- Structural elements in the Gag polyprotein of feline immunodeficiency virus involved in Gag self-association and assembly
Juan C Abdusetir Cerfoglio
Laboratorio de Virologia, CONICET Universidad de Belgrano UB, Villanueva 1324, Buenos Aires C1426BMJ, Argentina
J Gen Virol 95:2050-9. 2014
The Gag polyprotein of feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) assembles at the plasma membrane of the infected cells. We aimed to identify the FIV Gag domains that interact and promote Gag multimerization...
- Feline immunodeficiency virus Gag is a nuclear shuttling protein
Department of Molecular Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Virol 86:8402-11. 2012
Lentiviral genomic RNAs are encapsidated by the viral Gag protein during virion assembly. The intracellular location of the initial Gag-RNA interaction is unknown...
- Biophysical characterization of the feline immunodeficiency virus p24 capsid protein conformation and in vitro capsid assembly
Laboratoire de Biocristallographie et Biologie Structurale des Cibles Thérapeutiques, IBCP BMSSI, UMR 5086 CNRS Université de Lyon, SFR BioSciences Gerland Lyon Sud, Lyon, France
PLoS ONE 8:e56424. 2013
..This was confirmed by electron microscopy, where FIV p24 assembled into spherical particles. Comparison of FIV p24 with other retroviral capsid proteins showed that FIV assembly is particular and requires further specific study...
- Nucleotide sequence and genomic organization of feline immunodeficiency virus
R L Talbott
Department of Molecular Biology, Research Foundation of Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, CA 92037
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:5743-7. 1989
..The integrated provirus has a total length of 9472 base pairs. Three long open reading frames corresponding to GAG, POL, and ENV gene coding frames are evident...
- Nucleotide sequence analysis of feline immunodeficiency virus: genome organization and relationship to other lentiviruses
R A Olmsted
Department of Microbiology, Georgetown University, Rockville, MD 20852
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:8088-92. 1989
..In addition to three large open reading frames representing the gag, pol, and env genes, at least four small open reading frames are present in the pol-env intergenic, env, and env-3' ..
- Functional domains in the feline immunodeficiency virus nucleocapsid protein
Mariana L Manrique
Centro de Virologia Animal CEVAN CONICET, C1414DEM Buenos Aires, Argentina
Virology 327:83-92. 2004
Retroviral nucleocapsid (NC) proteins are small Gag-derived products containing one or two zinc finger motifs that mediate genomic RNA packaging into virions...
- FIV Gag: virus assembly and host-cell interactions
Benjamin G Luttge
Virus Cell Interaction Section, HIV Drug Resistance Program, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 134:3-13. 2010
..It is well understood that all replication-competent retroviruses encode gag, pol, and env genes, which provide core elements for virus replication...