Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ABCA7
Description: ATP binding cassette subfamily A member 7
Alias: ABCA-SSN, ABCX, AD9, ATP-binding cassette sub-family A member 7, ATP-binding cassette, sub-family A (ABC1), member 7, autoantigen SS-N, macrophage ABC transporter
Publications108 found, 100 shown here
- Role of ATP-binding cassette transporters in brain lipid transport and neurological diseaseWoojin Scott Kim
Prince of Wales Medical Research Institute, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Neurochem 104:1145-66. 2008..active ABC transporters in the human genome, we have focused on 13 transporters (ABCA1, ABCA2, ABCA3, ABCA4, ABCA7 and ABCA8; ABCB1 and ABCB4; ABCD1 and ABCD2; ABCG1, ABCG2, and ABCG4) for which there is evidence suggesting they ..
- ATP-binding cassette transporter A7 (ABCA7) binds apolipoprotein A-I and mediates cellular phospholipid but not cholesterol effluxNan Wang
Division of Molecular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 278:42906-12. 2003..Based on a high degree of sequence homology between ABCA1 and ABCA7, a transporter of unknown function, we investigated the possibility that ABCA7 might be involved in apolipoprotein ..
- Heterogeneity of high density lipoprotein generated by ABCA1 and ABCA7Michi Hayashi
Biochemistry, Cell Biology, and Metabolism, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kawasumi 1, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
J Lipid Res 46:1703-11. 2005..apolipoprotein and cellular lipid was studied using HEK293 cells to which ecdysone-inducible human ABCA1 or human ABCA7 was transfected...
- ATP-binding cassette transporter A7 enhances phagocytosis of apoptotic cells and associated ERK signaling in macrophagesAndreas W Jehle
Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Cell Biol 174:547-56. 2006..Using RNA interference or gene targeting, we show that knock down of macrophage ABCA7 but not -A1 results in defective engulfment of apoptotic cells...
- Common variants at ABCA7, MS4A6A/MS4A4E, EPHA1, CD33 and CD2AP are associated with Alzheimer's diseasePaul Hollingworth
Medical Research Council Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics, Neurosciences and Mental Health Research Institute, Department of Psychological Medicine and Neurology, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Nat Genet 43:429-35. 2011..Meta-analyses of all data provided compelling evidence that ABCA7 (rs3764650, meta P = 4.5 × 10(-17); including ADGC data, meta P = 5...
- Common variants at MS4A4/MS4A6E, CD2AP, CD33 and EPHA1 are associated with late-onset Alzheimer's diseaseAdam C Naj
The John P Hussman Institute for Human Genomics, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA
Nat Genet 43:436-41. 2011..3 × 10(-8), P(J) = 1.9 × 10(-8)), BIN1 (rs7561528; P(M) = 4.0 × 10(-14), P(J) = 5.2 × 10(-14)) and PICALM (rs561655; P(M) = 7.0 × 10(-11), P(J) = 1.0 × 10(-10)), but not at EXOC3L2, to late-onset Alzheimer's disease susceptibility...
- The ATP-binding cassette transporter ABCA2 as a mediator of intracellular traffickingJ T Mack
Department of Cell and Molecular Pharmacology, Medical University of South Carolina, P O Box 250505, 173 Ashley Avenue, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Biomed Pharmacother 60:587-92. 2006..Enhanced expression of ABCA2 and related proteins, including ABCA1, ABCA4 and ABCA7, is found in human macrophages upon bolus cholesterol treatment...
- Replication of EPHA1 and CD33 associations with late-onset Alzheimer's disease: a multi-centre case-control studyMinerva M Carrasquillo
Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Mol Neurodegener 6:54. 2011..Meta-analyses of this and a previously published GWAS revealed significant association at ABCA7 and MS4A, independent evidence for association of CD2AP, CD33 and EPHA1 and an opposing yet significant ..
- Effects of deletion of macrophage ABCA7 on lipid metabolism and the development of atherosclerosis in the presence and absence of ABCA1Illiana Meurs
Division of Biopharmaceutics, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Gorlaeus Laboratories, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e30984. 2012b>ABCA7, a close relative of ABCA1 which facilitates cholesterol efflux to lipid-poor apoproteins, has been implicated in macrophage lipid efflux and clearance of apoptotic cells in in vitro studies...
- Genetic risk score predicting accelerated progression from mild cognitive impairment to Alzheimer's diseaseE Rodriguez-Rodriguez
Neurology Service, Neurology Department and CIBERNED, Marqués de Valdecilla University Hospital University of Cantabria and IFIMAV, 39008 Santander, Spain
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 120:807-12. 2013..3 months) identified 118 MCI-converters to AD and 170 MCI-nonconverters. We genotyped ABCA7 rs3764650, BIN1 rs744373, CD2AP rs9296559, CLU rs1113600, CR1 rs1408077, MS4A4E rs670139, MS4A6A rs610932, and ..
- An evaluation of the mechanism of ABCA7 on cellular lipid release in ABCA7-HEC293 cellCheng ai Wu
Department of Molecular Orthopaedics, Beijing Institute of Traumatology and Orthopaedics, Beijing 100035, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 126:306-10. 2013b>ABCA7 is a member of the ABCA subfamily that shows a high degree of homology to ABCA1 and, like ABCA1, mediates cellular cholesterol and phospholipid release by apolipoproteins when transfected in vitro...
- Variants in the ATP-binding cassette transporter (ABCA7), apolipoprotein E ϵ4,and the risk of late-onset Alzheimer disease in African AmericansChristiane Reitz
Taub Institute for Research on Alzheimer s Disease and the Aging Brain, Gertrude H Sergievsky Center, Columbia University, 630 W 168th St, New York, NY 10032, USA
JAMA 309:1483-92. 2013..Identification of disease-associated variants helps identify targets for genetic testing, prevention, and treatment...
- Family quality of life and psychological well-being in parents of children with autism spectrum disorders: a double ABCX modelP Pozo
Faculty of Psychology, UNED National University for Distance Education, Madrid, Spain
J Intellect Disabil Res 58:442-58. 2014..The proposed model was based on the double ABCX model, with severity of the disorder, behaviour problems, social support, sense of coherence (SOC) and coping ..
- Rare-variant extensions of the transmission disequilibrium test: application to autism exome sequence dataZongxiao He
Center for Statistical Genetics, Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Hum Genet 94:33-46. 2014..exome data from 199 Simons Simplex Collection autism trios and an association was observed with variants in ABCA7. Given the problem of adequately controlling for population substructure and admixture in RV association studies ..
- Association of Brain DNA methylation in SORL1, ABCA7, HLA-DRB5, SLC24A4, and BIN1 with pathological diagnosis of Alzheimer diseaseLei Yu
Rush Alzheimer s Disease Center, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois2Department of Neurological Sciences, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
JAMA Neurol 72:15-24. 2015....
- A comparison of White and Hispanic women's stories of adjustment to the birth of a childSara E Pollard
University of North Texas
Infant Ment Health J 35:193-209. 2014..of qualitative interviews led to the integration of Belsky's Determinants of Parenting Model (1984) and the Double ABCX Model of Family Adjustment and Adaptation (McCubbin & Patterson, 1983) into a hybrid third theoretical ..
- Loss-of-function variants in ABCA7 confer risk of Alzheimer's diseaseStacy Steinberg
deCODE Genetics, Reykjavik, Iceland
Nat Genet 47:445-7. 2015..We found that loss-of-function variants in ABCA7 confer risk of Alzheimer's disease in Icelanders (odds ratio (OR) = 2.12, P = 2...
- ATP-binding cassette transporter A7 (ABCA7) loss of function alters Alzheimer amyloid processingKanayo Satoh
From the Tanz Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5T 2S8, Canada
J Biol Chem 290:24152-65. 2015The ATP-binding cassette transporter A7 (ABCA7) has been identified as a susceptibility factor of late onset Alzheimer disease in genome-wide association studies...
- Family Adaptation to Stroke: A Metasynthesis of Qualitative Research based on Double ABCX ModelAli Hesamzadeh
Department of Nursing, The University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Asian Nurs Res (Korean Soc Nurs Sci) 9:177-84. 2015..interpretive review of research into subjective experience of families with stroke survivors based on the components of the Double ABCX Model including stressors, resources, perception, coping strategies, and adaptation of these families.
- Understanding the function of ABCA7 in Alzheimer's diseaseHongyun Li
Illawarra Health and Medical Research Institute, University of Wollongong, NSW 2522, Australia School of Biological Sciences, University of Wollongong, NSW 2522, Australia
Biochem Soc Trans 43:920-3. 2015ATP-binding cassette transporter A7 (ABCA7) is highly expressed in the brain. Recent genome-wide association studies (GWAS) identify ABCA7 single nt polymorphisms (SNPs) that increase Alzheimer's disease (AD) risk...
- Molecular Basis of Familial and Sporadic Alzheimer's DiseaseJolanta Dorszewska
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Department of Neurology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, 49, Przybyszewskiego st, 60 355 Poznan, Poland
Curr Alzheimer Res 13:952-63. 2016..molecular factors related to the immunological cause (TREM2) of the disease are a disorder of the lipid (ABCA1, ABCA7) or biothiol (MTHFD1) metabolism and of the transport of metabolites (BIN1)...
- ABCA7 Deficiency Accelerates Amyloid-β Generation and Alzheimer's Neuronal PathologyNobutaka Sakae
Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224
J Neurosci 36:3848-59. 2016..b>ABCA7 is homologous to a major lipid transporter ABCA1 and is highly expressed in neurons and microglia in the brain...
- ABCA7 rare variants and Alzheimer disease riskKilan Le Guennec
From INSERM K L G, G N, O Q, C C, D W, S R, A C R, A R L, T F, D H, D C, U1079, IRIB, University of Rouen, Normandy University Normandy Centre for Genomic Medicine and Personalized Medicine K L G, G N, O Q, C C, D W, S R, A C R, A R L, T F, D H, D C, Rouen Department of Genetics G N, T F, D H, CNR MAJ G N, O Q, C C, D W
Neurology 86:2134-7. 2016To study the association between ABCA7 rare coding variants and Alzheimer disease (AD) in a case-control setting.
- Overlap between Parkinson disease and Alzheimer disease in ABCA7 functional variantsKaren Nuytemans
John P Hussman Institute for Human Genomics and The Morris K Udall Parkinson Disease Center of Excellence, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, FL
Neurol Genet 2:e44. 2016Given their reported function in phagocytosis and clearance of protein aggregates in Alzheimer disease (AD), we hypothesized that variants in ATP-binding cassette transporter A7 (ABCA7) might be involved in Parkinson disease (PD).
- ABCA7 frameshift deletion associated with Alzheimer disease in African AmericansHOLLY N CUKIER
John P Hussman Institute for Human Genomics H N C, B W K, S R, K L H N, M A K, P L W, D V B, D M D, M L C, J M V, J R G, G W B, E R M, R M C, M A P V, Department of Neurology H N C, J M V, M A P V, Dr John T Macdonald Foundation Department of Human Genetics D M D, M L C, J M V, J R G, G W B, E R M, R M C, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, FL The Taub Institute for Research on Alzheimer s Disease and the Aging Brain B N V, R M, Gertrude H Sergievsky Center, Departments of Neurology, Psychiatry, and Epidemiology, Department of Dermatology
Neurol Genet 2:e79. 2016To identify a causative variant(s) that may contribute to Alzheimer disease (AD) in African Americans (AA) in the ATP-binding cassette, subfamily A (ABC1), member 7 (ABCA7) gene, a known risk factor for late-onset AD.
- Genetic Variations in ABCA7 Can Increase Secreted Levels of Amyloid-β40 and Amyloid-β42 Peptides and ABCA7 Transcription in Cell Culture ModelsMichelle Bamji-Mirza
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Alzheimers Dis 53:875-92. 2016Alzheimer's disease (AD) is characterized by extracellular deposits of amyloid-β (Aβ) in the brain. ABCA7 is highly expressed in the brain and a susceptibility gene for late-onset AD (LOAD)...
- Mental health and positive change among Japanese mothers of children with intellectual disabilities: Roles of sense of coherence and social capitalMiyako Kimura
Department of Preventive Medicine, St Marianna University School of Medicine, 2 16 1 Sugao, Miyamae ku, Kawasaki shi, Kanagawa 216 8511, Japan Electronic address
Res Dev Disabil 59:43-54. 2016..change among mothers of children with intellectual disabilities in Japan based on the concept of the Double ABCX model...
- Fine-mapping the effects of Alzheimer's disease risk loci on brain morphologyGennady V Roshchupkin
Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands Department of Medical Informatics, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Neurobiol Aging 48:204-211. 2016..Brain regions most significantly associated with AD risk variants were the left postcentral gyrus with ABCA7 (rs4147929, p = 4.45 × 10-6), right superior frontal gyrus by ZCWPW1 (rs1476679, p = 5...
- Perceived Stress and Social Adaptation of the Primary Caregivers of Children with Intellectual DisabilitiesMohd Ashik Shahrier
University of Rajshahi Bangladesh
Span J Psychol 19:E87. 2016The study aimed to explore whether McCubbin and Patterson's Double ABCX model of stress and adaptation can promote a better understanding of the impacts of social support, definition of the stressor and coping strategies on stress and ..
- Computational Screening and Exploration of Disease-Associated Genes in Alzheimer's DiseaseSalma Jamal
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Banasthali University, Tonk, Rajasthan, India
J Cell Biochem . 2016..methods to examine the pathogenic effects of non-synonymous single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) associated with ABCA7, CR1, MS4A6A, CD2AP, PSEN1, PSEN2, and APP genes...
- From Common to Rare Variants: The Genetic Component of Alzheimer DiseaseGael Nicolas
CNR MAJ, Rouen University Hospital, Rouen, France
Hum Hered 81:129-141. 2016..01) in the SORL1 and ABCA7 genes associated with a moderate relative risk (OR approximately 5 and approximately 2.8, respectively)...
- Association of GWAS Top Genes With Late-Onset Alzheimer's Disease in Colombian PopulationDiana Jennifer Moreno
1 Grupo de Genética Molecular, Universidad de Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen . 2016The association of variants in CLU, CR1, PICALM, BIN1, ABCA7, and CD33 genes with late-onset Alzheimer's disease (LOAD) was evaluated and confirmed through genome-wide association study...
- Markers of cholesterol transport are associated with amyloid deposition in the brainTimothy M Hughes
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC, USA Electronic address
Neurobiol Aging 35:802-7. 2014..01), and lower plasma ApoE levels (p = 0.02), and variation in the ABCA7 (p = 0.02) and EPHA1 genes (p = 0.02)...
- Serum amyloid A generates high density lipoprotein with cellular lipid in an ABCA1- or ABCA7-dependent mannerSumiko Abe-Dohmae
Biochemistry, Cell Biology, and Metabolism, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
J Lipid Res 47:1542-50. 2006..SAA reacted with the HEK293-derived clones that stably express human ABCA1 (293/2c) or ABCA7 (293/6c) to generate cholesterol-containing HDL in a similar manner to apoA-I...
- Marriage and family therapists working with couples who have children with autismJulie Ramisch
Family and Child Ecology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Marital Fam Ther 38:305-16. 2012Current research about families and couples who have children with autism is discussed using the Double ABCX model as a guide...
- Maladaptive behaviors of children with autism: parent support, stress, and copingHeather R Hall
University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama 36688, USA
Issues Compr Pediatr Nurs 35:194-214. 2012..Autism Spectrum Disorders are nearly five times more common among boys than girls. Children with autism may develop a variety of socially unacceptable maladaptive behaviors beyond the defining symptoms of the spectrum disorder...
- Expression of novel Alzheimer's disease risk genes in control and Alzheimer's disease brainsCeleste M Karch
Department of Psychiatry and Hope Center for Neurological Disorders, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e50976. 2012..Large-scale genome wide association studies (GWAS) for LOAD have identified 10 novel risk genes: ABCA7, BIN1, CD2AP, CD33, CLU, CR1, EPHA1, MS4A6A, MS4A6E, and PICALM...
- Association of GWAS-linked loci with late-onset Alzheimer's disease in a northern Han Chinese populationLan Tan
Department of Neurology, Qingdao Municipal Hospital, School of Medicine, Qingdao University, PR China
Alzheimers Dement 9:546-53. 2013..recently identified and confirmed 9 novel Alzheimer's disease (AD) susceptibility loci (CLU, CR1, PICALM, BIN1, ABCA7, MS4A gene cluster, CD2AP, CD33, and EPHA1)...
- Initial assessment of the pathogenic mechanisms of the recently identified Alzheimer risk LociPatrick Holton
Department of Molecular Neuroscience, UCL Institute of Neurology, London, UK
Ann Hum Genet 77:85-105. 2013Recent genome wide association studies have identified CLU, CR1, ABCA7 BIN1, PICALM and MS4A6A/MS4A6E in addition to the long established APOE, as loci for Alzheimer's disease...
- ABC proteins: key molecules for lipid homeostasisKei Takahashi
Laboratory of Cellular Biochemistry, Division of Applied Life Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kitashirakawa, Sakyo ku, Japan
Med Mol Morphol 38:2-12. 2005..ABCA1 and ABCA7 mediate the apolipoprotein-dependent formation of a high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol complex...
- Detection of ABCA7-positive cells in salivary glands from patients with Sjögren's syndromeYoshinobu Toda
Center for Anatomical Studies, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Pathol Int 55:639-43. 2005b>ABCA7 is a member of the subfamily A of adenosine triphosphate-binding cassette (ABC) proteins, and highly homologous to ABCA1, which mediates the release of cellular cholesterol and phospholipid to form high-density lipoprotein...
- The genetics and neuropathology of Alzheimer's diseaseGerard D Schellenberg
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6100, USA
Acta Neuropathol 124:305-23. 2012..far accomplished through single nucleotide polymorphism arrays, has revealed nine new genes implicated in AD risk (ABCA7, BIN1, CD33, CD2AP, CLU, CR1, EPHA1, MS4A4E/MS4A6A, and PICALM)...
- Genome-wide association study of Alzheimer's diseaseM I Kamboh
Department of Human Genetics, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Transl Psychiatry 2:e117. 2012..GWASs) have identified nine other genes/loci (CR1, BIN1, CLU, PICALM, MS4A4/MS4A6E, CD2AP, CD33, EPHA1 and ABCA7) for late-onset Alzheimer's disease (LOAD)...
- Association of GWAS top hits with late-onset Alzheimer disease in Korean populationSun Ju Chung
Department of Neurology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 27:250-7. 2013..We selected 86 single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) selected from 12 genes (ABCA7, APOE, BIN1, CD2AP, CD33, CLU, CR1, EPHA1, LRAT, MS4A6A, PCDH11X, and PICALM) and genotyped in 290 AD cases and ..
- Role of Abca7 in mouse behaviours relevant to neurodegenerative diseasesWarren Logge
Neuroscience Research Australia, Randwick, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e45959. 2012..Recent studies suggest that the ABC transporter ABCA7 may play a role in the development of brain disorders such as schizophrenia and Alzheimer's disease...
- Allele-specific polymerase chain reaction for the detection of Alzheimer's disease-related single nucleotide polymorphismsMohd Nazif Darawi
Brain Science Research Laboratory, Faculty of Pharmacy, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Puncak Alam, Selangor, 42300, Malaysia
BMC Med Genet 14:27. 2013..apolipoprotein E such as bridging integrator (BIN1), clusterin (CLU), ATP-binding cassette sub-family A member 7 (ABCA7), complement receptor 1 (CR1) and phosphatidylinositol binding clathrin assembly protein (PICALM)...
- Identifying gene locus associations with promyelocytic leukemia nuclear bodies using immuno-TRAPReagan W Ching
Genetics and Genome Biology Program, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
J Cell Biol 201:325-35. 2013..a TP53 gene-PML NB association, immuno-TRAP allowed us to uncover novel locus-PML NB associations, including the ABCA7 and TFF1 loci and, most surprisingly, the PML locus itself...
- Interaction between two cholesterol metabolism genes influences memory: findings from the Wisconsin Registry for Alzheimer's PreventionCorinne D Engelman
Department of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53726, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 36:749-57. 2013..Interactions between the APOE ε4 allele and both of the genotyped ABCA7 SNPs, rs3764650 and rs3752246, were associated with all three cognitive factor scores (p-values ≤ 0.01)...
- Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease genome-wide association study top hits and risk of Parkinson's disease in Korean populationSun Ju Chung
Department of Neurology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Neurobiol Aging 34:2695.e1-7. 2013..We selected 25 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in 9 genes (ABCA7, APOE, BST1, CLU, CR1, LRRK2, PARK16, PICALM, and SNCA) that were genotyped in 1036 PD case patients and 1208 ..
- Genetic susceptibility for Alzheimer disease neuritic plaque pathologyJoshua M Shulman
Departments of Neurology and Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas2Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston
JAMA Neurol 70:1150-7. 2013..While numerous genetic susceptibility loci have been identified for clinical Alzheimer disease (AD), it is important to establish whether these variants are risk factors for the underlying disease pathology, including neuritic plaques...
- ABCA7 expression is associated with Alzheimer's disease polymorphism and disease statusJared B Vasquez
Department of Physiology, Sanders Brown Center on Aging, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, United States
Neurosci Lett 556:58-62. 2013..SNPs within the gene ATP binding cassette A7 (ABCA7) reached significance in these studies, warranting investigation into their actions...
- Identification of a novel human sterol-sensitive ATP-binding cassette transporter (ABCA7)W E Kaminski
Institute for Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, Regensburg, D 93042, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 273:532-8. 2000..In accordance with the currently proposed classification, the novel transporter was designated ABCA7. ABCA7 mRNA was detected predominantly in myelo-lymphatic tissues with highest expression in peripheral leukocytes,..
- Affinity selection of cDNA libraries by lambda phage surface displayM Niwa
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Gene 256:229-36. 2000..Thus, the bacteriophage lambda surface display is powerful for isolating cDNA clones by affinity screening...
- Genomic organization of the human cholesterol-responsive ABC transporter ABCA7: tandem linkage with the minor histocompatibility antigen HA-1 geneW E Kaminski
Institute for Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, Regensburg, D 93042, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 278:782-9. 2000We have recently cloned a novel cholesterol-responsive ABC transporter, designated ABCA7, which is predominantly expressed in human leukocytes. Here we report the structure of the human ABCA7 gene...
- Complete coding sequence, promoter region, and genomic structure of the human ABCA2 gene and evidence for sterol-dependent regulation in macrophagesW E Kaminski
Institute for Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, 93042, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 281:249-58. 2001..ABCA2 shares highest homology with the cholesterol-responsive transporters ABCA1 (50%) and the recently cloned ABCA7 (44%). The ABCA2 gene comprises 48 exons which are localized within a genomic region of only 21 kb...
- Short-term memory for serial order in schizophrenia: a detailed examination of error typesB Elvevåg
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Neuropsychology 15:128-35. 2001..g., ABCD being recalled as ABDC) or intrusion errors (e.g., ABCD being recalled as ABCX), whereas simple trace decay would lead to omission errors (e.g., ABCD being recalled as ABC_)...
- Human ABCA1 contains a large amino-terminal extracellular domain homologous to an epitope of Sjögren's SyndromeA R Tanaka
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Division of Applied Life Sciences, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kyoto, 606 8502, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 283:1019-25. 2001..We found that this amino-terminal extracellular domain contains a segment homologous to the autoantigen SS-N, an epitope of Sjögren's syndrome, and further identified that ABCA7 codes for the autoantigen SS-N.
- Comparative analysis of the promoter structure and genomic organization of the human and mouse ABCA7 gene encoding a novel ABCA transporterC Broccardo
Centre d Immunologie INSERM CNRS de Marseille Luminy, Marseille, France
Cytogenet Cell Genet 92:264-70. 2001..genomic and transcriptional characterization in mouse and man of a novel transporter of the ABCA subclass, named ABCA7. As it is the case for other ABCA genes, the predicted protein encoded by ABCA7 is a full symmetric transporter, ..
- Catalog of 605 single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) among 13 genes encoding human ATP-binding cassette transporters: ABCA4, ABCA7, ABCA8, ABCD1, ABCD3, ABCD4, ABCE1, ABCF1, ABCG1, ABCG2, ABCG4, ABCG5, and ABCG8Aritoshi Iida
Laboratory for Genotyping, RIKEN SNP Research Center, Tokyo, Japan
J Hum Genet 47:285-310. 2002..additional loci, specifically 13 genes belonging to the superfamily of ATP-binding cassette transporters ( ABCA4, ABCA7, ABCA8, ABCD1, ABCD3, ABCD4, ABCE1, ABCF1, ABCG1, ABCG2, ABCG4, ABCG5, and ABCG8)...
- Gender differences in adapting to a child's chronic illness: a causal modelShira Katz
Nursing Department, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
J Pediatr Nurs 17:257-69. 2002..variables contributing to their adaptation and (2) the suitability of the causal model based on the Double ABCX Model to predict parents' adaptation to the child's illness...
- Chromosomal localization of genes involved in biosynthesis, metabolism or transport of cholesterol in the ratA C M Bonné
Department of Laboratory Animal Science, Veterinary Faculty, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cytogenet Genome Res 97:183-6. 2002..for phospholipid transfer protein (Pltp), sterol carrier protein-2 (Scp2), ATP binding cassette reporter A7 (Abca7), scavenger receptor class B, type 1 (Cd36l1), steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (Star), and lecithin:..
- Cloning of rat ABCA7 and its preferential expression in plateletsMari Sasaki
Department of Cell Membrane Biology, Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research, Osaka University, Ibaraki, Osaka 567 0047, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 304:777-82. 2003We cloned the full-length cDNA of a rat orthologue of ABCA7 (rABCA7) from rat platelets. The cDNA of rABCA7 is 6510bp in length and encodes a protein of 2170 amino acids...
- Explaining the parental stress of fathers and mothers caring for a child with intellectual disability: a Double ABCX ModelT Saloviita
Department of Special Education, University of Jyvaskyla, Jyvaskyla, Finland
J Intellect Disabil Res 47:300-12. 2003Twenty variables based on the Double ABCX Model of adaptation and selected on the basis of previous research were chosen to explain the parental stress of the mothers (n = 116) and fathers (n = 120) of children with an intellectual ..
- ST segment resolution in ASSENT 3: insights into the role of three different treatment strategies for acute myocardial infarctionPaul W Armstrong
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Eur Heart J 24:1515-22. 2003..demonstrated that the bolus fibrinolytic tenecteplase (TNK), combined with enoxaparin (ENOX) or abciximab (ABCX), substantially reduced ischemic complications of acute myocardial infarction as compared with unfractionated ..
- Adenosine triphosphate binding cassette (ABC) transporters are expressed and regulated during terminal keratinocyte differentiation: a potential role for ABCA7 in epidermal lipid reorganizationDanuta Kielar
Institute for Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, D 93042 Regensburg, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 121:465-74. 2003..The recently cloned transporter ABCA7 was highly expressed in keratinocytes and HaCaT cells and upregulated during differentiation...
- Human ABCA7 supports apolipoprotein-mediated release of cellular cholesterol and phospholipid to generate high density lipoproteinSumiko Abe-Dohmae
Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Metabolism 1, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:604-11. 2004..cholesterol and phospholipids was induced in HEK293 cells by expressing human ATP-binding cassette transporter A7 (ABCA7) and ABC transporter A1 (ABCA1) proteins, whether transient or stable, to generate cholesterol-rich high density ..
- Posttranscriptional regulation of human ABCA7 and its function for the apoA-I-dependent lipid releaseYuika Ikeda
Laboratory of Cellular Biochemistry, Division of Applied Life Sciences, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 311:313-8. 2003b>ABCA7 is expressed predominantly in myelo-lymphatic tissues or reticuloendothelial cells. Physiological role and function of this protein are not fully understood...
- Korean mothers' psychosocial adjustment to their children's cancerHae Ra Han
School of Nursing, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 2110, USA
J Adv Nurs 44:499-506. 2003..Although parental adjustment has been a research topic for many years, little research has been conducted among families in different cultures and countries...
- Finding meaning in parenting a child with Asperger syndrome: correlates of sense making and benefit findingKenneth I Pakenham
Behaviour Research and Therapy Centre, School of Psychology, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Res Dev Disabil 25:245-64. 2004..in parents of a child with Asperger syndrome, and examined relations between both meaning constructs and the Double ABCX family stress model variables (initial stressor and pile-up of demands, appraisal, social support, coping ..
- Predictors of the stage of residential planning among aging families of adults with severe mental illnessGregory C Smith
School of Family and Consumer Studies, Kent State University, 144 Nixson Hall, Kent, OH 44242, USA
Psychiatr Serv 55:804-10. 2004This study identified predictors of the extent of residential planning carried out by aging families of adults with severe mental illness according to the conceptual framework of the Double ABCX model of family coping and adaptation.
- ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 contains a novel C-terminal VFVNFA motif that is required for its cholesterol efflux and ApoA-I binding activitiesMichael L Fitzgerald
Lipid Metabolism Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Biol Chem 279:48477-85. 2004..Chimeric transporters, generated by substituting the C termini of either ABCA4 or ABCA7 for the endogenous terminus, demonstrated that ABCA1 could stimulate cholesterol efflux without its PDZ-binding ..
- Potential role of ABCA7 in cellular lipid efflux to apoA-IPatrick Linsel-Nitschke
Division of Molecular Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
J Lipid Res 46:86-92. 2005b>ABCA7 is homologous to ABCA1 and has recently been shown in cell culture to bind apolipoprotein A-I (apoA-I) and to promote the efflux of phospholipids. However, it is not known if ABCA7 promotes lipid efflux in vivo...
- Abca7 null mice retain normal macrophage phosphatidylcholine and cholesterol efflux activity despite alterations in adipose mass and serum cholesterol levelsWoojin Scott Kim
Lipid Metabolism Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Biol Chem 280:3989-95. 2005..Although the functions of the other 10 ABCA class transporters identified in the human genome remain obscure, ABCA7-transfected cells have been shown to efflux lipids in response to stimulation by apolipoprotein A-I...
- Homozygosity for the 168His variant of the minor histocompatibility antigen HA-1 is associated with reduced risk of primary Sjögren's syndromeMariann Harangi
Institute for Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, University of Regensburg, D 93042 Regensburg, Germany
Eur J Immunol 35:305-17. 2005The genes for the human ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporter ABCA7 and the minor histocompatibility antigen HA-1 are juxtaposed in close proximity on chromosome 19p13.3...
- Empowerment in parents of school-aged children with and without developmental disabilitiesJ S Nachshen
Queen s University, Department of Psychology, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Intellect Disabil Res 49:889-904. 2005..This study examined the factors that contribute to empowerment in parents of school-aged children with and without developmental disabilities (DD) using the Double ABCX model of family adaptation contrasted with the linear ACBX model.
- Left ventricular remodeling after primary coronary angioplasty in patients treated with abciximab or intracoronary adenosineAnna S Petronio
Cardiothoracic Department, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Am Heart J 150:1015. 2005..Our aim was to evaluate the impact of abciximab and adenosine on immediate angiographic results and on 6-month left ventricular remodeling...
- ABCA7, a molecule with unknown functionSumiko Abe-Dohmae
Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Metabolism, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kawasumi 1, Nagoya, Aichi 467 8601, Japan
FEBS Lett 580:1178-82. 2006Many ABC proteins are functional in cellular lipid transport in various different manners. ABCA7 is a full-size ABC transporter, the physiological function of which is unknown to date...
- Acute digoxin loading reduces ABCA8A mRNA expression in the mouse liverMichi Wakaumi
Department of Pharmacology, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Jichi Medical School, Kawachi, Tochigi, Japan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 32:1034-41. 2005..Similar reductions in ABCA5, ABCA7, ABCA8b and ABCA9 mRNA were also observed...
- Quantitation of ATP-binding cassette subfamily-A transporter gene expression in primary human brain cellsWoojin S Kim
Prince of Wales Medical Research Institute, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia
Neuroreport 17:891-6. 2006Five ATP-binding cassette (ABC) subfamily-A transporters (ABCA1, ABCA2, ABCA3, ABCA7 and ABCA8) are expressed in the brain...
- ABCA7 expression is regulated by cellular cholesterol through the SREBP2 pathway and associated with phagocytosisNoriyuki Iwamoto
Biochemistry, Cell Biology, and Metabolism 1, Nagoya City University, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
J Lipid Res 47:1915-27. 2006b>ABCA7 is highly homologous to ABCA1 and mediates cellular cholesterol and phospholipid release by apolipoproteins when transfected in vitro...
- Individual and marital adaptation in men with autism spectrum disorder and their spouses: the role of social support and coping strategiesJo Renty
Research Group Developmental Disorders, Department of Experimental Clinical and Health Psychology, Ghent University, Henri Dunantlaan 2, B 9000, Ghent, Belgium
J Autism Dev Disord 37:1247-55. 2007..and marital adaptation in adult men with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and their spouses, based on the double ABCX model of adaptation...
- The ABCA2 transporter: intracellular roles in trafficking and metabolism of LDL-derived cholesterol and sterol-related compoundsJody T Mack
Department of Cell and Molecular Pharmacology, Medical University of South Carolina, 173 Ashley Avenue, BSB303, P O Box 250505 Charleston, SC 29425 0001, USA
Curr Drug Metab 8:47-57. 2007..This transporter, along with other proteins that have a high degree of homology to ABCA2, including ABCA1 and ABCA7, are up-regulated in human macrophages during cholesterol import...
- [Stress in mothers of individuals with autistic spectrum disorders]Pilar Pozo Cabanillas
Universidad Nacional de Educacion a Distancia, Madrid, Spain
Psicothema 18:342-7. 2006..We proposed a multi-factorial and global model based on the Double ABCX model of family stress (McCubbin & Patterson, 1983) in which, the factor aA (stressor) interacts with bB (..
- Correlation of induction of ATP binding cassette transporter A5 (ABCA5) and ABCB1 mRNAs with differentiation state of human colon tumorSumio Ohtsuki
Department of Molecular Biopharmacy and Genetics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 30:1144-6. 2007..ABCA6 mRNA was detected in lung and liver, and ABCA8 was detected in lung. ABCA6, ABCA7 and ABCA8 mRNAs were not detected in any tumors, but weak mRNA expression of ABCA10 was detected in all tumors ..
- Mapping ATP-binding cassette transporter gene expression profiles in melanocytes and melanoma cellsSusanne Heimerl
Institute of Clinical Chemistry, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Melanoma Res 17:265-73. 2007..ABCB3, ABCB6, ABCC2, ABCC4, ABCE1 and ABCF2 were significantly increased in melanoma cell lines, whereas ABCA7, ABCA12, ABCB2, ABCB4, ABCB5 and ABCD1 showed lower expression levels...
- A novel method to quantify sphingosine 1-phosphate by immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC)Yong Moon Lee
Center for Vascular Biology, Department of Cell Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030 3505, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 84:154-62. 2007..also used to demonstrate that plasma S1P levels were not altered in mice deficient for ABC transporters, Abca1, Abca7 and Abcc1/Mrp1...
- ATP-binding cassette transporter A7 regulates processing of amyloid precursor protein in vitroSharon L Chan
Prince of Wales Medical Research Institute, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia
J Neurochem 106:793-804. 2008ATP-binding cassette transporter A7 (ABCA7) is expressed in the brain and, like its closest homolog ABCA1, belongs to the ABCA subfamily of full-length ABC transporters...
- Differential expression of ABC transporters and their regulatory genes during lactation and dry period in bovine mammary tissueCarolin Farke
Physiology Weihenstephan, Technical University Munich, 85354 Freising, Germany
J Dairy Res 75:406-14. 2008..Five ABC transporter genes, namely ABCA1, ABCA7, ABCG1, ABCG2 and ABCG5, their regulating genes LXRalpha, PPARgamma, SREBP1 and the milk proteins lactoferrin and ..
- ATP-binding cassette transporters ABCA1, ABCA7, and ABCG1 in mouse spermatozoaCarlos R Morales
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, McGill University, Montreal, Que, Canada H3A2B2
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 376:472-7. 2008..Candidate transporters are members of the ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporter superfamily including ABCA1, ABCA7, ABCG1 and ABCG4, which have all been implicated in the transport of sterols and phospholipids to apolipoproteins ..
- Defective CFTR increases synthesis and mass of sphingolipids that modulate membrane composition and lipid signalingHiroko Hamai
Department of Pathology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Lipid Res 50:1101-8. 2009..synthesis and mass, whereas overexpression of wild-type CFTR, but not of an unrelated ABC transporter, ABCA7, decreases sphingolipid synthesis and mass...
- Characterization of the ATP-binding cassette transporter gene expression profile in Y79: a retinoblastoma cell lineDoris Hendig
Institut fur Laboratoriums und Transfusionsmedizin, Herz und Diabeteszentrum Nordrhein Westfalen, Universitatsklinik der Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Bad Oeynhausen, Germany
Mol Cell Biochem 328:85-92. 2009..Y79 cells demonstrate high gene expression of ABCA7, ABCA12, ABCB7, ABCB10, ABCC1, ABCC4, ABCD3, ABCE1, ABCF1, ABCF2, and ABCF3 (more than twofold compared to pooled ..
- Differential expression and localization of lipid transporters in the bovine mammary gland during the pregnancy-lactation cycleO Mani
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, University of Bern, CH 3012 Bern, Switzerland
J Dairy Sci 92:3744-56. 2009..Blood serum metabolites were determined by common enzymatic chemistries. Elevated mRNA profiles of ABCA1 and ABCA7 were found during DP as compared with lactation and were inversely associated with blood cholesterol levels...
- Apoptotic engulfment pathway and schizophreniaXiangning Chen
Department of Psychiatry and Virginia Institute for Psychiatric and Behavior Genetics, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6875. 2009..In this study, we followed the apoptotic engulfment pathway involving the MEGF10, GULP1, ABCA1 and ABCA7 genes and tested their association with the disease.
- Knowledge for the good of the individual and society: linking philosophy, disciplinary goals, theory, and practiceMary K McCurry
Department of Adult and Child Nursing, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, North Dartmouth, MA 02747, USA
Nurs Philos 11:42-52. 2010..McCubbin and Patterson's Double ABCX Model of Family Adaptation was used as an example of a theory that can guide practice at the community and global ..
- Maternal coping and adaptation: A case study examination of chronic sorrow in caring for an adolescent with a progressive neurodegenerative diseaseAmanda M E Bettle
IWK Health Centre, Halifax, NS
Can J Neurosci Nurs 31:15-21. 2009..McCubbin and Patterson's (1983) Double ABCX model of Adjustment and Adaptation was used to explore ongoing maternal coping and adaptation...
- Expression of ABC-type transport proteins in human plateletsJuliane Niessen
Department of Pharmacology, Research Center of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
Pharmacogenet Genomics 20:396-400. 2010..On the protein level ABCA7, ABCB4, ABCC1, ABCC3 and ABCC4 were identified by liquid chromatography/MS/MS and localized by immunofluorescence ..
- Expression, localization, and functional model of cholesterol transporters in lactating and nonlactating mammary tissues of murine, bovine, and human originOrlando Mani
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 299:R642-54. 2010..lipid homeostasis and mammary gland (MG) physiology, we compared expression and localization of ABCA1, ABCG1, and ABCA7 and their regulatory genes in mammary tissues of different species during the pregnancy-lactation cycle...
- Helical apolipoproteins of high-density lipoprotein enhance phagocytosis by stabilizing ATP-binding cassette transporter A7Nobukiyo Tanaka
Department of Biochemistry, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
J Lipid Res 51:2591-9. 2010..Therefore we investigated the molecular basis of this reaction in association with the function of ABCA7. Similar to ABCA1, ABCA7 was degraded, likely by calpain, and apoA-I and apoA-II stabilize ABCA7 against ..
- The double ABCX model of adaptation in racially diverse families with a school-age child with autismMargaret M Manning
Department of Psychology, University of Massachusetts Boston, Boston, MA 02452, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 41:320-31. 2011In this study, the Double ABCX model of family adaptation was used to explore the impact of severity of autism symptoms, behavior problems, social support, religious coping, and reframing, on outcomes related to family functioning and ..
- Postflood disaster management and the home health nurse: using theory to guide practiceSusan M Hunter Revell
Department of Adult and Child Nursing, College of Nursing, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, North Dartmouth, Massachusetts 02747, USA
J Community Health Nurs 27:126-36. 2010..The Double ABCX Model of Family Adaptation is offered as an example of a guiding framework for nurses in postflood management...
- CRAIG STEPHEN ATWOOD; Fiscal Year: 2014..Importantly, APOE ?4, the major risk factor for AD, and ABCA7, recently associated with AD from GWAS, alter the neuronal transport of cholesterol, the precursor from which all ..
- Heba Nowyhed; Fiscal Year: 2015..b>ABCA7, an adenosine triphosphate binding cassette transporter, has been shown to be upregulated in immune cells in ..
- Richard P Mayeux; Fiscal Year: 2016..of these newly identified genetic risk factors, namely SNPs in PICALM, CLU, BIN1, MS4A gene clusters, CD33, CD2AP, ABCA7 and EPHA1 using the multiplex families recruited through the National Institute on Aging-Late Onset Alzheimer'..
- M Ilyas Kamboh; Fiscal Year: 2016..studies (GWAS) have identified significant associations of LOAD with SNPs in nine additional loci, including, ABCA7, MS4A4, EPHA1, CLU, CR1, PICALM, BIN1, CD2AP and CD33 and all, but CR1 and CD2AP, have been replicated in our GWAS ..
- ABCA7: Cellular Functions and Role in AtherosclerosisAlan Tall; Fiscal Year: 2009b>ABCA7 and ABCA1 are related ABC transporters that have been proposed to function in cellular lipid efflux and in phagocytosis of apoptotic cells...
- GENOMIC ANALYSIS OF ALZHEIMERS DISEASE GENESGerard Schellenberg; Fiscal Year: 2002..A fifth goal is to refine the location of additional AD loci using Monte Carlo simulation methods for analysis of family data. ..
- Cloning of Late-onset Alzheimer's Disease GenesGerard Schellenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..For type specifications, see instructions on pages.) RESEARCHGRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page _ .-. '. _....'. _ 1 Description, ..
- 4/5-Elucidating the Genetic Architecture of Autism by Deep Genomic SequencingGERARD DAVID SCHELLENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Stress, Coping, and Well-Being of Custodial GrandparentsGregory Smith; Fiscal Year: 2003..Aim 5 is to archive the data for eventual use by other researchers; The findings of this study will inform the development of interventions tailored to assist custodial grandparents and their families. ..
- Better Breast Health for Korean American WomenHae Ra Han; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Online Intervention to Improve Stroke Care From SpousesGregory Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..Prior psychosocial intervention research with informal stroke CGs has been scarce, equivocal in findings, methodologically flawed, and without theoretical foundation. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..