Gene Symbol: AFUA_5G09360
Description: calcineurin catalytic subunit CnaA
Species: Aspergillus fumigatus Af293
- Calcineurin controls growth, morphology, and pathogenicity in Aspergillus fumigatusWilliam J Steinbach
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Box 3499, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Eukaryot Cell 5:1091-103. 2006..Our findings reveal that calcineurin appears to play a globally conserved role in the virulence of several pathogenic fungi and yet plays specialized roles in each and can be an excellent target for therapeutic intervention...
- Calcineurin localizes to the hyphal septum in Aspergillus fumigatus: implications for septum formation and conidiophore developmentPraveen Rao Juvvadi
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Eukaryot Cell 7:1606-10. 2008..This is the first study to implicate calcineurin in septum formation and conidiophore development of a filamentous fungus...
- Localization and activity of the calcineurin catalytic and regulatory subunit complex at the septum is essential for hyphal elongation and proper septation in Aspergillus fumigatusPraveen Rao Juvvadi
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Mol Microbiol 82:1235-59. 2011..These findings confirm a cooperative role for the calcineurin complex in regulating hyphal growth and septation...
- Phosphorylation of Calcineurin at a novel serine-proline rich region orchestrates hyphal growth and virulence in Aspergillus fumigatusPraveen R Juvvadi
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 9:e1003564. 2013..These findings suggest the possibility of harnessing this unique SPRR for innovative antifungal drug design to combat invasive aspergillosis. ..
- Novel motif in calcineurin catalytic subunit is required for septal localization of calcineurin in Aspergillus fumigatusPraveen R Juvvadi
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
FEBS Lett 590:501-8. 2016....
- Aspergillus fumigatus calcineurin interacts with a nucleoside diphosphate kinaseTaísa Magnani Dinamarco
Faculdade de Filosofia, Ciencias e Letras de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Microbes Infect 14:922-9. 2012..The SwoH(V83F) mutation did not cause a loss in virulence in the Galleria mellonella infection model. Taken together these results imply that CalA interacts with SwoH...
- Calcineurin target CrzA regulates conidial germination, hyphal growth, and pathogenesis of Aspergillus fumigatusRobert A Cramer
Duke University Medical Center, Box 3499, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Eukaryot Cell 7:1085-97. 2008..In addition, the importance of CrzA to the production of disease is critical, and thus CrzA is an attractive fungus-specific antifungal target for the treatment of invasive aspergillosis...
- Calcineurin-dependent galactomannan release in Aspergillus fumigatusM A S H Mennink-Kersten
Department of Medical Microbiology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 30:551-3. 2011....
- Calcineurin and Aspergillus fumigatus PathogenesisWILLIAM STEINBACH; Fiscal Year: 2008..I will also test the non-immunosuppressive calcineurin inhibitor analogs to decrease the total level of immunosuppression and therefore increase the overall antifungal efficacy of exploiting the calcineurin pathway. ..