Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: yccA
Description: Modulator of FtsH protease, inner membrane protein
Alias: ECK0961, JW0953
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- The E. coli divE mutation, which differentially inhibits synthesis of certain proteins, is in tRNASer1F Tamura
EMBO J 3:1103-7. 1984....
- Different pathways for protein degradation by the FtsH/HflKC membrane-embedded protease complex: an implication from the interference by a mutant form of a new substrate protein, YccAA Kihara
Department of Cell Biology, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Japan
J Mol Biol 279:175-88. 1998..coli chromosome. The mutation (yccA11) is an internal deletion within a gene (yccA) known as an open reading frame for a hydrophobic protein with putative seven transmembrane segments...
- FtsH--a single-chain charonin?W Schumann
Institute of Genetics, University of Bayreuth, Germany
FEMS Microbiol Rev 23:1-11. 1999..Its activity can be modulated by the HflKC proteins, by another membrane protein designated YccA which can transiently associate with both the FtsH and the HflKC proteins, or by small peptides such as CIII ..
- Dislocation of membrane proteins in FtsH-mediated proteolysisA Kihara
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
EMBO J 18:2970-81. 1999Escherichia coli FtsH degrades several integral membrane proteins, including YccA, having seven transmembrane segments, a cytosolic N-terminus and a periplasmic C-terminus...
- Length recognition at the N-terminal tail for the initiation of FtsH-mediated proteolysisS Chiba
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University Japan
EMBO Rep 1:47-52. 2000..b>YccA, a natural substrate of FtsH was found to require the N-terminal tail of 20 amino acid residues or longer to be ..
- The Cpx stress response system of Escherichia coli senses plasma membrane proteins and controls HtpX, a membrane protease with a cytosolic active siteNobuyuki Shimohata
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Genes Cells 7:653-62. 2002..The pathway for this transmembrane signalling is mediated by the CpxR-CpxA two-component phospho-relay mechanism...
- Global impact of mature biofilm lifestyle on Escherichia coli K-12 gene expressionChristophe Beloin
Groupe de Génétique des Biofilms CNRS URA 2172, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Mol Microbiol 51:659-74. 2004..These results constitute a comprehensive analysis of the global transcriptional response triggered in mature E. coli biofilms and provide insights into its physiological signature...
- BAX Inhibitor-1, an ancient cell death suppressor in animals and plants with prokaryotic relativesR Hückelhoven
Institute of Phytopathology and Applied Zoology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Heinrich Buff Ring 26 32, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Apoptosis 9:299-307. 2004..This review focuses on the present understanding about BI-1 and suggests potential directions for further analyses of this increasingly noticed protein...
- Effects of antibiotics and a proto-oncogene homolog on destruction of protein translocator SecYJohna van Stelten
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Science 325:753-6. 2009..Increasing the amounts or the stability of the membrane protein YccA, a known inhibitor of FtsH, counteracted this destruction...
- Expression of the leuX gene in Escherichia coli. Regulation at transcription and tRNA processing stepsT Nomura
Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Shizuoka, Japan
J Mol Biol 197:659-70. 1987....
- Transcriptional response of Escherichia coli to external copperKaneyoshi Yamamoto
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, Kinki University, Nakamachi 3327 204, Nara 631 8505, Japan
Mol Microbiol 56:215-27. 2005..e. CueR, CusR, CpxR and YedW regulons. These copper-responsive regulons appear to sense and respond to different concentrations of external copper...