Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gr64b
Description: Gustatory receptor 64b
Alias: CG14986, CG32257, Dmel64b, Dmel\CG32257, GR64b, Gr64, anon-WO0118547.604, CG32257 gene product from transcript CG32257-RA, CG32257-PA, Gr64b-PA, gustatory receptor 64b
Species: fruit fly
- Trehalose sensitivity in Drosophila correlates with mutations in and expression of the gustatory receptor gene Gr5aK Ueno
Graduate School of Information Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8579, Japan
Curr Biol 11:1451-5. 2001..Taken together, the mutation analyses support that Gr5a is allelic to Tre...
- A Drosophila gustatory receptor required for the responses to sucrose, glucose, and maltose identified by mRNA taggingYuchen Jiao
Department of Biological Chemistry, Center for Sensory Biology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:14110-5. 2007..These data demonstrate that multiple Grs are coexpressed with Gr5a and that Drosophila Gr64a is required for the responses to multiple sugars...
- Two Gr genes underlie sugar reception in DrosophilaAnupama Dahanukar
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520 8103, USA
Neuron 56:503-16. 2007..The simplest interpretation of our results is that Gr5a and Gr64a are each capable of functioning independently of each other within individual sugar neurons and that they are the primary receptors used in the labellum to detect sugars...
- Regulation of gustatory physiology and appetitive behavior by the Drosophila circadian clockAbhishek Chatterjee
Department of Biology and Center for Biological Clocks Research, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 3258, USA
Curr Biol 20:300-9. 2010..Here we examine gustatory physiology, tastant-evoked appetitive behavior, and food ingestion to understand clock-dependent regulation of the Drosophila gustatory system...
- Sugar receptors in DrosophilaJesse Slone
Duke University Medical Center, Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Curr Biol 17:1809-16. 2007..Here, we show that the Gr64 genes encode receptors for numerous sugars...
- Detection of sweet tastants by a conserved group of insect gustatory receptorsErica Gene Freeman
Bioengineering Interdepartmental Graduate Program, Interdepartmental Neuroscience Program, and Department of Entomology, Institute of Integrative Genome Biology, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:1598-603. 2014..Our results provide a molecular basis for tastant detection by the entire repertoire of sweet taste receptors in the fly and lay the foundation for studying Grs in mosquitoes and other insects that transmit deadly diseases. ..
- Gustatory and metabolic perception of nutrient stress in DrosophilaNancy J Linford
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:2587-92. 2015....
- Drosophila sugar receptors in sweet taste perception, olfaction, and internal nutrient sensingShinsuke Fujii
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Texas A and M Health Science Center, College Station, TX 77845, USA
Curr Biol 25:621-7. 2015..Thus, sugar receptors may contribute to feeding behavior via multiple sensory systems...
- A genetic tool kit for cellular and behavioral analyses of insect sugar receptorsAhmet Yavuz
a Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine Texas A and M Health Science Center College Station, TX USA
Fly (Austin) 8:189-96. 2014..Thus, the precisely engineered genetic mutations of single Gr genes and construction of a sugar-blind strain provide powerful analytical tools for examining the roles of Drosophila and other insect sugar Gr genes in sweet taste. ..
- Re-patterning sleep architecture in Drosophila through gustatory perception and nutritional qualityNancy J Linford
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, Geriatrics Center and Nathan Shock Center of Excellence in the Basic Biology of Aging, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
PLoS Genet 8:e1002668. 2012..These results provide evidence that gustatory perception can alter arousal thresholds for sleep behavior in response to dietary cues and provide a mechanism by which organisms tune their behavior and physiology to environmental cues...
- Taste and pheromone perception in mammals and fliesHiroaki Matsunami
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Genome Biol 4:220. 2003..Comparison of these systems in Drosophila and mouse uncovers clear differences and a few surprising similarities...
- Gr64f is required in combination with other gustatory receptors for sugar detection in DrosophilaYuchen Jiao
Department of Biological Chemistry, Department of Neuroscience, Center for Sensory Biology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Curr Biol 18:1797-801. 2008..These seven transmembrane receptors include Gr5a and at least one member of the six genes in the Gr64 cluster (Gr64a), which are expressed in sugar-responsive neurons...
- Evolution of the sugar receptors in insectsLauren B Kent
Department of Entomology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 61801, USA
BMC Evol Biol 9:41. 2009..We examined the evolution of these SRs within the 12 available Drosophila genome sequences, as well as three mosquito, two moth, and beetle, bee, and wasp genome sequences...