Gene Symbol: ospB
Description: outer surface protein B
Species: Borrelia burgdorferi B31
- Structural investigation of Borrelia burgdorferi OspB, a bactericidal Fab targetMichael Becker
Biology Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York 11973, USA
J Biol Chem 280:17363-70. 2005Certain antibody Fab fragments directed against the C terminus of outer surface protein B (OspB), a major lipoprotein of the Lyme disease spirochete, Borrelia burgdorferi, have the unusual property of being bactericidal even in the ..
- Molecular analysis of linear plasmid-encoded major surface proteins, OspA and OspB, of the Lyme disease spirochaete Borrelia burgdorferiS Bergstrom
Department of Microbiology, University of Umeea, Sweden
Mol Microbiol 3:479-86. 1989The ospA and ospB genes encode the major outer membrane proteins of the Lyme disease spirochaete Borrelia burgdorferi...
- A bactericidal antibody to Borrelia burgdorferi is directed against a variable region of the OspB proteinA Sadziene
Department of Microbiology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78284 7758
Infect Immun 62:2037-45. 1994..hermsii, a cause of relapsing fever, was further characterized. H6831, an antibody recognizing the OspB proteins of some B. burgdorferi strains, and H4825, an antibody specific for one serotype of B...
- Sequence variation in the outer-surface-protein genes of Borrelia burgdorferiD A Caporale
Department of Zoology, University of New Hampshire, Durham 03824
Mol Biol Evol 11:51-64. 1994..We sequenced the OspA and OspB genes of nine North American strains and compared them with nine strains previously described...
- An experimental chain of infection reveals that distinct Borrelia burgdorferi populations are selected in arthropod and mammalian hostsJ R Ryan
Department of Entomology, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Mol Microbiol 30:365-79. 1998..In the case of OspB, two alleles were again identified...
- Complement receptor 3 binds the Borrelia burgdorferi outer surface proteins OspA and OspB in an iC3b-independent mannerRodolfo C Garcia
Leukocyte Biology Unit, I C G E B, Area Science Park, 34012 Trieste, Italy
Infect Immun 73:6138-42. 2005..The present work demonstrates the direct binding of the Borrelia burgdorferi outer surface proteins OspA and OspB to CR3 and that this binding is independent of iC3b.
- Borrelia burgdorferi inhibits human neutrophil functionsPauliina Hartiala
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Turku, Kiinamyllynkatu 13, 20520 Turku, Finland
Microbes Infect 10:60-8. 2008Outer surface proteins OspA and OspB are among the most prominent Borrelia burgdorferi surface molecules. We constructed OspAB and OspA complementation mutants of B...
- Flagellin and outer surface proteins from Borrelia burgdorferi are not glycosylatedJan Sterba
Biology Center of Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Institute of Parasitology, Branisovska 31, CZ 37005 Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
J Bacteriol 190:2619-23. 2008..We did not find any evidence for glycosylation of the major outer membrane proteins OspA and OspB or the structural flagellar proteins FlaB and FlaA. We suggest that glycoproteins present on the surface of B...