulation in 5-fluorouracil-resistant cellsWolfgang Hagmann
Clinical Cooperation Unit of Molecular Gastroenterology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Pancreatology 9:136-44. 2009..We studied ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporter expression in human pancreatic carcinoma cell lines as compared to primary pancreatic duct cells, and analyzed the MRP expression profile in 5-fluorouracil-resistant cells...
- ERC/mesothelin as a marker for chemotherapeutic response in patients with mesotheliomaKen Tajima
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Juntendo University, School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Anticancer Res 28:3933-6. 2008It has been recently reported that soluble mesothelin-related protein (SMRP), serum mesothelin, and osteopontin (OPN) are considered as relevant biomarkers for the diagnosis of mesothelioma...
- Mistletoe lectin binds to multidrug resistance-associated protein MRP5Nina Nehmann
Department of Anatomy II Experimental Morphology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Anticancer Res 29:4941-8. 2009..Protein-protein interactions do not seem unlikely as MLs act at very low molar concentrations usually observed with peptide-peptide interactions only and not seen with lectin-sugar interactions...
- Inhibitors of hyaluronan export from hops prevent osteoarthritic reactionsDennis Stracke
Muenster University Hospital, Institute of Physiological Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry, Muenster, Germany
Mol Nutr Food Res 55:485-94. 2011..We recently found that hyaluronan is exported by the ATP-binding cassette transporter multidrug resistance associated protein 5 (MRP5) in competition with cGMP and that some phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors also inhibited ..
- Comparison between plasma and serum osteopontin levels: usefulness in diagnosis of epithelial malignant pleural mesotheliomaAlfonso Cristaudo
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Orthopedics and Traumatology, Occupational Medicine, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Int J Biol Markers 25:164-70. 2010A potential role of serum osteopontin (OPN) and serum mesothelin-related peptide (SMRP) in the diagnosis of malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) has been recently reported...
- Modulatory effects of curcumin on multi-drug resistance-associated protein 5 in pancreatic cancer cellsYan Li
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, The University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 68:603-10. 2011..Recent studies have suggested that MRP5 conferred resistance to first-line drugs 5-fluorouracil and gemcitabine by active efflux of drugs from the cell...
- Candidate driver genes in microsatellite-unstable colorectal cancerPia Alhopuro
Department of Medical Genetics, Genome Scale Biology Research Program, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Finland
Int J Cancer 130:1558-66. 2012..The mutation frequencies in 100 MSI CRC samples were 51% in G8 of GLYR1, 47% in T9 of ABCC5, 43% in G8 of WDTC1, 33% in A8 of ROCK1, 30% in T8 of OR51E2, and 28% in A8 of TCEB3...
- [Exploratory study on the detection of markers for diagnosing early-stage malignant mesothelioma]Kazuya Fukuoka
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Hyogo, Japan
Nihon Eiseigaku Zasshi 66:553-7. 2011..In this study, we have shown that serum soluble mesothelin-related peptide (SMRP) is a highly specific and moderately sensitive biomarker for diagnosing MM...
- Biomarkers in malignant mesothelioma: diagnostic and prognostic role of soluble mesothelin-related peptideNicola Dipalma
Department of Occupational Medicine, Policlinico University Hospital, Bari Italy
Int J Biol Markers 26:160-5. 2011Soluble mesothelin-related peptide (SMRP) is a biomarker that has been proposed for differential diagnosis from pleural metastatic cancer, as well as prognosis and treatment monitoring of malignant pleural mesothelioma (MM)...
- Role of multidrug resistance associated proteins in drug developmentS F Zhou
School of Health Sciences, RMIT University, Bundoora, Victoria, Australia
Drug Discov Ther 2:305-32. 2008The multidrug resistance associated proteins (MRP1, MRP2, MRP3, MRP4, MRP5, MRP6, MRP7, MRP8 and MRP9) belongs to the ATP-binding cassette superfamily (ABCC family) of transporters expressed differentially in the liver, kidney, intestine ..
- Inflammatory regulation of ATP binding cassette efflux transporter expression and function in microgliaChristopher J Gibson
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Rutgers University Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Piscataway, NJ, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 343:650-60. 2012..Conversely, LPS increased expression of Mrp1 and Mrp5 mRNA and protein...
- ABCC5 supports osteoclast formation and promotes breast cancer metastasis to boneAnna A Mourskaia
Breast Cancer Res 14:R149. 2012..Thus, it is essential to gain a better understanding of the molecular mechanisms that underlie the emergence and growth of breast cancer skeletal metastases...
- Is soluble mesothelin-related protein an upfront predictive marker of pleural mesothelioma? A prospective study on Italian workers exposed to asbestosRosa Filiberti
Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Clinical Trials, IRCCS AOU San Martino IST Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova, Italy
Oncology 86:33-43. 2014Soluble mesothelin-related peptide (SMRP) may be useful in the diagnosis and detection of early stage mesothelioma. We investigated the SMRP upfront predictive role for mesothelioma in asbestos-exposed workers.
- Significance of serum mesothelin in an asbestos-exposed population in the Czech RepublicPetr Jakubec
Department of Respiratory Medicine, University Hospital Olomouc and Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Palacky University Olomouc, Czech Republic
Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Palacky Olomouc Czech Repub 159:472-9. 2015..The population group most at risk of the condition are asbestos-exposed workers. Mesothelin or soluble mesothelin-related protein (SMRP) is studied as a potential marker of mesothelioma in the at-risk population.
- Control of metazoan heme homeostasis by a conserved multidrug resistance proteinTamara Korolnek
Department of Animal and Avian Sciences and Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Cell Metab 19:1008-19. 2014..Here, we show that the multidrug resistance protein MRP-5/ABCC5 likely acts as a heme exporter, and targeted depletion of mrp-5 in the intestine causes embryonic lethality...
- A novel pathway for arsenic elimination: human multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4/ABCC4) mediates cellular export of dimethylarsinic acid (DMAV) and the diglutathione conjugate of monomethylarsonous acid (MMAIII)Mayukh Banerjee
Department of Physiology and Membrane Protein Disease Research Group M B, M W C, B A R, B D W, E M L and Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Division of Analytical and Environmental Toxicology X C L, E M L, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology and Biochemical Pharmaceutics, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China H N
Mol Pharmacol 86:168-79. 2014..accumulation of arsenate, MMA(III), MMA(V), DMA(III), and DMA(V) while two other hepatic basolateral MRPs (MRP3 and MRP5) did not...
- Mesothelin in serum and pleural effusion in the diagnosis of malignant pleural mesothelioma with non-positive cytologyMaria Cristiana Franceschini
Division of Histopathology and Cytopathology, Azienda Sanitaria Locale n 5, La Spezia, Italy
Anticancer Res 34:7425-9. 2014Mesothelin (SMRP) is regarded as a biomarker of malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM). Herein, we analyzed the contribution of SMRP detection in pleural effusion and in serum to the diagnosis of MPM with non-positive cytology.
- Development of an in vitro renal epithelial disease state model for xenobiotic toxicity testingDaniel Crean
University College Dublin, School of Medicine and Medical Science, Dublin, Ireland
Toxicol In Vitro 30:128-37. 2015..intracellular accumulation of adefovir in hypoxia and suggest decreases in the efflux transport proteins MRP4, MRP5, NHERF1 and NHERF3 as a possible explanation...
- Heterocyclic cyclohexanone monocarbonyl analogs of curcumin can inhibit the activity of ATP-binding cassette transporters in cancer multidrug resistanceJezrael L Revalde
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand Electronic address
Biochem Pharmacol 93:305-17. 2015..P-gp), breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP) and multidrug resistance-associated proteins 1 and 5 (MRP1 and MRP5). The use of CUR in the clinic however, is complicated by its instability and poor pharmacokinetic profile...
- C-type natriuretic peptide signalling drives homeostatic effects in human chondrocytesN J Peake
Institute of Bioengineering, School of Engineering and Materials Science, Queen Mary University of London, Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 465:784-9. 2015..The presence of interleukin-1β (IL-1β) increased HA production and export via MRP5 that was reduced with CNP and/or loading...
- Deletions of multidrug resistance gene loci in breast cancer leads to the down-regulation of its expression and predict tumor response to neoadjuvant chemotherapyNikolai V Litviakov
Laboratory of Oncovirology, Tomsk Cancer Research Institute, Tomsk, Russian Federation
Oncotarget 7:7829-41. 2016..All patients with deletions of ABCB1 ABCB 3 ABCC5 gene loci--7q21.1, 6p21.32, 3q27 correspondingly, and most patients having deletions in ABCC1 (16p13...
- Glycodelin is a potential novel follow-up biomarker for malignant pleural mesotheliomaMarc A Schneider
Translational Research Unit, Thoraxklinik at University Hospital Heidelberg, Roentgenstraße, Heidelberg, Germany
Oncotarget 7:71285-71297. 2016..Soluble mesothelin-related peptide (SMRP), osteopontin or EFEMP1 (Fibulin-3) are well described biomarkers for malignant mesothelioma with moderate ..
- Novel cGMP efflux inhibitors identified by virtual ligand screening (VLS) and confirmed by experimental studiesGeorg Sager
Medical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Department of Medical Biology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Tromsø, 9037 Tromsø, Norway
J Med Chem 55:3049-57. 2012..The human ATP binding cassette (ABC) transporter ABCC5 transports cGMP out of cells, and inhibition of ABCC5 may have cytotoxic effects...
- Vascular and parenchymal mechanisms in multiple drug resistance: a lesson from human epilepsyMatteo Marroni
Cerebrovascular Research, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Curr Drug Targets 4:297-304. 2003..In addition to MDR1/PgP, other genes such as MRP2, MRP5, and human cisplatin resistance-associated protein are also overexpressed in drug-resistant epilepsy...
- Differential disruption of cell cycle pathways in small cell and non-small cell lung cancerB P Coe
Department of Cancer Genetics and Developmental Biology, British Columbia Cancer Research Center, Vancouver, Canada
Br J Cancer 94:1927-35. 2006..Small cell lung cancer exhibited increased expression of MRP5, activation of Wnt pathway inhibitors, and upregulation of p38 MAPK activating genes, while NSCLC showed ..
- Pharmacogenetics of target genes across doxorubicin disposition pathway: a reviewSuman Lal
Laboratory of Clinical Pharmacology, Division of Medical Sciences, Humphrey Oei Institute of Cancer Research National Cancer Centre, 11 Hospital Drive, Singapore 169610
Curr Drug Metab 11:115-28. 2010..nuclear receptor Pregnane-X Receptor (PXR), influx (SLC22A16) and efflux drug transporters (ABCB1, ABCG2, ABCC5, ABCB5 and RLIP76) and drug metabolizing enzymes (CBR1, CBR3) across the biochemical pathway of doxorubicin in ..
- Specific detection of multidrug resistance proteins MRP1, MRP2, MRP3, MRP5, and MDR3 P-glycoprotein with a panel of monoclonal antibodiesG L Scheffer
Department of Pathology, Free University Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 60:5269-77. 2000..MIB6 for MRP1; M2I-4, M2II-12, M2III-5 and M2III-6 for MRP2; M3II-9 and M3II-21 for MRP3; and M5I-1 and M5II-54 for MRP5. All Mabs in the panel appeared to be fully specific for their cognate antigens, both in Western blots and cytospin ..
- MRP subfamily transporters and resistance to anticancer agentsG D Kruh
Medical Sciences Division, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Bioenerg Biomembr 33:493-501. 2001..MRP4 and MRP5 resemble each other more closely than they resemble MRPs 1-3 and confer resistance to purine and nucleotide analogs ..
- Differential multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 through 6 isoform expression and function in human intestinal epithelial Caco-2 cellsHannah M Prime-Chapman
Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, University of Newcastle, Medical School, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 311:476-84. 2004..In Caco-2 cells, the rank order for mRNA expression was MRP2 > or = MRP6 > MRP4 > or = MRP3 > MRP1 = MRP5. The functional expression of MRP-like activity was quantified as the efflux of the fluorescent probe calcein from ..
- Contribution of glial cells and pericytes to the mRNA profiles of P-glycoprotein and multidrug resistance-associated proteins in an in vitro model of the blood-brain barrierVincent Berezowski
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie de la Barrière Hémato encéphalique, Unité mixte Institut Pasteur de Lille, Université d Artois, Faculte Jean Perrin, EA 2465 Lens, France
Brain Res 1018:1-9. 2004..MRP4 gave a low signal in most cultures. MRP5 was ubiquitously expressed, displaying a potent signal in all conditions...
- Contribution of multidrug resistance protein MRP5 in control of cyclic guanosine 5'-monophosphate intracellular signaling in anterior pituitary cellsSilvana A Andric
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Building 49, Room 6A 36, 49 Convent Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4510, USA
Endocrinology 147:3435-45. 2006..efflux is operative in numerous eukaryotic cells and could be mediated by multidrug resistance proteins MRP4, MRP5, and MRP8...
- Establishing a method to isolate rat brain capillary endothelial cells by magnetic cell sorting and dominant mRNA expression of multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 and 4 in highly purified rat brain capillary endothelial cellsSumio Ohtsuki
Department of Molecular Biopharmacy and Genetics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Aoba, Aramaki, Sendai, Japan
Pharm Res 24:688-94. 2007....
- Expression of multidrug resistance-associated ABC transporters in B-CLL is independent of ZAP70 statusAlexander Hoellein
III Medical Department, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Street 15, 81675, Munich, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:403-10. 2010..To assess whether the poor prognosis of ZAP70-positive B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) is associated with the overexpression of ABC transporter genes that are responsible for pleiotropic drug resistance...
- Diagnostic value of soluble mesothelin-related peptides for malignant mesothelioma: a meta-analysisLing Luo
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Respir Med 104:149-56. 2010Serum concentrations of soluble mesothelin-related peptides (SMRP) have been reported to be higher in patients with malignant mesothelioma than in healthy subjects and in patients with non-malignant mesothelioma diseases...
- Performance of biomarkers SMRP, CA125, and CYFRA 21-1 as potential tumor markers for malignant mesothelioma and lung cancer in a cohort of workers formerly exposed to asbestosM Gube
Institute for Occupational and Social Medicine, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Arch Toxicol 85:185-92. 2011The aim of the study is to examine the cancer-predictive values of SMRP (soluble mesothelin-related peptides), CA125, and CYFRA21-1 as potential tumor markers for lung cancer and malignant mesothelioma in a cohort of workers formerly ..
- Constitutive mRNA expression and protein activity levels of nine ABC efflux transporters in seven permanent cell lines derived from different tissues of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)Stephan Fischer
Department of Bioanalytical Ecotoxicology, UFZ Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Aquat Toxicol 101:438-46. 2011..In addition to known transporters abcb1 (designated here abcb1a), abcb11, abcc1-3, abcc5 and abcg2, we quantified expression levels of a newly identified abcb1 isoform (abcb1b) and abcc4, previously ..
- Harvey Ira Pass; Fiscal Year: 2016..Sensitive and specific early detection biomarkers for MM such as SMRP and Osteopontin (OPN) await validation, and prognostic biomarkers which can segregate patients at highest risk for ..
- Mesothelin as a biomarker for clinical management of esophageal adenocarcinomaLaura Tang; Fiscal Year: 2013..the N-terminal of which is cleaved and secreted into blood, measured as serum soluble mesothelin-related peptide (SMRP). Increased SMRP levels are demonstrated in mesothelioma, pancreatic and ovarian cancer patients...
- HIV RESISTANCE AND TREATMENT STRATEGIESRICHARD D AQUILA; Fiscal Year: 2007..nucleoside influx (OAT1, OAT3, and OAT4, CNT-1 and-2, and ENTs), and nucleoside efflux (MRP4 (ABCC4), MRP5 (ABCC5) are expressed and functional in lymphocytes...
- Anjaparavanda P Naren; Fiscal Year: 2016..1d). To test whether MRP4 knock out mice are more susceptible to CTX-induced secretory diarrhea and to test if MRP5 inhibitors fail to induce secretion. Specific Aim 2...
- MESOTHELIN ANTIGENS FOR DIAGNOSIS/THERAPY OF OVARIAN CAIngegerd Hellstrom; Fiscal Year: 2003..As part of this study, she shall investigate whether the soluble MR molecule (SMR) can act as an inhibitor of the immune response and, if so, whether the inhibition can be overcome. ..
- Role of MUC1 in Pancreatic CancerPinku Mukherjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project is extremely relevant to pancreatic cancer. These preclinical studies will form the basis for designing more efficacious and novel therapies to combat the mortality associated with PDA. ..
- METHYLMERCURY TRANSPORT ACROSS CELL MEMBRANESNazzareno Ballatori; Fiscal Year: 2005..Evaluate the molecular mechanism by which NAC stimulates renal excretion of MeHg. IV. Test the hypothesis that urinary excretion of MeHg following an NAC oral challenge may be used as a new biomarker of MeHg exposure. ..
- FUNCTIONS OF THE HEPATIC GAMMA-GLUTAMYL CYCLENazzareno Ballatori; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Role of Fra-1 in MesotheliomaMaria Ramos Nino; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term goal of this research plan is to understand the molecular mechanisms governing mesothelial cell tumorigenesis. ..