Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TGFBR1
Description: transforming growth factor beta receptor 1
Alias: TGF-beta receptor type-1, TGF-beta receptor type I, TGF-beta type I receptor, TGFR-1, tbetaR-I, transforming growth factor, beta receptor I (activin A receptor type II-like kinase, 53kDa), transforming growth factor-beta receptor type I
- ALK5 and ALK1 play antagonistic roles in transforming growth factor β-induced podosome formation in aortic endothelial cellsFilipa Curado
IECB and INSERM U1045, University of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Mol Cell Biol 34:4389-403. 2014..Thus, ALK1 possesses passive and active modalities. Altogether, our results reveal specific features of ALK1 and ALK5 signaling with potential clinical implications. ..
- Localization of TGF-β and TGF-β receptor in bovine term placentome and expression differences between spontaneous and induced parturitionHiroki Hirayama
Animal Biotechnology Group, Animal Research Center, Hokkaido Research Organization, Shintoku, Hokkaido 081 0038, Japan Electronic address
Placenta 36:1239-45. 2015....
- Increase in ALK1/ALK5 ratio as a cause for elevated MMP-13 expression in osteoarthritis in humans and miceEsmeralda N Blaney Davidson
Rheumatology Research and Advanced Therapeutics, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Immunol 182:7937-45. 2009..Our data suggest that dominant ALK1 signaling results in deviant chondrocyte behavior, thereby contributing to age-related cartilage destruction and OA...
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor is coordinately regulated by the activin-like kinase receptors 1 and 5 in endothelial cellsEsther S Shao
Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA
Blood 114:2197-206. 2009..Our results suggest that ALK1 and ALK5 are both essential for correct regulation of VEGF, and that disruption of either pathway leads to disease...
- Transforming growth factor-beta1 downregulates caveolin-1 expression and enhances sphingosine 1-phosphate signaling in cultured vascular endothelial cellsJunsuke Igarashi
Department of Cardiovascular, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, Kagawa, Japan
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 297:C1263-74. 2009....
- Regulation of endothelial barrier function by TGF-β type I receptor ALK5: potential role of contractile mechanisms and heat shock protein 90Alexander S Antonov
Vascular Biology Center, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Cell Physiol 227:759-71. 2012..We hypothesize that specific translocation of ubiquitinated ALK5 receptor into the cytoskeleton compartment due to its lack of degradation is the mechanism that causes the divergence of caALK1 and caALK5 signaling...
- Molecular cloning, genetic mapping, and developmental expression of a bovine transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta) type I receptorB A Roelen
Hubrecht Laboratory, Netherlands Institute for Developmental Biology, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Reprod Dev 49:1-9. 1998..Genetic mapping assigned the TGFBR1 gene to bovine chromosome 8 at a male genetic distance of 2 centimorgan from D8S28...
- GM-CSF increases airway smooth muscle cell connective tissue expression by inducing TGF-beta receptorsGang Chen
Department of Medicine, Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 3Z6, Canada
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 284:L548-56. 2003..In conclusion, GM-CSF increases the responsiveness of ASMC to TGF-beta1-mediated connective tissue expression by induction of TbetaRs, which is inhibited by corticosteroids...
- ALK5 and Smad4 are involved in TGF-beta1-induced pulmonary endothelial permeabilityAnna A Birukova
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
FEBS Lett 579:4031-7. 2005..Thus, our data demonstrate for the first time direct link between TGF-beta1-mediated activation of ALK5/Smad and EC barrier dysfunction...
- Cholesterol modulates cellular TGF-beta responsiveness by altering TGF-beta binding to TGF-beta receptorsChun Lin Chen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
J Cell Physiol 215:223-33. 2008..These results indicate that high plasma cholesterol levels may contribute to the pathogenesis of certain diseases (e.g., atherosclerosis) by suppressing TGF-beta responsiveness...
- Transforming growth factor-beta1 protects against pulmonary artery endothelial cell apoptosis via ALK5Qing Lu
Vascular Research Laboratory, Providence Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Providence, Rhode Island 02908, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 295:L123-33. 2008..Understanding the mechanism by which TGF-beta1 promotes endothelial cell survival may provide a better treatment for apoptosis-dependent vascular diseases, such as emphysema...