Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COL1A1
Description: collagen type I alpha 1 chain
Alias: collagen alpha-1(I) chain, alpha-1 type I collagen, collagen, type I, alpha 1
- Characterization of Microfibrillar-associated Protein 4 (MFAP4) as a Tropoelastin- and Fibrillin-binding Protein Involved in Elastic Fiber FormationBartosz Pilecki
From the Department of Cancer and Inflammation Research, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Southern Denmark, 5000 Odense C, Denmark
J Biol Chem 291:1103-14. 2016..Furthermore, we found that MFAP4 actively promotes tropoelastin self-assembly. In conclusion, our data identify MFAP4 as a new ligand of microfibrils and tropoelastin involved in proper elastic fiber organization. ..
- The covalent structure of collagen. Amino-acid sequence of peptide 1-CB6-C2P P Fietzek
Eur J Biochem 30:163-8. 1972
- Developmental Stage-dependent Regulation of Prolyl 3-Hydroxylation in Tendon Type I CollagenYuki Taga
From the Nippi Research Institute of Biomatrix, Toride, Ibaraki 302 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 291:837-47. 2016..The present findings suggest that prolyl 3-hydroxylation incrementally regulates collagen fibril diameter in tendon. ..
- Snail1 induced in breast cancer cells in 3D collagen I gel environment suppresses cortactin and impairs effective invadopodia formationMi Sook Lee
Department of Pharmacy, Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tumor Microenvironment Global Core Research Center, Medicinal Bioconvergence Research Center, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Republic of Korea
Biochim Biophys Acta 1843:2037-54. 2014..These observations support a signaling network among JNKs, Smads, Snail1, and cortactin to regulate the invasion of MDA-MB-231 cells embedded in 3D collagen I, which may be targeted during screening of anti-invasion reagents. ..
- Verification of simple hydration/dehydration methods to characterize multiple water compartments on tendon type 1 collagenIvan L Cameron
Cellular and Structural Biology Department, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Cell Biol Int 31:531-9. 2007....
- Discoidin domain receptor 2 inhibits fibrillogenesis of collagen type 1Cosmin Mihai
Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Mol Biol 361:864-76. 2006..Our results demonstrate a novel and important functional role of the DDR2 ECD that may contribute to collagen regulation via modulation of fibrillogenesis...
- The aggregation behavior of native collagen in dilute solution studied by intrinsic fluorescence and external probingKun Wu
National Engineering Laboratory for Clean Technology of Leather Manufacture, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610065, China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 102:186-93. 2013..45, 0.75 and 1.05 mg/mL, the probable characteristic fluorescence peaks for the interactions of proline-aromatic (CH∼π) among the collagen molecules were found at 298 and 316 nm...
- Domains and maturation processes that regulate the activity of ADAMTS-2, a metalloproteinase cleaving the aminopropeptide of fibrillar procollagens types I-III and VAlain Colige
Laboratory of Connective Tissues Biology, Center of Biomedical Integrative Genoproteomics, University of Liege, B 4000 SartTilman, Belgium
J Biol Chem 280:34397-408. 2005..This finding and the existence of multiple processed forms of ADAMTS-2 strongly suggest that ADAMTS-2 may be involved in function(s) other than processing of fibrillar procollagen types I-III...
- Delay of cell cycle progression and induction death of cancer cells on type I collagen fibrils [corrected]Jun Sasaki
Nippi Research Institute of Biomatrix, Toride, Ibaraki, Japan
Connect Tissue Res 52:167-77. 2011..These results imply that the fibril form of collagen plays a potential role in inhibiting the growth of cancer cells...
- Free axial vibrations at 0 to 200 Hz positively affect extracellular matrix messenger ribonucleic acid expression in bovine nucleus pulposiGeoffrey T Desmoulin
Optima Health Solutions International Corporation KKT International, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35:1437-44. 2010..5 g and 0 to 200 Hz. Expression of messenger ribonucleic acid for aggrecan, collagen type I, collagen type II, biglycan, decorin, and versican were assayed, as was apoptosis...
- Matrix-specific suppression of integrin activation in shear stress signalingA Wayne Orr
Department of Microbiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:4686-97. 2006..Thus, integrins actively cross-inhibit through specific kinase pathways. These mechanisms may determine cellular responses to complex extracellular matrices...
- Advanced granulomatous lesions in Mycobacterium bovis-infected cattle are associated with increased expression of type I procollagen, gammadelta (WC1+) T cells and CD 68+ cellsA Wangoo
Department of Pathology, Veterinary Laboratories Agency Weybridge, Addlestone, Surrey, KT15 3NB, UK
J Comp Pathol 133:223-34. 2005..Such disease correlates may help to inform the development of improved diagnostic methods and support vaccine development programmes...
- The covalent structure of collagen: amino-acid sequence of the cyanogen-bromide peptides alpha1-CB2, alpha1-CB4 and alpha1-CB5 from calf-skin collagenP P Fietzek
Eur J Biochem 52:77-82. 1975..Positions 101 and 102 of calf skin collagen are occupied by Asp-Ala, in rat skin collagen by Asn-Thr. The extensive homology in this region is remarkable and is not found in other regions of the alpha1 and alpha2-chain...
- OIM and related animal models of osteogenesis imperfectaJ R Shapiro
Bone Metabolism Research Laboratory, Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Hopkins Bayview Research Campus, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Connect Tissue Res 31:265-8. 1995..This heritable disorder of connective tissue is the result of mutations affecting the COL1A1 and COL1A2 genes of type I collagen...
- Characterization of the enzymatic activity of human kallikrein 6: Autoactivation, substrate specificity, and regulation by inhibitorsAngeliki Magklara
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ont, Canada M5G 1X5
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 307:948-55. 2003..Inhibition of hK6 was achieved via binding to different serpins, among which antithrombin III was the most efficient...
- Chromosomal assignments of expressed sequence tags for ACTG1, AHSG, COL1A1, GNAS1, and RPLP1 expressed abundantly in the bovine foetusY Muramatsu
Department of Food Science, Shizuoka Eiwa College, Ikeda, Shizuoka 422 8005, Japan
Anim Genet 33:230-1. 2002
- Further characterization of a somatic cell hybrid panel: ten new assignments to the bovine genomeG Guerin
Laboratoire de Génétique Biochimique et de Cytogénétique, INRA CRJ, Jouy en Josas, France
Anim Genet 25:31-5. 1994..This panel was then used to make synteny assignments for 10 additional loci, eight by Southern blotting (COL1A1, COL1A2, FAS, CTSB, CTSL, CHRNG, HEXB and HTR1A) and two by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification (HRH1 ..
- The covalent structure of collagen: amino acid sequence of 1-CB3 from calf skin collagenP P Fietzek
FEBS Lett 26:74-6. 1972
- The covalent structure of collagen. 2. The amino-acid sequence of alpha1-CB7 from calf-skin collagenP P Fietzek
Eur J Biochem 38:396-400. 1973
- The covalent structure of collagen. The amino-acid sequence of the 112-residues. Amino-terminal part of peptide 1-CB6 from calf-skin collagenP Wendt
Eur J Biochem 30:169-83. 1972
- Structural characterization of N-terminal antigenic determinants in calf and human collagenJ Rauterberg
Eur J Biochem 27:231-7. 1972