Gene Symbol: ECs0670
Description: D-alanyl-D-alanine carboxypeptidase
Species: Escherichia coli O157:H7 str. Sakai
- An amino acid substitution that blocks the deacylation step in the enzyme mechanism of penicillin-binding protein 5 of Escherichia coliJ Broome-Smith
FEBS Lett 165:185-9. 1984..We show that the mutation is caused by a single nucleotide transition that results in a change from glycine at residue 105 of the wild-type sequence of penicillin-binding protein 5 to aspartate in the mutant...
- Substitution of lysine 213 with arginine in penicillin-binding protein 5 of Escherichia coli abolishes D-alanine carboxypeptidase activity without affecting penicillin bindingK T Malhotra
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7365
J Biol Chem 267:11386-91. 1992....
- Nucleotide sequences of the penicillin-binding protein 5 and 6 genes of Escherichia coliJ K Broome-Smith
Microbial Genetics Group, School of Biological Sciences, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 16:1617. 1988
- Genes encoding two lipoproteins in the leuS-dacA region of the Escherichia coli chromosomeI Takase
Institute of Applied Microbiology, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Bacteriol 169:5692-9. 1987..These two lipoproteins may be important in duplication of the cells...
- Amino acid sequence homologies between Escherichia coli penicillin-binding protein 5 and class A beta-lactamasesD J Waxman
FEBS Lett 139:159-63. 1982
- Domain organization of penicillin-binding protein 5 from Escherichia coli analysed by C-terminal truncationM P van der Linden
Department of Biochemistry, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Biochem J 289:593-8. 1993..This protein, however was more susceptible to proteolytic degradation, which might indicate a role of the C-terminal portion in stabilizing the protein...