Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nuf
Description: nuclear fallout
Alias: CG32140, CG33991, CG7867, CIP-D2, Cy3-23, Dmel\CG33991, EP3077, FIP3, NUF, Nuf, Nuf1, Nuf2p, anon-D2, CG33991 gene product from transcript CG33991-RG, CG33991-PA, CG33991-PB, CG33991-PC, CG33991-PD, CG33991-PE, CG33991-PF, CG33991-PG, CG33991-PH, CG33991-PJ, CG33991-PK, CG33991-PL, CG33991-PM, corkscrew interacting Protein-D2, nuclear-fallout, nuf-PA, nuf-PB, nuf-PC, nuf-PD, nuf-PE, nuf-PF, nuf-PG, nuf-PH, nuf-PJ, nuf-PK, nuf-PL, nuf-PM
Species: fruit fly
- Modulation of intracellular trafficking regulates cell intercalation in the Drosophila tracheaDaniel D Shaye
Institut de Biologia Molecular de Barcelona CSIC, C Baldiri Reixac 10, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Nat Cell Biol 10:964-70. 2008..Our work suggests a mechanism by which trafficking of adhesion molecules regulates intercalation, and shows how this mechanism can be modulated in vivo to influence cell behaviour...
- The cytoskeleton and morphogenesis of the early Drosophila embryoW Sullivan
Department of Biology, Sinsheimer Laboratories, University of California, Santa Cruz 95064, USA
Curr Opin Cell Biol 7:18-22. 1995....
- Function and dynamics of slam in furrow formation in early Drosophila embryoSreemukta Acharya
Institut für Entwicklungsbiochemie, Universitatsmedizin, Universitat Gottingen, Justus von Liebig Weg 11, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Dev Biol 386:371-84. 2014..Following the onset of zygotic gene expression, Slam and Nullo together stabilise this mark and Slam triggers invagination of the cleavage furrow. ..
- Rab11 is required for epithelial cell viability, terminal differentiation, and suppression of tumor-like growth in the Drosophila egg chamberJiang Xu
Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e20180. 2011....
- IKKε regulates cell elongation through recycling endosome shuttlingTetsuhisa Otani
Laboratory for Morphogenetic Signaling, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0047, Japan
Dev Cell 20:219-32. 2011..the localization of recycling endosome regulators Rab11 and Dynein and phosphorylates their adaptor molecule, Nuclear fallout (Nuf)...
- Nuf, a Rab11 effector, maintains cytokinetic furrow integrity by promoting local actin polymerizationJian Cao
Sinsheimer Laboratories, Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, USA
J Cell Biol 182:301-13. 2008..In the Drosophila melanogaster early embryo, Nuf (Nuclear fallout), a Rab11 effector which is essential for RE function, is required for F-actin and membrane integrity during ..
- Rab11 is required for membrane trafficking and actomyosin ring constriction in meiotic cytokinesis of Drosophila malesMaria Grazia Giansanti
Istituto Pasteur Fondazione Cenci Bolognetti, Dipartimento di Genetica e Biologia Molecolare, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, 00185 Rome, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 18:5034-47. 2007..We propose that Gio and Fwd mediate Rab11 recruitment at the cleavage furrow and that Rab11 facilitates targeted membrane delivery to the advancing furrow...
- The concentration of Nuf, a Rab11 effector, at the microtubule-organizing center is cell cycle regulated, dynein-dependent, and coincides with furrow formationBlake Riggs
Sinsheimer Laboratories, Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, USA
Mol Biol Cell 18:3313-22. 2007..In the early Drosophila embryo, Nuclear-fallout (Nuf), a Rab11 effector, promotes vesicle-mediated membrane delivery and actin organization at the invaginating furrow...
- Drosophila exocyst components Sec5, Sec6, and Sec15 regulate DE-Cadherin trafficking from recycling endosomes to the plasma membraneJohanna Langevin
Polarité Cellulaire chez la drosophile, UMR 144, Paris, France
Dev Cell 9:365-76. 2005..Our results support a model whereby the exocyst regulates DE-Cadherin trafficking, from recycling endosomes to sites on the epithelial cell membrane where Armadillo is located...
- Asymmetric Rab 11 endosomes regulate delta recycling and specify cell fate in the Drosophila nervous systemGregory Emery
Institute of Molecular Biotechnology of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Dr Bohr Gasse 3 5, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Cell 122:763-73. 2005..In pIIa, however, the recycling endosome does not form because the centrosome fails to recruit Nuclear fallout, a Rab 11 binding partner that is essential for recycling endosome formation...
- Junctions and vesicular trafficking during Drosophila cellularizationThomas Lecuit
Laboratoire de Genetique et de Physiologie du Developpement, UMR 6545 CNRS Université de la Méditerranée, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille, Campus de Luminy, Case 907, 13288 Marseille Cedex 09, France
J Cell Sci 117:3427-33. 2004..The novel proteins Nullo and Slam, which are specifically induced during cellularization, represent developmental regulators of membrane growth during cellularization...
- Actin cytoskeleton remodeling during early Drosophila furrow formation requires recycling endosomal components Nuclear-fallout and Rab11Blake Riggs
Deptartment of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, USA
J Cell Biol 163:143-54. 2003..The Drosophila pericentrosomal protein, Nuclear-fallout (Nuf), provides a link between these two processes...
- Arfophilins are dual Arf/Rab 11 binding proteins that regulate recycling endosome distribution and are related to Drosophila nuclear falloutGilles R X Hickson
The Henry Wellcome Laboratory of Cell Biology, Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland
Mol Biol Cell 14:2908-20. 2003..The arfophilins belong to a conserved family that includes Drosophila melanogaster nuclear fallout, a centrosomal protein required for cellularization...
- The Drosophila centrosomal protein Nuf is required for recruiting Dah, a membrane associated protein, to furrows in the early embryoW F Rothwell
Sinsheimer Laboratories, Department of Biology, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, USA
J Cell Sci 112:2885-93. 1999..Our genetic analysis indicates that the centrosomal protein Nuf is specifically required for recruitment of components to the furrows and the membrane-associated protein Dah is ..
- Mutations affecting the cytoskeletal organization of syncytial Drosophila embryosW Sullivan
Department of Biology, Sinsheimer Laboratories, University of California, Santa Cruz 95064
Development 118:1245-54. 1993..In addition to identifying new genes involved in cytoskeletal organization, these mutations provide insights into cytoskeletal function during early Drosophila embryogenesis...
- Nuclear-fallout, a Drosophila protein that cycles from the cytoplasm to the centrosomes, regulates cortical microfilament organizationW F Rothwell
Department of Biology, University of California, Santa Cruz, California 95064, USA
Development 125:1295-303. 1998b>nuclear fallout (nuf) is a maternal effect mutation that specifically disrupts the cortical syncytial divisions during Drosophila embryogenesis...
- Discontinuous actin hexagon, a protein essential for cortical furrow formation in Drosophila, is membrane associated and hyperphosphorylatedC X Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Mol Biol Cell 11:1011-22. 2000..Both DAH localization and phosphorylation are disrupted in another maternal-effect mutant, nuclear-fallout. It is possible that nuclear-fallout collaborates with dah and directs DAH protein localization to the cortical furrows...
- Fly divisionK G Miller
Department of Biology, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
J Cell Biol 131:1-5. 1995
- Shot and Patronin polarise microtubules to direct membrane traffic and biogenesis of microvilli in epitheliaIchha Khanal
The Francis Crick Institute, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LY, UK
J Cell Sci 129:2651-9. 2016..then act to polarise microtubules along the apical-basal axis to enable apical transport of Rab11 endosomes by the Nuf-Dynein microtubule motor complex...
- Nuclear fallout provides a new link between aPKC and polarized cell traffickingFrancisco J Calero-Cuenca
CABD, CSIC JA UPO, Campus Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Ctra de Utrera Km 1, Seville, 41013, Spain
BMC Biol 14:32. 2016..Although molecules required in both processes are well known their relationship is still poorly understood...
- The Seckel syndrome and centrosomal protein Ninein localizes asymmetrically to stem cell centrosomes but is not required for normal development, behavior, or DNA damage response in DrosophilaYiming Zheng
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306 4300
Mol Biol Cell 27:1740-52. 2016..Although it is not essential, our data suggest that Nin plays a supportive role in centrosomal and extracentrosomal microtubule organization and asymmetric stem cell division. ..
- Microtubule-dependent apical restriction of recycling endosomes sustains adherens junctions during morphogenesis of the Drosophila tracheal systemPierre Marie Le Droguen
Institut Jacques Monod, CNRS and University Paris Diderot, 15 Rue H Brion, Paris 75205, Cedex 13, France
Development 142:363-74. 2015..Altogether, our results uncover an MT-Dynein-dependent apical restriction of recycling endosomes that controls adhesion by sustaining Par-3 and E-Cadherin levels at AJs during morphogenesis. ..
- Rho1 regulates adherens junction remodeling by promoting recycling endosome formation through activation of myosin IIHanako Yashiro
ICCE Institute, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110 Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110 Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110
Mol Biol Cell 25:2956-69. 2014..This work identifies spatially distinct functions for Rho1 in the regulation of DE-cadherin-containing vesicular trafficking during AJ remodeling in live epithelia. ..
- Coordinating the cytoskeleton and endocytosis for regulated plasma membrane growth in the early Drosophila embryoDonghoon M Lee
Department of Cell and Systems Biology University of Toronto Toronto, ON CA
Bioarchitecture 4:68-74. 2014..More generally, it provides a model for understanding how cytoskeletal-endocytic cross-talk regulates the assembly of a cell. ..
- COPI-mediated membrane trafficking is required for cytokinesis in Drosophila male meiotic divisionsDaishi Kitazawa
Insect Biomedical Research Center, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Matsugasaki, Kyoto 606 8585, Japan
J Cell Sci 125:3649-60. 2012..Thus, we propose that COPI plays an important role in Drosophila male meiosis, not only through vesicle transport to the cleavage furrow region, but also through the formation of ER-based structures...
- Centrocortin cooperates with centrosomin to organize Drosophila embryonic cleavage furrowsLing Rong Kao
Department of Pharmacology and The Cecil and Ida Green Center for Reproductive Biology Sciences, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 9051, USA
Curr Biol 19:937-42. 2009..Together, these findings show that the C terminus of CNN coordinates cleavage furrow formation through binding to CEN, thereby providing a molecular link between the centrosome and cleavage furrow assembly...
- A mitotic kinesin-6, Pav-KLP, mediates interdependent cortical reorganization and spindle dynamics in Drosophila embryosPatrizia Sommi
LCCB, Center for Genetics and Development, University of California at Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Cell Sci 123:1862-72. 2010....
- Genome-wide analysis of promoter architecture in Drosophila melanogasterRoger A Hoskins
Department of Genome Dynamics, Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California 97420, USA
Genome Res 21:182-92. 2011..Our results contribute to the emerging view that core promoters are functionally diverse and control patterning of gene expression in Drosophila and mammals...
- The coiled coils of cohesin are conserved in animals, but not in yeastGlenn E White
Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences, Longwood University, Farmville, Virginia, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 4:e4674. 2009..5%. These coiled coils are among the most highly conserved mammalian proteins, suggesting that they make extensive contacts over their entire surface...
- Dual roles for the Drosophila PI 4-kinase four wheel drive in localizing Rab11 during cytokinesisGordon Polevoy
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L7, Canada
J Cell Biol 187:847-58. 2009..Moreover, activated Rab11 partially suppresses loss of fwd. Our data suggest Fwd plays catalytic and noncatalytic roles in regulating Rab11 during cytokinesis...
- The evolutionarily conserved TSC/Rheb pathway activates Notch in tuberous sclerosis complex and Drosophila external sensory organ developmentMagdalena Karbowniczek
Institute for Cancer Research, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Clin Invest 120:93-102. 2010....
- Role of the actin cytoskeleton in early Drosophila developmentK G Miller
Department of Biology, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
Curr Top Dev Biol 31:167-96. 1995
- Molecular genetic approaches to understanding the actin cytoskeletonJ D Sutherland
European Molecular Biology Laboratory Mouse Biology Programme via Ramarini 32 00016 Monterotondo Italy
Curr Opin Cell Biol 11:142-51. 1999..Yeast, Dictyostelium, Caenorhabditis elegans, Drosophila, and mice have contributed much in recent years to a better understanding of both the numerous functions and modes of regulation of the actin cytoskeleton...
- RNAi of mitotic cyclins in Drosophila uncouples the nuclear and centrosome cycleMark L McCleland
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 2200, USA
Curr Biol 18:245-54. 2008..However, we still know very little of how individual cell-cycle events are coupled to this oscillator and how the timing of each event is controlled...
- Asymmetric localisation of Miranda and its cargo proteins during neuroblast division requires the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosomeCathy Slack
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, New Hunt s House, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London SE1 1UL, UK
Development 134:3781-7. 2007..Our results demonstrate that APC/C activity and ubiquitylation of Miranda are required for the asymmetric localisation of Miranda and its cargo proteins to the NB cortex...
- Cytoskeleton: centrosom-in absentiaS J Vidwans
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California at San Francisco San Francisco, California 94143 0448, USA
Curr Biol 9:R764-6. 1999....
- Glial and neuronal functions of the Drosophila homolog of the human SWI/SNF gene ATR-X (DATR-X) and the jing zinc-finger gene specify the lateral positioning of longitudinal glia and axonsXuetao Sun
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8M5, Canada
Genetics 173:1397-415. 2006....
- Recycling endosomesSven C D Van IJzendoorn
Department of Cell Biology, Section Membrane Cell Biology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Cell Sci 119:1679-81. 2006
- Recycling polarityW Gregory Somers
Temasek Lifesciences Laboratory, The National University of Singapore
Dev Cell 9:312-3. 2005..Three current papers in Cell and in this issue of Developmental Cell highlight the role of the exocyst in recycling of membrane proteins from endosomes to the plasma membrane in asymmetric cell division and polarized epithelial cells...
- A mutation in dVps28 reveals a link between a subunit of the endosomal sorting complex required for transport-I complex and the actin cytoskeleton in DrosophilaEvgueni A Sevrioukov
Center for Basic Neuroscience and Department of Cell Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9111, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:2301-12. 2005....
- Pathways for membrane trafficking during cytokinesisLaila I Strickland
Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, USA
Trends Cell Biol 14:115-8. 2004..Furthermore, new work reveals that vesicles derived from the Rab11 recycling endosome (RE) promote actin remodeling at the furrow...