Gene Symbol: omp2b
Description: Omp2b, porin
Species: Brucella abortus bv. 1 str. 9-941
- Species-specific sequences at the omp2 locus of Brucella type strainsT A Ficht
Veterinary Pathobiology, Texas Agricultural Experiment Station, College Station 77843, USA
Int J Syst Bacteriol 46:329-31. 1996..We developed specific probes which were used to verify the observed differences among the type strains following PCR amplification of portions of the omp2 locus...
- Phenotypic and molecular characterization of a Brucella strain isolated from a minke whale (Balaenoptera acutorostrata)C Clavareau
Centre d Etude et de Recherches Vétérinaires et Agrochimiques, Brussels, Belgium
Microbiology 144:3267-73. 1998..Moreover, analysis of the omp2 locus by PCR-RFLP, by Southern hybridization using omp2a- and omp2b-specific probes, and by DNA sequencing showed that the minke whale isolate possesses two copies of the omp2b gene ..
- Classification of Brucella spp. isolated from marine mammals by DNA polymorphism at the omp2 locusA Cloeckaert
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Laboratoire de Pathologie Infectieuse et Immunologie, 37380 Nouzilly, France
Microbes Infect 3:729-38. 2001..The omp2 locus contains two gene copies (named omp2a and omp2b) coding for porin proteins and has been found particularly useful for molecular typing and identification of ..
- Molecular evidence of new variant Brucella in North Pacific common minke whalesKazue Ohishi
Program for Marine Biology and Ecology, Japan Agency for Marine Earth Science and Technology, Natsushima 2 15, Yokosuka, Kanagawa 237 0061, Japan
Microbes Infect 6:1199-204. 2004..The North Pacific Brucella showed the highest similarity to North Atlantic seal strains among the known Brucella strains...
- Development of a multiplex PCR assay for polymorphism analysis of Brucella suis biovars causing brucellosis in swineLénia Ferrão-Beck
Laboratório Nacional de Investigação Veterinária, Porto, Portugal
Vet Microbiol 115:269-77. 2006..Based on sequence variation of the omp2b gene, we have developed a four primer set multiplex PCR assay that was tested for polymorphism analysis of B...