Gene Symbol: ATH5
Description: atonal homolog 7 (Drosophila)
Alias: ATH5, Atonal Homolog 5, atonal transcription factor homologue, cATH5, helix-loop-helix protein cATH-5, protein atonal homolog 5, protein atonal homolog 7
- Specification of neurotransmitter receptor identity in developing retina: the chick ATH5 promoter integrates the positive and negative effects of several bHLH proteinsL Matter-Sadzinski
Department of Biochemistry, Sciences II, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Development 128:217-31. 2001..is an early marker of ganglion cell differentiation, is under the specific control of the chick atonal homolog ATH5. Functional analysis of the ATH5 promoter indicates that interactions between ATH5 and several other bHLH ..
- A role of ath5 in inducing neuroD and the photoreceptor pathwayWenxin Ma
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0009, USA
J Neurosci 24:7150-8. 2004..Here we present experimental data suggesting that ath5, which is known for its critical role in retinal ganglion cell development, may also lead to photoreceptor ..
- Highly specific interactions between bHLH transcription factors and chromatin during retina developmentDorota Skowronska-Krawczyk
University of Geneva, Biochemistry Department, 30 Quai Ernest Ansermet, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Development 131:4447-54. 2004Basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factors such as atonal homolog 5 (ATH5) and neurogenin 2 (NGN2) determine crucial events in retinogenesis...
- Wnt2b inhibits differentiation of retinal progenitor cells in the absence of Notch activity by downregulating the expression of proneural genesFumi Kubo
RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, 2 2 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
Development 132:2759-70. 2005..Wnt2b downregulated the expression of multiple proneural bHLH genes as well as Notch. In addition, expression of Cath5 under the control of an exogenous promoter suppressed the negative effect of Wnt2b on neuronal differentiation...
- The basic domain of ATH5 mediates neuron-specific promoter activity during retina developmentDorota Skowronska-Krawczyk
University of Lausanne, Eye Hospital Jules Gonin, Switzerland
Mol Cell Biol 25:10029-39. 2005..neuronal nicotinic receptor, a specific marker of retinal ganglion cells, is under the direct control of the atonal homolog 5 (ATH5) basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factor...
- Conserved regulatory sequences in Atoh7 mediate non-conserved regulatory responses in retina ontogenesisDorota Skowronska-Krawczyk
Department of Biochemistry, Sciences II, University of Geneva, 1211 Geneve 4, Switzerland
Development 136:3767-77. 2009..In summary, we show how highly conserved regulatory elements are put to use in mediating non-conserved functions and creating interspecies neuronal diversity...