- Oesophageal acid stimulation in humans: does it alter baroreflex function?
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Cardiology Center, Faculty of Medicine, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Acta Physiol Hung 90:109-14. 2003
..The baroreflex gain was not changed during the studied conditions in any group. Neither increased vagal tone, nor increased vagal variability occurred and the baroreflex gain was not altered during oesophageal acid simulation...
- Non-invasive detection of hypovolemia or fluid responsiveness in spontaneously breathing subjects
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Therapy, University of Szeged, Semmelweis u, 6, Szeged 6725, Hungary
BMC Anesthesiol 13:40. 2013
..In addition, we tested the alterations in labial microcirculation...
- Severe cardiovascular autonomic dysfunction in a patient with Guillain-Barre syndrome: a case report
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Cardiology Center, Medical University of Szeged, Korányi fasor 7, 6720 Szeged, Hungary
Auton Neurosci 86:94-8. 2000
..Despite the plasma exchange and supportive therapies, the patient finally developed adult respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), sepsis and died due to septic shock...
- Measures of cardiovascular autonomic regulation derived from spontaneous methods and the Valsalva maneuver
Faculty of Medicine, Cardiology Center, Medical Intensive Care Unit, University of Szeged, Korányi fasor 7, Szeged 6720, Hungary
Auton Neurosci 103:100-5. 2003
..We concluded that all of these methods are useful in calculating baroreflex gain, but owing to the differences in underlying physiological mechanisms, they are not necessarily in correlation with each other...
- Human autonomic responses to blood donation
University of Szeged, Faculty of Medicine, Cardiology Center, Medical Intensive Care Unit, Korányi fasor 7, Szeged 6720, Hungary
Auton Neurosci 110:114-20. 2004
..Vagal withdrawal was reflected in decreased root mean square of successive differences (RMSSD), decreased HF RRI power and decreased up sequence BRS...
- Respiratory effects on the reproducibility of cardiovascular autonomic parameters
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 27:205-10. 2007
..In conclusion, respiration had a strong influence on the most widely used cardiovascular autonomic parameters. The controlling of breathing did not result in consistent improvement in their reproducibility...