Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RAC1
Description: ras-related C3 botulinum toxin substrate 1 (rho family, small GTP binding protein Rac1)
Alias: RAC2, ras-related C3 botulinum toxin substrate 1, Rac 1b, p21-Rac1, rac2 GTP-binding protein
- Immediate-early signaling induced by E-cadherin engagement and adhesionTomas D Perez
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 5430, USA
J Biol Chem 283:5014-22. 2008..Phosphoinositides and Rac1 co-accumulated with E-cadherin, reached peak levels with E-cadherin, but then rapidly dispersed...
- Localized zones of Rho and Rac activities drive initiation and expansion of epithelial cell-cell adhesionSoichiro Yamada
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Cell Biol 178:517-27. 2007..Using high-resolution live-cell imaging, biosensors, and small molecule inhibitors, we investigate how Rac1 and RhoA regulate actin dynamics during de novo contact formation between pairs of epithelial cells...
- ARF6-dependent activation of ERK and Rac1 modulates epithelial tubule developmentJogender Singh Tushir
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46656, USA
EMBO J 26:1806-19. 2007..First, ARF6 regulates the subcellular distribution of the GTPase, Rac1, to tubule extensions...
- Rho family GTPases bind to phosphoinositide kinasesK F Tolias
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Biol Chem 270:17656-9. 1995..We found that both GTP- and GDP-bound Rac1 associate with phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate 5-kinase in vitro and in vivo...
- Early herpes simplex virus type 1 infection is dependent on regulated Rac1/Cdc42 signalling in epithelial MDCKII cellsSven Hoppe
Max Planck Institute for Neurological Research, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
J Gen Virol 87:3483-94. 2006..Thus, the impact of the small Rho-like GTPases Rac1, Cdc42 and RhoA acting as key regulators of actin dynamics was addressed...
- Identification of IQGAP as a putative target for the small GTPases, Cdc42 and Rac1S Kuroda
Division of Signal Transduction, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5 Takayama, Ikoma 630 01, Japan
J Biol Chem 271:23363-7. 1996Cdc42 and Rac1 have been implicated in the regulation of various cell functions such as cell morphology, polarity, and cell proliferation...
- Identification of a putative effector for Cdc42Hs with high sequence similarity to the RasGAP-related protein IQGAP1 and a Cdc42Hs binding partner with similarity to IQGAP2S J McCallum
Department of Biochemistry, Veterinary Medical Center, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 271:21732-7. 1996..Both p180 and p175 were capable of binding to Rac1 but not to RhoA or Ha-Ras...
- IQGAP1, a calmodulin-binding protein with a rasGAP-related domain, is a potential effector for cdc42HsM J Hart
Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Richmond, CA 94806, USA
EMBO J 15:2997-3005. 1996..These results suggest that IQGAP1 is an effector target for cdc42Hs and may mediate the effects of this GTPase on cell morphology...
- A brain serine/threonine protein kinase activated by Cdc42 and Rac1E Manser
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, National University of Singapore, Kent Ridge
Nature 367:40-6. 1994A new brain serine/threonine protein kinase may be a target for the p21ras-related proteins Cdc42 and Rac1. The kinase sequence is related to that of the yeast protein STE20, implicated in pheromone-response pathways...
- Interaction of Rac with p67phox and regulation of phagocytic NADPH oxidase activityD Diekmann
Medical Research Council Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology, University College London, UK
Science 265:531-3. 1994..b>Rac1 interacted directly with p67phox in a GTP-dependent manner...
- Activation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase activity by Cdc42Hs binding to p85Y Zheng
Department of Pharmacology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853
J Biol Chem 269:18727-30. 1994..Similar interactions were observed between p85 and GST-Rac1-GTP gamma S but not between p85 and GST-RhoA-GTP gamma S...
- A novel serine kinase activated by rac1/CDC42Hs-dependent autophosphorylation is related to PAK65 and STE20G A Martin
Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Richmond, CA 94806, USA
EMBO J 14:1970-8. 1995..proteins in neutrophil cytosol of molecular size 65, 62 and 68 kDa which interact in a GTP-dependent manner with rac1 and CDC42Hs, but not with rho...
- A 68-kDa kinase and NADPH oxidase component p67phox are targets for Cdc42Hs and Rac1 in neutrophilsE Prigmore
Department of Neurochemistry, Institute of Neurology, London, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 270:10717-22. 1995Cdc42Hs and Rac1 are members of the Ras superfamily of small molecular weight (p21) GTP binding proteins. Cdc42Hs induces filopodia formation in Swiss 3T3 fibroblasts while Rac1 induces membrane ruffling...
- Establishing epithelial glandular polarity: interlinked roles for ARF6, Rac1, and the matrix microenvironmentChristine L Monteleon
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Mol Biol Cell 23:4495-505. 2012..This inversion of glandular orientation is accompanied by Rac1 inactivation during early cystogenesis, and temporal activation of Rac1 is sufficient to recover the normal cyst ..
- Activation of Rac by cadherin through the c-Src-Rap1-phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-Vav2 pathwayT Fukuyama
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine Faculty of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Oncogene 25:8-19. 2006..This effect of Rap1 on Vav2 was mediated by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. We describe here the signaling pathway from trans-interacting cadherin to the activation of Rac...
- Rac-WAVE-mediated actin reorganization is required for organization and maintenance of cell-cell adhesionDaisuke Yamazaki
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
J Cell Sci 120:86-100. 2007..Thus, Rac-WAVE-dependent actin reorganization is not only involved in formation of cell-cell adhesions but is also required for their maintenance...
- Rac1 is required for reorientation of polarity and lumen formation through a PI 3-kinase-dependent pathwayKathleen D Liu
Division of Nephrology, University of California, San Francisco, Box 2140, San Francisco, CA 94143 2140, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F1633-40. 2007..Specifically, expression of a dominant-negative form of Rac1 (DN-Rac1) blocks the reorientation of polarity...
- Molecular cloning of YPT1/SEC4-related cDNAs from an epithelial cell lineP Chavrier
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany
Mol Cell Biol 10:6578-85. 1990..This diversity supports their proposed function in controlling different steps in membrane traffic...
- Paracingulin regulates the activity of Rac1 and RhoA GTPases by recruiting Tiam1 and GEF-H1 to epithelial junctionsLaurent Guillemot
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Geneva, CH 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Mol Biol Cell 19:4442-53. 2008..we characterize the junctional protein paracingulin as a novel regulator of the activity of two small GTPases, Rac1 and RhoA, through the functional interaction with their respective activators, Tiam1 and GEF-H1...
- Role of Src signal transduction pathways in scatter factor-mediated cellular protectionSaijun Fan
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057, USA
J Biol Chem 284:7561-77. 2009..to stimulate Akt and IkappaB kinase activity; and Src-mediated stimulation of NF-kappaB was due, in part, to a Rac1/MKK3/6/p38 pathway and was Akt-dependent. SF caused the activation of Src and the Rac1 effector Pak1...
- Numb is a negative regulator of HGF dependent cell scattering and Rac1 activationKimberly M Lau
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Canada
Exp Cell Res 317:539-51. 2011..Examination of Rac1-GTP levels in Numb knockdown cells revealed hyperactivation of Rac1 following extracellular calcium depletion and ..
- Rapid suppression of activated Rac1 by cadherins and nectins during de novo cell-cell adhesionKhameeka N Kitt
Department of Biology, The James H Clark Center, The Bio X Program, Stanford University, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e17841. 2011..and nectins, and the reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton and membrane dynamics by Rho GTPases, particularly Rac1. However, it remains unclear whether E-cadherin and nectins up-regulate, maintain or suppress Rac1 activity during ..