Gene Symbol: unc-103
Description: Protein UNC-103
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Caenorhabditis elegans UNC-103 ERG-like potassium channel regulates contractile behaviors of sex muscles in males before and during matingL Rene Garcia
Department of Biology, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 3258, USA
J Neurosci 23:2696-705. 2003..The premature prolonged contractions cause the spicules to extend from the male tail before the spicule tips penetrate the vulva. These observations demonstrate that unc-103 controls various aspects of spicule function...
- In vivo identification of genes that modify ether-a-go-go-related gene activity in Caenorhabditis elegans may also affect human cardiac arrhythmiaChristina I Petersen
Department of Anesthesiology and Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:11773-8. 2004..Our studies demonstrate the feasibility of using C. elegans to assay and potentially identify aLQTS candidate genes...
- Genetic screening in C. elegans identifies rho-GTPase activating protein 6 as novel HERG regulatorFranck Potet
Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 46:257-67. 2009..These data link a rhoGAP-activated PLC pathway to HERG membrane expression and implicate this family of proteins as candidate genes in disorders involving HERG...
- Mutations with dominant effects on the behavior and morphology of the nematode Caenorhabditis elegansE C Park
Genetics 113:821-52. 1986..elegans would result in a nonmutant phenotype. Second, the dominant effects of mutations in nine of these ten genes are caused by novel gene functions, and in all nine cases the novel function is antagonized by the wild-type function...
- Genetic Regulation of Mating Behavior in C. elegan MalesLuis Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2009..Additionally, this project will identify components of activating pathways that must be attenuated by unc-103 during periods between mating. ..