Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rho1
Description: CG8416 gene product from transcript CG8416-RB
Alias: 19549712, 8416, AAF01186, CG8416, D-Rho1, DRho, DRho1, DRhoA, Dm Rho1, DmRHO-A, Dmel\CG8416, Drho1, DrhoA, E3.10/J3.8, P48148, RHO, RHO1, Rho, Rho A, Rho GTPase, Rho kinase, RhoA, RhoN19, dRho1, dRhoA, dnRho, l(2)52Fa, l(2)k02107b, n(2)k07236, rho, rho1, rhoA, CG8416 gene product from transcript CG8416-RB, CG8416-PA, CG8416-PB, CG8416-PC, CG8416-PD, CG8416-PF, CG8416-PG, Rho GTPase, Rho1-PA, Rho1-PB, Rho1-PC, Rho1-PD, Rho1-PF, Rho1-PG, RhoA, RhoA kinase, rho kinase, rho1, rho1 kinase
Species: fruit fly
Publications139 found, 100 shown here
- Genetic analysis demonstrates a direct link between rho signaling and nonmuscle myosin function during Drosophila morphogenesisS R Halsell
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Genetics 155:1253-65. 2000..we show that two EMS-induced mutations, previously shown to interact genetically with zipper(Ebr), disrupt the RhoA locus...
- Gastrulation in Drosophila: the logic and the cellular mechanismsM Leptin
Institut fur Genetik, Universitat zu Koln, Weyertal 121, D 50931 Köln, Germany
EMBO J 18:3187-92. 1999....
- The Drosophila Pkn protein kinase is a Rho/Rac effector target required for dorsal closure during embryogenesisY Lu
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Genes Dev 13:1168-80. 1999The PKN family of PKC-related protein kinases constitutes the major Rho GTPase-associated protein kinase activities detected in mammalian tissues. However, the biological functions of these kinases are unknown...
- The role of RhoA in tissue polarity and Frizzled signallingD I Strutt
Developmental Biology Programme, EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany
Nature 387:292-5. 1997..We have identified mutations in the Drosophila homologue of RhoA p21 GTPase, and by analysis of their phenotype show that RhoA is required for the generation of tissue polarity...
- Csk-deficient boundary cells are eliminated from normal Drosophila epithelia by exclusion, migration, and apoptosisMarcos Vidal
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, Saint Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Dev Cell 10:33-44. 2006..These latter phenotypes required sharp differences in dCsk activity between neighbors; dE-cadherin, P120-catenin, Rho1, JNK, and MMP2 mediated this signal...
- Drosophila RhoGAP68F is a putative GTPase activating protein for RhoA participating in gastrulationJustina Sanny
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, Canada
Dev Genes Evol 216:543-50. 2006..despite the strong similarities between RhoGAP68F and p50RhoGAP/Cdc42GAP, RhoGAP68F is most effective as a GAP for RhoA. These in vitro data are supported by the in vivo analysis of mutants in RhoGAP68F...
- The Cdc42-selective GAP rich regulates postsynaptic development and retrograde BMP transsynaptic signalingMinyeop Nahm
Interdisplinary Program in Brain Science, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Cell Biol 191:661-75. 2010..Importantly, dRich increases Gbb release and elevates presynaptic phosphorylated Mad levels. We propose that dRich coordinates the Gbb-dependent modulation of synaptic growth and function with postsynaptic development...
- Drosophila RhoA regulates the cytoskeleton and cell-cell adhesion in the developing epidermisJames W Bloor
Developmental, Cell and Molecular Biology Group, Department of Biology, B330 LSRC Building, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708 1000, USA
Development 129:3173-83. 2002..By expressing the dominant negative DRhoA(N19) construct in stripes of epidermal cells, we confirm that Rho function is required for dorsal closure and ..
- Moesin functions antagonistically to the Rho pathway to maintain epithelial integrityOlga Speck
DCMB Group, Department of Biology, Duke University, Box 91000, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Nature 421:83-7. 2003..not by providing an essential structural function, but rather by antagonizing activity of the small GTPase Rho. Thus, Moesin functions in maintaining epithelial integrity by regulating cell-signalling events that affect actin ..
- RhoGEF2 and the formin Dia control the formation of the furrow canal by directed actin assembly during Drosophila cellularisationJörg Grosshans
ZMBH, Universitat Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 282, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Development 132:1009-20. 2005..Biochemical analysis shows that Rho1 interacts with both RhoGEF2 and Dia, and that Dia nucleates actin filaments...
- The role of the actomyosin cytoskeleton in coordination of tissue growth during Drosophila oogenesisYing Wang
Institut fur Entwicklungsbiologie, Universitat zu Koln, Gyrhofstrasse 17, D 50931 Köln, Germany
Curr Biol 17:1349-55. 2007..Myosin is activated at the apical cortex by localized Rho kinase and inhibited at the basolateral cortex by PP1beta9C...
- The Rho GTPase and a putative RhoGEF mediate a signaling pathway for the cell shape changes in Drosophila gastrulationK Barrett
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown 02129, USA
Cell 91:905-15. 1997..due to a defect in cell shape changes required for tissue invagination, and expression of a dominant-negative Rho GTPase in early embryos results in similar defects...
- Second-site noncomplementation identifies genomic regions required for Drosophila nonmuscle myosin function during morphogenesisS R Halsell
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Genetics 148:1845-63. 1998..10/J3.8, for leg morphogenesis and viability...
- Mosaic analysis with a repressible cell marker (MARCM) for Drosophila neural developmentT Lee
Department of Cell and Structural Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Trends Neurosci 24:251-4. 2001....
- Mutations in sticky lead to defective organization of the contractile ring during cytokinesis and are enhanced by Rho and suppressed by RacPier Paolo D'Avino
Cancer Research UK Cell Cycle Genetics Research Group, Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge, Downing Site, CB2 3EH
J Cell Biol 166:61-71. 2004..sti shows opposite genetic interactions with Rho and Rac genes suggesting that these GTPases antagonistically regulate STICKY functions...
- Citron kinase is an essential effector of the Pbl-activated Rho signalling pathway in Drosophila melanogasterTetyana Shandala
ARC Special Research Centre for the Molecular Genetics of Development, Adelaide University, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Development 131:5053-63. 2004Pebble (Pbl)-activated RhoA signalling is essential for cytokinesis in Drosophila melanogaster. Here we report that the Drosophila citron gene encodes an essential effector kinase of Pbl-RhoA signalling in vivo...
- Rho1 regulates signaling events required for proper Drosophila embryonic developmentCraig R Magie
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, A1 162, PO Box 19024, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Dev Biol 278:144-54. 2005..Here we report that in Drosophila, reduction of maternal Rho1 compromises signaling pathways consistent with defects in membrane trafficking events...
- Cross GTPase-activating protein (CrossGAP)/Vilse links the Roundabout receptor to Rac to regulate midline repulsionHailan Hu
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:4613-8. 2005The regulators of the Rho-family GTPases, GTPase-activating proteins (GAPs) and guanine exchange factors (GEFs), play important roles in axon guidance...
- IrreC/rst-mediated cell sorting during Drosophila pupal eye development depends on proper localisation of DE-cadherinNicola A Grzeschik
Institut fur Genetik, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Universitatsstrasse 1, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Development 132:2035-45. 2005..overexpression of DE-cadherin, the intracellular domain of Crumbs, or by a dominant version of the monomeric GTPase Rho1 prevents localisation of the transmembrane protein IrreC-rst to the border between primary pigment cells and IOCs...
- Planar polarization of Drosophila and vertebrate epitheliaS Eaton
Cell Biology Programme, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
Curr Opin Cell Biol 9:860-6. 1997..Three different Rho family proteins have been shown to mediate polarization in the wing and the eye of Drosophila...
- JNK signaling and morphogenesis in DrosophilaS Noselli
Centre de Biologie du Developpement, UMR 5547 CNRS, Toulouse, France
Trends Genet 14:33-8. 1998
- Dishevelled activates JNK and discriminates between JNK pathways in planar polarity and wingless signalingM Boutros
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Developmental Biology Programme, Heidelberg, Germany
Cell 94:109-18. 1998..Our results indicate that different Wnt/Fz signals activate distinct intracellular pathways, and Dishevelled discriminates among them by distinct domain interactions...
- The genetics of cell migration in Drosophila melanogaster and Caenorhabditis elegans developmentD J Montell
Department of Biological Chemistry, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205 2185, USA
Development 126:3035-46. 1999..link between membrane receptor signaling and regulation of the actin cytoskeleton is that provided by the Rho family of small GTPases...
- Identification and characterization of Drosophila homolog of Rho-kinaseT Mizuno
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Japan
Gene 238:437-44. 1999..A two-hybrid analysis demonstrated that DRho-kinase interacts with the GTP-bound form of the Drosophila Rho. Drho1, at the conserved Rho-binding site...
- Essential roles of Drosophila RhoA in the regulation of neuroblast proliferation and dendritic but not axonal morphogenesisT Lee
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, California 94305, USA
Neuron 25:307-16. 2000..report here the use of the MARCM (mosaic analysis with a repressible cell marker) system to analyze the function of RhoA in the developing Drosophila brain...
- Drosophila Rho-associated kinase (Drok) links Frizzled-mediated planar cell polarity signaling to the actin cytoskeletonC G Winter
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cell 105:81-91. 2001..Here, we show that Drosophila Rho-associated kinase (Drok) works downstream of Fz/Dsh to mediate a branch of the planar polarity pathway involved in ..
- Drosophila myosin phosphatase and its role in dorsal closureTomoaki Mizuno
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8602, Japan
Development 129:1215-23. 2002..Similar defects were seen in embryos overexpressing Rho-kinase, suggesting that myosin phosphatase and Rho-kinase function antagonistically...
- Stimulus-specific requirements for MAP3 kinases in activating the JNK pathwayWei Chen
Departments of Pharmacology and Cell Biology and Neuroscience, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9041, USA
J Biol Chem 277:49105-10. 2002..On the other hand, sorbitol requires expression of four MAP3Ks to cause maximal JNK activation. Thus, we demonstrate that specific stimuli use different mechanisms to recruit distinct MAP3Ks to regulate the JNK pathway...
- Dystroglycan is required for polarizing the epithelial cells and the oocyte in DrosophilaWu Min Deng
Department of Biochemistry, Box 357350, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Development 130:173-84. 2003..These data suggest that the primary function of Dystroglycan in oogenesis is to organize cellular polarity; and this study sets the stage for analyzing the Dystroglycan complex by using the power of Drosophila molecular genetics...
- Roles of myosin phosphatase during Drosophila developmentChange Tan
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Development 130:671-81. 2003..Our results indicate that the regulation of the phosphorylation of myosin regulatory light chains, or dynamic activation and inactivation of myosin II, is essential for its various functions during many developmental processes...
- A RhoGEF and Rho family GTPase-activating protein complex links the contractile ring to cortical microtubules at the onset of cytokinesisW Gregory Somers
Centre for the Molecular Genetics of Development, Research School of Biological Sciences, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
Dev Cell 4:29-39. 2003..We show that an interaction between the Rho GTP exchange factor, Pebble, and the Rho family GTPase-activating protein, RacGAP50C, connects the contractile ring ..
- The degradation of two mitotic cyclins contributes to the timing of cytokinesisArnaud Echard
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, Genentech Hall, 600 16th Street, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Curr Biol 13:373-83. 2003..We examined the interface between mitotic cyclin destruction and the timing of cytokinesis...
- Cleavage furrow formation and ingression during animal cytokinesis: a microtubule legacyPier Paolo D'Avino
Cancer Research UK Cell Cycle Genetics Research Group, Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EH, UK
J Cell Sci 118:1549-58. 2005..The same mechanism might be conserved in other organisms...
- Mutations in the Drosophila orthologs of the F-actin capping protein alpha- and beta-subunits cause actin accumulation and subsequent retinal degenerationIvana Delalle
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Genetics 171:1757-65. 2005..In its absence, cells progressively accumulate actin filaments and eventually die. A possible role for their human orthologs in neurodegenerative disease merits further investigation...
- D-MEKK1, the Drosophila orthologue of mammalian MEKK4/MTK1, and Hemipterous/D-MKK7 mediate the activation of D-JNK by cadmium and arsenite in Schneider cellsOlga P Ryabinina
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
BMC Cell Biol 7:7. 2006..The study of mammalian signaling pathways to JNK is complicated by the significant degree of redundancy among upstream JNK regulators, especially at the level of JNK kinase kinases (JNKKK)...
- Rho kinase's role in myosin recruitment to the equatorial cortex of mitotic Drosophila S2 cells is for myosin regulatory light chain phosphorylationSara O Dean
Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 1:e131. 2006..S2 cells, we previously showed that myosin II is recruited to the furrow independently of F-actin, and that Rho1 and Rok are essential for this recruitment ...
- Cellular behavior in the developing Drosophila pupal retinaDavid E Larson
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8103, Saint Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mech Dev 125:223-32. 2008..Based upon our live visualization of the P120-Catenin mutant as well as genetic data, we conclude that P120-Catenin is acting to stabilize E-cadherin and adherens junction integrity during eye development...
- Diaphanous regulates myosin and adherens junctions to control cell contractility and protrusive behavior during morphogenesisCatarina C F Homem
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3280, USA
Development 135:1005-18. 2008..Diaphanous-related formins, the best-known subclass, are activated by Rho and play essential roles in cytokinesis...
- Moesin and its activating kinase Slik are required for cortical stability and microtubule organization in mitotic cellsSebastien Carreno
Centre de Biologie du Developpement, Université Toulouse III Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unite Mixte de Recherche 5547, 31062 Toulouse Cedex 09, France
J Cell Biol 180:739-46. 2008..We propose that the spatiotemporal control of moesin activation at the mitotic cortex provides localized cues to coordinate cortical contractility and microtubule interactions during cell division...
- Distinct functions for Rho1 in maintaining adherens junctions and apical tension in remodeling epitheliaStephen J Warner
Department of Medicine, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Cell Biol 185:1111-25. 2009..Using clonal analysis in the postmitotic Drosophila melanogaster pupal eye epithelium, we demonstrate that Rho1 is required to maintain AJ integrity independent of its role in sustaining apical cell tension...
- DRhoGEF2 encodes a member of the Dbl family of oncogenes and controls cell shape changes during gastrulation in DrosophilaU Hacker
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115 USA
Genes Dev 12:274-84. 1998..Expression of dominant-negative DRhoA during gastrulation results in phenocopies of the DRhoGEF2 mutant, suggesting that a signaling cascade involving ..
- Frizzled signaling and the developmental control of cell polarityJ M Shulman
Wellcome CRC Institute, UK
Trends Genet 14:452-8. 1998..Recently described examples from the nematode and frog suggest that the developmental control of cell polarity by FZ receptors might represent a functionally conserved signaling mechanism...
- Participation of small GTPases in dorsal closure of the Drosophila embryo: distinct roles for Rho subfamily proteins in epithelial morphogenesisN Harden
Glaxo IMCB and Drosophila Neurobiology Laboratories, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore 117609, Republic of Singapore
J Cell Sci 112:273-84. 1999..We now show that two other Rho subfamily proteins, Dcdc42 and RhoA, as well as Ras1 are also required for dorsal closure...
- A putative exchange factor for Rho1 GTPase is required for initiation of cytokinesis in DrosophilaS N Prokopenko
Program in Developmental Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030 USA
Genes Dev 13:2301-14. 1999..pbl interacts genetically with Rho1, but not with Rac1 or Cdc42, and Pbl and Rho1 proteins interact in vivo in yeast...
- The guanine nucleotide exchange factor trio mediates axonal development in the Drosophila embryoJ Bateman
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Neuron 26:93-106. 2000Recent analysis of Rho subfamily GTPases in Drosophila revealed roles for Rac and Cdc42 during axonogenesis...
- Trio combines with dock to regulate Pak activity during photoreceptor axon pathfinding in DrosophilaT P Newsome
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Vienna, Austria
Cell 101:283-94. 2000..We propose that distinct signals transduced via Trio and Dock act combinatorially to activate Pak in spatially restricted domains within the growth cone, thereby controlling the direction of axon extension...
- Nuclear signaling by Rac and Rho GTPases is required in the establishment of epithelial planar polarity in the Drosophila eyeM Fanto
EMBL, Developmental Biology Programme, Heidelberg, Germany
Curr Biol 10:979-88. 2000..In the fruit fly Drosophila, RhoA participates in the establishment of planar polarity, a process mediated by the receptor Frizzled (Fz)...
- Argosomes: a potential vehicle for the spread of morphogens through epitheliaV Greco
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Pfotenhauerstrasse 108, 01307, Dresden, Germany
Cell 106:633-45. 2001..Wingless protein colocalizes with argosomes derived from Wingless-producing cells. The properties of argosomes are consistent with their being a vehicle for the spread of Wingless protein...
- Plexin B mediates axon guidance in Drosophila by simultaneously inhibiting active Rac and enhancing RhoA signalingH Hu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Division of Neurobiology, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, 519 LSA, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Neuron 32:39-51. 2001..A different region of PlexB binds to RhoA. Dosage-sensitive genetic interactions suggest that PlexB suppresses Rac activity and enhances RhoA activity...
- The plakin Short Stop and the RhoA GTPase are required for E-cadherin-dependent apical surface remodeling during tracheal tube fusionSeungbok Lee
Department of Cell Biology and Center for Molecular Neuroscience, C 2210 Medical Center North, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 0295, USA
Development 129:1509-20. 2002..Expression of constitutively active RhoA in all tracheal cells mimics the shot phenotype and affects Shot localization in fusion cells...
- Molecular dissection of cytokinesis by RNA interference in Drosophila cultured cellsMaria Patrizia Somma
Istituto Pasteur Fondazione Cenci Bolognetti and Centro di Genetica Evoluzionistica del Consiglio Nazionale delle Richerche, Dipartimento di Genetica e Biologia Molecolare, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, 00185 Rome, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 13:2448-60. 2002..We show that double-stranded RNAs for anillin, acGAP, pavarotti, rho1, pebble, spaghetti squash, syntaxin1A, and twinstar all disrupt cytokinesis in S2 tissue culture cells, causing ..
- Rho1 interacts with p120ctn and alpha-catenin, and regulates cadherin-based adherens junction components in DrosophilaCraig R Magie
Division of Basic Sciences and Program in Developmental Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Development 129:3771-82. 2002..Here we show interactions between Drosophila Rho1 and the adherens junction components alpha-catenin and p120(ctn)...
- Dynamic analysis of actin cable function during Drosophila dorsal closureAntonio Jacinto
Department of Anatomy andDevelopmental Biology, University College London, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 12:1245-50. 2002..of this cable by live analysis of GFP-actin-expressing embryos in which the cable is disrupted by modulating Rho1 signaling or by loss of non-muscle myosin (Zipper) function...
- Wound healing recapitulates morphogenesis in Drosophila embryosWilliam Wood
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Nat Cell Biol 4:907-12. 2002..Modulating the activities of the small GTPases Rho and Cdc42 demonstrates that these actin-dependent elements have differing cellular functions, but that either alone ..
- Drosophila nonmuscle myosin II promotes the asymmetric segregation of cell fate determinants by cortical exclusion rather than active transportClaudia S Barros
Wellcome Trust Cancer Research UK Institute and Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QR, United Kingdom
Dev Cell 5:829-40. 2003..Myosin II is activated by Rho kinase and restricted to the apical cortex by the tumor suppressor Lethal (2) giant larvae...
- Genetic modifier screens in Drosophila demonstrate a role for Rho1 signaling in ecdysone-triggered imaginal disc morphogenesisRobert E Ward
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112 5331, USA
Genetics 165:1397-415. 2003..b>Rho1, stubbloid, blistered (DSRF), and cytoplasmic Tropomyosin were identified from these screens as br1-interacting ..
- Genetic interactions between the RhoA and Stubble-stubbloid loci suggest a role for a type II transmembrane serine protease in intracellular signaling during Drosophila imaginal disc morphogenesisCynthia A Bayer
Department of Biology, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida 32816 2368, USA
Genetics 165:1417-32. 2003The Drosophila RhoA (Rho1) GTPase is essential for postembryonic morphogenesis of leg and wing imaginal discs...
- Moesin contributes an essential structural role in Drosophila photoreceptor morphogenesisSue A Karagiosis
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
Development 131:725-32. 2004..Our results show an essential structural role for Moesin in photoreceptor morphology...
- Rho-LIM kinase signaling regulates ecdysone-induced gene expression and morphogenesis during Drosophila metamorphosisGuang Chao Chen
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Curr Biol 14:309-13. 2004..The Rho GTPase, which mediates cell shape change and migration, is also an essential regulator of tissue morphogenesis during ..
- The RhoGEF Pebble is required for cell shape changes during cell migration triggered by the Drosophila FGF receptor HeartlessSabine Schumacher
Institut fur Genetik, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Dusseldorf, Germany
Development 131:2631-40. 2004..pbl encodes a guanyl nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) for RHO1 and is known as an essential regulator of cytokinesis...
- The essential role of PP1beta in Drosophila is to regulate nonmuscle myosinNatalia Vereshchagina
Department of Zoology, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3PS, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 15:4395-405. 2004..The similarity between fly and human PP1beta and MYPT genes suggests this role may be conserved...
- Slik Sterile-20 kinase regulates Moesin activity to promote epithelial integrity during tissue growthDavid R Hipfner
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Genes Dev 18:2243-8. 2004..behavior of slik mutant cells is due to failure to phosphorylate and activate Moesin, which leads to excess Rho1 activity. This is distinct from Slik's effects on cell proliferation, which are mediated by Raf...
- Drosophila RhoGEF2 associates with microtubule plus ends in an EB1-dependent mannerStephen L Rogers
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Curr Biol 14:1827-33. 2004..as a model system, we show that DRhoGEF2 induces contractile cell shape changes by stimulating myosin II via the Rho1 pathway...
- Parallel chemical genetic and genome-wide RNAi screens identify cytokinesis inhibitors and targetsUlrike S Eggert
Department of Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS Biol 2:e379. 2004..Our study shows that parallel RNA interference and small molecule screening is a generally useful approach to identifying active small molecules and their target pathways...
- Rho GTPases regulate axon growth through convergent and divergent signaling pathwaysJulian Ng
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Neuron 44:779-93. 2004b>Rho GTPases are essential regulators of cytoskeletal reorganization, but how they do so during neuronal morphogenesis in vivo is poorly understood...
- The role of the Rho GTPases in neuronal developmentEve Ellen Govek
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
Genes Dev 19:1-49. 2005..This review will focus on the role of the Rho GTPases and their associated signaling molecules throughout neuronal development and discuss how perturbations in Rho GTPase signaling may lead to cognitive disorders.
- Regulation of Rho and Rac signaling to the actin cytoskeleton by paxillin during Drosophila developmentGuang Chao Chen
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:979-87. 2005..These defects may reflect a function for paxillin in regulation of Rho family GTPase signaling as paxillin interacts genetically with Rac and Rho in the developing eye...
- Live imaging of wound inflammation in Drosophila embryos reveals key roles for small GTPases during in vivo cell migrationBrian Stramer
Department of Physiology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TD, UK
J Cell Biol 168:567-73. 2005..For the first time, we are able to examine the roles of Rho-family small GTPases during inflammation in vivo and show that Rac-mediated lamellae are essential for hemocyte ..
- crossveinless-c is a RhoGAP required for actin reorganisation during morphogenesisBarry Denholm
Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EJ, UK
Development 132:2389-400. 2005..Genetic interactions between cv-c and RhoGTPase mutants indicate that Rho1, Rac1 and Rac2 are substrates for Cv-c, and suggest that the substrate specificity might be regulated in a tissue-..
- Suppression of Drosophila cellular immunity by directed expression of the ExoS toxin GAP domain of Pseudomonas aeruginosaAmelie Avet-Rochex
CEA Grenoble, Departement de Reponse et Dynamique Cellulaires, UMR5092 CEA CNRS UJF, 17, Rue des Martyrs 38054 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Cell Microbiol 7:799-810. 2005..It contains a N-terminal GTPase activating (GAP) domain that prevents cytoskeleton reorganization by Rho family of GTPases in cell culture...
- The exocyst component Sec5 is present on endocytic vesicles in the oocyte of Drosophila melanogasterBernhard Sommer
Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge CB2 2QH, England, UK
J Cell Biol 169:953-63. 2005..Thus, the exocyst may act in both Golgi to plasma membrane traffic and endocytic cycling, and hence in oocytes is recruited to clathrin-coated pits to facilitate the rapid recycling of Yolkless...
- Asymmetric Rab 11 endosomes regulate delta recycling and specify cell fate in the Drosophila nervous systemGregory Emery
Institute of Molecular Biotechnology of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Dr Bohr Gasse 3 5, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Cell 122:763-73. 2005..Our results suggest that cells can regulate signaling pathways and influence their developmental fate by inhibiting the formation of individual endocytic compartments...
- Distinct pathways control recruitment and maintenance of myosin II at the cleavage furrow during cytokinesisSara O Dean
Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:13473-8. 2005..Three genes in the rho1 signaling pathway, pebble (a Rho guanidine nucleotide exchange factor), rho1, and rho kinase, are required for the initial recruitment of myosin II to the equatorial cortex...
- Rho1 regulates Drosophila adherens junctions independently of p120ctnDonald T Fox
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Development 132:4819-31. 2005..Further, Rho1 localization is not obviously altered by loss of p120 or by reduction of core AJ proteins...
- The Drosophila formin DAAM regulates the tracheal cuticle pattern through organizing the actin cytoskeletonTamás Matusek
Institute of Genetics, Biological Research Center, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, H 6726 Szeged, Temesvari krt 62, Hungary
Development 133:957-66. 2006..Our results indicate that although DAAM is regulated by RhoA, it functions upstream or parallel to the non-receptor tyrosine kinases Src42A and Tec29 to organize the actin ..
- Independent roles of Drosophila Moesin in imaginal disc morphogenesis and hedgehog signallingCristina Molnar
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, Madrid 28049, Spain
Mech Dev 123:337-51. 2006..Some aspects of Drosophila Moe are related to the activity of the small GTPase RhoA, because the reduction of RhoA activity corrects many phenotypes of moe mutant embryos and imaginal discs...
- Rho-kinase regulates tissue morphogenesis via non-muscle myosin and LIM-kinase during Drosophila developmentValerie Verdier
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
BMC Dev Biol 6:38. 2006The Rho-kinases (ROCKs) are major effector targets of the activated Rho GTPase that have been implicated in many of the Rho-mediated effects on cell shape and movement via their ability to affect acto-myosin contractility...
- Genetic analysis of slipper/mixed lineage kinase reveals requirements in multiple Jun-N-terminal kinase-dependent morphogenetic events during Drosophila developmentStephanie Polaski
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
Genetics 174:719-33. 2006..Finally, we demonstrate that SLPR overexpression can induce ectopic JNK signaling and that the SLPR protein is enriched at the epithelial cell cortex...
- Drosophila RhoGEF4 encodes a novel RhoA-specific guanine exchange factor that is highly expressed in the embryonic central nervous systemMinyeop Nahm
Interdisciplinary Program in Brain Science, School of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Gene 384:139-44. 2006..In this study, the DH-PH motif is shown to enhance the dissociation of GDP from either RhoA or Rac1 but not from Cdc42 in vitro...
- Compartmentalisation of Rho regulators directs cell invagination during tissue morphogenesisSergio Simoes
Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Faculdade de Medicina de Lisboa, Portugal
Development 133:4257-67. 2006..of a new probe that allows the visualisation of small RhoGTPase activity in Drosophila, we present evidence that Rho1 is apically activated and essential for epithelial cell invagination, a common morphogenetic movement during ..
- Reciprocal regulation of Rac1 and Rho1 in Drosophila circulating immune surveillance cellsMichael J Williams
Umeå Centre for Molecular Pathogenesis UCMP, Umea University, S 901 87, Umea, Sweden
J Cell Sci 120:502-11. 2007..To further elucidate this interaction we examined the activities of Rac1 and Rho1 in Drosophila cellular immune surveillance cells...
- Dynamic decapentaplegic signaling regulates patterning and adhesion in the Drosophila pupal retinaJulia B Cordero
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, Saint Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 134:1861-71. 2007..Importantly, we identify a similar functional connection between Dpp activity and DE-cadherin and Rho1 during cell fate determination in the wing, suggesting a broader link between Dpp function and junctional integrity ..
- Convergent use of RhoGAP toxins by eukaryotic parasites and bacterial pathogensDominique Colinet
UMR 1112 UNSA INRA Résponses des Organismes aux Stress Environnementaux, Sophia Antipolis, France
PLoS Pathog 3:e203. 2007..Some bacterial toxins mimic eukaryotic Rho GTPase-activating proteins (GAPs) to inactivate mammalian GTPases, probably as a result of evolutionary convergence...
- The Drosophila CD2AP/CIN85 orthologue Cindr regulates junctions and cytoskeleton dynamics during tissue patterningRuth I Johnson
Department of Developmental and Regenerative Biology, Mount Sinai Medical School, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Cell Biol 180:1191-204. 2008..Together, these data demonstrate that Cindr is involved in dynamic cell rearrangement in an emerging epithelium...
- Nuf, a Rab11 effector, maintains cytokinetic furrow integrity by promoting local actin polymerizationJian Cao
Sinsheimer Laboratories, Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, USA
J Cell Biol 182:301-13. 2008..We also find that RhoGEF2 does not properly localize at the furrow in nuf mutant embryos and that RhoGEF2-Rho1 pathway components show strong specific genetic interactions with Nuf...
- Dystroglycan and perlecan provide a basal cue required for epithelial polarity during energetic stressVincent Mirouse
The Gurdon Institute and the Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Dev Cell 16:83-92. 2009..Since Dystroglycan is often downregulated in tumors, loss of this pathway may play a role in cancer progression...
- Regulation of the Rac GTPase pathway by the multifunctional Rho GEF Pebble is essential for mesoderm migration in the Drosophila gastrulaAndreas van Impel
Division of Cell and Developmental Biology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
Development 136:813-22. 2009..In dividing cells, Pbl promotes Rho1 activation at the cell cortex, leading to formation of the contractile actin-myosin ring...
- Rho1 has multiple functions in Drosophila wing planar polarityJie Yan
Biology Department, Department of Cell Biology, Morphogenesis and Regenerative Medicine Institute and Cancer Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA
Dev Biol 333:186-99. 2009..Previous data implicated Rho1 as a component of the fz pathway in Drosophila but it was unclear how it functioned...
- Cdc42 antagonizes Rho1 activity at adherens junctions to limit epithelial cell apical tensionStephen J Warner
Department of Medicine, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Cell Biol 187:119-33. 2009..Cdc42 localizes Par6-atypical protein kinase C (aPKC) to AJs, where this complex limits Rho1 activity and thus actomyosin contractility, independent of its effects on Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein and p21-..
- Interaction between Drosophila bZIP proteins Atf3 and Jun prevents replacement of epithelial cells during metamorphosisPetra Sekyrova
Biology Center, Czech Academy of Sciences and Department of Molecular Biology, University of South Bohemia, Ceske Budejovice 37005, Czech Republic
Development 137:141-50. 2010..This closure defect can be either mimicked and further enhanced by knockdown of the small GTPase Rho1 or, conversely, alleviated by stimulating ecdysone steroid hormone signaling...
- Rho-family small GTPases are required for cell polarization and directional sensing in Drosophila wound healingSeung Hee Baek
Department of Biology, Yonsei University, 262 Seongsanno, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 749, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 394:488-92. 2010..Here, we use myosin localization to demonstrate that Rac1, Cdc42, and Rho1 are each required for cell polarization and directional sensing of the wound...
- Crossveinless-c, the Drosophila homolog of tumor suppressor DLC1, regulates directional elongation of dendritic branches via down-regulating Rho1 activityDaichi Sato
Laboratory of Cell Recognition and Pattern Formation, Graduate School of Biostudies, South Campus Research Building Building G, Kyoto University, Yoshida konoe cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Genes Cells 15:485-500. 2010..Cv-c belongs to the family of Rho GTPase-activating proteins (RhoGAPs) and is the homolog of human tumor suppressor DLC1...
- Rho1 regulates apoptosis via activation of the JNK signaling pathway at the plasma membraneAmanda L Neisch
Department of Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Cell Biol 189:311-23. 2010..We demonstrate that the Drosophila melanogaster RhoA, Rho1, promotes apoptosis independently of Rho kinase through its effects on c-Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase (JNK) signaling...
- Conserved role for autophagy in Rho1-mediated cortical remodeling and blood cell recruitmentPavan Kadandale
Section of Cell and Developmental Biology and Departments of Cellular and Molecular Medicine and Medicine, University of California, San Diego, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:10502-7. 2010..Cortical remodeling is achieved under the central control of Rho GTPase pathways that modulate an exquisite balance in the dynamic assembly and disassembly of the cytoskeleton and ..
- Tissue elongation requires oscillating contractions of a basal actomyosin networkLi He
Department of Biological Chemistry, Center for Cell Dynamics, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 855 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Nat Cell Biol 12:1133-42. 2010..Myosin accumulated in a periodic manner before each contraction and was regulated by the small GTPase Rho, its downstream kinase, ROCK, and cytosolic calcium...
- Helicobacter pylori CagA disrupts epithelial patterning by activating myosin light chainJonathan B Muyskens
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e17856. 2011..Therefore, in our transgenic system, CagA is targeted by EPIYA motifs to a specific apical region of the epithelium where it efficiently activates MLC to disrupt epithelial integrity...
- The inositol 5-phosphatase dOCRL controls PI(4,5)P2 homeostasis and is necessary for cytokinesisKhaled Ben El Kadhi
Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC H3C 3J7, Canada
Curr Biol 21:1074-9. 2011..Identification of dOCRL as essential for cell division may be important to understand the molecular basis of the phenotypic manifestations of Lowe syndrome...
- Increased RhoA prenylation in the loechrig (loe) mutant leads to progressive neurodegenerationMandy Cook
Center for Research on Occupational and Environmental Toxicology, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e44440. 2012..isoprenoid synthesis, leading to increased prenylation of the small GTPase Rho1, the fly orthologue of vertebrate RhoA. We also demonstrate that increased prenylation and Rho1 activity causes neurodegeneration and aggravates the ..
- In Drosophila, RhoGEF2 cooperates with activated Ras in tumorigenesis through a pathway involving Rho1-Rok-Myosin-II and JNK signallingPeytee Khoo
Cell cycle and development laboratory, Research Division, Peter MacCallum Cancer Center, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Dis Model Mech 6:661-78. 2013..Furthermore, of the Rho1 effectors, we show that RhoGEF2 + Ras (Raf)-mediated tumorigenesis requires the Rho kinase (Rok)-Myosin-II pathway, but not Diaphanous, Lim kinase or protein kinase N...
- An Arf-GEF regulates antagonism between endocytosis and the cytoskeleton for Drosophila blastoderm developmentDonghoon M Lee
Department of Cell and Systems Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON M5S 3G5, Canada
Curr Biol 23:2110-20. 2013..Endocytosis also regulates the PM and can be promoted or inhibited by cytoskeletal networks. However, endocytic regulation of the general membrane cytoskeleton is undocumented...
- Characterization of rho GTPase family homologues in Drosophila melanogaster: overexpressing Rho1 in retinal cells causes a late developmental defectI K Hariharan
MGH Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129
EMBO J 14:292-302. 1995..We have cloned three widely expressed members of this family from Drosophila melanogaster; a rho homologue (Rho1) and two rac homologues (Rac1 and Rac2)...
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF PREHAIR MORPHOGENESISPaul Adler; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Mechanisms of Slit-Roundabout Mediated Axon RepulsionGREG BASHAW; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Analysis of Heavy Metals NeurotoxicityFen Biao Gao; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Animal Models For Studying Angelman Syndrome, A Developmental Brain DisorderFen Biao Gao; Fiscal Year: 2008..RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page J Description, [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Process for the production of fine chemicalsPatent Number: WO2005014828-A2; Date:2005-02-17