Gene Symbol: ovotransferrin
Description: transferrin (ovotransferrin)
Alias: LTF, TFEW, conalbumin, ovotransferrin, allergen Gal d III, lactotransferrin, ovotransferrin BB type, ovotransferrin BC type, ovotransferrin CC type, serum transferrin
- Ovalbumin: a secreted protein without a transient hydrophobic leader sequenceR D Palmiter
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 75:94-8. 1978....
- Qualitative and quantitative peptidomic and proteomic approaches to phenotyping chicken semenValerie Labas
INRA, UMR85 Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, F 37380 Nouzilly, France CNRS, UMR7247, F 37380 Nouzilly, France Université François Rabelais de Tours, F 37000 Tours, France IFCE, Institut Français du Cheval et de l Equitation, F 37380 Nouzilly, France INRA, Plate forme d Analyse Intégrative des Biomolécules, Laboratoire de Spectrometrie de masse, F 37380 Nouzilly, France
J Proteomics 112:313-35. 2015..Thus proteomic is a "phenomic molecular tool" that may help to discriminate avian males on their reproductive capacity. The data have been deposited with ProteomeXchange (identifiers PXD000287 and PXD001254)...
- Expression of transferrin binding protein in the capillaries of the brain in the developing chick embryoDong Woon Kim
Department of Anatomy, Research Institute for Medical Sciences, Chungnam National University College of Medicine, Daejeon, 301 131, South Korea
Neurochem Res 33:2288-93. 2008..The up-regulated expression of TfBP, together with the Tf-receptor of the brain capillaries, suggests that pericytes may be associated with the high iron uptake required for the metabolic demands of the developing brain...
- Precursor of egg white ovomucoid. Amino acid sequence of an NH2-terminal extensionS N Thibodeau
J Biol Chem 253:9018-23. 1978..The precursor sequence differs from those of two other proteins (pre-lysozyme and pre-conalbumin) secreted by the same cell, but resembles these and other secretory protein "signal peptides" in both ..
- pH-dependent conformational transitions in conalbumin (ovotransferrin), a metalloproteinase from hen egg whiteGulam Rabbani
Interdisciplinary Biotechnology Unit, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh 202 002, India
Cell Biochem Biophys 61:551-60. 2011Acid unfolding pathway of conalbumin (CA), a monomeric glycoprotein from hen egg white, has been investigated using far- and near-UV CD spectroscopy, intrinsic fluorescence emission, extrinsic fluorescence probe 1-anilino-8-napthalene ..
- Structural evidence for a pH-sensitive dilysine trigger in the hen ovotransferrin N-lobe: implications for transferrin iron releaseJ C Dewan
Department of Biochemistry, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461
Biochemistry 32:11963-8. 1993..The structure of the monoferric N-terminal half-molecule of hen ovotransferrin, reported here at 2...
- Unexpected differences in the behavior of ovotransferrin at the air-water interface at pH 6.5 and 8.0Cécile Le Floch-Fouéré
INRA, UMR1253 Science et Technologie du Lait et de l Œuf, F 35042 Rennes, France
J Colloid Interface Sci 356:614-23. 2011Adsorption of purified apo-ovotransferrin at the air-water interface was studied by ellipsometry, surface tension, polarization-modulation infrared reflection-absorption spectroscopy (PM-IRRAS), and shear elastic constant measurements...
- Identification of novel antioxidative peptides derived from a thermolytic hydrolysate of ovotransferrin by LC-MS/MSShengwen Shen
4 10 Agriculture Forestry Centre, Department of Agricultural and Food Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2P5
J Agric Food Chem 58:7664-72. 2010b>Ovotransferrin is a glycoprotein well-known for its iron-binding property. Ovotransferrin was reported to have antioxidative properties, but the presence of antioxidant peptides within the protein has not been reported...
- Organization and sequence studies of the 17-piece chicken conalbumin geneM Cochet
Nature 282:567-74. 1979The conalbumin gene has been cloned and shown to consist of at least 17 exons approximately 60-200 base pairs long...
- Identification of eggshell membrane proteins and purification of ovotransferrin and beta-NAGase from hen egg whiteG J Ahlborn
Department of Food Science, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, 27695, USA
Protein J 25:71-81. 2006..associated with the ESM activity have been identified including beta-N-acetylglucosaminidase, lysozyme and ovotransferrin, with each displaying varying degrees of antibacterial activity...
- Ovotransferrin is a redox-dependent autoprocessing protein incorporating four consensus self-cleaving motifs flanking the two kringlesHisham Radwan Ibrahim
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima 890 0065, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1760:347-55. 2006..In this study, we found that ovotransferrin (OTf), the second major protein in egg albumin, undergoes autocleavage at distinct sites upon reduction with ..
- Iron-binding process in the amino- and carboxyl-terminal lobes of ovotransferrin: quantitative studies utilizing single Fe3+-binding mutantsIkuko Okamoto
Division of Applied Life Sciences, The Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto 611 0011, Japan
Biochemistry 43:11118-25. 2004Iron-liganding-residue mutants of ovotransferrin, Y191F and Y524F, were investigated for their Fe(3+)-binding properties...
- The effect of avian uterine fluid on the growth behavior of calcite crystalsJ M Dominguez-Vera
Department de Quimica Inorganica, University of Granada, Spain
Poult Sci 79:901-7. 2000..The predominant constituents were ovalbumin and ovotransferrin at the initial phase and lysozyme, ovocleidin-17, ovocalyxin-32, 36- and 21-kDa bands, and ovocleidin-116 at ..
- Extraction and quantification by ELISA of eggshell organic matrix proteins (ovocleidin-17, ovalbumin, ovotransferrin) in shell from young and old hensM Panheleux
Station de Recherches Avicoles, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Nouzilly, France
Poult Sci 79:580-8. 2000..of these proteins as biomarkers of eggshell quality by developing a competitive indirect ELISA for quantifying ovotransferrin, ovalbumin, and ovocleidin-17 in eggshell extract...
- Extracellular fatty acid binding protein (Ex-FABP) modulation by inflammatory agents: "physiological" acute phase response in endochondral bone formationS Cermelli
Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Centro di Biotecnologie Avanzate, Genova Italy
Eur J Cell Biol 79:155-64. 2000..We also suggest that during endochondral bone formation other responses characteristic of a local inflammatory status, such as gelatinase production and angiogenic factor secretion, are "physiologically" activated...
- Crystal structure of hen apo-ovotransferrin. Both lobes adopt an open conformation upon loss of ironH Kurokawa
Research Institute for Food Science, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto 611, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:28445-52. 1999The three-dimensional crystal structure of hen apo-ovotransferrin has been solved by molecular replacement and refined by simulated annealing and restrained least squares to a 3.0-A resolution...
- Identical precursors for serum transferrin and egg white conalbuminS N Thibodeau
J Biol Chem 253:3771-4. 1978The NH2-terminal sequences of egg white conalbumin and chicken serum transferrin were examined and found to be identical...
- Change in glycosylation of chicken transferrin glycans biosynthesized during embryogenesis and primary culture of embryo hepatocytesP M Jacquinot
Laboratoire de Chimie Biologique, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique n 111, Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Glycobiology 4:617-24. 1994..In particular, the embryo serum transferrin glycan differed from that of chicken serum transferrin by the presence of a bisecting N-acetylglucosamine, ..
- Crystal structure of diferric hen ovotransferrin at 2.4 A resolutionH Kurokawa
Research Institute for Food Science, Kyoto University, Japan
J Mol Biol 254:196-207. 1995..The overall structure of ovotransferrin is similar to those of human lactoferrin and rabbit serum transferrin, being folded into two homologous lobes, each containing two dissimilar domains with one Fe3+ and one CO3(2)-..
- The complete nucleotide sequence of the chicken ovotransferrin mRNAJ M Jeltsch
Eur J Biochem 122:291-5. 1982..S., Lee, D. C., Mayo, K. E., and Palmiter, R. D. (1979) Nucleic Acids Res. 6, 2435-2452] of chicken ovotransferrin (conalbumin) mRNA has been determined. Taking into account the previously reported 5'-end sequence [Cochet, M...
- The primary structure of hen ovotransferrinJ Williams
Eur J Biochem 122:297-303. 1982Peptide sequences obtained from hen ovotransferrin are compared with the complete amino acid sequence of the protein deduced from a cDNA sequence (Jeltsch and Chambon, preceding paper)...
- The amino acid sequences of cysteic acid-containing peptides from performic acid-oxidized ovotransferrinT C Elleman
Biochem J 116:515-32. 19701. The half-cystine content of ovotransferrin, measured as cysteic acid, was 31mol/80000g of protein. 2. The amino acid sequences of cysteic acid-containing peptides from performic acid-oxidized ovotransferrin were studied. 3...
- Sequence of the chicken ovotransferrin geneJ M Jeltsch
INSERM U184, Faculte de Medecine, Strasbourg, France
Nucleic Acids Res 15:7643-5. 1987
- Iron transport and storageR R Crichton
Eur J Biochem 164:485-506. 1987
- The amino acid sequence of a carbohydrate-containing fragment of hen ovotransferrinI B Kingston
Biochem J 147:463-72. 19751. Hen ovotransferrin was treated with CNBr and fractionated by gel filtration. 2. After further treatment by reduction and carboxymethylation a carbohydrate-containing fragment of molecular weight 11990 was obtained (fragment BCd). 3...
- Investigation by 360-MHz 1H-nuclear-magnetic-resonance spectroscopy and methylation analysis of the single glycan chain of chicken ovotransferrinL Dorland
Eur J Biochem 100:569-74. 1979The primary structure of two glycopeptides obtained by pronase digestion of chicken ovotransferrin has been investigated by 360-MHz proton nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy and methylation analysis...