Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rnhB
Description: ribonuclease HII, degrades RNA of DNA-RNA hybrids
Alias: ECK0182, JW0178
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Excision of misincorporated ribonucleotides in DNA by RNase H (type 2) and FEN-1 in cell-free extractsBjorn Rydberg
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:16654-9. 2002..We knocked out the corresponding rnhb gene in E. coli and show that extracts from this strain lack the nicking activity...
- Isolation and characterization of a second RNase H (RNase HII) of Escherichia coli K-12 encoded by the rnhB geneM Itaya
Department of Molecular Biology, Mitsubishi Kasei Institute of Life Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:8587-91. 1990..The rnhB gene, which encodes RNase HII, was distinct from rnhA by its map position (4.5 min on E...
- Sequence analysis of the Escherichia coli dnaE geneH G Tomasiewicz
Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Genetics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262
J Bacteriol 169:5735-44. 1987..11) with a molecular weight of 23,228. In the accompanying paper (D.N. Crowell, W.S. Reznikoff, and C.R.H. Raetz, J. Bacteriol. 169:5727-5734, 1987), the sequence of the upstream region that contains lpxA and lpxB is reported...
- Identification of the genes encoding Mn2+-dependent RNase HII and Mg2+-dependent RNase HIII from Bacillus subtilis: classification of RNases H into three familiesN Ohtani
Department of Material and Life Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, Japan
Biochemistry 38:605-18. 1999..In contrast, the rnh (rnhB) gene product (RNase HII) showed a preference for Mn2+, as did E...
- Characterization of ribonuclease HII from Escherichia coli overproduced in a soluble formN Ohtani
Department of Material and Life Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biochem 127:895-9. 2000....
- LuxArray, a high-density, genomewide transcription analysis of Escherichia coli using bioluminescent reporter strainsT K Van Dyk
Central Research and Development Department, DuPont Company, Wilmington, Delaware 19880 0173, USA
J Bacteriol 183:5496-505. 2001..Thus, the promoters of ycgH, intG, rihC, and a putative operon consisting of lpxA, lpxB, rnhB, and dnaE were not generally DNA damage responsive and represent a more specific response to nalidixic acid...
- The pH-dependence of the Escherichia coli RNase HII-catalysed reaction suggests that an active site carboxylate group participates directly in catalysisJames A Bastock
Centre for Chemical Biology, Department of Chemistry, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, S3 7HF, UK
J Mol Biol 368:421-33. 2007....
- Ribonuclease H: molecular diversities, substrate binding domains, and catalytic mechanism of the prokaryotic enzymesTakashi Tadokoro
Department of Material and Life Science, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
FEBS J 276:1482-93. 2009..We review the results of these studies...