Gene Symbol: FABP4
Description: fatty acid binding protein 4, adipocyte
Alias: fatty acid-binding protein, adipocyte, A-FABP, AFABP, ALBP, adipocyte lipid-binding protein, adipocyte-type fatty acid-binding protein
- The bovine fatty acid binding protein 4 gene is significantly associated with marbling and subcutaneous fat depth in Wagyu x Limousin F2 crossesJ J Michal
Department of Animal Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6351, USA
Anim Genet 37:400-2. 2006Fatty acid binding protein 4 (FABP4), which is expressed in adipose tissue, interacts with peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors and binds to hormone-sensitive lipase and therefore, plays an important role in lipid metabolism and ..
- Identification of genetic polymorphisms in FABP3 and FABP4 and putative association with back fat thickness in Korean native cattleSeoae Cho
Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics, Interdisciplinary Program in Bioinformatics, Department of Statistics, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
BMB Rep 41:29-34. 2008..single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) in the beef cattle adipocyte fatty-acid binding protein 3 and 4 (FABP3 and FABP4) genes are associated with carcass weight (CW) and back fat thickness (BF) of beef cattle...
- Adenovirus-mediated interference of FABP4 regulates mRNA expression of ADIPOQ, LEP and LEPR in bovine adipocytesS Wei
College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi, P R China
Genet Mol Res 12:494-505. 2013Fatty acid binding protein 4 (FABP4) is an important adipocyte gene, with roles in fatty acid transport and fat deposition in animals as well as human metabolic syndrome...
- Overexpression of the A-FABP gene facilitates intermuscular fat deposition in transgenic miceZ W Liu
College of Animal Science and Animal Medicine, Tianjin Agricultural University, Tianjin, China
Genet Mol Res 14:2742-9. 2015..In addition, triglycerides were remarkably higher in the skeletal muscle but lower in the myocardium of transgenic mice. Thus, overexpression of cattle A-FABP gene promoted fat deposition in the skeletal muscle of transgenic mice. ..
- Variation in the bovine FABP4 gene affects milk yield and milk protein content in dairy cowsH Zhou
Department of Agricultural Science, Faculty of Agricultural and Life Sciences, Lincoln University, Lincoln 7647, New Zealand
Sci Rep 5:10023. 2015..Of the known bovine FABP genes, FABP4 has been mapped to a region on chromosome 14 that contains quantitative trait loci for milk traits...
- Subcellular Localization and Polymorphism of Bovine FABP4 in Bovine Intramuscular AdipocytesShinichi Yonekura
a Department of Interdisciplinary Genome Sciences and Cell Metabolism, Institute for Biomedical Sciences, Interdisciplinary Cluster for Cutting Edge Research ICCER, Shinshu University, Nagano, Japan
Anim Biotechnol 27:96-103. 2016Fatty acid binding protein 4 (FABP4) I74 V, a gene polymorphism associated with unsaturated fatty acid contents, was discovered in Japanese Black cattle...
- Mammary derived growth inhibitor is not a distinct protein but a mix of heart-type and adipocyte-type fatty acid-binding proteinB Specht
Department of Biochemistry, University of Munster, D 48149 Munster, Germany
J Biol Chem 271:19943-9. 1996..Taking into account that deviations of the MDGI sequence from the bovine H-FABP sequence correspond with A-FABP we attribute the structure originally reported as MDGI to a mix of these proteins...
- Association between fatty acid compositions and genotypes of FABP4 and LXR-alpha in Japanese black cattleShogo Hoashi
Laboratory of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Kobe University, Nada, Kobe, Japan
BMC Genet 9:84. 2008..study, we examined the association between polymorphisms of six genes, adipocytes-type fatty acid binding protein (FABP4), liver X receptor alpha (LXRalpha), cytochrome b5 (Cyt b5), long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase (ACSL) 1, ACSL4 and ..
- A splice site single nucleotide polymorphism of the fatty acid binding protein 4 gene appears to be associated with intramuscular fat deposition in longissimus muscle in Australian cattleW Barendse
Cooperative Research Centre for Beef Genetic Technologies, CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, St Lucia 4067, Australia
Anim Genet 40:770-3. 2009Fatty acid binding protein 4 (FABP4) is a candidate gene affecting fatness traits of mammals. However, its association with fatness traits in cattle and other livestock species is not consistent from one study to another...
- Genetic polymorphisms of the bovine fatty acid binding protein 4 gene are significantly associated with marbling and carcass weight in Hanwoo (Korean Cattle)S H Lee
Animal Genome and Bioinformatics Division, National Institute of Animal Science, RDA, Suwon 441 701, Korea
Anim Genet 41:442-4. 2010The objective of this study was to investigate an association between polymorphisms in the FABP4 gene and phenotypic variation for marbling and carcass weight (CWT) in a population of Hanwoo steers. We re-sequenced 4...
- Association analysis of single nucleotide polymorphisms in DGAT1, TG and FABP4 genes and intramuscular fat in crossbred Bos taurus cattleL Pannier
Teagasc, Ashtown Food Research Centre, Ashtown, Dublin 15, Ireland
Meat Sci 85:515-8. 2010..in the diacylglycerol-O-acyltransferase1 (DGAT1), thyroglobulin (TG) and adipose fatty acid binding protein (FABP4) genes are associated with intramuscular fat (IMF) levels or marbling scores in beef...
- Effect of DNA polymorphisms related to fatty acid composition in adipose tissue of Holstein cattleTakahiro Narukami
Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Kobe University, Nada, Japan
Anim Sci J 82:406-11. 2011..alpha (LXR), stearoyl-CoA desaturase (SCD), Fatty acid synthase (FASN), and Fatty acid binding protein 4 (FABP4) on fatty acid composition in intramuscular fat tissue of Holstein steers. The major allele frequencies were 0...