Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sec15
Description: Secretory 15
Alias: 3R41, CG7034, Dmel\CG7034, Sec15p, dsec15, sec15, CG7034 gene product from transcript CG7034-RA, CG7034-PA, Sec15 ortholog, Sec15-PA, sec15, secretory 15
Species: fruit fly
- Mutations in Drosophila sec15 reveal a function in neuronal targeting for a subset of exocyst componentsSunil Q Mehta
Program in Developmental Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Neuron 46:219-32. 2005..We have isolated an exocyst component, sec15, in a screen for genes required for synaptic specificity...
- Sec15, a component of the exocyst, promotes notch signaling during the asymmetric division of Drosophila sensory organ precursorsHamed Jafar-Nejad
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Dev Cell 9:351-63. 2005..In a genetic screen designed to identify novel players in this process, we have isolated a mutation in Drosophila sec15, which encodes a component of the exocyst, an evolutionarily conserved complex implicated in intracellular vesicle ..
- Mutations in the exocyst component Sec5 disrupt neuronal membrane traffic, but neurotransmitter release persistsMala Murthy
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Neuron 37:433-47. 2003..In this regard, sec5 differs from the homologs of other yeast exocytosis genes that are required for both neuronal trafficking pathways...
- Drosophila exocyst components Sec5, Sec6, and Sec15 regulate DE-Cadherin trafficking from recycling endosomes to the plasma membraneJohanna Langevin
Polarité Cellulaire chez la drosophile, UMR 144, Paris, France
Dev Cell 9:365-76. 2005..Loss of function of the Drosophila exocyst components sec5, sec6, and sec15 in epithelial cells results in DE-Cad accumulation in an enlarged Rab11 recycling endosomal compartment and ..
- Ral GTPase and the exocyst regulate autophagy in a tissue-specific mannerKirsten Tracy
Department of Molecular, Cell and Cancer Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
EMBO Rep 17:110-21. 2016..These data indicate that Ral and the exocyst regulate autophagy in a context-dependent manner, and that in dying salivary glands, Ral mediates autophagy, at least in part, by regulation of Notch. ..
- Regulation of dendrite growth and maintenance by exocytosisYun Peng
Department of Biology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Cell Sci 128:4279-92. 2015....
- The guanine exchange factor Gartenzwerg and the small GTPase Arl1 function in the same pathway with Arfaptin during synapse growthLeo Chang
Department of Physiology, Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Biol Open 4:947-53. 2015..Our data define a new signaling pathway composed of Arfaptin, Arl1, and Garz, required for the generation of normal synapse morphology...
- The Spectrin cytoskeleton regulates the Hippo signalling pathwayGeorgina C Fletcher
Epithelial Biology Laboratory, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, London, UK
EMBO J 34:940-54. 2015..Our findings identify both apical and basolateral Spectrins as regulators of Hippo signalling and suggest Spectrins as potential mechanosensors...
- Oncogenic Ras stimulates Eiger/TNF exocytosis to promote growthChiswili Chabu
Department of Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, Boyer Center for Molecular Medicine, 295 Congress Avenue, New Haven, CT 06536, USA
Development 141:4729-39. 2014..We identified the exocytosis component Sec15 as a synthetic suppressor of oncogenic Ras in an in vivo Drosophila mosaic screen...
- Exocyst-mediated membrane trafficking is required for branch outgrowth in Drosophila tracheal terminal cellsTiffani A Jones
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Dev Biol 390:41-50. 2014..Together, our results suggest a model where exocyst mediated vesicle trafficking facilitates branch outgrowth, while de novo branching requires cooperation between the PAR and exocyst complexes. ..
- par-1, atypical pkc, and PP2A/B55 sur-6 are implicated in the regulation of exocyst-mediated membrane trafficking in Caenorhabditis elegansYaming Jiu
Institute of Biotechnology, Research Program in Cell and Molecular Biology, 00014 University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
G3 (Bethesda) 4:173-83. 2014....
- Cholera toxin disrupts barrier function by inhibiting exocyst-mediated trafficking of host proteins to intestinal cell junctionsAnnabel Guichard
Section of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Cell Host Microbe 14:294-305. 2013..cholerae infection, all of which can be rescued by Rab11 overexpression. These barrier-disrupting effects of CtxA may act in parallel with Cl(-) secretion to drive the pathophysiology of cholera...
- Exorcising the exocyst complexMargaret R Heider
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 364 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Traffic 13:898-907. 2012..In this review, we discuss current knowledge of exocyst architecture, assembly, regulation and its roles in a variety of cellular trafficking pathways...
- The Ral/exocyst effector complex counters c-Jun N-terminal kinase-dependent apoptosis in Drosophila melanogasterMaria Balakireva
Institut Curie, Inserm U528, Groupe d Analyse des Réseaux de Transduction ART, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Mol Cell Biol 26:8953-63. 2006..We propose that the exocyst complex is Ral executioner in the JNK pathway and that a cascade from Ral to the exocyst to HGK would be a molecular basis of Ral action on JNK...
- A dual function of V0-ATPase a1 provides an endolysosomal degradation mechanism in Drosophila melanogaster photoreceptorsW Ryan Williamson
Department of Physiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Cell Biol 189:885-99. 2010..We propose that V100 exerts a temporally integrated dual function that increases neuronal degradative capacity...
- Anthrax toxins cooperatively inhibit endocytic recycling by the Rab11/Sec15 exocystAnnabel Guichard
Section of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, California 92093 0349, USA
Nature 467:854-8. 2010..Here we use Drosophila melanogaster to identify the Rab11/Sec15 exocyst, which acts at the last step of endocytic recycling, as a novel target of both EF and LF...
- Spatial restriction of receptor tyrosine kinase activity through a polarized endocytic cycle controls border cell migrationGloria Assaker
Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer and Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:22558-63. 2010..In addition, we demonstrate that the exocyst component Sec15 is distributed in structures that are polarized during the migration process in a Rab11-dependent manner and that ..
- Rab11 is required for epithelial cell viability, terminal differentiation, and suppression of tumor-like growth in the Drosophila egg chamberJiang Xu
Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e20180. 2011....
- Local BMP receptor activation at adherens junctions in the Drosophila germline stem cell nicheMarcus Michel
Center for Regenerative Therapies Dresden CRTD, TU Dresden, Tatzberg, Germany
Nat Commun 2:415. 2011..We, therefore, propose that local generation of the BMP signal is achieved through shared use of the Cadherin transport machinery...
- Rich regulates target specificity of photoreceptor cells and N-cadherin trafficking in the Drosophila visual system via Rab6Chao Tong
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neuron 71:447-59. 2011..in the photoreceptor cell synapses but not of other proteins implicated in target recognition, including Sec15, DLAR, Jelly belly, and PTP69D...
- Apical-basal polarity in Drosophila neuroblasts is independent of vesicular traffickingNils Halbsgut
Stammzellbiologie, Abteilung Anatomie und Zellbiologie, Georg August Universitat Gottingen, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 22:4373-9. 2011..Surprisingly, we found that none of these mutations affected NB polarity, demonstrating that NB cortical polarity is independent of plasma membrane polarity and that the PAR proteins function in a cell type-specific manner...
- Neuralized promotes basal to apical transcytosis of delta in epithelial cellsNajate Benhra
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 6061, Institut de Génétique et Développement de Rennes, Universite de Rennes 1, 35000 Rennes, France
Mol Biol Cell 21:2078-86. 2010....
- Recycling polarityW Gregory Somers
Temasek Lifesciences Laboratory, The National University of Singapore
Dev Cell 9:312-3. 2005..Three current papers in Cell and in this issue of Developmental Cell highlight the role of the exocyst in recycling of membrane proteins from endosomes to the plasma membrane in asymmetric cell division and polarized epithelial cells...
- Sec15 interacts with Rab11 via a novel domain and affects Rab11 localization in vivoShuya Wu
Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 12:879-85. 2005b>Sec15, a component of the exocyst, recognizes vesicle-associated Rab GTPases, helps target transport vesicles to the budding sites in yeast and is thought to recruit other exocyst proteins...
- Recycling endosomesSven C D Van IJzendoorn
Department of Cell Biology, Section Membrane Cell Biology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Cell Sci 119:1679-81. 2006
- Activity-independent prespecification of synaptic partners in the visual map of DrosophilaP Robin Hiesinger
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Curr Biol 16:1835-43. 2006..syt), vesicle endocytosis (synj), the trafficking of specific guidance molecules during photoreceptor targeting (sec15), a specific guidance receptor required for visual map formation (Dlar), and 57 other novel synaptic mutants ..
- The conserved c2 domain protein lethal (2) giant discs regulates protein trafficking in DrosophilaCiara M Gallagher
Institute of Molecular Biotechnology of the Austrian Academy of Sciences IMBA, Dr Bohr Gasse 3, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Dev Cell 11:641-53. 2006..Our experiments suggest that Lgd is a critical regulator of endocytosis that is not present in yeast and acts in the degradative pathway after Hrs...
- Drosophila Cip4 and WASp define a branch of the Cdc42-Par6-aPKC pathway regulating E-cadherin endocytosisAndrea Leibfried
Institut Curie, Centre National de la Recherche, UMR 144, Equipe Polarité Cellulaire chez la Drosophile, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Curr Biol 18:1639-48. 2008..A mechanism regulating E-Cadherin (E-Cad) exocytosis to the AJs has implicated proteins of the exocyst complex, but mechanisms regulating E-Cad endocytosis from the AJs remain less well understood...
- Numb independently antagonizes Sanpodo membrane targeting and Notch signaling in Drosophila sensory organ precursor cellsXin Tong
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Mol Biol Cell 21:802-10. 2010....
- Endocytic internalization routes required for delta/notch signalingSarah L Windler
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720 3200, USA
Curr Biol 20:538-43. 2010..The absolute requirement for dynamin-dependent endocytosis but not endosomal entry or Rab11 activity supports "pulling force" rather than "recycling" models for Delta activation...