Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HDvgp2
Alias: delta antigen
Species: Hepatitis D virus
- Molecular cloning and sequencing of a human hepatitis delta (delta) virus RNAS Makino
Nature 329:343-6. 1987..Five open reading frames (ORFs) of more than 100 amino acids in both genomic and anti-genomic sense were found. The largest ORF in antigenomic sense, which can code for 214 amino acids, may correspond to the HDAg...
- Large hepatitis delta antigen is a novel clathrin adaptor-like proteinCheng Huang
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, No 1, Jen Ai Road, First Section, Taipei, Taiwan
J Virol 81:5985-94. 2007..box known to be conserved in clathrin adaptors was identified at the C terminus of the large hepatitis delta antigen (HDAg-L)...
- Transcription factor YY1 and its associated acetyltransferases CBP and p300 interact with hepatitis delta antigens and modulate hepatitis delta virus RNA replicationWen Hung Huang
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan 112, Republic of China
J Virol 82:7313-24. 2008..HDV encodes two isoforms of delta antigen (HDAg), the small and large forms of HDAg (SHDAg and LHDAg), which are essential for HDV RNA replication and ..
- Nuclear export signal-interacting protein forms complexes with lamin A/C-Nups to mediate the CRM1-independent nuclear export of large hepatitis delta antigenCheng Huang
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
J Virol 87:1596-604. 2013..The nuclear export of the large form of hepatitis delta antigen (HDAg-L), a nucleocapsid protein of hepatitis delta virus (HDV), which contains a CRM1-independent proline-..
- Arginine-rich motifs are not required for hepatitis delta virus RNA binding activity of the hepatitis delta antigenLeighton H Daigh
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Virol 87:8665-74. 2013..and packaging require interactions between the unbranched rodlike structure of HDV RNA and hepatitis delta antigen (HDAg), a basic, disordered, oligomeric protein...
- Cloning and sequencing of RNA of hepatitis delta virus isolated from human serumJ A Saldanha
Department of Medicine, St Mary s Hospital Medical School, London, U K
J Gen Virol 71:1603-6. 1990..Comparison with the three complete published sequences shows that a region of the HDV genome, between positions 620 and 1350, which contains sequences involved in replication and possibly pathogenicity, is highly conserved...
- C. elegans ced-13 can promote apoptosis and is induced in response to DNA damageB Schumacher
Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Am Klopferspitz 18a, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Cell Death Differ 12:153-61. 2005..elegans germ line in response to p53 activation. We propose that an evolutionarily conserved pathway exists in which p53 promotes cell death by inducing expression of two BH3-only genes...
- Hepatitis delta antigen binds to the clamp of RNA polymerase II and affects transcriptional fidelityYuki Yamaguchi
Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
Genes Cells 12:863-75. 2007..proceed via RNA-dependent RNA synthesis by RNA polymerase II (Pol II), and the viral protein called hepatitis delta antigen (HDAg) is essential for these processes...
- Histone H1e interacts with small hepatitis delta antigen and affects hepatitis delta virus replicationCha Ze Lee
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Virology 375:197-204. 2008..We conclude that histone H1e plays a significant role in HDV replication through forming protein complex with SHDAg...
- The C-terminal sequence of the large hepatitis delta antigen is variable but retains the ability to bind clathrinYu Cheng Wang
Department of Microbiology, Graduate Institute of Biomedical Science, Chang Gung University, Kwei Shan, Tao Yuan 333, Taiwan
Virol J 6:31. 2009..If LDAg binding to clathrin is essential to HDV life cycle, a clathrin box sequence at the C-terminus of LDAg should be conserved across all HDV. However, the C-terminal sequence of LDAg is variable among 43 HDV isolates...
- Intracellular localization of hepatitis delta virus proteins in the presence and absence of viral RNA accumulationZiying Han
Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111 2497, USA
J Virol 83:6457-63. 2009Hepatitis delta virus (HDV) encodes one protein, hepatitis delta antigen (deltaAg), a 195-amino-acid RNA binding protein essential for the accumulation of HDV RNA-directed RNA transcripts...
- Clathrin-mediated post-Golgi membrane trafficking in the morphogenesis of hepatitis delta virusCheng Huang
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute of Microbiology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
J Virol 83:12314-24. 2009..We have previously demonstrated that large hepatitis delta antigen (HDAg-L) functions as a clathrin adaptor, but the detailed mechanisms of clathrin involvement in the ..
- Modification of small hepatitis delta virus antigen by SUMO proteinChung Hsin Tseng
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115, Taiwan
J Virol 84:918-27. 2010Hepatitis delta antigen (HDAg) is a nuclear protein that is intimately involved in hepatitis delta virus (HDV) RNA replication. HDAg consists of two protein species, the small form (S-HDAg) and the large form (L-HDAg)...
- Intrinsic disorder and oligomerization of the hepatitis delta virus antigenCarolina Alves
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Virology 407:333-40. 2010..Oligomers of purified δAg were resistant to elevated NaCl and urea concentrations, and bound without specificity to RNA and single- and double-stranded DNAs...
- The heterogeneous ribonuclear protein C interacts with the hepatitis delta virus small antigenAna Casaca
Unidade de Microbiologia Médica, Centro de Malaria e Outras Doencas Tropicais, Instituto de Higiene e Medicina Tropical, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Lisboa, Portugal
Virol J 8:358. 2011..This ORF codes for a unique protein, the Delta antigen (HDAg)...