Genomes and Genes
endothelial nitric oxide synthase
Gene Symbol: endothelial nitric oxide synthase
Description: nitric oxide synthase 3
Alias: nitric oxide synthase, endothelial, EC-NOS, NOS type III, NOSIII, cNOS, constitutive NOS, eNOS, endothelial NOS, endothelial nitric oxide synthase, nitric oxide synthase 3 (endothelial cell)
Publications101 found, 100 shown here
- Long-term up-regulation of eNOS and improvement of endothelial function by inhibition of the ubiquitin-proteasome pathwayVerena Stangl
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Kardiologie, Angiologie, Pneumologie, Humboldt Universitat Berlin, Charite, Campus Mitte, Schumannstr 20 21, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
FASEB J 18:272-9. 2004..b>Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) is the key enzyme of vascular homeostasis involved in the pathophysiology of several ..
- Nitric oxide synthase generates nitric oxide locally to regulate compartmentalized protein S-nitrosylation and protein traffickingYasuko Iwakiri
Section of Digestive Diseases, Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:19777-82. 2006..b>Endothelial NOS (eNOS) is localized mainly on the Golgi apparatus and in plasma membrane caveolae...
- Hepatocyte growth factor activates endothelial nitric oxide synthase by Ca(2+)- and phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt-dependent phosphorylation in aortic endothelial cellsKennedy Makondo
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0818, Japan
Biochem J 374:63-9. 2003Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) causes endothelium-dependent vasodilation, but its relation to endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) activity remains to be elucidated...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha reduces argininosuccinate synthase expression and nitric oxide production in aortic endothelial cellsBonnie L Goodwin
Department of Molecular Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine, MDC Box 7, 12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H1115-21. 2007..Cellular NO production depends absolutely on the availability of arginine, substrate of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS)...
- Statin treatment and 3' polyadenylation of eNOS mRNAIoanna Kosmidou
Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, 1639 Pierce Dr, WMB 319, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:2642-9. 2007Statins have been shown to increase endothelial nitric oxide synthase expression via enhanced mRNA stability...
- Phosphorylation within an autoinhibitory domain in endothelial nitric oxide synthase reduces the Ca(2+) concentrations required for calmodulin to bind and activate the enzymeQuang Kim Tran
Division of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri 64110 2499, USA
Biochemistry 47:7557-66. 2008..phosphorylation at Ser-617 and Ser-635 within an autoinhibitory domain (residues 595-639) in bovine endothelial nitric oxide synthase on enzyme activity and the Ca (2+) dependencies for calmodulin binding and enzyme activation...
- Effects of combined phosphorylation at Ser-617 and Ser-1179 in endothelial nitric-oxide synthase on EC50(Ca2+) values for calmodulin binding and enzyme activationQuang Kim Tran
Division of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri 64110 2499, USA
J Biol Chem 284:11892-9. 2009..Changes in the biochemical properties of eNOS produced by combined phosphorylation at Ser-617 and Ser-1179 are predicted to substantially increase synthase ..
- Hyperthermia-induced Hsp90·eNOS preserves mitochondrial respiration in hyperglycemic endothelial cells by down-regulating Glut-1 and up-regulating G6PD activityTennille Presley
Biophysics Program, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 285:38194-203. 2010..19 ± 1.01 mm Hg/min/10 × 10(6) cells). Heat shock was found to enhance Hsp90/endothelial NOS interactions and produce higher NO...
- β Common receptor integrates the erythropoietin signaling in activation of endothelial nitric oxide synthaseKuo Hui Su
Department of Physiology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 226:3330-9. 2011..We investigated the role of βCR in EPO-induced endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) activation in bovine aortic ECs (BAECs) and the molecular mechanisms involved...
- Immunohistochemical expression of nitric oxide synthase enzymes (iNOS, eNOS, nNOS) in the estrual and luteal phases of the sexual cycle in the cow oviductA Ozen
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Ankara, Ankara, Turkey
Anat Histol Embryol 42:384-93. 2013..In the epithelial cells of the isthmus, endothelial NOS (eNOS) expression showed a strong positive reaction during the estrual phase and a weak positive reaction ..
- Activation of transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 decreases endothelial nitric oxide synthase phosphorylation at Thr497 by protein phosphatase 2B-dependent dephosphorylation of protein kinase CL C Ching
Department of Physiology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 209:124-35. 2013..potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1), a calcium (Ca(2+) )-permeable non-selective cation channel, on phosphorylation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) at threonine 497 (Thr497) in bovine aortic endothelial cells (BAECs) and in mice.
- ox-LDL downregulates eNOS activity via LOX-1-mediated endoplasmic reticulum stressJie Zhou
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430030, P R China
Int J Mol Med 32:1442-50. 2013..in order to induce endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress and to investigate the regulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS)...
- Deciphering the binding of caveolin-1 to client protein endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS): scaffolding subdomain identification, interaction modeling, and biological significanceAndy E Trane
From the St Paul s Hospital s Centre of Heart and Lung Innovation
J Biol Chem 289:13273-83. 2014..Recent evidence suggests that blunted Cav-1/endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) interaction, which occurs specifically in vascular endothelial cells, is responsible for the multiple phenotypes ..
- Nitric oxide synthase activity is critical for the preovulatory epidermal growth factor-like cascade induced by luteinizing hormone in bovine granulosa cellsGustavo Zamberlam
Centre de Recherche en Reproduction Animale, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Montreal, St Hyacinthe, QC J2S 7C6, Canada
Free Radic Biol Med 74:237-44. 2014..Time- and dose-response experiments demonstrated that LH had a significant stimulatory effect on endothelial NOS (NOS3) mRNA abundance, but in a prostaglandin-dependent manner...
- Holoenzyme structures of endothelial nitric oxide synthase - an allosteric role for calmodulin in pivoting the FMN domain for electron transferNiels Volkmann
Bioinformatics and Systems Biology Program, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92075, USA Electronic address
J Struct Biol 188:46-54. 2014..Application of electron cryo-microscopy and structural modeling of the bovine endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) holoenzyme produced detailed models of the intact holoenzyme in the presence and absence of ..
- Resveratrol ameliorates high glucose and high-fat/sucrose diet-induced vascular hyperpermeability involving Cav-1/eNOS regulationXiao Lin Peng
Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, PR China Nanshan Centre for Chronic Disease Control, Shenzhen, PR China
PLoS ONE 9:e113716. 2014..effects of Res on amelioration of endothelial hyperpermeability and the role of caveolin-1 (Cav-1)/endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) pathway...
- Polyphenol-enriched diet prevents coronary endothelial dysfunction by activating the Akt/eNOS pathwayGemma Vilahur
Centro de Investigacion Cardiovascular, CSIC ICCC, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, IIB Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed) 68:216-25. 2015..We investigated whether supplementation with a pomegranate extract rich in polyphenols renders beneficial effects on coronary function in a clinically relevant experimental model and characterized the underlying mechanisms...
- Activation of eNOS in endothelial cells exposed to ionizing radiation involves components of the DNA damage response pathwayMasaki Nagane
Laboratory of Radiation Biology, Department of Environmental Veterinary Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0818, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 456:541-6. 2015..the involvement of ataxia telangiectasia mutated (ATM) kinase and heat shock protein 90 (HSP90) in endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) activation was investigated in X-irradiated bovine aortic endothelial cells...
- Impact of eNOS-Dependent Oxidative Stress on Endothelial Function and Neointima FormationTatsiana Suvorava
1 Institute for Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Antioxid Redox Signal 23:711-23. 2015Vascular oxidative stress generated by endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) was observed in experimental and clinical cardiovascular disease, but its relative importance for vascular pathologies is unclear...
- Fluorescence quenching studies of structure and dynamics in calmodulin-eNOS complexesDavid C Arnett
Department of Chemistry, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA Department of Chemistry, Northwestern College, Orange City, IA 51041, USA
FEBS Lett 589:1173-8. 2015Activation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) by calmodulin (CaM) facilitates formation of a sequence of conformational states that is not well understood...
- The Characteristics and Regulatory Mechanisms of Superoxide Generation from eNOS Reductase DomainHu Peng
Department of Emergency Medicine, Shanghai Tenth People s Hospital, Tongji University, Shanghai, China Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, Sleep and Allergy, Department of Medicine, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0140365. 2015..Cysteine S-glutathionylation in eNOS reductase domain also induces O2.- generation from eNOS reductase domain...
- G protein-dependent activation of smooth muscle eNOS via natriuretic peptide clearance receptorK S Murthy
Departments of Physiology and Medicine, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0711, USA
Am J Physiol 275:C1409-16. 1998..via Gs to adenylyl cyclase and with distinct receptors coupled via Gi1 and/or Gi2 to a smooth muscle endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS)...
- Intraprotein electron transfer between the FMN and heme domains in endothelial nitric oxide synthase holoenzymeChangjian Feng
College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1814:1997-2002. 2011..J. Feng, G. Tollin, Dalton Trans., (2009) 6692-6700]. Here we report the kinetics of the IET in a bovine endothelial NOS (eNOS) holoenzyme in the presence and absence of added calmodulin (CaM)...
- c-Jun N-terminal kinase 2 phosphorylates endothelial nitric oxide synthase at serine 116 and regulates nitric oxide productionJung Hyun Park
Department of Molecular Medicine and Ewha Medical Research Institute, Ewha Womans University Medical School, Seoul, South Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 417:340-5. 2012..decreased nitric oxide (NO) production via decreased phosphorylation of endothelial NO synthase at serine 1179 (eNOS-Ser(1179)) was reported to be partly involved in JNK2-derived endothelial dysfunction, JNK2 seems likely to be ..
- Proteomic identification of S-nitrosylated Golgi proteins: new insights into endothelial cell regulation by eNOS-derived NOPanjamaporn Sangwung
Section of Digestive Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e31564. 2012b>Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) is primarily localized on the Golgi apparatus and plasma membrane caveolae in endothelial cells...
- Protein kinase Cα phosphorylates a novel argininosuccinate synthase site at serine 328 during calcium-dependent stimulation of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase in vascular endothelial cellsRicci J Haines
Department of Molecular Medicine, Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Biol Chem 287:26168-76. 2012Endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) utilizes l-arginine as its principal substrate, converting it to l-citrulline and nitric oxide (NO)...
- Placental expression and localization of endothelin-1 system and nitric oxide synthases during bovine pregnancyKen Go Hayashi
Animal Physiology Research Unit, Division of Animal Science, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Japan
Anim Reprod Sci 134:150-7. 2012..enzyme, EDNRA and EDNRB; receptor subtypes A and B) and endothelial and inducible nitric oxide synthases (eNOS and iNOS) in the bovine utero-placental unit during pregnancy...
- Calmodulin-induced structural changes in endothelial nitric oxide synthaseAnthony Persechini
Division of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry and Division of Cell Biology and Biophysics, University of Missouri at Kansas City, 5007 Rockhill Rd, Kansas City, MO 64110 2499, USA
FEBS Lett 587:297-301. 2013We have derived structures of intact calmodulin (CaM)-free and CaM-bound endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) by reconstruction from cryo-electron micrographs...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of the constitutive bovine aortic endothelial cell nitric oxide synthaseK Nishida
Cardiology Division, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322
J Clin Invest 90:2092-6. 1992..The unique features of the endothelial cell NO synthase, particularly in the amino terminal portion of the molecule, may provide for novel regulatory influences of enzyme activity and localization...
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase. N-terminal myristoylation determines subcellular localizationL Busconi
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Biol Chem 268:8410-3. 1993..N-terminal myristoylation of the endothelial NO synthase may provide a potential point of regulation of the biological functions of endothelium-derived NO in situ...
- Mutagenesis of palmitoylation sites in endothelial nitric oxide synthase identifies a novel motif for dual acylation and subcellular targetingL J Robinson
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:11776-80. 1995The endothelial nitric oxide synthase (ec-NOS) plays a key role in the transduction of signals from the bloodstream to the underlying smooth muscle...
- Crystal structure of constitutive endothelial nitric oxide synthase: a paradigm for pterin function involving a novel metal centerC S Raman
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California, Irvine 92697 3900, USA
Cell 95:939-50. 1998..Here, we report the crystal structure of the heme domain of endothelial NOS in tetrahydrobiopterin (H4B)-free and -bound forms at 1.95 A and 1.9 A resolution, respectively...
- Activation of the endothelial nitric-oxide synthase by tumor necrosis factor-alpha. A novel feedback mechanism regulating cell deathS Bulotta
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Catanzaro Magna Graecia, 88021 Roccelletta di Borgia, Italy
J Biol Chem 276:6529-36. 2001..Our results identify a novel mechanism of regulation of a signal transduction pathway activated by death receptors and suggest that NO may constitute a built-in mechanism by which TNF-alpha controls its own apoptotic program...
- Crystallographic studies on endothelial nitric oxide synthase complexed with nitric oxide and mechanism-based inhibitorsH Li
Departments of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry and Physiology and Biophysics and Program in Macromolecular Structure, University of California, Irvine 92697 3900, USA
Biochemistry 40:5399-406. 2001The crystal structure of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase (NOS) heme domain complexed with NO reveals close hydrogen bonding interactions between NO and the terminal guanidino nitrogen of the substrate, L-arginine...
- Structural basis for pterin antagonism in nitric-oxide synthase. Development of novel 4-oxo-pteridine antagonists of (6R)-5,6,7,8-tetrahydrobiopterinP Kotsonis
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Julius Maximilians University, Versbacher Strasse 9, Würzburg 97078, Germany
J Biol Chem 276:49133-41. 2001..4-oxo compounds and, for comparisons an active 4-amino derivative, were then co-crystallized with the endothelial NOS (NOS-III) oxygenase domain and this structure solved to confirm the hypothetical binding modes...
- The proline-rich domain of dynamin-2 is responsible for dynamin-dependent in vitro potentiation of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase activity via selective effects on reductase domain functionSheng Cao
Gastrointestinal Research Unit and Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Biol Chem 278:5894-901. 2003..dyn-2) binds and positively regulates the nitric oxide-generating enzyme, endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) (Cao, S., Yao, Y., McCabe, T., Yao, Q., Katusic, Z., Sessa, W., and Shah, V. (2001) J. Biol. Chem...
- Site-specific dephosphorylation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase by protein phosphatase 2A: evidence for crosstalk between phosphorylation sitesDaniel M Greif
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Biochemistry 41:15845-53. 2002The endothelial isoform of nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) is a calcium/calmodulin-dependent enzyme that catalyzes the synthesis of nitric oxide, a key mediator of vascular homeostasis...
- Mitochondrial biogenesis in mammals: the role of endogenous nitric oxideEnzo Nisoli
Department of Preclinical Sciences, Center for Study and Research on Obesity, Luigi Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Milan 20157, Italy
Science 299:896-9. 2003..mitochondrial biogenesis induced by exposure to cold was markedly reduced in brown adipose tissue of endothelial nitric oxide synthase null-mutant (eNOS-/-) mice, which had a reduced metabolic rate and accelerated weight gain as ..
- Compensatory phosphorylation and protein-protein interactions revealed by loss of function and gain of function mutants of multiple serine phosphorylation sites in endothelial nitric-oxide synthasePhilip M Bauer
Department of Pharmacology and Vascular Cell Signaling and Therapeutics Program, Boyer Center for Molecular Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06536, USA
J Biol Chem 278:14841-9. 2003We examined the influence of individual serine phosphorylation sites in endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) on basal and stimulated NO release, cooperative phosphorylation, and co-association with hsp90 and Akt...
- Novel complexes of guanylate cyclase with heat shock protein 90 and nitric oxide synthaseRichard C Venema
Vascular Biology Center, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912 2500, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 285:H669-78. 2003..is an important downstream intracellular target of nitric oxide (NO) that is produced by endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) and inducible NO synthase (iNOS)...
- Regulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase by protein kinase CMamoru Matsubara
Division of Biomedical Polymer Science, Institute for Comprehensive Medical Science, Fujita Health University, Toyoake, Aichi 470 1192
J Biochem 133:773-81. 2003b>Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) is a key enzyme in nitric oxide-mediated signal transduction in mammalian cells...
- Phosphorylation of threonine 497 in endothelial nitric-oxide synthase coordinates the coupling of L-arginine metabolism to efficient nitric oxide productionMichelle I Lin
Department of Pharmacology and Program in Vascular Cell Signaling and Therapeutics, Boyer Center for Molecular Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06536, USA
J Biol Chem 278:44719-26. 2003There is evidence that endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) is regulated by reciprocal dephosphorylation of Thr497 and phosphorylation of Ser1179...
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase overexpression attenuates myocardial reperfusion injurySteven P Jones
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, LSU Health Sciences Center, 1501 Kings Highway, Shreveport, LA 71130, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H276-82. 2004Previous studies indicate that deficiency of endothelial nitric oxide (NO) synthase (eNOS)-derived NO exacerbates myocardial reperfusion injury...
- Receptor-regulated dynamic interaction between endothelial nitric oxide synthase and calmodulin revealed by fluorescence resonance energy transfer in living cellsCharles M Jobin
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Biochemistry 42:11716-25. 2003The endothelial isoform of nitric oxide synthase (eNOS), a key regulator of vascular tone, is activated in endothelial cells by diverse Ca(2+)-mobilizing agonists, including vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)...
- Globular adiponectin upregulates nitric oxide production in vascular endothelial cellsY Hattori
Departments of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Mibu, Tochigi, Japan
Diabetologia 46:1543-9. 2003..It is known that knockout mice lacking endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) develop hypertension, insulin resistance, hyperlipidaemia, and show augmented ischaemia-reperfusion damage...
- Angiogenesis induced by endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene through vascular endothelial growth factor expression in a rat hindlimb ischemia modelTsunetatsu Namba
Division of Clinical Gene Therapy, Osaka University Medical School, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita 565 0871, Osaka, Japan
Circulation 108:2250-7. 2003..the mechanism of the angiogenic property of nitric oxide (NO) was not fully understood in vivo, we focused on the role of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in angiogenesis induced by endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) gene transfer.
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha inhibits endothelial nitric-oxide synthase gene promoter activity in bovine aortic endothelial cellsHope D I Anderson
Diabetes Center and Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0540, USA
J Biol Chem 279:963-9. 2004Tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) has been shown to reduce endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) gene expression through post-transcriptional regulation of mRNA stability...
- Endothelial NO synthase phosphorylated at SER635 produces NO without requiring intracellular calcium increaseYong Chool Boo
Wallace H Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology and Emory University, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 35:729-41. 2003..We have shown that exposure of bovine aortic endothelial cells (BAEC) to shear stress stimulates phosphorylation of eNOS at S635 and S1179 by the protein kinase A- (PKA-) dependent mechanisms...
- Thermodynamics of oxidation-reduction reactions in mammalian nitric-oxide synthase isoformsYing Tong Gao
Biology Department, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York 12180, USA
J Biol Chem 279:18759-66. 2004..Ca(2+)/calmodulin has no effect on the potentials of any of the couples in endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) or neuronal nitric-oxide synthase (nNOS)...
- S-nitrosylation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase is associated with monomerization and decreased enzyme activityKandasam Ravi
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611 3008, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:2619-24. 2004b>Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) is active only as a homodimer. Recent data has demonstrated that exogenous NO can act as an inhibitor of eNOS activity both in intact animals and vascular endothelial cells...
- Evidence of two distinct oxygen complexes of reduced endothelial nitric oxide synthaseStephane Marchal
INSERM U431, Département Biologie Santé, Universite Montpellier II, IFR 122, Place Eugene Bataillon, 34095 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
J Biol Chem 279:19824-31. 2004Oxygen binding to the oxygenase domain of reduced endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) results in two distinct species differing in their Soret and visible absorbance maxima and in their capacity to exchange oxygen by CO...
- Oscillatory shear stress upregulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase requires intracellular hydrogen peroxide and CaMKIIHua Cai
Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, The University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, MC 6088, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 37:121-5. 2004We have previously shown that hydrogen peroxide (H(2)O(2)) upregulates endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) expression via a calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II (CaMKII)-mediated mechanism whereas it also acutely activates ..
- Cyclosporin A inhibits flow-mediated activation of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase by altering cholesterol content in caveolaeAndreea O Lungu
Department of Medicine and Center for Cardiovascular Research, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Aab Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 279:48794-800. 2004..Nitric oxide (NO) produced by endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) plays an essential role in regulation of vascular function and structure by blood flow...
- Retinoic acid decreases nitric oxide production in endothelial cells: a role of phosphorylation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase at Ser(1179)Du Hyong Cho
Department of Biomedical Sciences, National Institute of Health, 5 Nokbun dong, Eunpyung Gu, Seoul 122 701, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 326:703-10. 2005..has never been studied whether these effects are mediated by direct modulation of phosphorylation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS)...
- Dissecting the molecular control of endothelial NO synthase by caveolin-1 using cell-permeable peptidesPascal N Bernatchez
Department of Pharmacology and Program in Vascular Cell Signaling and Therapeutics, Boyer Center for Molecular Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06536, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:761-6. 2005In endothelia, NO is synthesized by endothelial NO synthase (eNOS), which is negatively regulated by caveolin-1 (Cav-1), the primary coat protein of caveolae...
- Flow shear stress stimulates Gab1 tyrosine phosphorylation to mediate protein kinase B and endothelial nitric-oxide synthase activation in endothelial cellsZheng Gen Jin
Center for Cardiovascular Research and Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 280:12305-9. 2005..that flow activated the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K), Akt, and endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) via Src kinase-dependent transactivation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2)...
- Overexpression of endothelial nitric oxide synthase in transgenic mice accelerates testicular germ cell apoptosis induced by experimental cryptorchidismTomomoto Ishikawa
Center for Biomedical Research, The Population Council, 1230 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Androl 26:281-8. 2005..The objective of this study was to investigate whether overexpression of endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) could accelerate apoptosis of germ cells in the testes of transgenic mice...
- Interaction of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase with the CAT-1 arginine transporter enhances NO release by a mechanism not involving arginine transportChunying Li
Vascular Biology Center, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Biochem J 386:567-74. 2005eNOS (endothelial nitric oxide synthase) catalyses the conversion of L-arginine into L-citrulline and NO...
- Direct interaction between the reductase domain of endothelial nitric oxide synthase and the ryanodine receptorMónica Martínez-Moreno
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad CC Químicas, Universidad Complutense, 28040 Madrid, Spain
FEBS Lett 579:3159-63. 2005We have performed the recombinant expression and purification of the reductase domain of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) and used it as a bait in search for interacting proteins present in endothelial cells...
- Differences in eNOS activity because of subcellular localization are dictated by phosphorylation state rather than the local calcium environmentJarrod E Church
Vascular Biology Center and the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Biol Chem 281:1477-88. 2006Nitric oxide (NO) produced in the endothelium via the enzyme endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) is an important vasoactive compound...
- Quercetin inhibits eNOS, microtubule polymerization, and mitotic progression in bovine aortic endothelial cellsSteven J T Jackson
Medical College of Georgia, Vascular Biology Center, CB 3207, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
J Nutr 136:1178-84. 2006..the first evidence that QRN inhibits angiogenesis via a mechanism involving both suppression of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) and early M-phase cell cycle arrest...
- Mechanisms of activation of eNOS by 20-HETE and VEGF in bovine pulmonary artery endothelial cellsYuenmu Chen
Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, Department of Medicine, Division of Pediatric Surgery and Childrens Research Institute, Cardiovascular Center Medical College of Wisconsin, 53226, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 291:L378-85. 2006..dilation of bovine pulmonary arteries is associated with activation of cytochrome P-450 family 4 (CYP4) enzymes and eNOS. We hypothesized that VEGF and the CYP4 product 20-HETE would trigger common downstream pathways of intracellular ..
- Proteasome inhibition down-regulates endothelial nitric-oxide synthase phosphorylation and functionQin Wei
Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 281:21652-9. 2006Endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) function is fundamentally modulated by protein phosphorylation...
- Adenoviral-mediated gene transfer of nitric oxide synthase isoforms and vascular cell proliferationRonan Cooney
Regenerative Medicine Institute REMEDI, National Centre for Biomedical Engineering Sciences NCBES, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
J Vasc Res 43:462-72. 2006..The aim of our study was to compare the effects of adenoviral-mediated overexpression of the most commonly used NOS isoforms eNOS and iNOS on vascular cell proliferation.
- Nitric oxide activates TRP channels by cysteine S-nitrosylationTakashi Yoshida
Department of Synthetic Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Kyoto 615 8510, Japan
Nat Chem Biol 2:596-607. 2006..These findings reveal the structural motif for the NO-sensitive activation gate in TRP channels and indicate that NO sensors are a new functional category of cellular receptors extending over different TRP families...
- Aberrant cytoplasmic sequestration of eNOS in endothelial cells after monocrotaline, hypoxia, and senescence: live-cell caveolar and cytoplasmic NO imagingSomshuvra Mukhopadhyay
Dept of Cell Biology and Anatomy, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H1373-89. 2007..this trafficking block affects subcellular localization and function of endothelial nitric oxide (NO) synthase (eNOS) and 2) whether Golgi blockade and eNOS sequestration are observed after hypoxia and senescence...
- Angiotensin II type 2 receptor-dependent increases in nitric oxide synthase expression in the pulmonary endothelium is mediated via a G alpha i3/Ras/Raf/MAPK pathwayJianyu Li
Dept of Biochemistry, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C2185-96. 2007..ANG II-dependent activation of MAPK and the increase in endothelial NOS (eNOS) were prevented when PAECs were transfected with Ras DN cDNA or treated with FTI-277, a farnesyl ..
- Elevated glucose attenuates agonist- and flow-stimulated endothelial nitric oxide synthase activity in microvascular retinal endothelial cellsPaul Connell
Vascular Health Research Centre, Faculty of Science and Health, Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland
Endothelium 14:17-24. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine the effect of hyperglycemia on the expression of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) and the release of nitric oxide (NO) in bovine microvascular retinal endothelial cells (BRECs)..
- Rho-kinase phosphorylates eNOS at threonine 495 in endothelial cellsMasayuki Sugimoto
Department of Vascular Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya University, 65 Tsurumai, Showa Ku, Nagoya, Aichi 466 8550, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 361:462-7. 2007b>Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) produces nitric oxide (NO), which is involved in various physiological functions of the cardiovascular system. eNOS is activated by dephosphorylation at Thr495 and phosphorylation at Ser1177...
- Epinephrine regulation of the endothelial nitric-oxide synthase: roles of RAC1 and beta3-adrenergic receptors in endothelial NO signalingRuqin Kou
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 282:32719-29. 2007..but the mechanisms whereby adrenergic pathways regulate the endothelial isoform of nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) are incompletely understood...
- Activation of protease calpain by oxidized and glycated LDL increases the degradation of endothelial nitric oxide synthaseYunzhou Dong
Harold Hamm Oklahoma Diabetes Center, Department of Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Cell Mol Med 13:2899-910. 2009..present study was conducted to determine the effects of 'heavily oxidized' glycated LDL (HOG-LDL) on endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) function...
- Functional role of HSP90 complexes with endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) and calpain on nitric oxide generation in endothelial cellsMonica Averna
Department of Experimental Medicine DIMES, Biochemistry Section, and Centre of Excellence for Biomedical Research, University of Genoa, Viale Benedetto XV, 1 16132 Genoa, Italy
J Biol Chem 283:29069-76. 2008Although several reports have indicated that eNOS is a highly sensitive calpain substrate, the occurrence of a concomitant Ca(2+)-dependent activation of the synthase and of the protease has never been analyzed in specific direct ..
- Internalization of eNOS via caveolae regulates PAF-induced inflammatory hyperpermeability to macromoleculesFabiola A Sánchez
Program in Vascular Biology, Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 295:H1642-8. 2008Endothelial nitric oxide (NO) synthase (eNOS) is thought to regulate microvascular permeability via NO production...
- Activation of Hsp90-eNOS and increased NO generation attenuate respiration of hypoxia-treated endothelial cellsTennille Presley
Rm 392, Biomedical Research Tower, Ohio State Univ, 420 West 12th Ave, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 295:C1281-91. 2008..respiration by a mechanism involving heat shock protein 90 (Hsp90) and endothelial nitric oxide (NO) synthase (eNOS), so that the cells are conditioned to consume less oxygen and survive in prolonged hypoxic conditions...
- SDF-1alpha stimulates JNK3 activity via eNOS-dependent nitrosylation of MKP7 to enhance endothelial migrationXinchun Pi
Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center and Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:5675-80. 2009..we describe the identification of an intricate SDF-1alpha-induced signaling cascade that involves endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS), JNK3, and MAPK phosphatase 7 (MKP7)...
- Endothelial and inducible nitric oxide synthases in oocytes of cattleP R L Pires
Departamento de Ciencias Basicas, Faculdade de Zootecnia e Engenharia de Alimentos, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Duque de Caxias Norte, 225, Pirassununga SP, CEP 13635 900, Brazil
Anim Reprod Sci 116:233-43. 2009..The following experiments were performed: (1) detection of the endothelial (eNOS) and inducible (iNOS) isoforms in the ovary by immunohistochemistry; (2) detection of eNOS and iNOS in the oocytes ..
- Internalization of eNOS and NO delivery to subcellular targets determine agonist-induced hyperpermeabilityFabiola A Sánchez
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey New Jersey Medical School, 185 South Orange Avenue, Newark, NJ 07101 1709, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:6849-53. 2009The molecular mechanisms of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) regulation of microvascular permeability remain unresolved. Agonist-induced internalization may have a role in this process...
- Phosphorylation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase by atypical PKC zeta contributes to angiopoietin-1-dependent inhibition of VEGF-induced endothelial permeability in vitroMalika Oubaha
Laboratory of Endothelial Cell Biology, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Blood 114:3343-51. 2009..Nitric oxide (NO) released from endothelial cells, after activation of endothelial NO synthase (eNOS), contributes to proangiogenic and permeability effects of VEGF...
- ADP signaling in vascular endothelial cells: ADP-dependent activation of the endothelial isoform of nitric-oxide synthase requires the expression but not the kinase activity of AMP-activated protein kinaseConnie Ng Hess
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 284:32209-24. 2009..We found that ADP promoted phosphorylation of the endothelial isoform of nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) at Ser(1179) and Ser(635) and dephosphorylation at Ser(116) in cultured endothelial cells...
- Distribution of arteriolovenous vessels, capillaries and eNOS expression in the bovine corpus luteum during the estrous cycle: a possible implication of different sensitivity by luteal phase to PGF(2alpha) in the increase of luteal blood flowKoumei Shirasuna
Graduate School of Animal and Food Hygiene, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Japan
J Reprod Dev 56:124-30. 2010..In the present study, we characterized the CL vasculature together with endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) expression during the estrous cycle in the cow...
- deltaPKC inhibition or varepsilonPKC activation repairs endothelial vascular dysfunction by regulating eNOS post-translational modificationMartina Monti
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Siena, Via Aldo Moro, 2, 53100, Siena, Italy
J Mol Cell Cardiol 48:746-56. 2010The balance between endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS)-derived nitric oxide (NO) and reactive oxygen species (ROS) production determines endothelial-mediated vascular homeostasis...
- Vasostatin 1 activates eNOS in endothelial cells through a proteoglycan-dependent mechanismRoberta Ramella
Dipartimento di Biologia Animale e dell Uomo, Universita di Torino, Italy
J Cell Biochem 110:70-9. 2010..However, the cellular processes upstream the eNOS activation exerted by this peptide are still unknown, as typical high-affinity receptors have not been identified...
- Activation of NAD(P)H oxidases by thromboxane A2 receptor uncouples endothelial nitric oxide synthaseMiao Zhang
Department of Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:125-32. 2011..How TPr stimulation causes vascular injury remains poorly defined. This study was conducted to investigate the mechanism by which TPr stimulation leads to vascular injury...
- The endothelial nitric oxide synthase/nitric oxide system is involved in the defective quality of bovine oocytes from low mid-antral follicle count ovariesI Tessaro
Dipartimento di Scienze Animali, Universita degli Studi di Milano, 20133 Milano, Italy
J Anim Sci 89:2389-96. 2011..The aim of the present study was to evaluate whether a defective endothelial nitric oxide synthase/nitric oxide (eNOS/NO) system and vasculature in healthy medium antral follicles is likely to reduce ..
- Endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ release modulates endothelial nitric-oxide synthase via extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) 1/2-mediated serine 635 phosphorylationZhihong Xiao
Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 286:20100-8. 2011Endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) plays a central role in cardiovascular regulation...
- Molecular mechanisms of activation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase mediated by transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1Li Chieh Ching
Department of Physiology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Cardiovasc Res 91:492-501. 2011..underlying the role of transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1 (TRPV1), a Ca(2+)-permeable non-selective cation channel, in the activation of endothelial nitric oxide (NO) synthase (eNOS) in endothelial cells (ECs) and mice.
- Suppression of eNOS-derived superoxide by caveolin-1: a biopterin-dependent mechanismKanchana Karuppiah
Department of Anesthesiology, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 301:H903-11. 2011In the vasculature, nitric oxide (NO) is generated by endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) in a calcium/calmodulin-dependent reaction...
- Bone morphogenetic protein receptor II is a novel mediator of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase activationArchana Gangopahyay
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Biol Chem 286:33134-40. 2011..Endothelial dysfunction, including decreased endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) activity and loss of bioactive nitric oxide (NO), plays a prominent role in the development of PAH...
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase: molecular cloning and characterization of a distinct constitutive enzyme isoformS Lamas
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:6348-52. 1992..The increase in BAEC NO synthase activity induced by tumor necrosis factor alpha is thus likely to involve posttranscriptional mechanisms or the induction of a distinct endothelial NO synthase isoform...
- Molecular cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding endothelial cell nitric oxide synthaseW C Sessa
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville 22908
J Biol Chem 267:15274-6. 1992..In addition, ECNOS contains a unique N-myristylation consensus sequence (not shared by bNOS or Mac-NOS) that may explain its membrane localization...
- Mapping the active site polarity in structures of endothelial nitric oxide synthase heme domain complexed with isothioureasH Li
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry and Physiology and Biophysics and Program in Macromolecular Structure, University of California, Irvine 92697 3900, USA
J Inorg Biochem 81:133-9. 2000..A small hydrophobic pocket in the active site is identified in the bovine eNOS heme domain structures complexed with potent isothiourea inhibitors: seleno analogue of S-ethyl-isothiourea, S-..
- Crystal structure of nitric oxide synthase bound to nitro indazole reveals a novel inactivation mechanismC S Raman
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Biochemistry 40:13448-55. 2001..We report the crystal structure of the catalytic heme domain of endothelial NOS complexed with 7-NIBr at 1.65 A resolution...
- Hyperglycemia reduces nitric oxide synthase and glycogen synthase activity in endothelial cellsI Noyman
Faculty of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, PO Box 12, 76100, Rehovot, Israel
Nitric Oxide 7:187-93. 2002..The effect of chronic hyperglycemia on endothelial NO-synthase (eNOS) activity and expression, glycogen synthase (GS) activity, extracellular-signal-regulated kinase (ERK 1,2), p38, ..
- Inhibition of heat shock protein 90 (hsp90) in proliferating endothelial cells uncouples endothelial nitric oxide synthase activityJingsong Ou
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 34:269-76. 2003..Increased expression of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) has been shown to play an important role in maintaining high levels of (*)NO generation to ..
- Receptor-regulated dynamic S-nitrosylation of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase in vascular endothelial cellsPhillip A Erwin
Cardiovascular, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 280:19888-94. 2005The endothelial isoform of nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) is regulated by a complex pattern of post-translational modifications...
- AMP-activated protein kinase is involved in endothelial NO synthase activation in response to shear stressYingjia Zhang
Division of Biomedical Sciences, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521 0121, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:1281-7. 2006..protein kinase (AMPK) is implicated in vascular biology because AMPK can phosphorylate endothelial NO synthase (eNOS)...
- A heat shock protein 90 binding domain in endothelial nitric-oxide synthase influences enzyme functionHao Xu
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Children s Research Institute, Cardiovascular Research Center, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Biol Chem 282:37567-74. 2007Previous reports suggest heat shock protein 90 (hsp90) associates with endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) to increase nitric oxide (*NO) generation...
- Src kinase activates endothelial nitric-oxide synthase by phosphorylating Tyr-83David Fulton
Vascular Biology Center and Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912 2500, USA
J Biol Chem 280:35943-52. 2005The endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) is regulated in part by serine/threonine phosphorylation, but eNOS tyrosine phosphorylation is less well understood...
- Losartan metabolite EXP3179 activates Akt and endothelial nitric oxide synthase via vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 in endothelial cells: angiotensin II type 1 receptor-independent effects of EXP3179Tetsu Watanabe
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Circulation 112:1798-805. 2005..Because of the importance of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) in vascular and platelet function, we hypothesized that losartan and its metabolites would ..
- Bi-phasic activation of eNOS in response to uni-axial cyclic stretch is mediated by differential mechanisms in BAECsHideo Takeda
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Life Sci 79:233-9. 2006..Correspondingly, the activities of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) and Akt/PKB (measured by phosphorylation at serine 1,177 and serine 473, respectively), ..
- Distinct roles of protease-activated receptors in signal transduction regulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthaseHiroyuki Suzuki
Cardiovascular Research Center and Department of Physiology, Temple University School of Medicine, 3420 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Hypertension 53:182-8. 2009....
- Three-dimensional Molecular Pattern RecognitionNiels Volkmann; Fiscal Year: 2006..For each step, computer-generated model systems will also be used as a tool for development and evaluation. Documentation, tutorials and an easy to-use interface will be developed. ..
- Automated docking and modeling for electron microscopyNiels Volkmann; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CALMODULIN FUNCTION IN THE CELLAnthony Persechini; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Switching Kinetics in Calmodulin-IQ Domain ComplexesAnthony Persechini; Fiscal Year: 2009..Mutations in unconventional myosins result in immune-deficiencies and neurological impairment, and are the most frequent cause of deafness-blindness in humans. ..
- Receptor Tyrosine Kinases in MechanotransductionZheng Gen Jin; Fiscal Year: 2009..has been shown to be atheroprotective, which is, in part, mediated by laminar flow-stimulated endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) activation and nitric oxide (NO) production from endothelial cells (EC)...