Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VEGFA
Description: vascular endothelial growth factor A
Alias: VEGF, VEGF-A, VPF, eVEGF120, eVEGF164, vascular endothelial growth factor A, vascular endothelial growth factor 164, vascular permeability factor
- Peroxynitrite increases VEGF expression in vascular endothelial cells via STAT3Daniel H Platt
Vascular Biology Center, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 39:1353-61. 2005Increased expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) has been correlated with increased oxidative stress and formation of peroxynitrite in numerous disease conditions, including diabetic microangiopathy, tumor angiogenesis, ..
- The interplay of cyclic stretch and vascular endothelial growth factor in regulating the initial steps for angiogenesisJustin R Wilkins
Dept of Medicine, Div of Nephrology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, 84112 Dept of Bioengineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 84112
Biotechnol Prog 31:248-57. 2015..of cyclic uniaxial stretch (20%, 1 Hz), with and without the stimulation of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), on sprouting angiogenesis by employing a stretchable three-dimensional cell culture model...
- Programmed translational readthrough generates antiangiogenic VEGF-AxSandeepa M Eswarappa
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, The Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cell 157:1605-18. 2014..Here, we show that vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGFA) mRNA in mammalian endothelial cells undergoes programmed translational readthrough (PTR) ..
- Diabetes-induced superoxide anion and breakdown of the blood-retinal barrier: role of the VEGF/uPAR pathwayAzza B el-Remessy
Vascular Biology Center, Medical College of Georgia, Georgia Regents University, Augusta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e71868. 2013..barrier (BRB) has been linked to hyperglycemia-induced expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and is likely mediated by an increase in oxidative stress...
- Targeting the IRE1α/XBP1 and ATF6 arms of the unfolded protein response enhances VEGF blockade to prevent retinal and choroidal neovascularizationLi Liu
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Am J Pathol 182:1412-24. 2013Although anti-vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) treatments reduce pathological neovascularization in the eye and in tumors, the regression is often not sustainable or is incomplete...
- Advanced glycation end products increase permeability of brain microvascular endothelial cells through reactive oxygen species-induced vascular endothelial growth factor expressionYoshimasa Niiya
Department of Neurosurgery, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 21:293-8. 2012..The aim of this study is to reveal the effect of AGEs on permeability of brain microvascular endothelial cells (BMECs) in order to assess its role in diabetic vascular complications...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor regulates germ cell survival during establishment of spermatogenesis in the bovine testisKyle C Caires
Department of Animal Sciences and Center for Reproductive Biology, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164, USA
Reproduction 138:667-77. 2009Vascular endothelial growth factor-A (VEGFA) is a hypoxia-inducible peptide essential for angiogenesis and targets nonvascular cells in a variety of tissues and cell types...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor stimulates the primary to secondary follicle transition in bovine follicles in vitroM Y Yang
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 74:1095-104. 2007..To test the hypothesis that vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) promotes the primary to secondary follicle transition, pieces of bovine fetal ovarian cortex were cultured with ..
- Differential effect of follicle-stimulating hormone and estradiol on expressions of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) 120, VEGF164 and their receptors in bovine granulosa cellsTakashi Shimizu
Graduate School of Animal and Food Hygiene, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Japan
J Reprod Dev 53:105-12. 2007Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) isoforms (VEGF 120 and VEGF 164) secreted by granulosa cells are involved in thecal angiogenesis during follicular development in the bovine ovary...
- Fibroblast growth factor 2 is more dynamic than vascular endothelial growth factor A during the follicle-luteal transition in the cowR S Robinson
Division of Animal Physiology, University of Nottingham, Loughborough, Leics LE12 5RD, United Kingdom
Biol Reprod 77:28-36. 2007..In the present study, we examined the temporal changes in vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGFA), fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and secreted protein, acidic, cysteine-rich (osteonectin)..
- PKCbetaII/HuR/VEGF: A new molecular cascade in retinal pericytes for the regulation of VEGF gene expressionMarialaura Amadio
Department of Experimental and Applied Pharmacology, Via Taramelli 14, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Pharmacol Res 57:60-6. 2008Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-induced new vessels formation is a key event in diabetic retinopathy, a severe progressive multistage pathology...
- Effect of local neutralization of basic fibroblast growth factor or vascular endothelial growth factor by a specific antibody on the development of the corpus luteum in the cowHiromichi Yamashita
Graduate School of Animal and Food Hygiene, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Japan
Mol Reprod Dev 75:1449-56. 2008..Basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) are known to stimulate angiogenesis and P synthesis in vitro...
- Induction of hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha gene expression by vascular endothelial growth factorJuan José P Deudero
Laboratorio de Nefrologia Hipertension, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz Capio, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 283:11435-44. 2008Transcriptional regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is critically dependent on hypoxia-inducible factor 1 (HIF-1). However, not only hypoxia, but selected growth factors can induce HIF-1...
- Differential regulation of VEGF signaling by PKC-alpha and PKC-epsilon in endothelial cellsChristian Rask-Madsen
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:919-24. 2008Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) stimulates proangiogenic signal transduction and cell function in part through activation of protein kinase C (PKC). Our aim was to examine how individual isoforms of PKC affect VEGF action.
- Vascular dynamics in relation to immunolocalisation of VEGF-A, VEGFR-2 and Ang-2 in the bovine corpus luteumHana Hünigen
Institute of Veterinary Anatomy, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Freie Universitat Berlin, Koserstr 20, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
Acta Histochem 110:462-72. 2008..of the bovine corpus luteum were investigated morphometrically in relation to immunolocalisation of vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGF-A), vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR-2) and angiopoietin 2 (Ang-2) in the ..
- DNA methylation changes in cell line from beta-lactoglobulin gene targeted fetusLi Lin
State Key Laboratory for Agrobiotechnology, China Agricultural University, Yuanmingyuan West Road 2, Beijing 100094, PR China
Anim Reprod Sci 112:402-8. 2009..We examined DNA methylation of six genes (beta-actin, VEGF, oct4, TERT, H19 and Igf2) and a repetitive sequence art2 in blg(+/-) cell line from beta-lactoglobulin (BLG) gene ..
- An ezrin/calpain/PI3K/AMPK/eNOSs1179 signaling cascade mediating VEGF-dependent endothelial nitric oxide productionJi Youn Youn
Division of Molecular Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Laboratories, Department of Anesthesiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Circ Res 104:50-9. 2009Calpain was recently reported to mediate vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-induced angiogenesis. In the present study, we investigated detailed molecular mechanisms...
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor is coordinately regulated by the activin-like kinase receptors 1 and 5 in endothelial cellsEsther S Shao
Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA
Blood 114:2197-206. 2009Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is tightly regulated to achieve normal angiogenesis. The objective was to examine regulation of VEGF by the activin-like kinase receptors (ALKs) ALK1 and ALK5...
- Phosphorylation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase by atypical PKC zeta contributes to angiopoietin-1-dependent inhibition of VEGF-induced endothelial permeability in vitroMalika Oubaha
Laboratory of Endothelial Cell Biology, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Blood 114:3343-51. 2009Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is a potent angiogenic cytokine that also increases vascular permeability...
- Expression of VEGF and its receptors in the bovine endometrium throughout the estrous cycle: effects of VEGF on prostaglandin production in endometrial cellsYukari Tasaki
Laboratory of Reproductive Endocrinology, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Okoyama, Japan
J Reprod Dev 56:223-9. 2010Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is a well known angiogenic factor that has been suggested to play some physiological roles in reproductive organs...
- Somatic cell nuclear transfer is associated with altered expression of angiogenic factor systems in bovine placentomes at termD B Campos
Departamento de Cirurgia, Setor de Anatomia, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 9:309-23. 2010..Placental growth and function depend on the growth of blood vessels; VEGF-A and bFGF are the most important factors controlling neovascularization and vascular permeability in the placenta...
- The polymorphisms of bovine VEGF gene and their associations with growth traits in Chinese cattleYonghong Pang
Shaanxi Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology for Agriculture, College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A and F University, 712100, Yangling, Shaanxi, China
Mol Biol Rep 38:755-9. 2011PCR-SSCP and DNA sequencing methods were employed to screen the genetic variation of VEGF gene in 671 individuals belonging to three Chinese indigenous cattle breeds including Nanyang, Jiaxian Red and Qinchuan...
- Shear stress and VEGF activate IKK via the Flk-1/Cbl/Akt signaling pathwayYingxiao Wang
Department of Bioengineering, The Whitaker Institute of Biomedical Engineering, University of California San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0427, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H685-92. 2004..the molecular mechanisms regulating the downstream IkappaB kinase (IKK) pathway in response to shear stress and VEGF. Both shear stress and VEGF induced a transient increase of IKK activity...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor: a new member of the platelet-derived growth factor gene familyE Tischer
California Biotechnology Inc, Mountain View 94043
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 165:1198-206. 1989..chain reaction (PCR) technique, cDNA clones have been isolated encoding bovine vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), a mitogen with specificity for vascular endothelial cells...
- Pituitary follicular cells secrete a novel heparin-binding growth factor specific for vascular endothelial cellsN Ferrara
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 161:851-8. 1989..Microsequencing reveals a unique N-terminal amino acid sequence. On the basis of its apparent target cell selectivity, we propose to name this factor vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF).
- Isolation and characterization of a vascular endothelial cell mitogen produced by pituitary-derived folliculo stellate cellsD Gospodarowicz
Cancer Research Institute, University of California Medical Center, San Francisco 94143
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:7311-5. 1989..The release of FSdGF by pituitary cells and its target cell specificity raise the possibility that FSdGF may play a role in angiogenesis...
- Placenta growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor B and C expression in microvascular endothelial cells and pericytes. Implication in autocrine and paracrine regulation of angiogenesisH Yonekura
Department of Biochemistry, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Kanazawa 920 8640, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:35172-8. 1999We have shown previously that vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) synthesized by the cellular constituents of small vessels per se, viz...
- Advanced glycation end products increase, through a protein kinase C-dependent pathway, vascular endothelial growth factor expression in retinal endothelial cells. Inhibitory effect of gliclazideJean Claude Mamputu
CHUM Research Centre, Notre Dame Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Diabetes Complications 16:284-93. 2002..retinopathy include protein kinase C (PKC) activation, oxidative stress, and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) expression...
- Deciphering vascular endothelial cell growth factor/vascular permeability factor signaling to vascular permeability. Inhibition by atrial natriuretic peptideAli Pedram
Division of Endocrinology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Long Beach, California 90822, USA
J Biol Chem 277:44385-98. 2002Vascular endothelial cell growth factor (VEGF) was originally described as a potent vascular permeability factor (VPF) that importantly contributes to vascular pathobiology...
- Mutations in the VEGF promoter and ALS in airline pilots: a link?Roger Pamphlett
J Occup Environ Med 44:987. 2002
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-dependent down-regulation of Flk-1/KDR involves Cbl-mediated ubiquitination. Consequences on nitric oxide production from endothelial cellsMartine Duval
Laboratory of Endothelial Cell Biology, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montreal IRCM, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:20091-7. 2003..The vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptor Flk-1/KDR is responsible for the VEGF-stimulated nitric oxide (NO) production from endothelial cells...
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase modulates vascular endothelial growth factor-mediated angiogenesisJane A Leopold
Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute and Evans Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 278:32100-6. 2003..G6PD or increased G6PD expression by adenoviral gene transfer, and we examined vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-stimulated endothelial cell proliferation, migration, and capillary-like tube formation...
- Up-regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor and down-regulation of pigment epithelium-derived factor messenger ribonucleic acid levels in leptin-exposed cultured retinal pericytesS Yamagishi
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Japan
Int J Tissue React 24:137-42. 2002..messenger ribonucleic acid levels of an endogenous angiogenic stimulator, vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)...
- The scaffolding adapter Gab1 mediates vascular endothelial growth factor signaling and is required for endothelial cell migration and capillary formationMélanie Laramée
Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Université de Montréal Institut du Cancer de Montréal and Département de Médecine de l Université de Montréal, Montreal, Quebec H2L 4M1, Canada
J Biol Chem 282:7758-69. 2007Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is involved in the promotion of endothelial cell proliferation, migration, and capillary formation...
- Tumor-induced endothelial cell activation: role of vascular endothelial growth factorM Angeles Castilla
Clínica de la Concepción, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Av Reyes Catolicos 2, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 286:C1170-6. 2004..Furthermore, MG63-CM and MG63-CM + CoCl(2), both containing high amounts of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), induced relevant phenotypic changes in EC (all P < 0...
- Matrix GLA protein stimulates VEGF expression through increased transforming growth factor-beta1 activity in endothelial cellsKRISTINA BOSTROM
Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Box 951679, Rm 47 123 CHS, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA
J Biol Chem 279:52904-13. 2004..increased proliferation, migration, tube formation, and increased release of vascular endothelial growth factor-A (VEGF-A) and basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF)...
- Expression of placenta growth factor is regulated by both VEGF and hyperglycaemia via VEGFR-2Bojun Zhao
Cell and Molecular Biology Unit, School of Optometry and Vision Sciences and Cardiff Institute of Tissue Engineering and Repair, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF10 3NB, UK
Microvasc Res 68:239-46. 2004..In this study, retinal microvascular endothelial cells and pericytes were exposed to varying concentrations of VEGF and glucose and PlGF expression measured by RT-PCR and Western blotting...
- VEGF increases paracellular transport without altering the solvent-drag reflection coefficientLucas DeMaio
Department of Biomedical Engineering, The City College of the City University of New York, New York, NY 10031, USA
Microvasc Res 68:295-302. 2004Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) increases microvascular permeability and has been implicated in the development of numerous pathologies including diabetic retinopathy (DR), hypoxia/ischemia, and tumor biology...
- Thrombospondin and vascular endothelial growth factor are cyclically expressed in an inverse pattern during bovine ovarian follicle developmentJames Greenaway
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
Biol Reprod 72:1071-8. 2005..the expression of the antiangiogenic thrombospondin family and proangiogenic vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in various sizes of healthy bovine follicles...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-A165-induced prostacyclin synthesis requires the activation of VEGF receptor-1 and -2 heterodimerPaul Eduard Neagoe
Research Center, Montreal Heart Institute, Department of Pharmacology, Universite de Montreal, 5000 Belanger St, Montreal, Quebec H1T 1C8, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:9904-12. 2005We previously reported that vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-A(165) inflammatory effect is mediated by acute platelet-activating factor synthesis from endothelial cells upon the activation of VEGF receptor-2 (VEGFR-2) and its ..
- Cyr61 mediates the expression of VEGF, alphav-integrin, and alpha-actin genes through cytoskeletally based mechanotransduction mechanisms in bladder smooth muscle cellsDongming Zhou
Dept of Anatomy and Cell Biology, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, 450 Clarkson Ave, Box 5, Brooklyn, NY 11203 2098, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 98:2344-54. 2005..Cyr61 expression with an adenoviral vector encoding an antisense oligonucleotide reduced mechanical strain-induced VEGF, alpha(v)-integrin, and SM alpha-actin gene expression but had no effect on the myosin heavy chain isoforms SM-1 ..
- Mechanisms of endothelial response to oxidative aggression: protective role of autologous VEGF and induction of VEGFR2 by H2O2Francisco R Gonzalez-Pacheco
Laboratorio de Nefrologia Hipertension, Instituto de Investigaciones Medicas, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Servicio de Immunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Av Reyes Catolicos 2, E 28040 Madrid, Spain
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H1395-401. 2006..We have addressed the hypothesis that vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and its receptors are relevant elements in this response...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor is a secreted angiogenic mitogenD W Leung
Department of Molecular Biology, Genetech, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Science 246:1306-9. 1989Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) was purified from media conditioned by bovine pituitary folliculostellate cells (FC)...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF MATRIX GLA PROTEINKRISTINA BOSTROM; Fiscal Year: 2004..Understanding the molecular mechanisms of MGP will provide information that is widely applicable to the development of vascular disease. ..