- Insights into the function of YciM, a heat shock membrane protein required to maintain envelope integrity in Escherichia coliValérie Nicolaes
de Duve Institute, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
J Bacteriol 196:300-9. 2014..Strains lacking yciM were among the most sensitive strains of the mutant collection...
- yciM is an essential gene required for regulation of lipopolysaccharide synthesis in Escherichia coliS Mahalakshmi
CSIR Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, India, 500007
Mol Microbiol 91:145-57. 2014..Here, we show that yciM, a gene encoding a tetratricopeptide repeat protein of unknown function, modulates LPS levels by negatively ..
- An Unexpected Duo: Rubredoxin Binds Nine TPR Motifs to Form LapB, an Essential Regulator of Lipopolysaccharide SynthesisChelsy Prince
Department of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, Queen s University, Kingston, ON K7L3N6, Canada
Structure 23:1500-6. 2015..The essential protein LapB from Escherichia coli has recently been identified as a regulator of LPS synthesis...
- A consensus sequence of three DNA replication terminus sites on the E. coli chromosome is highly homologous to the terR sites of the R6K plasmidM Hidaka
Department of Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Cell 55:467-75. 1988..In addition, all Ter active pUC-terC plasmids had a low copy number and were unstable in the host cells...
- A genome-wide approach to identify the genes involved in biofilm formation in E. coliEmma Tabe Eko Niba
Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, Kobe, Hyogo 657 8501, Japan
DNA Res 14:237-46. 2007..of the nine mutants of function-unknown genes indicated that some of them, such as yfgA that genetically interacts with a periplasmic chaperone gene surA together with yciB and yciM, might be required for the integrity of outer membrane.
- Detection of new genes in a bacterial genome using Markov models for three gene classesM Borodovsky
School of Biology, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta 30332, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 23:3554-62. 1995....