Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: wisp
Alias: CG15737, DmCG15737, Dmel\CG15737, TAMP, Wisp, fs(1)M19, CG15737 gene product from transcript CG15737-RC, CG15737-PA, CG15737-PB, CG15737-PC, WISPY, female sterile(1)M19, temprano, toll pathway activation mediating protein, wisp-PA, wisp-PB, wisp-PC
Species: fruit fly
- subito encodes a kinesin-like protein required for meiotic spindle pole formation in Drosophila melanogasterKelly L Giunta
Waksman Institute and Department of Genetics, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Genetics 160:1489-501. 2002..sub is also required for the early embryonic divisions but is otherwise dispensable for most mitotic divisions...
- Wispy, the Drosophila homolog of GLD-2, is required during oogenesis and egg activationJun Cui
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Genetics 178:2017-29. 2008..b>wispy (wisp) maternal-effect mutations in Drosophila block development during the egg-to-embryo transition...
- PAP- and GLD-2-type poly(A) polymerases are required sequentially in cytoplasmic polyadenylation and oogenesis in DrosophilaPerrine Benoit
mRNA Regulation and Development, Institut de Genetique Humaine, CNRS UPR 1142, 141 rue de la Cardonille, 34396 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Development 135:1969-79. 2008..We show that the female germline GLD-2 is encoded by wispy. Wispy acts as a poly(A) polymerase in a tethering assay and in vivo for cytoplasmic polyadenylation of specific ..
- Cytoplasmic polyadenylation is a major mRNA regulator during oogenesis and egg activation in DrosophilaJun Cui
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Biotechnology Bldg, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, United States
Dev Biol 383:121-31. 2013..b>WISPY is a GLD-2 enzyme that acts in the Drosophila female germline and is required for the completion of the egg-to-..
- Cytoplasmic polyadenylation element binding proteins in development, health, and diseaseMaria Ivshina
Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605 email
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 30:393-415. 2014..We review the biochemical features of the CPEB proteins, discuss their activities in several biological systems, and illustrate how understanding CPEB activity in model organisms has an important impact on neurological disease. ..
- Adenylation of maternally inherited microRNAs by WispyMihye Lee
Center for RNA Research, Institute for Basic Science, Seoul 151 742, Korea School of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Mol Cell 56:696-707. 2014..Maternal microRNA adenylation is widely conserved in fly, sea urchin, and mouse. We identify Wispy, a noncanonical poly(A) polymerase, as the enzyme responsible for microRNA adenylation in flies...
- Wispy and Orb cooperate in the cytoplasmic polyadenylation of localized gurken mRNAAmanda Norvell
Department of Biology, The College of New Jersey, Ewing, New Jersey
Dev Dyn 244:1276-85. 2015....
- Genome-wide analysis of mRNA decay patterns during early Drosophila developmentStefan Thomsen
Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EJ, UK
Genome Biol 11:R93. 2010....
- The functioning of the Drosophila CPEB protein Orb is regulated by phosphorylation and requires casein kinase 2 activityLi Chin Wong
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24355. 2011..isoforms are in slowly sedimenting complexes that contain the translational repressor Bruno, while the hyperphosphorylated isoforms assemble into large complexes that co-sediment with polysomes and contain the Wisp poly(A) polymerase.
- The Drosophila melanogaster seminal fluid protease "seminase" regulates proteolytic and post-mating reproductive processesBrooke A LaFlamme
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
PLoS Genet 8:e1002435. 2012..These results point to an important role for proteolysis among insect SFPs and suggest that protease cascades may be a mechanism for precise temporal regulation of multiple post-mating responses in females...
- Developmental genetics of the Drosophila egg. I. Identification of 59 sex-linked cistrons with maternal effects on embryonic developmentJ D Mohler
Genetics 85:259-72. 1977..The mutant strains are potentially important material for the study of developing egg envelopes and for furthering the analysis of causation in embryogenesis and its origins in oogenesis...
- The Drosophila wispy gene is required for RNA localization and other microtubule-based events of meiosis and early embryogenesisA E Brent
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
Genetics 154:1649-62. 2000..We describe a new gene, wispy, required for localization of mRNAs to both poles of the egg...
- A regulatory cytoplasmic poly(A) polymerase in Caenorhabditis elegansLiaoteng Wang
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Nature 419:312-6. 2002..We suggest that GLD-2 is the prototype for a class of regulatory cytoplasmic PAPs that are recruited to specific mRNAs by a binding partner, thereby targeting those mRNAs for polyadenylation and increased expression...
- Regulation of maternal transcript destabilization during egg activation in DrosophilaWael Tadros
Program in Developmental Biology, Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Genetics 164:989-1001. 2003....
- TRANSLATIONAL CONTROL IN EARLY MAMMALIAN DEVELOPMENTJoel Richter; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally, an mRNA that is deadenylated and stored in a dormant form in mouse oocytes undergoes prior CPE-mediated deadenylation. The possible role of mCPEB in the process will be assessed. ..
- RNA Localization 2006Joel Richter; Fiscal Year: 2007..The cross-disciplinary nature of this meeting will be attractive to molecular, cellular, developmental, and neurobiological scientists. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RNA and the Etiology of DiseaseJoel Richter; Fiscal Year: 2008..The meeting is cross-disciplinary in its approach, which is essential for combating human disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..