Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ampH
Description: D-alanyl-D-alanine-carboxypeptidase/endopeptidase; penicillin-binding protein; weak beta-lactamase
Alias: ECK0371, JW5052, yaiH
Species: Escherichia coli str. K-12 substr. MG1655
- AmpH, a bifunctional DD-endopeptidase and DD-carboxypeptidase of Escherichia coliSilvia M González-Leiza
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, C Nicola s Cabrera 1, Madrid, 28049 Madrid, Spain
J Bacteriol 193:6887-94. 2011..b>AmpH has been classified as an AmpH-type class C LMM PBP, a group closely related to AmpC β-lactamases...
- AmpC and AmpH, proteins related to the class C beta-lactamases, bind penicillin and contribute to the normal morphology of Escherichia coliT A Henderson
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks 58202 9037, USA
J Bacteriol 179:6112-21. 1997..5 min on the E. coli genomic map and is a previously uncharacterized open reading frame, here named ampH, that encodes a protein closely related to the class C beta-lactamases...
- Escherichia coli mutants lacking all possible combinations of eight penicillin binding proteins: viability, characteristics, and implications for peptidoglycan synthesisS A Denome
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota 58202 9037, USA
J Bacteriol 181:3981-93. 1999..The genes encoding PBPs 1a, 1b, 4, 5, 6, and 7, AmpC, and AmpH were cloned, and from each gene an internal coding sequence was removed and replaced with a kanamycin resistance ..
- Approaching the physiological functions of penicillin-binding proteins in Escherichia coliK D Young
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks 58202 9037, USA
Biochimie 83:99-102. 2001....
- Comparison of high-performance liquid chromatography and fluorophore-assisted carbohydrate electrophoresis methods for analyzing peptidoglycan composition of Escherichia coliShi Yan Li
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of North Dakota School of Medicine, Grand Forks, ND 58202 9037, USA
Anal Biochem 326:1-12. 2004..The results also suggest a possible biochemical activity for the AmpC and AmpH proteins of E...
- Detection of new genes in a bacterial genome using Markov models for three gene classesM Borodovsky
School of Biology, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta 30332, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 23:3554-62. 1995....