Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lea
Alias: CG14347, CG14348, CG5481, CG5574, CT17326, D-Robo2, D-robo2, Dmel\CG5481, ROBO2, Robo 2, Robo-2, Robo2, Robo2 (Lea), anon-EST:Liang-1.75, clone 1.75, dRobo-2, fus4, robo-2, robo2, CG5481-PA, CG5481-PB, Robo2, Roundabout2, SGP cluster fusion defects 4, lea-PA, lea-PB, roundabout 2
Species: fruit fly
- Roundabout controls axon crossing of the CNS midline and defines a novel subfamily of evolutionarily conserved guidance receptorsT Kidd
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Cell 92:205-15. 1998..Transgenic rescue experiments reveal that Robo can function in a cell-autonomous fashion. Robo appears to function as the gatekeeper controlling midline crossing...
- Projections of Drosophila multidendritic neurons in the central nervous system: links with peripheral dendrite morphologyWesley B Grueber
Departments of Physiology and Biochemistry, University of California, San Francisco, Rock Hall, Room GD481, 1550 4th Street, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Development 134:55-64. 2007....
- Genetic control of cell morphogenesis during Drosophila melanogaster cardiac tube formationCaroline Medioni
Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille Luminy, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UMR 6216, Universite de la Mediterranee, 13288 Marseille, Cedex 9, France
J Cell Biol 182:249-61. 2008..We suggest that this new example of tube formation may be helpful in studying vertebrate heart tube formation and primary vasculogenesis...
- Ectopic expression in the giant fiber system of Drosophila reveals distinct roles for roundabout (Robo), Robo2, and Robo3 in dendritic guidance and synaptic connectivityTanja A Godenschwege
Department of Biology, Morrill Science Center, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, USA
J Neurosci 22:3117-29. 2002..that ectopic Robo expression can regulate the growth and guidance of specific motor neuron dendrites, whereas Robo2 and Robo3 have no effect...
- Slit and Robo control cardiac cell polarity and morphogenesisLi Qian
The Burnham Institute, Center for Neuroscienes and Aging, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Curr Biol 15:2271-8. 2005..Here, we report a novel role of the Drosophila slit, robo, and robo2 genes in heart morphogenesis...
- Genetic specification of axonal arbors: atonal regulates robo3 to position terminal branches in the Drosophila nervous systemMarta Zlatic
Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EJ, United Kingdom
Neuron 37:41-51. 2003....
- Lateral positioning at the dorsal midline: Slit and Roundabout receptors guide Drosophila heart cell migrationEDGARDO SANTIAGO-MARTINEZ
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 675 Hoes Lane West, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:12441-6. 2006..the role of Slit, an extracellular matrix protein and its transmembrane receptors Roundabout (Robo) and Roundabout2 (Robo2) during morphogenesis of the Drosophila heart tube, a process analogous to early heart formation in ..
- Short- and long-range repulsion by the Drosophila Unc5 netrin receptorK Keleman
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Neuron 32:605-17. 2001..Ectopic expression of Unc5 on CNS axons can elicit either short- or long-range repulsion from the midline. Both short- and long-range repulsion require Netrin function, but only long-range repulsion requires Frazzled...
- Regulation of commissural axon pathfinding by slit and its Robo receptorsBarry J Dickson
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology IMP, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 22:651-75. 2006..We hope that this review encourages further efforts to tackle these questions, in the expectation that this system will continue to reveal the general principles of axon pathfinding...
- Slit coordinates cardiac morphogenesis in DrosophilaAllison MacMullin
Department of Biology, McMaster University, LSB 429, 1280 Main St W, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8S 4K1
Dev Biol 293:154-64. 2006..The cardial cells of the developing heart express both Slit and Robo2. This is the first report of coincident expression of a Robo and its ligand...
- Switching repulsion to attraction: changing responses to slit during transition in mesoderm migrationS G Kramer
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, 519 Life Sciences Addition, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Science 292:737-40. 2001..A few hours after migration, these same cells change their behavior and require Robo to extend toward Slit-expressing muscle attachment sites. Thus, Slit functions as a chemoattractant to provide specificity for muscle patterning...
- Crossing the midline: roles and regulation of Robo receptorsS Rajagopalan
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030, Vienna, Austria
Neuron 28:767-77. 2000..Robo levels are in turn regulated by Comm. Here, we show that the Slit receptors Robo2 and Robo3 ensure the fidelity of this crossing decision: rare crossing errors occur in both robo2 and robo3 single ..
- Repulsive axon guidance: Abelson and Enabled play opposing roles downstream of the roundabout receptorG J Bashaw
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Cell 101:703-15. 2000..A mutant form of Robo that interferes with Ena binding is partially impaired in Robo function, while a mutation in a conserved cytoplasmic tyrosine that can be phosphorylated by Abl generates a hyperactive Robo receptor...
- Short-range and long-range guidance by Slit and its Robo receptors: a combinatorial code of Robo receptors controls lateral positionJ H Simpson
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Division of Neurobiology, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, 519 LSA, University of California, Berkeley CA 94720, USA
Cell 103:1019-32. 2000..Medial axons express only Robo, intermediate axons express Robo3 and Robo, while lateral axons express Robo2, Robo3, and Robo...
- Short-range and long-range guidance by slit and its Robo receptors. Robo and Robo2 play distinct roles in midline guidanceJ H Simpson
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Division of Neurobiology, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Neuron 28:753-66. 2000..Here we show that the Drosophila genome encodes three Robo receptors and that Robo and Robo2 have distinct functions, which together control repulsive axon guidance at the midline...
- Selecting a longitudinal pathway: Robo receptors specify the lateral position of axons in the Drosophila CNSS Rajagopalan
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Cell 103:1033-45. 2000..In this long-range function, Slit signals through the receptors Robo2 and Robo3...
- Repulsion by Slit and Roundabout prevents Shotgun/E-cadherin-mediated cell adhesion during Drosophila heart tube lumen formationEDGARDO SANTIAGO-MARTINEZ
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
J Cell Biol 182:241-8. 2008..Our data show that Slit and Robo pathways function in lumen formation as a repulsive signal to antagonize E-Cad-mediated cell adhesion...
- Midline crossing by gustatory receptor neuron axons is regulated by fruitless, doublesex and the Roundabout receptorsDavid J Mellert
Department of Biology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Development 137:323-32. 2010....
- Drosophila serotonergic varicosities are not distributed in a regular mannerJohn Chen
Department of Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, 22903, USA
J Comp Neurol 515:441-53. 2009..In addition, the pattern breaks down when serotonergic branches of adjacent segments invade each other's territory. The pattern is similar to those described by a power law...
- Integrins are required for cardioblast polarisation in DrosophilaJessica Vanderploeg
Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON L8S 4K1, Canada
BMC Dev Biol 12:8. 2012..Here we characterise the requirement of Integrins in a genetic model of vasculogenesis, the formation of the heart in Drosophila...
- Drosophila syndecan regulates tracheal cell migration by stabilizing Robo levelsJoachim G Schulz
Laboratory of Glycobiology and Developmental Genetics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Herestraat 49 bus 602, KU Leuven, Leuven 3000, Belgium
EMBO Rep 12:1039-46. 2011..Although the branch-specific phenotype of sdc mutants resembles those seen in the absence of Slit/Robo2 signalling, genetic interaction experiments indicate that Sdc also helps to suppress Slit/Robo2 signalling...
- Slit/Robo-mediated axon guidance in Tribolium and Drosophila: divergent genetic programs build insect nervous systemsTimothy A Evans
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Biol 363:266-78. 2012..In Drosophila, Robo and Robo2 promote midline repulsion, while Robo2 and Robo3 specify the position of longitudinal axon pathways...
- Roundabout is required in the visceral mesoderm for proper microvillus length in the hindgut epitheliumNadine H Soplop
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854 8020, USA
Dev Dyn 241:759-69. 2012..In this study we examined Roundabout signaling in the Drosophila embryonic hindgut...
- A genetic screen for mutations affecting gonad formation in Drosophila reveals a role for the slit/robo pathwayJill J Weyers
Department of Biology, Johns Hopkins University, 3400 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD, USA
Dev Biol 353:217-28. 2011..Our findings shed light on the complexities of gonadogenesis and the genetic regulation required for proper organ formation...
- Cellular analysis of newly identified Hox downstream genes in DrosophilaZongzhao Zhai
BIOQUANT Center, Cluster of Excellence CellNetworks, Heidelberg, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 267, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 89:273-8. 2010....
- Sexually dimorphic shaping of interneuron dendrites involves the hunchback transcription factorJunpei Goto
Division of Neurogenetics, Tohoku University Graduate School of Life Sciences, Sendai 980 8577, Japan
J Neurosci 31:5454-9. 2011..The present results suggest that Hb is essential for male-typical shaping of the contralateral neurites by Fru...
- Mechanosensilla in the adult abdomen of Drosophila: engrailed and slit help to corral the peripheral sensory axons into segmental bundlesCaroline C G Fabre
Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Development 137:2885-94. 2010..We conclude that, during normal development, gradients of Slit protein repel axons away from compartment boundaries - in consequence, the bristles from each segment send their nerves to the CNS in separated sets...
- LRT, a tendon-specific leucine-rich repeat protein, promotes muscle-tendon targeting through its interaction with RoboBess Wayburn
Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Development 136:3607-15. 2009..Taken together, our data suggest a novel mechanism by which muscles are targeted towards tendon cells as a result of LRT-Robo interactions. This mechanism may apply to the Robo-dependent migration of a wide variety of cell types...
- Slit and Robo regulate dendrite branching and elongation of space-filling neurons in DrosophilaSvetla Dimitrova
Dendrite Differentiation, Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology, Munich, Germany
Dev Biol 324:18-30. 2008..We propose that Slit, through Robo, provides an extrinsic signal to coordinate the growth rate and the branching level of space-filling neurons, thus allowing them to appropriately cover their target field...
- Roundabout gene family functions during sensory axon guidance in the drosophila embryo are mediated by both Slit-dependent and Slit-independent mechanismsLinda Parsons
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Dev Biol 264:363-75. 2003..We have investigated the roles of the robo family members, robo, robo2, and robo3, in the guidance of sensory axons in the Drosophila embryo...
- Interdependence of macrophage migration and ventral nerve cord development in Drosophila embryosIwan R Evans
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath, UK
Development 137:1625-33. 2010....
- Cellular components and signals required for the cardiac outflow tract assembly in DrosophilaMonika Zmojdzian
Unite Mixte de Recherche, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 6247 GreD, Clermont Ferrand University, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Clermont Ferrand, Clermont Ferrand, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:2475-80. 2008..Our observations suggest that the similarities between Drosophila and vertebrate cardiogenesis extend beyond the early developmental events...
- Branch architecture of the fly larval abdominal serotonergic neuronsJohn Chen
Department of Biology, University of Virginia, Gilmer Hall 071 Box 400328, Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA
Dev Biol 320:30-8. 2008..Furthermore, the basic branching pattern of serotonergic neurons within the neuropil remains unchanged despite alterations of initial axonal trajectories...
- Identification of genes influencing dendrite morphogenesis in developing peripheral sensory and central motor neuronsYimiao Ou
Centre for Research in Neuroscience, McGill University, Cedar Ave, Montreal, QC, H3G 1A4, Canada
Neural Dev 3:16. 2008..To address these issues, we have carried out two comparable gain-of-function screens for genes that influence dendrite morphologies in peripheral dendritic arborisation (da) neurons and central RP2 motor neurons...
- Functional diversity of Robo receptor immunoglobulin domains promotes distinct axon guidance decisionsTimothy A Evans
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Curr Biol 20:567-72. 2010..Ig superfamily receptors respond to their common Slit ligand to regulate axon guidance at the midline: Robo and Robo2 mediate midline repulsion, Robo2 and Robo3 control longitudinal pathway selection, and Robo2 can promote midline ..
- Distinct protein domains and expression patterns confer divergent axon guidance functions for Drosophila Robo receptorsBettina Spitzweck
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Cell 140:409-20. 2010..the Drosophila CNS is constructed in part under the control of three Robo family axon guidance receptors: Robo1, Robo2 and Robo3. Each of these receptors is responsible for a distinct set of guidance decisions...
- Intra-axonal patterning: intrinsic compartmentalization of the axonal membrane in Drosophila neuronsTakeo Katsuki
Department of Developmental Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Neuron 64:188-99. 2009..We propose that this intra-axonal compartmentalization is an intrinsic property of Drosophila neurons that provides a basis for the structural and functional development of the nervous system...
- Positional cues in the Drosophila nerve cord: semaphorins pattern the dorso-ventral axisMarta Zlatic
Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS Biol 7:e1000135. 2009..Together our findings support the idea that axons are delivered to particular regions of the neuropile by their responses to systems of positional cues in each dimension...
- Control of lateral migration and germ cell elimination by the Drosophila melanogaster lipid phosphate phosphatases Wunen and Wunen 2Hiroko Sano
Department of Cell Biology, Developmental Genetics Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY 10016
J Cell Biol 171:675-83. 2005..Our results suggest that expression of wun/wun-2 repellents along the migratory paths provides faithful control over the sorting of PGCs into two gonads and eliminates PGCs left in the middle of the embryo...
- A Drosophila homolog of cyclase-associated proteins collaborates with the Abl tyrosine kinase to control midline axon pathfindingZachary Wills
Department of Cell Biology and Program in Neuroscience, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neuron 36:611-22. 2002..These studies identify Capulet as part of an emerging pathway linking guidance signals to regulation of cytoskeletal dynamics and suggest that the Abl pathway mediates signals downstream of multiple Roundabout receptors...
- Attractive and repulsive functions of Slit are mediated by different receptors in the Drosophila tracheaCamilla Englund
Umea Centre for Molecular Pathogenesis, Umea University, Sweden
Development 129:4941-51. 2002..Robo and Robo2 are expressed in different branches, and are both necessary for the correct orientation of branch outgrowth...
- Axon guidance: the cytoplasmic tailBharatkumar N Patel
Program in Neuroscience, Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Curr Opin Cell Biol 14:221-9. 2002..Recent studies demonstrate a critical role for the cytoplasmic tails of guidance receptors in signalling and also reveal the potential for a great deal of crosstalk between the various receptor-signalling pathways...
- Spatial regulation of segment polarity gene expression in the anterior terminal region of the Drosophila blastoderm embryoJ Mohler
Department of Biological Sciences, Barnard College, New York, NY 10027, USA
Mech Dev 50:151-61. 1995..None of these five known gap genes are required for the activation of the labral segment domains of hh and wg, which are presumably either activated directly by maternal pathways or by an unidentified gap gene...
- The function of leak and kuzbanian during growth cone and cell migrationK Schimmelpfeng
Institut fur Neurobiologie, Universitat Munster, Badestrasse 9, 48149, Munster, Germany
Mech Dev 106:25-36. 2001..Our analyses support a model in which Kuzbanian mediates the proteolytic activation of the Slit/Roundabout receptor complex...
- A new code for axonsG Tear
Nature 409:472-3. 2001
- Neurobiology. The come-hither, don't-touch-me proteinsG Vogel
Science 290:2243-4. 2000..December issue of Neuron, two independent teams report that flies have two proteins very similar to Robo, called Robo2 and Robo3...
- New Roundabouts send axons into the Fas laneJ Rusch
Department of Cell Biology and, Program in Neuroscience, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neuron 28:637-40. 2000
- Slit proteins: key regulators of axon guidance, axonal branching, and cell migrationK Brose
Departments of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Curr Opin Neurobiol 10:95-102. 2000....
- Axon guidance: starting and stopping with slitS Guthrie
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, Hodgkin Building King s College, Guy s Campus, London, SE1 9RT, UK
Curr Biol 9:R432-5. 1999..Now, the Slit protein has been discovered to have striking positive and negative effects on axon growth and guidance...
- The middle and the end: slit brings guidance and branching together in axon pathway selectionD Van Vactor
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Neuron 22:649-52. 1999
- Movement through Slits: cellular migration via the Slit familyMichael Piper
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Bioessays 25:32-8. 2003..This review focuses on the non-neuronal activities of Slit proteins, highlighting a common role for the Slit family in cellular migration...
- Signaling systems, guided cell migration, and organogenesis: insights from genetic studies in DrosophilaCarlos Ribeiro
Biozentrum der Universitat Basel, Department of Cell Biology, Klingelbergstrasse 70, CH 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Dev Biol 260:1-8. 2003....
- Heparan sulfate proteoglycan syndecan promotes axonal and myotube guidance by slit/robo signalingPatrick Steigemann
Abteilung Molekulare Entwicklungsbiologie, Max Planck Institut fur biophysikalische Chemie, Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Goettingen, Germany
Curr Biol 14:225-30. 2004..The results suggest that Syndecan is a necessary component of Slit/Robo signaling and is required in the Slit target cells...
- Drosophila central brain formation requires Robo proteinsEmmanuelle Nicolas
Institut Jacques Monod, Tour 42 43, 5éme étage 2 place jussieu, 75005 Paris, France
Dev Genes Evol 215:530-6. 2005..Mutations of robo2 and robo3 confer a series of strong MB and CX defects...
- NETRIN and SLIT guide salivary gland migrationTereza Kolesnikov
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Dev Biol 284:102-11. 2005..We propose that analogous to axon guidance, a balance between chemo-attractants and chemo-repellents is required for the proper migratory path of the developing salivary glands...
- Compartmentalization of visual centers in the Drosophila brain requires Slit and Robo proteinsTimothy D Tayler
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue 68 230B, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Development 131:5935-45. 2004..We find that loss of Slit or simultaneous knockdown of Robo, Robo2 and Robo3 causes distal cell neurons to invade the lamina, resulting in cell mixing across the lamina/lobula ..
- Vilse, a conserved Rac/Cdc42 GAP mediating Robo repulsion in tracheal cells and axonsAnnika Lundström
Department of Developmental Biology, Wenner Gren Institute, Stockholm University, S 106 96 Stockholm, Sweden
Genes Dev 18:2161-71. 2004..These results together with genetic interaction experiments with robo, vilse, and rac mutants suggest a mechanism whereby Robo repulsion is mediated by the localized inactivation of Rac through Vilse...
- Roundabout 2 regulates migration of sensory neurons by signaling in transRachel Kraut
Division of Biology 114 96, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Curr Biol 14:1319-29. 2004..The development of Drosophila embryonic sense organs provides a neuronal migration paradigm where the in vivo roles of Slit and Robo can be assayed using genetics...
- The Drosophila Wnt5 protein mediates selective axon fasciculation in the embryonic central nervous systemLee G Fradkin
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Leiden University Medical Center, 2333 AL Leiden, The Netherlands
Dev Biol 272:362-75. 2004..Finally, we demonstrate that transcriptional repression of wnt5 in AC neurons by the recently described Wnt5 receptor, Derailed, contributes to this largely posterior commissural localization of Wnt5 protein...
- The microtubule plus end tracking protein Orbit/MAST/CLASP acts downstream of the tyrosine kinase Abl in mediating axon guidanceHaeryun Lee
Department of Cell Biology, Program in Neuroscience, Dana Farber Cancer Institute Harvard Cancer Center and Harvard Center of Neurodegeneration and Repair, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neuron 42:913-26. 2004..These and other data suggest a model where Abl acts as a central signaling node to coordinate actin and microtubule dynamics downstream of guidance receptors...
- Slit-Robo signalling prevents sensory cells from crossing the midline in DrosophilaVirginie Orgogozo
Ecole Normale Superieure, UMR 8542, 46 rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
Mech Dev 121:427-36. 2004..Our observations indicate that in slit mutant embryos, as well as in robo, robo2 double mutants, sensory precursor cells of the left and right vmd1a neurons aberrantly cluster at the midline and ..
- Positioning sensory terminals in the olfactory lobe of Drosophila by Robo signalingDhanisha Jhaveri
Department of Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Homi Bhabha Road, Mumbai 400005, India
Development 131:1903-12. 2004..Our data suggests that guidance of axons across brain hemispheres is mediated by Slit-dependent Robo2 signaling...
- Axonal heparan sulfate proteoglycans regulate the distribution and efficiency of the repellent slit during midline axon guidanceKarl G Johnson
Harvard Medical School, Department of Cell Biology, Program in Neuroscience, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Curr Biol 14:499-504. 2004....
- robo2 and robo3 interact with eagle to regulate serotonergic neuron differentiationJessica A Couch
Department of Biology, 071 Gilmer Hall, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA
Development 131:997-1006. 2004..Additionally, we show that the axon guidance molecules roundabout2 and roundabout3 (robo2/3) are necessary for serotonergic neuron differentiation and function independently of ..
- Neuronal guidance. A genetic perspectiveG Tear
Department of Biochemistry, Imperial College, London, UK
Trends Genet 15:113-8. 1999..Here I highlight the part genetic screens and analyses have played in revealing some of the key players in neuronal guidance...
- Genes Essential To Motor Axon Guidance in DrosophilaDavid Van Vactor; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will use a combination of genetics, cell biology and biochemistry to determine each protein's function in axon guidance and to dissect the signaling mechanisms that regulate the key effector activities. ..