Gene Symbol: Dyrk3
Description: Dual-specificity tyrosine phosphorylation-regulated kinase 3
Alias: BcDNA:RE60792, CG40478, DDYRK3, DYRK3, Dm3, DmDyrk3, Dmel\CG40478, FBtr0100406, CG40478 gene product from transcript CG40478-RE, CG40478-PA, CG40478-PC, CG40478-PE, Dyrk3-PA, Dyrk3-PC, Dyrk3-PE
Species: fruit fly
- dDYRK2: a novel dual-specificity tyrosine-phosphorylation-regulated kinase in DrosophilaPamela A Lochhead
The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Cancer Research UK, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
Biochem J 374:381-91. 2003..Finally, dDYRK2 is active at all stages of fly development, with elevated levels observed during embryogenesis and pupation...
- Global analysis of RNA secondary structure in two metazoansFan Li
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cell Rep 1:69-82. 2012..Overall, our findings provide a global assessment of RNA folding in animals...
- Drosophila Dyrk2 plays a role in the development of the visual systemNathan Luebbering
Department of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e76775. 2013..Drosophila encodes three Dyrks: minibrain/Dyrk1A, DmDyrk2, and DmDyrk3. Here we describe the creation and characterization of a DmDyrk2 null allele, DmDyrk2(1w17) ...
- Non-coding roX RNAs prevent the binding of the MSL-complex to heterochromatic regionsMargarida L A Figueiredo
Department of Molecular Biology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
PLoS Genet 10:e1004865. 2014..We hypothesize that roX mutants reveal the ancient targeting of the MSL-complex and propose that the role of roX RNAs is to prevent the binding of the MSL-complex to heterochromatin. ..
- cis-Acting determinants of heterochromatin formation on Drosophila melanogaster chromosome fourFang Lin Sun
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
Mol Cell Biol 24:8210-20. 2004..We propose that heterochromatin formation is initiated at dispersed repetitive elements along the fourth chromosome and spreads for approximately 10 kb or until encountering competition from a euchromatic determinant...
- Characterization of a domain that transiently converts class 2 DYRKs into intramolecular tyrosine kinasesRoss Kinstrie
1Department of Immunology, Infection and Inflammation, Glasgow Biomedical Research Centre, University of Glasgow, 120 University Place, Glasgow G12 8TA, UK
Sci Signal 3:ra16. 2010..The conservation of the NAPA domain from trypanosomes to humans indicates that this form of intramolecular phosphorylation of the activation loop is ancient and may represent a primordial mechanism for the activation of protein kinases...
- Heterochromatin protein 1a is required for an open chromatin structureDiane E Cryderman
Department of Biochemistry University of Iowa Iowa City, IA USA
Transcription 2:95-99. 2011..We investigated a stock harboring a silenced transgene inserted into Dyrk3 and near Caps-two expressed genes on chromosome four...
- A genome-wide Drosophila RNAi screen identifies DYRK-family kinases as regulators of NFATYousang Gwack
The CBR Institute for Biomedical Research and the Departments of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 441:646-50. 2006..Thus, genetic screening in Drosophila can be successfully applied to cross evolutionary boundaries and identify new regulators of a transcription factor that is expressed only in vertebrates...