Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: dcuR
Description: response regulator in two-component regulatory system with DcuS
Alias: ECK4117, JW4085, yjdG
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- Polar localization of a tripartite complex of the two-component system DcuS/DcuR and the transporter DctA in Escherichia coli depends on the sensor kinase DcuSPatrick D Scheu
Institute for Microbiology and Wine Research, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e115534. 2014The C4-dicarboxylate responsive sensor kinase DcuS of the DcuS/DcuR two-component system of E. coli is membrane-bound and reveals a polar localization...
- CitA/CitB two-component system regulating citrate fermentation in Escherichia coli and its relation to the DcuS/DcuR system in vivoP D Scheu
Institute for Microbiology and Wine Research, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
J Bacteriol 194:636-45. 2012..CitA/CitB is related to the DcuS/DcuR two-component system which induces the expression of genes for fumarate respiration in response to C(4)-..
- Fumarate regulation of gene expression in Escherichia coli by the DcuSR (dcuSR genes) two-component regulatory systemE Zientz
Institut für Mikrobiologie und Weinforschung, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, 55099 Mainz, Germany
J Bacteriol 180:5421-5. 1998..a two-component regulatory system, DcuSR, consisting of a sensory histidine kinase (DcuS) and a response regulator (DcuR). DcuS and DcuR are encoded by the dcuSR genes (previously yjdHG) at 93.7 min on the calculated E. coli map...
- Identification and characterization of a two-component sensor-kinase and response-regulator system (DcuS-DcuR) controlling gene expression in response to C4-dicarboxylates in Escherichia coliP Golby
The School of Animal and Microbial Sciences, University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading RG6 6AJ, United Kingdom
J Bacteriol 181:1238-48. 1999..The corresponding Tn10 mutation resides in the yjdH gene, which is adjacent to the yjdG gene and close to the dcuB gene at approximately 93.5 min in the E. coli chromosome...
- Function of DcuS from Escherichia coli as a fumarate-stimulated histidine protein kinase in vitroIngo G Janausch
Institut für Mikrobiologie und Weinforschung, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, Becherweg 15, 55099 Mainz, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:39809-14. 2002..The phosphoryl group of DcuS was rapidly transferred to the response regulator DcuR. Upon phosphorylation, DcuR bound specifically to dcuB promoter DNA...
- Global gene expression profiling in Escherichia coli K12. The effects of oxygen availability and FNRKirsty Salmon
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics and The Molecular Biology Institute, UCLA, Los Angeles, Cal ifornia, 90095 1489, USA
J Biol Chem 278:29837-55. 2003..In particular, we describe an approach for identifying gene expression patterns (clusters) obtained from multiple perturbation experiments based on a subset of genes that exhibit high probability for differential expression values...
- Beta-lactam resistance modulated by the overexpression of response regulators of two-component signal transduction systems in Escherichia coliHidetada Hirakawa
Department of Cell Membrane Biology, Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research, Osaka University, Ibaraki, Osaka 567 0047, Japan
J Antimicrob Chemother 52:576-82. 2003..We cloned all 32 response regulators and examined whether or not response regulator-overexpressing cells confer resistance to beta-lactam antibiotics in E. coli...
- DNA interaction and phosphotransfer of the C4-dicarboxylate-responsive DcuS-DcuR two-component regulatory system from Escherichia coliAly E Abo-Amer
The School of Animal and Microbial Sciences, University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading RG6AJ, United Kingdom
J Bacteriol 186:1879-89. 2004The DcuS-DcuR system of Escherichia coli is a two-component sensor-regulator that controls gene expression in response to external C(4)-dicarboxylates and citrate...
- Phosphorylation and DNA binding of the regulator DcuR of the fumarate-responsive two-component system DcuSR of Escherichia coliIngo G Janausch
Institut für Mikrobiologie und Weinforschung, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, Becherweg 15, 55 099 Mainz, Germany
Microbiology 150:877-83. 2004The function of the response regulator DcuR of the DcuSR fumarate two-component sensory system of Escherichia coli was analysed in vitro...
- Hierarchical control of anaerobic gene expression in Escherichia coli K-12: the nitrate-responsive NarX-NarL regulatory system represses synthesis of the fumarate-responsive DcuS-DcuR regulatory systemEe Been Goh
Section of Microbiology, University of California, Davis, 95616 8665, USA
J Bacteriol 187:4890-9. 2005..The transcription of the corresponding structural genes is activated by the DcuS-DcuR two-component system in response to fumarate or its dicarboxylate precursors...
- Expression of Escherichia coli DcuS-R two-component regulatory system is regulated by the secondary internal promoter which is activated by CRP-cAMPTomoya Oyamada
Department of Applied Chemistry, National Defense Academy of Japan, Yokosuka, Japan
J Microbiol 45:234-40. 2007..It is known that phospho-DcuR induces expression of genes such as the dcuB-fumB operon, the frdABCD operon, and the dctA gene...