Gene Symbol: dbpB
Description: decorin-binding protein B
Species: Borrelia burgdorferi B31
- Adherence of Borrelia burgdorferi to the proteoglycan decorinB P Guo
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Albert B Alkek Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University, Houston 77030, USA
Infect Immun 63:3467-72. 1995..Our results indicate that decorin may mediate the adherence of B. burgdorferi to collagen fibers in skin and other tissues...
- Decorin binding proteins of Borrelia burgdorferi promote arthritis development and joint specific post-treatment DNA persistence in miceJemiina Salo
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Turku, Turku, Finland Turku Doctoral Programme of Biomedical Sciences, TuBS, Turku, Finland
PLoS ONE 10:e0121512. 2015..With that goal, mice were infected with B. burgdorferi strains expressing either DbpA or DbpB, or both DbpA and B, or with a strain lacking the adhesins...
- Humoral immunity to Borrelia burgdorferi N40 decorin binding proteins during infection of laboratory miceS Feng
Center for Comparative Medicine, Schools of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Infect Immun 66:2827-35. 1998..These genes showed homology with the genes encoding decorin binding proteins DbpB and DbpA, respectively, of B. burgdorferi 297 and B31. N40-dbpA DNA hybridized with B...
- Decorin-binding adhesins from Borrelia burgdorferiB P Guo
Albert B Alkek Institute of Biosciences and Technology and the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, Houston 77030, USA
Mol Microbiol 30:711-23. 1998..We have now cloned and sequenced two genes encoding the proteins, DbpA and DbpB, which have a similar structure, as revealed by circular dichroism (CD) spectroscopy of recombinant proteins...
- Decorin-binding protein A (DbpA) of Borrelia burgdorferi is not protective when immunized mice are challenged via tick infestation and correlates with the lack of DbpA expression by B. burgdorferi in ticksK E Hagman
Department of Microbiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
Infect Immun 68:4759-64. 2000..The failure of DbpA immunization to protect tick-challenged mice contradicts the results of earlier needle inoculation vaccination experiments and suggests that DbpA may not be suitable as a Lyme disease vaccine...
- The dbpBA locus of Borrelia burgdorferi is not essential for infection of miceYanlin Shi
Department of Pathobiological Sciences, Louisiana State University, Skip Bertman Drive at River Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
Infect Immun 74:6509-12. 2006..burgdorferi expresses a broad array of adhesive molecules, including the decorin-binding proteins A and B (DbpA and DbpB), which are believed to play important roles in mammalian infection...
- Borrelia burgdorferi lacking DbpBA exhibits an early survival defect during experimental infectionEric H Weening
Department of Microbial and Molecular Pathogenesis, College of Medicine, Texas A and M Health Science Center, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Infect Immun 76:5694-705. 2008..burgdorferi and are required for optimal resistance to both innate and adaptive immune mechanisms following needle inoculation...