Gene Symbol: interferon gamma
Description: interferon gamma
Alias: interferon gamma, IFN-gamma, Interferon-gamma level, interferon-gama
- IL-18 stimulates the proliferation and IFN-gamma release of CD4+ T cells in the chicken: conservation of a Th1-like system in a nonmammalian speciesThomas W Göbel
Institute for Animal Physiology, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Immunol 171:1809-15. 2003....
- Molecular cloning, expression, and characterization of chicken IFN -lambdaAdam J Karpala
CSIRO, Livestock Industries, Australian Animal Health Laboratory, Geelong, Victoria, Australia
J Interferon Cytokine Res 28:341-50. 2008..Our results demonstrate that in the chicken, as in human, the antiviral activity demonstrated by ChIFN-lambda supports its inclusion in therapeutic strategies directed against viral infections...
- Both host and parasite MIF molecules bind to chicken macrophages via CD74 surface receptorSungwon Kim
Avian Immunobiology Laboratory, Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Dev Comp Immunol 47:319-26. 2014..during infection, bound to chicken macrophages via ChCD74p41 as a surface receptor. Together, this study provides conclusive evidence that both host and parasite MIF molecules bind to chicken macrophages via the surface receptor ChCD74...
- Effects of interferon-γ knockdown on vaccine-induced immunity against Marek's disease in chickensKamran Haq
Department of Pathobiology, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1 Haq, Wootton, Barjesteh, Sharif Department of Animal and Food Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, 19716 USA Golovan Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, College of Biological Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1 Bendall
Can J Vet Res 79:1-7. 2015..However, administration of the rAAAV expressing shRNA targeting chicken IFN-γ did not seem to fully abrogate vaccine-induced protection...
- Genetic effects analysis of myeloid leukemia factor 2 and T cell receptor-beta on resistance to coccidiosis in chickensE S Kim
Bovine Functional Genomics Laboratory, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, USDA, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
Poult Sci 89:20-7. 2010..These results suggest that the SNP in the MLF2 gene can be one of the markers to select coccidiosis resistance in chickens...
- IFN-γ, IL-21, and IL-10 co-expression in evolving autoimmune vitiligo lesions of Smyth line chickensFengying Shi
Department of Poultry Science, University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture, Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701, USA
J Invest Dermatol 132:642-9. 2012..Taken together, SLV appears to be a Th1-polarized autoimmune disease, whereby IFN-γ expression is strongly associated with parallel increases in IL-10 and IL-21, particularly during early and active stages of SLV...
- Changes of IgA+ cells and cytokines in the cecal tonsil of broilers fed on diets supplemented with vanadiumYuanxin Deng
Key Laboratory of Animal Diseases and Environmental Hazards of Sichuan Province, College of Veterinary Medicine, Sichuan Agricultural University, Ya an, China
Biol Trace Elem Res 147:149-55. 2012..Simultaneously, the changes in interleukin-6 (IL-6), interleukin-10 (IL-10), interferon gamma (IFN-γ) and tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α) contents in the cecal tonsil were also quantified by enzyme-..
- Effects of zearalenone on IL-2, IL-6, and IFN-γ mRNA levels in the splenic lymphocytes of chickensY C Wang
College of Veterinary Medicine, Sichuan Agricultural University, Yaan, Sichuan 625014, China
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:567327. 2012..05). These data suggest that ZEN has potent effects on the expression of chicken splenic lymphocytes cytokines at the mRNA level...
- Cloning and expression of the chicken interferon-gamma geneM R Digby
CSIRO Division of Animal Health, Animal Health Research Laboratory, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Interferon Cytokine Res 15:939-45. 1995..These findings show that the emergence of the two principal types of IFN predates the divergence of avians and mammals that occurred some 350 million years ago...
- Biological properties of recombinant chicken interferon-gammaK C Weining
Abteilung Virologie, University of Freiburg, Germany
Eur J Immunol 26:2440-7. 1996....
- Structure of the chicken interferon-gamma gene, and comparison to mammalian homologuesP Kaiser
Institute for Animal Health, Compton, Berkshire, UK
Gene 207:25-32. 1998..However, promoter sequence polymorphisms between different inbred lines of chickens have been identified, with possible links to disease resistance...
- Effects of supplemental chromium on interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma) mRNA expression in response to Newcastle disease vaccine in broiler chickenJanet Bhagat
Division of Nutrition and Feed Technology, Central Avian Research Institute, Izatnagar 243122, Bareilly, India
Res Vet Sci 85:46-51. 2008..Thus, the supplementation of chromium at appropriate dose might be helpful to enhance the IFN-gamma mRNA expression in response to NDV...
- Pivotal role of ChIFNgamma in the pathogenesis and immunosuppression of infectious bursal diseaseFabienne Rauw
Avian Virology and Immunology Unit, Veterinary and Agrochemical Research Centre, Ukkel Brussels, Belgium
Avian Pathol 36:367-74. 2007..In conclusion, a ChIFNgamma dysregulation occurs in chickens infected with IBDV and the overproduction of ChIFNgamma by T lymphocytes plays a key role in the pathogenesis and immunosuppression induced by this virus...
- Infectious Bronchitis Virus induces acute interferon-gamma production through polyclonal stimulation of chicken leukocytesMark P Ariaans
Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Virology 385:68-73. 2009..These results indicate that IBV acts as a polyclonal stimulus, inducing a rapid production of IFN-gamma even without previous exposure to the virus...
- Contrasting evolution of diversity at two disease-associated chicken genesTim Downing
Smurfit Institute of Genetics, Trinity College, University of Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Immunogenetics 61:303-14. 2009....