Gene Symbol: HBA
Description: hemoglobin, alpha 1
Alias: HBA1, hemoglobin subunit alpha, alpha-globin, globin, alpha 1, hemoglobin alpha chain
- The structure of horse methaemoglobin at 2-0 A resolutionR C Ladner
J Mol Biol 114:385-414. 1977
- A correction to the sequence of the alpha chains of horse haemoglobinR Ladner
J Mol Biol 103:675-7. 1976
- Gene conversions in the horse alpha-globin gene complexJ B Clegg
MRC Molecular Haematology Unit, Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Evol 4:492-503. 1987..5 Myr and that the alpha 1 genes may have undergone a recent interchromosomal gene conversion...
- Structure and evolution of the horse zeta globin locusJ Flint
MRC Molecular Haematology Unit, Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, U K
J Mol Biol 199:427-37. 1988..Comparisons of sequences flanking the zeta and psi zeta genes reveal areas of considerable interspecies homology, which can be explained by a zeta gene duplication that pre-dated the mammalian radiation...
- Three-dimensional Fourier synthesis of horse oxyhaemoglobin at 2.8 A resolution: (1) x-ray analysisM F Perutz
Nature 219:29-32. 1968
- Three-dimensional Fourier synthesis of horse oxyhaemoglobin at 2.8 A resolution: the atomic modelM F Perutz
Nature 219:131-9. 1968
- Genetic organization of the polymorphic equine alpha globin locus and sequence of the BII alpha 1 geneJ B Clegg
Nucleic Acids Res 12:7847-58. 1984The equine alpha globin gene complex comprises two functional alpha genes and an alpha-like pseudogene arranged in the order 5'-alpha 2-(5kb)-alpha 1-(3kb)-psi alpha-3'...
- [Hemoglobins, XXXIII. Note on the Sequence of the hemoglobins of the horse (author's transl)]G Matsuda
Hoppe Seylers Z Physiol Chem 361:1107-16. 1980..According to these data and biological contributions of other authors, the biological aspects of the primary structure and the polymorphism of the hemoglobins of the horse are discussed...
- Phylogenetic relationships within the genus Equus and the evolution of alpha and theta globin genesE A Oakenfull
Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
J Mol Evol 47:772-83. 1998..9 million years ago. These results from the alpha genes are corroborated by theta gene data and are in contrast to mitochondrial DNA studies of the phylogeny of this genus, which suggest a more gradual set of speciation events...
- Preliminary neutron and X-ray crystallographic studies of equine cyanomethemoglobinA Y Kovalevsky
Bioscience Division, MS M888, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM 87545, USA
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 66:474-7. 2010..Interestingly, a water molecule that is in the vicinity of the heme group and coordinated to the distal histidine appears to be expelled from this site in the low-temperature structure...