Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: trmI
Description: tRNA m(7)G46 methyltransferase, SAM-dependent
Alias: ECK2955, JW2927, trmB?, yggH
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Nucleotide sequence of the Escherichia coli micA gene required for A/G-specific mismatch repair: identity of micA and mutYJ J Tsai-Wu
Department of Biological Chemistry, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21201
J Bacteriol 173:1902-10. 1991..Furthermore, our results suggest that micA is the same gene as the closely mapped mutY, which encodes the A/G mismatch-specific glycosylase...
- A new essential gene of the 'minimal genome' affecting cell divisionM Dassain
Laboratoire de Microbiologie et de Génétique Cellulaire du CNRS, 118, route de Narbonne, 31062 Toulouse, France
Biochimie 81:889-95. 1999..We hypothesize that YihA, like the Era GTPase, may participate in a checkpoint mechanism that ensures a correct coordination of cell cycle events...
- The yggH gene of Escherichia coli encodes a tRNA (m7G46) methyltransferaseLara G S De Bie
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
J Bacteriol 185:3238-43. 2003We cloned, expressed, and purified the Escherichia coli YggH protein and show that it catalyzes the S-adenosyl-L-methionine-dependent formation of N(7)-methylguanosine at position 46 (m(7)G46) in tRNA. Additionally, we generated an E...
- Sequence-structure-function relationships of a tRNA (m7G46) methyltransferase studied by homology modeling and site-directed mutagenesisElzbieta Purta
Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Protein Engineering, International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Warsaw, Poland
Proteins 59:482-8. 2005The Escherichia coli TrmB protein and its Saccharomyces cerevisiae ortholog Trm8p catalyze the S-adenosyl-L-methionine-dependent formation of 7-methylguanosine at position 46 (m7G46) in tRNA...
- Crystallization and preliminary crystallographic analysis of tRNA (m(7)G46) methyltransferase from Escherichia coliQi Liu
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale and School of Life Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, 96 Jinzhai Road, Hefei, Anhui 230027, People s Republic of China
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 64:743-5. 2008..An X-ray diffraction data set was collected using a single flash-cooled crystal that belonged to space group P2(1)...
- A genome-based approach for the identification of essential bacterial genesF Arigoni
Geneva Biomedical Research Institute, Glaxo Wellcome Research and Development S A, Switzerland
Nat Biotechnol 16:851-6. 1998..This study systematically integrates comparative genomics and targeted gene disruptions to identify broadly conserved bacterial genes of unknown function required for survival on complex media...